Genomes and Genes
Summary: An enzyme that catalyzes the formation of nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) from nicotinamide and 5-phosphoribosyl-1-pyrophosphate, the rate-limiting step in the biosynthesis of the NAD coenzyme. It is also known as a growth factor for early B-LYMPHOCYTES, or an ADIPOKINE with insulin-mimetic effects (visfatin).
- Wang X, Wang J, Gao L, Zhang F, Wang Q, Liu K, et al. Inhibition of nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase and depletion of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide contribute to arsenic trioxide suppression of oral squamous cell carcinoma. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;331:54-61 pubmed publisherEmerging evidence suggests that increased nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT) expression is associated with the development and prognosis of many cancers, but it remains unknown regarding its role in oral squamous cell ..
- Gesing J, Scheuermann K, Wagner I, Löffler D, Friebe D, Kiess W, et al. NAMPT serum levels are selectively elevated in acute infectious disease and in acute relapse of chronic inflammatory diseases in children. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183027 pubmed publisher..The close relationship between systemic circulating NAMPT with leucocyte counts and release indicate that leucocytes most probably are the source of inflammation related NAMPT levels. ..
- Guo J, Lam L, Longenecker K, Bui M, Idler K, Glaser K, et al. Identification of novel resistance mechanisms to NAMPT inhibition via the de novo NAD+ biosynthesis pathway and NAMPT mutation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:681-686 pubmed publisher..salvage pathway required for converting nicotinamide to NAD+ is catalyzed by nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT)...
- Yoon J, Lee K, Oh G, Kim G, Kim S. Regulation of Nampt expression by transcriptional coactivator NCOA6 in pancreatic ?-cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:600-606 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found that the transcript levels of nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (Nampt) were decreased in islets of NCOA6+/- mice compared with NCOA6+/+ ..
- Zhang L, van Haandel L, Xiong M, Huang P, Heruth D, Bi C, et al. Metabolic and molecular insights into an essential role of nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2705 pubmed publisherb>Nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT) is a pleiotropic protein implicated in the pathogenesis of acute respiratory distress syndrome, aging, cancer, coronary heart diseases, diabetes, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, obesity, ..
- Piacente F, Caffa I, Ravera S, Sociali G, Passalacqua M, Vellone V, et al. Nicotinic Acid Phosphoribosyltransferase Regulates Cancer Cell Metabolism, Susceptibility to NAMPT Inhibitors, and DNA Repair. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3857-3869 pubmed publisher..efforts have been made to identify NAD+ biosynthesis inhibitors, specifically against nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT), as preclinical studies indicate their potential efficacy as cancer drugs...
- Villela D, Schlesinger D, Suemoto C, Grinberg L, Rosenberg C. A microdeletion in Alzheimer's disease disrupts NAMPT gene. J Genet. 2014;93:535-7 pubmed
- Fietta P, Delsante G. Focus on adipokines. Theor Biol Forum. 2013;106:103-29 pubmed..Comprehensive advances in understanding the WAT biology and signaling may provide crucial insights into the physiopathology of the whole body homeostasis. ..
- Bermudez B, Dahl T, Medina I, Groeneweg M, Holm S, Montserrat de la Paz S, et al. Leukocyte Overexpression of Intracellular NAMPT Attenuates Atherosclerosis by Regulating PPAR?-Dependent Monocyte Differentiation and Function. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1157-1167 pubmed publisherExtracellular nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (eNAMPT) mediates inflammatory and potentially proatherogenic effects, whereas the role of intracellular NAMPT (iNAMPT), the rate limiting enzyme in the salvage pathway of nicotinamide ..
- Amici A, Grolla A, Del Grosso E, Bellini R, Bianchi M, Travelli C, et al. Synthesis and Degradation of Adenosine 5'-Tetraphosphate by Nicotinamide and Nicotinate Phosphoribosyltransferases. Cell Chem Biol. 2017;24:553-564.e4 pubmed publisher..Here we show that two enzymes committed to NAD biosynthesis, nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT) and nicotinate phosphoribosyltransferase (NAPT), can both catalyze the synthesis and ..
- Hu Q, Manaenko A, Bian H, Guo Z, Huang J, Guo Z, et al. Hyperbaric Oxygen Reduces Infarction Volume and Hemorrhagic Transformation Through ATP/NAD+/Sirt1 Pathway in Hyperglycemic Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Rats. Stroke. 2017;48:1655-1664 pubmed publisher..HBO might be promising approach for treatment of acute ischemic stroke patients, especially patients with diabetes mellitus or treated with r-tPA (recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator). ..
- Zheng J, Glezerman I, Sadot E, McNeil A, Zarama C, Gonen M, et al. Hypophosphatemia after Hepatectomy or Pancreatectomy: Role of the Nicotinamide Phosphoribosyltransferase. J Am Coll Surg. 2017;225:488-497.e2 pubmed publisher..and urinary phosphorus, calcium, and creatinine, as well as phosphaturic factors, including serum nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT), fibroblast growth factor-23, and parathyroid hormone were measured...
- Yan X, Zhao J, Zhang R. Visfatin mediates doxorubicin resistance in human colorectal cancer cells via up regulation of multidrug resistance 1 (MDR1). Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2017;80:395-403 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our present study revealed that visfatin mediates the Dox resistance of CRC cells via up regulation of MDR1. It indicated that targeted inhibition of visfatin might be helpful for overcoming Dox resistance of CRC therapy. ..
- Zhao H, Tang W, Chen X, Wang S, Wang X, Xu H, et al. The NAMPT/E2F2/SIRT1 axis promotes proliferation and inhibits p53-dependent apoptosis in human melanoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:77-84 pubmed publisher..mammalian nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+)-dependent protein deacetylase, and nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT), the rate-limiting NAD+ biosynthetic enzyme, together comprise a novel systemic ..
- Dong G, Chen W, Wang X, Yang X, Xu T, Wang P, et al. Small Molecule Inhibitors Simultaneously Targeting Cancer Metabolism and Epigenetics: Discovery of Novel Nicotinamide Phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT) and Histone Deacetylase (HDAC) Dual Inhibitors. J Med Chem. 2017;60:7965-7983 pubmed publisher..Here we report the first small molecules that simultaneously inhibit nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT) and histone deacetylase (HDAC), two important targets of cancer metabolism and epigenetics,..
- Shackelford R, Abdulsattar J, Wei E, Cotelingam J, Coppola D, Herrera G. Increased Nicotinamide Phosphoribosyltransferase and Cystathionine-?-Synthase in Renal Oncocytomas, Renal Urothelial Carcinoma, and Renal Clear Cell Carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3423-3427 pubmed..b>Nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (Nampt) catalyzes the rate-limiting step of NAD+ synthesis and its expression is ..
- Tateishi K, Higuchi F, Miller J, Koerner M, Lelic N, Shankar G, et al. The Alkylating Chemotherapeutic Temozolomide Induces Metabolic Stress in IDH1-Mutant Cancers and Potentiates NAD+ Depletion-Mediated Cytotoxicity. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4102-4115 pubmed publisher..exposed to temozolomide, in vitro and in vivo, both alone and in combination with nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT) inhibitors, which block NAD+ biosynthesis...
- Laiguillon M, Houard X, Bougault C, Gosset M, Nourissat G, Sautet A, et al. Expression and function of visfatin (Nampt), an adipokine-enzyme involved in inflammatory pathways of osteoarthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:R38 pubmed publisher..With a homodimeric conformation, it exerts nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (Nampt) enzymatic activity, essential for nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide biosynthesis...
- Korman B, Marangoni R, Hinchcliff M, Shah S, Carns M, Hoffmann A, et al. Brief Report: Association of Elevated Adipsin Levels With Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in Systemic Sclerosis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:2062-2068 pubmed publisher..This study was undertaken to determine whether altered circulating adipokine levels correlate with SSc disease subsets or clinical manifestations...
- Cao Z, Liang N, Yang H, Li S. Visfatin mediates doxorubicin resistance in human non-small-cell lung cancer via Akt-mediated up-regulation of ABCC1. Cell Prolif. 2017;50: pubmed publisher..It indicated that inhibition of visfatin signals might be a promising therapeutic strategy for the management of chemoresistance of NSCLC patients. ..
- Curtin M, Heyman H, Clark R, Sorensen B, Doherty G, Hansen T, et al. SAR and characterization of non-substrate isoindoline urea inhibitors of nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT). Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3317-3325 pubmed publisher..led to a series of isoindoline ureas which we recently reported were first-in-class, non-substrate nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT) inhibitors...
- Li Z, Wang Y, Tian X, Shang P, Chen H, Kang X, et al. Characterization of the visfatin gene and its expression pattern and effect on 3T3-L1 adipocyte differentiation in chickens. Gene. 2017;632:16-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of the present study contribute to a better understanding of the expression and role of the visfatin gene in chickens. ..
- Vora M, Alattia L, Ansari J, Ong M, Cotelingam J, Coppola D, et al. Nicotinamide Phosphoribosyl Transferase a Reliable Marker of Progression in Cervical Dysplasia. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4821-4825 pubmed..Similarly, Nampt levels increased with increasing SCC grade. Nampt expression is a reliable marker of progression in cervical dysplasia and SCC. ..
- Hwang E, Song S. Nicotinamide is an inhibitor of SIRT1 in vitro, but can be a stimulator in cells. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017;74:3347-3362 pubmed publisher..We conclude that NAM treatment can hypothetically be stimulatory to SIRT1. ..