Summary: A species of STAPHYLOCOCCUS found on the skin of humans (and non-human primates), often causing hospital-acquired infections (CROSS INFECTION).
Publications185 found, 100 shown here
- Heterogeneous resistance to vancomycin in Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus warneri clinical strains: characterisation of glycopeptide susceptibility profiles and cell wall thickeningAna Paula Ferreira Nunes
Departamento de Microbiologia Medica, Instituto de Microbiologia, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Int J Antimicrob Agents 27:307-15. 2006..by transmission electron microscopy (TEM) were used to characterise Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus warneri clinical strains with reduced susceptibility to glycopeptides...
- In vitro activity of daptomycin and tigecycline against coagulase-negative staphylococcus blood isolates from bone marrow transplant recipientsChristina Kratzer
Department of Medicine I, Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Diseases, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Haematol 79:405-9. 2007..This study presents the in vitro activity of daptomycin and tigecycline compared to vancomycin and fosfomycin against 105 CNS isolated from 76 bone marrow transplant patients with symptomatic bacteremia...
- Biofilm formation by Staphylococcus haemolyticusElizabeth Gladys Aarag Fredheim
Department of Pediatrics, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
J Clin Microbiol 47:1172-80. 2009..b>Staphylococcus haemolyticus is the second most frequently isolated CoNS from patients with hospital-acquired infections...
- High prevalence of mec complex C and ccrC is independent of SCCmec type V in Staphylococcus haemolyticusO Bouchami
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica, Oeiras, Portugal
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 31:605-14. 2012b>Staphylococcus haemolyticus is one of the most clinically relevant coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS), particularly in immunocompromised patients; however, little is known regarding its molecular epidemiology...
- Genomic characterization of oxacillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolated from Brazilian medical centresA P F Nunes
Departamento de Microbiologia Medica, Instituto de Microbiologia, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Hosp Infect 59:19-26. 2005..study evaluated the clonal diversity of oxacillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis (ORSE) and Staphylococcus haemolyticus (ORSH) strains, isolated from patients in nine Brazilian medical centres by using pulsed-field gel ..
- Staphylococcus haemolyticus as an important hospital pathogen and carrier of methicillin resistance genesE M Barros
Departamento de Microbiologia Medica, Instituto de Microbiologia Paulo de Góes, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 50:166-8. 2012..and molecular methods were used to characterize the antibiotic resistance of 64 clinical isolates of Staphylococcus haemolyticus. By PCR of the mecA gene, 87% were found to be methicillin resistant...
- The origin of a methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolate at a neonatal ward in Sweden-possible horizontal transfer of a staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec between methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus aureusC Berglund
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:1048-56. 2008..aureus cell. The SCCmec elements are common among the coagulase-negative staphylococci, e.g. Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and these are considered to be potential SCCmec donors when new clones of MRSA arise...
- Outbreak of linezolid-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus in an Italian intensive care unitA Mazzariol
Department of Pathology and Diagnostics, University of Verona, Strada Le Grazie, 8, 37134, Verona, Italy
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 31:523-7. 2012We report an outbreak of linezolid-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains (MIC 32 mg/L) in patients admitted to the Verona University Hospital Intensive Care Unit...
- Analysis of Staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec in Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus sciuri: identification of a novel ccr gene complex with a newly identified ccrA allotype (ccrA7)Noriko Urushibara
Department of Hygiene, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Microb Drug Resist 17:291-7. 2011..In this study, we analyzed genetic diversity of the SCCmec in 11 Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains and a Staphylococcus sciuri strain, which were recently isolated from clinical specimens in ..
- Teicoplanin use and emergence of Staphylococcus haemolyticus: is there a link?M Falcone
Clin Microbiol Infect 12:96-7. 2006
- Methicillin-resistant staphylococcal bacteremia in patients with hematologic malignancies: clinical and microbiological retrospective comparative analysis of S. haemolyticus, S. epidermidis and S. aureusM Falcone
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Policlinico Umberto I, Universita La Sapienza, Roma, Italy
J Chemother 16:540-8. 2004Although Staphylococcus haemolyticus (SH) represents an emerging etiology of methicillin-resistant (MR) coagulase-negative staphylococcal nosocomial bacteremia, little is known of clinical significance of this infection...
- Whole-genome sequencing of staphylococcus haemolyticus uncovers the extreme plasticity of its genome and the evolution of human-colonizing staphylococcal speciesFumihiko Takeuchi
Department of Microbiology and Infection Control Science, Juntendo University, Tokyo, Japan
J Bacteriol 187:7292-308. 2005b>Staphylococcus haemolyticus is an opportunistic bacterial pathogen that colonizes human skin and is remarkable for its highly antibiotic-resistant phenotype. We determined the complete genome sequence of S...
- Structural and biological characterization of a capsular polysaccharide produced by Staphylococcus haemolyticusSigrid Flahaut
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Bacteriol 190:1649-57. 2008The DNA sequence of the genome of Staphylococcus haemolyticus JCSC1435 revealed a putative capsule operon composed of 13 genes in tandem...
- Staphylococcus hemolyticus liver abscess as an uncommon presentation of silent colonic cancer: a case reportSusanna Gamberini
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:1619-20. 2006
- In vitro activity of antimicrobial agents against oxacillin resistant staphylococci with special reference to Staphylococcus haemolyticusA Chaudhury
Department of Microbiology, SV University of Medical Sciences, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 25:50-2. 2007..aureus and CoNS in India. Vancomycin, along with the newer agents like linezolid and quinupristin/dalfopristin remains the drug of choice for treating multi drug resistant staphylococcal infections...
- Staphylococcus haemolyticus endocarditis: clinical and microbiologic analysis of 4 casesMarco Falcone
Department of Clinical Medicine, Policlinico Umberto I, University of Rome La Sapienza, 00185 Rome, Italy
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 57:325-31. 2007Only 3 cases of infective endocarditis (IE) due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus (MRSH) have been reported in English literature. Here we report 4 cases of IE due to MRSH encountered in a single university hospital...
- Staphylococcus haemolyticus prophage ΦSH2 endolysin relies on cysteine, histidine-dependent amidohydrolases/peptidases activity for lysis 'from without'Mathias Schmelcher
ANRI, Agricultural Research Service, US Department of Agriculture, 10300 Baltimore Avenue, Building 230, BARC East, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
J Biotechnol 162:289-98. 2012..The endolysin of prophage ΦSH2 of Staphylococcus haemolyticus strain JCSC1435 (ΦSH2 lysin) is a peptidoglycan hydrolase consisting of two catalytic domains (CHAP ..
- Diversity of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec structures in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains among outpatients from four countriesEtienne Ruppe
Laboratoire Associé CNR Résistance Dans les Flores Commensales, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:442-9. 2009..Ninety-six MR-CoNS strains, comprising 75 (78%) Staphylococcus epidermidis strains, 19 (20%) Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains, 1 (1%) Staphylococcus hominis strain, and 1 (1%) Staphylococcus cohnii strain, were analyzed...
- Properties of recombinant Staphylococcus haemolyticus cystathionine beta-lyase (metC) and its potential role in the generation of volatile thiols in axillary malodorMyriam Troccaz
Firmenich SA, Corporate R and D Division, P O Box 239, CH 1211 Geneva 8
Chem Biodivers 5:2372-85. 2008..cloning and characterization of the metC-cystathionine beta-lyase from the axillary-isolated strain Staphylococcus haemolyticus AX3, in order to determine its activity and its involvement in amino acid biosynthesis, and in the ..
- Core genome conservation of Staphylococcus haemolyticus limits sequence based population structure analysisJorunn Pauline Cavanagh
Pediatric Research Group, Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
J Microbiol Methods 89:159-66. 2012The notoriously multi-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus is an emerging pathogen causing serious infections in immunocompromised patients...
- Isolation and molecular characterization of multiresistant Staphylococcus sciuri and Staphylococcus haemolyticus associated with skin and soft-tissue infectionsAdebayo Shittu
School of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Durban Westville, Durban 4000, Republic of South Africa
J Med Microbiol 53:51-5. 2004The isolation, molecular identification and genotyping of multiresistant Staphylococcus sciuri and Staphylococcus haemolyticus from skin and soft-tissue infections are reported...
- Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus: methicillin-resistant isolates are detected directly in blood cultures by multiplex PCREliezer M Pereira
Laboratório de Infecções Hospitalares, Departamento de Microbiologia Medica, Instituto de Microbiologia, Cidade Universitária Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Microbiol Res 165:243-9. 2010..methodology using specific primers to identify Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus and their methicillin-resistance directly from blood cultures...
- A lectin (CfLec-2) aggregating Staphylococcus haemolyticus from scallop Chlamys farreriPeilin Zheng
Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao 266071, China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 24:286-93. 2008..The recombinant CfLec-2 (rCfLec-2) protein exhibited aggregative activity toward Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and the agglutination could be inhibited by d-mannose but not EDTA or d-galactose, indicating that ..
- A new evolutionary variant of the streptogramin A resistance protein, Vga(A)LC, from Staphylococcus haemolyticus with shifted substrate specificity towards lincosamidesG Novotna
Institute of Microbiology AVCR, Videnska 1083, 14420 Prague, Czech Republic
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:4070-6. 2006We found a new variant of the streptogramin A resistance gene, vga(A)LC, in clinical isolates of Staphylococcus haemolyticus resistant to lincomycin and clindamycin but susceptible to erythromycin and in which no relevant lincosamide ..
- Survey of extreme solvent tolerance in gram-positive cocci: membrane fatty acid changes in Staphylococcus haemolyticus grown in tolueneLindsey E Nielsen
School of Biological Sciences, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68588 0666, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:5171-6. 2005We exploited the unique ecological niche of oil fly larval guts to isolate a strain of Staphylococcus haemolyticus which may be the most solvent-tolerant gram-positive bacterium yet described...
- Organization of the antiseptic resistance gene qacA and Tn552-related beta-lactamase genes in multidrug- resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains of animal and human originsI L Anthonisen
Department of Pharmacology, Microbiology, and Food Hygiene, The Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, 0033 Oslo MATFORSK, Norwegian Food Research Institute, N 1430 As, Norway
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3606-12. 2002..genes of Tn552, the disinfectant resistance gene qacA, and flanking DNA has been cloned from a Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolate and sequenced...
- Characterization of coagulase-negative staphylococcal isolates from blood with reduced susceptibility to glycopeptides and therapeutic optionsSilvia Natoli
Intensive Care Unit, Department of Surgery, Tor Vergata University of Rome, Rome, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 9:83. 2009..The aim of this study was to characterize CoNS with reduced susceptibility to glycopeptides causing blood stream infection (BSI) in critically ill and haematology patients at the University Hospital Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy, in 2007...
- Effects of growth in the presence of subinhibitory concentrations of dicloxacillin on Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus biofilmsNuno Cerca
Centro de Engenharia Biólogica, Universidade do Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4710 Braga, Portugal
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:8677-82. 2005..and whereas in Staphylococcus epidermidis there were decreases in the oxygen and nitrogen contents, in Staphylococcus haemolyticus there were increases in these two parameters...
- Distribution of the ACME-arcA gene among meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus and identification of a novel ccr allotype in ACME-arcA-positive isolatesBorui Pi
State Key Laboratory for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Disease, First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310003, PR China
J Med Microbiol 58:731-6. 2009..of ACME (arginine catabolic mobile element)-arcA-positive isolates among meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus (MRSH). ACME-arcA, native arcA and SCCmec elements were detected by PCR...
- Early bacterial keratitis after laser-assisted subepithelial keratectomyOlivier Laplace
Quinze Vingts National Center of Ophthalmology, Paris, France
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:2638-40. 2004..Culture was positive for Staphylococcus haemolyticus. The infiltrate slowly resolved with topical antibiotics, and the best corrected visual acuity improved ..
- Clinical significance of coagulase-negative staphylococci recovered from nonsterile sitesThean Yen Tan
Laboratory Medicine Services, Changi General Hospital, 2 Simei Street 3, Singapore, 529889
J Clin Microbiol 44:3413-4. 2006..There were species-related differences in virulence, with 91% of Staphylococcus lugdunensis isolates clinically significant compared with 11% of S. haemolyticus isolates...
- [Retroperitoneal abscess in a man with severe necrotizing pancreatitis]S Ciesek
Abteilung Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie und Endokrinologie Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 131:1937-40. 2006..After this intervention the patient}s condition rapidly improved, inflammatory parameters normalized and the retroperitoneal abscess gradually resolved...
- [Adhesion dependence of coagulase-negative staphylococci to biomaterials and PIA polysaccharide synthesis on icaADBC operon presence]Marzenna Bartoszewicz
Zakład Mikrobiologii Akademii Medycznej we Wrocławiu
Med Dosw Mikrobiol 56:225-30. 2004Both Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus are important causes of infections associated with catheters and other medical devices. This infections result in significant morbidity, mortality and economic cost...
- Linezolid therapy of bloodborne teicoplanin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticusI Mohammedi
Infection 34:292-3. 2006
- Antimicrobial efficacy of a new antibiotic-loaded poly(hydroxybutyric-co-hydroxyvaleric acid) controlled release systemShawn Rossi
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, 935 Ramsey Lake Road, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada P3E 2C6
J Antimicrob Chemother 54:1013-8. 2004..There is a need for improved antibiotic delivery systems in the treatment of orthopaedic infections and here we have evaluated polyhydroxyalkanoate formulations for their suitability as a constant delivery system for gentamicin...
- Comparative evaluation of coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS) adherence to acrylic by a static method and a parallel-plate flow dynamic methodNuno Cerca
Centro de Engenharia Biólogica, Universidade do Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
Res Microbiol 155:755-60. 2004..was to evaluate the adhesion to acrylic of several clinical strains of Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus using both static and dynamic adhesion methods, and to compare the results obtained with these two ..
- Rapid detection of methicillin resistance in teicoplanin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci by a penicillin-binding protein 2' latex agglutination methodMárta Knausz
Clinical Microbiology, Aladár Petz County Teaching Hospital, 13 Zrinyi Street, 9024, Gyor, Hungary
J Microbiol Methods 60:413-6. 2005..The latex test demonstrated high sensitivity and specificity for detecting methicillin resistance in coagulase-negative staphylococci after PBP2' induction with oxacillin...
- Applications of LightCycler Staphylococcus M-GRADE assay to detect Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci in clinical blood samples and in blood culture bottlesM C Liberto
Institute of Microbiology, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
Infez Med 14:71-6. 2006..33% sensitivity and 100% specificity was observed for detecting CoNS directly in blood clinical specimens...
- Reiter's syndrome and pelvic inflammatory disease in a coupleA B Serwin
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:735-6. 2006
- Persistence of multidrug-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus in an animal veterinary teaching hospital clinicMaan Singh Sidhu
Department of Food Safety and Infection Biology, The Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo, Norway
Microb Drug Resist 13:271-80. 2007..At samplings separated by 3 years, multidrug-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus was isolated from the floor of four separate animal cages and from a cat's postoperative wound ..
- [Staphylococcus haemolyticus with reduced susceptibility to vancomycin isolated from a patient with neonatal meningitis in a Mexican medical facility]Jesús Reyna-Figueroa
Departamento de Infectología e Inmunologfa Perinatal, Instituto Nacional de Perinatología Dr Isidro Espinosa de los Reyes, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Gac Med Mex 143:163-5. 2007..This is the first report of heterogeneous resistance to vancomycin in Mexico and an early warning for the possible emergence of vancomycin resistance among coagulase-negative staphylococcus in our country...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility, biochemical and genetic profiles of Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains isolated from the bloodstream of patients hospitalized in critical care unitsG Raponi
Dipartimento di Scienze di Sanità Pubblica G Sanarelli, Universita La Sapienza
J Chemother 17:264-9. 2005b>Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains (n=20), responsible of blood stream infections, were consecutively isolated from patients hospitalized in two different wards at high risk of infection...
- Bilateral adrenocortical uptake of Ga-67 SPECT during septicemia in a heart transplant patientFrancisco José Pena
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, Universidad de Cantabria, Santander, Spain
Clin Nucl Med 30:349-50. 2005..Only one similar case, septicemia with transient adrenal uptake of gallium, has been previously reported...
- Differential regulation of Th1/Th2 in relevant tissues for sepsis pathogenesis with a Limulus anti-LPS factor-derived peptide increases survival in Gram-positive sepsisMaribel G Vallespi
Division of Physics and Chemistry, Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, P O Box 6162, Avenue 31 e 158 y 190, Cubanacan, Playa, La Havana, CP 10600, Cuba
Int Immunopharmacol 4:1343-51. 2004..Mice challenged with a high dose of Staphylococcus haemolyticus showed severe damage in lung...
- Multiplex PCR assay to identify methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticusRicardo P Schuenck
Department of Medical Microbiology, Institute of Microbiology, Rio de Janeiro Federal University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 52:431-5. 2008b>Staphylococcus haemolyticus is the most frequently coagulase-negative Staphylococcus species associated with antimicrobial resistance isolated from nosocomial infections...
- In vitro activity of daptomycin against methicillin- and multi-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus invasive isolates carrying different mec complexesFloriana Campanile
Department of Microbiology, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 61:227-31. 2008Fifty methicillin and multi-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus (MRSH) strains, were tested against daptomycin and comparators...
- Use of drotrecorgin alfa--recombinant activated human protein C in treatment of septic shock in the course of therapy for nephrolithiasisJadwiga Biernacka
Chair and 1st Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Medical University of Lublin, Poland
Med Sci Monit 9:CS25-8. 2003..Septic shock is the most dangerous complication of nephrolithiasis management utilizing percutaneous methods...
- In vitro combined bactericidal activity of cefpirome and glycopeptides against glycopeptides and oxacillin-resistant staphylococciM Bergeret
Service Microbiologie, Hopital Saint Vincent de Paul, 82, Avenue Denfert Rochereau 75014, Universite Paris V, Paris, France
Int J Antimicrob Agents 23:247-53. 2004..125-1 x MIC) acted synergically against 12 isolates over 18 h in most cases. A synergistic killing effect was also observed with the Mu3 and Mu50 strains of glycopeptide-intermediate S. aureus but over a longer period...
- [Composition of AME encoding gene in Gram positive Cocci--study on spread of aminoglycoside resistance]Tomasz Jarzembowski
Katedra i Zakład Mikrobiologii Lekarskiej, Akademia Medyczna w Gdansku
Med Dosw Mikrobiol 55:303-8. 2003....
- [Prevalence of AA(6')-APH(2")Ia gene among high-level aminoglycoside resistant Enterococci and Staphylococci]Tomasz Jarzembowski
Katedra i Zakład Mikrobiologii Lekarskiej AM w Gdańsku
Med Dosw Mikrobiol 55:309-13. 2003..These results suggest that spread of resistance gene among different species is limited and AAC (6')-APH (2")Ia mediated gentamycin-resistance mechanism is more common among MRSA and Staphylococcus haemolyticus.
- Purification and characterization of recombinant Staphylococcus haemolyticus DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV expressed in Escherichia coliJoel C Bronstein
Pfizer Global Research and Development, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:2708-11. 2004The subunits of DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV from Staphylococcus haemolyticus were expressed in Escherichia coli, purified to homogeneity, and used to reconstitute active enzymes that were sensitive to known topoisomerase inhibitors...
- [Selected features determine pathogenicity of Staphylococcus haemolyticus]Marzenna Bartoszewicz
Katedra i Zakład Mikrobiologii AM we Wrocławiu
Med Dosw Mikrobiol 55:225-9. 2003..The analysis of resistance to antibiotics in relation to slime production demonstrated more frequent antibiotic resistance of the slime-producing strains...
- Rapid differentiation of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and other coagulase-negative staphylococci and meticillin susceptibility testing directly from growth-positive blood cultures by multiplex real-time PCRLeanne Jukes
Public Health Wales Microbiology ABM Swansea, Singleton Hospital, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board, Swansea, UK
J Med Microbiol 59:1456-61. 2010..1%), 3 Staphylococcus saprophyticus (5.7%), 4 Staphylococcus hominis (7.5%), 3 Staphylococcus haemolyticus (5.7%), 2 Staphylococcus warneri (3.8%), 1 Staphylococcus cohnii (1...
- Evaluation of six commercial identification kits for the identification of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from bovine mastitisM Zschock
Public Investigation Office Hesse, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Giessen, Germany
J Appl Microbiol 98:450-5. 2005..Comparison of six commercially available in human medicine well-established slide agglutination systems for the identification of Staphylococcus aureus...
- Combinations of vancomycin and beta-lactams are synergistic against staphylococci with reduced susceptibilities to vancomycinM W Climo
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia Campus of Virginia Commonwealth University, Hunter Holmes McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Richmond, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:1747-53. 1999..isolates of methicillin-resistant staphylococci (Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, and Staphylococcus haemolyticus) for which vancomycin MICs ranged from 1 to 16 microg/ml were tested by broth microdilution ..
- Investigation of Staphylococcus strains with heterogeneous resistance to glycopeptides in a Turkish university hospitalYasar Nakipoglu
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
BMC Infect Dis 5:31. 2005..For this purpose, we aimed to investigate the heterogeneous resistance to glycopeptide and their frequencies in 135 Staphylococcus strains...
- In-vitro activities of 14-, 15- and 16-membered macrolides against gram-positive cocciJ M Hamilton-Miller
Department of Medical Microbiology, Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, London, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 29:141-7. 1992..The seven CR strains showing anomalous sensitivity to the 16 MM (five Staphylococcus haemolyticus and two enterococci) were only 'moderately resistant' to erythromycin (MIC 8-64 mg/L), while all the ..
- Mixed infection in adult bacterial meningitisW N Chang
Dept of Neurology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan
Infection 28:8-12. 2000..pneumoniae, Klebsiella oxytoca), Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus species (Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus haemolyticus), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter baumannii, Enterococcus, Serratia marcescens, Citrobacter ..
- Dissemination among staphylococci of DNA sequences associated with methicillin resistanceG L Archer
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 0049
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 38:447-54. 1994..epidermidis digests hybridized with pGO198 (46%), pGO195 (14%), or both probes (35%); all 20 Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolates hybridized with pGO198...
- Nitazoxanide inhibits biofilm formation by Staphylococcus epidermidis by blocking accumulation on surfacesFlorence Tchouaffi-Nana
Division of Infectious Diseases and International Health, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0734, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:2767-74. 2010..epidermidis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus with a 50% inhibitory concentration of approximately 2.5 microg/ml (8 microM)...
- Prevalence and persistence of coagulase-negative Staphylococcus species in three dairy research herdsB E Gillespie
Department of Animal Science, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Vet Microbiol 134:65-72. 2009..2%), Staphylococcus hominis (2%), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (1%), Staphylococcus xylosus (1%), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (<1%), Staphylococcus sciuri (<1%), and Staphylococcus intermedius (<1%)...
- Diversity of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec structures in coagulase-negative staphylococci and relationship to drug resistanceElvira Garza-Gonzalez
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Monterrey Nuevo Leon 64460, Mexico
J Med Microbiol 59:323-9. 2010..strains studied, the most frequently isolated species were Staphylococcus epidermidis (n=26) and Staphylococcus haemolyticus (n=13)...
- Distribution and expression of macrolide resistance genes in coagulase-negative staphylococciS G Gatermann
Abteilung für Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:777-81. 2007..varied widely among staphylococcal species, from 0% in Staphylococcus lugdunensis to almost 90% in Staphylococcus haemolyticus. Most (63%) erythromycin-resistant isolates carried constitutively expressed erm(C) as the sole ..
- Trends in gram-positive bloodstream organism resistance: a seven-year audit of five glycopeptides and other drugs at a large university hospitalJ Ena
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242
J Chemother 5:17-21. 1993..no patient duplicates) as follows: 132 Staphylococcus aureus, 129 Staphylococcus epidermidis, 72 Staphylococcus haemolyticus, 130 Enterococcus faecalis and 62 other enterococci...
- Evolution of slime production by coagulase-negative staphylococci and enterotoxigenic characteristics of Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from various human clinical specimensBanur Boynukara
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Yuzuncu Yil, 65080 Van, Turkey
J Med Microbiol 56:1296-300. 2007..2 %) as Staphylococcus sciuri, four (3.3 %) as Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and two each (1...
- Prevalence of methicillin-resistant, coagulase-negative staphylococci in neonatal intensive care units: findings from a tertiary care hospital in IndiaAmita Jain
Post Graduate Department of Microbiology, King George s Medical University, Lucknow 226003, India
J Med Microbiol 53:941-4. 2004..PCR for the mecA gene was carried out on 54 randomly selected isolates. Staphylococcus haemolyticus was the commonest species (34 %) followed by Staphylococcus epidermidis (24 %) amongst blood isolates...
- Inactivation of lincosaminide antibiotics in Staphylococcus. Identification of lincosaminide O-nucleotidyltransferases and comparison of the corresponding resistance genesA Brisson-Noel
Unite des Agents Antibacteriens, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UA 271, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Biol Chem 263:15880-7. 1988..by inactivation has been detected in numerous clinical isolates of Staphylococcus; in crude extracts of Staphylococcus haemolyticus BM4610 and Staphylococcus aureus BM4611, inactivation of lincomycin and clindamycin requires the ..
- Distribution of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) types I, II, III and IV in coagulase-negative staphylococci from patients attending a tertiary hospital in southern BrazilAlice Beatriz Mombach Pinheiro Machado
Unidade de Microbiologia e Biologia Molecular, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre 90 035 903, Brazil
J Med Microbiol 56:1328-33. 2007..indicated that Staphylococcus epidermidis was the most common species, with 87 isolates, followed by Staphylococcus haemolyticus (15), Staphylococcus hominis (13), Staphylococcus capitis (12) and Staphylococcus sciuri (1)...
- Presence of an additional penicillin-binding protein in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis, and Staphylococcus simulans with a low affinity for methicillin, cephalothin, and cefamandoleJ Pierre
Laboratoire de Microbiologie Medicale, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 34:1691-4. 1990..aureus SR 1550-9. These results suggest that this protein is similar to, if not the same as, PBP 2' of S. aureus and that it is involved in methicillin resistance in the four species studied...
- [Etiology of infections in the wounded victims of Wenchuan Earthquake]Yi Xie
Division of Clinical Microbiology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:366-70. 2009..To analyze the etiology of infections in the wounded victims of Wenchuan Earthquake...
- Rapid identification of staphylococci from prosthetic joint infections using MALDI-TOF mass-spectrometryLlinos G Harris
Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Institute of Life Science, School of Medicine, Swansea University, Swansea, United Kingdom
Int J Artif Organs 33:568-74. 2010..epidermidis, 10 Staphylococcus capitis, 8 Staphylococcus lugdunensis, 2 Staphylococcus warneri, and 2 Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolates using the extraction method recommended by Bruker Daltonics...
- [Study on mec gene in methicillin-resistant staphylococci]T Yokoyama
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:1203-10. 1993..aureus (MSSA), methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus strains which were isolated in 1992 were surveyed for distribution of mecA, mecR1 (putative mecA gene ..
- Antimicrobial resistance and heat sensitivity of oxacillin-resistant, mecA-positive Staphylococcus spp. from unpasteurized milkAlan M McKay
Food Microbiology Branch, Agriculture Food and Environmental Science Division, Agri Food and Biosciences Institute and Department of Food Science, Queen s University of Belfast, Belfast BT9 5PX, Northern Ireland, UK
J Food Prot 71:186-90. 2008..The isolates were identified as five Staphylococcus epidermidis, two Staphylococcus lentus, and one Staphylococcus haemolyticus. No mecA-positive Staphylococcus aureus were isolated...
- In vitro activity of Ro 23-9424, a dual-action antibacterial agent, against bacterial isolates from cancer patients compared with those of other agentsK V Rolston
Department of Medical Specialties, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 36:879-82. 1992..0 micrograms/ml. Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Enterococcus spp. were less susceptible; MIC90s for them were 16.0 and 32.0 micrograms/ml...
- Occurrence of staphylococci in the oral cavities of healthy adults and nasal oral trafficking of the bacteriaY Ohara-Nemoto
Department of Oral Molecular Biology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki 852 8588, Japan
J Med Microbiol 57:95-9. 2008..Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus warneri, Staphylococcus intermedius, Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus lugdunensis and Staphylococcus gallinarum, isolation frequencies ranging in order from ..
- Staphylococcus haemolyticus contains two D-glutamic acid biosynthetic activities, a glutamate racemase and a D-amino acid transaminaseM J Pucci
Department of Microbiology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492 7660
J Bacteriol 177:336-42. 1995..using Escherichia coli WM335, a D-glutamic acid auxotroph, and cloned chromosomal DNA fragments from Staphylococcus haemolyticus revealed two distinct DNA fragments containing open reading frames which, when present, allowed growth ..
- Activity of telavancin and comparator antimicrobial agents tested against Staphylococcus spp. isolated from hospitalised patients in Europe (2007-2008)Rodrigo E Mendes
JMI Laboratories, 345 Beaver Kreek Centre, Suite A, North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 36:374-9. 2010..12 mg/L) compared with Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus and Staphylococcus warneri (MIC(50)=0.25mg/L)...
- How immunocompromised are short bowel patients receiving home parenteral nutrition? Apropos a case of disseminated Fusarium oxysporum sepsisChristoph Müller
First Medical Department, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 33:717-20. 2009..The possibility of systemic immunocompromise has only recently been suggested...
- Spread of clones of multidrug-resistant, coagulase-negative staphylococci within a university hospitalTor Monsen
Department of Clinical Bacteriology, University Hospital of Umea, Umea, Sweden
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 26:76-80. 2005..To detect putative clonal dissemination of multidrug-resistant, coagulase-negative staphylococci (CNS) in a university hospital in northern Sweden...
- Differentiation of Staphylococcus spp. by high-resolution melting analysisMichal Slany
Centre for Cardiovascular Surgery and Transplantations, Pekarska 53, 656 91 Brno, Czech Republic
Can J Microbiol 56:1040-9. 2010..Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus caprae, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus intermedius, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus ..
- Beauvericin from the endophytic fungus, Fusarium redolens, isolated from Dioscorea zingiberensis and its antibacterial activityLijian Xu
College of Agronomy and Biotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China
Nat Prod Commun 5:811-4. 2010..inhibitory concentration (IC50) values of beauvericin against six test bacteria (Bacillus subtilis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Pseudomonas lachrymans, Agrobacterium tumefaciens, Escherichia coli and Xanthomonas vesicatoria) were ..
- Invasive potential of bacterial isolates associated with subclinical bovine mastitisJosé L Anaya-López
Centro Multidisciplinario de Estudios en Biotecnología, Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolas de Hidalgo, Apartado Postal 53, Administración Chapultepec Oriente, C P 58262 Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico
Res Vet Sci 81:358-61. 2006..comprising the staphylococcal species Staphylococcus aureus (3), Staphylococcus epidermidis (1), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (1), Staphylococcus equorum (2), Staphylococcus xylosus (1) and Brevibacterium stationis (2) obtained ..
- Inverse paradoxical embolism in a patient on chronic hemodialysis with aortic bacterial endocarditisJ L Rocha
Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla, Spain
Am J Kidney Dis 34:338-40. 1999We present a 45-year-old patient on chronic hemodialysis who suffered aortic endocarditis by Staphylococcus haemolyticus after bacteremia associated with a venous catheter, which was used temporarily during the maturing phase of a Cimino-..
- Characterization of IS1272, an insertion sequence-like element from Staphylococcus haemolyticusG L Archer
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 0049, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 40:924-9. 1996..the point of the mecR1 deletion was used as a probe, hybridization with multiple bands was detected for Staphylococcus haemolyticus genomic DNA...
- Spectrum and antibiotic resistance of uropathogens isolated from hospital and community patients with urinary tract infections in two large hospitals in KuwaitNoura Al Sweih
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Med Princ Pract 14:401-7. 2005..To determine the spectrum of microbial etiology and antibiotic resistance pattern of the uropathogens that cause urinary tract infections in 2 large teaching hospitals in Kuwait over a period of 1 year...
- Development of a real-time PCR assay for the detection and identification of Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus warneriTadayuki Iwase
Department of Microbiology II, Jikei University School of Medicine, 3 25 8 Nishi shinbashi, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 8461, Japan
J Med Microbiol 56:1346-9. 2007Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus warneri are coagulase-negative staphylococci. Each species has different characteristics, and a difference in pathology is also seen in compromised hosts...
- Study of the efficacy of Coated VICRYL Plus Antibacterial suture (coated Polyglactin 910 suture with Triclosan) in two animal models of general surgeryA Gomez-Alonso
Department of Surgery, Experimental Research Center CBIE, Medical School, University of Salamanca, Po San Vicente 108 132, Salamanca 37007, Spain
J Infect 54:82-8. 2007..Our primary goals were to study microbiological effectiveness and impact on wound healing of PGAB vs PG. Secondary goal was to analyze influence on inflammatory response...
- Internal bacterial flora of solid uterine cervical cancerH Mikamo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Gifu University, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:1057-61. 1993..3. The predominant bacteria isolated were the aerobes, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Streptococcus agalactiae, Escherichia coli and Gardnerella vaginalis, and Prevotella bivia...
- Persistent strains of coagulase-negative staphylococci in a neonatal intensive care unit: virulence factors and invasivenessC Klingenberg
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital of North Norway, Tromsø, Norway
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:1100-11. 2007..One Staphylococcus haemolyticus cluster appeared to selectively colonise and infect the most extreme pre-term infants...
- Microarray-based detection of 90 antibiotic resistance genes of gram-positive bacteriaVincent Perreten
Institute of Veterinary Bacteriology, University of Berne, Längass Strasse 122, Postfach, CH 3001 Bern, Switzerland
J Clin Microbiol 43:2291-302. 2005..field strains allowed the detection of 12 different antibiotic resistance genes in a Staphylococcus haemolyticus strain isolated from mastitis milk and 6 resistance genes in a Clostridium perfringens strain isolated ..
- The epidemiological analyses of trauma patients in Chongqing teaching hospitals following the Wenchuan earthquakeCe Yang
State Key Laboratory of Trauma, Burns and Combined Injury, Research institute for Traffic Medicine of People s Liberation Army, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, PR China
Injury 40:488-92. 2009..This study aimed to provide an overview of injuries among the patients admitted to the six teaching hospitals in Chongqing, China, after the 2008 Wenchuan earthquake...
- Multiple staphylococcal cassette chromosomes and allelic variants of cassette chromosome recombinases in Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci from NorwayAnne Merethe Hanssen
Department of Microbiology and Virology, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:1671-7. 2007..unreported variant of SCCmec type III (mec complex A, ccrAB3, and ccrC7) in Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and Staphylococcus hominis...
- Bacterial contamination of random-donor platelets in a university hospital in the midwestern region of BrazilGeraldo Cunha
Laboratory of Clinical Microbiology, Institute of Tropical Pathology and Public Health of Federal University of Goiás, Goias, Brazil
Transfusion 48:282-5. 2008..The aims of the study were to determine the prevalence of microbiologic contamination in random-donor platelets (RDPs) and to identify the isolated microorganism obtained from a Brazilian university hemotherapy service...
- Rational protein engineering in action: the first crystal structure of a phenylalanine tRNA synthetase from Staphylococcus haemolyticusArtem G Evdokimov
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Michigan Laboratories, Ann Arbor, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Struct Biol 162:152-69. 2008..the high-resolution crystal structure of a phenylalanine tRNA synthetase from the pathogenic bacterium Staphylococcus haemolyticus. We demonstrate the subtle yet important structural differences between this enzyme and the previously ..
- 3-Methyl-3-sulfanylhexan-1-ol as a major descriptor for the human axilla-sweat odour profileMyriam Troccaz
Firmenich SA, Corporate R and D Division, P O Box 239, CH 1211 Geneva 8
Chem Biodivers 1:1022-35. 2004..bacteria, Corynebacterium tuberculostearicum, Corynebacterium minutissimum, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and Bacillus licheniformis, were isolated and characterised for their ability to generate an authentic ..
- Identification of the precursor of (S)-3-methyl-3-sulfanylhexan-1-ol, the sulfury malodour of human axilla sweatChristian Starkenmann
Firmenich SA, Analysis and Perception Department, Corporate R and D Division, Geneva
Chem Biodivers 2:705-16. 2005A careful study of human axillary microflora led us to the identification of a new strain of Staphylococcus haemolyticus. The role in axillary malodour formation of this microorganism was compared to those of Corynebacterium xerosis and ..
- Fungal endophytes from Dioscorea zingiberensis rhizomes and their antibacterial activityL Xu
Department of Plant Pathology, College of Agronomy and Biotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
Lett Appl Microbiol 46:68-72. 2008..The aim of the study was to isolate and characterize the endophytic fungi from the rhizomes of the Chinese traditional medicinal plant Dioscorea zingiberensis and to detect their antibacterial activities...
- Cell wall deficient bacteria as a cause of idiopathic hematuriaG J Domingue
Department of Urology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana
J Urol 150:483-5. 1993..subcultured the organisms reverted to their related walled forms, that is Streptococcus agalactiae and Staphylococcus haemolyticus. Because the colonies of these organisms showed various patterns of biochemical reactivity, each ..
- Application of molecular typing methods to characterize nosocomial coagulase-negative staphylococci collected in a Greek hospital during a three-year period (1998-2000)I Spiliopoulou
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica, Universidade Nova de Lisboa ITQB UNL, Oeiras, Portugal
Microb Drug Resist 9:273-82. 2003..The application of these methodologies demonstrated the existence, persistence and spread of MRSE, MR-Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and MR-Staphylococcus hominis clones in this hospital, whereas the SmaI/murE hybridization pattern was ..
- The gene bap, involved in biofilm production, is present in Staphylococcus spp. strains from nosocomial infectionsAmina Potter
Instituto de Microbiologia Prof Paulo de Goes, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro 21941 590, Brasil
J Microbiol 47:319-26. 2009..To our knowledge, this is the first report demonstrating the presence of the bap gene in nosocomial isolates of CNS, being also the first report on the presence of this gene in Staphylococcus haemolyticus and S. cohnii.
- Tabebuia avellanedae naphthoquinones: activity against methicillin-resistant staphylococcal strains, cytotoxic activity and in vivo dermal irritability analysisEliezer Menezes Pereira
Instituto de Microbiologia Prof, Paulo de Góes, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 5:5. 2006..In addition, its mechanism of action was also analyzed...