Summary: Cholangiocarcinoma arising near or at the confluence of the right and left hepatic ducts (COMMON HEPATIC DUCT). These tumors are generally small, sharply localized, and seldom metastasizing.
- Celotti A, Solaini L, Montori G, Coccolini F, Tognali D, Baiocchi G. Preoperative biliary drainage in hilar cholangiocarcinoma: Systematic review and meta-analysis. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017;43:1628-1635 pubmed publisher..PBD seems to be associated with higher postoperative morbidity and increases the risk of wound infections. Further prospective studies are needed to better define the impact of PBD in outcomes after surgery for hilar cholangiocarcinoma. ..
- Kimura N, Young A, Toyoki Y, Wyatt J, Toogood G, Hidalgo E, et al. Radical operation for hilar cholangiocarcinoma in comparable Eastern and Western centers: Outcome analysis and prognostic factors. Surgery. 2017;162:500-514 pubmed publisher..90; P = .005) were risk factors for poor survival. Disease-specific survival and prognostic factors were similar in both centers. Meticulous operative technique to avoid perioperative blood transfusion may improve long-term survival. ..
- Rungsakulkij N, Sornmayura P, Tannaphai P. Isolated IgG4-related sclerosing cholangitis misdiagnosed as malignancy in an area with endemic cholangiocarcinoma: a case report. BMC Surg. 2017;17:17 pubmed publisher..IgG4-related sclerosing cholangitis with perihilar obstruction should be considered even in areas where cholangiocarcinoma is endemic. ..
- Talukder S, Behera A, Tandup C, Mitra S. Isolated implant metastasis in chest wall due to seeding of transpleurally placed PTBD catheter tract in a case of hilar cholangiocarcinoma. BMJ Case Rep. 2017;2017: pubmed publisher..The metastasis was resected and, on pathological analysis, was confirmed to be due to implantation of malignant cells along the tract of the PTBD catheter placed via a transpleural route. ..
- Li L, Ding J, Han J, Wu H. A nomogram prediction of postoperative surgical site infections in patients with perihilar cholangiocarcinoma. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7198 pubmed publisher..The nomogram can be used to estimate the risk of postoperative SSIs in patients with PHCC. ..
- Olthof P, Wiggers J, Groot Koerkamp B, Coelen R, Allen P, Besselink M, et al. Postoperative Liver Failure Risk Score: Identifying Patients with Resectable Perihilar Cholangiocarcinoma Who Can Benefit from Portal Vein Embolization. J Am Coll Surg. 2017;225:387-394 pubmed publisher..The proposed risk score can be used for selection of patients for portal vein embolization, for adequate patient counseling, and identification of other modifiable risk factors besides liver volume. ..
- Yoshida K, Matsuyama R, Mori R, Kumamoto T, Matsuo K, Takeda K, et al. Immunohistochemical Comparison of Malignancy Between Radial Invasion and Mucosal Extension in Hilar Cholangiocarcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5805-5812 pubmed..To compare the cells of mucosal extension (ME) and radial invasion (RI) in hilar cholangiocarcinoma (HCCA) for optimal resection...
- Tang Z, Yang Y, Meng W, Li X. Best option for preoperative biliary drainage in Klatskin tumor: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8372 pubmed publisherThe operative treatment combined with preoperative biliary drainage (PBD) has been established as a safe Klatskin tumor (KT) treatment strategy. However, there has always been a dispute for the preferred technique for PBD technique...
- Lee E, Park S, Han S, Park H, Lee S, Kim S, et al. Mortality after portal vein embolization: Two case reports. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e5446 pubmed publisher..In this study, we described 2 elderly patients with Bismuth-Corlette type IV Klatskin tumor who underwent right trisectional PVE involving the embolization of the right portal vein, the left medial ..