Genomes and Genes
Summary: Formation of an infarct, which is NECROSIS in tissue due to local ISCHEMIA resulting from obstruction of BLOOD CIRCULATION, most commonly by a THROMBUS or EMBOLUS.
Publications266 found, 100 shown here
- Multidetector row computed tomography findings from ischemia to infarction of the large bowelStefania Romano
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, A Cardarelli Hospital, Viale Cardarelli 9, 80131 Naples, Italy
Eur J Radiol 61:433-41. 2007..Clinical suspicion of ischemic colitis and infarction is related to specific findings, however, differential diagnosis as well as the staging for a confirmed ischemic ..
- Clazosentan to overcome neurological ischemia and infarction occurring after subarachnoid hemorrhage (CONSCIOUS-1): randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 2 dose-finding trialR Loch MacDonald
St Michael s Hospital, Division of Neurosurgery, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Stroke 39:3015-21. 2008....
- Spinal cord infarction after decompressive laminectomy for spontaneous spinal epidural hematoma--case reportJuno Park
Department of Neurosurgery, Korea University Ansan Hospital, Korea University School of Medicine, Seoul, R O K
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 47:325-7. 2007..Surgeons should consider the possibility of this devastating complication before aggressive and early surgical intervention in a patient with SSEH causing cord compression and neurological deficit...
- Blood pressure and renal outcomes in patients with kidney infarction and hypertensionBruno Paris
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
J Hypertens 24:1649-54. 2006To assess the causes and frequency of kidney infarction associated with hypertension, and the blood pressure and renal function outcomes.
- Spinal cord infarction: MR imaging and clinical features in 16 casesStefan Weidauer
Institute of Neuroradiology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat Frankfurt, Schleusenweg 2 16, 60528 Frankfurt, Germany
Neuroradiology 44:851-7. 2002..MR imaging is therefore useful in detecting spinal cord infarction, with axial T2-weighted images showing hyperintensities in the ASA territory in 15 of 16 patients...
- Diabetic muscle infarction: an underdiagnosed complication of long-standing diabetesA J Trujillo-Santos
Internal Medicine Service, Hospital Costa del Sol, Marbella Málaga, Spain
Diabetes Care 26:211-5. 2003To systematically review all the reported cases of diabetic muscle infarction (DMI) and its pathogenesis, clinical features, prognostic implications, and management.
- MRI contrast enhancement of necrosis by MP-2269 and gadophrin-2 in a rat model of liver infarctionY Ni
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
Invest Radiol 36:97-103. 2001..correlation study was conducted to verify the likelihood of the proposed albumin-binding mechanism by comparing an albumin-binding blood pool agent, MP-2269, with gadophrin-2 in a rat model of reperfused liver infarction.
- Evolution of cortical activation during recovery from corticospinal tract infarctionR S Marshall
Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Stroke 31:656-61. 2000Recovery from hemiparesis due to corticospinal tract infarction is well documented, but the mechanism of recovery is unknown. Functional MRI (fMRI) provides a means of identifying focal brain activity related to movement of a paretic hand...
- Ischemia and infarction of the small bowel and colon: spectrum of imaging findingsS Romano
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, A Cardarelli Hospital, Viale Cardarelli 9, Naples 80131, Italy
Abdom Imaging 31:277-92. 2006
- Uterine artery embolization for leiomyomas: percentage of infarction predicts clinical outcomeThomas J Kroencke
Department of Radiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13553 Berlin, Germany
Radiology 255:834-41. 2010To determine the effect of partial versus complete leiomyoma infarction on relief of leiomyoma-related symptoms and freedom from invasive reinterventions and to assess if patient age, location of the dominant leiomyoma, number of ..
- Acute segmental testicular infarction at contrast-enhanced ultrasound: early features and changes during follow-upMichele Bertolotto
Department of Radiology, Ospedale di Cattinara, University of Trieste, Strada di Fiume 447, 34149 Trieste, Italy
AJR Am J Roentgenol 196:834-41. 2011The purpose of this retrospective study was to assess whether contrast-enhanced ultrasound is useful for characterization of acute segmental testicular infarction.
- Small bowel infarction in a patient with coeliac diseaseA McNeill
Freeman Hospital, High Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE7 7DN, UK
J Clin Pathol 59:216-8. 2006..Although there is no proof that mesenteric infarction occurred as a direct consequence of coeliac disease, clinicians should be aware of this possibility.
- Radiologic findings of segmental testicular infarctionGabriel C Fernández-Pérez
Radiology Department, Povisa Medical Center, Salamanca, St 5 36211, Vigo Pontevedra Spain
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:1587-93. 2005Our objective was to describe the radiologic findings of segmental testicular infarction and to establish a proper diagnosis that can avoid orchiectomy.
- Natural history and distribution of bone and bone marrow infarction in sickle hemoglobinopathiesSam K Kim
Department of Radiology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90039 1812, USA
J Nucl Med 43:896-900. 2002..Multiple examinations were performed on 21 patients. The number and distribution of total acute, healed, and nonhealed infarcts by location were recorded on a skeletal homunculus...
- Acute optic nerve infarction demonstrated by diffusion-weighted imaging in a case of rhinocerebral mucormycosisS Mathur
Department of Radiology, University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago, Chicago, Ill, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 28:489-90. 2007..This MR imaging abnormality of optic nerve infarction due to mucormycosis has not been reported previously.
- Spinal cord infarction: clinical and magnetic resonance imaging findings and short term outcomeC Masson
Department of Neurology, Beaujon Hospital, 100 bd du Général Leclerc, 92110 Clichy, France
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:1431-5. 2004Most studies on spinal cord infarction have been conducted in single centres; they usually consisted of case reports, or of larger series of patients recruited over a large period of time, with heterogeneous diagnostic procedures...
- Acute segmental testicular infarction: differentiation from tumour using high frequency colour Doppler ultrasoundS Sriprasad
Department of Urology, Kings College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, UK
Br J Radiol 74:965-7. 2001Segmental testicular infarction is rare, of variable aetiology but usually idiopathic. B-mode ultrasound may demonstrate a focal mass indistinguishable from a testicular tumour, with confirmation only achieved following surgery...
- Treatment and outcomes of diabetic muscle infarctionSuneil Kapur
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Ottawa Hospital Riverside Campus, 1967 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1H 7W9
J Clin Rheumatol 11:8-12. 2005Diabetic patients can develop spontaneous infarctions of muscle. The optimal treatment of this diabetic muscle infarction (DMI) is unknown.
- Cushing's syndrome due to ectopic CRH secretion by adrenal pheochromocytoma accompanied by renal infarctionF Bayraktar
DEU Dokuz Eylul University, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Izmir, Turkey
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 114:444-7. 2006..This is an unusual case of a CRH-secreting pheochromocytoma. This was complicated by renal infarction, illustrating further the complexity of Cushing's syndrome in a patient with pheochromocytoma caused by CRH ..
- Renal infarction and immune-mediated glomerulonephritis in sheep (Ovis aries) chronically implanted with indwelling cathetersVarada P Rao
Division of Comparative Medicine, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 45:14-9. 2006....
- Multifactorial aetiology of hepatic infarction: a case report with literature reviewSven Francque
Service d Hépatologie and INSERM U481, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:411-5. 2004The rarity of hepatic infarction has been explained by the protection from ischaemia provided by the double arterial and portal inflow...
- Massive hepatic infarction complicating ultrasound-guided percutaneous radiofrequency thermal ablationGuido Poggi
Liver Int 24:704-5. 2004
- Diagnostic difficulties in spontaneous infarction of a fibroadenoma in an adolescent: case reportKamayani M Deshpande
Department of Pathology, Government Medical College, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Diagn Cytopathol 26:26-8. 2002Spontaneous infarction is an uncommon complication occurring in fibroadenoma of the breast...
- Surgery for mesenteric infarction: prognostic factors associated with early death within 72 hoursCorinne Merle
Department of Medical Information, Univesrity Hospital of Reims, Reims, France
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 18:734-41. 2004..The aim of this study was to look for preoperative and postoperative prognostic factors for early mortality, likely to be of use to clinicians in decision making...
- High resolution optical imaging of infarction in intact organsManami Hara
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Biotechniques 39:373-6. 2005..this method to examine the tissue necrosis in the intact heart and kidney resulting from myocardial and renal infarction. In myocardial infarction produced by surgically occluding the left anterior descending coronary artery, the ..
- Hyperintensity of distal vessels on FLAIR is associated with slow progression of the infarction in acute ischemic strokeN Perez de la Ossa
Stroke Unit, Department of Neurosciences, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
Cerebrovasc Dis 34:376-84. 2012..Our aim was to study the association of the HV sign with progression of infarction in acute stroke patients.
- Primary torsion of the greater omentum: report of a caseAnastasios J Karayiannakis
Second Department of Surgery, Democritus University of Thrace, Medical School, 6 I Kaviri Street, 68 100 Alexandroupolis, Greece
Surg Today 32:913-5. 2002..We report a case of primary omental torsion and discuss the diagnostic and therapeutic implications of this entity...
- [Abdominal organ infarction encountered immediately after surgery of primary lung cancer]Hiroyuki Oura
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Iwate Prefectural Central Hospital, Morioka, Japan
Kyobu Geka 58:137-42. 2005Very rare cases of abdominal organ infarction after surgery of primary lung cancer were reported...
- Massive infarction of a recurrent phyllodes tumor of the breast: MRI-findingsI Verslegers
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Antwerp, Belgium
JBR-BTR 87:21-2. 2004..This case illustrates the radiological presentation of a completely infarcted phyllodes tumour. As far as we know, imaging findings of an infarcted phyllodes tumour have not been reported yet...
- Methamphetamine-associated shock with intestinal infarctionTemple A Brannan
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
MedGenMed 6:6. 2004..We report an unusual case of methamphetamine-associated intestinal infarction.
- ED presentations of acute renal infarctionChien Cheng Huang
Department of Emergency Medicine, Cathay General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Emerg Med 25:164-9. 2007The objective of the study was to investigate initial clinical characteristics that can suggest an early diagnosis of patients with acute renal infarction presenting with flank and/or abdominal pain in the emergency department (ED).
- Acute bone crises in sickle cell disease: the T1 fat-saturated sequence in differentiation of acute bone infarcts from acute osteomyelitisR Jain
Department of Radiology, College of Medicine, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman
Clin Radiol 63:59-70. 2008..caused by sequestration of red blood cells (RBCs) in bone marrow, and to evaluate the unenhanced T1 fat-saturated (fs) sequence in the differentiation of acute bone infarction from acute osteomyelitis in patients with sickle-cell disease.
- Noninvasive remote ischemic preconditioning for global protection of skeletal muscle against infarctionPatrick D Addison
Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, and Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H1435-43. 2003..IPC) technique for the protection of multiple distant skeletal muscles against ischemic necrosis (infarction)...
- Shear-wave elastography of segmental infarction of the testisFatih Kantarci
Department of Radiology, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul 34300, Turkey
Korean J Radiol 13:820-2. 2012Segmental testicular infarction (STI) is a rare cause of acute scrotum...
- Severe visual loss and orbital infarction following periorbital aesthetic poly-(L)-lactic acid (PLLA) injectionSteve A I Roberts
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 28:e68-70. 2012..Angiography and further history suggested an embolic orbital infarction as the mechanism of injury...
- Placental infarction identified by macroscopic examination and risk of cerebral palsy in infants at 35 weeks of gestational age and overEve Blair
Center for Child Health Research, University of Western Australia, Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, and School of Paediatrics and Child Health, Perth, Western Australia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 205:124.e1-7. 2011We sought to investigate whether placental infarction determined by macroscopic examination was associated with risk of cerebral palsy (CP).
- Renal infarction due to polyarteritis nodosa in a patient with angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma: a case report and a brief review of the literatureMaria Raffaella Ambrosio
Department of Human Pathology and Oncology, Pathological Anatomy Section, University of Siena, Via delle Scotte, Siena, 6 53100, Italy
Diagn Pathol 7:50. 2012..A careful evaluation is needed in the management of angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma patients with signs of renal failure in order to avoid delay of treatment and organ damage...
- Sclerosing encapsulating peritonitis and non-occlusive mesenteric infarction found at autopsy in a man who had undergone continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis: a histochemical and immunohistochemical studyT Ohmori
Second Department of Pathology, Ehime University School of Medicine, Ehime, Japan
Pathol Int 50:660-6. 2000..examination of a rare case of sclerosing encapsulating peritonitis (SEP) and non-occlusive mesenteric infarction (NOMI), two serious complications of continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD), with which a man ..
- Omental infarction caused by laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy for gastric cancer: CT findingsJ Y Oh
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Dong A University College of Medicine, Seo Ku, Busan, Republic of Korea
Clin Radiol 66:966-73. 2011To investigate the computed tomography (CT) imaging features of omental infarction in patients who underwent laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy (LAG) for gastric cancer.
- Prostacyclin-deficient mice develop ischemic renal disorders, including nephrosclerosis and renal infarctionChieko Yokoyama
Department of Pharmacology, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Circulation 106:2397-403. 2002..To study the role of PGI2 in the vascular system in vivo, PGI2-deficient (PGID) mice were established by genetic disruption of the PGI2 synthase gene...
- Differentiating osteomyelitis from bone infarction in sickle cell diseaseA L Wong
Jules Stein Eye Institute, Department of Pediatrics, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, 90095-1752, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 17:60-3; quiz 64. 2001..The major differential diagnoses include osteomyelitis and bone infarction. Based on previous studies, we provide an approach to assessing and treating patients with the possible ..
- Orbital infarction in sickle cell diseaseAnuradha Ganesh
Department of Ophthalmology, Sultan Qaboos University Hospital, Muscat, Oman
Am J Ophthalmol 146:595-601. 2008To determine the role of hematological and genetic factors in the development of orbital infarction in sickle cell disease.
- Diabetic muscle infarction of the forearm in a patient with long-standing type 1 diabetesSerena Cardillo
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Endocr Pract 12:188-92. 2006To describe a case of diabetic muscle infarction affecting an upper extremity in a patient with long-term poorly controlled diabetes.
- Clinical characteristics of patients with segmental renal infarctionPei Lun Chu
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital Yun Lin Branch, Yun Lin, Taiwan
Nephrology (Carlton) 11:336-40. 2006Renal infarction is usually an underestimated disease due to its rare and non-specific presentations; the renal survival of these patients is not well studied...
- Hemodynamic infarction of the spinal cord: involvement of the gray matter plus the border-zone between the central and peripheral arteriesK Ishizawa
Department of Pathology, Saitama Medical School, Saitama, Japan
Spinal Cord 43:306-10. 2005Hemodynamic infarction of the spinal cord that affected an 81-year-old female having a dissecting aortic aneurysm is presented...
- Os odontoideum with cerebellar infarction: a case reportH Sasaki
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata City, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:1178-81. 2000..A case report...
- Spinal cord infarction remote from maximal compression in a patient with Morquio syndromeCalvin K W Tong
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, University of British Columbia, Canada
J Neurosurg Pediatr 9:608-12. 2012..report describes a 16-year-old girl with Morquio syndrome who developed paraplegia due to thoracic spinal cord infarction during foramen magnum and atlantal decompression...
- Testicular infarction as a sequela of inguinal hernia repairLei Chu
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 3232, USA
Can J Urol 16:4953-4. 2009..We reviewed four patients with a recent history of inguinal hernia repair and subsequently developed ischemic orchitis to evaluate management options to provide symptomatic relief and prevent testicular atrophy...
- Optical coherence tomography demonstration of macular infarction in sickle cell retinopathyAndre J Witkin
Department of Ophthalmology, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 124:746-7. 2006
- Prognostic value of multidetector computed tomography in bowel infarctionM Moschetta
Di M I M P Sezione di Diagnostica per Immagini, Policlinico Universitario, Bari, Italy
Radiol Med 114:780-91. 2009This study aimed to correlate computed tomography (CT) findings and outcomes in patients affected by bowel infarction.
- Two cases of ductal adenoma of the breastKen Ichi Okada
Department of Surgery, Tokai University School of Meidicine, Bohseidai, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
Breast Cancer 13:354-9. 2006..Excisional biopsy was later done. Ductal adenoma (sclerosing papilloma) with hemorrhagic infarction was diagnosed...
- Acute renal infarction secondary to calcific embolus from mitral annular calcificationDinesh Bande
Department of Medicine, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Grand Forks, ND, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 34:647-9. 2011..We briefly review the literature and discuss the importance of this entity in clinical practice...
- Diabetic muscle infarction: a rare complication of advanced diabetes mellitusSarah R Glauser
University of Toledo College of Medicine, Toledo, OH, USA
Emerg Radiol 15:61-5. 2008Diabetic muscle infarction is a rare complication of diabetes mellitus first described in 1965...
- Bilateral orbital infarction syndrome after bifrontal craniotomyPhilip Maier
University Eye Hospital Freiburg, Killianstr 5, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Arch Ophthalmol 125:422-3. 2007
- Catastrophic antiphospholipid syndrome presented with severe hypertension, adult respiratory distress syndrome and unilateral adrenal haemorrhagic infarctionIoannis Starakis
Department of Internal Medicine, Patras University Hospital, 26500 Rion, Patras, Greece
Rheumatol Int 27:781-3. 2007..syndrome (CAPS) in an adult female manifested with severe hypertension followed by adrenal haemorrhagic infarction and adult respiratory distress syndrome...
- Gentamicin-induced macular infarction in transconjunctival sutureless 25-gauge vitrectomyNicola Cardascia
Department of Oftalmologia, Policlinico Bari, P zza G Cesare, 11, Bari, BA, 70124, Italy
Int Ophthalmol 28:383-5. 2008..State Gentamicin antibiotic prophylaxis is contraindicated in 25 gauge Transconjunctival Sutureless Vitrectomy...
- Small bowel infarction secondary to volvulus during pregnancy: a case reportPapa Essilfie
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Doncaster Royal Infirmary, Doncaster, Northern Ireland
J Reprod Med 52:553-4. 2007..Pregnancy masks the signs and symptoms of intestinal obstruction. A high index of suspicion is required for proper and timely diagnosis...
- Cocaine-induced renal artery dissection and thrombosis leading to renal infarctionDavid A Edmondson
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
WMJ 103:66-9. 2004..He was found to have recurrent clot formation in the right renal artery. Further workup revealed a double heterozygous methyltetrahydrofolate reductase A1298C/C677T thermolabile polymorphism with an elevated serum homocysteine...
- Severe unilateral headache caused by skull bone infarction with epidural haematoma in a patient with sickle cell diseaseSamuel Arends
Haga Hospital, Pelikaanhof 66 g, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cephalalgia 31:1325-8. 2011..We report a case of a man who presented with severe headache caused by an uncommon complication of SCD...
- Spinal cord infarction with multiple etiologic factorsJohn J Millichap
Department of Internal Medicine, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:151-4. 2007Spinal cord infarction is uncommon and usually presents with sudden onset of paralysis and sensory disturbances. A variety of causes are described, but rarely with multiple factors involved...
- Central retinal vein occlusion with cilioretinal infarction from branch flow exclusion and choroidal arterial stealDavid McLeod
Academic Department of Ophthalmology, Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, and The University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
Retina 29:1381-95. 2009The first definitive study of retinal vein occlusion complicated by infarction within the territory of one or more cilioretinal arteries was published in 1976...
- Temporal arteritis: a cough, toothache, and tongue infarctionDavid B Hellmann
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, 4940 Eastern Ave, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
JAMA 287:2996-3000. 2002..condition is illustrated in this article by the case of a 79-year-old woman with a dry cough, toothache, tongue infarction, and vision loss...
- Segmental testicular infarction: conservative management is feasible and safeSanjeev Madaan
Department of Urology, St James University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
Eur Urol 53:441-5. 2008Segmental testicular infarction is a rare cause of acute scrotum. Its aetiology is not well defined and it can be clinically confused with a testicular tumour...
- Diabetic muscle infarctionAntony Mathew
Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend, UK
Emerg Med J 24:513-4. 2007Diabetic muscle infarction (DMI) is a rare complication of longstanding, poorly controlled diabetes. Only a few cases have been reported in the literature...
- Diffusion-weighted MRI of spinal cord infarction--high resolution imaging and time course of diffusion abnormalityWilhelm Kuker
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, 72076, Germany
J Neurol 251:818-24. 2004b>Infarction is a rare cause of spinal cord dysfunction...
- An uncommon case of systemic Mucormycosis associated with spinal cord infarction in a recently diagnosed diabeticA Giuliani
Department of Internal Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 23:355-8. 2010..in a 54-year-old diabetic woman and evolved into a disseminated form, leading to an uncommon spinal cord infarction and consequent paraparesis...
- Spontaneous short-term remission of primary hyperparathyroidism from infarction of a parathyroid adenomaF Cetani
J Endocrinol Invest 27:687-90. 2004..0 x 1.2 cm parathyroid adenoma with areas of necrosis with hemosiderinladen macrophages. In conclusion, we describe a case of spontaneous short-term remission of PHPT due to infarction of parathyroid adenoma.
- Successful thrombolytic therapy for bilateral renal infarction: a case reportHan Ching Lin
Department of Urology, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 22:410-4. 2006Acute renal infarction is a rarely reported disease in the medical literature...
- Vascular infarction by subcutaneous application of tissue factor targeted to tumor vessels with NGR-peptides: activity and toxicity profileJohannes Dreischalück
Department of Medicine A, University of Muenster, D 48129 Muenster, Germany
Int J Oncol 37:1389-97. 2010..Thus, subcutaneous injection of tTF-NGR represents an active, but toxic application procedure and compares unfavourably to intravenous infusion...
- Prognostic factors for mesenteric infarction: multivariate analysis of 187 patients with regard to patient ageJoerg Peter Ritz
Department of General, Vascular, and Thoracic Surgery, Charite University Medicine, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Ann Vasc Surg 19:328-34. 2005..5 years underwent surgery for acute mesenteric infarction (AMI) in our department...
- Diabetic muscle infarction of the peroneus brevis: a case reportY W Lim
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Changi General Hospital, and Department of Pathology, National University of Singapore
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 13:314-6. 2005Diabetic muscle infarction of the peroneus brevis is a rare complication of diabetes mellitus. It often presents with an acute leg pain without any obvious signs...
- Sonographic diagnosis of superior hemispheric testicular infarctionMichael E Ledwidge
Department of Radiology, Sonography Section, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Box 3252, E3 311 CSC, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 179:775-6. 2002
- Ischemic spinal cord infarction in children without vertebral fractureJessica R Nance
Division of Pediatric Neurology, Department of Neurology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Pediatr Neurol 36:209-16. 2007Spinal cord infarction in children is a rare condition that is becoming more widely recognized. There are few reports in the pediatric literature characterizing etiology, diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis...
- Acute renal infarction secondary to atrial fibrillation - mimicking renal stone pictureSalih Bin Salih
Department of Medicine, King Abulaziz Cardiac Center, King Fahad National Guard Hospital, King Abdulaziz Medical City, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 17:208-12. 2006Acute renal infarction presents in a similar clinical picture to that of a renal stone. We report a 55-year-old Saudi female, known to have atrial fibrillation secondary to mitral stenosis due to rheumatic heart disease...
- Late acute celiac and hepatic artery thrombosis with portal vein thrombosis resulting in hepatic infarction 12 years post orthotopic liver transplantationMazhar Haque
Division of Gastroenterology, University of British Columbia, British Columbia Transplant Society, BC, Canda
Ann Hepatol 8:396-9. 2009..of Wilson's disease who presented twelve years post-liver transplant symptoms typical of acute HAT and hepatic infarction. On diagnostic imaging, celiac axis and hepatic artery were thrombosed, resulting in ischemic necrosis of the ..
- Spontaneous infarction of fibroadenoma in an adolescent girlCarol L Fowler
Savannah Pediatric Surgery, 4750 Waters Ave, Suite 511, Savannah, GA 31404, USA
Pediatr Radiol 34:988-90. 2004..Histologic diagnosis of the excised structure was an infarcted fibroadenoma. This case describes the clinical presentation and unique sonographic appearance of a rare, spontaneous infarction of a fibroadenoma in an adolescent girl.
- Diabetic muscle infarction: case report of a rare complicationHanna N Ahmed
Department of Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Med 120:e3-5. 2007
- Breast infarction after internal mammary artery harvest in a patient with calciphylaxisD J Morris
Carney Hospital, Dorchester, Massachusetts, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 64:1469-71. 1997..This report documents complete ischemic necrosis of a breast in a patient with end-stage renal disease and a history of calciphylaxis, after the harvest of an internal mammary artery...
- Sentinel central retinal artery occlusion: a forme fruste of idiopathic renal infarctionYing Jen Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan
Am J Emerg Med 27:253.e1-2. 2009..of amaurosis fugax secondary to sentinel central retinal artery occlusion followed by acute idiopathic renal infarction. This patient highlights that the preceding visual events could portend a devastating thromboembolic insult in ..
- Upper extremity diabetic muscle infarction in three patients with end-stage renal disease: a case series and reviewRaman Joshi
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, William Osler Health Care Centre, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Rheumatol 15:81-4. 2009Diabetic muscle infarction is a rare complication of diabetes. Since first reported in 1965, approximately 130 patients have been reported, with only 2 cases described affecting the upper extremity...
- An unusual complication after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: torsion and infarction of the divided OmentumT J R Bestman
Department of General and Bariatric Surgery, ZNA Stuivenberg Hospital, Lange Beeldekensstraat 267, 2060, Antwerp, Belgium
Obes Surg 19:1731-3. 2009..An abdominal computed tomography scan showed signs of omental infarction. A laparoscopy was performed and showed a torsion and infarction of the divided greater omentum...
- Mesenteric venous thrombosis with transmural intestinal infarction: a population-based studyStefan Acosta
Department of Vascular Diseases, Malmo University Hospital, S205 02 Malmö, Sweden
J Vasc Surg 41:59-63. 2005To determine the cause-specific mortality from and incidence of transmural intestinal infarction caused by mesenteric venous thrombosis (MVT) in a population-based study and to evaluate the findings at autopsy by evaluating autopsies and ..
- Spinal cord infarction in Chinese patients. Clinical features, risk factors, imaging and prognosisMei Yun Cheng
Department of Neurology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Cerebrovasc Dis 26:502-8. 2008The clinical presentations, MRI findings and outcomes for spinal cord infarction (SCI) are well documented in the West but scarce in the East...
- Idiopathic segmental infarction of the greater omentum diagnosed by unenhanced multidetector-row CT and treated successfully by laparoscopyRoberta Cianci
Section of Radiological Sciences, Department of Clinical Sciences and Bioimages, G D Annunzio University of Chieti, SS Annunziata Hospital, Via dei Vestini Colle dell Ara, 66013 Chieti, Italy
Emerg Radiol 15:51-6. 2008Idiopathic segmental infarction of the greater omentum is a rare disorder presenting with nonspecific clinical symptoms that may mimic a variety of acute abdominal conditions...
- Omental infarction in childrenAyelet Rimon
Division of Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Department of Paediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr 155:427-431.e1. 2009To analyze the clinical presentation, radiologic features, management, and outcome in children diagnosed with omental infarction.
- Segmental omental infarction in childhood: an unusual case of left-sided location with extension into the pelvisSylvain Foscolo
Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital, University of Nancy, Allee du Morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Pediatr Radiol 37:575-7. 2007Segmental omental infarction (OI) is a rare cause of abdominal pain in children. It generally occurs in the right lower and upper quadrants of the abdomen and only a few cases of other locations have been described in adults...
- Omental torsion and infarction: a diagnostic dilemma and its laparoscopic managementPrakash K Sasmal
Department of Minimal Access Surgery, ILS Hospital, Kolkata, India
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 20:225-9. 2010..of the omentum, described variously as acute epiploitis, primary omental torsion, idiopathic segmental infarction, etc...
- Segmental testicular infarction as a complication of varicocelectomy: sonographic findingsMustafa Secil
Department of Radiology, Dokuz Eylul University Faculty of Medicine, Inciralti, Izmir, Turkey
J Clin Ultrasound 34:143-5. 2006Segmental testicular infarction is a rare clinical entity with various causes. We report the gray-scale and color Doppler sonographic findings of a case of segmental testicular infarction associated with varicocelectomy.
- Infarction after fine needle aspiration biopsy of pleomorphic adenoma of the parotid glandH Bayramoglu
Department of Pathology, Pamukkale University Faculty of Medicine, Denizli, Turkey
Acta Cytol 45:1008-10. 2001..In a small number of cases FNA has been followed by varying degrees of necrosis in some organs. In the literature there are a few reports associated with necrosis in a pleomorphic adenoma of the parotid gland following FNA...
- Non-operative management of idiopathic segmental infarction of the greater omentum successfully diagnosed by computed tomographyBrian K P Goh
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:1638-9. 2006
- Choroidal infarction following photodynamic therapy with verteporfinChristina M Klais
Vitreous Retina Macula Consultants of New York, 519 E 72nd Street, Ste 203, New York, NY 10021, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 123:1149-53. 2005
- Muscle infarction in a 13 year-old female with type 1 diabetes mellitus of short durationJudith Umeukeje
Department of Pediatrics, University of Medicine and Dentistry, Newark, NJ, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 19:1039-43. 2006..female with an 11-month history of type 1 diabetes mellitus (DM) was admitted to the hospital with a muscle infarction. Diagnosis of this rare complication of DM was suggested by clinical presentation, magnetic resonance imaging (..
- Omental infarction in children: imaging features with pathological correlationW Lee
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, 100 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 229899
Singapore Med J 46:328-32. 2005Omental infarction is a rare occurrence in the paediatric population. It often presents as an acute abdomen that can mimic acute appendicitis and cholecystitis.
- Muscle infarction involving muscles of abdominal and thoracic walls in diabetesX Ran
Department of Endocrinology Internal Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Diabet Med 22:1757-60. 2005This paper presents two cases of muscle infarction involving four major muscles of the anterior abdominal wall (case 1) and pectoralis major (case 2) in individuals with diabetes.
- Omental infarction--a mimicker of acute appendicitis in childrenMay Han Loh
Department of Pediatric Surgery, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, Singapore 229 899, Singapore
J Pediatr Surg 40:1224-6. 2005The aim of this study was to review the presenting features of pediatric patients found to have omental infarction with a normal appendix at surgery.
- Omental infarction: risk factors in childrenVincent Varjavandi
Department of Surgery, The Floating Hospital for Children, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Pediatr Surg 38:233-5. 2003A series of 4 cases of omental infarction are analyzed. It is shown that obesity, as well as idiosyncratic anatomy, are factors in the development of this rare clinicopathologic entity.
- Diabetic thigh muscle infarction in association with antiphospholipid antibodiesG W Palmer
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 30:272-80. 2001BACKGROUND: Diabetic muscle infarction (DMI) is a rare complication of type 1 diabetes mellitus. DMI has a stereotyped clinical presentation and characteristic, though nonspecific, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and histologic findings...
- Cerebellar infarction from a traumatic vertebral artery dissection in a childS H Kim
Division of Neurosurgery, Children s Hospital, Ohio State University Hospitals, Columbus 43210, USA
Pediatr Neurosurg 27:71-7. 1997b>Infarction due to vertebral dissection is a rarely reported event in children...
- Orbital infarction after cocaine useGregory P Van Stavern
Departments of Ophthalmology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Neurology 59:642-3. 2002
- The epidemiology of placental infarction at termD M O Becroft
Department of Paediatrics, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Placenta 23:343-51. 2002The incidence and associations of placental infarction at term were investigated as part of a population based case-control study of small for gestational age (SGA) infants...
- Right lower quadrant pain in children caused by omental infarctionM A Helmrath
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery, Texas Children's Hospital, 1102 Bates, Suite 245, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Surg 182:729-32. 2001BACKGROUND: Omental infarction is a rare cause of abdominal pain, with fewer than 300 cases reported in the literature. Only 15% of reported cases occur in the pediatric population...
- Chymase-Mediated MMP Activation in Ishemia Reperfusion InjuryLOUIS JOSEPH DELL'ITALIA; Fiscal Year: 2013..In particular, the care of acute myocardial infarction has now been transformed by reperfusion therapy, which in most large community hospitals, provides faster, more ..
- Cardiovascular Responses to Sleep Apnea in Tetraplegia: A Pilot StudyJill M Wecht; Fiscal Year: 2010..evidence indicates that untreated OSA carries increased risk for the development of hypertension, myocardial infarction, and stroke...
- Comprehensive biomarker study to capitalize on existing GWAS in 10K South AsiansDanish Saleheen; Fiscal Year: 2010..proposal provides the NHLBI with the opportunity to capitalize on an existing large South Asian myocardial infarction (MI) case-control study in which subjects have already been genome-wide genotyped...
- Novel Mitochondrial Mechanisms of Ethanol-Induced Cardiac Injury in Aged FemalesDONNA HOPE KORZICK; Fiscal Year: 2010..is exacerbated by evidence indicating that post-menopausal women have higher mortality rates after myocardial infarction vs aged men, and it is unclear whether the effects of aging and estrogen (E2) deficiency are additive with ..
- Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase as a Target for Ischemic CardioprotectionDonna M Van Winkle; Fiscal Year: 2012..the first evaluation of sEH inhibitors as a prophylaxis against, and a therapeutic treatment of, myocardial infarction. Potential Impact on Veteran's Health Care...
- Biology and Pathologies of Type V CollagenDaniel S Greenspan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Atherosclerosis is the most prevalent pathologic process leading to cardiovascular disease, including myocardial infarction and stroke - the number-one killers in the western hemisphere...
- TLR4 Inhibition to Reduce Cerebral Ischemia Reperfusion InjuryLORI ANN HOLLE; Fiscal Year: 2011..many clinical events such as organ transplants, cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) used in cardiac surgery, myocardial infarction (MI), and stroke. There is currently no effective therapy to prevent or reduce IRI...
- Regulation of myocardial growth and death by GSK-3Junichi Sadoshima; Fiscal Year: 2013..GSK-3b is upregulated and GSK-3a is downregulated ex vivo facilitates the recovery of the heart after myocardial infarction (MI) through stimulation of cardiomyocyte differentiation and angiogenesis...
- Antiarrhythmic Mechanisms in the Hearts of Hibernating MammalsLai Hua Xie; Fiscal Year: 2013..SCD often occurs during acute myocardial ischemia or infarction. The mechanism(s) and prevention of ischemia-induced VT/VF and SCD remain to be important topics in both basic ..
- Hybrid Katp Channel Opener and Redox Catalyst for Lung TransplantationPrakash Jagtap; Fiscal Year: 2013..In rodent models of severe redox injury, R-801 profoundly reduces organ dysfunction, tissue infarction, and parenchymal inflammation...
- ER stress: role in myocyte apoptosis and myocardial remodelingKrishna Singh; Fiscal Year: 2013..of GRP-78 and Gadd153 and activation of caspase-12 was also observed in the heart following myocardial infarction (MI). Inhibition of GSK-32 inhibited 2-AR-stimulated increases in Gadd153 levels...
- JNK exacerbates ischemia/reperfusion injury in hyperglycemic subjects.Keith A Webster; Fiscal Year: 2010The mean time to reperfusion of acute myocardial infarction patients in the USA is 3-4h...
- Conditional HSF1 Expression for Ischemic CardioprotectionIvor J Benjamin; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., myocardial infarction, cardiac arrhythmias, contractile dysfunction)...
- Targeting Cell Death to Prevent Ventricular Remodeling and Heart FailureAbhinav Diwan; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The common cellular event that defines both myocardial infarction and the progression from compensated cardiac hypertrophy to decompensated heart failure is death of cardiomyocytes...
- Role of Glutathione S-Transferase P in Heart FailureSumanth D Prabhu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our central hypothesis, therefore, is that GSTP is a critical cardioprotective protein in post-infarction HF that ameliorates remodeling and promotes cardiac repair...
- Transplacental Arsenic Induced Hepatic Dysfunction and Vascular DiseaseJ Christopher States; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. Chronic arsenic ingestion causes atherosclerosis and is associated with increased mortality from myocardial infarction and stroke...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF HUMAN COAGULATION FACTOR VThomas Ortel; Fiscal Year: 2010..complex contributes significantly to the pathogenesis of common clinical disorders such as myocardial infarction, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, and stroke...
- Transforming PCI Informed Consent into an Evidence-based Decision-making ToolJohn A Spertus; Fiscal Year: 2010..Bleeding is the most common, non-cardiac complication of PCI and is strongly associated with myocardial infarction (heart attack), stroke, increased length of stay/costs and death...
- PARP inhibitor and Redox Catalyst Conjugate for Traumatic Brain InjuryKanneganti Murthy; Fiscal Year: 2012..depleting ATP stores and provoking energetic failure, loss of cellular homeostasis, neuronal necrosis, and brain infarction. The relevance of PARP activation to TBI is not merely in the initiation of brain injury, but also figures ..
- Novel Regenerative Therapy for Myocardial InfarctionAndrew R Mendelsohn; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): A Novel Regenerative Therapy for Myocardial Infarction Myocardial infarction (MI) is an acute public health problem killing one third of the 1.5 million Americans afflicted annually...
- Effectiveness and Safety of Antithrombotic Strategies after Joint ReplacementElaine Hylek; Fiscal Year: 2013..VTE is the third leading cause of cardiovascular death after myocardial infarction and stroke...
- Development of a Porcine Model of AtherosclerosisChristopher Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2010..These plaques often rupture, causing myocardial infarction, stroke, or death. The main risk factors include elevated lipid levels, hypertension, and diabetes...
- Mechanisms of coronary microvascular dysfunction in metabolic syndromeJohnathan D Tune; Fiscal Year: 2012..cardiovascular diseases including: hypertension, stroke, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies, myocardial infarction, congestive heart failure, and sudden cardiac death...
- Deregulated lipid metabolism in strokeRobert J Dempsey; Fiscal Year: 2013..In support of our hypothesis, D609 (a) significantly reduced cerebral infarction at reperfusion days 1 and 3, (b) up-regulated p21 and p27 through ceramide accumulation, and (c) attenuated Rb ..
- Use of umbilical cord as a unique stem cell source for tissue regenerationXiao Dong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..the capability of transplanted UCB-MSCs obtained by the ECM adhesion to improve heart function after myocardial infarction (MI) using a well-established mouse model...
- Development of a Porcine Model of AtherosclerosisChristopher Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2012..These plaques often rupture, causing myocardial infarction, stroke, or death. The main risk factors include elevated lipid levels, hypertension, and diabetes...
- Mitochondrial Mechanisms of Programmed Necrosis in the Aged Female HeartAlexandra M Machikas; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Acute myocardial infarction (AMI) is the leading cause of death among aged Americans, with increased mortality in postmenopausal women compared to age-matched men...
- The Role of Circadian Periodicity in Human Cardiovascular Disease and DiabetesJohn P Forman; Fiscal Year: 2013..major hypotheses that we will investigate are: (1) lower melatonin production is associated with CVD (myocardial infarction [MI] and stroke) and T2DM;(2) common variants in circadian genes are associated with CVD and T2DM, and the ..
- Role of Oxidative Stress in Post-MI Cardiac Failure Associated with DiabetesMICHAEL FREDERICK HILL; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): Patients with Diabetes Mellitus (DM) have a higher incidence of death after myocardial infarction (MI) than do non-diabetic patients...
- microRNA mediation of Endothelial Progenitor Cell function in Myocardial IchemiaPrasanna Krishnamurthy; Fiscal Year: 2013..of miRNAs related to cell survival/death and angiogenesis with a robust increase in miR-377, 3) myocardial infarction (MI) increased miR-377 expression in the myocardium, circulating EPCs and plasma, 3d post-MI;4) pre-miR-377 ..
- Arm Exercise versus Other Stress Test Modalities for Clinical Outcome PredictionWADE HAMPTON MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..and treadmill stress tests independently predict survival or all-cause mortality, subsequent myocardial infarction (MI), or coronary revascularization alone and in combination, after adjustment for demographic, clinical, and ..
- PLD2, as a GEF or as a Lipase, is Central to Leukocyte ChemotaxisJULIAN G CAMBRONERO; Fiscal Year: 2013..If we can avoid the untimely presence of these cells in ischemia, heart failure after myocardial infarction would then be diminished.
- Surgical Revascularization's Impact on Mitochondria in Hibernating MyocardiumROSEMARY FRANCES KELLY; Fiscal Year: 2013..of hibernating myocardium results in a wide spectrum of outcomes from near total recovery of function to dense infarction. The mechanisms of hibernating myocardium to restore complete and reliable myocardial function and mitochondrial ..
- FUNCTIONAL AND TARGETING POLYMERIC GENE CARRIERSSung Wan Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..can be re-injected are the obvious choice and primary myoblasts have been the first to be used in clinical post-infarction transplantation...
- Sphingosine 1-phosphate and cardioprotectionJOEL SAMUEL KARLINER; Fiscal Year: 2012..activation of endogenous S1P production or administration of exogenous S1P was sufficient to decrease infarction and enhance contractility in mouse hearts subjected to ischemia-reperfusion...
- Impact of AMP-activated kinase on sex differences in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyJohn P Konhilas; Fiscal Year: 2013..exist in human cardiac disease resulting from many disease etoilogies including hypertension, myocardial infarction, and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)...
- Reperfusion and Neurovascular Injury in StrokePak H Chan; Fiscal Year: 2013..to metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) activation and BBB disruption that characterize neurovascular injury and cerebral infarction. We have recently discovered that signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) is a transcription ..
- Innate Immunity, Biomarkers and Myocardial InfarctionGregory L Stahl; Fiscal Year: 2010..Preliminary data using the MBL assay in patients undergoing thrombolytic therapy for myocardial infarction demonstrate significantly higher MBL levels in MI patients that have died within the first 30 days of ..
- THE ROLE OF A-BETA SPECIES IN VASCULAR SMOOTH MUSCLE CELL AND CEREBRAL ARTERIOLEGregory J Zipfel; Fiscal Year: 2013..CAA is a powerful risk factor for brain infarction and dementia, and is associated with severe CV dysfunction...
- Endothelial Progenitor Cells and Particulate Air PollutionArden Pope; Fiscal Year: 2013..factor in acute thrombotic complications of atherosclerosis such as stable and unstable angina, myocardial infarction, and ischemic stroke, it could be a key mediator of the cardiovascular toxicity associated with PM exposure...
- C. Elegans and Mitochondrial K+ ChannelsKEITH W NEHRKE; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Acute myocardial infarction is a leading cause of death throughout the world, while stroke is the third leading cause of death in the United States...
- Adjunctive Use of Apyrase to Fibrinolytic TherapyRidong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Acute myocardial infarction is the leading cause of death in most industrialized nations...
- Treatment of stroke with a clinically approved proteasome inhibitorLi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2012..inhibitor, VELCADE, an agent in clinical use for the treatment of cancer, effectively reduces cerebral infarction, and concomitantly reduces secondary thrombosis and microvascular permeability in young rats...
- Research Center for Pharmacology &Drug ToxicologyL Jackson Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2013..lead to (a) effective novel pharmacologic approaches to prevent apoptotic death in settings such as myocardial infarction and stroke and hemoprotein mediated oxidative damage in settings of subarachnoid hemorrhage and cardiopulmonary ..
- BIOENGINEERING DESIGN OF ARTIFICIAL BLOODMarcos Intaglietta; Fiscal Year: 2011..biochemical analysis, mathematical modeling, and systemic experiments in rats including the effect on myocardial infarction. Project 2 will examine PEG-Hbs' effects on the glycocalyx integrity, how PEG-Hbs'presence influences ..
- Novel Antithrombotic Diadenosine Tetraphosphate AnalogsIVAN B YANACHKOV; Fiscal Year: 2013..Arterial thrombosis and the acute ischemic events that follow, such as myocardial infarction and stroke, are among the leading causes of death, incapacitation, and rising health care costs in the developed ..
- Remodeling of the guinea pig intrinsic cardiac plexus with chronic heart diseaseELIZABETH MARIE SOUTHERLAND; Fiscal Year: 2013..the elements of the ICN adapt to chronic disease using two different animal models of heart disease: myocardial infarction (MI) and chronic pressure overload (PO)...
- S-Nitrosylated Hemoglobin and Ischemic Brain InjuryDavid Warner; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is known from humans treated with tissue plasminogen activator that ischemic tissue can be salvaged from infarction by thrombolytic CBF restoration. This improves outcome. Thus, improved CBF is a therapeutic target...
- Prolylcarboxypeptidase is a Risk Factor for Cardiovascular DiseaseAlvin H Schmaier; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of this proposal is to determine if PRCP is a risk factor for hypertension and/or myocardial infarction (MI)/stroke with and without adjustment for body type, i.e. body mass index...
- The role of the orphan receptor tyrosine kinase Ros1 in vascular diseaseZIAD ANWAR ALI; Fiscal Year: 2011..Allelic variation in ROS1 has been implicated in myocardial infarction, ischemic stroke, in-stent stenosis and hypertension...
- Biomimetic Approach to the Fabrication of Red Blood Cell MimicsJoseph M DeSimone; Fiscal Year: 2010..is a significant need for innovative oxygen delivery approaches to treat such conditions as stroke, myocardial infarction, coronary blockage, organ preservation for transplantation, and malignant disease which affect more than 4 ..
- CORONARY DISEASE MORBIDITY AND MORTALITY IN A POPULATIONVeronique L Roger; Fiscal Year: 2012..We demonstrated that the incidence of myocardial infarction (MI) remained stable over time while trends diverged by age and sex with an increase in women and the elderly...
- RISK FACTORS FOR CVD IN WOMENJOANN ELISABETH MANSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..By 2010, more than 600 cases of myocardial infarction will have been confirmed by medical record review among women in the fasting blood cohort...
- Role of Neutrophil-Platelet Interactions in Vascular Occlusive DisordersNauder Faraday; Fiscal Year: 2010..with aspirin, clopidogrel, or their combination, is currently standard of care for prevention of myocardial infarction (MI), stroke, and following percutaneous coronary intervention...
- ENHANCEMENT OF CORONARY CONSTRICTION BY COMBUSTION-SOURCE AIR TOXICSMatthew J Campen; Fiscal Year: 2012Air pollution is positively associated with an increased daily incidence of myocardial infarction and cardiovascular mortality...
- Cardioprotective Actions of Hydrogen SulfideDAVID JOSEPH LEFER; Fiscal Year: 2013..MI-R injury and provide the foundation for the development of H2S therapy for the treatment of acute myocardial infarction. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Despite numerous advances in health care, cardiovascular disease remains the number ..
- Cardiomyocyte Zinc and its Regulation of Contraction-Relaxation FunctionBradley M Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2012..and occurs frequently in conditions (such as diabetes, hypertension coronary artery disease or myocardial infarction) that lead to related cardiomyopathies or heart failure...
- Epidemiology of Retinopathy and other Complications in Long Term Type 1 DiabetesMichael Y Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2013..genes and their relationships to diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy, diabetic neuropathy, myocardial infarction, stroke, and cognitive dysfunction outcomes...
- PET Imaging of ThrombusPETER D CARAVAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thrombus is implicated in a range of pathologies, e.g. ischemic stroke, myocardial infarction, pulmonary embolism, and deep vein thrombosis...
- Impact of Cardiovascular and Weight Loss diets on Uric Acid and Gout RiskHyon K Choi; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., increased future risk of myocardial infarction and premature death)...
- Cardioprotective Signaling following Phosphodiesterase-5 InhibitionRakesh C Kukreja; Fiscal Year: 2012Project Description Acute myocardial infarction (AMI) is a major cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. Nearly 200,000 patients die yearly of AMI in the US alone...
- Angiogenic tissue engineering to limit post-infarction ventricular remodelingY Joseph Woo; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Objectives and Specific Aims Myocardial ischemia and infarction with resultant adverse ventricular remodeling and heart failure form an increasingly prevalent global health problem for which medical ..
- Immunology, Inflammation, and EndometriosisSTACEY ANN MISSMER; Fiscal Year: 2012..Women with endometriosis are at greater risk of hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, type 2 diabetes, myocardial infarction, and ischemic stroke...
- Treatment of Acute Coronary Syndromes with Recombinant LCAT InfusionBRIAN ROBERT KRAUSE; Fiscal Year: 2011..is the accumulation of cholesterol in arteries, resulting in plaque which can lead to a heart attack (myocardial infarction (MI))...
- Prevention of heart failure and death by sphingolipids: outcomes and mechanisms.JOEL KARLINER; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Project Summary/Abstract Myocardial infarction and resulting congestive heart failure remain the number one cause of mortality in the United States and affect the aging veteran population particularly...
- Constrictor / Mitogen Induced Remodeling of Cerebral ArteriolesJAY HUMPHREY; Fiscal Year: 2009..of a major cerebral artery, and thereby a reduction of distal blood flow that results in cerebral ischemia or infarction. Despite advances in neuroradiology and neurosurgery, cerebral vasospasm remains the leading cause of morbidity ..
- NF-kB Inhibition of Lung Ischemia Repurfusion InjuryPatrick Flood; Fiscal Year: 2009..Ischemia-reperfusion injury (IRI) is a major problem in many clinical scenarios, including myocardial infarction and stroke...
- Mannose binding lectin and outcomes following CABGGREGORY L contact STAHL; Fiscal Year: 2010Coronary vascular disease can lead to myocardial infarction. While increased standards of care have greatly improved morbidity and mortality following infarction, it is now widely accepted that ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury occurs ..
- CORONARY STENOSIS, VASOMOTION AND THROMBUS FORMATIONWILLIAM SANTAMORE; Fiscal Year: 1990..generated renewed interest that vasomotion might be involved in the etiology of angina pectoris and myocardial infarction. At the same time, post myocardial infarction thrombolytic therapy has proven to be very successful: a result ..
- Prevention of ischemia reperfusion injury associated with acute myocardial infarcCraig Sherman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studies in animal models of acute myocardial infarction suggest that lethal ischemia-reperfusion injury can account for approximately 50% of the final size of a ..
- Development of an In Vivo Stem Cell Tracking Method Using Ultrasound ImagingFlordeliza S Villanueva; Fiscal Year: 2010..Congestive heart failure resulting from myocardial infarction and subsequent adverse left ventricular remodeling is a major cause of morbidity, mortality and health care ..
- DEVELOPING CELLULAR CARDIOMYOPLASTY FOR INJURED HEARTDORIS TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2001..or repair itself, the end result of ischemic heart disease (IHD) is often progression of acute myocardial infarction (AMI) to congestive heart failure (CHF) resulting in the death of over 41,000 persons annually...
- Transfusion Trigger Trial in Coronary Artery Disease: A Pilot StudyJEFFREY LEE CARSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..trial in 200 patients age 18 or older admitted to the hospital with 1) STEMI (ST segment elevated myocardial infarction), 2) NSTEMI (Non ST segment elevation myocardial infarction), 3) unstable angina, or 4) stable coronary artery ..
- Differential 02 Sensing in Right and Left hearts: Crosstalk with Ca-SignalingShahrzad Movafagh; Fiscal Year: 2009Acute oxygen deprivation leads to an array of events in the myocardium that include ischemic infarction, arrhythmia, cardiomyopathy, and heart failure...
- Bone Marrow Angioblasts for Myocardial VasculogenesisSilviu Itescu; Fiscal Year: 2006..a major public health problem, and is frequently the result of left ventricular remodeling after myocardial infarction. We have recently shown that human adult bone marrow contains endothelial progenitors with phenotypic and ..
- MITOCHONDRIA INCREASE OXIDATIVE INJURY IN AGING HEARTEDWARD LESNEFSKY JR; Fiscal Year: 1999Elderly patients have a markedly increased morbidity and mortality following acute myocardial infarction. Despite successful thrombolysis at 90 minutes, patients older than age 75 with acute infarction in the Global Utilization of t-PA ..
- VASCULAR INTERACTION WITH AGE IN MYOCARDIAL INFARCTIONSteven Schulman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Older age is associated with a marked increase in cardiac morbidity and mortality following a myocardial infarction regardless of the administration of thrombolytic therapy, an early invasive approach, and the use of aspirin, ..
- SCCOR in Cardiac Dysfunction and DiseaseDaniel Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2009..ventricular remodeling in patients with diabetes mellitus following coronary ischemia/reperfusion or myocardial infarction using innovative metabolic imaging approaches (Project 3);investigate the basis of racial disparities, lipid ..
- SURGERY FOR ACUTE MYOCARDIAL INFARCTIONL Edmunds; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract) The rationale for this proposal is that the size, transmurality and location of a myocardial infarction, the material properties of the healing infarct and the continued stimulation of the renin-angiotensin-..
- Race and cardiac catheterization use in the setting of acute myocardial infarctioSaif Rathore; Fiscal Year: 2009..it is unclear whether racial variations in treatment, specifically cardiac catheterization postmyocardial infarction, reflect overtreatment of white patients, under-treatment of black patients, or a combination of processes...
- Cord Blood: Treatment for Acute Myocardial InfarctionWilliam Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2005..is required; and in order to move this therapy into human clinical trials for the treatment of myocardial infarction and prevention of congestive heart failure which affects over 5 million patients in the U.S...
- ETHANOL EFFECTS ON ISCHEMIC MYOCARDIUMPAUL PAGEL; Fiscal Year: 2000..actions of chronic, modest ethanol exposure in canine models of ischemia and reperfusion injury and myocardial infarction. This and other laboratories have previously demonstrated that K-ATP channel activation reduces the extent of ..