Genomes and Genes
Summary: Tumors or cancer of the LUNG.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications322 found, 100 shown here
- Activating mutations in the epidermal growth factor receptor underlying responsiveness of non-small-cell lung cancer to gefitinibThomas J Lynch
Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston 02129, USA
N Engl J Med 350:2129-39. 2004..However, about 10 percent of patients have a rapid and often dramatic clinical response. The molecular mechanisms underlying sensitivity to gefitinib are unknown...
- Gefitinib or carboplatin-paclitaxel in pulmonary adenocarcinomaTony S Mok
State Key Laboratory in Oncology in South China, Sir YK Pao Centre for Cancer, Department of Clinical Oncology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
N Engl J Med 361:947-57. 2009..Previous, uncontrolled studies have suggested that first-line treatment with gefitinib would be efficacious in selected patients with non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Gene set enrichment analysis: a knowledge-based approach for interpreting genome-wide expression profilesAravind Subramanian
Broad Institute of Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard, 320 Charles Street, Cambridge, MA 02141, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:15545-50. 2005..The GSEA method is embodied in a freely available software package, together with an initial database of 1,325 biologically defined gene sets...
- EGFR mutations in lung cancer: correlation with clinical response to gefitinib therapyJ Guillermo Paez
Departments of Medical Oncology and Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 304:1497-500. 2004..These results suggest that EGFR mutations may predict sensitivity to gefitinib...
- Anaplastic lymphoma kinase inhibition in non-small-cell lung cancerEunice L Kwak
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 363:1693-703. 2010..We explored the therapeutic efficacy of inhibiting ALK in such tumors in an early-phase clinical trial of crizotinib (PF-02341066), an orally available small-molecule inhibitor of the ALK tyrosine kinase...
- Erlotinib versus standard chemotherapy as first-line treatment for European patients with advanced EGFR mutation-positive non-small-cell lung cancer (EURTAC): a multicentre, open-label, randomised phase 3 trialRafael Rosell
Catalan Institute of Oncology, Badalona, Spain
Lancet Oncol 13:239-46. 2012..We aimed to assess the safety and efficacy of erlotinib compared with standard chemotherapy for first-line treatment of European patients with advanced EGFR-mutation positive NSCLC...
- Unique microRNA molecular profiles in lung cancer diagnosis and prognosisNozomu Yanaihara
Laboratory of Human Carcinogenesis, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Cell 9:189-98. 2006..These results indicate that miRNA expression profiles are diagnostic and prognostic markers of lung cancer...
- Gefitinib or chemotherapy for non-small-cell lung cancer with mutated EGFRMakoto Maemondo
Miyagi Cancer Center, Miyagi, Japan
N Engl J Med 362:2380-8. 2010....
- Identification of the transforming EML4-ALK fusion gene in non-small-cell lung cancerManabu Soda
Division of Functional Genomics, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Nature 448:561-6. 2007..Our data demonstrate that a subset of NSCLC patients may express a transforming fusion kinase that is a promising candidate for a therapeutic target as well as for a diagnostic molecular marker in NSCLC...
- MET amplification leads to gefitinib resistance in lung cancer by activating ERBB3 signalingJeffrey A Engelman
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Science 316:1039-43. 2007..Thus, we propose that MET amplification may promote drug resistance in other ERBB-driven cancers as well...
- Gefitinib versus cisplatin plus docetaxel in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer harbouring mutations of the epidermal growth factor receptor (WJTOG3405): an open label, randomised phase 3 trialTetsuya Mitsudomi
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Japan
Lancet Oncol 11:121-8. 2010..However, whether gefitinib is better than standard platinum doublet chemotherapy in patients selected by EGFR mutation is uncertain...
- International association for the study of lung cancer/american thoracic society/european respiratory society international multidisciplinary classification of lung adenocarcinomaWilliam D Travis
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Thorac Oncol 6:244-85. 2011....
- Paclitaxel-carboplatin alone or with bevacizumab for non-small-cell lung cancerAlan Sandler
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2542-50. 2006..Bevacizumab, a monoclonal antibody against vascular endothelial growth factor, has been shown to benefit patients with a variety of cancers...
- Erlotinib versus chemotherapy as first-line treatment for patients with advanced EGFR mutation-positive non-small-cell lung cancer (OPTIMAL, CTONG-0802): a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 studyCaicun Zhou
Department of Oncology, Shanghai Pulmonary Hospital, School of Medicine, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Lancet Oncol 12:735-42. 2011..The OPTIMAL study compared efficacy and tolerability of the TKI erlotinib versus standard chemotherapy in the first-line treatment of patients with advanced EGFR mutation-positive NSCLC...
- Somatic mutations affect key pathways in lung adenocarcinomaLi Ding
The Genome Center at Washington University, Department of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63108, USA
Nature 455:1069-75. 2008..Our findings shed further light on several important signalling pathways involved in lung adenocarcinoma, and suggest new molecular targets for treatment...
- Twist, a master regulator of morphogenesis, plays an essential role in tumor metastasisJing Yang
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Cell 117:927-39. 2004..These results establish a mechanistic link between Twist, EMT, and tumor metastasis...
- EGF receptor gene mutations are common in lung cancers from "never smokers" and are associated with sensitivity of tumors to gefitinib and erlotinibWilliam Pao
Program in Cancer Biology and Genetics and Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:13306-11. 2004..Collectively, these data show that adenocarcinomas from never smokers comprise a distinct subset of lung cancers, frequently containing mutations within the TK domain of EGFR that are associated with gefitinib and erlotinib sensitivity...
- Comparison of four chemotherapy regimens for advanced non-small-cell lung cancerJoan H Schiller
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, USA
N Engl J Med 346:92-8. 2002..We conducted a randomized study to determine whether any of three chemotherapy regimens was superior to cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Identification and expansion of the tumorigenic lung cancer stem cell populationA Eramo
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Cell Death Differ 15:504-14. 2008..Molecular and functional characterization of such a tumorigenic population may provide valuable information to be exploited in the clinical setting...
- Lung cancerRoy S Herbst
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1367-80. 2008
- Erlotinib in previously treated non-small-cell lung cancerFrances A Shepherd
Department of Medical Oncology, University Health Network, Princess Margaret Hospital Site, University of Toronto, Canada
N Engl J Med 353:123-32. 2005....
- Endogenous human microRNAs that suppress breast cancer metastasisSohail F Tavazoie
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nature 451:147-52. 2008..miR-335 and miR-126 are thus identified as metastasis suppressor microRNAs in human breast cancer...
- Screening for epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in lung cancerRafael Rosell
Catalan Institute of Oncology and Autonomous University of Barcelona, Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Barcelona, Spain
N Engl J Med 361:958-67. 2009..We evaluated the feasibility of large-scale screening for EGFR mutations in such patients and analyzed the association between the mutations and the outcome of erlotinib treatment...
- Characterization of microRNAs in serum: a novel class of biomarkers for diagnosis of cancer and other diseasesXi Chen
Jiangsu Diabetes Center, State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210093, China
Cell Res 18:997-1006. 2008..Through these analyses, we conclude that serum miRNAs can serve as potential biomarkers for the detection of various cancers and other diseases...
- EGFR mutation and resistance of non-small-cell lung cancer to gefitinibSusumu Kobayashi
Division of Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 352:786-92. 2005..Structural modeling and biochemical studies showed that this second mutation led to gefitinib resistance...
- RAS is regulated by the let-7 microRNA familySteven M Johnson
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, Yale University, P O Box 208103, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cell 120:635-47. 2005..let-7 expression is lower in lung tumors than in normal lung tissue, while RAS protein is significantly higher in lung tumors, providing a possible mechanism for let-7 in cancer...
- Cancer survival in Australia, Canada, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and the UK, 1995-2007 (the International Cancer Benchmarking Partnership): an analysis of population-based cancer registry dataM P Coleman
Cancer Research UK Cancer Survival Group, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Lancet 377:127-38. 2011..This is the first study in a programme to investigate international survival disparities, with the aim of informing health policy to raise standards and reduce inequalities in survival...
- Phase III study comparing cisplatin plus gemcitabine with cisplatin plus pemetrexed in chemotherapy-naive patients with advanced-stage non-small-cell lung cancerGiorgio Vittorio Scagliotti
University of Torino, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, S Luigi Hospital, Regione Gonzole, 10, Orbassano Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:3543-51. 2008..Cisplatin plus gemcitabine is a standard regimen for first-line treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Phase II studies of pemetrexed plus platinum compounds have also shown activity in this setting...
- Global survey of phosphotyrosine signaling identifies oncogenic kinases in lung cancerKlarisa Rikova
Cell Signaling Technology, 3 Trask Lane, Danvers, MA 01923, USA
Cell 131:1190-203. 2007..By focusing on activated cell circuitry, the approach outlined here provides insight into cancer biology not available at the chromosomal and transcriptional levels and can be applied broadly across all human cancers...
- Acquired resistance of lung adenocarcinomas to gefitinib or erlotinib is associated with a second mutation in the EGFR kinase domainWilliam Pao
Program in Cancer Biology and Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
PLoS Med 2:e73. 2005..Despite initial responses, patients eventually progress by unknown mechanisms of "acquired" resistance...
- High frequency of mutations of the PIK3CA gene in human cancersYardena Samuels
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Johns Hopkins University Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Science 304:554. 2004
- Epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in lung cancerSreenath V Sharma
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 7:169-81. 2007....
- Reduced expression of the let-7 microRNAs in human lung cancers in association with shortened postoperative survivalJunichi Takamizawa
Division of Molecular Oncology, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya, Japan
Cancer Res 64:3753-6. 2004..This study represents the first report of reduced expression of let-7 and the potential clinical and biological effects of such a microRNA alteration...
- Biomarker analyses and final overall survival results from a phase III, randomized, open-label, first-line study of gefitinib versus carboplatin/paclitaxel in clinically selected patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer in Asia (IPASS)Masahiro Fukuoka
Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
J Clin Oncol 29:2866-74. 2011..This report presents overall survival (OS) and efficacy according to epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) biomarker status...
- Mortality in relation to smoking: 50 years' observations on male British doctorsRichard Doll
Clinical Trial Service Unit and Epidemiological Studies Unit CTSU, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford OX2 6HE
BMJ 328:1519. 2004..To compare the hazards of cigarette smoking in men who formed their habits at different periods, and the extent of the reduction in risk when cigarette smoking is stopped at different ages...
- The IASLC Lung Cancer Staging Project: proposals for the revision of the TNM stage groupings in the forthcoming (seventh) edition of the TNM Classification of malignant tumoursPeter Goldstraw
Royal Brompton Hospital, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
J Thorac Oncol 2:706-14. 2007..The recommendations of this committee for changes to the T, N, and M descriptors have been published. This report contains the proposals for the new stage groupings...
- A small-cell lung cancer genome with complex signatures of tobacco exposureErin D Pleasance
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton CB10 1SA, UK
Nature 463:184-90. 2010..These findings illustrate the potential for next-generation sequencing to provide unprecedented insights into mutational processes, cellular repair pathways and gene networks associated with cancer...
- RET, ROS1 and ALK fusions in lung cancerKengo Takeuchi
Pathology Project for Molecular Targets, The Cancer Institute, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
Nat Med 18:378-81. 2012....
- MicroRNA-29 family reverts aberrant methylation in lung cancer by targeting DNA methyltransferases 3A and 3BMuller Fabbri
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, and College of Pharmacy, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15805-10. 2007..These findings support a role of miR-29s in epigenetic normalization of NSCLC, providing a rationale for the development of miRNA-based strategies for the treatment of lung cancer...
- Serum microRNA signatures identified in a genome-wide serum microRNA expression profiling predict survival of non-small-cell lung cancerZhibin Hu
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Cancer Center, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Rd, Nanjing 210029, China
J Clin Oncol 28:1721-6. 2010..We used genome-wide serum miRNA expression analysis to investigate the role of serum miRNA in predicting prognosis of non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- A genome-wide association study identifies two new lung cancer susceptibility loci at 13q12.12 and 22q12.2 in Han ChineseZhibin Hu
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Ministry of Education MOE Key Laboratory of Modern Toxicology, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Nat Genet 43:792-6. 2011..12 and 22q12.2) were newly identified in the Chinese population. These results suggest that genetic variants in 3q28, 5p15.33, 13q12.12 and 22q12.2 may contribute to the susceptibility of lung cancer in Han Chinese...
- Early palliative care for patients with metastatic non-small-cell lung cancerJennifer S Temel
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 363:733-42. 2010..We examined the effect of introducing palliative care early after diagnosis on patient-reported outcomes and end-of-life care among ambulatory patients with newly diagnosed disease...
- New driver mutations in non-small-cell lung cancerWilliam Pao
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Nashville, TN 37232 6307, USA
Lancet Oncol 12:175-80. 2011..The adoption of treatment tailored according to the genetic make-up of individual tumours would involve a paradigm shift, but might lead to substantial therapeutic improvements...
- MicroRNA signatures in tissues and plasma predict development and prognosis of computed tomography detected lung cancerMattia Boeri
Tumor Genomics Unit, Department of Experimental Oncology and Molecular Medicine, and Unit of Thoracic Surgery, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, 20133 Milan, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:3713-8. 2011..These results indicate a role for miRNAs in lung tissues and plasma as molecular predictors of lung cancer development and aggressiveness and have theoretical and clinical implication for lung cancer management...
- Side population in human lung cancer cell lines and tumors is enriched with stem-like cancer cellsMaria M Ho
Department of Cancer Genetics and Developmental Biology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Cancer Res 67:4827-33. 2007..These findings indicate that SP is an enriched source of lung tumor-initiating cells with stem cell properties and may be an important target for effective therapy and a useful tool to investigate the tumorigenic process...
- Gene expression-based survival prediction in lung adenocarcinoma: a multi-site, blinded validation studyKerby Shedden
Department of Statistics, 1085 South University, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nat Med 14:822-7. 2008..This study also provides the largest available set of microarray data with extensive pathological and clinical annotation for lung adenocarcinomas...
- Effective use of PI3K and MEK inhibitors to treat mutant Kras G12D and PIK3CA H1047R murine lung cancersJeffrey A Engelman
Nat Med 14:1351-6. 2008..These in vivo studies suggest that inhibitors of the PI3K-mTOR pathway may be active in cancers with PIK3CA mutations and, when combined with MEK inhibitors, may effectively treat KRAS mutated lung cancers...
- Phase III trial of cisplatin plus gemcitabine with either placebo or bevacizumab as first-line therapy for nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer: AVAilMartin Reck
Department of Thoracic Oncology, Hospital Grosshansdorf, Wohrendamm 80, 22927 Grosshansdorf, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:1227-34. 2009..This randomized phase III trial investigated the efficacy and safety of cisplatin/gemcitabine (CG) plus bevacizumab in this setting...
- Metastasis to bone: causes, consequences and therapeutic opportunitiesGregory R Mundy
Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, MS 7877, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 2:584-93. 2002....
- Genome-wide association scan of tag SNPs identifies a susceptibility locus for lung cancer at 15q25.1Christopher I Amos
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Genet 40:616-22. 2008..Haplotype analysis was consistent with there being a single risk variant in this region. We conclude that variation in a region of 15q25.1 containing nicotinic acetylcholine receptors genes contributes to lung cancer risk...
- Highly tumorigenic lung cancer CD133+ cells display stem-like features and are spared by cisplatin treatmentGiulia Bertolini
Molecular Cytogenetics Unit, Department of Experimental Oncology, Fondazione Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, 20133 Milan, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16281-6. 2009..The molecular features of these cells may provide the rationale for more specific therapeutic targeting and the definition of predictive factors in clinical management of this lethal disease...
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 is a tumor stem cell-associated marker in lung cancerFeng Jiang
Department of Pathology, Greenbaum Cancer Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1192, USA
Mol Cancer Res 7:330-8. 2009..These findings offer an important new tool for the study of lung CSCs and provide a potential prognostic factor and therapeutic target for treatment of the patients with lung cancer...
- MET amplification occurs with or without T790M mutations in EGFR mutant lung tumors with acquired resistance to gefitinib or erlotinibJames Bean
Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program, Department of Neurosurgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:20932-7. 2007..Taken together, these data suggest that MET amplification occurs independently of EGFR(T790M) mutations and that MET may be a clinically relevant therapeutic target for some patients with acquired resistance to gefitinib or erlotinib...
- A variant associated with nicotine dependence, lung cancer and peripheral arterial diseaseThorgeir E Thorgeirsson
deCODE Genetics, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Nature 452:638-42. 2008..The findings provide a case study of a gene-environment interaction, highlighting the role of nicotine addiction in the pathology of other serious diseases...
- Coexpression of Oct4 and Nanog enhances malignancy in lung adenocarcinoma by inducing cancer stem cell-like properties and epithelial-mesenchymal transdifferentiationShih Hwa Chiou
Institute of Pharmacology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer Res 70:10433-44. 2010..Our results support the notion that the Oct4/Nanog signaling controls epithelial-mesenchymal transdifferentiation, regulates tumor-initiating ability, and promotes metastasis of LAC...
- Non-small cell lung cancer: epidemiology, risk factors, treatment, and survivorshipJulian R Molina
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:584-94. 2008....
- Analysis of lung tumor initiation and progression using conditional expression of oncogenic K-rasE L Jackson
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Genes Dev 15:3243-8. 2001..Of particular significance, this system has led to the identification of a new cell type contributing to the development of pulmonary adenocarcinoma...
- The new World Health Organization classification of lung tumoursE Brambilla
Service de Pathologie Cellulaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, France
Eur Respir J 18:1059-68. 2001....
- DNA repair by ERCC1 in non-small-cell lung cancer and cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapyKen A Olaussen
Laboratory of Radiobiology and Oncology, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Fontenay aux Roses, University of Paris 11, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 355:983-91. 2006..Adjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy improves survival among patients with completely resected non-small-cell lung cancer, but there is no validated clinical or biologic predictor of the benefit of chemotherapy...
- A SNP in a let-7 microRNA complementary site in the KRAS 3' untranslated region increases non-small cell lung cancer riskLena J Chin
Department of Molecular, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Cancer Res 68:8535-40. 2008..The LCS6 variant allele in a KRAS miRANA complementary site is significantly associated with increased risk for NSCLC among moderate smokers and represents a new paradigm for let-7 miRNAs in lung cancer susceptibility...
- A susceptibility locus for lung cancer maps to nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit genes on 15q25Rayjean J Hung
International Agency for Research on Cancer IARC, Lyon 69008, France
Nature 452:633-7. 2008..Our results provide compelling evidence of a locus at 15q25 predisposing to lung cancer, and reinforce interest in nicotinic acetylcholine receptors as potential disease candidates and chemopreventative targets...
- Rational, biologically based treatment of EGFR-mutant non-small-cell lung cancerWilliam Pao
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, 2220 Pierce Avenue, 777 Preston Research Building, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6307, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 10:760-74. 2010..This Review summarizes recent developments aimed at treating and ultimately curing the disease...
- KIF5B-RET fusions in lung adenocarcinomaTakashi Kohno
Division of Genome Biology, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Nat Med 18:375-7. 2012....
- Systematic RNA interference reveals that oncogenic KRAS-driven cancers require TBK1David A Barbie
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 USA
Nature 462:108-12. 2009..These observations indicate that TBK1 and NF-kappaB signalling are essential in KRAS mutant tumours, and establish a general approach for the rational identification of co-dependent pathways in cancer...
- Clinical features and outcome of patients with non-small-cell lung cancer who harbor EML4-ALKAlice T Shaw
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Warren 501c, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4247-53. 2009..To aid in identification and treatment of these patients, we examined the clinical characteristics and treatment outcomes of patients who had NSCLC with and without EML4-ALK...
- MicroRNA classifiers for predicting prognosis of squamous cell lung cancerMitch Raponi
Centocor Research and Development, Radnor, Pennsylvania 19087, USA
Cancer Res 69:5776-83. 2009..Our data indicate that miRNAs may have greater clinical utility in predicting the prognosis of patients with squamous cell lung carcinomas than mRNA-based signatures...
- Interpreting the significance of changes in health-related quality-of-life scoresD Osoba
British Columbia Cancer Agency and University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Clin Oncol 16:139-44. 1998..To determine the significance to patients of changes in health-related quality-of-life (HLQ) scores assessed by the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) Quality of Life Questionnaire (QLQ-C30)...
- Clinical and biological features associated with epidermal growth factor receptor gene mutations in lung cancersHisayuki Shigematsu
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8593, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:339-46. 2005..However, the role of such mutations in the pathogenesis of lung cancers is unclear...
- Erlotinib as maintenance treatment in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a multicentre, randomised, placebo-controlled phase 3 studyFederico Cappuzzo
Department of Medical Oncology, Ospedale Civile di Livorno, Livorno, Italy
Lancet Oncol 11:521-9. 2010....
- Carcinoma-produced factors activate myeloid cells through TLR2 to stimulate metastasisSunhwa Kim
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Center, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093 0723, USA
Nature 457:102-6. 2009..These results explain how advanced cancer cells usurp components of the host innate immune system, including bone-marrow-derived myeloid progenitors, to generate an inflammatory microenvironment hospitable for metastatic growth...
- Gefitinib plus best supportive care in previously treated patients with refractory advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: results from a randomised, placebo-controlled, multicentre study (Iressa Survival Evaluation in Lung Cancer)Nick Thatcher
Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Lancet 366:1527-37. 2005..This placebo-controlled phase III study investigated the effect on survival of gefitinib as second-line or third-line treatment for patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer...
- A transforming KIF5B and RET gene fusion in lung adenocarcinoma revealed from whole-genome and transcriptome sequencingYoung Seok Ju
Genomic Medicine Institute, Medical Research Center, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Genome Res 22:436-45. 2012..Our data demonstrate that a subset of NSCLCs could be caused by a fusion of KIF5B and RET, and suggest the chimeric oncogene as a promising molecular target for the personalized diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer...
- Identification of new ALK and RET gene fusions from colorectal and lung cancer biopsiesDoron Lipson
Foundation Medicine, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 18:382-4. 2012..Further screening of 561 lung adenocarcinomas identified 11 additional tumors with KIF5B-RET gene fusions (2.0%; 95% CI 0.8-3.1%). Cells expressing oncogenic KIF5B-RET are sensitive to multi-kinase inhibitors that inhibit RET...
- Common 5p15.33 and 6p21.33 variants influence lung cancer riskYufei Wang
Section of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Nat Genet 40:1407-9. 2008..33 (rs3117582, BAT3-MSH5; P(combined) = 4.97 x 10(-10)) and 5p15.33 (rs401681, CLPTM1L; P(combined) = 7.90 x 10(-9))...
- Lung cancer susceptibility locus at 5p15.33James D McKay
International Agency for Research on Cancer IARC, Lyon, France
Nat Genet 40:1404-6. 2008..016). The susceptibility region contains two genes, TERT and CLPTM1L, suggesting that one or both may have a role in lung cancer etiology...
- Genes that mediate breast cancer metastasis to lungAndy J Minn
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nature 436:518-24. 2005..Others contribute to aggressive growth selectively in the lung. Many encode extracellular proteins and are of previously unknown relevance to cancer metastasis...
- A genome-wide association study of lung cancer identifies a region of chromosome 5p15 associated with risk for adenocarcinomaMaria Teresa Landi
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Hum Genet 85:679-91. 2009..In conclusion, a lung cancer GWAS identified a distinct hereditary contribution to adenocarcinoma...
- MiR-21 is an EGFR-regulated anti-apoptotic factor in lung cancer in never-smokersMasahiro Seike
Laboratory of Human Carcinogenesis, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:12085-90. 2009....
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for inoperable early stage lung cancerRobert Timmerman
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
JAMA 303:1070-6. 2010..Patients with early stage but medically inoperable lung cancer have a poor rate of primary tumor control (30%-40%) and a high rate of mortality (3-year survival, 20%-35%) with current management...
- KRAS mutations and primary resistance of lung adenocarcinomas to gefitinib or erlotinibWilliam Pao
Program in Cancer Biology and Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
PLoS Med 2:e17. 2005..Lung adenocarcinomas also harbor activating mutations in the downstream GTPase, KRAS, and mutations in EGFR and KRAS appear to be mutually exclusive...
- Detection of mutations in EGFR in circulating lung-cancer cellsShyamala Maheswaran
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston 02129, USA
N Engl J Med 359:366-77. 2008..Molecular characterization of circulating tumor cells may provide a strategy for noninvasive serial monitoring of tumor genotypes during treatment...
- Preexistence and clonal selection of MET amplification in EGFR mutant NSCLCAlexa B Turke
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Cancer Cell 17:77-88. 2010..These findings highlight the potential to prospectively identify treatment naive, patients with EGFR-mutant lung cancer who will benefit from initial combination therapy...
- Maintenance pemetrexed plus best supportive care versus placebo plus best supportive care for non-small-cell lung cancer: a randomised, double-blind, phase 3 studyTudor Ciuleanu
Oncological Institute Ion Chiricuta, Cluj, Romania
Lancet 374:1432-40. 2009..We assessed pemetrexed as maintenance therapy in patients with this disease...
- Oncogenic pathway signatures in human cancers as a guide to targeted therapiesAndrea H Bild
Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Nature 439:353-7. 2006..Linking pathway deregulation with sensitivity to therapeutics that target components of the pathway provides an opportunity to make use of these oncogenic pathway signatures to guide the use of targeted therapeutics...
- Sirolimus for angiomyolipoma in tuberous sclerosis complex or lymphangioleiomyomatosisJohn J Bissler
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
N Engl J Med 358:140-51. 2008..The drug sirolimus suppresses mTOR signaling...
- Estimates of global mortality attributable to smoking in 2000Majid Ezzati
Department of Population and International Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Lancet 362:847-52. 2003..Smoking is a risk factor for several diseases and has been increasing in many developing countries. Our aim was to estimate global and regional mortality in 2000 caused by smoking, including an analysis of uncertainty...
- Plasma microRNAs as potential biomarkers for non-small-cell lung cancerJun Shen
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201 1192, USA
Lab Invest 91:579-87. 2011..67%) in diagnosis of lung adenocarcinomas compared with squamous cell carcinomas (82.35%) (P<0.05). Altered expressions of the miRNAs in plasma would provide potential blood-based biomarkers for NSCLC...
- Diagnostic assay based on hsa-miR-205 expression distinguishes squamous from nonsquamous non-small-cell lung carcinomaDanit Lebanony
Rosetta Genomics Ltd, 10 Plaut St, Rehovot 76706, Israel
J Clin Oncol 27:2030-7. 2009..In this study, we set out to identify specific microRNA biomarkers for the identification of squamous cell carcinoma, and to use such markers for the development of a standardized assay...
- Annual report to the nation on the status of cancer, 1975-2005, featuring trends in lung cancer, tobacco use, and tobacco controlAhmedin Jemal
Epidemiology and Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA 30303 1002, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:1672-94. 2008..This year's report includes trends in lung cancer incidence and death rates, tobacco use, and tobacco control by state of residence...
- Randomized phase II trial comparing bevacizumab plus carboplatin and paclitaxel with carboplatin and paclitaxel alone in previously untreated locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancerDavid H Johnson
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, 777 Preston Research Bldg, Nashville, TN, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:2184-91. 2004..To investigate the efficacy and safety of bevacizumab plus carboplatin and paclitaxel in patients with advanced or recurrent non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Assessment of somatic k-RAS mutations as a mechanism associated with resistance to EGFR-targeted agents: a systematic review and meta-analysis of studies in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer and metastatic colorectal cancerHelena Linardou
1st Department of Medical Oncology, Metropolitan Hospital, Athens, Greece
Lancet Oncol 9:962-72. 2008..The aim of this systematic review and meta-analysis was to assess if k-RAS mutations represent a candidate predictive biomarker for anti-EGFR-targeted therapeutic strategies in mCRC and NSCLC...
- MicroRNA signature predicts survival and relapse in lung cancerSung Liang Yu
Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences and Medical Biotechnology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan 100, Republic of China
Cancer Cell 13:48-57. 2008..This microRNA signature is an independent predictor of the cancer relapse and survival of NSCLC patients...
- Evaluation of microRNA expression profiles that may predict recurrence of localized stage I non-small cell lung cancer after surgical resectionSantosh K Patnaik
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cancer Res 70:36-45. 2010..Our findings reinforce efforts to profile miRNA expression patterns for better prognostication of stage I NSCLC...
- Cetuximab plus chemotherapy in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (FLEX): an open-label randomised phase III trialRobert Pirker
Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Lancet 373:1525-31. 2009..We therefore compared chemotherapy plus cetuximab with chemotherapy alone in patients with advanced EGFR-positive non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Lung cancer in never smokers--a different diseaseSophie Sun
Division of Haematology and Oncology and Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 7:778-90. 2007..This Review summarizes our current knowledge of this unique and poorly understood disease...
- Rapid Akt activation by nicotine and a tobacco carcinogen modulates the phenotype of normal human airway epithelial cellsKip A West
Cancer Therapeutics Branch, Cell and Cancer Biology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20889, USA
J Clin Invest 111:81-90. 2003..Redundant Akt activation by nicotine and NNK could contribute to tobacco-related carcinogenesis by regulating two processes critical for tumorigenesis, cell growth and apoptosis...
- miR-210 is overexpressed in late stages of lung cancer and mediates mitochondrial alterations associated with modulation of HIF-1 activityM P Puissegur
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS UMR6097, Sophia Antipolis, France
Cell Death Differ 18:465-78. 2011..These observations help explain contradictory data regarding miR-210 expression and its putative function in solid tumors...
- Deciphering the impact of common genetic variation on lung cancer risk: a genome-wide association studyPeter Broderick
Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 69:6633-41. 2009..08 x 10(-6)) and 10q23.31 (rs1926203; P = 1.28 x 10(-6)). These data indicate few common variants account for 1% of the excess familial risk underscoring the necessity of having additional large sample series for gene discovery...
- Aldehyde dehydrogenase activity selects for lung adenocarcinoma stem cells dependent on notch signalingJames P Sullivan
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Cancer Res 70:9937-48. 2010..Therapeutic targeting of the Notch pathway reduces this ALDH(+) component, implicating Notch signaling in lung cancer stem cell maintenance...
- miR-1254 and miR-574-5p: serum-based microRNA biomarkers for early-stage non-small cell lung cancerKristen M Foss
Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
J Thorac Oncol 6:482-8. 2011..The aim of this study was to identify differentially expressed serum-based microRNAs (miRNAs) between patients with early-stage NSCLC and controls. These miRNAs may serve as biomarkers for NSCLC early detection...
- Gefitinib versus docetaxel in previously treated non-small-cell lung cancer (INTEREST): a randomised phase III trialEdward S Kim
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Lancet 372:1809-18. 2008..We compared gefitinib with docetaxel in patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer who had been pretreated with platinum-based chemotherapy...
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The grant will also allow for continuation of meritorious pilot protocols and will allow GCC to monitor and collect data which will produce mutual benefit to the GCC and CALGB. ..
- The Use of 68Ga-DOTATOC and 18F-FDG PET/CT Imaging in the Evaluation of Newly DiaRONALD CLARK WALKER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally we will combine these imaging data with a serum proteomic analysis and other patient information to develop a new multivariate model for the diagnosis of lung cancer. ..
- Targeting Fra-1 in Toxicant-Induced Lung Tumor Initiation &DevelopmentSekhar P Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus, we will examine for the first time the specific roles of Fra-1 in lung neoplasms using mice with a Fra-1 "floxed" allele to conditionally delete Fra- 1 in lung cell types...
- Asymmetric Cell Division and Notch Signaling in Lung Cancer Stem CellsSharon R Pine; Fiscal Year: 2013..Studies aimed at unraveling the fundamental properties governing how lung tumors are maintained may lead to novel and more efficacious therapies. ..
- FLORIDA FIREFIGHTER CANCER INCIDENCE AND MORTALITYLora Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Transdisciplinary Research in Cancer of the Lung (TRICL)Ming You; Fiscal Year: 2013..The overarching goal of our proposal is the identification of individuals at high risk for lung cancer development for whom screening and early detection would be most beneficial in reducing the burden of lung cancer. ..
- A Therapeutic Agent for Radiation-induced Lung FibrosisSHUAN HUANG; Fiscal Year: 2009..Lung fibrosis also develops as a consequence of multiple causes, including radiotherapy and chemotherapy for lung neoplasms. Radiation-induced lung fibrosis is a major concern for radiotherapy for cancer patients...
- Dietary Isothiocyanates in Cancer Prevention: Effects of Estrogen MetabolismMarilyn Morris; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Anti-PAM Inhibitors for the Treatment of CancerDAVID MERKLER; Fiscal Year: 2002..The successful completion of this research will validate PAM a about target for anticancer drugs and will lead to chemotherapeutics that could prove broadly useful in the treatment of cancer. ..
- Analysis for Nitrosamines, Changing Cigarette, AdditiveDIETRICH HOFFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Racial Segregation & Disparities in Cancer OutcomesJennifer Haas; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed study would provide empirical evidence that could give impetus to area-based interventions to reduce cancer disparities. ..
- Elucidation of the Lipoxygenase-Mediated Pathway of Lun*PAUL MYRDAL; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Phase I/II Trial of ZD1839 and Celecoxib in Ex-SmokersMichael Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PAHs and Cancer: Planning a Study in the Slovak RepublicKenneth Mundt; Fiscal Year: 2003..Based on this assessment, a research database will be developed as well as a detailed research plan, which will serve as a foundation for additional epidemiological research applications. ..
- CYTOTOXIC CELL REGULATION BY THE PULMONARY MACROPHAGEMichael Roth; Fiscal Year: 1992..Our ultimate goal is to optimize host immunity and impact on the natural history and treatment of pulmonary neoplasms...
- UNIQUE TISSUE AND TUMOR PROCESSING FACILITYAdi Gazdar; Fiscal Year: 2003..A charge back fee system will recover some of the costs and will be used for future expansion of the Facility, which is anticipated to become self sustaining after five years. ..
- DNA Repair, Skin Cancer and Overall Cancer RiskAnthony Alberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..Translation of the expected results will lead to better identification of at risk populations who should be considered for prevention interventions. ..
- PREVENTIVE ONCOLOGY ACADEMIC AWARDAnthony Alberg; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Markers of Genetic Susceptibility to Bladder CancerXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ability to rapidly screen individuals for risk, using minimally invasive procedures (blood samples), has immense clinical implication, such as intensive screening and chemopreventive interventions. ..
- Acupuncture to aid post-colectomy recovery in colorectal cancer patientsGary Deng; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase I/II Study of MS-275 and 5-Azacytidine in Patients with Advanced Non-SmallCHARLES RUDIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, this approach could alter the poor prognosis of individuals with this disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Microfluidic Channels for High Density, High Performance Culture AssaysDavid Beebe; Fiscal Year: 2008..As part of these studies, we will demonstrate a 25X reduction in the number of animals required for typical 24 well plate cell-based studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PREVENTION OF COLORECTAL CANCER BY iNOS AND COX-2 SELECTIVE INHIBITORSCHINTHALAPALLY RAO; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Quality of Life of Testicular Cancer SurvivorsYawei Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2008..The increasing incidence of TC in young men, and the high survival rate, makes understanding the morbidity associated with TC survival a public health priority. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Standardized Nursing Intervention Protocol for HCT PatientsMarcia Grant; Fiscal Year: 2009..Outcomes are evaluated at 3,6 and 12months post hospital discharge. Thestudy builds on over ten years of research collaboration with an interdisciplinary HCT team. ..
- Computerized Analysis of Mesothelioma on CT ScansSamuel Armato; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Modeling ovarian carcinoma by defined genetic alterationsAlexander Nikitin; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Deep South CanCORS Colorectal and Lung Cancer PDCR SiteMona Fouad; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, we have available highly experienced staff and an advanced infrastructure to support all aspects of the recruitment, follow-up, and data collection and management activities required for CanCORS. ..
- EGFR/Radiation Response and Resistance InteractionsPaul M Harari; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this research proposal, we seek to increase the percentage of cancer patients who benefit from leading cancer drugs through the identification and disabling of specific tumor cell molecules that promote treatment resistance. ..
- Study of Progenitor Regulation in Mouse Mammary GlandDavid Beebe; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such a model would have a significant impact on breast cancer research. ..
- Dendritic Cell Vaccination During Lymphoid ReconstitutionJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2008..Toxicity as well as clinical response will be secondary endpoints. The cohort with the optimal level of immune response will be taken forward in future studies. ..
- PHYSIOLOGY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF LUNG WATER TRANSPORTAlan Verkman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BStephen Graziano; Fiscal Year: 2002..Through our established outreach efforts, new advances in cancer therapy will be rapidly disseminated to large groups of patients in Central New York. ..
- DISSEMINATING END OF LIFE EDUCATION TO CANCER CENTERSMarcia Grant; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Action of Novel Anti-tumor Agents on Cell CommunicationDiane Matesic; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Mitochondrial oxidative damage in dopaminergic cellsEnrique Cadenas; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding of the nature of the putative mechanisms is deemed to be an indispensable step in developing therapeutic interventions. ..
- MARKERS FOR LUNG CARCINOGENESIS IN BRONCHIAL EPITHELIUMSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2001..f., simply markers of exposure) and help identify genetic alterations that are candidate markers of respiratory carcinogenesis. ..
- Gene Methylation and Therapeutic Response in Lung CancerSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..The validation of these genes as biomarkers of lung cancer risk and their detection in sputum and/or serum could ultimately support chemoprevention trials for preventing lung cancer. ..
- Health Disparity in Obesity and DiabetesMona Fouad; Fiscal Year: 2004..The conference will feature both didactic lectures and interactive presentations on possible reasons for health disparities. ..
- IN VITRO/IN VIVO ACTIVATED DENDRITIC CELLS FOR MELANOMAJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- PHASE I TRIALS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MECHANISMS OF FIBER CARCINOGENESISTOM HEI; Fiscal Year: 2001..Cytogenetic and molecular alterations at the gene level will be analyzed from tumors and intermediate transformation stages to provide a mechanistic basis for tumor induction by mineral fibers. ..
- Dual-color tumor-host imaging modelsMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..These models have significant commercial potential for discovery and development of stroma-targeted and anti-angiogenesis drugs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- THE MUTAGENICITY OF MINERAL FIBERSTOM HEI; Fiscal Year: 2006..By using specific DNA probes of other genes that have been regionally mapped to various sites on chromosome 11, the molecular spectrum of mutations induced by either asbestos or glass fiber control will be compared. ..
- Imageable tumor-targeting bacteriaMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Standard Database for CT Lung ImagesSamuel Armato; Fiscal Year: 2006..The ideas resented in this proposal are expected to stimulate the efforts of the Consortium toward that goal. ..
- Migration of Mature and Immature Dendritic CellsHENDRIK VAN DEVENTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..All have extensive experience in developing the careers o f young scientists. This work has the support of the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center which has made accessible its core facilities. ..
- Targeted tumoricidal bacteriaMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2007..Future human trials of the tumor-killing bacteria can be held after the Phase I and Phase II grant periods are completed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prognosis and Effectiveness of Advanced Lung Cancer Treatment in the ElderlyJuan P Wisnivesky; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will provide information regarding the efficacy of several therapies and may help resolve several controversies regarding the staging and treatment of elderly patients with advanced stage lung cancer. ..
- Inflammatory Biomarkers and Colorectal Cancer RiskGong Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, this study will contribute significantly to the understanding of the role of inflammation in the etiology of CRC and to the development of new strategies for the assessment of CRC risk. ..
- A pharmacogenetic and pharmacodynamic study of erlotinibCHARLES RUDIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Defining the basis of this toxicity could also promote the development of EGFR-directed agents that may avoid such toxicity or that may be effective in a broader spectrum of cancer patients. ..
- UAB Comprehensive Cancer Ctr/Tuskegee Univ PartnershipMona Fouad; Fiscal Year: 2004..Last but not least, a full sustainable partnership will enhance both institutions and make the elimination of the disparities between Caucasians and African Americans a real possibility by the year 2010-2015. ..
- RETINOIC ACID REGULATED GENES AND EMBRYOSMelissa Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2003..Aim 4. To identify genes directly activated by RA by trapping murine RAREs in yeast. This aim will identify genes directly induced by RA and thus primary in controlling signaling cascades leading to changes in cell behavior. ..
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Lung Cancer Treatment in the ElderlyJuan Wisnivesky; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings from this project will provide information that can directly impact the care of elderly patients with NSCLC and inform the design of future trials of lung cancer treatment strategies. ..
- Enzyme therapy for hyperhomocysteinemiaYuying Tan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Phase II results will lead to an IND for MEGC-PEG-rMETase for end stage renal disease patients and other patients with intractable hyperhomocysteinemia and high cardiovascular disease mortality. ..
- Adenoviral GFP targeting of metastatic human tumors using multiple delivery routeHiroyuki Kishimoto; Fiscal Year: 2008..Having obtained these results, we can move forward in the Phase II grant application with experiments to bring OBP-401 to the clinic for use in cancer surgery in human patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- KILLER CELLS AND ALCOHOLZUHAIR BALLAS; Fiscal Year: 2008..Preliminary data prompted the hypothesis that ETOH blunts the enhanced NK activity induced by CpG ODN [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Determinants of Metastatic ProgressionAlexander Nikitin; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Orthotopic models of tumor angiogenesis and blood flowMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISMS OF ARSENIC CARCINOGENESISTOM HEI; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- CTLA-4 Inhibition and Autoimmunity in MelanomaJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Antitumor Mechanisms of SRC Inhibitors in Lung CancerEric Haura; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Assessing Treatment-Related Harms in Prostate CancerH Welch; Fiscal Year: 2007..The entire process will be repeated on a cohort of men who receive a transurethral resection of the prostate. ..
- Statistical Methods for Gene Environment Interactions In Lung CancerChristopher Amos; Fiscal Year: 2009..The simulation approaches and analytical discoveries from our research will be widely distributed. (End of Abstract) ..