Genomes and Genes
Summary: Non-acceptance, negative attitudes, hostility or excessive criticism of the individual which may precipitate feelings of rejection.
Publications310 found, 100 shown here
- Materials aspects of implantable cardiac pacemaker leadsS D Bruck
Biomaterials and Medical Devices Consulting Group, Stephen D. Bruck Associates, Inc, Rockville, MD 20851
Med Prog Technol 13:149-60. 1988..Such guidelines should take into consideration, among others, the physiological environment, species-differences between test animals and humans, and observe reliable statistical interpretations based on sufficient data...
- Physician views about treating low back pain. The results of a national surveyD C Cherkin
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:1-9; discussion 9-10. 1995....
- [Lung and heart-lung transplantation: indications, complications and prognosis]T O Wagner
Abteilung Pneumologie im Zentrum Innere Medizin und Dermatologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Pneumologie 48:110-20. 1994..One- and two-year survival rates are 85 and 82% resp. in our program and thus are in the same range as those after heart transplantation...
- Metabolic abnormalities following heart transplantation in patients with idiopathic cardiomyopathyW H Sheu
Department of Medicine, Tri-Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan ROC
Horm Metab Res 27:469-72. 1995....
- [Ketogenic diet: efficacy and tolerability in childhood intractable epilepsy]R Caraballo
, , Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Neurol 26:61-4. 1998..Due to the small number of patients and short follow-up, we can not speculate about results in relation to each epileptic syndrome, neither the risk of late complications...
- Single photon radioluminescence. II. Signal detection and biological applicationsZ Shahrokh
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0134
Biophys J 63:1267-79. 1992....
- Improving results of pediatric renal transplantationR Shapiro
Pittsburgh Transplantation Institute, Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Health Science Center, PA
J Am Coll Surg 179:424-32. 1994..CONCLUSIONS: These results support the idea that renal transplantation is a successful therapy for end-stage renal disease in children. They also illustrate the potential benefits of a new immunosuppressive agent, FK506...
- Heart-lung transplantation for cystic fibrosis. 2: OutcomeB Whitehead
Cardiothoracic Unit, Hospital for Sick Children, London
Arch Dis Child 66:1022-6; discussion 1026. 1991..Pulmonary infection occurred relatively infrequently, with Pseudomonas aeruginosa being the most common pathogen. Persistent diabetes mellitus requiring insulin occurred in four and systemic hypertension developed in one...
- Three years clinical experience with intestinal transplantationK Abu-Elmagd
Pittsburgh Transplant Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA 15213
J Am Coll Surg 179:385-400. 1994..One possibility is to combine intestinal transplantation with contemporaneous autologous bone marrow transplantation...
- [Microalbuminuria in hypertensive, non-proteinuric renal transplant recipients: role of previous acute rejection episodes and sodium intake]J M Halimi
, , , 37044 Tours
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 94:933-6. 2001..The relationship between natriuresis and Malb suggests that sodium intake modulates target-organ damage associated with hypertension...
- Expression of human CD59 in transgenic pig organs enhances organ survival in an ex vivo xenogeneic perfusion modelT J Kroshus
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Transplantation 61:1513-21. 1996....
- Specificity of intertubular capillary changes: comparative ultrastructural studies in renal allografts and native kidneysC B Drachenberg
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
Ultrastruct Pathol 21:227-33. 1997..This association is particularly true for cases with severe ITC abnormalities...
- A survey of nine years heart transplantation at Erasme Hospital, University of BrusselsG Primo
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital Erasme, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 46:555-65. 1991..Current actuarial survival rate is 87% at one year, 76% at 5 years up to 9 years. Our experience confirms that HTx represents today and effective therapy for selected patients suffering end stage cardiac disease...
- Photopheresis: a new therapeutic conceptR L Edelson
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Yale J Biol Med 62:565-77. 1989..The specificity of the induced immunologic reaction probably results from the extremely disproportionate expansion of the pathogenic clone(s), relative to the several million other clones of normal T cells...
- Ultrastructural evidence of cell-mediated endothelial cell injury in cardiac transplant-related accelerated arteriosclerosisJ O Young Ramsaran
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 1145
Ultrastruct Pathol 17:125-36. 1993....
- Intraglomerular fibronectin and laminin turn-over in chronically rejected kidney allografts in humansL Paczek
Warsaw Medical School, Poland
Ann Transplant 1:41-3. 1996..The above phenomenon indicates that a very active metabolic process takes place in glomeruli during rejection...
- Breast cancer: a psychogenic disease?J E Hiller
Department of Community Medicine, University of Adelaide, Australia
Women Health 15:5-18. 1989..Hypotheses regarding the psychological etiology of breast cancer can be examined in the social context in which they evolve and tend to reflect views of women rather than truths derived from research data...
- [Nephro-angiosclerosis in the graft: impact on graft survival. Study of 33 cases]P Bernadet-Monrozies
, , CHU Rangueil, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:1153-7. 1995..In the context of early nephrosclerosis, the occurrence of acute rejection episode(s) is detrimental for the graft function...
- Assessment of health-related quality of life in kidney transplant patients receiving tacrolimus (FK506)-based versus cyclosporine-based immunosuppression. FK506 Kidney Transplant Study GroupC F Shield
Via Christi Regional Medical Center, St. Francis Campus, Wichita, Kansas 67214, USA
Transplantation 64:1738-43. 1997..05) by treatment, favoring tacrolimus, in the Bergner Physical Appearance scale, which was designed to measure the HQL impact of side effects such as gingival hyperplasia and facial hirsutism on physical appearance...
- Xenotransplantation of adult porcine islets in diabetic mice. A study of UVB irradiation, cryopreservation and immunosuppression on graft survival timeW J Tze
University of British Columbia, B.C. Research Institute for Children's and Women's Health, Vancouver, Canada
Horm Metab Res 30:509-13. 1998....
- [Coronary disease in patient following heart transplantation]C Benvenuti
Service de chirurgie cardiaque, ,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:213-8. 1991..The evolutive risk justifies retransplantation in selected patients, the results of which are less satisfactory but which reduces the risk of acute coronary events and sudden death.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- [Heart-lung transplantation. Experience of Papworth Hospital. Apropos of 24 surgical cases]P Despins
Clinique de chirurgie thoracique, Cardiaque et Vasculaire, CHU Nantes,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:453-60. 1988..In this series there was only one case of obliterative bronchiolitis (4 p. 100). This must be credited to the strategy used to detect rejection which seems to be the main factor of occurrence of this dangerous complication...
- Porcine platelet antigens recognized by human xenoreactive natural antibodiesJ L Platt
Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
Transplantation 57:327-35. 1994....
- Procalcitonin for differential diagnosis of graft rejection and infection in patients with heart and/or lung graftsS Hammer
Inst.Surg.Res, Inst.Clin.Chem, Dept.Cardio-Thoracic Surg, IBE, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig-Maximilians-University, D-81366 Munich, Germany
Intensive Care Med 26:S182-6. 2000..PCT thus facilitates and improves the outcome of survival rate and the quality of life in the postoperative period of patients with heart and/or lung grafts...
- [Heart and heart-lung transplantation. 3 years' experience in Timone CHU (Marseilles 1985-1988)]D Metras
, CHU Timone-Enfants, Marseille
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:209-15. 1990..78 per cent of the patients were alive one year after transplant. All survivors have recovered a normal life, some of them with full-time work.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- [Electrophysiological properties of the transplanted heart. Clinical applications]D Babuty
Service de cardiologie B, , Tours
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:1053-60. 1993..Of the non-invasive techniques under assessment, signal-averaged electrocardiography (temporal and/or frequency analysis) seems to be the most promising...
- Structure and function of macroencapsulated human and rodent pancreatic islets transplanted into nude miceA Andersson
Department of Medical Cell Biology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Horm Metab Res 28:306-9. 1996..There are, however, species differences suggesting that rodent islets are much more susceptible to the environmental stress inside the membranes than human islets...
- Progress in cancer gene therapyG Kouraklis
Athens University, School of Medical Sciences, Greece
Acta Oncol 38:675-83. 1999..Despite substantial progress, a number of key technical issues need to be resolved before gene therapy can be effectively applied in the clinic...
- [Prevalence of intra-auricular thrombi detected by transesophageal echocardiography in patients with cardiac transplants]G Derumeaux
Service de cardiologie, , Rouen
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:1459-65. 1994..It also underlines the value of transoesophageal echocardiography in the follow-up of transplant patients.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- [Evaluation by Doppler echocardiography of left ventricular diastolic function in acute graft rejection after heart transplantation]M Desruennes
Service de Chirurgie Thoracique et Cardiovasculaire, , Paris, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:193-8. 1988....
- [Pericardium and heart transplantation]R Loire
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:467-73. 1994....
- Inhibition of antiskin allograft immunity induced by infusions with photoinactivated effector T lymphocytes (PET cells)M I Perez
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Yale J Biol Med 62:595-609. 1989....
- Women's disclosure of HIV status: experiences of mistreatment and violence in an urban settingA C Gielen
Johns Hopkins University, School of Public Health, Department of Health Policy and Management, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Women Health 25:19-31. 1997....
- Ultraviolet light irradiation reduces human islet immunogenicity without altering islet functionP Y Benhamou
Diabetes Research Center, UCLA School of Medicine, USA
Horm Metab Res 27:113-20. 1995..Islets irradiated at 300 J/m2 and transplanted into athymic mice stained strongly for insulin and responded to high glucose challenge in in vivo perfusion performed at two weeks.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- [Demonstration of abnormalities of myocardial mitochondrial oxygenation in cardiac graft rejection]P Abastado
Service de cardiologie, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:855-9. 1991..The lower VO2m of the allograft group indicates a disturbance in the mitochondrial respiratory pathway during acute rejection.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Patients' preferences for risk disclosure and role in decision making for invasive medical proceduresD J Mazur
Medical Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Gen Intern Med 12:114-7. 1997..39; CI 1.40, 4.06) tended to prefer patient-based or shared decision making. CONCLUSIONS: Male veterans consistently preferred shared patient-physician decision making in the context of invasive medical interventions...
- Relationships between teenage smoking and attitudes toward women's rights, sex roles, marriage, sex and familyI Waldron
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6018
Women Health 16:23-46. 1990....
- The many faces of multivisceral transplantationT E Starzl
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213
Surg Gynecol Obstet 172:335-44. 1991....
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Recent developments and the potential expansion of the donor poolH G Prentice
Bone Marrow Transplant Programme, Royal Free Hospital and Medical School, Hampstead, England
Acta Oncol 27:567-70. 1988..Of further interest will be the potential for application of lymphokines (e.g. IL2) without increasing the risk of lethal graft versus host disease...
- [Risk factors of coronary graft disease following heart transplantation in children]J Le Bidois
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:587-91. 1994..They strongly suggest an important role of immunological factors. On the other hand, the authors' experience did not confirm the role of other potential risk factors...
- [Cardiac transplantation in the infant and young child. Preliminary results]J Le Bidois
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:609-15. 1988..Biopsy was never performed systematically in order to spare the patient's vein, and the diagnosis of rejection was suspected on clinical grounds.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- An ambulatory surgical procedure under local anesthesia for treatment of female urinary incontinenceU Ulmsten
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akademiska sjukhuset, Uppsala University, Sweden
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 7:81-5; discussion 85-6. 1996..Prospective long-term studies including more patients are in progress to establish the definitive place of this technique in the clinical routine...
- [Melanoma antigen-3 expression in human hepatocellular carcinoma]S Cai
Department of Surgery, People's Hospital, Beijing University, Beijing 100044, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 38:693-6. 2000..The phenomena that some non-HCC adjacent tissues with heteromorphism can express MAGE-3 like their paired HCC tissues indicate that the expression of MAGE-3 may be an indicator in the early stage of carcinogenesis of liver tissues...
- [Long-term follow-up of anatomic heart transplantation. Apropos of 60 patients with a mean follow-up of 36 months]E Tatou
Service de chirurgie cardiovasculaire, CHU de Dijon, , Dijon
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 91:837-41. 1998..It is better to perform anatomical cardiac transplantation because of its early postsurgical advantages. Long term care is the same as in standard cardiac transplantation...
- [Long-term hemodynamic function of the transplanted heart]E Tatou
Service de chirurgie cardiovasculaire, , Dijon
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 93:703-9. 2000..The transplanted heart adapts to the increase in cyclosporine-induced afterload by permanent myocardial hypertrophy, and increased diastolic pressure probably relates to diastolic dysfunction without noticeable intracardiac fibrosis...
- The interaction of immunosuppressive compounds in tandem stimulated peripheral human lymphocytesJ L Weaver
Division of Research and Testing, Food and Drug Administration, Washington, DC 20204
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 16:179-90. 1994..These results suggest that the order in which combinations of ISDs are administered in transplantation may have significant effects on the clinical outcome...
- Long-term immunoregulatory effects of therapy with corticosteroids and anti-thymocyte globulinD A Schatz
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 11:269-87. 1989....
- A multicenter study of tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) for surgical treatment of stress urinary incontinenceU Ulmsten
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Uppsala University Hospital, Sweden
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 9:210-3. 1998..Two uncomplicated hematomas and one uncomplicated bladder perforation occurred. Based on the results, we conclude that TVT is a safe and effective ambulatory procedure for surgical treatment of genuine stress urinary incontinence...
- Induction of immune rejection of tumors by protein A in mice bearing transplantable solid tissue Dalton's lymphoma tumorsP D Dwivedi
Immunobiology Division, Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, Lucknow, India
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 14:105-28. 1992..In the present communication, we have attempted to provide the information that these immune activations appear to be related to antitumor response induced by Protein A...
- [Myocardial mass index in the diagnosis of acute rejection of allogeneic heart transplants]F Laurent
Service de Chirurgie Thoracique et Cardiovasculaire, CHU Henri-Mondor,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:1531-7. 1990..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- [Evaluation of the rate of progression of chronic renal transplant rejection using the proliferating cell nuclear antigen ]Sanja Simic-Ogrizovic
Institute of Urology and Nephrology, Ward of Nephrology, Belgrade
Srp Arh Celok Lek 130:159-64. 2002....
- Staging of cardiac rejection by simultaneous administration of 123I-antimyosin and 111In-anti MHC class II antibodiesM Isobe
First Department of Internal Medicine, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Asahi, Matsumoto, Japan
Acta Cardiol 51:515-20. 1996..Thus, dual scintigraphy using anti-myosin and anti-MHC class II mAbs is potentially useful in staging of cardiac rejection...
- Clinical outcome and changes in connective tissue metabolism after intravaginal slingplasty in stress incontinent womenC Falconer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Danderyd Hospital, Sweden
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 7:133-7. 1996..The enhanced collagen extractability indicates a changed metabolism, most likely induced by the implanted sling, resulting in a restoration of the elastic properties of the connective tissue...
- [Lung diseases following organ transplantation]H Link
, Medizinische Hochschule, Hannover
Pneumologie 44:409-11. 1990..Obstructive bronchiolitis is probably caused by activated lymphocytes following bone marrow grafting, via the graft-versus-host reaction, and following heart-lung transplantation by the rejection reaction...
- Commissural neurons of the electrosensory lateral line lobe of Apteronotus leptorhynchus: morphological and physiological characteristicsJ Bastian
Department of Zoology, University of Oklahoma, Norman 73019
J Comp Physiol A 173:257-74. 1993....
- The Pittsburgh randomized trial of tacrolimus compared to cyclosporine for hepatic transplantationJ J Fung
Pittsburgh Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA, USA
J Am Coll Surg 183:117-25. 1996..8 percent of the patients receiving cyclosporine showing freedom from rejection at one year (p = 0.003, likelihood ratio test). Survival of patients over the course of the study was virtually the same in the two groups...
- Effects of major histocompatibility complex matching on graft survival in allogeneic rat limb transplantationN Iwasaki
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Hand Surg Am 26:540-5. 2001..The results suggest that MHC matching clearly improves survival of transplanted limbs. Specifically, both RT1-A and D matching is the most effective compatibility in prolonging survival time of allogeneic limb transplants in rats...
- [Echocardiographic Doppler study of left ventricular filling in the diagnosis of minimal or moderate rejection in cardiac transplantation]L Fauchier
Service de cardiologie B,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:1623-8. 1997..The half-pressure time may be a useful complement to endomyocardial biopsy or when biopsy investigations are performed less frequently...
- [Percutaneous coronary angioscopy in the diagnosis of cardiac graft coronary disease: comparison with the results of angiography]H Eltchaninoff
Service de cardiologie, , Rouen
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 91:405-10. 1998..Prospective studies are required to determine whether the infra-angiographic angioscopic lesions correspond to earlier stages of coronary disease of the cardiac graft...
- [Assisted circulation by external heterotopic prosthesis as a bridge to heart transplantation]J Ninet
Service de chirurgie thoracique et cardiaque C, BP Lyon-Montchat
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:1571-7. 1990..The Abiomen device is excellent value for money and relatively simple to install and represents a good compromise between the sophisticated techniques of circulatory assistance and the problems of the cost of health care...
- [Echocardiographic evaluation of the growth of cardiac graft in children with heart transplantation]S Di Filippo
Service de Cardiologie C, , BP Lyon-Monchat
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:593-9. 1994..The growth was faster in the infant patients.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Sling transection of urethra: a rare complicationH J Cholhan
University of Rochester, New York, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 7:331-4. 1996..To minimize the development of this complication we recommend plication of paraurethral connective tissue in the midline beneath the sling graft, and placement of minimal tension on the sling...
- [Blood flow in the isovolumetric relaxation phase in heart transplant patients. Its use in the noninvasive diagnosis of acute rejection]G Derumeaux
Service de cardiologie, , CHU de Rouen
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 91:731-8. 1998..The absence of this signal is a sensitive indicator of severe rejection (86%) but less so for moderate (58%) or mild rejection (42%)...
- Preliminary findings in corneal allograft rejection in patients with keratoconusSylvia Hargrave
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 135:452-60. 2003..In this study we sought to determine if there was any evidence for this form of corneal allograft rejection in humans...
- The relationship between adenosine triphosphate within CD4(+) T lymphocytes and acute rejection after liver transplantationJia Yong Dong
Department of Organ Transplantation, Changzheng Hospital, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Clin Transplant 25:E292-6. 2011..There have been increasing interests in the relationship between CD4(+) T lymphocytes and acute rejection (AR) in transplantation. In this study, we explore the role of CD4(+) T lymphocytes after liver transplantation...
- Expression of chemokines and chemokine receptors during human renal transplant rejectionS Segerer
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 37:518-31. 2001..The upregulation of the CXCR3 ligand IP-10, as well as CCR5 and its ligands, in the absence of CCR3 and CCR8 is indicative that renal allograft rejection is primarily the result of a Th1-type immune response...
- Anti-interleukin-2 receptor antibodies for the prevention of rejection in pediatric renal transplant patients: current statusAgnieszka Swiatecka-Urban
Department of Physiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Paediatr Drugs 5:699-716. 2003..This administration regimen maintains basiliximab levels necessary to completely saturate the IL-2Ralpha (>0.2 microg/mL) in children for at least 3 weeks...
- Efficacy and safety of tacrolimus compared with cyclosporin A microemulsion in renal transplantation: 2 year follow-up resultsBernhard K Krämer
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin II Nephrologie, Klinikum der Universitat Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:968-73. 2005....
- Acute humoral rejection in kidney transplantation: II. Morphology, immunopathology, and pathologic classificationShamila Mauiyyedi
Pathology Service, Immunopathology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:779-87. 2002..Because AHR has a distinct therapy and prognosis, we propose that it should be classified separately from ACR, with further sub-classification into AHR 1 (neutrophilic capillary involvement) and AHR 2 (arterial fibrinoid necrosis)...
- Effects of cannabinoids on lithium-induced conditioned rejection reactions in a rat model of nauseaLinda A Parker
Department of Psychology, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3C5
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 166:156-62. 2003..5 mg/kg, i.p.), and HU-210 (0.001 mg/kg and 0.01 mg/kg, i.p.), and the CB(1) antagonist SR-141716A in modulating the establishment and the expression of lithium-induced conditioned rejection reactions in rats...
- [Effects of IL-1 receptor antagonist on the level of cytokine in the rat corneal grafts and aqueous humor after corneal transplantation]Wen Hua Zhang
Beijing Institute of Ophthalmology, Beijing Tongren Ophthalmic Center, Capital University of Medical Science, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 39:587-91. 2003....
- Factors predicting long-term graft survival after kidney transplantation: multicenter study in JapanKiyokazu Akioka
Department of Transplantation and Endocrine Surgery, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, 465 Kajii cho, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
World J Surg 29:249-56. 2005..Especially the onset time, number of rejections, and efficacy of treatment for acute rejection would have a significant influence on long-term graft survival...
- Cytological monitoring of peripheral blood, bronchoalveolar lavage fluid, and transbronchial biopsy specimens during acute rejection and cytomegalovirus infection in lung and heart--lung allograft recipientsJ Tikkanen
Cardiopulmonary Research Group of Transplantation, Laboratory, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Clin Transplant 15:77-88. 2001..We sought to investigate whether acute rejection and CMV infection demonstrated as CMV antigenemia had an effect on the cell profiles of peripheral blood (PB), bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BAL-F), or TBB histology...
- Up-regulated intragraft gene expression, ICAM-1 and IL-2R molecules, and apoptotic epithelial cells during rejection of rat small intestine allograftsY Li
Research Institute of General Surgery, Nanjing Military Area General Hospital of PLA, Nanjing 210002, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:1089-94. 2001....
- Improved efficacy of basiliximab over antilymphocyte globulin induction therapy in paediatric renal transplantationGodfrey Clark
Department of Paediatric Nephrology, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 17:1304-9. 2002..Reported clinical experience of basiliximab in paediatric renal transplantation is limited...
- The dynamic changes of T-bet(+)/GATA-3(+) and RORgammat(+)/FOXP3(+) cells in recipient spleens and grafts after rat orthotopic liver transplantationMin Xu
Xiaoshan People Hospital, Hangzhou 311201, China
Transpl Immunol 22:165-71. 2010..Here, we established a rejection model to observe the reciprocal interaction of CD4(+) T-cell subsets in the complex networks of the immune system...
- Risk factors for corneal graft failure and rejection in penetrating keratoplastyK Inoue
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 79:251-5. 2001..To evaluate risk factors for graft failure and allograft rejection after penetrating keratoplasty (PK)...
- The effect of chronic allograft rejection on plasma regulators of fibrinolysisA Perkowska
Transplantation Institute, Warsaw Medical University, Warsaw, Poland
Ann Transplant 7:44-51. 2002..In renal allograft recipients ACE inhibitors seem to reduce uPA plasma activity...
- Tacrolimus: a further update of its use in the management of organ transplantationLesley J Scott
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 63:1247-97. 2003..Renal function, as assessed by serum creatinine levels and glomerular filtration rates, was better in tacrolimus than cyclosporin recipients at up to 5 years' follow-up...
- Mechanisms of solute rejection in solvent resistant nanofiltration: the effect of solvent on solute rejectionSiavash Darvishmanesh
Department of Chemical Engineering, Laboratory for Applied Physical Chemistry and Environmental Technology, K U Leuven, W de Croylaan 46, B 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:13333-42. 2010..Finally, it was found that in a system comprising the solvent, solute and membrane, interactions between solvent and membrane have much more effect on separation than solvent-solute interactions...
- Bronchoalveolar lavage fluid characteristics in acute and chronic lung transplant rejectionDirk Jan Slebos
Department of Pulmonary Diseases and Lung Transplantation, University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Heart Lung Transplant 23:532-40. 2004..The detection of graft rejection by bronchoalveolar lavage remains controversial...
- Yield of surveillance bronchoscopy for acute rejection and lymphocytic bronchitis/bronchiolitis after lung transplantationMurali M Chakinala
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 23:1396-404. 2004....
- Effect of switching from cyclosporine to tacrolimus on exhaled nitric oxide and pulmonary function in patients with chronic rejection after lung transplantationGeert M Verleden
Department of Respiratory Diseases, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
J Heart Lung Transplant 22:908-13. 2003..We report the concomitant stabilization of FEV(1) and decrease in eNO after changing from CyA to FK therapy in patients with chronic rejection after lung transplantation...
- Biologics in the treatment of transplant rejection and ischemia/reperfusion injury: new applications for TNFalpha inhibitors?Andreas Pascher
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
BioDrugs 19:211-31. 2005..Randomized controlled trials in patients undergoing solid-organ transplantation are needed to further elucidate the clinical value of TNFalpha inhibition...
- Phase I trial of a humanized, Fc receptor nonbinding OKT3 antibody, huOKT3gamma1(Ala-Ala) in the treatment of acute renal allograft rejectionE S Woodle
Department of Surgery, Committee on Immunology, Ben May Institute for Cancer Research, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Transplantation 68:608-16. 1999..This report describes the results of a phase I trial of huOKT3gamma1(Ala-Ala) treatment of acute renal allograft rejection...
- Rabbit antithymocyte globulin (thymoglobulin): a review of its use in the prevention and treatment of acute renal allograft rejectionEmma D Deeks
Wolters Kluwer Health, Adis, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 69:1483-512. 2009..In the meantime, available clinical data suggest that rATG is an effective and generally well tolerated option for the prevention and treatment of acute renal graft rejection in renal transplant recipients...
- Histologic grading of acute allograft rejection in pancreas needle biopsy: correlation to serum enzymes, glycemia, and response to immunosuppressive treatmentJ C Papadimitriou
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore 21201, USA
Transplantation 66:1741-5. 1998..The correlation between clinical evidence of graft dysfunction (increased serum enzymes and glucose), severity of acute rejection on biopsy (rejection grade), and response to treatment has not been previously studied...
- Combined transplantation of small and large bowel. FK506 versus cyclosporine A in a porcine modelJ Pirenne
Department of Surgery and the School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Transplantation 61:1685-94. 1996..4) TBTx causes endotoxemia. As with solitary SBTx, FK506 is superior to CsA after TBTx. However, longterm survival is difficult to achieve on FK506 recipients because of the development of GVHD and infection...
- Elevated serum concentrations of cardiac troponin T in acute allograft rejection after human heart transplantationT J Dengler
Department of Cardiology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 32:405-12. 1998..This study evaluates the concept and diagnostic efficacy of using serum troponin T for the detection of cardiac graft rejection...
- Calcineurin inhibitor-free immunosuppression in pediatric renal transplantation: a viable option?Britta Höcker
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, University Children s Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Paediatr Drugs 13:49-69. 2011....
- Mast cells in acute and chronic rejection of rat cardiac allografts--a major source of basic fibroblast growth factorP K Koskinen
Cardiopulmonary Research Group of the Transplantation Laboratory, University of Helsinki Central Hospital, P O Box 21 Haartmaninkatu 3, FIN 00014, Helsinki, Finland
Transplantation 71:1741-7. 2001..The purpose of this study was to investigate the role of mast cells in the development of acute and chronic rejection in rat cardiac allografts...
- Interleukin-10 production genotype protects against acute persistent rejection after lung transplantationHong Xia Zheng
Pharmacy and Therapeutics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 23:541-6. 2004..The objective of this study was to determine whether cytokine genotypes TNF-alpha, IL-10, IL-6, interferon-gamma, and transforming growth factor beta were associated with acute persistent rejection after lung transplantation...
- Adoptive transfusion of ex vivo donor alloantigen-stimulated CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells ameliorates rejection of DA-to-Lewis rat liver transplantationLi Yong Pu
Liver Transplantation Center, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Surgery 142:67-73. 2007..In this study, we examined the therapeutic potential of CD4(+)CD25(+) Treg cells in a naive rejection model of rat liver transplantation...
- OKT3 escalating dose regimens provide effective therapy for renal allograft rejectionE S Woodle
Department of Surgery, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Clin Transplant 10:389-95. 1996....
- The histology of subcutaneously implanted donor bronchial rings correlates with rejection scores of lung allografts in a primate lung transplant modelB Hausen
Transplantation Immunology, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California 94305 5407, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 18:714-24. 1999....
- The value of electron microscopy in the diagnosis of chronic renal allograft rejectionB Ivanyi
Department of Pathology, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Mod Pathol 14:1200-8. 2001..Because light microscopy per se proved to be insensitive in the diagnosis of chronic rejection, incorporation of EM into the evaluation of late dysfunction biopsies is strongly recommended...
- Histocompatibility testing predicts acute rejection risk in early corticosteroid withdrawal regimensE S Woodle
Division of Transplantation, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45249, USA
Transplant Proc 37:809-11. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the ability of histocompatibility testing to identify patients at high risk for acute rejection after early CSWD...
- Does perioperative use of aprotinin reduce the rejection rate in heart transplant recipients?Jeffrey H Shuhaiber
Transplant Unit, Papworth Hospital, Papworth Everard, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 33:849-55. 2008..We investigated if perioperative use of antifibrinolytics such as aprotinin and tranexamic acid can decrease the rate of rejection after heart transplant and their effect on transfusion...
- Removal of toxic ions (chromate, arsenate, and perchlorate) using reverse osmosis, nanofiltration, and ultrafiltration membranesJaekyung Yoon
Korea Institute of Energy Research, Jang Dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon, South Korea
Chemosphere 77:228-35. 2009..4 for the LFC-1 membrane, while for di-valent ions (CrO(4)(2-), SO(4)(2-), and HAsSO(4)(2-)) the rejection (38-56%) is fairly proportional to the r(i,s)/r(p) ratio (0.32-0.62) for the ESNA membrane...
- Does tacrolimus offer virtual freedom from chronic rejection after primary liver transplantation? Risk and prognostic factors in 1,048 liver transplantations with a mean follow-up of 6 yearsA Jain
Departments of Surgery, Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Liver Transpl 7:623-30. 2001..05) was the only factor found to be significant between patients who had graft loss versus those who recovered...
- Synergistic effects of Isatis tinctoria L. and tacrolimus in the prevention of acute heart rejection in miceYongzhi Wang
Organ Transplantation Institute, Xiamen University, Fujian Province, PR China
Transpl Immunol 22:5-11. 2009..The mechanism of action is postulated to involve the inhibition of IL-2 and IFN-gamma expressions by lymphocytes, rather than the activation of Tr1 cells via the production of IL-10...
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Also, there will be a measurement of pressure in the eye and thickness of the cornea. To study patients'DNA, the researchers will obtain a bloo..
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..Also, there will be a measurement of pressure in the eye and thickness of the cornea. To study patients'DNA, the researchers will obtain a bloo..
- Mice Humanized with Hepatocytes and iPS Cells from Patients with Metabolic DiseasStephen C Strom; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose these humanized mice will be a technology platform to better understand the human disease and it will aid in the development of gene or cellular therapy to correct these devastating diseases. ..
- MERVYN N WEITZMANN; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Non-viral Genetic Modification of Antigen-presenting Cells in AllograftsWilson S Meng; Fiscal Year: 2011..Successful completion of the study will lead to improved health outcome of a significant number of patients by decreasing the need for indefinite use of non-specific immunosuppressants in transplant recipients. ..
- Norma S Kenyon; Fiscal Year: 2015..Furthermore, MSC administration may constitute a safe and effective way to reverse rejection episodes. ..
- Biology and Pathologies of Type V CollagenDaniel S Greenspan; Fiscal Year: 2013..If such studies are borne out, the ramifications are huge, with profound implications for understanding, evaluating and treating atherosclerotic disease - the number one killer of adult human beings in the western hemisphere. ..
- Thalachallour Mohanakumar; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF THE ENDOTHELIUMFrancis W Luscinskas; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., heart attacks and strokes), as well as other organs and tissues of the body. These mechanistic insights may help identify novel therapeutic targets for the treatment of a broad spectrum of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Ibis T-6,000 Biosensor SystemCYNTHIA SEARS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Defining which microbes and how they contribute to these diseases will lead to new approaches to diagnosis, prevention and therapy and make a major contribution to improved public health. ..
- Jakub Tolar; Fiscal Year: 2016..If the studies outlined in this application are successful, these pre-clinical data will pave the way for approval of iPSC-based clinical trials for not only other forms of EB, but also other inherited skin disorders. ..
- Use of umbilical cord as a unique stem cell source for tissue regenerationXiao Dong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Elizabeth R Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2016..We are uniquely positioned to test novel therapeutic interventions to improve IR lung injury with prognostic and mechanistic information in hand. ..
- Namita Roy-Chowdhury; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Implantation of physiologically functional bioengineered innervated IAS constructKhalil N Bitar; Fiscal Year: 2010..This has potential to provide enhanced quality of life to persons with fecal incontinence. Furthermore it would have positive implication for people suffering from urinary incontinence. ..
- TIMOTHY TUN HLA; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies are expected to derive critical insights into the workings of S1P receptors, which are important drug targets to control the vascular and immune systems. ..
- Matthew B Grisham; Fiscal Year: 2015..abstract_text> ..
- Role of TLR-4 in Lung Reperfusion InjuryMICHAEL SCOTT MULLIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, understanding the significance of the presence of bacteria in lungs being considered for donation may have serious implications on donor organ utilization. ..
- David C Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our studies will provide a better picture of how HCMV gains entry into biologically relevant epithelial and endothelial cells to facilitate the design of better anti-HCMV drugs and vaccines. ..
- James F George; Fiscal Year: 2016..The results of these studies will also be applicable to other disease settings such as atherosclerosis, sepsis and transplant rejection wherein heme oxygenase-1 plays an important protective role. ..
- Trophoblast MHC-I: Trigger for Immune-Mediated Rejection of Cloned Bovine FetusesKenneth L White; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Adam Lin; Fiscal Year: 2014..This design would dramatically lower the cost of immunotherapy compared cellular vaccines. They are easily synthesized, versatile and can potentially target later stage cancers by using inducing anti-tumor immunity over the whole body. ..
- Sally S Twining; Fiscal Year: 2014..The results will guide the generation and initial testing of maspin mutants and peptides as potential modalities for the treatment of neovascular diseases. ..
- TNF-alpha Signaling in Silica-Induced Lung FibrosisLuis A Ortiz; Fiscal Year: 2012..34 and 2.4 years for survival and graft rejection respectively). Consequently, these data indicate that silicosis still is a serious and frequently lethal lung disease for which no successful treatment is available. ..
- Lina Lu; Fiscal Year: 2014..Understanding of the underlying mechanisms will develop novel strategies for substantial improvement of cell transplant outcomes. ..
- Growth Factor and Antiapoptotic Gene Delivery to Human IsletsRam I Mahato; Fiscal Year: 2012..This will decrease the number of islets required to achieve normoglycemia in type I diabetic patients. ..
- Michael D Cahalan; Fiscal Year: 2016..Overall, our project will provide fundamental insights into the Orai1 proteins that are currently being targeted for treatment of autoimmune disorders and chronic inflammatory conditions. ..
- Transplantation tolerance and immune function following mTOR inhibition.Jonathan D Powell; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is hoped that the results of this study will allow safer application of this curative therapy to a greater number of patients and aid in improving tolerogenic therapy for autoimmunity and solid organ transplantation as well. ..
- Souheil El-Chemaly; Fiscal Year: 2014..In addition, it will pave the way for the development of novel strategies to tret acute rejection in lung transplant recipients. ..
- Depot calcineurin inhibitors to prevent graft rejectionThomas J Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Phase 2 we propose to optimize the parameters of the delivery system, manufacture it according to FDA standards, and confirm its delivery profile and safety in further animal studies. ..
- Reza Dana; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Herpesvirus protein kinases: Substrate recognition and pathway targeting.S Diane Hayward; Fiscal Year: 2013..Selected targets will be validated and the effect of their knockdown on virus replication determined. These experiments will uncover additional cell proteins or networks that could be targets for anti-viral therapeutic strategies. ..
- Generation of Human iPS Cells via Non-integrating VectorsWen Shu Wu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, this is an alternative to the use of human embryonic stem cells for regenerative medicine applications. ..
- MOLECULAR MODELS OF IMMUNE-MEDIATED VASCULAR INJURYJeffrey R Bender; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- The Role of Complement in Airway Microvascular DiseaseMARK ROBERT NICOLLS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preventing airway ischemia through knowledge gained about complement activity and regulation in rejection may promote useful and potentially life-saving therapies for lung transplant recipients. ..
- Modeling oxidative stress and DNA damage using GI organotypic culture systemsJohn P Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2013..It will also foster the development of novel therapeutic and preventive strategies that will improve patient care for these important clinical conditions. ..
- Susan M E Smith; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will alter hHV1 function in ways that future drugs might, and we will evaluate effects on both individual cells and the physiological system. ..
- Kelly A Birdwell; Fiscal Year: 2015..This will allow me to compete effectively for future NIH support and propel me to an independent career in patient-oriented research. ..
- Ulf Beier; Fiscal Year: 2015..Furthermore, it is important to learn more about the role of Sirtuin-1 in the immune system, as many investigators pursue Sirtuin-1 enhancement (diabetes mellitus, metabolic syndrome), or Sirtuin-1 suppression (certain cancers). ..
- J Edwin Blalock; Fiscal Year: 2016..If successful, the current proposal will yield fundamental insights into the disease process and a new and specific biomarker for COPD as well as suggesting new therapeutic targets. ..
- Regulation of HBV Replication by the Immune SystemLuca G Guidotti; Fiscal Year: 2012..models to elucidate the pathogenesis of HBV infection with the ultimate hope that this knowledge will lead to the development of new therapeutic strategies to terminate persistent infection and its attendant costs and complications ..
- L-arginine supplement for the prevention of calcineurin inhibitor nephrotoxicityW Ray Kim; Fiscal Year: 2011..Once established, there is no effective treatment. This research investigates whether L- arginine can reverse the effects of calcineurin inhibitors on the kidneys and thus prevent renal insufficiency in liver transplant recipients. ..
- Development of Human, Autologous, Pluripotent Very Small Embryonic Like (VSELs) sDENIS OVEREND RODGERSON; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Irving L Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2016..Allelic polymorphism of mouse and human genes, with homology to genes that alter stem cell competition potential in Botryllus will be analyzed;if found, we will determine whether these are related to transplantation outcomes. ..
- Endothelial microparticles in patients with kidney transplantsSergey Brodsky; Fiscal Year: 2012..Conclusions: This R21 is the essential step to advance the study of EMP as the novel marker of rejection in renal transplant patients. ..
- ACTIVATION OF XENOGENEIC ENDOTHELIUM TO RESIST INJURYAgustin P Dalmasso; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will also provide knowledge for new treatments for vascular diseases, including ischemia and atherosclerosis. ..
- Gad Shaulsky; Fiscal Year: 2015..We found that the tgrB1 and tgrC1 are enriched in prestalk cells so we propose to use conditional expression and chimeric aggregates to test the possible role of these genes in cell-type differentiation and tissue segregation. ..
- Herman S Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2014..Specific Aim 3: To evaluate the in vivo engraftment potential of the pluripotent human PDLSC. ..
- Structure and function analysis of C1/C1q and MBL using a novel peptide inhibitorNEEL KUMAR KRISHNA; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- GRAFT REJECTION AND DIRECT VERSUS INDIRECT RECOGNITIONPETER SCOTT HEEGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, the delineated mechanisms could have broad reaching implications for understanding adaptive immunity, including anti-pathogen immunity and autoimmunity. ..
- Repair of Bone Defects with Human Autologous Pluripotent Very Small Embryonic likRussell S Taichman; Fiscal Year: 2013..It successful, these studies will provide the basis for the rapid clinical development of VSELs for craniofacial osseous regeneration and treatment of a number of other skeletal based disorders. ..
- Transplant Associated Infection Surveillance Network Phase IIPETER GEORGE PAPPAS; Fiscal Year: 2012..This consortium is very well positioned to accomplish the goals set forth in this announcement. ..
- Functional Analysis of PAAN-AG5, the Baboon Counterpart of HLA-G5Daudi K Langat; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal is aimed at assessing the feasibility of using the olive baboon as a model for HLA-G in vivo experiments. ..
- Stacey L Halum; Fiscal Year: 2014..The model is also hypothesis-generating in nature, and will serve as a basis for future independent proposals, as is consistent with career development nature of the award. ..
- Amandeep Bajwa; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- HEMOPROTEIN OXIDATION AND HEME CATABOLISMPaul R Ortiz de Montellano; Fiscal Year: 2013..4. Define the interactions of HO-1 and HO-2 with naturally occurring polymorphic cytochrome P450 reductase (CPR) variants associated with human disease. ..
- Robert L Fairchild; Fiscal Year: 2016..This project will utilize a novel mouse model to investigate graft-reactive antibody induced mechanisms that mediate the acute or chronic kidney graft injury that causes the loss of kidney transplants ..
- Immunosuppression by Adult Stem CellsYufang Shi; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is likely that the very first clinical application of stem cell research will be the use of mesenchymal stem cells to treat immune disorders. Therefore, the proposed studies are expected to have enormous relevance to human health. ..
- Histone proline isomerization and gene regulationNobuaki Kikyo; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, the results will facilitate the progress of nuclear reprogramming and regenerative medicine, especially creation of patients-derived rejection-free tissues for the purpose of transplantation. ..
- Randy Patrick Auerbach; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Noorjahan Panjwani; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Thangamani Muthukumar; Fiscal Year: 2015..Study specimens (allograft biopsies, urine and blood) will be from kidney transplant recipients enrolled in two-NIH-sponsored studies;R37 AI051652 and U01 AI08446. ..
- Signaling in Thymocyte SelectionGerald R Crabtree; Fiscal Year: 2010..O -'' :6O a"0-5)'' Q.. C^' ::9 4-- >,O E-- o-0 >-O c(6 fl.. 0)0-0_0 .- ((D 1/. o0' :t- can --0 a)- 4)a) 0-Q iii= L"- -P) .-.. (II o( 'nom 0-a ..
- Role of epithelial HLA-G in lung transplantationSteven R White; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Genome Transplant Dynamics: non-invasive sequencing-based diagnosis of rejectionHANNAH AUGUSTA contact VALANTINE; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Bronchoalveolar Lavage Cell Biomarkers in Lung RejectionMarshall I Hertz; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the proposed studies, we will study gene expression in lung cells in order to develop new ways of identifying lung rejection before it results in irreversible damage to the transplanted lungs. ..
- Xenograft-like rejection of tumors in a-gal glycolipidsURI GALILI GALILI; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will study this treatment in a unique mouse model that simulates the pertinent human immunological parameters. Success in the studies in the mouse model will enable us to apply this treatment to cancer patients. ..
- Immunopathogenesis of Chronic Allograft RejectionMOHAMED SAYEGH; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Innovative Methods for Immune Tolerance in Lung Transpl*David Wilkes; Fiscal Year: 2003..MMP expression and activity will be examined in the transplanted lungs of naive and tolerant allograft recipients. Addtionally, systemic and local production of col(V) peptide during allograft rejection ..
- Role of Host Dendritic Cells in Heart Transplant VasculopathyZhiliang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe the data from the proposal will lead to better understanding of the pathogenesis and therapy of graft chronic rejection. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- B Cell Tolerance Following Allograft TransplantationAnita Chong; Fiscal Year: 2005..These insights could lead to new therapeutic strategies for inducing allograft tolerance and novel assays for the diagnosis of B cell tolerance in the clinic. ..
- Movement of Recipient T-Cells Away From an AllograftMark Poznansky; Fiscal Year: 2003....