Genomes and Genes
Summary: A subfamily of PARAMYXOVIRIDAE. Genera include RUBULAVIRUS; RESPIROVIRUS; MORBILLIVIRUS; HENIPAVIRUS; and AVULAVIRUS.
Publications173 found, 100 shown here
- Sites of phosphorylation of P and V proteins from Hendra and Nipah viruses: newly emerged members of ParamyxoviridaeBrian J Shiell
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, Protein Biochemistry and Proteomics Group, PO Bag 24, Geelong, Victoria 3220, Australia
Virus Res 92:55-65. 2003..HeV V protein was found to contain phosphoserine but not phosphothreonine. In addition, P proteins from both viruses were found to be modified by N-terminal acetylation...
- Nipah virus: a recently emergent deadly paramyxovirusK B Chua
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Malaya Medical Center, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Science 288:1432-5. 2000..Like Hendra virus, Nipah virus is unusual among the paramyxoviruses in its ability to infect and cause potentially fatal disease in a number of host species, including humans...
- Sensitive and broadly reactive reverse transcription-PCR assays to detect novel paramyxovirusesSuxiang Tong
Division of Viral Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Clin Microbiol 46:2652-8. 2008..Primers were designed from the conserved motifs of the polymerase pol gene sequences to detect members of the Paramyxovirinae or Pneumovirinae subfamily or groups of genera within the Paramyxovirinae subfamily...
- Isolation of Nipah virus from Malaysian Island flying-foxesKaw Bing Chua
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Lumpur, Kuala, Malaysia
Microbes Infect 4:145-51. 2002..The isolation of Nipah virus from the Island flying-fox corroborates the serological evidence that it is one of the natural hosts of the virus...
- Viral entry mechanisms: the increasing diversity of paramyxovirus entryEverett C Smith
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0509, USA
FEBS J 276:7217-27. 2009....
- Structure of the uncleaved ectodomain of the paramyxovirus (hPIV3) fusion proteinHsien Sheng Yin
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208 3500, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:9288-93. 2005..The transmembrane anchor domains of F may therefore profoundly influence the folding energetics that establish and maintain a metastable, prefusion state...
- The paramyxovirus fusion protein C-terminal region: mutagenesis indicates an indivisible protein unitAarohi Zokarkar
Department of Molecular Biosciences, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA
J Virol 86:2600-9. 2012..Alanine scanning mutagenesis of MPER indicates that it has a regulatory role in fusion since both hyperfusogenic and hypofusogenic mutations were found...
- Role of sialic acid-containing molecules in paramyxovirus entry into the host cell: a minireviewEnrique Villar
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Edificio Departamental, Universidad de Salamanca, Plaza Doctores de la Reina s n, Lab 108, Salamanca 37007, Spain
Glycoconj J 23:5-17. 2006..In spite of all these data, the exact nature of paramyxovirus receptors, apart from their sialylated nature, and the mechanism(s) of viral attachment to the cell surface are poorly understood...
- Bimolecular complementation of paramyxovirus fusion and hemagglutinin-neuraminidase proteins enhances fusion: implications for the mechanism of fusion triggeringSarah A Connolly
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
J Virol 83:10857-68. 2009..In support of a provocateur model of F activation, we demonstrate by analysis of the morphology of soluble F trimers that the hyperfusogenic mutation S443P has a destabilizing effect on F...
- Function of the small hydrophobic protein of J paramyxovirusZhuo Li
Department of Infectious Diseases, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, 501 D W Brooks Drive, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Virol 85:32-42. 2011..Furthermore, infection of mice with rJPVΔSH induced more TNF-α expression, indicating that SH plays a role in blocking TNF-α expression in vivo...
- Transmembrane orientation and possible role of the fusogenic peptide from parainfluenza virus 5 (PIV5) in promoting fusionJason E Donald
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:3958-63. 2011....
- Functional analysis of the transmembrane domain in paramyxovirus F protein-mediated membrane fusionMei Lin Z Bissonnette
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208 3500, USA
J Mol Biol 386:14-36. 2009..We suggest that the unusual length of this TM helix might allow it to serve as a template for formation of or specifically stabilize the lipid stalk intermediate in fusion...
- Structural and mechanistic studies of measles virus illuminate paramyxovirus entryRichard K Plemper
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 7:e1002058. 2011..Here, we review these advances in our molecular understanding of MeV entry in the context of diverse entry strategies employed by other members of the paramyxovirus family...
- Analysis of the pH requirement for membrane fusion of different isolates of the paramyxovirus parainfluenza virus 5Mei Lin Z Bissonnette
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, 2205 Tech Drive, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3500, USA
J Virol 80:3071-7. 2006..The challenge of discovering how the paramyxovirus receptor binding protein (HN, H, or G) activates the metastable fusion protein to cause membrane fusion at neutral pH remains...
- Conserved glycine residues in the fusion peptide of the paramyxovirus fusion protein regulate activation of the native stateCharles J Russell
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Northwestern University, 2205 Tech Dr, Evanston, IL 60208 3500, USA
J Virol 78:13727-42. 2004..Glycine residues in the FPs of other class I vFGPs may also regulate fusion activation...
- Menangle virus, a pteropid bat paramyxovirus infectious for pigs and humans, exhibits tropism for secondary lymphoid organs and intestinal epithelium in weaned pigsTimothy R Bowden
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, Private Bag 24, Geelong, Victoria 3220, Australia
J Gen Virol 93:1007-16. 2012..These data provide new insights into the pathogenesis of MenPV in weaned pigs, and will facilitate future control and eradication programmes should it ever re-emerge in the pig population...
- Nipah virus infection in bats (order Chiroptera) in peninsular MalaysiaJ M Yob
Veterinary Research Institute, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Emerg Infect Dis 7:439-41. 2001..We collected 324 bats from 14 species on peninsular Malaysia. Neutralizing antibodies to Nipah virus were demonstrated in five species, suggesting widespread infection in bat populations in peninsular Malaysia...
- The exceptionally large genome of Hendra virus: support for creation of a new genus within the family ParamyxoviridaeL F Wang
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, Geelong, Victoria 3220, Australia
J Virol 74:9972-9. 2000..The large genome of HeV also fills a gap in the spectrum of genome sizes observed with NNS RNA virus genomes. As such, it provides a further piece in the puzzle of NNS RNA virus evolution...
- Molecular determinants of antiviral potency of paramyxovirus entry inhibitorsM Porotto
Department of Pediatrics, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, 505 E 71st St, S 600, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Virol 81:10567-74. 2007....
- Spring-loaded heptad repeat residues regulate the expression and activation of paramyxovirus fusion proteinLaura E Luque
Department of Infectious Diseases, MS 320, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
J Virol 81:3130-41. 2007..Overall, the data support the hypothesis that regions in the F protein that undergo dramatic changes in secondary and tertiary structure between the prefusion and hairpin conformations regulate F protein expression and activation...
- A novel approach for collecting samples from fruit bats for isolation of infectious agentsKaw Bing Chua
International Medical University, Sesama Centre, Plaza Komanwel, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Microbes Infect 5:487-90. 2003..This novel approach resulted in the isolation of several other known and unidentified infectious agents besides Nipah virus...
- Treatment of acute Nipah encephalitis with ribavirinH T Chong
Department of Medicine, University of Malaya Medical Centre, Lembah Pantai, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Ann Neurol 49:810-3. 2001..This represents a 36% reduction in mortality (p = 0.011). There was no associated serious side effect. This study suggests that ribavirin is able to reduce the mortality of acute Nipah encephalitis...
- Nipah virus infection: pathology and pathogenesis of an emerging paramyxoviral zoonosisKum Thong Wong
University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Am J Pathol 161:2153-67. 2002..Infection of endothelial cells and neurons as well as vasculitis and thrombosis seem to be critical to the pathogenesis of this new human disease...
- Outbreak of Nipah-virus infection among abattoir workers in SingaporeN I Paton
Department of Infectious Diseases, Communicable Disease Centre, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
Lancet 354:1253-6. 1999..In March 1999, an outbreak of encephalitis and pneumonia occurred in workers at an abattoir in Singapore. We describe the clinical presentation and the results of investigations in these patients...
- Molecular characterization of Nipah virus, a newly emergent paramyxovirusB H Harcourt
Respiratory and Enteric Viruses Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Virology 271:334-49. 2000..Phylogenetic analysis demonstrated that although HV and NV are closely related, they are clearly distinct from any of the established genera within the Paramyxoviridae and should be considered a new genus...
- Structural disorder and modular organization in Paramyxovirinae N and PDavid Karlin
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolecules Biologiques, UMR 6098 CNRS et Université Aix Marseille I et II, ESIL, Campus de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
J Gen Virol 84:3239-52. 2003The existence and extent of disorder within the replicative complex (N, P and the polymerase, L) of Paramyxovirinae were investigated, drawing on the discovery that the N-terminal moiety of the phosphoprotein (P) and the C-terminal ..
- Molecular biology of Hendra and Nipah virusesL Wang
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, Private Bag 24, 5 Portarlington Road, Geelong, Victoria 3220, Australia
Microbes Infect 3:279-87. 2001The structure and genetic organization of Hendra and Nipah viruses places them in the subfamily Paramyxovirinae. However, low homology with other subfamily members and several novel biological and molecular features such as genome length ..
- Antibodies to Nipah-like virus in bats (Pteropus lylei), CambodiaJames G Olson
United States Naval Medical Research Unit Number 2, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Emerg Infect Dis 8:987-8. 2002..5%) of 96 Lyle's flying foxes (Pteropus lylei). Our study suggests that viruses closely related to Nipah or Hendra viruses are more widespread in Southeast Asia than previously documented...
- Beilong virus, a novel paramyxovirus with the largest genome of non-segmented negative-stranded RNA virusesZhuo Li
Renal Division and Institute of Nephrology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, China
Virology 346:219-28. 2006....
- Kinetic dependence of paramyxovirus entry inhibitionMatteo Porotto
Department of Pediatrics, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Virol 83:6947-51. 2009..These results highlight new issues to be considered in developing strategies for fusion inhibitors...
- Serological evidence of possible human infection with Tioman virus, a newly described paramyxovirus of bat originKoon Chu Yaiw
Department of Pathology, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Infect Dis 196:884-6. 2007..0%) were positive for T. virus, by comparative ELISA. Of these 5 sera, 3 (1.8% of the total) had neutralizing antibodies against T. virus, suggesting previous infection of this study population by this virus or a similar virus...
- Akt plays a critical role in replication of nonsegmented negative-stranded RNA virusesMinghao Sun
Center of Molecular Immunology and Infectious Disease, Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Pennsylvania State University, 115 Henning Bldg, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Virol 82:105-14. 2008..The finding that Akt plays a critical role in replication of NNSV will lead to a better understanding of how these viruses replicate, as well as novel strategies to treat infectious diseases caused by NNSVs...
- Multicenter blinded analysis of RT-PCR detection methods for paramyxoviruses in relation to Paget's disease of boneStuart H Ralston
Rheumatic Diseases Unit, School of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
J Bone Miner Res 22:569-77. 2007....
- Ophidian paramyxovirus in Brazilian vipers (Bothrops alternatus)C K M Kolesnikovas
Department of Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Avenida Prof Dr Orlando Marques de Paiva 87, Cidade Universitaria, Sao Paulo, CEP 05508 900, Brazil
Vet Rec 159:390-2. 2006
- Nipah virus infection among abattoir workers in Malaysia, 1998-1999M Sahani
Institute for Medical Research, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Int J Epidemiol 30:1017-20. 2001....
- Paramyxovirus strategies for evading the interferon responseBin Gotoh
Department of Microbiology, Fukui Medical University School of Medicine, Shimoaizuki 23 3, Matsuoka cho, Yoshida gun, Fukui 910 1193, Japan
Rev Med Virol 12:337-57. 2002..hPIV3) and the Rubulavirus (simian virus (SV) 5, SV41, mumps virus and hPIV2), of the three in the subfamily Paramyxovirinae inhibit interferon (IFN) signalling to circumvent the IFN response...
- Menangle and Nipah virus infections of pigsPeter D Kirkland
Virology Laboratory, Elizabeth Macarthur Agriculture Institute, NSW Agriculture, PMB 8, Camden 2570, New South Wales, Australia
Vet Clin North Am Food Anim Pract 18:557-71, ix. 2002..This article reviews current knowledge of Menangle and Nipah virus infections in pigs, the only major species of domestic animals to experience serious disease after infection with these viruses...
- [Nipah virus infection]Chieko Kai
Laboratory Animal Research Center, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo
Nihon Rinsho 61:292-5. 2003
- An efficient helper-virus-free method for rescue of recombinant paramyxoviruses and rhadoviruses from a cell line suitable for vaccine developmentSusan E Witko
Wyeth Vaccines Research, 401 North Middletown Road, Pearl River, NY 10965, USA
J Virol Methods 135:91-101. 2006....
- Managing emerging diseases borne by fruit bats (flying foxes), with particular reference to henipaviruses and Australian bat lyssavirusJ S Mackenzie
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, School of Molecular and Microbial Sciences, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Appl Microbiol 94:59S-69S. 2003..Finally, an intriguing and long-term strategy is that of wildlife immunization through plant-derived vaccination...
- Nipah virus outbreak in MalaysiaKaw Bing Chua
International Medical University, Sesama Center, Plaza Komanwel, Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur, 57000, Malaysia
J Clin Virol 26:265-75. 2003....
- Parainfluenza viruses: an underappreciated cause of pediatric respiratory morbidityGeoffrey A Weinberg
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:447-8. 2006
- Elucidation of Nipah virus morphogenesis and replication using ultrastructural and molecular approachesCynthia S Goldsmith
Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mailstop G30, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Virus Res 92:89-98. 2003..Ultrastructural ISH studies suggest these inclusions play an important role in the transcription process...
- Inadequate research facilities fail to tackle mystery diseaseSanjay Kumar
BMJ 326:12. 2003
- Nipah virus infection, an emerging paramyxoviral zoonosisK T Wong
Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Springer Semin Immunopathol 24:215-28. 2002..This review provides an overview of the Nipah outbreak, focussing on what is presently known about it as an infectious disease, including the clinical aspects, pathology and pathogenesis...
- Full-length genome sequence of Mossman virus, a novel paramyxovirus isolated from rodents in AustraliaPhilippa J Miller
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, Private Bag 24, Geelong, Victoria 3220, Australia
Virology 317:330-44. 2003..of the full-length genome and its encoded proteins confirmed that MoV is a novel member of the subfamily Paramyxovirinae which cannot be assigned to an existing genus...
- Serological examination for evidence of infection with Hendra and Nipah viruses in Queensland piggeriesP F Black
Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane
Aust Vet J 79:424-6. 2001..CONCLUSION: The results of the survey support a case that commercial pigs in Queensland are free of both Hendra virus and Nipah virus infections...
- Molecular characterization of the polymerase gene and genomic termini of Nipah virusB H Harcourt
Respiratory and Enteric Viruses Branch, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Virology 287:192-201. 2001..genomic termini of HV and share sequence homology with the genomic termini of other members of the subfamily Paramyxovirinae. At 18,246 nucleotides, the genome of NV is 12 nucleotides longer than the genome of HV and they have the ..
- A rapid immune plaque assay for the detection of Hendra and Nipah viruses and anti-virus antibodiesGary Crameri
CSIRO, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, Private Bag 24, VIC 3220, Geelong, Australia
J Virol Methods 99:41-51. 2002....
- Anthropogenic deforestation, El Niño and the emergence of Nipah virus in MalaysiaKaw Bing Chua
Departments of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya
Malays J Pathol 24:15-21. 2002..These anthropogenic events, coupled with the location of piggeries in orchards and the design of pigsties allowed transmission of a novel paramyxovirus from its reservoir host to the domestic pig and ultimately to the human population...
- [Zoonoses caused by new viruses in the Paramyxoviridae family]J Madic
Zavod za mikrobiologiju i zarazne bolesti i klinikom, Veterinarski fakultet Sveucilista u Zagrebu Heinzelova ul b b, 10000 Zagreb
Lijec Vjesn 123:141-5. 2001..New morbillivirus designated Nipah virus was isolated from pigs and humans. It caused encephalitis and pneumonia in humans...
- Traceback systems used during recent epizootics in AsiaY Ozawa
Office International des Epizooties Representation for Asia and the Pacific, East 311, Shin Aoyama Building, 1-1-1 Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0062, Japan
Rev Sci Tech 20:605-13. 2001..Comparative studies of the pathogenicities of FMD (type O) viruses isolated in Taipei China, the Republic of Korea and Japan, suggest that these viruses might have originated as vaccine strains used in a third country...
- Experimental Nipah virus infection in pigs and catsD J Middleton
Australian Animal Health Laboratory, CSIRO Livestock Industries, Geelong 3220, Australia
J Comp Pathol 126:124-36. 2002..The findings indicate the possibility of field transmission of Nipah virus between pigs via respiratory and oropharyngeal secretions...
- Nipah virus encephalitis: serial MR study of an emerging diseaseC C Tchoyoson Lim
Department of Neuroradiology, National Neuroscience Institute, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433, Singapore
Radiology 222:219-26. 2002..To report the serial magnetic resonance (MR) imaging findings of the Nipah virus...
- Nucleotide and predicted amino acid sequence analysis of the fusion protein and hemagglutinin-neuraminidase protein genes among Newcastle disease virus isolates. Phylogenetic relationships among the Paramyxovirinae based on attachment glycoprotein sequencBruce S Seal
Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, US Department of Agriculture, 934 College Station Road, Athens 30605, GA USA
Funct Integr Genomics 4:246-57. 2004..virus is classified as a member of the order Mononegavirales in the family Paramyxoviridae of the subfamily Paramyxovirinae. Two interactive surface glycoproteins, the fusion (F) and hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) proteins, play ..
- The avian response to Newcastle disease virusB S Seal
Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, U S D A, Athens, GA 30605, USA
Dev Comp Immunol 24:257-68. 2000..This virus family is divided into two subfamilies, the Paramyxovirinae and the Pneumovirinae...
- Significant differences in nucleocapsid morphology within the ParamyxoviridaeDavid Bhella
Medical Research Council Virology Unit, Church Street, Glasgow G11 5JR, UK
J Gen Virol 83:1831-9. 2002..differences in nucleocapsid morphology among the genera investigated, most notably between viruses of the Paramyxovirinae and the Pneumovirinae subfamilies...
- Identification and phylogenetic comparison of Salem virus, a novel paramyxovirus of horsesR W Renshaw
Department of Population Medicine and Diagnostic Science, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Virology 270:417-29. 2000..translation product contained a highly conserved, cysteine-rich domain that is common to most viruses in the Paramyxovirinae subfamily...
- Characterization of the Tupaia rhabdovirus genome reveals a long open reading frame overlapping with P and a novel gene encoding a small hydrophobic proteinChristoph Springfeld
Mayo Clinic Rochester, Molecular Medicine Program, Guggenheim 1838, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
J Virol 79:6781-90. 2005..Similar to some Vesiculoviruses and many Paramyxovirinae, the P gene has a second overlapping reading frame that can be accessed by ribosomal choice and encodes a ..
- Structure of the nucleocapsid-binding domain from the mumps virus polymerase; an example of protein folding induced by crystallizationRichard L Kingston
School of Biological Sciences, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
J Mol Biol 379:719-31. 2008..NBD forms a compact bundle of three alpha-helices within the crystal, a fold apparently conserved across the Paramyxovirinae. In solution, however, the domain exists in the molten globule state...
- Reassessing conflicting evolutionary histories of the Paramyxoviridae and the origins of respiroviruses with Bayesian multigene phylogeniesAlex J McCarthy
Institute of Integrative and Comparative Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK
Infect Genet Evol 10:97-107. 2010..Relative to a pneumovirus outgroup, the concatenated gene phylogeny, splits the Paramyxovirinae into two lineages, one comprising the avulaviruses and rubulaviruses, and a second containing the ..
- The genome length of human parainfluenza virus type 2 follows the rule of six, and recombinant viruses recovered from non-polyhexameric-length antigenomic cDNAs contain a biased distribution of correcting mutationsMario H Skiadopoulos
Respiratory Viruses Section, Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 77:270-9. 2003Members of the Paramyxovirinae subfamily of the Paramyxoviridae family of viruses have the unusual requirement that the nucleotide length of the viral genome must be an even multiple of six in order for efficient RNA replication, and ..
- Receptor binding, fusion inhibition, and induction of cross-reactive neutralizing antibodies by a soluble G glycoprotein of Hendra virusKatharine N Bossart
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, F Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, MD 20814 4799, USA
J Virol 79:6690-702. 2005..HeV) and Nipah virus (NiV) are closely related emerging viruses comprising the Henipavirus genus of the Paramyxovirinae, which are distinguished by their ability to cause fatal disease in both animal and human hosts...
- Nucleotide sequence of the matrix protein gene of avian paramyxovirus, serotype 3b: evidence on another member of the suggested new genus of the subfamily ParamyxovirinaeEsther Shihmanter
Kimron Veterinary Institute, P O Box 12, Beit Dagan 50250, Israel
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 28:37-51. 2005..from the Rubulavirus genus and assigned (together with APMV-6) to a new Avulavirus genus within the subfamily Paramyxovirinae of the Paramyxoviridae family...
- Comparison of paramyxovirus isolates from snakes, lizards and a tortoiseRachel E Marschang
Institut für Umwelt und Tierhygiene, Hohenheim University, Garbenstr 30, D 70599 Stuttgart, Germany
Virus Res 144:272-9. 2009..supported the classification of all reptilian PMVs in a separate genus (Ferlavirus) in the subfamily Paramyxovirinae. Within each of the gene segments, the squamatid isolates could be divided into two groups with a sequence ..
- The complete genome sequence of J virus reveals a unique genome structure in the family ParamyxoviridaePhilippa J M Jack
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, Private Bag 24, Geelong, Victoria 3220, Australia
J Virol 79:10690-700. 2005..novel features represent the most significant divergence to date from the common six-gene genome structure of Paramyxovirinae. Although genome analysis has confirmed that J-V can be classified as a member of the subfamily ..
- Inhibition of interferon induction and signaling by paramyxovirusesJudith M Fontana
Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Herpesvirus Laboratory Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Immunol Rev 225:46-67. 2008..Paramyxoviruses are divided into two subfamilies, Paramyxovirinae and Pneumovirinae, which comprise five genera and two genera, respectively...
- Evidence for phosphorylation of human parainfluenza virus type 3 C protein: mutant C proteins exhibit variable inhibitory activities in vitroAchut G Malur
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Brody School of Medicine, Biotech 124, East Carolina University, 600 Moye Boulevard, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
Virus Res 144:180-7. 2009The P mRNA of human parainfluenza virus type 3, like other members of the subfamily Paramyxovirinae, gives rise to several polypeptides, one amongst them, the C protein, which is involved in inhibition of viral RNA synthesis as well as ..
- Blue native PAGE and biomolecular complementation reveal a tetrameric or higher-order oligomer organization of the physiological measles virus attachment protein HMelinda A Brindley
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Virol 84:12174-84. 2010Members of the Paramyxovirinae subfamily rely on the concerted action of two envelope glycoprotein complexes, attachment protein H and the fusion (F) protein oligomer, to achieve membrane fusion for viral entry...
- Complete genome sequence of Nariva virus, a rodent paramyxovirusL S Lambeth
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, PO Bag 24, Geelong, VIC 3220, Australia
Arch Virol 154:199-207. 2009..gene start and stop signals and a tri-nucleotide intergenic sequence present in most members of the subfamily Paramyxovirinae. Sequence comparison studies indicate that NarPV is most closely related to Mossman virus, which was isolated ..
- Molecular characterisation of Atlantic salmon paramyxovirus (ASPV): a novel paramyxovirus associated with proliferative gill inflammationK Falk
National Veterinary Institute, Section for Fish Health, P O Box 8156 Dep, N 0033 Oslo, Norway
Virus Res 133:218-27. 2008..regions from other members of the family Paramyxoviridae, and phylogenetic analyses of these amino acid sequences suggested that ASPV was a novel member of the sub-family Paramyxovirinae, most closely related to the respiroviruses.
- Complete nucleotide sequence of avian paramyxovirus type 6 isolated from ducksP C Chang
Graduate Institute of Veterinary Microbiology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Gen Virol 82:2157-68. 2001..This result suggests that APMV should constitute a new genus within the subfamily Paramyxovirinae.
- Complete genome sequence and pathogenicity of two swine parainfluenzavirus 3 isolates from pigs in the United StatesDan Qiao
Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1981 Kraft Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
J Virol 84:686-94. 2010..analysis of individual genes suggested that these viruses are novel members of the genus Respirovirus of the Paramyxovirinae subfamily and may be grouped into two subgenotypes of genotype A of bPIV3...
- Shared paramyxoviral glycoprotein architecture is adapted for diverse attachment strategiesThomas A Bowden
Division of Structural Biology, Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 38:1349-55. 2010Members within the paramyxovirus subfamily Paramyxovirinae constitute a large number of highly virulent human and animal pathogens...
- Characterization of the L gene and 5' trailer region of Ebola virusV E Volchkov
Institut fur Virologie, Philipps Universitat, Marburg, Germany
J Gen Virol 80:355-62. 1999..RNA viruses, including Marburg viruses, confirmed a close relationship between filoviruses and members of the Paramyxovirinae. The presence of several conserved linear domains commonly found within L proteins of other members of the ..
- A unique novel reptilian paramyxovirus, four atadenovirus types and a reovirus identified in a concurrent infection of a corn snake (Pantherophis guttatus) collection in GermanyMaha Diekan Abbas
Institut für Umwelt und Tierhygiene, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
Vet Microbiol 150:70-9. 2011..The possibility of concurrent infection with several different viruses and subsequent consequences for animal health should be kept in mind when testing reptile samples for viruses...
- Novel monoclonal antibodies against Menangle virus nucleocapsid proteinAurelija Zvirbliene
Institute of Biotechnology, V Graiciuno 8, 02241 Vilnius Lithuania
Arch Virol 155:13-8. 2010..The MAbs against MenV N protein may be a useful tool for immunohistological diagnosis of MenV infection...
- [Complete genome sequence analysis of a newly isolated paramyxovirus Tianjin strain]Mei Li
Department of Microbiology, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300070, China
Bing Du Xue Bao 24:1-6. 2008..The results suggested that Tianjin strain is a member of the Respirovirus genus in the Paramyxovirinae, Paramyxoviridae and has the closest relationship to Sendai virus...
- Role for the phosphoprotein P subunit of the paramyxovirus polymerase in limiting induction of host cell antiviral responsesPatrick J Dillon
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1064, USA
J Virol 81:11116-27. 2007..A model is presented for the mechanism by which both the P subunit of the viral polymerase and the V accessory protein contribute to the ability of a paramyxovirus to limit activation of antiviral responses...
- Nipah encephalitis outbreak in MalaysiaC T Tan
Department of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur 50603, Malaysia
Ann Acad Med Singapore 32:112-7. 2003..Between September 1998 and June 1999, there was a severe outbreak of viral encephalitis among the pig farm workers in Malaysia...
- The second receptor binding site of the globular head of the Newcastle disease virus hemagglutinin-neuraminidase activates the stalk of multiple paramyxovirus receptor binding proteins to trigger fusionMatteo Porotto
Departments of Pediatrics and of Microbiology and Immunology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
J Virol 86:5730-41. 2012..We suggest a general model for paramyxovirus fusion activation in which receptor engagement at site II plays an active role in F activation...
- Molecular characterization of glycoprotein genes and phylogenetic analysis of two swine paramyxoviruses isolated from United StatesDan Qiao
Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, USA
Virus Genes 39:53-65. 2009..Phylogenetic analyses based on both F protein and HN protein suggested the classification of these viruses into the subfamily Paramyxovirinae, genus Respirovirus, and genotype A of BPIV3.
- Comparative dynamics, morbidity and mortality burden of pediatric viral respiratory infections in an equatorial cityWladimir J Alonso
FroFogarty International Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:e9-14. 2012..Here, we report the results of a systematic prospective surveillance of multiple respiratory viruses conducted every weekday for nearly a decade in an equatorial city in Brazil...
- Contribution of the leader sequence to homologous viral interference among Sendai virus strainsYukie Shimazu
Department of Virology, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Virology 372:64-71. 2008..These results indicate that homologous interference is partly dependent on the promoter sequence and further suggest involvement of promoter activity for genome amplification related to host factors in viral interference...
- Cloning and expression of the nucleocapsid protein gene of nipah virus in different strains of Escherichia coliSwee Tin Ong
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Faculty of Science and Environmental Studies, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 UPM, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
J Biochem Mol Biol Biophys 6:347-50. 2002..Hence, the N(fus) protein produced in E. coli could serve as an alternative antigen for the detection of anti-NiV in swine...
- Relapsed and late-onset Nipah encephalitisChong Tin Tan
Department of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Ann Neurol 51:703-8. 2002..We concluded that a unique relapsing and remitting encephalitis or late-onset encephalitis may result as a complication of persistent Nipah virus infection in the central nervous system...
- Full length genome sequence of Tioman virus, a novel paramyxovirus in the genus Rubulavirus isolated from fruit bats in MalaysiaK B Chua
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Malaya Medical Center, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Arch Virol 147:1323-48. 2002..of the full length genome indicated that TiV is a novel member of the genus Rubulavirus within the subfamily Paramyxovirinae, family Paramyxoviridae...
- Package of NDV-pseudotyped HIV-Luc virus and its application in the neutralization assay for NDV infectionBin Wang
State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Biotechnology, Harbin Veterinary Research Institute, The Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Harbin, China College of Animal Sciences, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University, Fuzhou, China
PLoS ONE 9:e99905. 2014Newcastle disease virus (NDV) is a member of the Paramyxovirinae subfamily and can infect most species of birds. It has been a great threat for the poultry industry all around the world...
- Emerging infectious diseases in wildlifeE S Williams
Department of Veterinary Sciences, University of Wyoming, 1174 Snowy Range Road, Laramie, Wyoming 82070, USA
Rev Sci Tech 21:139-57. 2002..Those who study and diagnose diseases of wildlife must be alert for emerging diseases so that the impact of such diseases on wild animals, domestic animals and humans can be minimised...
- The carboxyl segment of the mumps virus V protein associates with Stat proteins in vitro via a tryptophan-rich motifMachiko Nishio
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, University of Geneva School of Medicine, CMU, 9 Ave de Champel, CH1211, Geneva, Switzerland
Virology 300:92-9. 2002Viruses of the Paramyxovirinae, similar to other viruses, have evolved specific proteins that interdict IFN action as part of a general strategy to counteract host innate immunity...
- Diagnosis of nipah virus encephalitis by electron microscopy of cerebrospinal fluidV T Chow
Departments of Microbiology and Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 117597, Kent Ridge, Singapore
J Clin Virol 19:143-7. 2000..Although Japanese encephalitis virus was initially suspected, the predominant aetiologic agent was subsequently confirmed to be Nipah virus, a novel paramyxovirus related to but distinct from Hendra virus...
- Nucleotide sequence analysis of the Newcastle disease virus nucleocapsid protein gene and phylogenetic relationships among the ParamyxoviridaeBruce S Seal
Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, US Department of Agriculture, 934 College Station Road, Athens, GA 30605, USA
Virus Res 83:119-29. 2002..N protein was detected in the C-terminal portion similar to what has been reported for other members of the Paramyxovirinae. Amino acids previously identified as invariant or highly conserved in N proteins of other paramyxoviruses ..
- Clinical manifestations of parainfluenza infection in childrenTsung Yen Yang
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 36:270-4. 2003..The identification of parainfluenza virus in illnesses classically considered to be due to other viruses is intriguing and may have important implications in the management of childhood illness clinically...
- Viral zoonoses - a threat under control?B Ludwig
Institute for Medical Virology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Intervirology 46:71-8. 2003..In this review, we present the important examples of zoonotic viruses and discuss the factors playing a key role in the emergence and resurgence of these diseases...
- Tachykinin-modulated anti-viral responsesKenneth L Bost
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC 28223, USA
Front Biosci 9:1994-8. 2004..Taken together, these studies demonstrate a surprising role for substance P and the neurokinin-1 receptor in the host response following these viral infections...
- Complete nucleotide sequences of Nipah virus isolates from MalaysiaY P Chan
Institute of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Gen Virol 82:2151-5. 2001..The existing evidence demonstrates a clear need for the creation of a new genus within the subfamily Paramyxovirinae to accommodate the close similarities between NiV and HeV and their significant differences from other ..
- Emerging viral infections in AustraliaJoseph G McCormack
Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Raymond Terrace, South Brisbane, QLD 4101, Australia
Med J Aust 177:45-9. 2002..Japanese encephalitis vaccine should be considered for people intending to reside in or visit endemic areas of southern or eastern Asia for more than 30 days...
- [Quantitative analysis of cell fusion caused by glycoprotein of paramyxoviruses with reporter gene method]Z Wang
Department of Virology, Shandong Medical University, Jinan, 250012, China
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 15:179-81. 2001..CONCLUSION: Reporter gene method is a kind of very sensitive, specific and repeatable quantitative analysis for cell fusion and can be used in the studies on membrane fusion caused by any viruses...
- Identification and molecular characterization of 18 paramyxoviruses isolated from snakesJ Franke
Institute of Zoology, Fishery Biology and Fish Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Kaulbachstrasse 37, D 80539, Munich, Germany
Virus Res 80:67-74. 2001..This uniformity distinguishes the snake virus group from the other type species of the subfamily Paramyxovirinae. For further classification, we aligned the sequences of the ophidian paramyxoviruses and members of the ..
- Membrane fusion tropism and heterotypic functional activities of the Nipah virus and Hendra virus envelope glycoproteinsKatharine N Bossart
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
J Virol 76:11186-98. 2002..of these emerging agents has led to their classification as the prototypic members of a new genus within the Paramyxovirinae subfamily called HENIPAVIRUS: These viruses are most closely related to members of the genus Morbillivirus ..
- Isolation and molecular identification of Sunshine virus, a novel paramyxovirus found in Australian snakesTimothy H Hyndman
School of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Murdoch University, Murdoch, Western Australia 6150, Australia
Infect Genet Evol 12:1436-46. 2012..the clustering of this virus within the family Paramyxoviridae but outside both of the current subfamilies: Paramyxovirinae and Pneumovirinae...
- PARAMYXOVIRUS MEMBRANE FUSIONTRUDY MORRISON; Fiscal Year: 2005..4) explore the role of attachment in initiation of fusion. ..
- Structure-Based Design of Nipah Virus Entry InhibitorsRICHARD PLEMPER; Fiscal Year: 2006..These will be characterized for their activity against live Nipah (aim 3). ..
- Role of Virus and Genetic Susceptibility in Otitis MediaCuneyt Alper; Fiscal Year: 2006..These results will be used in the design of future studies that prevent OM by moderating vURI pathogenesis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- High Throughput Screening-Based Identification of Measles Virus ProbesRICHARD PLEMPER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..