Genomes and Genes
Summary: Legal documents that are declarations of individuals' wishes regarding the disposal of their property or estate after death; esp: written instruments, legally executed, by which dispositions are made of estates. LIVING WILLS are written declarations regarding prolongation of life by extraordinary means.
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- Testamentary capacity and suicide: an overview of legal and psychiatric issuesKenneth I Shulman
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4N 3M5
Int J Law Psychiatry 26:403-15. 2003
- Psychiatric issues in retrospective challenges of testamentary capacityKenneth I Shulman
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:63-9. 2005Challenges to Wills on the basis of lack of testamentary capacity are likely to increase due to a combination of economic factors, high prevalence of mental disorders in old age and the complexity of many modern families...
- [Aspects of senile dementia in ancient Rome: literary fiction and factual reality]Ferdinand Peter Moog
Institut fur Geschichte und Ethik der Medizin, Universitat zu Koln
Sudhoffs Arch 91:73-81. 2007..These measures were supposed to prevent extravagancy or doing business and legal acts like marriages or last wills in the state of diminished responsibility...
- [Medico-legal opinions in cases for annulment of testament. Part I. Characteristics of investigative material. Characteristics of testators]Jerzy T Marcinkowski
Katedry Medycyny Społecznej i Katedry i Zakładu Medycyny Sadowej Akademii Medycznej im Karola Marcinkowskiego w Poznaniu
Arch Med Sadowej Kryminol 57:34-41. 2007..Hence, the testaments were often drawn up in a hospital room or in a notary office where the patient was taken between consecutive hospitalizations...
- How to assess capacity to make a willRobin Jacoby
University of Oxford, Warneford Hospital, Oxford OX3 7JX
BMJ 335:155-7. 2007
- Judicial diagnosis. Guardianship and the incapacitated patientLynn Riley
Personal Financial Planning Department, Hinckley, Allen and Snyder, LLP, 1500 Fleet Center, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Med Health R I 85:219-20. 2002
- [Will it really bring more clarity or more reason for conflict? Patient self-determination soon to be law]Horst Gross
MMW Fortschr Med 149:12-4, 16. 2007
- Common pitfalls in the evaluation of testamentary capacityThomas G Gutheil
Program in Psychiatry and the Law, Department of Psychiatry, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 35:514-7. 2007..Forensic experience reveals that a series of common pitfalls awaits the unwary witness. This brief review identifies the more common pitfalls and suggests how to avoid them...
- The influence of motivational messages on future planning behaviors among HIV concordant positive and discordant couples in Lusaka, ZambiaR Stephenson
Hubert Department of Global Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
AIDS Care 20:150-60. 2008....
- Re: common pitfalls in the evaluation of testamentary capacityHarold J Bursztajn
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 36:157. 2008
- Medical confidentiality after a patient's death, with particular reference to The NetherlandsC Ploem
University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Med Law 20:215-20. 2001..Whether the position of the latter should be reinforced by introducing statutory provisions, is to be further explored...
- Property grabbing and will writing in Lusaka, Zambia: an examination of wills of HIV-infected cohabiting couplesE Mendenhall
Hubert Department of Global Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
AIDS Care 19:369-74. 2007..The Zambia-Emory HIV Research Project collected 184 wills from individuals in monogamous unions where one or both of the individuals were HIV-positive...
- [Psychiatric-psychological opinions in cases of declaration of will invalidation with emphasis on assessment of discretion]Elzbieta Skupień
Z Zakładu Psychologii Sadowej Instytutu Ekspertyz Sadowych im Prof Jana Sehna w Krakowie
Arch Med Sadowej Kryminol 58:37-42. 2008....
- Where there's a willSara Bird
Aust Fam Physician 33:843-4. 2004
- Exploring the law regarding the making and execution of willsBridgit Dimond
University of Glamorgan, UK
Br J Nurs 14:152-3. 2005
- The law regarding health records of the deceased in the UKBridgit Dimond
University of Glamorgan
Br J Nurs 14:391-2. 2005..Ben is seeking to access his father's health records to try and establish the mental state of his father at the time he made the will. He has applied to see the records. Will he be able to access them?..
- Wills and the district nurse: the importance of cautionRichard Griffith
Centre for Philosophy, Law and Healthcare, University of Wales, Swansea
Br J Community Nurs 10:387-91. 2005..Julie does not want to get involved but feels pressurized by John into signing and witnessing the will. John dies a week later. Julie is notified that the will is being contested by Sarah...
- The Family Wealth Preservation Trust Act: a new asset protection toolCori H Loomis
J Okla State Med Assoc 97:503. 2004
- State policy decisions in the 1990s with implications for the financial well-being of later-life familiesGretchen J Hill
Department of Criminology, Sociology, and Geography, Arkansas State University, P O Box 2410, State University, AR 72467, USA
J Aging Soc Policy 18:211-27. 2006..Research was suggested to answer questions raised by this study...
- Assessment of competency: a primerDanuta Mendelson
School of Law, Deakin University
J Law Med 14:156-66. 2006..The relevant tests and special factors are examined from an historical perspective...
- Sharing the wealth: the effect of siblings on adults' wealth ownershipLisa A Keister
Department of Sociology, Ohio State University, 300 Bricker Hall, 190 North Oval Mall, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Demography 40:521-42. 2003..The findings provide important insights into early family processes that shape wealth accumulation and inequality...
- Exploring the health-wealth nexusJonathan Meer
Department of Economics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Health Econ 22:713-30. 2003..And even when the point estimate is increased by twice its standard error (S.E.), the quantitative effect is small. We conclude that the wealth-health connection is not driven by short run changes in wealth...
- Access to health care records after death: balancing confidentiality with appropriate disclosureDavid J Robinson
Department of Medical Gerontology, Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
JAMA 297:634-6. 2007
- Widow inheritance and HIV/AIDS in rural UgandaE D Mabumba
Kashari Health Sub District, Mbarara District, PO Box 1, Mbarara, Uganda
Trop Doct 37:229-31. 2007..Voluntary counselling and testing is needed for the widows and their inheritors; formal dowry should be removed from marriage and widow inheritance stripped of its sexual component...
- Securing your family's future: the value of estate planningEllen Rinaldi
Investment Counseling and Research, The Vanguard Group, Valley Forge, PA 19482, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 137:1139-43. 2006..They also stress the importance of planning for incapacity...
- [Doctor, do you love your wife? Then make a testament!]Bernhard Mäulen
Instituts für Arztegesundheit 78048 Villingen Schwenningen
MMW Fortschr Med 145:4-8. 2003
- Ethical issues in the management of geriatric cardiac patientsLofty L Basta
University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Am J Geriatr Cardiol 14:331-2. 2005..The cardiologist acted in good faith, which resulted in losing the legal battle, the support of the hospital administration, and the friendship of the pulmonologist...
- Custody plans among parents living with human immunodeficiency virus infectionMary Jane Rotheram-Borus
AIDS Institute, Center for HIV Identification, Prevention, and Treatment Services, University of California, Los Angeles 90094 6521, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:327-32. 2004..To describe and to examine predictors of making custody plans by parents living with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection...
- [Are the "elderly" living at the expense of the "young"? Remarks on the burden distribution between "generations" in an aging population from the economic perspective]W Schmahl
Zentrum für Sozialpolitik, Universitat Bremen, Parkallee 39 28209 Bremen, Germany
Z Gerontol Geriatr 35:304-14. 2002..This requires an elaborated and differentiated reporting of distributional effects. This important precondition, however, does not exist in Germany...
- Equal division of estates and the exchange motiveEdward C Norton
Department of Health Policy and Administration, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, 27599 7411, USA
J Aging Soc Policy 17:63-82. 2005..The models control for selection, because many decedents do not file a record in probate court...
- Beyond death: inheriting the past and giving to the future, transmitting the legacy of one's selfElizabeth G Hunter
Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital, Lexington, Kentucky 40504, USA
Omega (Westport) 56:313-29. 2007..While the idea of legacy is often couched in terms of material possessions, it appears that passing on values and beliefs is more important to older adults...
- How does the mode of inheritance of a genetic condition influence families? A study of guilt, blame, stigma, and understanding of inheritance and reproductive risks in families with X-linked and autosomal recessive diseasesCynthia A James
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Genet Med 8:234-42. 2006..While the mode of inheritance of a genetic condition has long been considered to have not only medical, but also psychosocial consequences for families, this supposition has never been tested...
- Family security with a comprehensive financial planBrian Kuefler
First Tennessee Bank, USA
Tenn Med 99:35. 2006
- [Interview with attorney Gerhard Ruby, Villingen-Schwenningen. Practical tips on inheritance law]Gerhard Ruby
MMW Fortschr Med 145:10. 2003
- Estate planning for the second time aroundMaureen E Hansen
SVA Planners Inc, Brookfield, Wis, USA
WMJ 102:93-4. 2003
- Securing the futureWilliam Stewart
J Am Dent Assoc 137:1368; author reply 1368, 1370. 2006
- Dont let poor estate planning checkmate your family's futureHoward M Rochestie
J Mich Dent Assoc 85:34-7. 2003
- Protect your wealth now and laterHoward M Rochestie
N Y State Dent J 69:40-2. 2003
- Estate planningJohn W Reeder
LDA J 62:24-5. 2003
- Estate planningJohn W Reeder
LDA J 62:16-7. 2003
- Life insurance and its effect on estate taxationJoel M Blau
MEDIQUS Asset Advisors, Inc, 200 N LaSalle Street, Suite 500, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
J Med Pract Manage 17:210-2. 2002..Fortunately for most physicians, this ultimate liability has been drastically reduced, but it also has become much more complex. The key is to plan proactively with an understanding of the most current estate tax savings strategies...
- Care of patients with haemoglobin abnormalities: history and biologyAhmed D Khattab
Department of Nursing, Institute of Health and Community Studies, Bournemouth University
Br J Nurs 15:994-8. 2006..This article will focus on the biological basis of sickle cell disorders and will discuss the history and pathology of the conditions...
- A novel splice acceptor mutation in the DSPP gene causing dentinogenesis imperfecta type IIJ W Kim
Department of Biological and Material Sciences, University of Michigan Dental Research Laboratory, 1210 Eisenhower Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Hum Genet 115:248-54. 2004..Permanent dentition was severely affected in the adults, who had advanced dental attrition, premature loss of teeth, and extensive dental reconstruction...
- Chromosome 17p12-q11 harbors susceptibility loci for systemic lupus erythematosusCecilia M Johansson
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Unit for Medical Genetics, Rudbeck Laboratory, University of Uppsala, Dag Hammarskjölds väg 20, Uppsala, Sweden
Hum Genet 115:230-8. 2004..Several other interesting regions were found at 1p35, 1q31, 3q26, 5p15, 11q23 and 19q13, confirming previously identified loci for SLE or other autoimmune diseases...
- Disposition of a dental practice upon the death of a dentistDaniel J Schulte
J Mich Dent Assoc 87:18. 2005
- Where there's a will, there's a way. . . Part 1--protecting the future of your estateElisabeth McDowell
Aust Vet J 83:600-1. 2005
- Inheritance of cluster headache and its possible link to migraineL Kudrow
California Medical Clinic for Headache, Encino 91436
Headache 34:400-7. 1994..f 1652 relatives of all cluster patients, 3.45% had cluster headache (thirteen times the expected frequency of cluster headache in the general population) and 17.55% had migraine headaches.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Periodic catatonia: a schizophrenic subtype with major gene effect and anticipationG Stober
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 245:135-41. 1995..Thus, periodic catatonia as a specific clinical subtype of schizophrenia is a promising candidate for molecular genetic evaluation...
- Infantile scoliosis in Marfan syndromeP D Sponseller
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:509-16. 1997..Instrumentation without fusion should be considered only for patients with no significant kyphosis. Results of fusion are better for patients who are older than five years of age...
- Heat stress-induced life span extension in yeastS Shama
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70112, USA
Exp Cell Res 245:379-88. 1998..The results raise the possibility that the RAS genes and mitochondria may play a role in the epigenetic inheritance of reduced mortality rate afforded by transient, mild heat stress...
- [Genetics of hereditary cardiopathies]S Debrus
CRBM, CNRS UPR 9008 et INSERM U249, Montpellier
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 89:619-27. 1996..1, 3p22 and 12q1). In the near future, these incoming data will deeply modify the cardiovascular field...
- [Acute intermittent familial ataxia: report of a new family]M J Pérez-Rodríguez
Secci de Neuropediatría, Servicio de Pediatria, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid
Rev Neurol 24:570-1. 1996..For this purpose, a therapeutic test with acetazolamide can be useful, since in most cases a spectacular clinical improvement has been observed...
- Genetic exchange of determinants for capsular polysaccharide biosynthesis between Klebsiella pneumoniae strains expressing serotypes K2 and K21aI Ofek
Department of Human Microbiology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
Infect Immun 61:4208-16. 1993..However, KPA5, expressing the heterologous K21a CPS, was unusual in that the uniform capsular layer was physically separated from the cell wall by approximately 50 nm.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Cardiovascular characteristics in Marfan syndrome and their relation to the genotypeJ De Backer
Dienst Cardiologie, Centrum voor Medische Genetica Vakgroep Pediatrie en Genetica, Fac Geneeskunde en Gezondheidswetenschappen, UGent De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Gent
Verh K Acad Geneeskd Belg 71:335-71. 2009..Overall, this thesis nicely illustrates that close interaction and collaboration between cardiology and genetics is an added value to the study of disease pathogenesis of MFS and aortic aneurysms in general...
- Co-inheritance of alpha-and beta-thalassemia in Khuzestan Province, IranFakher Rahim
Research Center of Physiology, Ahwaz Jondishapur University of Medical Sciences, Ahwaz, Iran
Hematology 13:59-64. 2008..Individuals who have one or two abnormal alpha globin genes have alpha-thalassemia trait. The aim of this study was to detect alpha-thalassemia in beta-thalassemia carriers during prenatal screening...
- Familial mesial temporal lobe epilepsy: a benign epilepsy syndrome showing complex inheritanceDouglas E Crompton
Department of Medicine and Epilepsy Research Centre, University of Melbourne, Austin Health, West Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Brain 133:3221-31. 2010....
- A genetic analysis of human minor histocompatibility antigens demonstrates Mendelian segregation independent of HLAG M Schreuder
Department of Immunohaematology, University Hospital Leiden, The Netherlands
Immunogenetics 38:98-105. 1993..While we are aware of the limited results of this nonetheless comprehensive study, we feel the similarity in immunogenetic traits between human and mouse mH antigens is at least striking...
- Occurrence of plastids in the sperm cells of Caprifoliaceae: biparental plastid inheritance in angiosperms is unilaterally derived from maternal inheritanceYingchun Hu
Key Laboratory of Cell Proliferation and Differentiation Ministry of Education, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, PR China
Plant Cell Physiol 49:958-68. 2008..Thus, unlike previous studies, we suggest that biparental plastid inheritance in angiosperms was unilaterally converted from the maternal transmission mode during late angiosperm evolution...
- The selective increase or decrease of organellar DNA in generative cells just after pollen mitosis one controls cytoplasmic inheritanceN Nagata
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Planta 209:53-65. 1999..These results indicate that the modes of inheritance (paternal/biparental inheritance or maternal inheritance) of mitochondria and plastids are determined independently of each other in young generative cells just after PMI...
- Primary aldosteronism: learning from the study of familial varietiesM Stowasser
University Department of Medicine, Greenslopes Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
J Hypertens 18:1165-76. 2000....
- Inheritance patterns, dominance, stability, and allelism of insecticide resistance and cross-resistance in two colonies of Culex quinquefasciatus (Diptera: Culicidae) selected with cry toxins from Bacillus thuringiensis subsp, israelensisMargaret C Wirth
Department of Entomology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
J Med Entomol 47:814-22. 2010..thuringiensis subsp. israelensis de Barjac...
- Evolution of hierarchical cytoplasmic inheritance in the plasmodial slime mold Physarum polycephalumAkiko Iwanaga
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
Evolution 58:710-22. 2004..Based on the theoretical results of the site-specific nuclease model, we propose that a nested subsequence structure in the recognition sequence should underlie the linear dominance hierarchy of mitochondrial transmission...
- Mechanism and evolution of hypoxia-tolerance in humansP W Hochachka
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z4
J Exp Biol 201:1243-54. 1998..More recent evidence indicating that our species evolved under 'colder, drier and higher' conditions suggests that these adaptations may represent the 'ancestral' physiological condition for humans...
- Comparative mitochondrial genomics of freshwater mussels (Bivalvia: Unionoida) with doubly uniparental inheritance of mtDNA: gender-specific open reading frames and putative origins of replicationSophie Breton
Department of Biological Sciences, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio 44242, USA
Genetics 183:1575-89. 2009..We propose that unassigned regions are the most promising candidate sequences in which to find regulatory and/or gender-specific sequences that could determine whether a mitochondrial genome will be maternally or paternally transmitted...
- Multifunctional Merkel cells: their roles in electromagnetic reception, finger-print formation, Reiki, epigenetic inheritance and hair formM Kemal Irmak
Department of Histology and Embryology, School of Medicine, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, 06018 Etlik Ankara, Turkey
Med Hypotheses 75:162-8. 2010..In conclusion, Merkel cells are multifunctional cells which may close the gap between orthodox medicine and complementary medicine such as acupuncture and Reiki...
- Differences in end-of-life decision making among black and white ambulatory cancer patientsE D McKinley
Department of Medicine, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44109-1998, USA
J Gen Intern Med 11:651-6. 1996..white individuals have been shown to differ in their desire for life-sustaining treatments and their use of living wills for end-of-life care, but the reasons for these differences are unclear...
- Progressive osseous heteroplasia-like heterotopic ossification in a male infant with pseudohypoparathyroidism type Ia: a case reportInessa M Gelfand
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, Indiana University School of Medicine, James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Bone 40:1425-8. 2007..Mutations that cause PHP Ia when maternally inherited can cause POH when paternally inherited. We present an unusual case of a boy with clinical features of both POH and PHP Ia, and a GNAS inactivating mutation...
- Visualization of uniparental inheritance, Mendelian inconsistencies, deletions, and parent of origin effects in single nucleotide polymorphism trio data with SNPtrioJason C Ting
Department of Neurology, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Hum Mutat 28:1225-35. 2007..SNPtrio is freely accessible at http://pevsnerlab.kennedykrieger.org/SNPtrio.htm (Last accessed: 20 June 2007)...
- Thalassemia intermedia in HbH-CS disease with compound heterozygosity for beta-thalassemia: challenges in hemoglobin analysis and clinical diagnosisJin Ai Mary Anne Tan
Department of Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Genes Genet Syst 84:67-71. 2009..The presence of both the SEA deletion and CD41/42 in the mother of the patient suggests the possible introduction of these two defects into the family by marriage with a Chinese...
- Analysis of gene order data supports vertical inheritance of the leukotoxin operon and genome rearrangements in the 5' flanking region in genus MannheimiaJesper Larsen
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Stigbøjlen 4, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
BMC Evol Biol 7:184. 2007..We have tested the hypothesis that vertical inheritance of the leukotoxin (lktCABD) operon has occurred from the last common ancestor of genus Mannheimia to any ancestor of the diverging subclades by exploring gene order data...
- Ocular and nonocular findings in patients with aniridiaAlejandra Valenzuela
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, British Columbia Children s Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
Can J Ophthalmol 39:632-8. 2004..In this report we describe the various ocular manifestations of aniridia as well as the association of familial aniridia with two different ocular and systemic abnormalities present across three generations in two different families...
- Advance directives and outcomes of surrogate decision making before deathMaria J Silveira
Veterans Affairs Center for Clinical Management Research, and Division of General Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
N Engl J Med 362:1211-8. 2010..Recent discussions about health care reform have raised questions regarding the value of advance directives...
- Inheritance of resistance to mammalian herbivores and of plant defensive chemistry in a Eucalyptus speciesJulianne M O'Reilly-Wapstra
School of Zoology, CRC for Sustainable Production Forestry, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
J Chem Ecol 31:519-37. 2005..Their combined concentration, however, was inherited in an additive manner, consistent with the phenotypic differences in browsing...
- [Collagen type IV nephropathy: from thin basement membrane nephropathy to Alport syndrome]Emoke Endreffy
Szegedi Tudomanyegyetem, Szent Györgyi Albert Orvos és Gyógyszerésztudományi Centrum, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, Gyermekgyógyászati Klinika es Gyermekegészségügyi Központ, Szeged
Orv Hetil 146:2647-53. 2005..About 14% of Alport syndrome cases exhibit autosomal recessive, and 1% autosomal dominant inheritance, both caused by mutations in the Col(IV)A3 or Col(IV)A4 genes in boys and in girls...
- Inheritance of resistance to mammalian herbivores and of plant defensive chemistry in an Eucalyptus speciesJulianne M O'Reilly-Wapstra
School of Zoology, CRCfor Sustainable Production Forestry, University of Tasmania Private Bag 5, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, 7001
J Chem Ecol 31:357-75. 2005..Their combined concentration, however, was inherited in an additive manner, consistent with the phenotypic differences in browsing...
- Two novel mutations of the vasopressin gene associated with familial diabetes insipidus and identification of an asymptomatic carrier infantF D Grant
Endocrinology Hypertension Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83:3958-64. 1998....
- Germline Mosaicism for KIF21A Mutation (p.R954L) Mimicking Recessive Inheritance for Congenital Fibrosis of the Extraocular MusclesArif O Khan
Division of Pediatric Ophthalmology, King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Department of Genetics, Research Center, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Ophthalmology 117:154-8. 2010..To document the genotype for familial congenital fibrosis of the extraocular muscles (CFEOM) with apparent autosomal recessive inheritance...
- Peroxisomal peripheral membrane protein YlInp1p is required for peroxisome inheritance and influences the dimorphic transition in the yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaJinlan Chang
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alberta, MSB 5 14, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
Eukaryot Cell 6:1528-37. 2007..This study reports the first analysis of organelle inheritance in a true dimorphic yeast and identifies the first protein required for peroxisome inheritance in Y. lipolytica...
- Epigenetic inheritance in rice plantsKeiko Akimoto
Research and Education Center for Genetic Information, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Nara 630 0192, Japan
Ann Bot 100:205-17. 2007..The present study aims to find genes whose methylation status directly correlates with inheritance of phenotypic changes...
- Neonatal thyroid disordersAnnette Gruters
Department of Paediatric Endocrinology, Charite Children s Hospital, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Horm Res 59:24-9. 2003....
- No evidence of linkage between familial combined hyperlipidemia and genes encoding lipolytic enzymes in Finnish familiesP Pajukanta
National Public Health Institute, Department of Human Molecular Genetics, Helsinki, Finland
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 17:841-50. 1997..Data obtained by the affected sib-pair method supported these findings, suggesting that the LPL, HL, or HSL genes do not represent major loci influencing the expression of the FCHL phenotype...
- Toyama Kametaro and Vernon Kellogg: silkworm inheritance experiments in Japan, Siam, and the United States, 1900-1912Lisa Onaga
Department of Science and Technology Studies, Cornell University, 311 Rockefeller Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Hist Biol 43:215-64. 2010..All these shed light on the challenges that came along with the use of agricultural animals to convincingly articulate new biological principles...
- Inheritance of cleft palate in Italy. Evidence for a major autosomal recessive locusM Clementi
Dipartimento di Pediatria, Universita di Padova, Italy
Hum Genet 100:204-9. 1997..Application of the candidate genes to human CPH families could reveal whether these genes are involved...
- A Bayesian approach for discriminating among alternative inheritance hypotheses in plant polyploids: the allotetraploid origin of genus Borderea (Dioscoreaceae)Pilar Catalán
Departamento de Agricultura y Economía Agraria, Escuela Superior Politécnica de Huesca, Universidad de Zaragoza, Huesca, Spain
Genetics 172:1939-53. 2006..These results, along with previous allozyme data, support the allotetraploid origin of this paleoendemic genus and reveal the lowest reported chromosome base number for the family of the yams...
- Inheritance of immune polarization patterns is linked to resistance versus susceptibility to Cryptococcus neoformans in a mouse modelGwo Hsiao Chen
VA Medical Center Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Infect Immun 76:2379-91. 2008..The enhanced pulmonary lymphocyte recruitment could be responsible for a gradual shutdown of the undesirable Th2 arm of the immune response and subsequently improved anticryptococcal resistance in F1 mice...
- Cytoplasmic inheritance of transplantation antigens in animals produced by nuclear transferJohn S Hanekamp
Transplantation Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Transplantation 88:30-7. 2009..These studies examine the potential consequences of such inheritance in a large animal transplantation model...
- Sex-linked inheritance in macaque monkeys: implications for effective population size and dispersal to SulawesiBen J Evans
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Life Sciences Building, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1, Canada
Genetics 185:923-37. 2010..One X-linked locus was not monophyletic on Sulawesi, but multilocus data analyzed in a coalescent framework failed to reject a model without migration between these islands after both were colonized...
- Family study of the inheritance of pectus excavatumHeather A Creswick
Division of Medical Genetics and Metabolism, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of the King s Daughters, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
J Pediatr Surg 41:1699-703. 2006..Pectus excavatum is commonly associated with connective tissue disorders such as Marfan and Ehlers Danlos syndromes. Extensive literature review failed to identify articles documenting families with multiple affected members...
- Evidence that an imprinted gene on the X chromosome increases ovulation rate in sheepG H Davis
Invermay Agricultural Centre, Mosgiel, New Zealand
Biol Reprod 64:216-21. 2001..The gene was not expressed in ewes that received it from either carrier dams (expressing or nonexpressing) or from carrier males that were the progeny of expressing carrier dams...
- Endosperm-specific hypomethylation, and meiotic inheritance and variation of DNA methylation level and pattern in sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L.) inter-strain hybridsM S Zhang
Laboratory of Plant Molecular Epigenetics, Institute of Genetics and Cytology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun, 130024, China
Theor Appl Genet 115:195-207. 2007..Analysis on leaf-RNA from 5-azacytidine-treated plants further corroborated this possibility...
- The importance of autosomal genes in Kallmann syndrome: genotype-phenotype correlations and neuroendocrine characteristicsL M Oliveira
Reproductive Endocrine Sciences Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:1532-8. 2001..Taken together, these findings suggest that autosomal genes account for the majority of familial cases of KS, and that unique neuroendocrine phenotypes consistent with some GnRH neuronal migration may exist in these patients...
- Genetic and nongenetic influences on vigor at birth and preweaning mortality of purebred and high percentage Brahman calvesD G Riley
ARS, USDA, Subtropical Agricultural Research Station, Brooksville, FL 34601, USA
J Anim Sci 82:1581-8. 2004..06 +/- 0.05 and 0.09 +/- 0.04, respectively, for preweaning mortality. Some exploitable genetic variation exists for these traits, but management of other factors may yield more immediate improvement than selection...
- Isolation, characterization, inheritance and linkage of microsatellite DNA markers in white spruce (Picea glauca) and their usefulness in other spruce speciesO P Rajora
Department of Biology, Life Sciences Centre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Mol Gen Genet 264:871-82. 2001....
- New insights into cystinuria: 40 new mutations, genotype-phenotype correlation, and digenic inheritance causing partial phenotypeM Font-Llitjos
Centre of Medical and Molecular Genetics IRO, Hospital Duran i Reynals, Barcelona, Spain
J Med Genet 42:58-68. 2005..To clarify the genotype-phenotype correlation and elucidate the role of digenic inheritance in cystinuria...
- Mapping Fusarium wilt race 1 resistance genes in cotton by inheritance, QTL and sequencing compositionMauricio Ulloa
USDA ARS, Western Integrated Cropping Systems Research Unit, Shafter, CA 93263, USA
Mol Genet Genomics 286:21-36. 2011..These offer candidate gene targets for Fusarium wilt resistance response in cotton and other host plants...
- The GNAS locus and pseudohypoparathyroidismMurat Bastepe
Endocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 626:27-40. 2008..Most sporadic PHP-Ib cases also have imprinting abnormalities of GNAS that involve multiple DMRs, but the genetic lesion(s) responsible for these imprinting abnormalities remain to be discovered...
- The model plant Medicago truncatula exhibits biparental plastid inheritanceRyo Matsushima
Research Institute for Bioresources, Kurashiki University, Kurashiki, Okayama, 710 0046 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 49:81-91. 2008..Collectively, these data demonstrated that M. truncatula is biparental for ptDNA transmission and thus can be an excellent model to study plastid genetics in angiosperms...
- Prevalence, phenotype and inheritance of benign neutropenia in ArabsSrdjan Denic
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UAE University, Al Ain, UAE
BMC Blood Disord 9:3. 2009..CONCLUSION: Arabs have a high prevalence of benign neutropenia that may be inherited as an autosomal dominant trait...
- Centrosome dynamics and inheritance in related sexual and parthenogenetic Bacillus (Insecta Phasmatodea)Ombretta Marescalchi
Dipartimento di Biologia Evoluzionistica Sperimentale, Bologna, Italy
Mol Reprod Dev 63:89-95. 2002..In stick insects, the lack of sperm contribution to embryonic centrosome appears to be a major trait accounting for the widespread occurrence of facultative and obligate parthenogenesis within the order...
- The influence of age on maternal inheritance of breast muscle morphology in turkeysS G Velleman
Department of Animal Sciences, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, The Ohio State University, Wooster 44691, USA
Poult Sci 89:876-82. 2010..Based on the results, the type of mating used to produce commercial turkeys would have a major effect on breast muscle morphology from 12 through 18 wk of age...
- Environment factors can influence mitochondrial inheritance in the fungus Cryptococcus neoformansZhun Yan
Department of Biology, McMaster University, 1280 Main St W, Hamilton, Ont, Canada L8S 4K1
Fungal Genet Biol 44:315-22. 2007..Our results indicate a potentially adaptive role of biparental mtDNA inheritance and mtDNA recombination in certain environments in C. neoformans...
- Genetic variation and regulatory networks: Mechanisms and complexityDANA PE ER; Fiscal Year: 2009..These tools will be made publicly available, including a friendly graphical user interface and visualization. ..
- Variation in M. tuberculosis in response to host selectionSarah Fortune; Fiscal Year: 2009..In these studies, we expect to provide fundamental insights into the mechanisms and targets of diversifying immune selection in M. tuberculosis. ..
- High Throughput Genotyping and DNA Sequencing for Studying the Genetic ContributiSonia Dua; Fiscal Year: 2013..The contractor is responsible for providing staff with the credentials required by CLIA. ..
- Exome re-sequencing candidate loci for familial essential tremorBarry E Kosofsky; Fiscal Year: 2012..Studying the untoward effects of mutant ET genes will increase our knowledge of ET and other movement disorders such as Parkinson disease. ..
- MAPPING OF ARTHRITIS SUSCEPTIBILITY GENESTibor T Glant; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to reduce the size of these regions in the mouse genome, which cannot be done in human population, and select candidate genes that may be involved in arthritis susceptibility and disease severity. ..
- Dietary Risk for Colon Cancer in the MouseLeonard H Augenlicht; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Role of troponin T isoforms in nemaline myopathyJian Ping Jin; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Contribution of Gstm1 to the severity of hypertension and chronic kidney diseaseThu H Le; Fiscal Year: 2013..The relative contribution of the enzymatic and functional non-enzymatic domains of GSTM1 on VSMC proliferation, migration and oxidative stress will also be determined. ..
- The role of NLRP7 and related genes in hydatidiform moles and reproductive failurIgnatia Van den Veyver; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project has the potential to result in new understanding of genetic imprinting disorders and causes of obstetrics complications and pregnancy loss in general. ..
- Cloning &Functional Studies of Deafness MutationsKenneth R Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Biopsychosocial Determinants of Adolescent Obesity/Cardiovascular RiskSheila Gahagan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our goal is to unveil modifiable conditions in order to prevent obesity and related diseases including cardiovascular disease and diabetes. ..
- NeuroMolecular consequences of adolescent binge drinkingToni R Pak; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Mechanics and regulation of chromosome dynamics in meiotic prophaseMICHAEL EDWARD DRESSER; Fiscal Year: 2012..Understanding this new process will provide a new perspective to understand how chromosomes are prepared for inheritance and what makes chromosome transmission fail so frequently in humans. ..
- Molecular and cellular mechanism of MicrocephalyArnold Kriegstein; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist FellowshipAngela Gullard; Fiscal Year: 2013..This research will elucidate the role of tooth/bone matrix material properties in oral and skeletal health and disease. ..
- Contribution of Sperm Nucleus to Paternal DNA ReplicationWILLIAM S WARD; Fiscal Year: 2013..This application proposes to test the idea that the sperm cell brings to the egg more than only the DNA, itself, but instructions on how to replicate it properly in the first embryonic cell division. ..
- A search for genes that regulate allogeneic stem cell competitionIrving L Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Allelic polymorphism of mouse and human genes, with homology to genes that alter stem cell competition potential in Botryllus will be analyzed;if found, we will determine whether these are related to transplantation outcomes. ..
- The Molecular Mechanisms by which the Paf Oncogene Mediates HematopoiesisLisa K Denzin; Fiscal Year: 2013..The data from these experiments represent an essential step towards delineating the molecular mechanisms by which Paf functions to mediate hematopoiesis. ..
- Transgenerational epigenetic inheritance of allergy in a multigenerational cohortWILFRIED JJ KARMAUS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Now, to move toward prevention, we need to understand whether programming, reprogramming, and vertical transmission of DNA methylation can predict allergic diseases in infancy. ..
- Genetic analysis of the ciliopathies ARPKD and Meckel syndromePeter C Harris; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will be of diagnostic and prognostic importance in these disorders and help to understand the true complexity of simple genetic diseases. ..
- Transgenerational Inheritance of Epigenetic Effects of Polychlorinated BiphenylsCharles V Vorhees; Fiscal Year: 2013..Successful demonstration of transgenerational inheritance in response to in utero PCB exposure will transform our understanding of the health effects of these ubiquitous environmental pollutants. ..
- Role of Intronic Variants Affecting Splicing in Juvenile Myoclonic EpilepsyDebra J Wolgemuth; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Regulation of chromosome segregation by SMC complexes and Top2 in S. pombeMATTHEW J O'CONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project studies proteins that are essential for accurate inheritance of chromosomes as cells divide. The public health relevance is thus central to the biology of cancer and aging. ..
- GENETIC STUDIES OF ODDDEthylin Wang Jabs; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Characterization of RGC death susceptibility allelesRobert W Nickells; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finding and characterizing these alleles will lead to better diagnosis and treatment regimes for individuals with glaucoma. ..
- SINGLE SUTURE CRANIOSYNOSTOSIS: CANDIDATE GENE AND PATHWAY DISCOVERYMichael L Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2013..There is an incomplete understanding of the causes of craniosynostosis and we lack experimental models. The development of these resources will improve clinical care, design biologically based therapies, and pursue primary prevention. ..
- Epithelial Regulation of Th2 Immune Responses in the LungMarsha Wills-Karp; Fiscal Year: 2013..List all other key personnel in alphabetical order, last name first. Name eRA Commons User Name Organization Role on Project Wills-Karp, Marsha Wildc7 CCHMC PI Finkelman, Fred frefin CCHMC Co-Investigator
- Telomere Shortening and Stem Cell MaintenanceMary Y Armanios; Fiscal Year: 2010..These effects are particularly relevant as telomerase inhibitors are actively pursued as anti-cancer therapies. ..
- Identification and Characterization of the Mouse PPCD1 GeneChristopher A Bradfield; Fiscal Year: 2013..Putative causative mutations will be tested using in vitro functional assays. Finally, through linkage analysis, we will look for C57BL/6J modifier loci that influence the penetrance of PPCD1. ..
- Organization and Regulation of Eukaryotic CentromeresBETH SULLIVAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..We propose to investigate the roles of genomic structure and chromatin organization and dynamics in assembly and regulation of CENP-A chromatin, centromeric domains, and metaphase kinetochore structure. ..
- MOLECULAR DEFINITION OF PSEUDOHYPOPARATHYROIDISMHarald W Jueppner; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Genetic Basis of Nanophthalmos and Human Ocular BiometryOlof H Sundin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Immune and genetic determinants of murine glomerulonephritisElahna Paul; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Transgenerational effects of nicotine in F1 generation of exposed fathers in miceMarkus Vallaster; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will lead to new approaches in prevention and treatment of nicotine dependence and diseases linked to chronic nicotine exposure and its transgenerational inheritance. ..
- Genetics and biology of a viable mutant mouse with dystonic movementsKathleen J Sweadner; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Fluorescent Copper Probes for Intracellular ImagingChristoph J Fahrni; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Rapid-onset Dystonia Parkinsonism (DYT12 Dystonia): Pathophysiology &Atp1a3 MiceYuqing Li; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Determinants of growth and fitness in drug resistant malaria parasitesMichael T Ferdig; Fiscal Year: 2012..This knowledge will lead to new avenues of attack against this disease. ..
- Epigenetic regulation of metabolism in DrosophilaCarl S Thummel; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Genetic Regulation of Complex Neurological DiseaseWayne N Frankel; Fiscal Year: 2012..The system provides a new kind of model, influenced by, but extending beyond polygenic inheritance, for understanding the architecture of complex neurological disease. ..
- Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist FellowshipEjvis Lamani; Fiscal Year: 2011..Eventually the proposed studies will facilitate the development of novel diagnostic tools and therapeutic treatments for patients with various diseases or syndrome with altered root formation. ..
- PTEN Deficiency and Tumor DevelopmentYuxin Yin; Fiscal Year: 2012..Identification of the PTEN-mitotic pathway may offer a profound implication for development of therapeutic strategies against tumorigenesis. ..
- Regulation and Function of a Bacterial CytoskeletonR Dyche Mullins; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Mechanisms of Polycomb SilencingYi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..5. .Determine the transcriptional effect and understand the mechanism of H3K27 methylation and H2A ubiquitylation using a reconstituted chromatin transcription system. More description in proposal. ..
- The Role of Genome-Coded ME2 in EpilepsyDavid A Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to determine how polymorphisms found in the ME2 gene increase susceptibility to a broad class of related epilepsy syndromes. ..
- The Nuclear Pore Complex: Interphase and Mitotic FunctionKatharine S Ullman; Fiscal Year: 2012..Such defects in morphology and DNA content are hallmarks of aggressive cancer cells, and the research proposed here will contribute to a better understanding of how these alterations arise. ..
- Genetic determinants of total cholesterol levels in American IndiansJOHANNA K DISTEFANO; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Roles of the Unfolded Protein Response in Cell CycleMAHO R NIWA; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, knowledge of the cellular mechanisms assuring the maintenance and transmission of a functionally competent ER will be invaluable towards the development of previously unrecognized strategies for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Genome-Wide Mapping of Chromosomal Proteins in DrosophiliaGary H Karpen; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, the data and analysis are highly likely to provide information critical to understanding the roles of chromatin in human cells and diseases. ..
- Transgenerational exposures as modifiers of host defense against infectionB Paige Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Sodium Channels and Cardiac ArrhythmiasIsabelle Deschenes; Fiscal Year: 2013..This is crucial for cardiologists to select family members who will more likely benefit from an expensive and risky therapy, the implanted defibrillator. A gene therapy approach will also be developed to treat arrhythmias. ..
- Evolutionary and functional diversification of chromatin proteinsMIA TAUNA LEVINE; Fiscal Year: 2013..By identifying the biological causes and consequences of chromatin protein innovation, these studies will provide novel insights into how rapid evolution renders our genome vulnerable to epigenetic disease and infertility. ..
- Planning Grant for Genome-Wide Association Study of Craniofacial MicrosomiaJACQUELINE R contact STARR; Fiscal Year: 2010..It will also enable further research on the etiology and health care outcomes in patients with craniofacial disorders. ..
- Mammalian Centromere AssemblyDon W Cleveland; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Retinal DegenerationJonathan Lin; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies may also provide new therapeutic targets to prevent blindness. ..
- Initiation of Epigenetic Transcriptional RegulationSundeep Kalantry; Fiscal Year: 2011..This reversibility makes epigenetic changes, including those we propose to identify, potentially amenable to manipulation and therapeutic intervention. ..
- Regulation Of Cortical Neurogenesis By Apical Complex ProteinsSeonhee Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Stochastic Models of Cell Cycle Regulation in EukaryotesJohn J Tyson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Hence, a validated stochastic model of the eukaryotic cell cycle is essential to progress in the field of molecular systems biology. ..
- Transmissibility of Neurodegenerative DiseasesDMITRY Y GOLDGABER; Fiscal Year: 2011..It will also open new approaches and new opportunities in studying the pathological processes and in the development of new treatments of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Genetic Analysis of Host Specificity in Schistosoma mansoniTim J Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Modeling TAR Microdeletion Syndrome in MouseChrista Lese Martin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our novel experimental approach can serve as a general model to quickly and efficiently identify genomic variation that is relevant to human disease. ..
- Architectural Epigenetics of Embryonic and Induced Pluripotent Stem CellsGary S Stein; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF CONGENITAL ANOPHTHALMIAThomas Glaser; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Structural mechanism of DNA segregation by the pSK41 par systemMaria Schumacher; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, understanding the structural basis for DNA segregation by this par system will provide several points of potential therapeutic intervention against pSK41 harboring multidrug resistant S. aureus strains. ..
- The pigmentary system: securing a place in the sunAndrzej Slominski; Fiscal Year: 2009..Methodist Healthcare accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians decided to co-sponsor this meeting and designated this educational activity for a maximum of 26 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. ..
- Genetic Characterization of Essential HyperhidrosisGary Swergold; Fiscal Year: 2003..Most importantly, understanding the etiology of EH may open a new window of understanding into the organization and regulation of the autonomic nervous system, and the regulation of body temperature and sweating. ..
- DELINEATION OF CAUSATIVE MUTATIONS IN HEMOPHILIASteve Sommer; Fiscal Year: 1999..factor IX gene in eight great apes and Old World monkeys the same in each lineage?; and (viii) Are the amino acids conserved in factor IX during nonmammalian evolution the same amino acids that are mutated in humans with hemophilia B? ..
- MITOCHONDRIAL DNA ANALYSIS IN CYCLIC VOMITING SYNDROMERichard Boles; Fiscal Year: 2002..An extensive amount of clinical and laboratory data will be collected in all patients, allowing for the comparison of CVS sufferers with and without mtDNA mutations. ..
- MODELS IN POPULATION GENETICSGlenys Thomson; Fiscal Year: 2000..A framework for genetic counselling of HLA associated, and other complex diseases, will be developed. The results of our studies are generally applicable to the mapping and characterization of complex human genetic traits. ..
- MECHANISMS OF IMMUNOREGULATION IN AUTOIMMUNE NEPHRITISCarolyn Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide important new information regarding genes that regulate the magnitude of lymphocyte responses and susceptibility/resistance to autoimmune disease. ..
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN CANCER GENETICS COALITIONGeraldine Mineau; Fiscal Year: 2006..As study groups are enrolled, DNA samples may be collected and pilot projects initiated; these include sib-pair studies and candidate-gene analysis funded by the Huntsman Cancer Institute and the University of Colorado Cancer Center. ..
- EFFECT OF CLONING IN EPIGENETIC INHERITANCE IN MICEKeith Latham; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies are relevant to problems of human infertility and a variety of diseases involving inappropriate epigenetic regulation of gene function. ..
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY OF ESSENTIAL TREMORElan Louis; Fiscal Year: 1999..Drs. W. Allen Hauser, Ruth Ottman, Richard Mayeux and Stanley Fahn, all internationally recognized either within the areas of Neuroepidemiology or Movement Disorders, will provide invaluable guidance in these studies. ..