phakic intraocular lenses
Summary: Lenses, generally made of plastic or silicone, that are implanted into the eye in front of the natural EYE LENS, by the IRIS, to improve VISION, OCULAR. These intraocular lenses are used to supplement the natural lens instead of replacing it.
- Fernández Vigo J, Macarro Merino A, Fernández Vigo C, Fernández Vigo J, De Pablo Gómez de Liaño L, Fernandez Perez C, et al. Impacts of Implantable Collamer Lens V4c Placement on Angle Measurements Made by Optical Coherence Tomography: Two-Year Follow-up. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;181:37-45 pubmed publisher..159). In response to ICL V4c implant, considerable angle narrowing was detected at 1 month but this narrowing remained stable at 2 years. In the 8 cases of TIC, no progression of contact was observed beyond 3 months postimplant. ..
- Eissa S, El Deeb M, Hendawi M. V4B implantable collamer lens versus Intacs corneal rings to manage anisometropic myopic amblyopia in children. Can J Ophthalmol. 2017;52:409-415 pubmed publisher..Intacs implantation is safer with fewer complications than ICL. However, ICL implantation is advantageous over the corneal ring segment procedure owing to the wide range of errors to correct. ..
- Nam S, Lim D, Hyun J, Chung E, Chung T. Buffering zone of implantable Collamer lens sizing in V4c. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:260 pubmed publisher..The smaller size of V4c ICLs should be considered in patients susceptible to over-vaulting, such as those with shallow anterior chambers and high-dioptric-power ICLs. ..
- Kaur M, Sahu S, Sharma N, Titiyal J. Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery in Phakic Intraocular Lens With Cataract. J Refract Surg. 2016;32:131-4 pubmed publisher..Postoperative uncorrected visual acuity was 20/32. The femtosecond laser can be used to create a capsulotomy and nuclear fragmentation through both anterior and posterior chamber PIOLs. ..
- Li S, Chen X, Kang Y, Han N. Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery in a Cataractous Eye With Implantable Collamer Lens In Situ. J Refract Surg. 2016;32:270-2 pubmed publisher..Femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery can be done in an eye with previous ICL implantation, but may prove to be more challenging than routine cases without an ICL in situ. ..
- Chen X, Wang X, Zhou X. Pseudophakic ametropia management with toric implantable collamer lens with a central hole (case report). BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:17 pubmed publisher..75 DS/-0.75 DC?×?45 with UDVA 20/16 and CDVA 20/13 in the left eye, respectively. No complications were observed. TICL V4c is safe, effective and predictable in managing pseudophakic ametropia. ..
- Kumar A, Mehta A, Ravani R, Kakkar P. Management of a case of myopic foveoschisis with phakic intraocular lens (pIOL) in situ: intraoperative challenges. BMJ Case Rep. 2017;2017: pubmed publisher..The patient underwent pars plana vitrectomy with internal limiting membrane peeling. This report discusses the intraoperative challenges occurring as a result of increased optical aberrations in the presence of a phakic IOL. ..
- Tognetto D, De Giacinto C, Cirigliano G. Suture of Symptomatic YAG Laser Peripheral Iridotomies Following Phakic Intraocular Lens Implantation. J Glaucoma. 2017;26:675-677 pubmed publisher..Experiencing glare and photophobia is a rare side effect due to LPI. Suture of iridotomies using a modified Siepser slip-knot technique can be considered a safe and effective procedure to solve this annoying complication. ..
- Hyun J, Lim D, Eo D, Hwang S, Chung E, Chung T. A comparison of visual outcome and rotational stability of two types of toric implantable collamer lenses (TICL) : V4 versus V4c. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183335 pubmed publisher..364). Vector analysis of astigmatic correction showed no significant diffrence between two groups. V4 and V4c TICL have similar efficacy with regard to visual acuity and refractive outcomes and rotational stability. ..
- Chan A, Zauberman N, Chan C, Rootman D. Outcomes after implantable collamer lens surgery in a Canadian cohort. Can J Ophthalmol. 2017;52:150-154 pubmed publisher..Toric and nontoric ICL implantations show promising refractive outcomes and acceptable safety in moderate to high myopes and can be considered for patients who are noncandidates for refractive laser surgery. ..