Genomes and Genes
Summary: The end-result or objective, which may be specified or required in advance.
Publications324 found, 100 shown here
- Human and rodent homologies in action control: corticostriatal determinants of goal-directed and habitual actionBernard W Balleine
Brain and Mind Research Institute, University of Sydney, Camperdown, NSW, Australia
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:48-69. 2010..The neural basis of the integration of learning and motivation in choice and decision-making is still controversial and we review some recent hypotheses relating to this issue...
- HIV-related stigma as a barrier to achievement of global PMTCT and maternal health goals: a review of the evidenceJanet M Turan
Department of Health Care Organization and Policy, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1665 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
AIDS Behav 17:2528-39. 2013The global community has set goals of virtual elimination of new child HIV infections and 50 percent reduction in HIV-related maternal mortality by the year 2015...
- The unconscious will: how the pursuit of goals operates outside of conscious awarenessRuud Custers
Department of Psychology, Utrecht University, Heidelberglaan 1, 3584 CS Utrecht, Netherlands
Science 329:47-50. 2010People often act in order to realize desired outcomes, or goals. Although behavioral science recognizes that people can skillfully pursue goals without consciously attending to their behavior once these goals are set, conscious will is ..
- Infants predict other people's action goalsTerje Falck-Ytter
Department of Psychology, Uppsala University, Box 1225, 751 42 Uppsala, Sweden
Nat Neurosci 9:878-9. 2006..The activation of this system requires observing an interaction between the hand of the agent and an object...
- Parietal lobe: from action organization to intention understandingLeonardo Fogassi
Dipartimento di Psicologia, Universita di Parma, Borgo Carissimi 10, 43100 Parma, Italy
Science 308:662-7. 2005..Thus, these neurons not only code the observed motor act but also allow the observer to understand the agent's intentions...
- Hippocampal place-cell sequences depict future paths to remembered goalsBrad E Pfeiffer
Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nature 497:74-9. 2013....
- Learner regulated knowledge of results during the acquisition of multiple timing goalsJae T Patterson
Department of Physical Education and Kinesiology, Brock University, Canada
Hum Mov Sci 29:214-27. 2010..Thus, the results extend previous research by suggesting a generalized learning strategy by performers acquiring multiple motor task goals.
- Building a practically useful theory of goal setting and task motivation. A 35-year odysseyEdwin A Locke
R H Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, USA
Am Psychol 57:705-17. 2002..They describe the core findings of the theory, the mechanisms by which goals operate, moderators of goal effects, the relation of goals and satisfaction, and the role of goals as mediators of ..
- Goals and habits in the brainRay J Dolan
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London WC1 3BG, UK Electronic address
Neuron 80:312-25. 2013..We review four generations of work in this tradition and provide pointers to the forefront of the field's fifth generation. ..
- The prevalence of meeting A1C, blood pressure, and LDL goals among people with diabetes, 1988-2010Sarah Stark Casagrande
Social and Scientific Systems, Inc, Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
Diabetes Care 36:2271-9. 2013..who meet hemoglobin A1c (A1C), blood pressure (BP), and LDL cholesterol (ABC) recommendations and their current statin use, factors associated with goal achievement, and changes in the proportion achieving goals between 1988 and 2010.
- Therapeutic inertia is an impediment to achieving the Healthy People 2010 blood pressure control goalsEni C Okonofua
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Hypertension 47:345-51. 2006Therapeutic inertia (TI), defined as the providers' failure to increase therapy when treatment goals are unmet, contributes to the high prevalence of uncontrolled hypertension (> or =140/90 mm Hg), but the quantitative impact is ..
- Determining the neural substrates of goal-directed learning in the human brainVivian V Valentin
Division of Humanities and Social Sciences, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Neurosci 27:4019-26. 2007..These results suggest an important contribution of orbitofrontal cortex in guiding goal-directed instrumental choices in humans...
- Understanding others' actions and goals by mirror and mentalizing systems: a meta-analysisFrank Van Overwalle
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Neuroimage 48:564-84. 2009..explores the role of the mirror and mentalizing systems in the understanding of other people's action goals. Based on over 200 fMRI studies, this analysis demonstrates that the mirror system - consisting of the anterior ..
- Husbands' versus wives' fertility goals and use of contraception: the influence of gender context in five Asian countriesK O Mason
World Bank, Washington, DC 20433, USA
Demography 37:299-311. 2000..This is the case because the proportion of couples with differing fertility goals is small in most communities.
- Individual differences in the propensity to approach signals vs goals promote different adaptations in the dopamine system of ratsShelly B Flagel
Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, University of Michigan, 205 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109 0720, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 191:599-607. 2007..The way an individual responds to cues associated with rewards may be a key determinant of vulnerability to compulsive behavioral disorders...
- Optimizing the decoding of movement goals from local field potentials in macaque cortexDavid A Markowitz
Center for Neural Science, New York University, New York, New York 10003, USA
J Neurosci 31:18412-22. 2011..implanted multielectrode arrays with individually movable electrodes to examine how the encoding of movement goals depends on cortical depth...
- Report on the inaugural meeting of the International Consortium on Hallucination Research: a clinical and research update and 16 consensus-set goals for future researchFlavie Waters
Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Graylands Hospital, Mail Bag No 1, Claremont, Perth 6910, Western Australia
Schizophr Bull 38:258-62. 2012..Here, we outline the top 16 goals for research on auditory hallucinations, which cover topics of conceptual importance, academic and treatment ..
- Calculating consequences: brain systems that encode the causal effects of actionsSaori C Tanaka
Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences and Computation and Neural Systems Program, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Neurosci 28:6750-5. 2008..These results reveal the involvement of distinct brain regions in the computational processes that establish the causal efficacy of actions, providing insight into the neural mechanisms underlying the adaptive control of behavior...
- Achieving the Millennium Development Goals: does mental health play a role?J Jaime Miranda
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 2:e291. 2005
- Orienting attention in time activates left intraparietal sulcus for both perceptual and motor task goalsKaren Davranche
Université de Provence and Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Marseille Cedex 3, France
J Cogn Neurosci 23:3318-30. 2011....
- Action experience alters 3-month-old infants' perception of others' actionsJessica A Sommerville
Department of Psychology and Institute for Learning and Brain Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Cognition 96:B1-11. 2005..These findings indicate that infants can rapidly form goal-based action representations and suggest a developmental link between infants' goal directed actions and their ability to detect goals in the actions of others.
- Are we on course for reporting on the Millennium Development Goals in 2015?Deborah Rugg
Department of Evidence, Monitoring and Policy EMP, Monitoring and Evaluation EVA Division, UNAIDS, Geneva, Switzerland
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 52:S69-76. 2009....
- Interactions between health technology assessment, coverage, and regulatory processes: emerging issues, goals, and opportunitiesChris Henshall
University of York and Health Technology Assessment International
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 27:253-60. 2011..This study summarizes the main points emerging from a recent discussion of this topic at the HTAi Policy Forum...
- Do patients and providers agree about the most important facts and goals for breast reconstruction decisions?Clara N Lee
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7195, USA
Ann Plast Surg 64:563-6. 2010..related to the decision, and the treatment chosen should be consistent with the patient's personal preferences or goals. We sought to identify the most important facts and goals for decisions about breast reconstruction after ..
- Tracking the construction of episodic future thoughtsArnaud D'Argembeau
Department of Cognitive Sciences, University of Lie ge, Lie ge, Belgium
J Exp Psychol Gen 140:258-71. 2011..of this general personal knowledge and tested the hypothesis that it is mainly organized in terms of personal goals. Study 2 showed that cuing participants with knowledge about personal goals increased the ease of future event ..
- Recommended dietary reference intakes, nutritional goals and dietary guidelines for fat and fatty acids: a systematic reviewJavier Aranceta
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Br J Nutr 107:S8-22. 2012..are analyzed following a systematic review process to examine dietary reference intakes, nutritional goals and dietary guidelines for fat and fatty acids...
- Triangles have goals too: understanding action representation in left aIPSRichard Ramsey
School of Psychology, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
Neuropsychologia 48:2773-6. 2010..However, it is not yet known if the brain systems that respond to human action-goals also respond to the action-goals of shapes...
- Nine-months-old infants do not need to know what the agent prefers in order to reason about its goals: on the role of preference and persistence in infants' goal-attributionMikolaj Hernik
Research Department of Educational, Clinical and Health Psychology, University College London, UK
Dev Sci 15:714-22. 2012Human infants readily interpret others' actions as goal-directed and their understanding of previous goals shapes their expectations about an agent's future goal-directed behavior in a changed situation...
- The essential tension between leadership and power: when leaders sacrifice group goals for the sake of self-interestJon K Maner
Department of Psychology, Florida State University, FL, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 99:482-97. 2010Throughout human history, leaders have been responsible for helping groups attain important goals. Ideally, leaders use their power to steer groups toward desired outcomes...
- Habitual versus goal-directed action control in Parkinson diseaseSanne de Wit
Department of Psychology, Amsterdam Center for Study of Adaptive Control in Brain and Behavior Acacia, University of Amsterdam, Roeterstraat 15, 1018 WB, The Netherlands
J Cogn Neurosci 23:1218-29. 2011..If anything our results suggest a disease severity-dependent deficit in goal-directed behavior. These results are discussed in the context of Parkinson disease and the neurobiology of habitual and goal-directed behavior...
- Goal-selection and movement-related conflict during bimanual reaching movementsJorn Diedrichsen
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cereb Cortex 16:1729-38. 2006Conflict during bimanual movements can arise during the selection of movement goals or during movement planning and execution. We demonstrate a behavioral and neural dissociation of these 2 types of conflict...
- Performance goals on simulators boost resident motivation and skills laboratory attendanceDimitrios Stefanidis
Carolinas Simulation Center, Division of Gastrointestinal and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Department of General Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina 28203, USA
J Surg Educ 67:66-70. 2010To assess the impact of setting simulator training goals on resident motivation and skills laboratory attendance.
- Goal-oriented cognitive rehabilitation for people with early-stage Alzheimer disease: a single-blind randomized controlled trial of clinical efficacyLinda Clare
Bangor University, United Kingdom
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:928-39. 2010..To provide evidence regarding the clinical efficacy of cognitive rehabilitation (CR) in early-stage Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- Writing SMART rehabilitation goals and achieving goal attainment scaling: a practical guideThamar J H Bovend'Eerdt
Oxford Brookes University and Oxford Centre for Enablement, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford, UK
Clin Rehabil 23:352-61. 2009To describe a practical method of setting personalized but specific goals in rehabilitation that also facilitates the use of goal attainment scaling.
- Regret and quality of life across the adult life span: the influence of disengagement and available future goalsCarsten Wrosch
Department of Psychology, Centre for Research in Human Development, Concordia University, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Psychol Aging 20:657-70. 2005..It was suggested that being disengaged from undoing the consequences of regrets and having many future goals available may reduce older adults' intensity of regret and thereby contribute to a better quality of life...
- Corticostriatal connectivity underlies individual differences in the balance between habitual and goal-directed action controlSanne de Wit
Amsterdam Center for the Study of Adaptive Control in Brain and Behavior, Department of Developmental Psychology, University of Amsterdam, 1018 XA Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurosci 32:12066-75. 2012..These findings suggest that integrity of dissociable corticostriatal pathways underlies individual differences in action control in the healthy population, which may ultimately mediate vulnerability to impulse control disorders...
- Mechanisms of implementation intention effects: the role of goal intentions, self-efficacy, and accessibility of plan componentsThomas L Webb
Department of Psychology, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Br J Soc Psychol 47:373-95. 2008..These findings suggest that implementation intention effects are not explained by increased deliberation, but rather accrue from heightened accessibility of specified opportunities and strong opportunity-response links...
- Self-regulation of goal setting: turning free fantasies about the future into binding goalsG Oettingen
Department of Psychology, New York University, New York 10003, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 80:736-53. 2001..g., making plans), affective (e.g., felt attachment), and behavioral terms (e.g., effort expenditure, quality of performance). Implications for theories on goal setting and goal striving are discussed...
- Intention, action planning, and decision making in parietal-frontal circuitsRichard A Andersen
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Neuron 63:568-83. 2009..These sensorimotor functions can be harnessed for neural prosthetic operations by decoding intended goals (planning) and trajectories (forward state estimation) of movements as well as higher cortical functions related ..
- Mania and dysregulation in goal pursuit: a reviewSheri L Johnson
Flipse Building Fifth Floor, Department of Psychology, University of Miami, 5665 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Coral Gables, FL 33146, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 25:241-62. 2005..These increases in confidence, coupled with a background of ambitious goals, are believed to promote excessive pursuit of goals...
- Goal setting as a strategy for dietary and physical activity behavior change: a review of the literatureMical Kay Shilts
Family and Consumer Sciences Department, California State University, Sacramento, California, USA
Am J Health Promot 19:81-93. 2004..Estimate effectiveness of goal setting for nutrition and physical activity behavior change, review the effect of goal-setting characteristics on behavior change, and investigate effectiveness of interventions containing goal setting...
- Differential coupling of visual cortex with default or frontal-parietal network based on goalsJames Z Chadick
Department of Neurology, Physiology and Psychiatry, W M Keck Foundation Center for Integrative Neuroscience, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Nat Neurosci 14:830-2. 2011..This indicates that sensory cortical regions are differentially and dynamically coupled with distinct networks on the basis of task goals.
- Motor abstraction: a neuroscientific account of how action goals and intentions are mapped and understoodVittorio Gallese
Department of Neuroscience, Section of Physiology, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Psychol Res 73:486-98. 2009..Empirical evidence on the neural underpinnings of action goals and on their ontogeny and phylogeny is introduced and discussed...
- How global versus local perception fits regulatory focusJens Förster
International University Bremen, Germany
Psychol Sci 16:631-6. 2005....
- Goals, attention, and (un)consciousnessAp Dijksterhuis
Behavioral Science Institute, Radboud University Nijmegen, 6500 HE Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Annu Rev Psychol 61:467-90. 2010..from neuroscience, cognitive psychology, and social cognition is integrated to discuss the relation between goals, attention, and consciousness. Goals are the tools with which people engage in volitional behavior...
- Motor system activation reveals infants' on-line prediction of others' goalsVictoria Southgate
Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development, School of Psychology, Birkbeck, Malet St, London WC1E 7HX, United Kingdom
Psychol Sci 21:355-9. 2010Despite much research demonstrating infants' abilities to attribute goals to others' actions, it is unclear whether infants can generate on-line predictions about action outcomes, an ability crucial for the human propensity to cooperate ..
- Differential engagement of the ventromedial prefrontal cortex by goal-directed and habitual behavior toward food pictures in humansSanne de Wit
Amsterdam Center for the Study of Adaptive Control in Brain and Behavior Acacia, Department of Psychology, University of Amsterdam, 1018 WB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurosci 29:11330-8. 2009..We can therefore exclude a purely Pavlovian account of ventromedial prefrontal function and unequivocally demonstrate its involvement in the acquisition as well as deployment of goal-directed knowledge...
- Intelligence and the frontal lobe: the organization of goal-directed behaviorJ Duncan
MRC Applied Psychology Unit, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cogn Psychol 30:257-303. 1996..A frontal process of constraint or requirement activation is fundamental to Spearman's g...
- Beyond grasping: representation of action in human anterior intraparietal sulcusE Tunik
Department of Physical Therapy, Steinhardt School of Education, New York University, NY, USA
Neuroimage 36:T77-86. 2007..a network involved in the higher order dynamic control of action, including representation of intended action goals. These findings may be important not only for guiding the design of future experiments investigating related ..
- Palliative goals, patient selection, and perioperative platelet management: outcomes and lessons from 3 decades of splenectomy for myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia at the Mayo ClinicRuben A Mesa
Division of Hematology and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 107:361-70. 2006..The authors retrospectively analyzed their experience with splenectomy over the course of 30 years to analyze the impact of improved techniques, antimicrobials, and aggressive postoperative control of platelet counts on outcome...
- Using immunization delivery strategies to accelerate progress in Africa towards achieving the Millennium Development GoalsC John Clements
Centre for International Health, The Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health Ltd, GPO Box 2284, Commercial Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
Vaccine 26:1926-33. 2008..within and between organizations to solve common problems, developing a commitment to a shared vision and goals, and using common technologies and resources to achieve these goals...
- Goal neglect and inhibitory limitations: dissociable causes of interference effects in conflict situationsR De Jong
Institute of Experimental and Occupational Psychology, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Acta Psychol (Amst) 101:379-94. 1999..These results indicate that, in addition to mean performance levels, variability of task performance may provide a valuable source of evidence regarding the actual cause of performance limitations or deficits in conflict situations...
- A navigational guidance system in the human brainHugo J Spiers
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London WC1N 3BG, United Kingdom
Hippocampus 17:618-26. 2007..current position during navigation, surprisingly little is known about how the human brain guides navigation to goals. Computational accounts argue that specific brain regions support navigational guidance by coding the proximity ..
- Neuronal correlates of goal-based motor selection in the prefrontal cortexKenji Matsumoto
Cognitive Brain Mapping Laboratory, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Science 301:229-32. 2003..This prefrontal activity is likely to underlie goal-based action selection...
- Shift from goal-directed to habitual cocaine seeking after prolonged experience in ratsAgustin Zapata
Integrative Neuroscience Section, National Institutes of Health, National Institute on Drug Abuse Intramural Research Program, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Neurosci 30:15457-63. 2010....
- Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5: progress and challengesJennifer Bryce
Institute for International Programs, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
BMC Med 11:225. 2013The Millennium Development Goals have galvanized efforts to improve child survival (MDG-4) and maternal health (MDG-5)...
- The unconscious regulation of emotion: nonconscious reappraisal goals modulate emotional reactivityLawrence E Williams
Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado at Boulder, UCB 419, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Emotion 9:847-54. 2009..Two experiments examined the effects of nonconsciously operating goals on people's emotion regulatory success. In Experiment 1, participants engaged in an anxiety-eliciting task...
- Goal-directed training: linking theories of treatment to clinical practice for improved functional activities in daily lifeM Mastos
School of Occupational Therapy, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Australia
Clin Rehabil 21:47-55. 2007BACKGROUND: Goal-directed training is an activity-based approach to therapy. Meaningful, client-selected goals are used to provide opportunities for problem solving and to indirectly drive the movements required to successfully meet the ..
- Task goals and change in dynamical degrees of freedom with motor learningKarl M Newell
Department of Kinesiology, College of Health and Human Development, Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform 29:379-87. 2003..These findings support the proposition that the observed increase or decrease in dimension with learning is dependent on both the intrinsic dynamics of the system and the short-term change required to realize the task goal...
- Goal-directed aiming: two components but multiple processesDigby Elliott
School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, England
Psychol Bull 136:1023-44. 2010..e., Down syndrome, Williams syndrome, autism spectrum disorder, normal aging) within the framework of a multiple-process approach to goal-directed aiming...
- Identifying and applying psychological theory to setting and achieving rehabilitation goalsLesley Scobbie
Alliance for Self Care Research, Department of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Stirling, Stirling, Scotland, UK
Clin Rehabil 23:321-33. 2009..Goal setting is considered to be a fundamental part of rehabilitation; however, theories of behaviour change relevant to goal-setting practice have not been comprehensively reviewed...
- Disruption in the balance between goal-directed behavior and habit learning in obsessive-compulsive disorderClaire M Gillan
Department of Experimental Psychology and Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Am J Psychiatry 168:718-26. 2011..This study investigated whether the urge to perform compulsive acts is mediated by a disruption in the balance between flexible, goal-directed action control and habitual behavior...
- The frequency and behavioral outcomes of goal choices in the self-management of diabetesPaul A Estabrooks
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Diabetes Educ 31:391-400. 2005..determine the frequency and effectiveness of behavioral goal choices in the self-management of diabetes and to test goal-setting theory hypotheses that self-selection and behavioral specificity of goals are key to enhancing persistence.
- Genome Consortium for Active Teaching: meeting the goals of BIO2010A Malcolm Campbell
Department of Biology, Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28035, USA
CBE Life Sci Educ 6:109-18. 2007..GCAT is meeting important goals of BIO2010 by making research methods accessible to undergraduates, training faculty in genomics and ..
- Long-term aftereffects of response inhibition: memory retrieval, task goals, and cognitive controlFrederick Verbruggen
Department of Psychology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform 34:1229-35. 2008..can slow responses for 1-20 trials after successful inhibition, which suggests the automatic retrieval of task goals. On the basis of these findings, the authors concluded that cognitive control can rely on both memory retrieval ..
- Can a self-propelled box have a goal? Psychological reasoning in 5-month-old infantsYuyan Luo
Psychology Department, University of Illinois, Champaign, 61820, USA
Psychol Sci 16:601-8. 2005Some researchers have suggested that infants' ability to reason about goals develops as a result of their experiences with human agents and is then gradually extended to other agents...
- Stress prompts habit behavior in humansLars Schwabe
Department of Cognitive Psychology, Ruhr University Bochum, 44780 Bochum, Germany
J Neurosci 29:7191-8. 2009..Moreover, stress reduced subjects' explicit knowledge of the action-outcome contingencies. These results demonstrate for the first time that stress promotes habits at the expense of goal-directed performance in humans...
- Health, development and the Millennium Development GoalsR Dodd
Department for Health Policy, Development and Services, EIP HDS, World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 100:379-87. 2006The Millennium Development Goals (MDG), which emerged from the United Nations Millennium Summit in 2000, are increasingly recognized as the over-arching development framework...
- Prebiotics and the health benefits of fiber: current regulatory status, future research, and goalsAmy M Brownawell
Life Sciences Research Organization, Inc, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Nutr 142:962-74. 2012..LSRO) held a workshop, Prebiotics and the Health Benefits of Fiber: Future Research and Goals, in February 2011 to assess the current state of the science and the international regulatory environment for ..
- Accounting for water quality in monitoring access to safe drinking-water as part of the Millennium Development Goals: lessons from five countriesRob E S Bain
Water and Health Research Centre, University of Bristol, England
Bull World Health Organ 90:228-235A. 2012..To determine how data on water source quality affect assessments of progress towards the 2015 Millennium Development Goal (MDG) target on access to safe drinking-water...
- Addressing inequity to achieve the maternal and child health millennium development goals: looking beyond averagesGeorge M Ruhago
School of Public Health and Social Sciences, Muhimbili University, P, O Box 65015, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
BMC Public Health 12:1119. 2012..maternal health interventions is impeding progress towards the maternal and child health Millennium Development Goals. This study explores the potential health gains and equity impact if a set of priority interventions for mothers ..
- Pairings of lever and food induce Pavlovian conditioned approach of sign-tracking and goal-tracking in C57BL/6 miceArthur Tomie
Center of Alcohol Studies, Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, 607 Allison Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854 8001, USA
Behav Brain Res 226:571-8. 2012..Corticosterone release, a pathophysiological marker of vulnerability to drug abuse, was positively related to ST CR performance...
- Through the looking glass: focusing on long-term goals increases immanent justice reasoningMitchell J Callan
Department of Psychology, University of Essex, UK
Br J Soc Psychol 52:377-85. 2013..moral) behaviour to a greater extent when they first focused on their long-term (vs. short-term) goals. These findings highlight the important function believing in a just world plays in self-regulatory processes by ..
- Management of Wilms' tumour: current practice and future goalsJohn A Kalapurakal
Department of Radiation Oncology, Children s Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University, IL, Chicago, USA
Lancet Oncol 5:37-46. 2004..Better understanding of the biological processes that lead to this childhood cancer will allow further improvements in its management...
- Evidence for a unitary goal concept in 12-month-old infantsSzilvia Biro
Department of Psychology, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Dev Sci 14:1255-60. 2011..This finding suggests that, by 12 months, infants possess a unitary concept of goal...
- "Let's work together": what do infants understand about collaborative goals?Annette M E Henderson
Department of Psychology, HSB building, 10 Symonds Street, The University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Cognition 121:12-21. 2011..The implications of our findings for theories of collaboration and folk psychology are discussed...
- Speed/accuracy trade-off between the habitual and the goal-directed processesMehdi Keramati
School of Management and Economics, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
PLoS Comput Biol 7:e1002055. 2011....
- Predicting objectively assessed physical activity from the content and regulation of exercise goals: evidence for a mediational modelSimon J Sebire
Centre for Exercise, Nutrition and Health Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, U K
J Sport Exerc Psychol 33:175-97. 2011..Ryan, 2000), the purpose of this work was to examine effects of the content and motivation of adults' exercise goals on objectively assessed moderate-to-vigorous physical activity (MVPA)...
- Infants generate goal-based action predictionsErin N Cannon
Department of Human Development, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Dev Sci 15:292-8. 2012..This study suggests that by 11 months infants actively use goal analysis to generate on-line predictions of an agent's next action...
- Parallel goal-directed and habitual control of human drug-seeking: implications for dependence vulnerabilityLee Hogarth
School of Psychology, University of Nottingham, UK
J Exp Psychol Anim Behav Process 37:261-76. 2011....
- Randomized controlled trial of peer-led recovery education using Building Recovery of Individual Dreams and Goals through Education and Support (BRIDGES)Judith A Cook
University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Psychiatry, Chicago, IL 60612, United States
Schizophr Res 136:36-42. 2012The purpose of this study was to test the efficacy of a peer-led, mental illness education intervention called Building Recovery of Individual Dreams and Goals through Education and Support (BRIDGES).
- Financing of health systems to achieve the health Millennium Development Goals in low-income countriesRobert Fryatt
Health Systems and Services, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 375:419-26. 2010Concern that underfunded and weak health systems are impeding the achievement of the health Millennium Development Goals in low-income countries led to the creation of a High Level Taskforce on Innovative International Financing for ..
- Goal anticipation during action observation is influenced by synonymous action capabilities, a puzzling developmental studyGustaf Gredeback
Department of Psychology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Exp Brain Res 202:493-7. 2010..53). These findings suggests a connection between manual ability and the ability to anticipate the goal of others' actions in toddlers, in accordance with the direct matching hypothesis...
- The AgeWell study of behavior change to promote health and wellbeing in later life: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialLinda Clare
School of Psychology, Bangor University, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2AS, UK
Trials 13:115. 2012..Lifestyle factors playing a role in the development of late-life disability may be modifiable. There is a need for robust evidence about the potential for prevention of disability through behavior change interventions...
- The concept and measurement of meaning in life in Dutch cancer patientsTessa A Jaarsma
Northern Centre for Healthcare Research, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Psychooncology 16:241-8. 2007..Future research can investigate its appropriateness for other populations than cancer patients, and if and how the experience of meaning in life eventually changes as a result of existential threats...
- Rehabilitation of executive functioning with training in attention regulation applied to individually defined goals: a pilot study bridging theory, assessment, and treatmentTatjana Novakovic-Agopian
Veteran s Administration Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 26:325-38. 2011..To assess feasibility and effects of training in goal-oriented attentional self-regulation for patients with brain injury and chronic executive dysfunction...
- The automated will: nonconscious activation and pursuit of behavioral goalsJ A Bargh
Department of Psychology, New York University, New York 10003, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 81:1014-27. 2001It is proposed that goals can be activated outside of awareness and then operate nonconsciously to guide self-regulation effectively (J. A. Bargh, 1990)...
- Understanding the goals of service learning and community-based medical education: a systematic reviewJustin B Hunt
Division of Health Services Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Acad Med 86:246-51. 2011To understand the educational goals of projects described as "service learning" or "community-based medical education" and to learn how relationships between medical schools and community members are discussed in these projects.
- Encoding goals but not abstract magnitude in the primate prefrontal cortexAldo Genovesio
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Sapienza, University of Rome, 00185 Rome, Italy
Neuron 74:656-62. 2012..result, domain-specific neural processing at the single-cell level seems to underlie domain generality as observed at the regional level, with a common representation of prospective goals rather than a common representation of magnitude.
- Chimpanzees' flexible targeted helping based on an understanding of conspecifics' goalsShinya Yamamoto
Primate Research Institute, Kyoto University, Inuyama, Aichi 4848506, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:3588-92. 2012..Many still believe that this is because only humans can understand others' goals due to our unique "theory of mind" abilities, especially shared intentionality...
- Approach-avoidance motivation in personality: approach and avoidance temperaments and goalsAndrew J Elliot
Department of Clinical and Social Sciences in Psychology, University of Rochester, New York 14627 0266, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 82:804-18. 2002..In Studies 3-7, approach and avoidance temperaments were shown to be systematically linked to achievement goals (both nomothetic and idiographic). The findings are discussed in terms of an integrative approach to personality.
- Basic oral health goals for Spain 2015/2020Manuel Bravo
University of Granada, Spain
Int Dent J 59:78-82; quiz 62. 2009To define the basic oral health goals for Spain 2015 (children)/2020 (adults).
- 'Obsessed with goals': functions and mechanisms of teleological interpretation of actions in humansGergely Csibra
School of Psychology, Birkbeck, University of London, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX, United Kingdom
Acta Psychol (Amst) 124:60-78. 2007....
- The structure of goal contents across 15 culturesFrederick M E Grouzet
School of Psychology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Pers Soc Psychol 89:800-16. 2005..Results suggested that the 11 types of goals the authors assessed were consistently organized in a circumplex fashion across the 15 cultures...
- Feature binding and episodic retrieval in blindness for congruent stimuli: evidence from analyses of sequential congruencyChris Oriet
Department of Psychology, University of Regina, 3737 Wascana Parkway, Regina, Saskatchewan, S4S 0A2, Canada
Psychol Res 71:30-41. 2007..Implications for action planning and feature binding are discussed...
- Millennium development goals and the water target: details, definitions and debateOsman A Dar
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
Trop Med Int Health 16:540-4. 2011..drinking water leave out some important elements that should be taken into account when determining whether the goals have been met...
- Choosing goals, not rules: deciding among rule-based action plansChristian Klaes
Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience, Gottingen, Germany
Neuron 70:536-48. 2011..Movement goals must then be inferred from the sensory cue based on rules...
- What you want (and do not want) affects what you see (and do not see): avoidance social goals and social eventsAmy Strachman
Psychology Department, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 32:1446-58. 2006Two studies examined the influence of approach and avoidance social goals on memory for and evaluation of ambiguous social information...
- Goal attainment scaling (GAS) in rehabilitation: a practical guideLynne Turner-Stokes
Kings College London, School of Medicine, Regional Rehabilitation Unit, Northwick Park Hospital, Harrow, UK
Clin Rehabil 23:362-70. 2009Goal attainment scaling is a mathematical technique for quantifying the achievement (or otherwise) of goals set, and it can be used in rehabilitation...
- When do patients and their physicians agree on diabetes treatment goals and strategies, and what difference does it make?Michele Heisler
Veterans Affairs Center for Practice Management and Outcomes Research, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, MI 48113 0170, USA
J Gen Intern Med 18:893-902. 2003..contributes to improved patient self-care by promoting greater agreement on patient-specific treatment goals and strategies...
- Goal setting in diabetes self-management: taking the baby steps to successDarren A DeWalt
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Patient Educ Couns 77:218-23. 2009To evaluate the usefulness of a diabetes self-management guide and a brief counseling intervention in helping patients set and achieve their behavioral goals.
- Understanding/ Treating Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Pediatric Physical IllnessEva Szigethy; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Discovery metabolite profiling of the prolyl peptidasesAlan Saghatelian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the application of DMP to peptidases will demonstrate the generality of this approach for the future characterization of medically relevant enzymes and signaling pathways. ..
- Personalized Clinical Diagnostics and Beyond: Integrated Ring Resonator ArraysRyan Bailey; Fiscal Year: 2009..This technology promises to broadly impact the landscape of the biomedical sciences, both meeting the clinical diagnostic challenges of today and pioneering the paradigm-shifting discoveries of tomorrow. ..
- Novel TIRF microscopy analyzing trafficking & signaling at the cell cortexDerek Toomre; Fiscal Year: 2009..Their advances will directly benefits goals of the DP2 and the new electronics and software's performance will be benchmarked and iteratively improved...
- NIH Director's Pioneer AwardERICH JARVIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Repairing the pathway in vocal learners, when damaged, would have profound impact for correcting neurological disorders of speech. ..
- Prevention of Complications in ThalassemiaElliott P Vichinsky; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our future goals include expanded screening for cardiac iron deposition using newly available MRI technology and pulmonary ..
- SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR THE NTP INTERAGENCY CENTER/VALIDATION OF ALT METHODSDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2012..S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate, ICCVAM and NICEATM prepared a five-year plan to describe goals and objectives for the years 2008 through 2012...
- SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR THE NTP INTERAGENCY CENTER/VALIDATION OF ALT METHODSDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2011..S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate, ICCVAM and NICEATM prepared a five-year plan to describe goals and objectives for the years 2008 through 2012...
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 2 Javier Crespo; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. Virgin Islands. The NN/LM goals are: to develop collaborations among network members and other organizations to improve access to and sharing of ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 2 DENNIS PATTRATH; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. Virgin Islands. The NN/LM goals are: to develop collaborations among network members and other organizations to improve access to and sharing of ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 2JM J TOOEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..S. Virgin Islands. The NN/LM goals are: to develop collaborations among network members and other organizations to improve access to and sharing of ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 2JM J TOOEY; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 2JM J TOOEY; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 3Ruth Holst; Fiscal Year: 2010..The NN/LM goals are: to develop collaborations among network members and other organizations to improve access to and sharing of ..
- Vaccine Development for Falciparum Malaria in Pregnant Women and Their OffspringIan C Michelow; Fiscal Year: 2013..He plans to accomplish his goals by acquiring critical new skills in the following three key areas: 1) vaccine immunology, 2) advanced molecular ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 3Ruth Holst; Fiscal Year: 2009..The NN/LM goals are: to develop collaborations among network members and other organizations to improve access to and sharing of ..
- The Primate Corpus Luteum: Functional Regression and Cardiovascular ImpactsRandy L Bogan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Formal classes and training objectives are laid out to meet the aforementioned immediate goals. The research plan will address the novel hypothesis that cholesterol uptake and efflux activities, regulated by ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 3Ruth Holst; Fiscal Year: 2013..The NN/LM goals are: to develop collaborations among network members and other organizations to improve access to and sharing of ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 3Ruth Holst; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 3Ruth Holst; Fiscal Year: 2012
- Role of NGF in inflammatory and proliferative cascades of psoriatic diseaseSiba P Raychaudhuri; Fiscal Year: 2012..To determine these goals we are studying blood, joint fluid and joint tissues from patients with psoriatic arthritis and other forms of ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) region 4Claire Hamasu; Fiscal Year: 2010
- Ligand Directed Transdermal siRNA Delivery to Improve Wound HealingDavid M Evans; Fiscal Year: 2012..Consequently, the primary goals in the treatment of wounds are rapid wound closure with minimal appearance of scarring...
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) region 4Claire Hamasu; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Tyrosine Availability Influences Mesocortico-Limbic CatecholaminesGEORGE EUGENE JASKIW; Fiscal Year: 2012..If recovery and reintegration into the community are goals, then currently available medications are highly unsatisfactory...
- Principles of Therapy in Cerebellar Disease: Explorations in Ion Channel MutantsJOHN SAMUEL STAHL; Fiscal Year: 2013..The specific goals of the application include: 1)To determine whether one of the eye movement abnormalities of mice with cerebellar ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 5MICHELLE MALIZIA; Fiscal Year: 2010
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 5MICHELLE MALIZIA; Fiscal Year: 2009
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 6CATHY BURROUGHS; Fiscal Year: 2009
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 7TAMARA COMBS; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. Territories in the Pacific Basin. The NN/LM goals are: to develop collaborations among network members and other organizations to improve access to and sharing of ..
- The influence of air pollution mixtures on biomarkers of airway oxidative stressRoby Greenwald; Fiscal Year: 2013The immediate career goals of the candidate, Dr. Roby Greenwald, are to examine the respiratory response to inhaled oxidants, specifically, the influence of air pollution mixtures on markers of airway inflammation and oxidative stress...
- Development of VN/14-1 and Related Analogs for Breast Cancer TherapyVINCENT COLLINS OFUKA NJAR; Fiscal Year: 2013..34 and 1.41 hr, in mouse and rat, respectively. Therefore, in this application, one of our goals is to design and synthesize new analogs with improved in vivo stability and with anti-breast cancer activities as ..
- Sphingolipid Metabolism in Drosophila DevelopmentJulie D Saba; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our long-term goals are to exploit Drosophila to elucidate the role of sphingolipids in biology, membrane function, and tissue ..
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and birth outcomes in Mexico CityMARIE SYLVIA O'NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Reducing infant mortality is one of the Millennium Development Goals, so the public health importance of understanding and minimizing environmental contributors to poor birth outcomes ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 4HAMASU CLAIRE; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 4HAMASU CLAIRE; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 8Javier Crespo; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 8Javier Crespo; Fiscal Year: 2013
- Metabolic Engineering of Bacteria for Cancer Immunotherapy by Gamma Delta T CellsCraig T Morita; Fiscal Year: 2013..To accomplish our goals, we will: (1) metabolically engineer vaccine bacteria to overproduce HMBPP, (2) test engineered bacteria in vitro ..
- Behavioral Activation Therapy for Rural Veterans with Diabetes and DepressionAanand Dinkar Naik; Fiscal Year: 2013..theory-based process for conducting the sessions with the aim of creating patient-centered and articulated goals and behavioral action plans...
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 8Javier Crespo; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 4HAMASU CLAIRE; Fiscal Year: 2011
- The Habenulo-Interpeduncular Pathway and NicotineChristie D Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2013..The immediate goals of this proposal are twofold: (1) to further define the mechanisms of the habenulo-interpeduncular pathway and its ..
- DNA Damage and Response in the Bladder Microenvironment.Bradley P Dixon; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Candidate's immediate goals are to investigate these biological processes in a bladder microenvironment through both in vitro and in vivo ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 1Colleen Cuddy; Fiscal Year: 2010
- Effect of PPARy Ligands on Alcohol-Induced Alveolar Macrophage Oxidative StressSamantha M Yeligar; Fiscal Year: 2013..The likelihood that she will achieve these goals is supported by planned mentorship from well-established investigators, the abundant scientific opportunities ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 6CATHY BURROUGHS; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 6CATHY BURROUGHS; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 5MICHELLE MALIZIA; Fiscal Year: 2013
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 5MICHELLE MALIZIA; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 5MICHELLE MALIZIA; Fiscal Year: 2011
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 6CATHY BURROUGHS; Fiscal Year: 2011
- Genetic and physiological causes of inherited Vascular and Metabolic DiseasesArya Mani; Fiscal Year: 2013..The current study goals are investigating the effect of the mutation on metabolism of glucose and insulin secretion and function in ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 1KATE BURR OLIVER; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Collagen X and heparan sulfate proteoglycan in the hematopoietic stem cell niche.ELIZABETH G SWEENEY; Fiscal Year: 2012..an extension to the completed aims of a NRSA awarded to this investigator, and will provide data towards future goals of characterizing the extracellular matrix contribution to cytokine rich niches in development and disease...
- Skeletal Muscle. Ca Release Control Inside the Sarcoplasmic Reticulum.Eduardo Rios; Fiscal Year: 2013..These goals are now feasible in living animals thanks to a DNA transfection method that works with every protein and can be ..
- Group A Streptococcus responses to oxidative stressIoannis Gryllos; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goals of this project are to characterize GAS adaptive responses coordinated by PerR under oxidative stress, and begin ..
- DNA methylation of extracellular superoxide dismutase in pulmonary hypertensionEVA NOZIK GRAYCK; Fiscal Year: 2012..The long term goals are to establish new pathways important in the regulation of this pivotal antioxidant enzyme in the vessel wall, ..
- SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR THE NTP INTERAGENCY CENTER/VALIDATION OF ALT METHODSDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2009..Prevention of eye injury is of great importance to human health. Two critically important goals are the replacement of the rabbit eye test with one or more alternative assay(s) that can provide equal or greater ..
- Role and Regulation of INrf2ANIL KUMAR JAISWAL; Fiscal Year: 2013..The major goals of this proposal are to study role and regulation of INrf2. To this effect, we propose four specific aims...
- Molecular Markers for Progression of Pulmonary Fibrosis in Systemic SclerosisShervin Assassi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Training Plan and Career Goals: The proposed four-year program provides intensive mentoring, didactic course work and independent scientific ..
- Pathobiology of Cystic Fibrosis-Related Diabetes in a Ferret ModelZoe Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2013..To address the goals of Aim 1, we will use standard pancreatic endocrine functional tests to confirm that a subset of CF ferrets ..
- Mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, and surgical acute kidney injuryFREDERIC TREMAINE BILLINGS; Fiscal Year: 2013..His immediate career goals are to 1) Test the hypothesis that mitochondrial dysfunction contributes to oxidative and AKI following cardiac ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 7Julie Kwan; Fiscal Year: 2011..S. Territories in the Pacific Basin. The NN/LM goals are: to develop collaborations among network members and other organizations to improve access to and sharing of ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 7Julie Kwan; Fiscal Year: 2013..S. Territories in the Pacific Basin. The NN/LM goals are: to develop collaborations among network members and other organizations to improve access to and sharing of ..
- Androgen Modulation of Neurodegeneration in Dopamine NeuronsRebecca L Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2010..To be completed by applicant- follow PHS416-1 instructions) 20. GOALS FOR KIRSCHSTEIN-NRSA FELLOWSHIP TRAINING AND CAREER The training goals of this fellowship include learning ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 7Julie Kwan; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 1BARBARA EPSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2012
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Region 1BARBARA EPSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2011
- Transforming PCI Informed Consent into an Evidence-based Decision-making ToolJohn A Spertus; Fiscal Year: 2010..e. those at the highest risk for bleeding) Finally, we will integrate all of these goals by formally assessing the cost-effectiveness of PCI after introducing PRISM into practice...
- STRUCTURE-BASED TUBERCULOSIS DRUG DESIGN TARGETED AT ACYL-COA CARBOXYLASEShiou Chuan Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2010..relevance to the mission of the agency). Describe concisely the research design and methods for achieving these goals. Describe the rationale and techniques you will use to pursue these goals...
- AGE, SENSATION AND FALLS--BIOMECHANICS AND PREVENTIONGe Wu; Fiscal Year: 1999The primary goals of this proposal are to study the biomechanics of posture at the level of single body segments in relation to age and peripheral sensory deficits in the visual and somatosensory systems that the aging process; also to ..