robotic surgical procedures
Summary: Surgical procedures performed using a computer that remotely controls surgical instruments attached to mechanical arms designed to perform the tasks of the surgeon.
- Katon J, Gray K, Callegari L, Gardella C, GIBSON C, Ma E, et al. Trends in hysterectomy rates among women veterans in the US Department of Veterans Affairs. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:428.e1-428.e11 pubmed publisher..6%, respectively. These findings suggest that gynecology care provided within Veterans Affairs has kept pace with national trends in reducing hysterectomy rates and increasing utilization of minimally invasive surgical techniques. ..
- Liu R, Liu Q, Zhao Z, Tan X, Gao Y, Zhao G. Robotic versus laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy: A propensity score-matched study. J Surg Oncol. 2017;116:461-469 pubmed publisher..007). RDP also reduced postoperative hospital stay (PHS) significantly (7.67% vs 8.58, P?=?0.032). RDP is associated with less rate of conversion to laparotomy, shorter PHS, and improved SP and SVP rates in selected patients than LDP. ..
- Salehi S, Avall Lundqvist E, Legerstam B, Carlson J, Falconer H. Robot-assisted laparoscopy versus laparotomy for infrarenal paraaortic lymphadenectomy in women with high-risk endometrial cancer: A randomised controlled trial. Eur J Cancer. 2017;79:81-89 pubmed publisher..Generalisability of the latter finding requires a high-volume setting and high surgical proficiency. In women with high-risk endometrial cancer confined to the uterus, RALS is a valid treatment modality. ClinicalTrials.govNCT01847703. ..
- Hung S, Yang C, Cheng C, Ou Y. Long-term Oncologic Outcomes of Robotic-assisted Radical Prostatectomy by a Single Surgeon. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4157-4164 pubmed..Furthermore, postoperative risk factors such as metastatic lymph node, pathology Gleason score, and nadir PSA <0.003 ng/ml were independent predictors of biochemical recurrence. ..
- Kibrik P, Eisenberg J, Bjurlin M, Marks N, Hingorani A, Ascher E. Endoureteral coil embolization of an ureteral arterial fistula. Vascular. 2017;25:557-560 pubmed publisher..However, when endovascular options are not satisfactory, coil embolization of the ureteral stump may serve as a safe and effective alternative treatment for these cases. ..
- Prabhu A, Dickens E, Copper C, Mann J, Yunis J, Phillips S, et al. Laparoscopic vs Robotic Intraperitoneal Mesh Repair for Incisional Hernia: An Americas Hernia Society Quality Collaborative Analysis. J Am Coll Surg. 2017;225:285-293 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are necessary to identify the best candidates for the rIPOM approach. ..
- Fridriksson J, Folkvaljon Y, Lundström K, Robinson D, Carlsson S, Stattin P. Long-term adverse effects after retropubic and robot-assisted radical prostatectomy. Nationwide, population-based study. J Surg Oncol. 2017;116:500-506 pubmed publisher..48 (95%CI?=?1.01-2.16), and RR for procedures 1.52 (95%CI?=?1.02-2.26). The postoperative risk profile for RARP and RRP was quite similar. However, risk of anastomotic stricture was lower and risk of incisional hernia higher after RARP. ..
- Marnitz S, Köhler C, Budach V, Neumann O, Kluge A, Wlodarczyk W, et al. Brachytherapy-emulating robotic radiosurgery in patients with cervical carcinoma. Radiat Oncol. 2013;8:109 pubmed publisher..Acute toxicity was mild. Longer follow-up is needed to evaluate the oncological equality. ..
- Sankaran V, Sinha S. Robotic Kidney Transplantation-an Update. Curr Urol Rep. 2017;18:45 pubmed publisher..There are capital costs associated with this procedure, but further studies on the cost-effectiveness of robotic kidney transplantation are needed before it can be adopted widely. ..
- Jin S, Park J, Kim D, Yoon S, Kim E, Hwang J, et al. Comparison of postoperative pain between laparoscopic and robot-assisted partial nephrectomies for renal tumors: A propensity score matching analysis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7581 pubmed publisher..Postoperative pain was not significantly different between patients who underwent RAPN and those who underwent LPN. This result provides a potentially useful knowledge of postoperative pain characteristics in RAPN and LPN. ..
- Zenga J, Suko J, Kallogjeri D, Pipkorn P, Nussenbaum B, Jackson R. Postoperative hemorrhage and hospital revisit after transoral robotic surgery. Laryngoscope. 2017;127:2287-2292 pubmed publisher..Medical comorbidity and tonsillar subsite may be independent risk factors for POH. These data provide a benchmark for informed decision making in TORS and a basis for further study. 4. Laryngoscope, 127:2287-2292, 2017. ..
- Cao Y, Li J, Shen L, Wang J, Xia Z, Tao K, et al. Gastric cancer in a situs inversus totalis patient with multiple intestinal and vessel variations related to gastrectomy surgery: A case report and literature review. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8209 pubmed publisher..As exemplified by our case, SIT might be accompanied by multiple anatomic variations. Detailed preoperative detailed imaging of the blood vessels and gastrointestinal tract is useful in these patients. ..
- Shih Y, Shen C, Hu J. Do Robotic Surgical Systems Improve Profit Margins? A Cross-Sectional Analysis of California Hospitals. Value Health. 2017;20:1221-1225 pubmed publisher..As robotic surgical systems become widely disseminated, hospital decision makers should carefully evaluate the financial and clinical implications before making a capital investment in this technology. ..
- Miller B, Salehi A, Limbrick D, Smyth M. Applications of a robotic stereotactic arm for pediatric epilepsy and neurooncology surgery. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2017;20:364-370 pubmed publisher..Further work, including long-term analysis of results and cost-effectiveness, will help determine the utility of this system and if its applications can be expanded. ..
- Blecha S, Harth M, Schlachetzki F, Zeman F, Blecha C, Flora P, et al. Changes in intraocular pressure and optic nerve sheath diameter in patients undergoing robotic-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy in steep 45° Trendelenburg position. BMC Anesthesiol. 2017;17:40 pubmed publisher..Despite several ocular changes during RALP, visual function was not significantly impaired postoperatively. Z-2014-0387-6 . Registered 8 July 2014. ..
- Pedrazzani C, Moro M, Mantovani G, Lazzarini E, Conci S, Ruzzenente A, et al. C-reactive protein as early predictor of complications after minimally invasive colorectal resection. J Surg Res. 2017;210:261-268 pubmed publisher..This measurement is a largely available, inexpensive, and easy-to-use tool that allows early and safe discharge in the setting of colorectal MIS and enhanced recovery programs. ..
- Zhou Y. [Era of enhanced recovery after surgery and robotic gastric cancer surgery]. Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2017;20:495-499 pubmed..The improvement of ERAS program on the outcome of patients should be summarized regularly and the new interventional strategies should be evaluated further according to the international standard. ..
- Cybulska P, Schiavone M, Sawyer B, Gardner G, Zivanovic O, Brown C, et al. Trocar site hernia development in patients undergoing robotically assisted or standard laparoscopic staging surgery for endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:371-374 pubmed publisher..001). MIS for endometrial cancer is associated with a low rate of trocar site hernia formation, with similar rates associated with RBT and standard LSC. Higher BMI is associated with the development of postoperative trocar site hernias. ..
- van Iersel J, Formijne Jonkers H, Paulides T, Verheijen P, Draaisma W, Consten E, et al. Robot-Assisted Ventral Mesh Rectopexy for Rectal Prolapse: A 5-Year Experience at a Tertiary Referral Center. Dis Colon Rectum. 2017;60:1215-1223 pubmed publisher..Robotic assistance appears advantageous for this procedure, but literature regarding robot-assisted ventral mesh rectopexy is limited...
- Feng A, Razavi C, Lakshminarayanan P, Ashai Z, Olds K, Balicki M, et al. The robotic ENT microsurgery system: A novel robotic platform for microvascular surgery. Laryngoscope. 2017;127:2495-2500 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the MTS is a feasible grading system for assessing microvascular tremor. NA. Laryngoscope, 127:2495-2500, 2017. ..
- Hu J, Hung S, Ou Y. Assessments of Neoadjuvant Hormone Therapy Followed by Robotic-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy for Intermediate- and High-Risk Prostate Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3143-3150 pubmed..87.5%, p=0.0243). NHT followed by RaLP may provide clinicopathological benefits, especially in patients with pre-operative PSA values between 10-20 and above 50. Further prospective studies are needed to assess the impacts of NHT. ..
- Kneuertz P, Kamel M, Stiles B, Lee B, Rahouma M, Nasar A, et al. Robotic Thymectomy Is Feasible for Large Thymomas: A Propensity-Matched Comparison. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:1673-1678 pubmed publisher..45). No difference was seen in R0 resection rates (90% versus 85%, p = 0.62). RAT can be performed safely and effectively in a radical fashion for large thymomas. Future studies are necessary to determine long-term oncologic outcomes. ..
- Pai A, Marecik S, Park J, Prasad L. Robotic Colorectal Surgery for Neoplasia. Surg Clin North Am. 2017;97:561-572 pubmed publisher..In general, robotic surgery is more beneficial for surgeons than it is for patients. ..
- Jeong I, Khandwala Y, Kim J, Han D, Li S, Wang Y, et al. Association of Robotic-Assisted vs Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy With Perioperative Outcomes and Health Care Costs, 2003 to 2015. JAMA. 2017;318:1561-1568 pubmed publisher..Use of robotic surgery has increased in urological practice over the last decade. However, the use, outcomes, and costs of robotic nephrectomy are unknown...
- Wei L, Xue T, Tao K, Zhang G, Zhao G, Yu S, et al. Modified human uterus transplantation using ovarian veins for venous drainage: the first report of surgically successful robotic-assisted uterus procurement and follow-up for 12Â months. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:346-356.e1 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the feasibility of live-donor uterine transplantation with a low-dose immunosuppressive protocol and the role of DaVinci robotic assistance during human uterine procurement. XJZT12Z06. ..
- Covotta M, Claroni C, Torregiani G, Naccarato A, Tribuzi S, Zinilli A, et al. A Prospective, Randomized, Clinical Trial on the Effects of a Valveless Trocar on Respiratory Mechanics During Robotic Radical Cystectomy: A Pilot Study. Anesth Analg. 2017;124:1794-1801 pubmed publisher..9] versus ST group 22.1 [0.9] mL cm H2O, P < .01). Both groups had similar Vt (P = .24). During RARC, use of a VT was associated with a significantly lower Pplat and improvement in other respiratory parameters. ..
- Zhang H, Yuan W, Zhou Q, Gu X, Wang F. [Efficacy comparison of robotic and laparoscopic radical surgery in the treatment of middle-low rectal cancer]. Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2017;20:540-544 pubmed..There was no death in two groups. Robotic radical surgery in the treatment of middle-low rectal cancers is safe and effective with the advantages of less trauma, less bleeding, rapid recovery of intestinal function and urinary function. ..
- Zubair M, Smith J. Updates in Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery for General Surgeons. Surg Clin North Am. 2017;97:889-898 pubmed publisher..In addition, cost data have been inconsistent. Further ongoing trials are needed to help determine the exact roles for these innovative procedures. ..
- de Buck van Overstraeten A, Mark Christensen A, Wasmann K, Bastiaenen V, Buskens C, Wolthuis A, et al. Transanal Versus Transabdominal Minimally Invasive (Completion) Proctectomy With Ileal Pouch-anal Anastomosis in Ulcerative Colitis: A Comparative Study. Ann Surg. 2017;266:878-883 pubmed publisher..64-3.36] P = 0.13), which was not significant. Ta-IPAA for UC is a safe procedure, resulting in fewer patients with morbidity, but comparable CCI when morbidity is present. Overall, ta-IPAA led to lower CCI scores. ..
- Matei D, Vartolomei M, Musi G, Renne G, Tringali V, Mistretta F, et al. Outcomes of robot-assisted simple enucleation of renal masses: A single European center experience. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6771 pubmed publisher..Complication rate is low and associated with ASA score >3, longer OT, and ?Hb. RASE is suitable for the clamp-less approach, which allows to perform easier the pure enucleation (SIB 0) and to obtain higher rates of trifecta outcomes. ..
- Liu J. [Current status and changes of metabolic and bariatric surgery in China]. Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2017;20:378-382 pubmed..This review discusses the status quo and changes of MBS in china, as well as the new technology in MBS, aiming to strengthen the information and comprehension of MBS in china. ..
- Alvarez Garzón H, Maubon T, Jauffret C, Vieille P, Fatton B, de Tayrac R. Synthetic mesh repair of an anterior perineal hernia following robotic radical urethrocystectomy. Int Braz J Urol. 2017;43:982-986 pubmed publisher..Literature review shows that whether perineal, abdominal or combined approach is chosen, surgery must respect hernia repair principles. ..
- Du J, Mo H, Fan L, Jiang J. Robot-assisted internal mammary lymph chain excision for breast cancer: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7894 pubmed publisher..Current techniques for dissection of internal mammary lymph node biopsy involve endoscopic or Traditional thoracic surgery, An important drawback of the current techniques is the great trauma caused by them...
- . Committee opinion no. 628: robotic surgery in gynecology. Obstet Gynecol. 2015;125:760-7 pubmed publisher..Well-designed randomized controlled trials or comparably rigorous nonrandomized prospective trials are needed to determine which patients are likely to benefit from robot-assisted surgery and to establish the potential risks. ..
- Mehaffey J, Michaels A, Mullen M, Yount K, Meneveau M, Smith P, et al. Adoption of robotics in a general surgery residency program: at what cost?. J Surg Res. 2017;213:269-273 pubmed publisher..Increased operative time and hospital costs are substantial. An institution must be cognizant of these effects when considering implementing robotics in departments with a general surgery residency program. ..