Genomes and Genes
mesenteric vascular occlusion
Summary: Obstruction of the flow in the SPLANCHNIC CIRCULATION by ATHEROSCLEROSIS; EMBOLISM; THROMBOSIS; STENOSIS; TRAUMA; and compression or intrinsic pressure from adjacent tumors. Rare causes are drugs, intestinal parasites, and vascular immunoinflammatory diseases such as PERIARTERITIS NODOSA and THROMBOANGIITIS OBLITERANS. (From Juergens et al., Peripheral Vascular Diseases, 5th ed, pp295-6)
- Oldenburg W, Lau L, Rodenberg T, Edmonds H, Burger C. Acute mesenteric ischemia: a clinical review. Arch Intern Med. 2004;164:1054-62 pubmed..Early diagnosis and prompt effective treatment are essential to improve the clinical outcome. ..
- Fairbanks T, Kanard R, Del Moral P, Sala F, De Langhe S, Lopez C, et al. Colonic atresia without mesenteric vascular occlusion. The role of the fibroblast growth factor 10 signaling pathway. J Pediatr Surg. 2005;40:390-6 pubmed..Thus the atresia is not the result of a mesenteric vascular occlusion. The patent colonic mesentery of the Fgf10(-/-) and Fgfr2b(-/-) mutants challenges an accepted ..
- Casella I, Bosch M, Sousa W. Isolated spontaneous dissection of the superior mesenteric artery treated by percutaneous stent placement: case report. J Vasc Surg. 2008;47:197-200 pubmed publisher..We present a case of abdominal pain due to superior mesenteric artery spontaneous isolated dissection treated with stent placement and with a favorable 31-month follow-up period...
- Cenedese A, Monneuse O, Gruner L, Tissot E, Mennesson N, Barth X. Initial management of extensive mesenteric venous thrombosis: retrospective study of nine cases. World J Surg. 2009;33:2203-8 pubmed publisher..This strategy delays surgery and therefore avoids short bowel syndrome. ..
- Safieddine N, Mamazza J, Common A, Prabhudesai V. Splenic and superior mesenteric artery thrombolytic infusion therapy for acute portal and mesenteric vein thrombosis. Can J Surg. 2007;50:68-9 pubmed
- Ferro C, Rossi U, Bovio G, Dahamane M, Centanaro M. Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt, mechanical aspiration thrombectomy, and direct thrombolysis in the treatment of acute portal and superior mesenteric vein thrombosis. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2007;30:1070-4 pubmed..TIPS, mechanical aspiration thrombectomy, and direct thrombolysis together are promising endovascular techniques for the treatment of symptomatic acute PSMVT. ..
- Morasch M, Ebaugh J, Chiou A, Matsumura J, Pearce W, Yao J. Mesenteric venous thrombosis: a changing clinical entity. J Vasc Surg. 2001;34:680-4 pubmed
- Lopera J, Correa G, Brazzini A, Ustunsoz B, Patel S, Janchai A, et al. Percutaneous transhepatic treatment of symptomatic mesenteric venous thrombosis. J Vasc Surg. 2002;36:1058-61 pubmed..Percutaneous thrombolysis of portal and mesenteric veins with a transhepatic approach, followed by coil embolization, is a promising endovascular technique for treatment of symptomatic acute mesenteric venous thrombosis. ..
- Katada K, Bihari A, Mizuguchi S, Yoshida N, Yoshikawa T, Fraser D, et al. Carbon monoxide liberated from CO-releasing molecule (CORM-2) attenuates ischemia/reperfusion (I/R)-induced inflammation in the small intestine. Inflammation. 2010;33:92-100 pubmed publisher..Taken together these findings indicate that CORM-2-released CO confers anti-inflammatory effects by interfering with NF-kappaB activation and subsequent up-regulation of vascular pro-adhesive phenotype in I/R-challenged small intestine. ..
- Uchida K, Mishima S, Ohta S, Yukioka T. Inhibition of inducible nitric oxide synthase ameliorates lung injury in rats after gut ischemia-reperfusion. J Trauma. 2007;63:603-7 pubmed..Increased lung vascular permeability elicited by gut I/R was significantly attenuated with inhibition of an inducible NO release by AG. Control of bacterial translocation was not needed to prevent lung injury in this model. ..
- Rodriguez R, Porto S, Dos Santos Ferrari R, Marcolan A, da Silva A, Graeff Teixeira C, et al. Outcomes in mice with abdominal angiostrongyliasis treated with enoxaparin. Parasitol Res. 2011;109:787-92 pubmed publisher..The lower prevalence of mesenteric thrombosis and bowel infarction regardless of treatment were notorious. Frequent septic complications suggest the need of studies addressing the effect of antibiotics in AA. ..
- Serck L, Cogbill T. Aortic, celiac axis, and superior mesenteric artery thrombosis associated with sigmoid colon adenocarcinoma and hypercoagulable state. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2009;43:284-5 pubmed publisher..Attempts to clear thrombus from branches of the celiac axis and superior mesenteric artery by open and catheter-based techniques were of limited success. Extensive visceral infarction ensued and the patient died...
- Schermerhorn M, Giles K, Hamdan A, Wyers M, Pomposelli F. Mesenteric revascularization: management and outcomes in the United States, 1988-2006. J Vasc Surg. 2009;50:341-348.e1 pubmed publisher..However, PTA/S may be useful in selected patients with AMI and appropriate anatomy. Further data with greater detail regarding symptomatology and anatomy will clarify appropriate patient selection. ..
- Wilson M, Menjivar E, Kalapatapu V, Hand A, Garber J, Ruiz M. Mycoplasma pneumoniae associated with hemolytic anemia, cold agglutinins, and recurrent arterial thrombosis. South Med J. 2007;100:215-7 pubmed
- Yang S, Zhang L, Liu K, Fan X, Ding W, He C, et al. Postoperative Catheter-Directed Thrombolysis Versus Systemic Anticoagulation for Acute Superior Mesenteric Venous Thrombosis. Ann Vasc Surg. 2016;35:88-97 pubmed publisher..For ASMVT patients receiving emergent surgery and intraoperative thrombectomy, the algorithm with postoperative CDT via SMA is associated with more favorable clinical outcome compared with systemic anticoagulation. ..
- Christ M, von Auenmueller K, Noelke J, Sasko B, Amirie S, Trappe H. Early computed tomography in victims of non-traumatic out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Intern Emerg Med. 2016;11:237-43 pubmed publisher..2Â %), pneumoperitoneum in one (0.4Â %), acute cholecystitis in two (0.8Â %), mesenteric vascular occlusion in one (0.4Â %) and ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm in one (0.4Â %)...