Genomes and Genes
Summary: A fungal genus which grows in the epidermis and is the cause of TINEA.
Publications187 found, 100 shown here
- Species distribution and antifungal susceptibilities of dermatophytes during a one year period at a university hospital in TurkeyAydan Ozkutuk
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Inciralti Izmir, Turkey
Mycoses 50:125-9. 2007..mentagrophytes (38%), T. violaceum (1.5%), T. verrucosum (1.5%), Microsporum canis (1.5%) and Epidermophyton floccosum (1.5%)...
- Phylogenetic classification and species identification of dermatophyte strains based on DNA sequences of nuclear ribosomal internal transcribed spacer 1 regionsK Makimura
Teikyo University Institute of Medical Mycology, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 37:920-4. 1999The mutual phylogenetic relationships of dermatophytes of the genera Trichophyton, Microsporum, and Epidermophyton were demonstrated by using internal transcribed spacer 1 (ITS1) region ribosomal DNA sequences. Trichophyton spp...
- Antifungal activity of 5 new synthetic compounds vs. Trichophyton rubrum and Epidermophyton floccosumC Romagnoli
Department of Animal Biology, University of Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
Mycopathologia 153:129-32. 2002The antifungal activity of five new synthetic compounds was evaluated on two dermatophytes: Epidermophyton floccosum and Trichophyton rubrum...
- Molecular typing of Epidermophyton floccosum isolated from patients with dermatophytosis by RAPD-PCRAlireza Khosravi
Mycology Research Center, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
J Basic Microbiol 50:S68-73. 2010We evaluated the ability of randomly amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) to type Epidermophyton floccosum isolates recovered from patients with dermatophytosis originating from different regions of Iran. A total of 13 clinical isolates of E...
- Phylogenetic relation of Epidermophyton floccosum to the species of Microsporum and Trichophyton in chitin synthase 1 (CHS1) gene sequencesR Kano
Department of Pathobiology, Nihon University School of Veterinary Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Mycopathologia 146:111-3. 1999The Nucleotide sequence of the chitin synthase 1 (CHS1) gene of Epidermophyton floccosum, an anthrophophilic dermatophyte which is the type species of the genus Epidermophyton was analyzed to determine its phylogenetic relation to eight ..
- The complete DNA sequence of the mitochondrial genome of the dermatophyte fungus Epidermophyton floccosumJosé Humberto M Tambor
Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Departamento de Microbiologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes, 1374, Ed Biomédicas II, Cidade Universitaria, CEP 05508 900, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Curr Genet 49:302-8. 2006We report here the complete nucleotide sequence of the 30.9-kb mitochondrial genome of the dermatophyte fungus Epidermophyton floccosum...
- Species-identification of dermatophytes Trichophyton, Microsporum and Epidermophyton by PCR and PCR-RFLP targeting of the DNA topoisomerase II genesToshio Kanbe
Division of Molecular Mycology and Medicine, Department of Advanced Medical Science, Center for Neural Disease and Cancer, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 33:41-54. 2003..We have focused on the DNA topoisomerase II genes of pathogenic fungi and have previously applied polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-based identification of several species including the some of the major dermatophyte species...
- Molecular taxonomy of dermatophytes and related fungi by chitin synthase 1 (CHS1) gene sequencesAsuka Hirai
Department of Pathobiology, Nihon University School of Veterinary Medicine, 1866, Kameino, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252 8510, Japan
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 83:11-20. 2003..the nucleotide sequences of the CHS1 gene from dermatophytes and related fungi in the genera Chrysosporium, Epidermophyton, Microsporum and Trichophyton were investigated using molecular methods...
- [Analysis of dermatophyte flora at a private clinic in Sapporo during the period 1992 to 2001]Hideomi Shibaki
Shibaki Dermatology Clinic, Teine honcho 2 4, Teine ku, Sapporo 006 0022
Nihon Ishinkin Gakkai Zasshi 44:209-16. 2003..Trichophyton rubrum (TR)(79.4%), Trichophyton mentagrophytes (TM)(19.5%), Microsporum canis (MC)(0.7%), Epidermophyton floccosum (EF) (0.3%), and Microsporum gypseum (MG) (0.1%)...
- Plumieride from Allamanda cathartica as an antidermatophytic agentT N Tiwari
Department of Botany, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
Phytother Res 16:393-4. 2002..It showed strong fungitoxicity against some dermatophytes causing dermatomycosis to animals and human beings. It exhibited a noncytotoxic nature against a P(388) mouse leukaemia cell line...
- Clinico-mycological profile of dermatophytosis in Jaipur, RajasthanNeetu Jain
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 74:274-5. 2008
- Evaluation of lymphocytes subpopulations and natural killer cells in peripheral blood of patients treated for dermatophyte onychomycosisR Maleszka
Department of Dermatology, MSWiA Hospital, , Poland
Mycoses 44:487-92. 2001..mentagrophytes var. granulosum, T. tonsurans and Epidermophyton floccosum were examined before treatment and 27 of these patients were examined again when they came to the ..
- Laboratory diagnosis of onychomycosisRobert C Alberhasky
Center for Podiatric Pathology, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Euclid Hospital, Cleveland Clinic Health System, 18901 Lakeshore Boulevard, Euclid, OH 44119, USA
Clin Podiatr Med Surg 21:565-78, vi. 2004..The natural history and etiologic agents of this disease are discussed. The currently available methods of laboratory diagnosis are compared and contrasted...
- Tinea cruris in female prostitutesL Otero
Service of Microbiology, Hospital de Cabuenes, Gijon, Spain
Mycopathologia 153:29-31. 2002..Four Trichophyton mentagrophytes (57.1%), 2 T rubrum (28.6%), and 1 Epidermophyton floccosum (14.3%) isolates were cultered...
- Antimicrobial activities of a new schizozygane indoline alkaloid from Schizozygia coffaeoides and the revised structure of isoschizogalineR M Kariba
Department of Botany and Department of Chemistry, University of Nairobi P O Box 30197, Nairobi, Kenya
J Nat Prod 65:566-9. 2002..The structure of isoschizagaline, the only active antibacterial, is revised on the basis of NMR analysis...
- Characteristics of dermatophytoses among children in an area south of Tehran, IranA Rastegar Lari
Department of Microbiology, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Mycoses 48:32-7. 2005..Trichophyton violaceum was the most frequent isolate (28.3%) followed by Microsporum canis (15.1%), Epidermophyton floccosum (15.1%), T. rubrum (13.2%), T. mentagrophytes (11.3%), M. gypseum (7.5%), and T. verrucosum (5.7%)...
- Origins of onychomycosisDaniel J McCarthy
American Society of Podiatric Dermatology, 900 West Market Street, Akron, OH 44313, USA
Clin Podiatr Med Surg 21:533-53, vi. 2004..This article discusses the origins of this condition as well as methods of classification and evaluation...
- Inhibition of dermatophytes by optical brightenersJ Brasch
Department of Dermatology, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Mycoses 46:120-5. 2003..Typical strains of Trichophyton rubrum, T. mentagrophytes, Microsporum canis and Epidermophyton floccosum were grown on agar plates containing two different brighteners of stilbenedisulfonic acid type in ..
- A comparative survey of serum androgenic hormones levels between male patients with dermatophytosis and normal subjectsSeyed Jamal Hashemi
Department of Medical Mycology and Parasitology, School of Public Health and Institute of Public Health Researches, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran 14155, Iran
Jpn J Infect Dis 57:60-2. 2004..androstendione, and dehydroepianderosterone sulfate (DHEA-S) in 60 male patients with dermatophytosis due to Epidermophyton floccosum and Trichophyton rubrum by enzyme link immunoassay...
- Frequency of culture-proven dermatophyte infection in patients with suspected tinea pedisAaron Fuchs
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Am J Med Sci 327:77-8. 2004..This study examined the incidence of culture-proven tinea pedis in patients who presented with a foot rash clinically suspected to be tinea pedis...
- The effect of griseofulvin on the gene regulation of beta-tubulin in the dermatophyte pathogen Trichophyton rubrumKamiar Zomorodian
Department of Medical Mycology and Parasitology, School of Medicine, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
J Infect Chemother 13:373-9. 2007....
- The necessity of culture for the diagnosis of tinea pedisTalat Ecemis
Celal Bayar University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Manisa, Turkey
Am J Med Sci 331:88-90. 2006..This study examined the consistency between the clinical diagnosis of tinea pedis and the results of direct fungal examination, prepared with 10% potassium hydroxide, and culture...
- PCR-RFLP analysis of the dermatophytes isolated from patients in Central PolandAnita Dobrowolska
J Dermatol Sci 42:71-4. 2006
- Dermatophytoses in monterrey, méxicoOliverio Welsh
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Universitario José E González, Monterrey, NL, Mexico
Mycoses 49:119-23. 2006..7%), Trichophyton tonsurans (21%), Microsporum canis (7.1%) and Epidermophyton floccosum (2.5%)...
- Analysis of the dermatophyte species isolated in the British Isles between 1980 and 2005 and review of worldwide dermatophyte trends over the last three decadesAndrew M Borman
Health Protection Agency, Mycology Reference Laboratory, Bristol, UK
Med Mycol 45:131-41. 2007..mentagrophytes var. mentagrophytes (rodent ringworm) and Epidermophyton floccosum (a cause of human groin and foot infections) all decreased by 90%...
- Antibacterial and antifungal activity of Cassia fistula L.: an ethnomedicinal plantV Duraipandiyan
Entomology Research Institute, Loyola College, Chennai 600034, India
J Ethnopharmacol 112:590-4. 2007..A crystal was isolated, which was confirmed as 4-hydroxy benzoic acid hydrate using X-ray crystallography. It exhibited antifungal activity against Trichophyton mentagrophytes (MIC 0.5 mg/ml) and Epidermophyton floccosum (MIC 0.5 mg/ml).
- A study of dermatophytosis in South West of Iran (Ahwaz)Ali Zarei Mahmoudabadi
Department of Medical Mycology and Parasitology, School of Medicine, Jundishapour University of Medical Sciences, Ahwaz, Iran
Mycopathologia 160:21-4. 2005..5%), tinea corporis (14.8%), tinea ungium (13%), tinea capitis (11.3%), tinea faciei (11.3%), tinea manuum (7%) and tinea barbae (1.7%). Trichophyton mentagrophytes was the most prevalent species followed by Epidermophyton floccosum.
- [Dermatophyte flora at the dermatology clinic of Kimitsu Chuo Hospital from 1994 through 1999]Yoko Takahashi
Research Center for Pathogenic Fungi and Microbial Toxicoses, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8673, Japan
Nihon Ishinkin Gakkai Zasshi 43:21-7. 2002..4%) of T. mentagrophytes, 9 (0.6%) of Microsporum gypseum, 8 (0.5%) of M. canis, 8 (0.5%) of Epidermophyton floccosum and 5 (0.3%) of T. violaceum. The ratio of T.R/T.M was 1.43 in all the isolates, and 0...
- Tinea unguium in the north-west of Iran (1996-2004)Abdolhassan Kazemi
National Public Health Management Center, Infectious and Tropical Diseases Research Center and Biotechnology Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Rev Iberoam Micol 24:113-7. 2007..Tinea unguium in this region is associated with animal husbandry and direct or indirect contact with their products (wool, leather)...
- Sertaconazole: a review of its use in the management of superficial mycoses in dermatology and gynaecologyJamie D Croxtall
Wolters Kluwer Health Adis, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 69:339-59. 2009..Sertaconazole has broad-spectrum antifungal activity against dermatophytes of the Trichophyton, Epidermophyton and Microsporum genera, and yeasts of the genera Candida and Cryptococcus; additionally, it is effective ..
- Prevalence and risk factors for superficial fungal infections among Italian Navy CadetsVito Ingordo
Department of Dermatology, Italian Navy Main Hospital M O Giulio Venticinque, Taranto, Italy
Dermatology 209:190-6. 2004..Limited studies on the prevalence and risk factors for superficial mycoses are available...
- The spectrum of fungal infections with a special reference to dermatophytoses in the capital area of Kuwait during 2000-2005: a retrospective analysisMostafa A Yehia
Department of Dermatology, Al Amiri Hospital, Ministry of Health, Ardyia Kuwait, P O Box 50, 92551, Safat, Kuwait
Mycopathologia 169:241-6. 2010..So, characterization by in vitro culture is required for appropriate diagnosis and treatment as well as to study the epidemiological characteristics in a region...
- Antifungal effects of hydrolysable tannins and related compounds on dermatophytes, mould fungi and yeastsK P Latté
Institut fur Pharmazie, Pharmazeutische Biologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Z Naturforsch C 55:467-72. 2000..hydrolysable tannins and related compounds was evaluated for antifungal activities against filamentous fungi (Epidermophyton floccosum; Microsporum canis; Microsporum gypseum; Trichophyton mentagrophytes; Trichophyton rubrum; ..
- Antimicrobial activity of iodoquinol 1%-hydrocortisone acetate 2% gel against ciclopirox and clotrimazoleBruce P Burnett
Primus Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, USA
Cutis 82:273-80. 2008..Trichophyton mentagrophytes, Malassezia furfur, Microsporum canis, Candida albicans, Trichophyton rubrum, or Epidermophyton floccosum...
- Antifungal activities of the essential oils in Syzygium aromaticum (L.) Merr. Et Perry and Leptospermum petersonii Bailey and their constituents against various dermatophytesMi Jin Park
Department of Forest Sciences, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Microbiol 45:460-5. 2007..Microsporum canis (KCTC 6591), Trichophyton mentagrophytes (KCTC 6077), Trichophyton rubrum (KCCM 60443), Epidermophyton floccosum (KCCM 11667), and Microsporum gypseum were evaluated using the agar diffusion method...
- Heat resistance of dermatophyte's conidiospores from athletes kits stored in Nigerian University Sport's CenterJ P Essien
Department of Microbiology, University of Uyo, P M B 1017, Uyo, Nigeria
Acta Microbiol Immunol Hung 56:71-9. 2009..b>Epidermophyton floccosum, Microsporum oudouinii, Microsporum canis, Trichophyton concentricum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes ..
- Updates on the epidemiology of dermatophyte infectionsClaus Seebacher
Formerly Dermatological Clinic of Dresden Friedrichstadt Municipal Hospital, Dresden, Germany
Mycopathologia 166:335-52. 2008..Before the Second World War in Germany, Microsporum audouinii and Epidermophyton floccosum ranked the first, whereas Trichophyton rubrum is the most common dermatophyte since the fifties of ..
- DNA microarray based on arrayed-primer extension technique for identification of pathogenic fungi responsible for invasive and superficial mycosesDaniele Campa
Dipartimento di Biologia, Sezione di Genetica, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 46:909-15. 2008..terreus), Trichophyton species (Trichophyton rubrum and Trichophyton tonsurans), Trichosporon cutaneum, Epidermophyton floccosum, Fusarium solani, Microsporum canis, Penicillium marneffei, and Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Etiologic agents of dermatophyte infection in LebanonGeorge F Araj
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, American University of Beirut, Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
J Med Liban 52:59-63. 2004..In our region, studies on the prevalence of dermatophytoses and the distribution of the various dermatophyte species involved are rare. In Lebanon, only one study was published on this subject over the last forty years...
- Epidemiology of dermatophytoses in Sfax, TunisiaSourour Neji
Laboratory of Parasitology Mycology, HU Habib Bourguiba Sfax, Sfax, Tunisia
Mycoses 52:534-8. 2009..5%), followed by T. violaceum (7.9%), T. mentagrophytes (7.5%), Microsporum canis (3.8%), Epidermophyton floccosum (0.7%) and T. verrucosum (0.54%). Other species were occasionally isolated: T. schoenleinii, T...
- Antidermatophyte activity of ether extract of Nigella sativa and its active principle, thymoquinoneSalih Hamad Mohamad Aljabre
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, King Faisal University, P O Box 10011, Dammam 31442, Saudi Arabia
J Ethnopharmacol 101:116-9. 2005..four species of Trichophyton rubrum and one each of Trichophyton interdigitale, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, Epidermophyton floccosum and Microsporum canis...
- [Dermatophytoses due to anthropophilic fungi in Cadiz, Spain, between 1997 and 2008]P García-Martos
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Puerta del Mar, Cadiz, Espana
Actas Dermosifiliogr 101:242-7. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine the incidence, epidemiology, etiology, and clinical course of the dermatophytoses caused by anthropophilic fungi in Cadiz, Spain, over the past 12 years...
- A prospective epidemiologic survey on the prevalence of onychomycosis and dermatophytosis in male boarding school residentsZulal Erbagci
Departments of Dermatology, Gazimuhtarpasa Bulvari Gecit 1 No 1 5, 27090 Gaziantep, Turkey
Mycopathologia 159:347-52. 2005..The most common fungal isolate was Trichophyton rubrum (76.6%) followed by Epidermophyton floccosum (11.6%), T. interdigitale (10.55%)...
- Prevalence and risk factors of tinea unguium and tinea pedis in the general population in SpainS Perea
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, University Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid 28041, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 38:3226-30. 2000..5%). Trichophyton rubrum (44.8%) and Trichophyton mentagrophytes (44.8%), followed by Epidermophyton floccosum (7%) and T. tonsurans (3.4%), were the organisms isolated from patients with tinea pedis...
- Prevalence of tinea capitis and tinea pedis in Barcelona schoolchildrenLaura Triviño-Duran
Experimental and Clinical Mycology Research Unit, IMIM IMAS, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:137-41. 2005..A second objective was to identify the etiologic agent to study the possibility of the introduction of foreign dermatophyte species and to evaluate the possibility of encountering healthy hosts...
- Common tinea infections in childrenMark D Andrews
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 1084, USA
Am Fam Physician 77:1415-20. 2008The common dermatophyte genera Trichophyton, Microsporum, and Epidermophyton are major causes of superficial fungal infections in children. These infections (e.g...
- The advantages of topical combination therapy in the treatment of inflammatory dermatomycosesBlanka Havlickova
Global Clinical Development, Intendis GmbH, Berlin, Germany
Mycoses 51:16-26. 2008..Caused by a range of Epidermophyton, Microsporum and Trichophyton species, dermatomycoses manifest on glabrous skin as 'ringworm', an annular ..
- Dermatophytes in republic of macedoniaA Starova
University Dermatology Clinic, Medical Faculty, Ss Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, R Macedonia
Prilozi 31:317-26. 2010..83%), Microsporum canis (20%), Trichophyton mentagrophytes var. interdigitale (16.83%), Epidermophyton floccosum (4.17%), Trichophyton verrucosum (3.83%), Trichophyton mentagrophytes var...
- Five-hour diagnosis of dermatophyte nail infections with specific detection of Trichophyton rubrumAnna Brillowska-Dabrowska
Unit of Mycology and Parasitology, Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 5, DK 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
J Clin Microbiol 45:1200-4. 2007..DNA from the following dermatophytes was used: Epidermophyton floccosum, Microsporum audouinii, Microsporum canis, Microsporum gypseum, Microsporum nanum, Trichophyton ..
- Dermatophytosis of children in KuwaitA S Al-Fouzan
Department of Dermatology, Al-Sabah Hospital, Kuwait
Pediatr Dermatol 9:27-30. 1992..5%) species, followed by Trichophyton violaceum, Microsporum audouinii, Trichophyton rubrum, and Epidermophyton floccosum. Rarely, other species were also isolated. Tinea capitis was the most common (73...
- A 7-year survey of dermatophytoses in Crete, GreeceSofia Maraki
Department of Clinical Bacteriology, Parasitology, Zoonoses and Geographical Medicine, University Hospital of Crete, Crete, Greece
Mycoses 50:481-4. 2007..9%), Trichophyton mentagrophytes var. interdigitale (14.2%) and Epidermophyton floccosum (6%)...
- Chitin synthase 1 (Chs1) gene sequences of Microsporum equinum and Trichophyton equinumR Kano
Department of Pathobiology, Nihon University School of Veterinary Medicine, 1866, Kameino, Fujisawa, 252 8510, Kanagawa, Japan
Vet Microbiol 78:85-90. 2001..fulvum, A. grubyi, A. gypseum, A. incruvatum, A. otae, A. simii, A. vanbreuseghemii, Epidermophyton floccosum, T. mentagrophytes var. interdigitale (T. interdigitale), T. rubrum and T. violaceum...
- Mono- and sesquiterpenes and antifungal constituents from Artemisia speciesR X Tan
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Nanjing University, People s Republic of China
Planta Med 65:64-7. 1999..niger, Geotrichun candidum, Trichophyton rubrum, and Epidermophyton floccosum. Umbelliferone was also active against Candida tropicalis, A. flavus, G. candidum, T. rubrum, and E...
- Ultraviolet C inactivation of dermatophytes: implications for treatment of onychomycosisT Dai
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Br J Dermatol 158:1239-46. 2008..Topical application of germicidal ultraviolet (UV) C radiation may be an acceptable and effective therapy for infected nails...
- Onychomycosis in children: a survey of 46 casesC Romano
Department of Dermatology, University of Siena, Italy
Mycoses 48:430-7. 2005..Dermatophytes were isolated in 30 cases (Trichophyton rubrum in 22 cases, Trichophyton mentagrophytes in five, Epidermophyton floccosum in two and Trichophyton violaceum in one) and Candida spp...
- Chemical composition and biological assays of essential oils of Calamintha nepeta (L.) Savi subsp. nepeta (Lamiaceae)B Marongiu
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Cittadella Universitaria di Monserrato, 09042 Cagliari, Italy
Nat Prod Res 24:1734-42. 2010..neoformans, Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, Microsporum canis, Microsporum gypseum, Epidermophyton floccosum, Aspergillus niger, Aspergillus fumigatus and Aspergillus flavus...
- Phylogeny and taxonomy of the family Arthrodermataceae (dermatophytes) using sequence analysis of the ribosomal ITS regionY Graser
Institute of Microbiology and Hygiene, Department of Dermatology, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Med Mycol 37:105-14. 1999..Phylogenetic analysis showed that the two known members of the genus Epidermophyton grouped widely apart from each other...
- Antifungal activity of Eugenia umbelliflora against dermatophytesKarina E Machado
Programa de Mestrado em Ciências Farmacêuticas CCS Universidade do Vale do Itajaí UNIVALI, Rua Uruguai, 458, 88 302 202, Itajai, SC, Brazil
Nat Prod Commun 4:1181-4. 2009..and compound 2 (betulin and betulinic acid) presented selective antifungal activity against dermatophytes (Epidermophyton floccosum, Microsporum canis, Microsporum gypseum, Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes), with MIC ..
- Study of solar photosensitization processes on dermatophytic fungiSalama A Ouf
Botany Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza 12613, Egypt
Acta Microbiol Pol 52:65-79. 2003..b>Epidermophyton floccosum, T. rubrum, M. gypseum and T...
- [Tinea capitis]N Rebollo
Departamento de Dermatologia, Hospital General Dr Manuel Gea Gonzalez, Mexico DF
Actas Dermosifiliogr 99:91-100. 2008..It can be caused by any pathogenic dermatophyte except for Epidermophyton floccosum and Trichophyton concentricum...
- In vitro activity of Citrus bergamia (bergamot) oil against clinical isolates of dermatophytesM Sanguinetti
Institute of Microbiology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart Rome, Italy
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:305-8. 2007..In this study, the activities of bergamot natural essence and its furocoumarin-free and distilled extracts on dermatophytes such as Trichophyton, Microsporum and Epidermophyton species were investigated.
- Identification of dermatophytes by an oligonucleotide arrayHsin Chieh Li
Department of Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, 1 University Road, Tainan 701, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Clin Microbiol 45:3160-6. 2007Species of dermatophytes are classified into three anamorphic (asexual) genera, Epidermophyton, Microsporum, and Trichophyton...
- Evaluation of a single-tube real-time PCR for detection and identification of 11 dermatophyte species in clinical materialA M C Bergmans
Laboratory of Medical Microbiology, Franciscus Hospital, Roosendaal, The Netherlands
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:704-10. 2010..of 11 clinically relevant species within the three dermatophyte genera Trichophyton, Microsporum and Epidermophyton in nail, skin and hair samples within a few hours...
- Rapid identification and differentiation of Trichophyton species, based on sequence polymorphisms of the ribosomal internal transcribed spacer regions, by rolling-circle amplificationFanrong Kong
Centre for Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, Westmead Hospital, Darcy Road, Westmead, New South Wales 2145, Australia
J Clin Microbiol 46:1192-9. 2008..mentagrophytes, T. soudanense, T. tonsurans, Epidermophyton floccosum, Microsporum canis, and M...
- NB-002, a novel nanoemulsion with broad antifungal activity against dermatophytes, other filamentous fungi, and Candida albicansJ Pannu
NanoBio Corporation, 2311 Green Road, Suite A, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3273-9. 2009..major dermatophytes responsible for cutaneous infections, Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, Epidermophyton floccosum, and Microsporum spp., as well as 12 other genera of filamentous fungi...
- Evaluation of microdilution and disk diffusion methods for antifungal susceptibility testing of dermatophytesJagpal Singh
Mycology Section, Mediprobe Research Inc, London, Ontario, Canada N5X 2P1
Med Mycol 45:595-602. 2007..mentagrophytes (16), T. tonsurans (20), T. violaceum (2), Microsporum canis (7), and Epidermophyton floccosum (2)) were tested for their in vitro susceptibility to a range of antifungal drugs using disk ..
- Itraconazole pulse therapy in the treatment of disto-lateral subungual onychomycosisShahbaz Aman
Department of Dermatology, KEMC Mayo Hospital, Lahore
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 13:618-20. 2003..To assess the efficacy of itraconazole pulse therapy in disto-lateral subungual onychomycosis...
- Tinea pedis observed in Cagliari, Italy, between 1996 and 2000N Aste
Department of Dermatology, University of Cagliary, Cagliari, Italy
Mycoses 46:38-41. 2003..5%), followed by Trichophyton rubrum (45.2%) and Epidermophyton floccosum (3.3%)...
- Mycological flora of the Hammams, traditional Turkish bathNadir Goksugur
Department of Dermatology, Izzet Baysal University, 14280 Golkoy, Bolu, Turkey
Mycoses 49:411-4. 2006..rubrum, T. mentagrophytes, Epidermophyton floccosum, Candida albicans and C. tropicalis were isolated...
- Molecular phylogeny and taxonomy of medically important fungiG S de Hoog
Centraalbureau voor Schimmelcultures, Baarn, The Netherlands
Med Mycol 36:52-6. 1998..In the dermatophytes, Trichophyton and Microsporum are paraphyletic, whereas Epidermophyton is polyphyletic...
- Prevalence of tinea pedis, tinea unguium of toenails and tinea capitis in school children from BarcelonaMeritxell Perez-Gonzalez
Unitat de Recerca en Malalties Infeccioses i Micologia URMIM, IMIM, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Iberoam Micol 26:228-32. 2009..To evaluate the prevalence of tinea capitis, tinea pedis, and tinea unguium in children from several schools of Barcelona city...
- Antifungal activity of Heterothalamus alienus metabolitesAdriana del V Pacciaroni
Departamento de Quimica Organica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, 5000 Cordoba, Argentina, IMBIV CONICET
Phytother Res 22:524-8. 2008..Compound 2 showed moderate activity, with Epidermophyton floccosum being the most susceptible species (MIC = 100 microg/mL); compound 3 showed the best antifungal ..
- Ganoderma lucidum: a source for novel bioactive lectinVinay U Girjal
PG Department of Biochemistry, Kuvempu University Jnana Sahyadri, Shankaraghatta Shivamogga 577 451 Karnataka, India
Protein Pept Lett 18:1150-7. 2011..pathogens Fusarium oxysporium, Penicillium chrysogenum, Aspergillus Niger, Colletotrichum musae, Botrytis cinerea, Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton tonsurans, Trichophyton interdigitale, Epidermophyton floccosum and Microsporum canis.
- Dermatophyte infections in Cairo, EgyptS M Zaki
Microbiology Department, Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University, Abbassia 11566, Cairo, Egypt
Mycopathologia 167:133-7. 2009..09%), Trichophyton rubrum (6.2%), and Microsporum boullardii (0.49%); both Epidermophyton floccosum and Trichophyton tonsurans were each only rarely isolated (0.24%).
- Dermatophytes can trigger cooperative (CAMP-like) haemolytic reactionsP Schaufuss
Serumwerk Memsen WDT, Memsen 13, 27318 Hoyerhagen, Germany
Br J Dermatol 153:584-90. 2005..Erythrocyte haemolysis is a model commonly used to study membrane-damaging effects of microbial factors. Cooperative (CAMP-like) haemolytic reactions are known from distinct bacteria, but not from dermatophytes and bacteria...
- Broad spectrum herbal therapy against superficial fungal infectionsS K Shahi
Botany Department, University of Allahabad, India
Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol 13:60-4. 2000..0 microl/ml against human pathogenic fungi, viz. Epidermophyton floccosum, Microsporum audouinii, M. canis, M. gypseum, M. nanum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, T. rubrum, T...
- Association between sensitization to Aureobasidium pullulans (Pullularia sp) and severity of asthmaMarek Niedoszytko
Department of Allergology, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 98:153-6. 2007..Recent data indicate that fungi may contribute to increased severity of asthma...
- Epidemiological trends in skin mycoses worldwideBlanka Havlickova
Global Clinical Development, Intendis GmbH, Berlin, Germany
Mycoses 51:2-15. 2008..Microsporum (M.) and Epidermophyton (E.)...
- Anti dermatophytic activity of Azardirachta indica (neem) by invitro studyV Natarajan
Departments of Microbiology and Dermatology, Rajah Muthiah Medical College, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 45:311-3. 2002..such as Trichophyton ruberum, Trichophyton, Mentagrophytes, Trichophyton violaceum, Microsporum nanum and Epidermophyton floccosum by tube dilution technique...
- Inhibitory effect of linalool-rich essential oil from Lippia alba on the peptidase and keratinase activities of dermatophytesDanielle Cristina Machado Costa
Instituto de Microbiologia Paulo de Góes, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 29:12-7. 2014..alba EO were 39, 156 and 312 µg/mL against Trichophyton rubrum, Epidermophyton floccosum and Microsporum gypseum, respectively. To evaluate the influence of L...
- A double-blind randomized comparative trial: eberconazole 1% cream versus clotrimazole 1% cream twice daily in Candida and dermatophyte skin infectionsA Del Palacio
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Carretera de Andalucia, Km 5 4, E 28041, Madrid, Spain
Mycoses 44:173-80. 2001..One patient treated with eberconazole cream (1%) had a premature termination due to adverse events attributable to the medication...
- Atypical Microsporum canis variant in an immunosuppressed childWaltraud Anemüller
University Clinic Schleswig Holstein, Clinic for Dermatology, Allergology and Venerology, Lubeck, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 6:473-5. 2008..The morphology of the culture first suggested Epidermophyton floccosum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes var...
- Molecular epidemiology of dermatophytosis in Tehran, Iran, a clinical and microbial surveyAli Rezaei-Matehkolaei
Department of Medical Mycology, School of Medicine, Ahvaz Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences, Ahvaz, Iran
Med Mycol 51:203-7. 2013..2%). Trichophyton interdigitale was the most common isolate (40.5%) followed by T. rubrum (34.75%), Epidermophyton floccosum (15.6%), Microsporum canis (3.9%), T. tonsurans (3.5 %) and M. gypseum (0.5%)...
- Overproduction and biological activity of prodigiosin-like pigments from recombinant fusant of endophytic marine Streptomyces speciesAhmed M A El-Bondkly
Department of Genetics and Cytology, National Research Centre, Dokki, Giza, Egypt
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 102:719-34. 2012..cancer cell lines: colon cancer cell line (HCT-116), liver cancer cell line (HEPG-2) and breast cancer cell line (MCF-7) and antimycotic activity against clinical dermatophyte isolates of Trichophyton, Microsporum and Epidermophyton.
- A clinico-epidemiological study on tinea gladiatorum in Iranian wrestlers and mat contamination by dermatophytesMohammad Reza Aghamirian
Medical Parasitology and Mycology Department, Qazvin University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Qazvin, Iran
Mycoses 54:248-53. 2011..Dermatophytosis is still being considered as one of the major public health problems in wrestlers...
- Comparison of trypsin treatment method and standard laboratory technique for diagnosis of dermatomycosisImmaculata Xess
Department of Microbiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 35:396-8. 2004..Trypsin treatment increased the isolation of fungi from clinical samples, and neutral red staining was able to distinguish viable fungal elements...
- Dermatophyte agents in the city of São Paulo, from 1992 to 2002Patricia Augusta Vianna Chinelli
Department of Dermatology, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Av Dr Enéas Carvalho de Aguiar 255, 3rd Floor, 05403 900 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 45:259-63. 2003..9%), Trichophyton tonsurans (13.8%), Trichophyton mentagrophytes (9.7%), Epidermophyton floccosum (4.1%), and Microsporum gypseum (2.5%)...
- Single-step PCR using (GACA)4 primer: utility for rapid identification of dermatophyte species and strainsAtef S Shehata
Microbiology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Suez Canal University, Ismailia, Egypt
J Clin Microbiol 46:2641-5. 2008Dermatophytes are fungi that belong to three genera: Epidermophyton, Microsporum, and Trichophyton. Identification of dermatophyte species is essential for appropriate diagnosis and treatment of dermatophytosis...
- Dermatophyte infections in patients attending a tertiary care hospital in northern ItalySara Asticcioli
Department of Morphological, Eidological and Clinical Sciences, Section of Microbiology, University of Pavia, Italy
New Microbiol 31:543-8. 2008..mentagrophytes (14.5%) and M. gypseum (9.2%). Less frequently isolated were Epidermophyton floccosum and T. violaceum...
- Is moderation of protease production an adaptation of well-defined anthropization in dermatophytes?S Gokulshankar
Faculty of Medicine, AIMST University, Malaysia
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 53:87-92. 2010..Trichophyton rubrum, T. mentagrophytes, T. tonsurans, T. violaceum and Epidermophyton floccosum recorded reduced protease activity during artificially induced sporulation phase in comparison to ..
- Historic topics on classification of Trichophyton mentagrophytes complexRui Kano
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Nihon University School of Veterinary Medicine
Med Mycol J 55:J73-7. 2014..granulosum, T. lacticolor and 3 species) and niveum type (T. radians and T. denticulatum). Thereafter, Epidermophyton simii Pinoy, 1912 and T. interdigitale Priestly, 1917 were reported. These species were classified as T...
- Novel, single-dose, topical treatment of tinea pedis using terbinafine: results of a dose-finding clinical trialMartine Feuilhade de Chauvin
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Mycoses 51:1-6. 2008..Terbinafine 1% FFS is an effective, safe dose for the treatment of tinea pedis. This novel product represents a significant advance with the enhanced compliance and convenience that it offers...
- Isotopic response of fungal granuloma following facial herpes zoster infections - report of three casesChing Wen Huang
Department of Dermatology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Dermatol 46:1141-5. 2007..An isotopic response is the occurrence of a new skin disease at the site of another unrelated, healed skin disorder...
- A 5-year survey of dermatomycoses in southwest Poland, years 2003-2007Alina Jankowska-Konsur
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology, Medical University of Wroclaw, Wroclaw, Poland
Mycoses 54:162-7. 2011..mentagrophytes (9.0%), Trichophyton tonsurans (6.8%), Microsporum canis (5.1%) and Epidermophyton floccosum (2.7%). Among the yeast-like fungi, a marked predominance of Candida species was observed (86.3%)...
- Activity of TDT 067 (terbinafine in Transfersome) against agents of onychomycosis, as determined by minimum inhibitory and fungicidal concentrationsMahmoud Ghannoum
Center for Medical Mycology, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Clin Microbiol 49:1716-20. 2011..mentagrophytes, and Epidermophyton floccosum were determined according to the CLSI M38-A2 susceptibility method (2008)...
- Composition and antifungal activity of the essential oil of Mentha cervina from PortugalM J Gonçalves
Laboratório de Farmacognosia CEF, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade de Coimbra, 3000 295 Coimbra, Portugal
Nat Prod Res 21:867-71. 2007..of the sample containing lower amounts of pulegone was the highest for dermatophytes, particularly for Epidermophyton floccosum with MIC and MLC values of 0.63 microL mL( - 1)...
- Epidemiology of dermatophytoses in a rural community in Eastern Nigeria and review of literature from AfricaAda C Ngwogu
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, P M B 5323, University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Mycopathologia 164:149-58. 2007..2% and 21.6%, respectively. Others include Trichophyton mentagrophytes (18.8%), Epidermophyton floccosum (8.3%), Microsporum audouinii (6.4%), Microsporum gypseum (6.0%), Trichophyton rubrum (5...
- [Resistance to azolic compounds in clinical Trichophyton spp. strains]Luis Javier Méndez-Tovar
Laboratorio de Investigación Médica en Dermatología y Micología Dr Ernesto Macotela, Hospital de Especialidades Dr Bernardo Sepúlveda, UMAE Centro Médico Nacional Siglo XXI, IMSS, Mexico D F, Mexico
Rev Iberoam Micol 24:320-2. 2007..It is important to establish the antifungal susceptibility as part of the study procedures in patients with dermatophytosis and a poor antifungal response...
- Tinea incognito in Italy: a 15-year surveyC Romano
Institute of Dermatological Sciences, University of Siena, Via Monte Santo 3, 53100 Siena, Italy
Mycoses 49:383-7. 2006..In order of decreasing frequency, Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, Epidermophyton floccosum, Microsporum canis, Microsporum gypseum, Trichophyton violaceum and Trichophyton erinacei were ..
- Efficacy of topical griseofulvin in treatment of tinea corporisMohamed A A Kassem
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Mycoses 49:232-5. 2006..Griseofulvin is a classical oral fungistatic antibiotic, active against Epidermophyton floccosum, Trichophyton and Microsporum species, the causative fungi of tinea corporis...
- Constituents of the Argentinian medicinal plant Baccharis grisebachii and their antimicrobial activityGabriela Egly Feresin
Instituto de Ciencias Básicas, Universidad Nacional de San Juan, Av José Ignacio de La Roza 230 O, C P 5400, San Juan, Argentina
J Ethnopharmacol 89:73-80. 2003..3-Prenyl-p-coumaric acid and 3,5-diprenyl-p-coumaric acid were active towards Epidermophyton floccosum and Trichophyton rubrum with MICs of 50 and 100-125 microg/ml, respectively...
- Ultraviolet-C Therapy for OnychomycosisMICHAEL HAMBLIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..rubrum, T. mentagrophytes, and Epidermophyton floccosum...
- MECHANISM OF IL-12 INHIBITION BY CANDIDA ALBICANSMahmoud Ghannoum; Fiscal Year: 2009..Data obtained from these studies will lead to a better understanding of the complex immune response to CA infection and may identify novel prevention/treatment strategies for candidiasis. ..
- Biology and Drug Resistance of Candida BiofilmsMahmoud Ghannoum; Fiscal Year: 2005..albicans biofilms. By studying biofilm model systems and applying this knowledge to the patient population, we will gain a wealth of data about the biology and drug resistance of C. albicans in biofilms. ..