Summary: A thiazole derivative and inhibitor of XANTHINE OXIDASE that is used for the treatment of HYPERURICEMIA in patients with chronic GOUT.
- Deeks E. Lesinurad: A Review in Hyperuricaemia of Gout. Drugs Aging. 2017;34:401-410 pubmed publisher..allopurinol in adults with gout inadequately responsive to allopurinol (CLEAR 1 and 2) and in combination with febuxostat in adults with tophaceous gout (CRYSTAL)...
- Lin Z, Zhang R, Fan C, Liang Y, Li L, Zhao L, et al. [Effect of febuxostat on epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition of kidney tubules, serum interleukin-6 and transforming growth factor ?(1) in hyperuricemic rats]. Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi. 2017;56:363-367 pubmed publisherb>Objective: To observe the effect of febuxostat on epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EMT) of kidney tubules and the levels of serum IL-6 nad transforming growth factor (TGF)?(1) in hyperuricemic rats...
- Smelcerovic A, Tomovic K, Smelcerovic Z, Petronijevic Z, Kocic G, Tomasić T, et al. Xanthine oxidase inhibitors beyond allopurinol and febuxostat; an overview and selection of potential leads based on in silico calculated physico-chemical properties, predicted pharmacokinetics and toxicity. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;135:491-516 pubmed publisher..Derivatives of imidazole, 1,3-thiazole and pyrimidine proved to be more potent than febuxostat while also displaying/possessing favorable predicted physico-chemical, pharmacokinetic and toxicological ..
- Singh J, Cleveland J. Comparative effectiveness of allopurinol versus febuxostat for preventing incident renal disease in older adults: an analysis of Medicare claims data. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017;76:1669-1678 pubmed publisherTo assess the comparative effectiveness of allopurinol versus febuxostat for preventing incident renal disease in elderly...
- Vargas Santos A, Neogi T. Management of Gout and Hyperuricemia in CKD. Am J Kidney Dis. 2017;70:422-439 pubmed publisher..At present, asymptomatic hyperuricemia is not an indication for urate-lowering therapy, though emerging data may support a potential renoprotective effect. ..
- D Hayashi R, Yamaoka M, Nishizawa H, Fukuda S, Fujishima Y, Kimura T, et al. Multiple Gouty Tophi with Bone Erosion and Destruction: A Report of an Early-onset Case in an Obese Patient. Intern Med. 2017;56:1071-1077 pubmed publisher..In this case, bone and Ga-67 scintigraphy were useful for detecting the location and magnitude of gouty tophi. ..
- Nanmoku K, Kurosawa A, Shinzato T, Shimizu T, Kimura T, Yagisawa T. Febuxostat for the Prevention of Recurrent 2,8-dihydroxyadenine Nephropathy due to Adenine Phosphoribosyltransferase Deficiency Following Kidney Transplantation. Intern Med. 2017;56:1387-1391 pubmed publisher..After a genetic diagnosis, febuxostat treatment was started on postoperative day 7, with the dosage gradually increased to 80 mg/day until complete ..
- Dalbeth N, Jones G, Terkeltaub R, Khanna D, Kopicko J, Bhakta N, et al. Lesinurad, a Selective Uric Acid Reabsorption Inhibitor, in Combination With Febuxostat in Patients With Tophaceous Gout: Findings of a Phase III Clinical Trial. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1903-1913 pubmed publisherTo investigate the efficacy and safety of lesinurad in combination with febuxostat in a 12-month phase III trial in patients with tophaceous gout. Patients with serum urate (UA) ?8.0 mg/dl (?6...
- Kishimoto K, Kobayashi R, Hori D, Sano H, Suzuki D, Kobayashi K. Febuxostat as a Prophylaxis for Tumor Lysis Syndrome in Children with Hematological Malignancies. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5845-5849 pubmedThe aim of the present study was to determine if febuxostat could prevent tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) in children who received induction chemotherapy for hematologic malignancies.
- Singh J. Facilitators and barriers to adherence to urate-lowering therapy in African-Americans with gout: a qualitative study. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:R82 pubmed publisher..Identification of facilitators and barriers to high ULT adherence in African-Americans with gout in this study lays the foundation for designing interventions to improve ULT adherence in racial minorities. ..