Genomes and Genes
Summary: Compounds that contain the structure 1,4-dioxane.
- Ibrahim G, Weidauer S, MacDonald R. Interobserver variability in the interpretation of computed tomography following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. J Neurosurg. 2011;115:1191-6 pubmed publisher..Variability in interpretation of CT scans has implications for patient care and conduct of clinical trials. It may be beneficial to develop standardized assessments to ensure consistent evaluation of measured variables. ..
- MacDonald R, Higashida R, Keller E, Mayer S, Molyneux A, Raabe A, et al. Randomized trial of clazosentan in patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage undergoing endovascular coiling. Stroke. 2012;43:1463-9 pubmed publisher..Clazosentan 15 mg/h significantly reduced postaSAH vasospasm-related morbidity/all-cause mortality; however, neither dose improved outcome (extended Glasgow Outcome Scale). ..
- Barth M, Capelle H, Munch E, Thome C, Fiedler F, Schmiedek P, et al. Effects of the selective endothelin A (ET(A)) receptor antagonist Clazosentan on cerebral perfusion and cerebral oxygenation following severe subarachnoid hemorrhage - preliminary results from a randomized clinical series. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2007;149:911-8; discussion 918 pubmed..Furthermore, clazosentan may exert beneficial actions on overt vasospasm-associated hypoperfusion. ..
- Smietanski M. Randomized clinical trial comparing a polypropylene with a poliglecaprone and polypropylene composite mesh for inguinal hernioplasty. Br J Surg. 2008;95:1462-8 pubmed publisher..No difference in pain or recurrence rates were observed at 12 months. CCT-NAPN-17412 (http://www.controlled-trials.com) Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Schubert G, Schilling L, Thome C. Clazosentan, an endothelin receptor antagonist, prevents early hypoperfusion during the acute phase of massive experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage: a laser Doppler flowmetry study in rats. J Neurosurg. 2008;109:1134-40 pubmed publisher..Although research currently focuses on delayed vasospasm, administration of vasoactive drugs in the acute phase of SAH may reverse perfusion deficits and improve patient recovery. ..
- Smietanski M, Bigda J, Zaborowski K, Worek M, Sledzinski Z. Three-year follow-up of modified Lichtenstein inguinal hernioplasty using lightweight poliglecaprone/polypropylene mesh. Hernia. 2009;13:239-42 pubmed publisher..The use of partially absorbable light mesh reduces postoperative pain at long-term follow-up. The recurrence rate was not increased at 36 months follow-up. ..
- Kim H, Kuhn R, Patkar C, Warrier R, Cushman M. Synthesis of dioxane-based antiviral agents and evaluation of their biological activities as inhibitors of Sindbis virus replication. Bioorg Med Chem. 2007;15:2667-79 pubmed..4 microM as an inhibitor of Sindbis virus replication. Both compounds were not cytotoxic in uninfected BHK cells at concentrations of 1mM. ..
- Junge K, Rosch R, Krones C, Klinge U, Mertens P, Lynen P, et al. Influence of polyglecaprone 25 (Monocryl) supplementation on the biocompatibility of a polypropylene mesh for hernia repair. Hernia. 2005;9:212-7 pubmed
- Vajkoczy P, Meyer B, Weidauer S, Raabe A, Thome C, Ringel F, et al. Clazosentan (AXV-034343), a selective endothelin A receptor antagonist, in the prevention of cerebral vasospasm following severe aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter phase IIa stud. J Neurosurg. 2005;103:9-17 pubmed..This study indicates that clazosentan reduces the frequency and severity of cerebral vasospasm following severe aneurysmal SAH with the incidence and severity of adverse events comparable to that of placebo. ..
- Kim H, Patkar C, Warrier R, Kuhn R, Cushman M. Design, synthesis, and evaluation of dioxane-based antiviral agents targeted against the Sindbis virus capsid protein. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2005;15:3207-11 pubmed..Both compounds were not cytotoxic in uninfected BHK cells at concentrations of 1mM. ..
- Pêgo A, van Luyn M, Brouwer L, van Wachem P, Poot A, Grijpma D, et al. In vivo behavior of poly(1,3-trimethylene carbonate) and copolymers of 1,3-trimethylene carbonate with D,L-lactide or epsilon-caprolactone: Degradation and tissue response. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2003;67:1044-54 pubmed
- van Giersbergen P, Dingemanse J. Tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of clazosentan, a parenteral endothelin receptor antagonist. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2007;63:151-8 pubmed..The observed tolerability, pharmacokinetic, and pharmacodynamic profile warrant further clinical development of clazosentan at lower doses. ..
- MacDonald R, Kassell N, Mayer S, Ruefenacht D, Schmiedek P, Weidauer S, et al. Clazosentan to overcome neurological ischemia and infarction occurring after subarachnoid hemorrhage (CONSCIOUS-1): randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 2 dose-finding trial. Stroke. 2008;39:3015-21 pubmed publisher
- Al Najjar A, Mohamed M, Shehata M, Shoukry M. Tripropyltin(iv) complexes with some selected bioligands in 50% v/v dioxane/water mixture. Ann Chim. 2006;96:97-107 pubmed..The participation of different ligand functional groups in binding to organotin is discussed. The speciation diagrams of the various complex species were evaluated as a function of pH. ..
- Fattorusso C, Campiani G, Catalanotti B, Persico M, Basilico N, Parapini S, et al. Endoperoxide derivatives from marine organisms: 1,2-dioxanes of the plakortin family as novel antimalarial agents. J Med Chem. 2006;49:7088-94 pubmed..a series of semisynthetic derivatives in order to gain insights into the structural requirements of simple 1,2-dioxanes for exhibiting antimalarial activity...
- Wörmeyer K, Ingram T, Saake B, Brunner G, Smirnova I. Comparison of different pretreatment methods for lignocellulosic materials. Part II: Influence of pretreatment on the properties of rye straw lignin. Bioresour Technol. 2011;102:4157-64 pubmed publisher..Lignin products from the soda process, the Aquasolve process and with reservation the organosolv process show interesting properties for polymer applications. ..
- Carrera G, Vegué L, Boleda M, Ventura F. Simultaneous determination of the potential carcinogen 1,4-dioxane and malodorous alkyl-1,3-dioxanes and alkyl-1,3-dioxolanes in environmental waters by solid-phase extraction and gas chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1487:1-13 pubmed publisher..Alkyl-1,3-dioxanes and alkyl-1,3-dioxolanes are compounds that have been identified as causing several odor episodes in waters over ..
- Muroi C, Seule M, Mishima K, Keller E. Novel treatments for vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Curr Opin Crit Care. 2012;18:119-26 pubmed publisher..Reviewing the recent literature, there have been some updates on recommendations and newer treatment modalities are under evaluation. However, a novel treatment with convincing evidence has not been reported so far. ..
- Qian F, Liu K, Ma H. Amidinate aluminium complexes: synthesis, characterization and ring-opening polymerization of rac-lactide. Dalton Trans. 2010;39:8071-83 pubmed publisher..The broad molecular weight distributions (PDI = 1.13-2.02) of the polymer samples indicated that the ROP of rac-lactide initiated by these complexes was not well-controlled. ..
- Cameron D, Shaver M. Aliphatic polyester polymer stars: synthesis, properties and applications in biomedicine and nanotechnology. Chem Soc Rev. 2011;40:1761-76 pubmed publisher..These macromolecular materials are further categorized by core molecules, catalysts employed, self-assembly and degradation properties and the resulting fields of application (262 references). ..
- Ho K, Aman A, Al Awar R, Shoichet M. Amphiphilic micelles of poly(2-methyl-2-carboxytrimethylene carbonate-co-D,L-lactide)-graft-poly(ethylene glycol) for anti-cancer drug delivery to solid tumours. Biomaterials. 2012;33:2223-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, these polymeric nanoparticles are promising vehicles for solid tumour drug delivery applications, offering greater tumour exposure while eliminating the need for toxic solvents and surfactants in the dosing formulation...
- Efthimiou M, Symeonidis D, Koukoulis G, Tepetes K, Zacharoulis D, Tzovaras G. Open inguinal hernia repair with the use of a polyglycolic acid-trimethylene carbonate absorbable mesh: a pilot study. Hernia. 2011;15:181-4 pubmed publisher..Further studies with a larger number of patients and longer follow up are needed in order to confirm the possible favourable effects of this mesh type. ..
- D Auria I, Lamberti M, Mazzeo M, Milione S, Roviello G, Pellecchia C. Coordination chemistry and reactivity of zinc complexes supported by a phosphido pincer ligand. Chemistry. 2012;18:2349-60 pubmed publisher..Preliminary investigations showed the ability of these complexes to promote copolymerization of L-lactide and ?-caprolactone to achieve random copolymers whose microstructure reproduces the composition of the monomer feed. ..