- Camel trypanosomosis in the Canary Islands: assessment of seroprevalence and infection rates using the card agglutination test (CATT/T. evansi) and parasite detection tests
Department of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas, Spain
Vet Parasitol 90:155-9. 2000
..PCV was also determined. 745 dromedary camels (483 females and 262 males) were examined. Trypanosomes were detected in seven animals...
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus neutralising serum antibodies in dromedary camels: a comparative serological study
Chantal B E M Reusken
Centre for Infectious Disease Research, Diagnostics and Screening, Division Virology, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, Netherlands Electronic address
Lancet Infect Dis 13:859-66. 2013
..Anecdotal exposure histories suggest that patients had been in contact with dromedary camels or goats...
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in dromedary camels: an outbreak investigation
Bart L Haagmans
Department of Viroscience, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet Infect Dis 14:140-5. 2014
..Previous studies suggested dromedary camels were a reservoir for this virus...
- Beta-lactamase inhibitors derived from single-domain antibody fragments elicited in the camelidae
K E Conrath
Department of Ultrastructure, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pardenstraat 65, B 1640 St Genesius Rode, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:2807-12. 2001
..This innovative strategy could generate multiple potent inhibitors for all types of beta-lactamases...
- Modulation of protein properties in living cells using nanobodies
Gene Center, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
Nat Struct Mol Biol 17:133-8. 2010
..This work demonstrates that protein conformations can be manipulated and studied with nanobodies in living cells...
- Rift Valley fever outbreak in livestock in Kenya, 2006-2007
Kenya Ministry of Livestock Development, Nairobi, Kenya
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:58-64. 2010
..previous RVF outbreaks in the country, the 2006-07 outbreak was the most extensive in cattle, sheep, goats, and camels affecting thousands of animals in 29 of 69 administrative districts across six of the eight provinces...
- Prevalence of bovine tuberculosis in pastoral cattle herds in the Oromia region, southern Ethiopia
Jimma University College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, PO Box 307, Jimma, Ethiopia
Trop Anim Health Prod 43:1081-7. 2011
..In order to investigate the public health risks and the epidemiological importance of BTB in the area, we recommend to include other livestock species (camels and goats) as well as humans in future studies.
- A PCR system for detection of species and genotypes of the Echinococcus granulosus-complex, with reference to the epidemiological situation in eastern Africa
Department of Parasitology, University of Hohenheim, Emil Wolff Strasse 34, 70599 Stuttgart, Germany
Int J Parasitol 34:645-53. 2004
..ortleppi (G5) in livestock from Kenya and the Sudan...
- Generation of single domain antibody fragments derived from camelids and generation of manifold constructs
Department of Structural Biology, VIB, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussel, Belgium
Methods Mol Biol 907:145-76. 2012
Immunizing a camelid (camels and llamas) with soluble, properly folded proteins raises an affinity-matured immune response in the unique camelid heavy-chain only antibodies (HCAbs)...
- Genetic classification of Echinococcus granulosus cysts from humans, cattle and camels in Libya using mutation scanning-based analysis of mitochondrial loci
Mahmud H Abushhewa
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, 250 Princes Highway, Werribee, Victoria 3030, Australia
Mol Cell Probes 24:346-51. 2010
We genetically classified Echinococcus granulosus from humans, cattle and camels in Libya utilizing DNA regions (designated pcox1 and pnad1) within the cytochrome c oxidase subunit 1 (cox1) and NADH dehydrogenase 1 (nad1) mitochondrial ..
- Efficient tumor targeting by single-domain antibody fragments of camels
Vlaams Interuniversitair Instituut voor Biotechnologie, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Sint Genesius Rode, Belgium
Int J Cancer 98:456-62. 2002
The variable domain of functional heavy chain antibodies (VHH) devoid of light chains, found in camels, constitute the smallest intact antigen-binding domain fragment...
- Inhibitory effects of native and recombinant full-length camel lactoferrin and its N and C lobes on hepatitis C virus infection of Huh7.5 cells
Department of Nutrition, University of California, Davis, USA
J Med Microbiol 61:375-83. 2012
..5 cells. rcLf and its N lobe displayed similar HCV inhibitory effects to their native counterparts and may constitute an efficient and cost-effective approach for potential clinical applications...
- Expression of the peptidoglycan recognition protein, PGRP, in the lactating mammary gland
S R Kappeler
Laboratory of Dairy Science, Institute of Food Science, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, CH 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
J Dairy Sci 87:2660-8. 2004
..3 kbp of the corresponding gene was sequenced. Similarities were found to the camel lactoferrin gene with regard to sites of expression and to the region 5' upstream to the gene...
- General strategy to humanize a camelid single-domain antibody and identification of a universal humanized nanobody scaffold
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Immunology, Laboratorium voor Ultrastructuur, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
J Biol Chem 284:3273-84. 2009
..These insights were used to identify a soluble, stable, well expressed universal humanized Nanobody scaffold that allows grafts of antigen-binding loops from other Nanobodies with transfer of the antigen specificity and affinity...
- An inhibition enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the detection of antibody to Rift Valley fever virus in humans, domestic and wild ruminants
Janusz T Paweska
Special Pathogens Unit, National Institute for Communicable Diseases, Private Bag X4, Sandringham 2131, South Africa
J Virol Methods 127:10-8. 2005
..data sets derived from field-collected sera in Africa (humans=1367, cattle=649, goats=806, sheep=493, buffalo=258, camels=156) were categorized according to the results of a virus neutralisation test...
- Novel Streptococcus infantarius subsp. infantarius variants harboring lactose metabolism genes homologous to Streptococcus thermophilus
Laboratory of Food Biotechnology, Institute of Food, Nutrition and Health, ETH Zurich, Schmelzbergstrasse 7, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Food Microbiol 31:33-42. 2012
..infantarius variant potentially evolved through horizontal gene transfer of an S. thermophilus-homologous lactose pathway. Safety assessments are needed to identify any putative health risks of this novel S. infantarius variant...
- Hydatidosis in camels (Camelus dromedarius) and their potential role in the epidemiology of Echinococcus granulosus in Iran
N A Ahmadi
Parasitology and Mycology Department, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Helminthol 79:119-25. 2005
Hydatid cysts were recovered from 35.2% (233/661) of camels (Camelus dromedarius) slaughtered in five different regions of Iran. The degree of prevalence between males (34.4%) and females (36.6%) was not statistically significant...
- Humanized-single domain antibodies (VH/VHH) that bound specifically to Naja kaouthia phospholipase A2 and neutralized the enzymatic activity
Graduate Program in Immunology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Toxins (Basel) 4:554-67. 2012
..The speculation needs further investigations...
- Towards a new reference test for surra in camels
Department of Parasitology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:999-1002. 2009
Current serological diagnosis of Trypanosoma evansi infection in camels is based on the native variable antigen type RoTat 1.2...
- Responses to dehydration in the one-humped camel and effects of blocking the renin-angiotensin system
Mahmoud Alhaj Ali
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
PLoS ONE 7:e37299. 2012
..to compare the levels of circulating electrolytes, hormones, and renal function during 20 days of dehydration in camels versus the level in non-dehydrated camels and to record the effect of blocking angiotensin II AT1 receptors with ..
- Structural basis of recognition of pathogen-associated molecular patterns and inhibition of proinflammatory cytokines by camel peptidoglycan recognition protein
Department of Biophysics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Biol Chem 286:16208-17. 2011
- Serological and molecular evidence for natural infection of Bactrian camels with multiple subgenotypes of bovine viral diarrhea virus in Western China
Key Laboratory of Epizootic Diseases of Grazing Animals of Ministry of Agriculture, Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Lanzhou 730046, China
Vet Microbiol 163:172-6. 2013
..In order to investigate possible infection in Bactrian camels in Western China, a total of 56 blood samples were collected from clinically healthy Bactrian camels and tested ..
- VHH, bivalent domains and chimeric Heavy chain-only antibodies with high neutralizing efficacy for scorpion toxin AahI'
Laboratoire des Venins et Toxines, Institut Pasteur de Tunis, 13 Place Pasteur, BP 74, 1002 Tunis, Tunisia
Mol Immunol 45:3847-56. 2008
..It is therefore clear that in the near future Nanobodies will be at the core of novel serotherapeutics as they combine multiple benefits over other reagents to treat scorpion envenomed patients...
- A comparative evaluation of parasitological, serological and DNA amplification methods for diagnosis of natural Trypanosoma evansi infection in camels
Department of Veterinary Parasitology, College of Veterinary and Animal Science, Bikaner 334 001, Rajasthan, India
Vet Parasitol 126:365-73. 2004
A representative number of 217 camels (Camelus dromedarius) from different areas of western Rajasthan State, India, were examined from July 2002 to May 2003 for Trypanosoma evansi infection...
- Supplementation with undenatured whey protein during diabetes mellitus improves the healing and closure of diabetic wounds through the rescue of functional long-lived wound macrophages
Deanship of Scientific Research, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Cell Physiol Biochem 29:571-82. 2012
..Most important, the supplementation of diabetic mice with WP rescued functional, long-lived wound-resident macrophages. Our data reveal the benefits of WP supplementation in improving the healing and closure of diabetic wounds...
- Seroepidemiology for MERS coronavirus using microneutralisation and pseudoparticle virus neutralisation assays reveal a high prevalence of antibody in dromedary camels in Egypt, June 2013
R A Perera
Centre of Influenza Research, School of Public Health, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Euro Surveill 18:pii=20574. 2013
..Sera from dromedary camels had a high prevalence of antibody reactive to MERS-CoV by MERS NT (93.6%) and MERS ppNT (98.2%) assay...
- High mitochondrial differentiation levels between wild and domestic Bactrian camels: a basis for rapid detection of maternal hybridization
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Institute of Animal Breeding and Genetics, University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna A 1210, Austria
Anim Genet 41:315-8. 2010
..To address this key issue in the conservation of wild camels, we analysed wild, hybrid and domestic Bactrian camels (Camelus bactrianus) originating from Mongolia, China and ..
- Prevalence of Cryptosporidium infection in camels (Camelus dromedarius) in a slaughterhouse in Iran
S M Razawi
Department of Parasitology, Veterinary School, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran
Trop Biomed 26:267-73. 2009
..Limited data is available in other domestic herbivores including camel. Numerous camels (Camelus dromedarius) are raised in the semi-arid regions of Iran...
- Biophysical properties of camelid V(HH) domains compared to those of human V(H)3 domains
Biochemisches Institut, Universitat Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Biochemistry 41:3628-36. 2002
..Their hallmark is the ability to reversibly melt without aggregation, probably mediated by the surface mutations characterizing the V(HH) domains, which allow them to regain binding activity after heat renaturation...
- Anti-schistosomal activity of colostral and mature camel milk on Schistosoma mansoni infected mice
Amany S Maghraby
Therapeurical Chemistry Department, National Research Centre, Dokki, Egypt
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 14:432-8. 2005
..Colostral and mature camel milk have a protective response against schistosomiasis...
- Sequence analysis of cox1 and nad1 genes in Echinococcus granulosus G3 genotype in camels (Camelus dromedarius) from central Iran
Department of Medical Parasitology and Mycology, School of Medicine, Golestan University of Medical Science, Gorgan, Iran
Parasitol Res 108:521-7. 2011
Nineteen hydatid cyst isolates collected from camels in central Iran were subjected to sequences analysis of mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase subunit 1 (cox1) and NADH dehydrogenase subunit 1 (nad1) genes...
- Seasonal variations in the chemical composition of camel milk in Jordan
Malik Sy Haddadin
Department of Nutrition and Food Technology, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
J Dairy Res 75:8-12. 2008
..The levels of organic acids were generally higher than in bovine milk and, as with all the constituents of the milk, there were discernible patterns linking concentration and season of the year...
- Present situation of echinococcosis in the Middle East and Arabic North Africa
Seyed Mahmoud Sadjjadi
Department of Parasitology and Mycology, School of Medicine, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, P O Box 71345 1735, Iran
Parasitol Int 55:S197-202. 2006
..Various surveys have indicated that hydatid cysts are commonly found in sheep, cattle, goats and camels throughout the Middle East and Arabic North Africa. Sheep are the most infected animals of these regions...
- Single-domain antibody fragments with high conformational stability
Laboratoire d Enzymologie, Centre d Ingénerie des Protéines, Institut de Chimie B6, Universite de Liege, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Protein Sci 11:500-15. 2002
..Hence, the reduced size, improved solubility, and higher stability of the camelid heavy-chain antibody fragments are of special interest for biotechnological and medical applications...
- Camel lactoferrin markedly inhibits hepatitis C virus genotype 4 infection of human peripheral blood leukocytes
el Rashdy M Redwan
Antibody Laboratory, Protein Research Department, GEBRI, Mubarak City for Scientific Research and Technology Applications, Alexandria, Egypt
J Immunoassay Immunochem 28:267-77. 2007
..In conclusion, we have demonstrated the potential for cLf to inhibit HCV entry into human leukocytes with more efficiency than human or bovine lactoferrin...
- First outbreak of Trypanosoma evansi in camels in metropolitan France
Cirad and IRD, UR Trypanosomes, Montpellier, F 34000, France
Vet Rec 162:750-2. 2008
The first outbreak of trypanosomosis caused by Trypanosoma evansi in camels in France was reported on a farm in the Aveyron Department...
- An outbreak of abortions and high neonatal mortality associated with Trypanosoma evansi infection in dromedary camels in the Canary Islands
Department of Animal Medicine and Surgery, Veterinary Faculty, University of Las Palmas, 3416, Arucas, Las Palmas, Canary Islands, Spain
Vet Parasitol 130:163-8. 2005
..This article presents an outbreak of abortions and high neonatal mortality attributable to T. evansi infection in camels as well as the clinical assessment of the affected animals...
- An S-layer heavy chain camel antibody fusion protein for generation of a nanopatterned sensing layer to detect the prostate-specific antigen by surface plasmon resonance technology
BMT Biomolecular Therapeutics GmbH, Brunnerstrasse 59, A 1235 Vienna, Austria
Bioconjug Chem 15:664-71. 2004
..After recrystallization of the S-layer fusion protein on gold chips precoated with thiolated SCWP, the monomolecular protein lattice was exploited as sensing layer in surface plasmon resonance biochips to detect PSA...
- Antibody seroprevalences against peste des petits ruminants (PPR) virus in camels, cattle, goats and sheep in Ethiopia
National Animal Health Research Centre, P O Box 04, Sebeta, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Prev Vet Med 70:51-7. 2005
..The incidence was perceived as "high" in small ruminants and camels, but as "low" in cattle...
- Trypanosoma evansi: molecular homogeneity as inferred by phenetical analysis of ribosomal internal transcribed spacers DNA of an eclectic parasite
Aneska Norek de Oliveira Lima
Laboratory of Tripanosomatid Biology, Oswaldo Cruz Institute, FIOCRUZ, Av Brasil 4365, CEP 21040 360, Rio de Janeiro RJ, Brazil
Exp Parasitol 118:402-7. 2008
..These results provide insights on the ribosomal gene organization of T. evansi and showed that ITS analysis by RFLP show high genetic similarity of this locus among isolates of this protozoan parasite...
- Microarray-based genotyping of Staphylococcus aureus isolates from camels
Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Faculty of Medicine Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University of Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Vet Microbiol 150:309-14. 2011
Staphylococcus aureus is a common cause of mastitis and other diseases in camels. In order to obtain data on population structure as well as on the carriage of toxin genes and resistance markers, a collection of 45 isolates from ..
- Atypical citrate-fermenting Lactococcus lactis strains isolated from dromedary's milk
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Appl Microbiol 108:647-57. 2010
..The aim was to isolate and characterize Lactococcus strains with new properties compared to those of usual Lactococcus dairy starters derived from cow's milk...
- Nutritional composition of three fodder species browsed by camels (Camelus dromedarius) on arid area of Tunisia
Department of Animal Health and Welfare, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bari, 70010, Valenzano, Bari, Italy
Trop Anim Health Prod 41:1219-24. 2009
Browsing camels have access to different plant species in relation to the kind of pasture they can reach...
- Tuareg ethnoveterinary treatments of camel diseases in Agadez area (Niger)
Tropical Veterinary Institute, University of Liege, 20 Boulevard de Colonster, B43 4000 Liege, Belgium
Trop Anim Health Prod 39:83-9. 2007
..This broadmindedness allows the introduction of modern veterinary medicine. Factors such as the lack of real production objectives constitute limits to this progress, however...
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in dromedary camels, Oman, 2013
Viral Zoonoses, Emerging and Vector Borne Infections Group, Institute of Virology, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Euro Surveill 19:20781. 2014
..survey in Oman revealed Middle Eastrespiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) nucleicacid in five of 76 dromedary camels. Camel-derivedMERS-CoV sequences (3,754 nucleotides assembled from partial sequences of the open reading frame (..
- Genetic characterization and phylogenetic analysis of Trypanosoma evansi in Iranian dromedary camels
Department of Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Shiraz University, PO Box 71345, Shiraz, Iran
Parasitol Res 112:899-903. 2013
..Trypanosoma evansi-affected camels were detected by Giemsa-stained blood smears, and the positive blood samples (4 out of 117) were submitted to PCR ..
- Oxidative stress in blood of camels (Camelus dromedaries) naturally infected with Trypanosoma evansi
Mostafa A Saleh
Animal Health Research Institute, El Kharga, El Wadi El Gadid 725211, Egypt
Vet Parasitol 162:192-9. 2009
..The present study aimed to estimate oxidation and antioxidant status in blood of camels naturally infected with Trypanosoma evansi. Blood samples from T...
- Pharmacokinetics of ceftiofur after single intravenous and intramuscular administration in camels (Camelus dromedarius)
Pharmacology Department, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 30:371-4. 2007
- Isolation of nitrate-reductase positive Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis from dromedary camels
M T Tejedor-Junco
Veterinary Faculty, University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, 35416 Arucas, Las Palmas, Canary Islands, Spain
Trop Anim Health Prod 40:165-7. 2008
- (1)H, (13)C and (15)N assignments of a camelid nanobody directed against human alpha-synuclein
Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Biomol NMR Assign 3:231-3. 2009
Nanobodies are single chain antibodies that are uniquely produced in Camelidae, e.g. camels and llamas...
- Genetic relationship of Torque Teno virus (TTV) between humans and camels in United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Moslih I Al-Moslih
College of Health Sciences, University of Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
J Med Virol 79:188-91. 2007
..Phylogenetic analysis of representative sequences revealed that the similarity between isolates from camels and humans is 92%-97% for the same genotypes...
- Comparison of some biochemical and hormonal constituents of oversized follicles and preovulatory follicles in camels (Camelus dromedarius)
I M Ghoneim
Department of Clinical Studies, College of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Resources, King Faisal University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Theriogenology 79:647-52. 2013
..and hormonal constituents in follicular fluids from oversized follicles, preovulatory follicles, and serum in camels (Camelus dromedarius)...
- Artificial insemination in dromedary camels
J A Skidmore
Camel Reproduction Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Anim Reprod Sci 136:178-86. 2013
..Various methods to induce ovulation in the female camels are also described as well as the timing of insemination in relation to ovulation...
- Detection of Trypanosoma evansi in camels using PCR and CATT/T. evansi tests in Kenya
Z K Njiru
Western Australian Biomedical Research Institute, Division of Health Sciences, School of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Murdoch University, South Street, Murdoch, WA 6150, Australia
Vet Parasitol 124:187-99. 2004
..evansi), microhaematocrit centrifugation technique (MHCT) and mouse inoculation (MI). A total of 549 camels were randomly sampled. The overall prevalence of Surra was 5.3% using MHCT, 26.6% using PCR and 45.9% using CATT/T...
- Genome-wide analysis of the emerging infection with Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis in the Arabian camels (Camelus dromedarius)
Department of Pathobiological Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e31947. 2012
..cattle, goat, deer), as well as sheep. In an effort to characterize this emerging infection in dromedary/Arabian camels, we successfully cultured M...
- Camel's milk alleviates alcohol-induced liver injury in rats
Hebatallah A Darwish
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Food Chem Toxicol 50:1377-83. 2012
..Results showed amelioration of all tested parameters following administration of CM. Conclusively, treatment with camel's milk alleviates alcohol-associated hazards and protects hepatic tissue from alcohol-induced toxicity...
- Recombinant RoTat 1.2 variable surface glycoprotein as antigen for diagnosis of Trypanosoma evansi in dromedary camels
Department of Parasitology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nationalestraat 155, B 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
Int J Parasitol 35:455-60. 2005
..Its potential as an antigen for specific detection of antibody in serum of dromedary camels affected by surra, was evaluated. In ELISA, the reactivity of the recombinant RoTat 1...
- A survey for piroplasmids in horses and Bactrian camels in North-Eastern Mongolia
Department of Parasitology, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno, Palackeho 1 3, 612 42 Brno, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 179:246-9. 2011
..The data on occurrence of piroplasms from Bactrian camels in Asia is lacking...
- Chewing activities and oesophageal motility during feed intake, rumination and eructation in camels
W von Engelhardt
Department of Physiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Bischofsholer Damm 15 102, 30173, Hannover, Germany
J Comp Physiol B 176:117-24. 2006
It was the aim of this study to characterize rumination behaviour, eructation and oesophageal motility in camels to identify similarities and differences between camels and domestic ruminants...
- A synthetic camel anti-lysozyme peptide antibody (peptibody) with flexible loop structure identified by high-resolution affinity mass spectrometry
Department of Chemistry, Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, University of Konstanz, 78457 Konstanz Germany
Chemistry 12:1915-23. 2006
..The complex of lysozyme and active peptibody was characterised directly by conducting high-resolution ESI-FTICR mass spectrometry, which provided a molecular comparison of affinities for linear and cyclic peptibodies...
- Prevalence of Trypanosoma evansi infection in equines and camels in the Punjab region, Pakistan
Murtaz Ul Hasan
Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1081:322-4. 2006
..A total of 170 equines and 150 dromedary camels were examined. Five (3...
- Improvement of the antimicrobial and antioxidant activities of camel and bovine whey proteins by limited proteolysis
Department of Food Science and Engineering, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Tehran, Karaj, Iran
J Agric Food Chem 58:3297-302. 2010
..The results of this study reveal differences in antimicrobial and antioxidant activities between WP hydrolysates of bovine and camel milk and the effects of limited proteolysis on these activities...
- Clinical, hematological, and biochemical findings in an outbreak of abortion and neonatal mortality associated with Trypanosoma evansi infection in dromedary camels
Department of Animal Medicine and Surgery, Veterinary Faculty, University of Las Palmas, Arucas, Las Palmas, 35416 Canary Islands, Spain
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1081:325-7. 2006
..findings in an outbreak of abortions and high neonatal mortality attributable to Trypanosoma evansi infection in camels. A total of 16 females were diagnosed, 2 of which showed moderate signs of chronic form, particularly hyporexia ..
- Rift Valley fever risk map model and seroprevalence in selected wild ungulates and camels from Kenya
Seth C Britch
Center for Medical, Agricultural, and Veterinary Entomology, United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Gainesville, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e66626. 2013
- Ultrasonographic-guided retrieval of cumulus oocyte complexes after super-stimulation in dromedary camel (Camelus dromedarius)
N A Wani
Reproductive Biology Laboratory, Camel Reproduction Center, Post Box 79914, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Theriogenology 74:436-42. 2010
..1, studies were conducted to apply the transvaginal ultrasound guided ovum pick-up (OPU) technique in dromedary camels after their ovarian super-stimulation and in vivo oocyte maturation...
- Molecular basis for the preferential cleft recognition by dromedary heavy-chain antibodies
Erwin De Genst
Department of Cellular and Molecular Interactions, Vlaams Interuniversitair Instituut voor Biotechnologie, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pleinlaan 2, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:4586-91. 2006
..Therefore, a single domain antigen-combining site has a clear structural advantage over a conventional dimeric format for targeting clefts on antigenic surfaces...
- Prevalence and pathology of camel filariasis in Iran
Department of Pathology, Veterinary School, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran
Parasitol Res 103:1125-31. 2008
A total of 1,070 camels of different ages and of both sexes slaughtered at Mashhad slaughterhouse were inspected for infection with Dipetalonema evansi. Microfilariae were found in peripheral blood smears of 221 (20...
- Differences in the susceptibility of dromedary and Bactrian camels to foot-and-mouth disease virus
National Veterinary Institute, Technical University of Denmark, Lindholm, Kalvehave, Denmark
Epidemiol Infect 137:549-54. 2009
In this study, two sheep, eight dromedary camels and two Bactrian camels were inoculated with foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV) type A SAU 22/92...
- Echinococcus granulosus genotypes in livestock of Iran indicating high frequency of G1 genotype in camels
Department of Medical Parasitology and Mycology, School of Public Health and National Institute of Health Research, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran 14155 6446, Iran
Exp Parasitol 124:373-9. 2010
..Isolates from sheep, goats, cattle and the majority of camels (12 of 18; 66.7%) were identified as the G1 genotype and a few camel isolates (6 of 18; 33...
- Potent enzyme inhibitors derived from dromedary heavy-chain antibodies
Vlaams Interuniversitair Instituut voor Biotechnologie, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Paardenstraat 65, 1640 Sint Genesius Rode, Belgium
EMBO J 17:3512-20. 1998
..The low complexity of the antigen-binding site of these single-domain antibodies composed of only three loops could be valuable for designing smaller synthetic inhibitors...
- Isolation and identification of yeast flora from genital tract in healthy female camels (Camelus dromedarius)
Mycology Research Center, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Vet Microbiol 144:183-6. 2010
..flora and to determine the number of colony forming units (CFUs) in genital tract of healthy female dromedary camels, establishing their connection in both mated and unmated conditions...
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of abdominal distension in 52 camels (Camelus dromedarius)
Department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Qassim University, Saudi Arabia
Res Vet Sci 93:448-56. 2012
..this study was to assess the diagnostic value of ultrasonography in the evaluation of abdominal distension in 52 camels (Camelus dromedarius)...
- Multiligand specificity of pathogen-associated molecular pattern-binding site in peptidoglycan recognition protein
Department of Biophysics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India 110029
J Biol Chem 286:31723-30. 2011
..In the ternary complex, GlcNAc and β-maltose occupy distinct non-overlapping positions belonging to different subsites...
- Embryo transfer in the dromedary camel (Camelus dromedarius) using non-ovulated and ovulated, asynchronous progesterone-treated recipients
J A Skidmore
Camel Reproduction Centre, PO Box 79914, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:438-43. 2011
..The uteri of 12 mated donor camels were flushed non-surgically 7 days after ovulation and 42 embryos were recovered...
- A molecular survey of cystic echinococcosis in Sudan
R A Omer
Parasitology Unit, University of Hohenheim, 70599 Stuttgart, Germany
Vet Parasitol 169:340-6. 2010
..Hydatid cysts were present in 59% (466/779) of camels, 6% (299/4893) of cattle, 11% (1180/10,422) of sheep and 2% (106/5565) of goats, with little variation among ..
- Application of the California mastitis test in intramammary Streptococcus agalactiae and Staphylococcus aureus infections of camels (Camelus dromedarius) in Kenya
Department of Animal Science, Egerton University, P O Box 536, Njoro, Kenya
Prev Vet Med 51:307-16. 2001
A study was conducted on 207 lactating camels in six herds in Kenya to evaluate the California mastitis test (CMT) for the detection of intramammary infections (IMIs) caused by Streptococcus agalactiae and Staphylococcus aureus and to ..
- A traditional Sudanese fermented camel's milk product, Gariss, as a habitat of Streptococcus infantarius subsp. infantarius
Food Research Centre, Khartoum, Sudan
Int J Food Microbiol 127:215-9. 2008
..The yeast microflora in all Gariss samples consisted of Kluyveromyces marxianus and Issatchenkia orientalis with the former being predominant in 7 out of 9 samples...
- Life cycle of Sarcocystis camelicanis infecting the camel (Camelus dromedarius) and the dog (Canis familiaris), light and electron microscopic study
Zoology Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Parasitol Res 106:189-95. 2009
In the present study, the heteroxeneous life cycle of Sarcocystis sp. infecting camels were studied. A total of 180 slaughtered camels collected from different localities in Egypt were investigated for sarcocysts...
- Structural studies on molecular interactions between camel peptidoglycan recognition protein, CPGRP-S, and peptidoglycan moieties N-acetylglucosamine and N-acetylmuramic acid
Department of Biophysics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
J Biol Chem 287:22153-64. 2012
..This showed that CPGRP-S inhibited PGN-induced production of proinflammatory cytokines and down-regulated macrophage-mediated inflammation, indicating its potential applications as an antibacterial agent...
- Brain tumours in two Bactrian camels: a histiocytic sarcoma and a meningioma
F M Molenaar
Institute of Zoology, Zoological Society of London, Regent s Park, London NW1 4RY
Vet Rec 164:684-8. 2009
Primary brain tumours were identified in two Bactrian camels (Camelus bactrianus) living at the Zoological Society of London's two zoos...
- Sarcocystis and its complications in camels (Camelus dromedarius) of eastern provinces of Iran
Razi Serum and Vaccine Research Institute, Mashhad, Khorasan Razavi, Eastern Iran
Korean J Parasitol 46:229-34. 2008
The prevalence of Sarcocystis spp. was investigated by gross and histopathological examinations in 250 camels (Camelus dromedarius) slaughtered from 2002 to 2005 in the Mashhad Slaughterhouse, eastern Iran...
- Salmonella prevalence and distribution of serotypes in apparently healthy slaughtered camels (Camelus dromedarius) in Eastern Ethiopia
Department of Microbiology, Infectious Diseases and Veterinary Public Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Addis Ababa University, Debre Zeit, Ethiopia
Trop Anim Health Prod 36:451-8. 2004
..was undertaken to determine the prevalence and distribution of Salmonella from apparently healthy slaughtered camels in Eastern Ethiopia...
- Detection of antibodies against peste des petits ruminants virus in sera of cattle, camels, sheep and goats in Sudan
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Nyala, Sudan
Vet Res Commun 26:537-41. 2002
Detection of antibodies against peste des petits ruminants virus in sera of cattle, camels, sheep and goats in Sudan.
- Emerging viral diseases in dromedary camels in the Southern Morocco
hôpital militaire d instruction med V, Service de Virologie, Rabat, Maroc
Transbound Emerg Dis 59:177-82. 2012
..A serological survey was conducted on 1392 sera to estimate changes of these diseases prevalence in camels over two different time spans (2003 and 2009) and across different sites of South Morocco...
- The arterial supply to the eye of the bactrian camel (Camelus bactrianus)
Jian Lin Wang
College of Life Science, Lanzhou University, Gansu, People s Republic of China
Vet Res Commun 26:505-12. 2002
..The ophthalmic rete mirabile gave off many branches to supply the rectus muscles of the eye, dorsal oblique and retractor oculi muscles, levator muscle of the superior eyelid, and the choroid...
- Trypanosoma evansi infection in mainland Spain
Animal Health Laboratory, Conselleria of Agriculture, Fishing and Nourishment, Av Manuel Soto 18, 46024 Valencia, Spain
Vet Parasitol 167:74-6. 2010
..The outbreak occurred on an equine and camel farm to which dromedary camels from an infected area of the Canary Islands had recently been introduced...
- The pharmacokinetics, metabolism and urinary detection time of caffeine in camels
I A Wasfi
Camel Racing Laboratory, Forensic Science Laboratory, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Res Vet Sci 69:69-74. 2000
The pharmacokinetics of caffeine were determined in 10 camels after an intravenous dose of 2.35 mg kg(-1). The data obtained (median and range) were as follows. The elimination half-life (t(1/2)) was 31.4 (21.2 to 58...
- Prevalence of Trypanosoma evansi infection and associated risk factors in camels in eastern Chad
Laboratoire de Recherches Vétérinaires et Zootechniques de Farcha, BP 433, N Djamena, Chad
Vet Parasitol 119:155-64. 2004
..A cross-sectional study was conducted to estimate the prevalence of Trypanosoma evansi infection (Surra) in herds of camels from the eastern area of Chad. The risk factors associated with disease were also identified...
- An outbreak of peste des petits ruminants (PPR) in camels in the Sudan
AbdelMelik I Khalafalla
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Khartoum, Shambat, Khartoum North, Sudan
Acta Trop 116:161-5. 2010
In mid-August 2004, an outbreak of a previously unknown fatal disease of camels was reported to Kassala State veterinary authorities...
- Current situation of Peste des petits ruminants (PPR) in the Sudan
Intisar K Saeed
Central Veterinary Research Laboratory, Soba, Alamarat, P O Box 8067, Khartoum, Sudan
Trop Anim Health Prod 42:89-93. 2010
..A total of 1198 serum samples were collected from sheep (n = 500), camels (n = 392), and goats (n = 306) from different areas in Sudan (Khartoum, Gezira, Tambool, River Nile, Kordofan, ..
- Seroprevalence of Neospora caninum and Toxoplasma gondii in camels (Camelus dromedarius) in Mashhad, Iran
Razi Serum and Vaccine Research Institute, P O Box 91735 174, Mashhad, Iran
Parasitol Res 98:600-1. 2006
One hundred twenty camels were blood-sampled and used to evaluate serological screening for Neospora caninum and Toxoplasma gondii infection by indirect fluorescent antibody test (IFAT) in Mashhad, Iran, during years 2004-2005...
- Lactoferrin and immunoglobulin contents in camel's milk (Camelus bactrianus, Camelus dromedarius, and Hybrids) from Kazakhstan
Kazakh State University Al Farabi, 71 av Al Farabi, 050013 Almaty, Kazakhstan
J Dairy Sci 90:38-46. 2007
Lactoferrin (Lf) and IgG were estimated in camel's milk from Kazakhstan, where 2 species of camels (Camelus bactrianus, Camelus dromedarius) and their hybrids cohabit...
- Molecular identification and phylogenetic analysis of Trypanosoma evansi from dromedary camels (Camelus dromedarius) in Egypt, a pilot study
Laboratory of Sustainable Environmental Biology, Field Centre Studies, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, 232 3 Yomogida, Naruko Onsen, Osaki, Miyagi 989 6711, Japan
Acta Trop 117:39-46. 2011
..In the present study, prevalence of Trypanosome evansi was assessed in the blood of dromedary camels (Camelus dromedarius) brought to Al Bassatein abattoir, Cairo, Egypt, by mouse inoculation test out of 84 tested ..
- Investigation of heat stress response in the camel fibroblast cell line dubca
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UAE University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1138:376-84. 2008
..This is in line with the fact that suppression of stress kinase Jnk renders cells thermoresistant. On the other hand, acquired tolerance to severe heat shock is associated with downregulation of Jnk...
- Brucellosis in camels (Camelus dromedarius) in Darfur, Western Sudan
M T Musa
Animal Resources Research Corporation, P O Box 610, Khartoum, Sudan
J Comp Pathol 138:151-5. 2008
In a field outbreak of brucellosis in 21 camels mixed with cattle, sheep and goats, five camels, three of which showed clinical signs, were serologically positive...
- Hydatidosis granulosus in Egyptian slaughtered animals in the years 2000-2005
Fouad M Haridy
General Organization for Veterinary Services, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 36:1087-100. 2006
Hydatidosis was investigated among camels, sheep, goats, and pigs in Egyptian official abattoirs, from August 2000 to August 2005, and among cows and buffaloes were in Mansoura official abattoirs, in the year 2005...
- A V H H that neutralizes the zinc metalloproteinase activity of botulinum neurotoxin type A
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
J Biol Chem 285:9657-66. 2010
..This antibody fragment warrants further development as a therapeutic agent for botulism...
- Molecular epidemiology of camel trypanosomiasis based on ITS1 rDNA and RoTat 1.2 VSG gene in the Sudan
Department of Collaboration and Education, Research Center for Zoonosis Control, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 001 0020, Japan
Parasit Vectors 4:31. 2011
..cross sectional study was carried out in the period from September to November 2009 on samples collected from 687 camels from geographically distinct zones in the Sudan to detect all possible African trypanosomes, which can infect ..
- Experimental infection of camels with bluetongue virus
C A Batten
Institute for Animal Health, Ash Road, Pirbright, Woking, GU24 0NF, UK
Res Vet Sci 90:533-5. 2011
Three camels aged 4-5 years were experimentally infected with Bluetongue virus serotype 1 (BTV-1) and were observed for 75 days...
- PCR amplification of RoTat 1.2 VSG gene in Trypanosoma evansi isolates in Kenya
J M Ngaira
Department of Biochemistry, Kenyatta University, P O Box 43844, Nairobi, Kenya
Vet Parasitol 120:23-33. 2004
..Sixteen out of 51 (31.4%) parasitologically positive camels were negative by the antibody detection test...
- Population sub-structuring among Trypanosoma evansi stocks
Z K Njiru
School of Nursing, Murdoch University, Carleton Place, 15 17, Mandurah, WA, 6150, Australia
Parasitol Res 101:1215-24. 2007
..the population genetic structure of Trypanosoma evansi from domesticated animals, we have analysed 112 stocks from camels, buffaloes, cattle and horses using the tandemly repeated coding sequence (MORF2) and minisatellite markers 292 ..