cardiac valve annuloplasty
Summary: A type of heart valve surgery that involves the repair, replacement, or reconstruction of the annuli of HEART VALVES. It includes shortening the circumference of the annulus to improve valve closing capacity and reinforcing the annulus as a step in more complex valve repairs.
- Matsuzaki K, Tsukada T, Sato M, Watanabe Y, Ikeda A, Konishi T, et al. Mediastinal Abscess Caused by an Expanded Polytetrafluoroethylene Membrane. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:e49-e51 pubmed publisher..This is the first reported case of sterile mediastinal abscess caused by an ePTFE membrane after a cardiac operation. ..
- Li H, Gu C. Off-Pump Semicircular Annuloplasty: Effective Treatment of Concurrent Moderate Aortic Regurgitation. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:e97-e99 pubmed publisher..Thus we adopted off-pump semicircular annuloplasty to treat concurrent moderate AR in 12 high-risk patients. Early follow-up results showed that this way is simple, safe, and effective. ..
- Pigula F, METTLER B. Management of Tricuspid Regurgitation in Patients With Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017;29:64-69 pubmed publisher..Tricuspid valve (TV) performance is critical for palliation of hypoplastic left heart syndrome. We will review current TV repair techniques, outcomes, and novel approaches. ..
- Charfeddine S, Hammami R, Triki F, Abid L, Hentati M, Frikha I, et al. [Plastic repair of tricuspid valve: Carpentier's ring annuloplasty versus De VEGA technique]. Pan Afr Med J. 2017;27:119 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, preoperative high PASP is predictive of recurrent leakage of tricuspid valve even after plasty; hence the importance of surgery in the treatment of patients at an early stage of the disease. ..
- Konstantinidou M, Moat N. Repair of Tricuspid Valve Leaflet With CardioCel Patch After Traumatic Tricuspid Regurgitation. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:e221-e223 pubmed publisher..The tricuspid valve was successfully reconstructed with a CardioCel patch, Gore-Tex neochordae, and a tricuspid ring. The patient recovered well. ..
- Vahanian A, Alfieri O, Andreotti F, Antunes M, Baron Esquivias G, Baumgartner H, et al. Guidelines on the management of valvular heart disease (version 2012): the Joint Task Force on the Management of Valvular Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS). Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2012;42:S1-44 pubmed publisher
- Hahn R, Meduri C, Davidson C, Lim S, Nazif T, Ricciardi M, et al. Early Feasibility Study of a Transcatheter Tricuspid Valve Annuloplasty: SCOUT Trial 30-Day Results. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:1795-1806 pubmed publisher..Early Feasibility of the Mitralign Percutaneous Tricuspid Valve Annuloplasty System (PTVAS) Also Known as TriAlign [SCOUT]; NCT02574650.). ..
- Ancona F, Stella S, Taramasso M, Marini C, Latib A, Denti P, et al. Multimodality imaging of the tricuspid valve with implication for percutaneous repair approaches. Heart. 2017;103:1073-1081 pubmed publisher..An example of intraprocedural multimodality imaging approach with TOE, fluoroscopy, angiography and intracardiac echocardiography is also reported. ..
- Zhang Z, Yin K, Dong L, Sun Y, Guo C, Lin Y, et al. Surgical management of traumatic tricuspid insufficiency. J Card Surg. 2017;32:342-346 pubmed publisher..Early surgery is recommended for achieving a successful valve repair and preserving right ventricular function. ..
- Esaki J, Leshnower B, Binongo J, Lasanajak Y, McPherson L, Guyton R, et al. Risk Factors for Late Aortic Valve Dysfunction After the David V Valve-Sparing Root Replacement. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:1479-1487 pubmed publisher..Durable valve function can be expected; however, aortic root size 55 cm or more, bicuspid valve anatomy, and cusp repair represent independent risk factors for late aortic valve dysfunction after these procedures. ..
- Martin E, Mohammadi S, Jacques F, Kalavrouziotis D, Voisine P, Doyle D, et al. Clinical Outcomes Following the Ross Procedure in Adults: A 25-Year Longitudinal Study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1890-1899 pubmed publisher..Very few reports of long-term outcomes of patients who underwent the Ross procedure have been published...