Genomes and Genes
Summary: A genus of ascomycetous yeast in the family Dipodascaceae, order SACCHAROMYCETALES.
Publications248 found, 100 shown here
- Lipid production by Yarrowia lipolytica growing on industrial glycerol in a single-stage continuous cultureSeraphim Papanikolaou
Laboratory of General and Agricultural Microbiology, Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Agricultural University of Athens, Votanikos, Greece
Bioresour Technol 82:43-9. 2002b>Yarrowia lipolytica LGAM S(7)1 presented remarkable growth on industrial glycerol used as sole carbon substrate...
- Yarrowia lipolytica as a model for bio-oil productionAthanasios Beopoulos
Microbiology and Molecular Genetic Laboratory, CNRS UMR2585, INRA UMR1238, AgroParisTech, INRA centre de Versailles Grignon BP 01, F 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Prog Lipid Res 48:375-87. 2009....
- Protein expression and secretion in the yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaJean Marc Nicaud
Laboratoire de génétique des microorganismes, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
FEMS Yeast Res 2:371-9. 2002Strains and vectors for protein expression and secretion have been developed in the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica...
- Lipid particle composition of the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica depends on the carbon sourceKarin Athenstaedt
Institut fur Biochemie, Technische Universitat Graz, Graz, Austria
Proteomics 6:1450-9. 2006..The present investigation deals with the isolation of LP from the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica and the characterization of their lipid and protein composition...
- Yarrowia lipolytica as a potential producer of citric acid from raw glycerolS Papanikolaou
Laboratoire des Sciences du Genie Chimique, Vandoeuvre lès Nancy France
J Appl Microbiol 92:737-44. 2002To study the biochemical response of Yarrowia lipolytica LGAM S(7)1 during growth on raw glycerol (the main by-product of bio-diesel production units) in order to produce metabolic products of industrial significance.
- High-yield production of erythritol from raw glycerol in fed-batch cultures of Yarrowia lipolyticaWaldemar Rymowicz
Department of Biotechnology and Food Microbiology, Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Norwida 25, 50 375, Wroclaw, Poland
Biotechnol Lett 31:377-80. 2009An acetate-negative mutant of Yarrowia lipolytica Wratislavia K1 was selected that, when grown with 300 g raw glycerol l(-1) at pH 3, produced 170 g erythritol l(-1) after 7 days, corresponding to a 56% yield and a productivity of 1 g l(-..
- Pexophagy: autophagic degradation of peroxisomesYasuyoshi Sakai
Division of Applied Life Sciences, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa Oiwake, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1763:1767-75. 2006..Subsequently, the engulfed peroxisome cluster is degraded. This review discusses the current state of knowledge of pexophagy with emphasis on studies on methylotrophic yeast species...
- Heterologous protein expression and secretion in the non-conventional yeast Yarrowia lipolytica: a reviewCatherine Madzak
Laboratoire de Microbiologie et Génétique Moléculaire LMGM, INRA CNRS INAP G, Centre de Biotechnologie Agro Industrielle, BP 01, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
J Biotechnol 109:63-81. 2004..Yeasts offer a number of advantages as host systems, and, among them, Yarrowia lipolytica appears as one of the most attractive...
- Yarrowia lipolytica, a yeast genetic system to study mitochondrial complex IStefan Kerscher
Universitatsklinikum Frankfurt, Institut fur Biochemie I, Zentrum der Biologischen Chemie, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Haus 25 B, D 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1555:83-91. 2002The obligate aerobic yeast Yarrowia lipolytica is introduced as a powerful new model for the structural and functional analysis of mitochondrial complex I...
- The structure of eukaryotic and prokaryotic complex IT Clason
University of Vermont, College of Medicine, Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Struct Biol 169:81-8. 2010..microscopy, and have been analyzed in comparison with the previously determined structure of Complex I from Yarrowia lipolytica...
- Control of lipid accumulation in the yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaAthanasios Beopoulos
Laboratoire de Microbiologie et Genetique Moleculaire, INRA, UMR1238, CNRS, UMR2585, AgroParisTech, Centre de Biotechnologie Agro Industrielle, BP 01, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:7779-89. 2008A genomic comparison of Yarrowia lipolytica and Saccharomyces cerevisiae indicates that the metabolism of Y. lipolytica is oriented toward the glycerol pathway...
- Lipid accumulation, lipid body formation, and acyl coenzyme A oxidases of the yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaKaterina Mlícková
Laboratoire de Chimie Biologique, INRA INA PG CNRS, Centre de Biotechnologie Agro Industrielle, INRA Centre de Grignon, BP01, F 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:3918-24. 2004b>Yarrowia lipolytica contains five acyl-coenzyme A oxidases (Aox), encoded by the POX1 to POX5 genes, that catalyze the limiting step of peroxisomal beta-oxidation. In this study, we analyzed morphological changes of Y...
- Hydrophobic substrate utilisation by the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica, and its potential applicationsP Fickers
Centre Wallon de Biologie Industrielle, Service de Technologie Microbienne, Universite de Liege, Boulevard du Rectorat, Batiment 40, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
FEMS Yeast Res 5:527-43. 2005The alkane-assimilating yeast Yarrowia lipolytica degrades very efficiently hydrophobic substrates such as n-alkanes, fatty acids, fats and oils for which it has specific metabolic pathways...
- Environmental and industrial applications of Yarrowia lipolyticaAshok V Bankar
Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, University of Pune, Pune 411 007, India
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 84:847-65. 2009b>Yarrowia lipolytica is a fungus that degrades hydrophobic substrates very efficiently...
- A genome-scale metabolic model of the lipid-accumulating yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaNicolas Loira
Inria Université Bordeaux CNRS joint project team MAGNOME, Talence, F 33405, France
BMC Syst Biol 6:35. 2012b>Yarrowia lipolytica is an oleaginous yeast which has emerged as an important microorganism for several biotechnological processes, such as the production of organic acids, lipases and proteases...
- In Yarrowia lipolytica mitochondria, the alternative NADH dehydrogenase interacts specifically with the cytochrome complexes of the classic respiratory pathwaySergio Guerrero-Castillo
Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
Biochim Biophys Acta 1787:75-85. 2009In Yarrowia lipolytica, mitochondria contain a branched respiratory chain constituted by the classic complexes I, II, III and IV, plus an alternative external NADH dehydrogenase (NDH2e) and an alternative oxidase (AOX)...
- Engineering of the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica for the production of glycoproteins lacking the outer-chain mannose residues of N-glycansYunkyoung Song
School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Korea
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:4446-54. 2007In an attempt to engineer a Yarrowia lipolytica strain to produce glycoproteins lacking the outer-chain mannose residues of N-linked oligosaccharides, we investigated the functions of the OCH1 gene encoding a putative alpha-1,6-..
- HAK transporters from Physcomitrella patens and Yarrowia lipolytica mediate sodium uptakeBegona Benito
Centro de Biotecnología y Genómica de Plantas, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Campus de Montegancedo, carretera M 40, km 37 7, 28223 Pozuelo de Alarcon Madrid, Spain
Plant Cell Physiol 53:1117-23. 2012..In this study, we identify two HAK genes, one in the moss Physcomitrella patens and the other in the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica, that encode Na(+)-specific transporters...
- Isolation and characterization of YlBEM1, a gene required for cell polarization and differentiation in the dimorphic yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaCleofe A R Hurtado
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
Eukaryot Cell 1:526-37. 2002..a gene encoding a protein of 639 amino acids that is essential for the yeast-to-hypha transition in the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica and whose transcription is significantly increased during this event...
- Tuning gene expression in Yarrowia lipolytica by a hybrid promoter approachJohn Blazeck
Department of Chemical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station C0400, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:7905-14. 2011..hybrid promoter approach to produce libraries of high-expressing, tunable promoters in the nonconventional yeast Yarrowia lipolytica...
- Lipid production from Yarrowia lipolytica Po1g grown in sugarcane bagasse hydrolysateYeshitila Asteraye Tsigie
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, 43, Keelung Rd, Sec 4, Taipei 106, Taiwan, ROC
Bioresour Technol 102:9216-22. 2011..of utilizing detoxified sugarcane bagasse hydrolysate (DSCBH) as an alternative carbon source to culture Yarrowia lipolytica Po1g for microbial oil and biodiesel production. Sugarcane bagasse hydrolysis with 2...
- New species and a new combination in the Hyphopichia and Yarrowia yeast cladesCletus P Kurtzman
Microbial Genomics and Bioprocessing Research Unit, Agricultural Research Service, US Department of Agriculture, National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research, 1815 N University Street, Peoria, IL 61604, USA
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 88:121-30. 2005..nov. (NRRL Y-7502, CBS 6139), basionym Pichia heimii Pignal. Phylogenetic analysis placed C. pseudorhagii and H. heimii in the Hyphopichia clade whereas C. bentonensis and C. hispaniensis are members of the Yarrowia clade.
- Yarrowia lipolytica Pex20p, Saccharomyces cerevisiae Pex18p/Pex21p and mammalian Pex5pL fulfil a common function in the early steps of the peroxisomal PTS2 import pathwayH Einwächter
Abteilung für Zellbiochemie, Medizinische Fakultät der Ruhr Universität Bochum, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
EMBO Rep 2:1035-9. 2001..Pex20p of Yarrowia lipolytica, Pex18p and Pex21p of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and mammalian Pex5pL fulfil a common function in the ..
- Transcriptomic analyses during the transition from biomass production to lipid accumulation in the oleaginous yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaNicolas Morin
INRA, UMR1319 MICALIS, Jouy en Josas, France
PLoS ONE 6:e27966. 2011..This study explores the potential of Y. lipolytica as an alternative oil producer, by identifying, at the transcriptomic level, the genes potentially involved in the metabolism of oleaginous species...
- Disruption of gene YlODC reveals absolute requirement of polyamines for mycelial development in Yarrowia lipolyticaJ F Jiménez-Bremont
Departamento de Ingeniería Genética, Unidad Irapuato, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Gto, Mexico
FEMS Yeast Res 1:195-204. 2001..We have cloned and disrupted the gene coding for ODC in Yarrowia lipolytica to analyze the role of polyamines in dimorphism of this fungus...
- Mitochondrial genomes of yeasts of the Yarrowia cladeClaude Gaillardin
UMR1319 MICALIS, AgroParisTech, Jouy en Josas, France
FEMS Yeast Res 12:317-31. 2012..deformans, Candida galli, and Candida phangngensis have been recently reported to be the close relatives of Yarrowia lipolytica...
- Kinetic profile of the cellular lipid composition in an oleaginous Yarrowia lipolytica capable of producing a cocoa-butter substitute from industrial fatsS Papanikolaou
, CNRS-ENSIC/ENSAIA UPR 6811,
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 80:215-24. 2001Cell growth, lipid accumulation and cellular lipid composition of Yarrowia lipolytica growing on mixtures of industrial fats containing stearic, oleic, linoleic and palmitic acid have been studied...
- The proton pumping stoichiometry of purified mitochondrial complex I reconstituted into proteoliposomesAlexander Galkin
Universitat Frankfurt, Fachbereich Medizin, Zentrum der Biologischen Chemie, Molekulare Bioenergetik, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Haus 26, D 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1757:1575-81. 2006..Here we determined the pumping stoichiometry of mitochondrial complex I from the strictly aerobic yeast Yarrowia lipolytica. With intact mitochondria, the measured value of 3...
- Modeling lipid accumulation and degradation in Yarrowia lipolytica cultivated on industrial fatsSeraphim Papanikolaou
Laboratoire des Sciences du Génie Chimique Centre Nationale de la Recherche Scientifique, Ecole Nationale superieure des Industries Chimiques, 13, rue du Bois de la Champelle, 54500, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Curr Microbiol 46:398-402. 2003A modeling approach was used to quantify the kinetic behavior of a Yarrowia lipolytica strain capable of producing significant lipid amounts when cultivated on industrial fats...
- Metabolic activities of biotechnological interest in Yarrowia lipolytica grown on glycerol in repeated batch culturesAnna Makri
Unit of Microbiology, Division of Genetics, Cell and Development Biology, Department of Biology, University of Patras, Patras, 26504 GR, Greece
Bioresour Technol 101:2351-8. 2010The growth of Yarrowia lipolytica on glycerol was studied in bioreactor repeated batch cultures and three distinct phases, namely biomass production phase, lipogenic phase and citric acid production phase were identified during growth ..
- Sampling Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells by rapid filtration improves the yield of mRNAsMonica M Belinchon
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas Alberto Sols, CSIC UAM, Arturo Duperier 4, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
FEMS Yeast Res 4:751-6. 2004..It was also observed that, when derepressed cells of S. cerevisiae W303-1A were collected by filtration and flash-frozen, part of the 25S and 18S rRNAs (up to 50%) was recovered in an unprocessed 32S or 33S form...
- Yarrowia lipolytica: A model and a tool to understand the mechanisms implicated in lipid accumulationAthanasios Beopoulos
INRA, UMR, CNRS, UMR, AgroParisTech, CBAI, Centre de Biotechnologie Agro Industrielle, Thiverval Grignon, France
Biochimie 91:692-6. 2009The oleaginous yeast Yarrowia lipolytica is known to inhabit various lipid-containing environments...
- An enhanced process for the production of a highly purified extracellular lipase in the non-conventional yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaSaoussen Turki
Unité de Fermentation, Institut Pasteur de Tunis, 13, Place Pasteur, BP 74, 1002, Tunis Belvedere, Tunisia
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 160:1371-85. 2010b>Yarrowia lipolytica LgX64.81 is a non-genetically modified mutant that was previously identified as a promising microorganism for extracellular lipase production...
- Screening and its potential application of lipolytic activity from a marine environment: characterization of a novel esterase from Yarrowia lipolytica CL180Jun Tae Kim
Marine Biotechnology Center, Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute, Ansan, South Korea
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 74:820-8. 2007..Three candidates among isolates were selected, and one of them, identified as Yarrowia lipolytica CL180, hydrolyzed preferentially S-enantiomer of racemic ofloxacin ester...
- A molecular approach to optimize hIFN α2b expression and secretion in Yarrowia lipolyticaNajla Gasmi
INRA, UMR1319 MICALIS, Domaine de Vilvert, 78352 Jouy en Josas, France
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 89:109-19. 2011..consensus sequence (CACA) at the translation initiation site on the expression level of heterologous proteins in Yarrowia lipolytica; human interferon alpha 2b (hIFN-α2b) was studied as an example...
- Involvement of the G3P shuttle and β-oxidation pathway in the control of TAG synthesis and lipid accumulation in Yarrowia lipolyticaThierry Dulermo
INRA, Institut Micalis, INRA AgroParisTech, UMR1319, Domaine de Vilvert, Jouy en Josas, France
Metab Eng 13:482-91. 2011The oleaginous yeast Yarrowia lipolytica can accumulate up to 38% of its dry weight (DW) as lipids. Factors involved in lipid accumulation, particularly triglycerides, are not well identified...
- Single cell oil production by Yarrowia lipolytica growing on an industrial derivative of animal fat in batch culturesS Papanikolaou
Laboratoire des Sciences du Génie Chimique CNRS, ENSIC, UPR 6811, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 58:308-12. 2002The growth of an oleaginous strain of Yarrowia lipolytica on an industrial fat composed of saturated free fatty acids (stearin) was studied...
- Dysferlin domain-containing proteins, Pex30p and Pex31p, localized to two compartments, control the number and size of oleate-induced peroxisomes in Pichia pastorisMingda Yan
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0322, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:885-98. 2008b>Yarrowia lipolytica Pex23p and Saccharomyces cerevisiae Pex30p, Pex31p, and Pex32p comprise a family of dysferlin domain-containing peroxins...
- Accumulation of a cocoa-butter-like lipid by Yarrowia lipolytica cultivated on agro-industrial residuesSeraphim Papanikolaou
Laboratoire des Sciences du Genie Chimique, rue du Bois de la Champelle, 54500, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Curr Microbiol 46:124-30. 2003b>Yarrowia lipolytica was cultivated on mixtures of saturated free fatty acids (an industrial derivative of animal fat called stearin), technical glycerol (the main by-product of bio-diesel production facilities), and glucose...
- Production of succinic acid at low pH by a recombinant strain of the aerobic yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaTigran V Yuzbashev
Russian State Collection of Industrial Microorganisms, State Research Institute of Genetics and Selection of Industrial Microorganisms, 1 st Dorozhny pr, 1, Moscow, Russia
Biotechnol Bioeng 107:673-82. 2010..proposed therefore a new strategy for construction of an aerobic eukaryotic producer on the basis of the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica with a deletion in the gene coding one of succinate dehydrogenase subunits...
- Functional characterization of the unconventional splicing of Yarrowia lipolytica HAC1 mRNA induced by unfolded protein responseMi Hee Oh
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Biology, College of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Korea
Yeast 27:443-52. 2010..In this study, we isolated and characterized a Yarrowia lipolytica HAC1 (YlHAC1) encoding a basic-leucine zipper transcription factor...
- Influence of glucose and saturated free-fatty acid mixtures on citric acid and lipid production by Yarrowia lipolyticaSeraphim Papanikolaou
Laboratoire des Sciences du Genie Chimique, CNRS, ENSIC ENSAIA UPR 6811, 13, rue du Bois de la Champelle, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, 54500, France
Curr Microbiol 52:134-42. 2006..composed by saturated free-fatty acids) on the production of biomass, reserve lipid, and citric acid by Yarrowia lipolytica ACA-DC 50109 was investigated in nitrogen-limited cultures...
- Heterologous expression of the benzoate para-hydroxylase encoding gene (CYP53B1) from Rhodotorula minuta by Yarrowia lipolyticaAndreas Shiningavamwe
Department of Microbial, Biochemical and Food Biotechnology, University of the Free State, P O Box 339, Bloemfontein, 9300, South Africa
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 72:323-9. 2006..which encodes a benzoate para-hydroxylase, was successfully cloned from Rhodotorula minuta and overexpressed in Yarrowia lipolytica E150. Multiple copies of the CYP53B1 cDNA were cloned under the POX2 promoter, while the Y...
- Proton pumping by complex I (NADH:ubiquinone oxidoreductase) from Yarrowia lipolytica reconstituted into proteoliposomesStefan Dröse
Universitat Frankfurt, Fachbereich Medizin, Molekulare Bioenergetik, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Haus 26, D 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1710:87-95. 2005..While this study was not specifically designed to demonstrate possible additional sodium translocating properties of complex I, we did not find indications for primary or secondary Na+ translocation by Y. lipolytica complex I...
- Production of medium chain saturated fatty acids with enhanced antimicrobial activity from crude coconut fat by solid state cultivation of Yarrowia lipolyticaGeorgiana Parfene
Dunărea de Jos University of Galati, Faculty of Food Science and Engineering, 111 Domneasca Street, 800201 Galati, Romania
Food Chem 136:1345-9. 2013..of crude coconut fat hydrolysates obtained in solid-state cultivation system with a selected yeast strain Yarrowia lipolytica RO13 were performed...
- The surface display of the alginate lyase on the cells of Yarrowia lipolytica for hydrolysis of alginateGuanglei Liu
UNESCO Chinese Center of Marine Biotechnology, Ocean University of China, Yushan Road, No 5, Qingdao, China
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 11:619-26. 2009..cloned into the multiple cloning site of the surface display vector pINA1317-YlCWP110 and expressed in cells of Yarrowia lipolytica, the cells displaying the alginate lyase could form clear zone on the plate containing sodium alginate,..
- Genetic control of extracellular protease synthesis in the yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaClaudia I Gonzalez-Lopez
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Institut National Agronomique Paris Grignon, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique URA1925, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Genetics 160:417-27. 2002Depending on the pH of the growth medium, the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica secretes an acidic protease or an alkaline protease, the synthesis of which is also controlled by carbon, nitrogen, and sulfur availability, as well as by the ..
- Adaptation to salt stress in a salt-tolerant strain of the yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaE N Andreishcheva
Bach Institute of Biochemisty, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 64:1061-7. 1999..mechanisms underlying adaptation to salt stress in a newly isolated osmo- and salt-tolerant strain of the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica...
- The acyl-CoA oxidases from the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica: characterization of Aox2pYi Shan Luo
Laboratoire de Chimie Biologique, INRA INA PG, Centre de Biotechnologie Agro Industrielle, Thiverval Grignon, France
Arch Biochem Biophys 407:32-8. 2002One of the acyl-CoA oxidases from the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica, acyl-CoA oxidase 2 (Aox2p), has been expressed in Escherichia coli as an active, N-terminally tagged (His)(6) fusion protein...
- Exploring the conformational states and rearrangements of Yarrowia lipolytica LipaseFlorence Bordes
Universite de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Biophys J 99:2225-34. 2010We report the 1.7 Å resolution crystal structure of the Lip2 lipase from Yarrowia lipolytica in its closed conformation...
- Citric acid production from glycerol-containing waste of biodiesel industry by Yarrowia lipolytica in batch, repeated batch, and cell recycle regimesWaldemar Rymowicz
Department of Biotechnology and Food Microbiology, Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Norwida 25, PL 50 375, Wroclaw, Poland
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 87:971-9. 2010b>Yarrowia lipolytica A-101-1.22 produces high citric acid (112 g l(-1)) with a yield of 0.6 g g(-1) and a productivity of 0.71 g l(-1) h(-1) during batch cultivation in the medium with glycerol-containing waste of biodiesel industry...
- Construction and characterization of a Yarrowia lipolytica mutant lacking genes encoding cytochromes P450 subfamily 52Hiroshi Takai
Department of Biotechnology, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Fungal Genet Biol 49:58-64. 2012..of n-alkane is catalyzed by cytochrome P450ALK of the CYP52 family in the n-alkane-assimilating yeast Yarrowia lipolytica...
- Increased electron donor and electron acceptor characters enhance the adhesion between oil droplets and cells of Yarrowia lipolytica as evaluated by a new cytometric assayMario Aguedo
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, UMR UB INRA 1082, ENSBANA, and Centre de Cytométrie en Flux, Universite de Bourgogne, 21 000 Dijon, France
J Agric Food Chem 51:3007-11. 2003The adhesion of methyl ricinoleate droplets to cells of the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica was investigated...
- Candida phangngensis sp. nov., an anamorphic yeast species in the Yarrowia clade, isolated from water in mangrove forests in Phang-Nga Province, ThailandSavitree Limtong
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Kasetsart University, 50 Paholyothin Road, Bangkok 10900, Thailand
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 58:515-9. 2008..Phylogenetic analysis demonstrated that the two strains occupy a basal position with respect to Yarrowia lipolytica and C. galli of the Yarrowia clade, supported by a high bootstrap value...
- Yarrowia lipolytica growth under increased air pressure: influence on enzyme productionMarlene Lopes
IBB Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Centre for Biological Engineering, Universidade do Minho, Campus de Gualtar, Braga, Portugal
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 159:46-53. 2009..In this work, a pressurized bioreactor was used for Yarrowia lipolytica batch cultivation under increased air pressure from 1 to 6 bar...
- Essential role of YlMPO1, a novel Yarrowia lipolytica homologue of Saccharomyces cerevisiae MNN4, in mannosylphosphorylation of N- and O-linked glycansJeong Nam Park
Department of Life Science, College of Natural Science, Chung Ang University, Seoul 156 756, South Korea
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:1187-95. 2011..To identify genes relevant to mannosylphosphorylation in the dimorphic yeast Yarrowia lipolytica, the molecular functions of five Y. lipolytica genes showing significant sequence homology with S...
- Surface properties of Yarrowia lipolytica and their relevance to gamma-decalactone formation from methyl ricinoleateMario Aguedo
Centro de Engenheria Biológica, Universidade do Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4710 057, Braga, Portugal
Biotechnol Lett 27:417-22. 2005The surface of the lipid-degrading yeast, Yarrowia lipolytica, was characterized by contact angle and zeta potential (zeta) measurements. The cells were mainly hydrophilic with a negative charge that was only affected from pH 2 to 4...
- Removal of chromium (VI) ions from aqueous solution by adsorption onto two marine isolates of Yarrowia lipolyticaAshok V Bankar
Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, University of Pune, Pune 411 007, India
J Hazard Mater 170:487-94. 2009The removal of chromium (VI) ions from aqueous solutions by the biomass of two marine strains of Yarrowia lipolytica (NCIM 3589 and 3590) was studied with respect to pH, temperature, biomass, sea salt concentration, agitation speed, ..
- Identification and characterization of two alpha-1,6-mannosyltransferases, Anl1p and Och1p, in the yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaStéphanie Barnay-Verdier
Laboratoire de Microbiologie et Genetique Moleculaire, CNRS Institut National Agronomique Paris Grignon INRA, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Microbiology 150:2185-95. 2004In this study, the identification and characterization of the Yarrowia lipolytica homologues of Saccharomyces cerevisiae alpha-1,6-mannosyltransferases Anp1p and Och1p, designated YlAnl1p and YlOch1p, are described...
- Chemostat study of citric acid production from glycerol by Yarrowia lipolyticaAnita Rywińska
Department of Biotechnology and Food Microbiology, Faculty of Food Science, University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Norwida 25 27, Wrocław, 50 375 Wrocław, Poland
J Biotechnol 152:54-7. 2011..rate and the chemical composition of the production medium impacts on the synthesis of citric acid by the Yarrowia lipolytica strain Wratislavia AWG7 from glycerol in a chemostat culture. The yeast Y...
- A copper-responsive transcription factor, CRF1, mediates copper and cadmium resistance in Yarrowia lipolyticaSusana Garcia
Departamento de Microbiologia y Genetica, Instituto de Microbiologia Bioquimica Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca 37071, Spain
J Biol Chem 277:37359-68. 2002The dimorphic yeast Yarrowia lipolytica is more resistant to high copper concentrations than Saccharomyces cerevisiae. This differential tolerance to copper ions has been observed in several strains arising from non-related isolates...
- Secretion of active anti-Ras single-chain Fv antibody by the yeasts Yarrowia lipolytica and Kluyveromyces lactisDominique Swennen
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire et Cellulaire, INA PG, INRA UR216, CNRS URA1925, BP01 F 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Microbiology 148:41-50. 2002b>Yarrowia lipolytica and Kluyveromyces lactis secretion vectors were constructed and assessed for the expression of heterologous proteins...
- First complexomic study of alkane-binding protein complexes in the yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaJean Paul Lasserre
Laboratoire de Biochimie des Protéines et Protéomique, UMR CNRS 7033, Universite Paris 13, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, F 93017 Bobigny Cedex, France
Talanta 80:1576-85. 2010The yeast Yarrowia lipolytica uses hydrophobic substrates, such as alkanes, fatty acids and oils, for its growth...
- Dicistronic tRNA-5S rRNA genes in Yarrowia lipolytica: an alternative TFIIIA-independent way for expression of 5S rRNA genesJoel Acker
Saclay Biology and Technologies Institute iBiTec S, CEA, 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Nucleic Acids Res 36:5832-44. 2008..In contrast to other hemiascomycetes, 5S rRNA genes of Yarrowia lipolytica are not embedded into the tandemly repeated rDNA units, but appear scattered throughout the genome...
- Yarrowia lipolyticaJean Marc Nicaud
CNRS, Micalis, Jouy en Josas, France
Yeast 29:409-18. 2012The yeast Yarrowia lipolytica presents specific physiological, metabolic and genomic characteristics, which differentiate it from the model yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Factors affecting the morphogenetic switch in Yarrowia lipolyticaF M Perez-Campo
Departamento de Microbiologia y Genetica, Instituto de Microbiologia Bioquimica CSIC, Universidad de Salamanca, 37071, Salamanca, Spain
Curr Microbiol 43:429-33. 2001b>Yarrowia lipolytica is a dimorphic yeast usually isolated from dairy products. Here we described methods for inducing in a homogeneous way a true yeast-hypha transition in liquid medium...
- The regulatory subunit of protein kinase A promotes hyphal growth and plays an essential role in Yarrowia lipolyticaJosé A Cervantes Chávez
Departamento de Ingeniería Genética, Unidad Irapuato, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Irapuato, Gto Mexico
FEMS Yeast Res 7:929-40. 2007The gene encoding the regulatory subunit (RKA1) of the cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) of Yarrowia lipolytica was isolated to analyze the role of the PKA pathway in the dimorphic transition of the fungus...
- Engineering the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica for the production of therapeutic proteins homogeneously glycosylated with Man₈GlcNAc₂ and Man₅GlcNAc₂Karen De Pourcq
Unit for Medical Biotechnology, Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, VIB, Technologiepark 927, B 9052, Ghent, Belgium
Microb Cell Fact 11:53. 2012..Yeast systems are widely used, convenient and cost-effective. Yarrowia lipolytica is a suitable host that is generally regarded as safe (GRAS)...
- Surface display of active lipases Lip7 and Lip8 from Yarrowia lipolytica on Saccharomyces cerevisiaeWen Shan Liu
Key Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, The Ministry of Education, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 88:885-91. 2010..The genes encoding Yarrowia lipolytica lipases Lip7 and Lip8 were fused with the gene encoding small binding subunit Aga2 of a-agglutinin...
- [Range of substrates and steroid bioconversion reactions performed by recombinant microorganisms Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Yarrowia lipolytica expressing cytochrome P450c17]V M Shkumatov
Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol 42:539-46. 2006..of progesterone and some of its derivatives was studied in yeast strains Saccharomyces cerevisiae YEp51alpha, Yarrowia lipolytica E129A15, and expressing cytochrome P450c17...
- Identification of a triacylglycerol lipase gene family in Candida deformans: molecular cloning and functional expressionFrédéric Bigey
UFR de Microbiologie Industrielle et Génétique des Microorganismes, INRA ENSAM, 2 place Viala, F 34060 Montpellier Cedex 1, France
Yeast 20:233-48. 2003..The three lipases are very similar to lipases from the related species Yarrowia lipolytica. Significant homologies were also found with several yeast and fungal lipases. As C...
- Application of free and Ca-alginate-entrapped Glomus deserticola and Yarowia lipolytica in a soil-plant systemN Vassilev
Estacion Experimental del Zaidin, CSIC, Professor Albareda 1, 18008, Granada, Spain
J Biotechnol 91:237-42. 2001..These results indicate that dual inoculation with an AM fungus and a P-solubilizing microorganism co-entrapped in alginate can be an efficient technique for plant establishment and growth in nutrient deficient soils...
- YlBMH1 encodes a 14-3-3 protein that promotes filamentous growth in the dimorphic yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaCleofe A R Hurtado
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alberta, Medical Sciences Building 5 14, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
Microbiology 148:3725-35. 2002..identify genes that are involved in the regulation of these events, chemical mutagenesis of the dimorphic yeast Yarrowia lipolytica was performed and morphological mutants that were unable to form hyphal cells were isolated...
- Use of Yarrowia lipolytica strains for the treatment of olive mill wastewaterR Lanciotti
Dipartimento di Protezione e Valorizzazione Agroalimentare, Universita degli Studi di Bologna, Via Fanin 46, 40127 Bologna, Italy
Bioresour Technol 96:317-22. 2005The principal aim of this research was to evaluate the ability of different Yarrowia lipolytica strains, having different origin, to grow in olive mill wastewater (OMW) and reduce its COD level...
- Analysis of the transcriptional regulation of YlODC gene from the dimorphic fungus Yarrowia lipolyticaJuan Francisco Jiménez-Bremont
División de Biologia Molecular, Instituto Potosino de Investigacion Cientifica y Tecnologica, Camino a la Presa de San José 2055, Apartado Postal 3 74 Tangamanga, 78210 San Luis Potosi, SLP, Mexico
Microbiol Res 163:717-23. 2008..In the present report, the transcriptional regulation of the gene encoding ODC from the dimorphic fungus Yarrowia lipolytica (YlODC) was analyzed...
- Yarrowia lipolytica cells mutant for the PEX24 gene encoding a peroxisomal membrane peroxin mislocalize peroxisomal proteins and accumulate membrane structures containing both peroxisomal matrix and membrane proteinsYuen Yi C Tam
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 13:2681-91. 2002..Functional complementation of the oleic acid-nonutilizing strain mut1-1 of the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica has identified the novel gene, PEX24. PEX24 encodes Pex24p, a protein of 550 amino acids (61,100 Da)...
- Isolation of bioactive peptides from tryptone that modulate lipase production in Yarrowia lipolyticaSaoussen Turki
Unité de Fermentation, Institut Pasteur de Tunis, 13 Place Pasteur, Tunis Belvedere, Tunisia
Bioresour Technol 100:2724-31. 2009In this work the effect of several organic nitrogen sources on lipase production in Yarrowia lipolytica LgX64.81 overproducing mutant was studied. Among them, tryptone and peptone showed the most prominent stimulatory effect...
- Isolation and characterization of the TRP1 gene from the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica and multiple gene disruption using a TRP blasterSeon Ah Cheon
Department of Microbiology, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Korea
Yeast 20:677-85. 2003The TRP1 gene encoding N-(5'-phosphoribosyl)-anthranilate isomerase was isolated from the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica, in which only a few genetic marker genes are available. The Y...
- Identification of dimorphism-involved genes of Yarrowia lipolytica by means of microarray analysisAdán Topiltin Morales-Vargas
Departamento de Ingeniería Genética, Unidad Irapuato, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Apartado Postal 629, CP 36500, Irapuato, Gto, Mexico
Res Microbiol 163:378-87. 2012..microarrays, in this work we identified genes involved in the early stages of the yeast-to-mycelium transition of Yarrowia lipolytica induced by a shift in pH of the medium...
- Characteristics of copper tolerance in Yarrowia lipolyticaHiroyasu Ito
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Ehime University, Matsuyama, Ehime, 790 8577, Japan
Biometals 20:773-80. 2007We discovered that a mutant strain of the dimorphic yeast Yarrowia lipolytica could grow in the yeast form in high concentrations of copper sulfate. The amount of metal accumulated by Y...
- STE11 disruption reveals the central role of a MAPK pathway in dimorphism and mating in Yarrowia lipolyticaJosé A Cervantes-Chávez
Departamento de Ingeniería Genética, Unidad de Biotecnología e Ingeniería Genética de Plantas, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Irapuato, Gto Mexico
FEMS Yeast Res 6:801-15. 2006b>Yarrowia lipolytica is a dimorphic fungus whose morphology is controlled by several factors such as pH and different compounds. To determine if the STE11-mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway plays a role in dimorphism of Y...
- Cell-surface display of the active mannanase in Yarrowia lipolytica with a novel surface-display systemXiao Song Yang
College of Life Science, Hubei University, Wuhan 430062, People s Republic of China
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 54:171-6. 2009..The fusion protein was displayed on the cell surface of Yarrowia lipolytica successfully, and it was confirmed by immunofluorescence...
- Biofilm formation by a biotechnologically important tropical marine yeast isolate, Yarrowia lipolytica NCIM 3589D H Dusane
Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, University of Pune, Pune, 411 007, India
Water Sci Technol 58:1221-9. 2008Biofilm formation by Yarrowia lipolytica, a biotechnologically important fungus in microtitre plates, on glass slide surfaces and in flow cell was investigated...
- Alternative splicing regulates targeting of malate dehydrogenase in Yarrowia lipolyticaPhilomène Kabran
INRA, UMR 1319 Micalis, F 78352 Jouy en Josas, France
DNA Res 19:231-44. 2012..We report the first case of AS with functional consequences in the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica...
- Engineering polyhydroxyalkanoate content and monomer composition in the oleaginous yeast Yarrowia lipolytica by modifying the ß-oxidation multifunctional proteinRamdane Haddouche
INRA, UMR1319 MICALIS, 78352 Jouy en Josas, France
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 91:1327-40. 2011Recombinant strains of the oleaginous yeast Yarrowia lipolytica expressing the PHA synthase gene (PhaC) from Pseudomonas aeruginosa in the peroxisome were found able to produce polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA)...
- Sterol glucosyltransferases have different functional roles in Pichia pastoris and Yarrowia lipolyticaOleh V Stasyk
Institute of Cell Biology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Drahomanov Street 14 16, 79005, Lviv, Ukraine
Cell Biol Int 27:947-52. 2003Mutants of the methanol-utilizing yeast Pichia pastoris and the alkane-utilizing yeast Yarrowia lipolytica defective in the orthologue of UGT51 (encoding sterol glucosyltransferase) were isolated and compared...
- Analysis of Yarrowia lipolytica extracellular lipase Lip2p glycosylationPascale Jolivet
UMR206, Laboratoire de Chimie Biologique, Agro Paris Tech, INRA, Centre de Biotechnologie Agro Industrielle, Thiverval Grignon, France
FEMS Yeast Res 7:1317-27. 2007Wild-type (WT) Yarrowia lipolytica strain secretes a major extracellular lipase Lip2p which is glycosylated. In silico sequence analysis reveals the presence of two potential N-glycosylation sites (N113IS and N134NT)...
- Characterization of Ire1 in the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica reveals an important role for the Sls1 nucleotide exchange factor in unfolded protein response regulationAnna Babour
University of California, San Diego, NSB 5315 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Curr Genet 53:337-46. 2008..Here, we report on the characterization of the Yarrowia lipolytica Ire1 ortholog...
- Roles of multiple acyl-CoA oxidases in the routing of carbon flow towards β-oxidation and polyhydroxyalkanoate biosynthesis in Yarrowia lipolyticaRamdane Haddouche
INRA, UMR1319 MICALIS, Domaine de Vilvert, Jouy en Josas, France
FEMS Yeast Res 10:917-27. 2010The oleaginous yeast Yarrowia lipolytica possesses six acyl-CoA oxidase (Aox) isoenzymes encoded by genes POX1-POX6. The respective roles of these multiple Aox isoenzymes were studied in recombinant Y...
- Detection and analysis of alternative splicing in Yarrowia lipolytica reveal structural constraints facilitating nonsense-mediated decay of intron-retaining transcriptsMeryem Mekouar
INRA UMR1319 Micalis AgroParisTech, Biologie intégrative du métabolisme lipidique microbien, Bat, CBAI, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Genome Biol 11:R65. 2010..Here we used transcriptome-wide approaches to evaluate the mechanisms underlying the generation of alternative transcripts in Yarrowia lipolytica, a yeast highly divergent from S. cerevisiae.
- A proteomic and transcriptomic view of amino acids catabolism in the yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaSoulaf Mansour
INRA AgroParisTech, Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, Thiverval Grignon, France
Proteomics 9:4714-25. 2009The yeast Yarrowia lipolytica has to develop dynamic metabolic adaptation mechanisms to survive within the cheese habitat...
- New pulsed EPR methods and their application to characterize mitochondrial complex IThorsten Maly
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1787:584-92. 2009..In this case Relaxation Filtered Hyperfine (REFINE) spectroscopy can be used to separate the overlapping spectra based on differences in their relaxation behavior...
- The lipases from Yarrowia lipolytica: genetics, production, regulation, biochemical characterization and biotechnological applicationsPatrick Fickers
Unité de Biotechnologies et Bioprocédés, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, av F D Roosevelt 50, C P 165 61, B 1050 Bruxelles, Belgium
Biotechnol Adv 29:632-44. 2011..The non-conventional yeast Yarrowia lipolytica possesses 16 paralogs of genes coding for lipase...
- Two-dimensional native electrophoretic analysis of respiratory supercomplexes from Yarrowia lipolyticaEsther Nübel
Cluster of Excellence Macromolecular Complexes, Molekulare Bioenergetik, Zentrum der Biologischen Chemie, Goethe Universitat Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
Proteomics 9:2408-18. 2009Mitochondria of the strictly aerobic yeast Yarrowia lipolytica contain respiratory complex I with close functional and structural similarity to the mammalian enzyme...
- Regulatory role of the PKA pathway in dimorphism and mating in Yarrowia lipolyticaJosé A Cervantes-Chávez
Departamento de Ingeniería Genética, Unidad Irapuato, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Irapuato, Gto, Mexico
Fungal Genet Biol 46:390-9. 2009Previous studies on the dimorphic transition of Yarrowia lipolytica suggested opposite roles for MAPK and PKA pathways in this phenomenon...
- Chapter 26 Measurement of superoxide formation by mitochondrial complex I of Yarrowia lipolyticaStefan Dröse
Molecular Bioenergetics Group, Cluster of Excellence Frankfurt Macromolecular Complexes, Medical School, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Methods Enzymol 456:475-90. 2009..Mitochondrial membranes from the obligate aerobic yeast Yarrowia lipolytica, as well as the purified and reconstituted enzyme, can be used to measure complex I-dependent ..
- Direct localization of the 51 and 24 kDa subunits of mitochondrial complex I by three-dimensional difference imagingTodd Clason
University of Vermont, College of Medicine, Department Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Struct Biol 159:433-42. 2007..We have determined the 3D structure of complex I from Yarrowia lipolytica lacking the flavoprotein part of the N-module, which consists of the 51 kDa (NUBM) and the 24 kDa (..
- Trs85 is required for macroautophagy, pexophagy and cytoplasm to vacuole targeting in Yarrowia lipolytica and Saccharomyces cerevisiaeTaras Y Nazarko
Institute of Cell Biology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Lviv, Ukraine
Autophagy 1:37-45. 2005b>Yarrowia lipolytica was recently introduced as a new model organism to study peroxisome degradation in yeasts. Transfer of Y...
- Screening of a thiamine-auxotrophic yeast for alpha-ketoglutaric acid overproductionJingwen Zhou
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan University, Lihu Road, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
Lett Appl Microbiol 51:264-71. 2010..To obtain a thiamine-auxotrophic yeast strain that overproduces alpha-ketoglutaric acid (alpha-KG) from glycerol and to investigate nutrient effects on alpha-KG production...
- Cell surface characterization of Yarrowia lipolytica IMUFRJ 50682P F F Amaral
Departamento de Eng Bioquímica, Escola de Quimica, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, 21949 900 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Yeast 23:867-77. 2006In the present work, the surface characteristics of a wild-type strain of Yarrowia lipolytica (IMUFRJ50682) were investigated...
- Aconitase overexpression changes the product ratio of citric acid production by Yarrowia lipolyticaMartina Holz
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Technische Universitat Dresden, 01062 Dresden, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 81:1087-96. 2009The yeast Yarrowia lipolytica secretes high amounts of various organic acids, like citric acid (CA) and isocitric acid (ICA) under an excess of carbon source and several conditions of growth limitation...
- The role of acyl-CoA binding proteins in selective autophagyTaras Y Nazarko; Fiscal Year: 2013..The third goal is to develop the obesity model yeast, Yarrowia lipolytica, as a simple lipophagy model and study the molecular role of ACBPs in lipophagy...
- 3D Structure of Membrane ProteinsMichael Radermacher; Fiscal Year: 2013..This domain structure is conserved in Yarrowia lipolytica and bovine Complex Is, and partially in the bacterial enzyme...