Genomes and Genes
equipment and supplies
Summary: Expendable and nonexpendable equipment, supplies, apparatus, and instruments that are used in diagnostic, surgical, therapeutic, scientific, and experimental procedures.
Publications297 found, 100 shown here
- Medical devices: promoting a safe migration into the homeMary D Weick-Brady
Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Food and Drug Administration, 1350 Piccard Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Home Healthc Nurse 24:298-304; quiz 305-6. 2006..The FDA must develop a partnership with home healthcare providers in areas of patient education, monitoring device adverse events that occur in the home environment, and communicating problems to the manufacturer...
- Insights from the conduct of a device trial in older persons: low magnitude mechanical stimulation for musculoskeletal healthDouglas P Kiel
Institute for Aging Research, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Trials 7:354-67. 2010..Alternatives to pharmacologic treatment are needed for older adults. Nonpharmacologic treatment with low magnitude, high frequency mechanical stimulation has been shown to prevent bone loss in animal and human studies...
- Clinical use of medical devices in the 'Bermuda Triangle'Larry Kessler
Office of Science and Technology, U S Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 23:200-7. 2004..We suggest new policy and pragmatic strategies that can close the gaps and move decision making relevant to technology forward more rapidly than is now the case...
- Nanostructured selenium for preventing biofilm formation on polycarbonate medical devicesQi Wang
Department of Chemistry, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 100:3205-10. 2012..2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Biomed Mater Res Part A: 100A: 3205-3210, 2012...
- Medical device development: from prototype to regulatory approvalAaron V Kaplan
Section of Cardiology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, One Medical Center Dr, Lebanon, NH 03756 0001, USA
Circulation 109:3068-72. 2004
- Satisfaction, motivation, and intent to stay among Ugandan physicians: a survey from 18 national hospitalsSam Luboga
School of Medicine, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
Int J Health Plann Manage 26:2-17. 2011..We report what could entice physicians to stay longer, satisfaction with current positions, and future career intentions...
- Clinical evaluation of cardiovascular devices: principles, problems, and proposals for European regulatory reform. Report of a policy conference of the European Society of CardiologyAlan G Fraser
Department of European Affairs, European Society of Cardiology, The European Heart House, 2035 Route des Colles Les Templiers, Sophia Antipolis, France
Eur Heart J 32:1673-86. 2011..Finally, it presents the main recommendations from a Policy Conference on the Clinical Evaluation of Cardiovascular Devices that was held at the European Heart House in January 2011...
- Barriers and facilitators to provide effective pre-hospital trauma care for road traffic injury victims in Iran: a grounded theory approachHassan Haghparast-Bidgoli
Division of Global Health, Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Emerg Med 10:20. 2010..The current study aimed to explore pre-hospital trauma care process for RTI victims in Iran and to identify potential areas for improvements based on the experience and perception of pre-hospital trauma care professionals...
- Prevention and control of biofilm-based medical-device-related infectionsIolanda Francolini
Department of Chemistry, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 59:227-38. 2010....
- Integrating health economics modeling in the product development cycle of medical devices: a Bayesian approachLaura Vallejo-Torres
Health Economics Research Group, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UK
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 24:459-64. 2008....
- Bacterial pathogens in ambulances: results of unannounced sample collectionDonald W Alves
Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Special Operations, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 12:218-24. 2008..Additionally, the nature of emergency medical services creates pressures on prehospital care providers...
- Medical device regulation: an introduction for the practicing physicianWilliam H Maisel
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Ann Intern Med 140:296-302. 2004..Physicians should understand the rules that govern the approved and unapproved use of medical devices as well as device premarket evaluation and approval processes and device postmarket surveillance...
- Use of di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate-containing medical products and urinary levels of mono(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate in neonatal intensive care unit infantsRonald Green
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Environ Health Perspect 113:1222-5. 2005..Among neonates in NICUs, we studied exposure to DEHP-containing medical devices in relation to urinary levels of mono(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (MEHP), a metabolite of DEHP...
- Candida infections of medical devicesErna M Kojic
Medical Service, Infectious Disease Section, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 17:255-67. 2004..The medical and economic impact of these infections is enormous...
- Experience with post-market surveillance of in-vitro diagnostic medical devices for lay use in GermanyRüdiger Siekmeier
Bundesinstitut für Arzneimittel und Medizinprodukte BfArM, Bonn, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:396-401. 2007..In Germany, the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices (BfArM) is responsible for most IVDs, with a small subset of IVDs being within the responsibility of the Paul-Ehrlich-Institute (PEI)...
- Premarket clinical evaluation of novel cardiovascular devices: quality analysis of premarket clinical studies submitted to the Food and Drug Administration 2000-2007Daniel B Kramer
Cardiovascular Institute, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Ther 17:2-7. 2010..Manufacturers, regulators, and the clinical community should collaborate to address these study shortcomings to ensure that patients are treated with reliable, safe, and clinically useful medical devices...
- Hubble-bubble (water pipe) smoking: levels of nicotine and cotinine in plasma, saliva and urineY A Shafagoj
Department of Physiology and Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Jordan, Amman
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 40:249-55. 2002..The purpose of the present study was to assess the levels of nicotine and cotinine in biological fluids (plasma, saliva, and urine) following hubble-bubble (HB) smoking...
- [Safety of high risk in vitro diagnostic medical devices : international and national measures]J Halbauer
Paul Ehrlich Institut, Referat Pharmakovigilanz II, Paul Ehrlich Strasse 51 59, 63225, Langen, Deutschland
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 52:610-8. 2009..However, the current system can be further optimized...
- Ensuring safe and effective medical devicesDavid W Feigal
Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD, USA
N Engl J Med 348:191-2. 2003
- An outline for public registration of clinical trials evaluating medical devicesRichard L Popp
Cardiovascular Medicine Section, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:1518-21. 2006..This consensus document arising from the proceedings of the 3D2 is offered to provide background to these issues and recommend pathways to implementation of device trial registration...
- Why Medicare cannot promulgate a national coverage rule: a case of regula mortisSusan Bartlett Foote
Division of Health Services Research and Policy, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, USA
J Health Polit Policy Law 27:707-30. 2002..Medicare efforts provide a starting point for the policy discussion. In our current political environment, regula mortis may be an increasingly common phenomenon and the proposed cures for it broadly applicable...
- Assessing the biological efficacy and rate of recontamination following hydrogen peroxide vapour decontaminationJ A Otter
BIOQUELL UK Ltd, Andover, Hampshire, UK
J Hosp Infect 67:182-8. 2007..This finding has important implications for the optimal deployment of HPV decontamination in hospitals...
- Educating health professionals about drug and device promotion: advocates' recommendationsPeter R Mansfield
Healthy Skepticism Inc, Willunga, Australia
PLoS Med 3:e451. 2006
- Medical device recalls from 2004 to 2006: a focus on Class I recallsMarta L Villarraga
Exponent, Inc, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Food Drug Law J 62:581-92. 2007
- Mass medical evacuation: Hurricane Katrina and nursing experiences at the New Orleans airportKelly R Klein
Section of EMS Homeland Security and Disaster Medicine, Department of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Disaster Manag Response 5:56-61. 2007..S. history. As the frequency of disasters continues to rise, it is imperative that the nursing profession realize its value in the disaster arena and continually take leadership roles...
- Myths and realities in medical packagingR Pilchik
Techmark Group, Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA
Med Device Technol 14:16-7. 2003..This round-up of packaging myths provides a reality check on the real world of packaging medical products. Table I shows medical device FDA-assisted recalls due to packaging failures...
- Design controlsGrace Bartoo
IEEE Eng Med Biol Mag 22:112-4. 2003
- When to conduct a clinical trialJ P Boutrand
Biomatech SAS, a Namsa Company, Chasse sur Rhone, France
Med Device Technol 15:28-31. 2004..Clinical evidence can also be based on systematic and objective literature review. This article highlights when to use the clinical or the literature route to demonstrate the safety and performance of a medical device...
- FDA works to reduce preventable medical device injuriesCarol Rados
FDA Consum 37:29-33. 2003
- The impact of FDA reformJanet Trunzo
AdvaMed, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Med Device Technol 14:36-7. 2003..The changes introduced by the Medical Device User Fee and Modernisation Act should ensure a timely and effective review process. The impact of some of the reforms is discussed here...
- The impact of the revised electromagnetic compatibility standardDidier Bozec
EMC Test Centre, York EMC Services Ltd, Dunfermline, UK
Med Device Technol 15:33-4, 36. 2004..The new version of EN 60601-1-2, which becomes mandatory from 1 November 2004, could affect the design of some products. This article summarises the new EMC requirements and provides design tips on how to meet them...
- Could that plastic device harm your patient?Laura A Alonge
Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Food and Drug Administration, NIH DHHS, Rockville, MD, USA
Nursing 33:70. 2003
- Medical device epidemiology and surveillance: patient safety is the bottom lineS Lori Brown
Expert Rev Med Devices 1:1-2. 2004
- Is the warning effective? Clinical alarms remain an area for patient safety improvementTobey Clark
Biomed Instrum Technol 39:357-8. 2005
- Risk managementGrace Bartoo
IEEE Eng Med Biol Mag 22:166-70, 172. 2003..One way to organize this documentation is to have a risk management file that includes or references each of these documents...
- How to kick-start your CAPA processKen Peterson
PathWise Inc, USA
Biomed Instrum Technol 39:55-9. 2005
- The critical path to medical innovationDavid Williams
University of Liverpool, UK
Med Device Technol 15:8-10. 2004..A recent FDA report proposes some solutions to this problem...
- Guidance on submitting quality system informationMaria E Donawa
Donawa and Associates Ltd, Via Fonte di Fauno 22, I 00153 Rome, Italy
Med Device Technol 15:24-7. 2004..The final guidance replaces previous draft guidance. This article discusses the final guidance document...
- US and European postmarket clinical data requirementsMaria Donawa
Donawa Consulting, Rome, Italy
Med Device Technol 16:19-21. 2005..This article discusses the two systems, which are similar, but also different in important aspects...
- US importer and distributor requirementsMaria Donawa
Med Device Technol 16:25-7. 2005..This article discusses the requirements and actions that nonUS manufacturers should take to ensure these requirements are met...
- What the code of federal regulations means to youArthur Yellin
Division of Small Manufacturers, International and Consumer Assistance, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Food and Drug Administration, USA
Biomed Instrum Technol 39:285-7. 2005
- Medical device regulation for manufacturersP McAllister
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 217:459-67. 2003..This paper discusses the requirements that must be met by manufacturers when designing and manufacturing medical devices...
- FDA pilot programme in support of global harmonisationMaria E Donawa
Donawa and Associates Ltd, Via Fonte di Fauno 22, I 00153 Rome, Italy
Med Device Technol 14:32-4. 2003..This article discusses the programme and why European manufacturers should consider participating...
- The Food and Drug Administration should regulate medical devices--not hospitalsNathan L Belkin
Am J Infect Control 31:499-501. 2003
- What does it take? A case study of radical change toward patient safetyKim J Vicente
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jt Comm J Qual Saf 29:598-609. 2003..A medical device manufacturer appeared to initiate this radical shift after exhibiting the traditional approach for years...
- Devices and the food and drug administrationSteven J Phillips
Artif Organs 29:363-5. 2005
- Successful recruitment for medical device clinical studiesMaria Donawa
Donawa and Associates Ltd, Rome, Italy
Med Device Technol 15:25-7. 2004..This article discusses the importance of devising an effective subject recruitment strategy so that clinical and regulatory requirements can be met...
- Managing changes during a clinical investigation, Part IMaria Donawa
Donawa and Associates Ltd, Via Fonte di Fauno 22, I 00153 Rome, Italy
Med Device Technol 14:31-3. 2003..Part II will discuss European requirements and the need for developing a standard operating procedure to help ensure consistent compliance...
- Beyond the US submisson processMaria Donawa
Donawa and Associates Ltd, Rome, Italy
Med Device Technol 15:30-2. 2004..This article discusses ways that companies can prevent this from happening...
- U.S. FDA rules for device investigationsRobert Munzner
IEEE Eng Med Biol Mag 22:95-6. 2003
- Better health care with quality medical devices: FDA on the cutting edge of device technologySuzanne Rich
Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Office of Surveillance and Biometrics, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Int J Trauma Nurs 8:89-90. 2002
- [Exploration on the regulation mode of medical device quality and safety on a life-circle basis]Hong Liu Yu
University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, Shanghai 200093
Zhongguo Yi Liao Qi Xie Za Zhi 30:120-2, 133. 2006..Then, the regulation mode for application quality and safety of medical devices in a life-circle regulation system is explored...
- [Importance of the Therapeutic Products Act for the ENT practitioner]R Kaiser
Landesärztekammer Hessen, Frankfurt
HNO 51:513-24; quiz 525-6. 2003..To avoid possible risks involved in the application of therapeutic products, a well-functioning system of registration is required, controlled by the Regulations on Therapeutic Products Safety...
- Clearly defined design input is key to product developmentTammy M Pelnik
The St Vrain Group, Inc
Biomed Instrum Technol 40:55-9. 2006....
- Old customs, ancient lore: the development of custom device law through neglectRobert J Klepinski
Fredrickson and Byron, P A, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Food Drug Law J 61:237-49. 2006
- Strategic planning for U.S. premarket approval submissionsMaria Donawa
Donawa Consulting srl, Rome, Italy
Med Device Technol 17:21-3. 2006..This article discusses the importance of strategic planning for submission of a PMA and the issues that should be considered, which can lead to a reduction in the time and cost involved...
- How human factors lead to medical device adverse eventsSuzanne Rich
Office of Surveillance and Biometrics, Center for Devices and Radiological Health at the Food and Drug Administration in Rockville, MD, USA
Nursing 38:62-3. 2008
- The importance and benefits of effective medical device complaint handlingAnnette M Hillring
Hillring and Associates, Inc, USA
Biomed Instrum Technol 39:225-8. 2005
- Who is responsible for evaluating the safety and effectiveness of medical devices? The role of independent technology assessmentMitchell D Feldman
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0320, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:57-63. 2008..Although thousands of drugs obtain approval only after review in randomized controlled trials, relatively few new medical devices are subject to comparable scrutiny...
- Critical assessment of new devicesCarole Hamilton
University Clinic of Tubingen, Germany
Perfusion 22:167-71. 2007..Finally, a factor for success in critical testing of new devices is not what is technically possible, but rather making a concrete contribution to improving medical problems...
- A medical device regulatory framework - case study: South AfricaMladen A Poluta
Healthcare Technology Management at University of Cape Town, South Africa
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:5675-8. 2006..It is hoped that this compact model, which covers a wide range of HTM-related aspects, will be useful to governments and their partners, amongst other role-players...
- Who should protect the public? The Supreme Court and medical device regulationRussell Korobkin
UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, USA
N Engl J Med 357:1680-1. 2007
- Economic implications of potential changes to regulatory and reimbursement policies for medical devicesShelby D Reed
Center for Clinical and Genetic Economics, Duke Clinical Research Institute, PO Box 17969, Durham, NC 27715, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:50-6. 2008..To evaluate the impact of regulatory scenarios on the financial viability of medical device companies...
- Clinical research and the development of new devices: considerations for nursesJennifer Lanter
Access and Revenue Cycle Department, Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH 43218 3102, USA
Dimens Crit Care Nurs 26:117-20. 2007..The purpose of this article is to discuss the Food and Drug Administration's regulatory approval process for significant risk investigational devices...
- Is that product safe? How to guarantee the integrity of medical supplies and tell staff about recallsLee Ann Runy
Hosp Health Netw 81:6 p following 46, 2. 2007..And it pays special attention to the ways hospitals can disseminate recall notices out to all affected staff as quickly and thoroughly as possible...
- Ready, aim, fire! New IO device simplifies vascular access in severe casesJeff Lindsey
Estero Fla Fire Rescue, USA
JEMS 28:97-8. 2003
- Risk management in the design of medical device software systemsPaul L Jones
Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Food and Drug Administration, 12720 Twinbrook Parkway HFZ 141, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Biomed Instrum Technol 36:237-66. 2002..It may serve as a guide to those new to the concepts of risk management and as an aide-memoire for medical device system/software engineers who are more familiar with the topic...
- Human factors engineering: the next challengeDenys Durand-Viel
French Medical Operations, TUV Product Service, Paris, France
Med Device Technol 15:20-2. 2004....
- Mistake proofing and redundancy in machine validationNoel Blake
Doyen Medipharm Ltd, Barton, UK
Med Device Technol 14:42-5. 2003..They are the only way of eliminating the transient fault and aberration in performance that has arisen from the complexity of modern machine design...
- [The dependability and safety of biomaterials and medical devices]Qing Li
School of Chemistry and Chemistry Engineering, Southwest China Normal University, Chongqing
Zhongguo Yi Liao Qi Xie Za Zhi 29:46-9. 2005..This article describes emphatically the dependability, safety and their guarantee measures for biomaterials and medical devices...
- Medical packaging: towards global harmonyRon Pilchik
The Techmark Group, Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08003, USA
Med Device Technol 15:16-8. 2004..Just a few more operational steps are required for completion. The shape of the future as well as current and future test methods are outlined...
- The impact of usability on patient safetyTorsten Gruchmrnann
Use Lab GmbH, Germany
Biomed Instrum Technol 39:462-5. 2005
- Organising European technical documentation to avoid duplicationMaria Donawa
Donawa Consulting, Rome, Italy
Med Device Technol 17:29-31. 2006..This article discusses guidance documents and method of organising technical documentation that may help avoid costly and time-consuming duplication...
- The orphan drug backlashThomas Maeder
Sci Am 288:80-7. 2003
- Analyzing planned maintenance (PM) inspection data by failure mode and effect analysis methodologyMalcolm Ridgway
Biomed Instrum Technol 37:167-79. 2003..This kind of positive response should enable us to persuade the various accrediting and licensing agencies to similarly accept the concept...
- Hospitals face higher telemetry EMI risks in 2006Eileen Putman
Biomed Instrum Technol 40:22-8. 2006
- Lessons learned from... Interference to wireless medical telemetry service systemsRick Hampton
Partners HealthCare Systems, Charlestown, MA, USA
Biomed Instrum Technol . 2006
- Tracking medical devices to ensure patient safetySuzanne C Beyea
AORN J 77:192-4. 2003..Maintain patient safety by ensuring that the medical device tracking process is followed accurately and meets federal regulations...
- Medical device oversight under scrutinyMike Mitka
JAMA 295:1109-10. 2006
- IVD authorized representativesMaria E Donawa
Med Device Technol 14:19-21. 2003..This article discusses the responsibilities of Authorized Representatives under the IVD Directive and some of the important differences of the role as it is defined in the Medical Device Directive...
- The challenge to global acceptance of Part 3 of ISO 10993J Carraway
NAMSA, Northwood, Ohio 43619, USA
Med Device Technol 17:16-8. 2006..The differences in these testing requirements in Europe, the United States and Japan are explained together with guidance on when to test and efficient strategies to adopt when marketing products in these regions...
- Microbial agents associated with waterborne diseasesH Leclerc
Faculte de Medecine de Lille, and Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
Crit Rev Microbiol 28:371-409. 2002....
- Risk factors for improper vaccine storage and handling in private provider officesK N Bell
Women s and Children s Center, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 107:E100. 2001....
- Reducing a peritoneal dialysis program's cost by changing from a vendor-provided to a program-provided system for general medical supplies: significant savings in CCPDJ L Holley
Nephrology Unit, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 31:662-5. 1998..Significant savings in the cost of a chronic peritoneal dialysis program may therefore occur if less expensive sources for the general medical supplies used by CAPD and, especially, CCPD patients are found...
- Phosphorus-calcium carbonate saturation relationships in a lowland chalk river impacted by sewage inputs and phosphorus remediation: an assessment of phosphorus self-cleansing mechanisms in natural watersColin Neal
Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Wallingford, Oxon, UK
Sci Total Environ 282:295-310. 2002....
- [Heart arrest]F Chiarella
Divisione di Cardiologia, E O Ospedali Galliera, Genova
Ital Heart J Suppl 2:235-52. 2001....
- Do children receiving Supplemental Security Income who are enrolled in Medicaid fare better under a fee-for-service or comprehensive capitation model?Jean M Mitchell
Georgetown Public Policy Institute, Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia 20007, USA
Pediatrics 114:196-204. 2004..Little research has examined how children with SHCN who qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) fare under managed care versus the fee-for-service (FFS) system...
- Endosulfan in China 1-gridded usage inventoriesHongliang Jia
International Joint Research Center for Persistent Toxic Substances, Dalian Maritime University, 1 Linghai Road, Dalian, 116026, People s Republic of China
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 16:295-301. 2009..Based on these usage inventories, emission and residue inventories will be created, which is the goal of the second part of the work...
- Trihalomethane formation during water disinfection in four water supplies in the Somes river basin in RomaniaDumitru Ristoiu
Faculty of Environmental Science, University Babes Bolyai Cluj Napoca, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 16:S55-65. 2009..Laboratory kinetic studies were also performed to investigate whether there is a relationship between raw water dissolved organic matter, residual chlorine, water temperature and THM formation...
- Preparing a business justification for going electronicA Orlando Ortiz
Radiology Department, Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, New York, USA
Radiol Manage 24:14-21. 2002..It is therefore prudent to monitor the process, make appropriate revisions when necessary and address contingencies as they arise...
- Policy versus practice: comparison of prescribing therapy and durable medical equipment in medical and educational settingsRaphael C Sneed
Children s Rehabilitation Services, Department of Pediatrics, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 North State St, Jackson, MS 39216 4505, USA
Pediatrics 114:e612-25. 2004..Through this survey, we attempted to quantify objectively how pediatricians direct and coordinate therapy and DME for CSHCN and how these efforts correlate with AAP recommendations...
- Physicians' reliance on specialists, therapists, and vendors when prescribing therapies and durable medical equipment for children with special health care needsR C Sneed
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Rehabilitation Center, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216 4505, USA
Pediatrics 107:1283-90. 2001..We offer some recommendations that may help to address this problem...
- European survey on decontamination in mass casualty incidentsBernd D Domres
German Institute for Disaster Medicine and Emergency Medicine, Tubingen, Germany
Am J Disaster Med 4:147-52. 2009..The goal of this study is to assess the European status in the case of mass casualties regarding legislation, responsibilities of ministries and organizations, education and training, material and equipment, and bottlenecks...
- Evidence-based decision on medical technologies in Asia Pacific: experiences from India, Malaysia, Philippines, and PakistanUrmila Thatte
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India
Value Health 12:S18-25. 2009....
- Texas passes first law for safe patient handling in America: landmark legislation protects health-care workers and patients from injury related to manual patient liftingMary Anne Hudson
Coos County Public Health Department, North Bend, Oregon 97420, USA
J Long Term Eff Med Implants 15:559-66. 2005..Rapid enactment of a federal mandate for Safe Patient Handling No Manual Lift is essential and anticipated...
- Nitrate in public water supplies and the risk of colon and rectum cancersAnneclaire J De Roos
Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD, USA
Epidemiology 14:640-9. 2003..N-nitroso compound formation is inhibited by certain nutrients, such as vitamin C, and increased by meat intake...
- Analysis of costs associated with administration of intravenous single-drug therapies in metastatic breast cancer in a U.S. populationGregory B Kruse
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 3641 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 14:844-57. 2008..A systematic study of the costs of IV administration in the metastatic breast cancer (MBC) population has not been performed...
- Radiation oncology in Australia: workforce, workloads and equipment 1986-1999D R Wigg
Radiation Oncology Workforce Committee, Faculty of Radiation Oncology, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Australas Radiol 45:146-69. 2001..Otherwise at least one in every 10 newly diagnosed cancer patients will continue to be denied adequate and equitable access to radiotherapy - in 1999 that total figure was 9400 persons...
- If we prescribe it, will it come? Access to asthma equipment for Medicaid-insured children and adults in the Bronx, NYKaren L Warman
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1621 Eastchester Rd, Bronx, NY 10461
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:673-7. 2002..Clinical experience in an inner-city practice suggests that families encounter difficulties in filling prescriptions for spacers/holding chambers, peak flow (PF) meters, and nebulizer machines...
- Prevention of disabling back injuries in nurses by the use of mechanical patient lift systemsRichard F Edlich
University of Virginia Health System, USA
J Long Term Eff Med Implants 14:521-33. 2004..This type of intervention assumes that lifting is a specialized skill to be performed only by expert professional patient movers who have been thoroughly trained in the latest lifting device techniques...
- Videolaparoscopic cholecystectomy. Analysis of the clinical and functional aspects of mechanical lifting of the abdominal wallM A Santo
Videolaparoscopic Surgery Unit of the Digestive Tract Surgery Discipline at São Paulo University Medical School, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Gastroenterol 38:32-9. 2001....
- Genetic variation and regulatory networks: Mechanisms and complexityDANA PE ER; Fiscal Year: 2009..These tools will be made publicly available, including a friendly graphical user interface and visualization. ..
- Variation in M. tuberculosis in response to host selectionSarah Fortune; Fiscal Year: 2009..In these studies, we expect to provide fundamental insights into the mechanisms and targets of diversifying immune selection in M. tuberculosis. ..
- High Throughput Genotyping and DNA Sequencing for Studying the Genetic ContributiSonia Dua; Fiscal Year: 2013..The contractor is responsible for providing staff with the credentials required by CLIA. ..
- SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR THE NTP INTERAGENCY CENTER/VALIDATION OF ALT METHODSDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2012..The Panel recommended that studies should be conducted to further characterize the in vitro test methods and that testing strategies should be designed in coordination with ICCVAM. ..
- SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR THE NTP INTERAGENCY CENTER/VALIDATION OF ALT METHODSDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2011..The Panel recommended that studies should be conducted to further characterize the in vitro test methods and that testing strategies should be designed in coordination with ICCVAM. ..
- Xenoestrogen regulation of Leydig cellsBENSON TOKUNBO AKINGBEMI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Research training to be afforded by the present application to professional veterinary students will contribute to efforts geared to preparing future veterinarians to meet these challenges. ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 2 DENNIS PATTRATH; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 2 Javier Crespo; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 3Ruth Holst; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 3Ruth Holst; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Periodontal Biomaterials with BITE (Biofilm Immunity via T-cell Enhancement)James D Bryers; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our goal is to develop tissue regenerative biomaterials that will also provide a short-term defense and life long immune response to specific bacterial infections ..
- Brain Activation responses in adolescents with genetic predisposition to obesitySusan Carnell; Fiscal Year: 2011..The results may lead to new drugs and interventions to improve eating behavior, and help establish unbiased indicators of obesity risk and prognosis for use in research and clinical settings. ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) region 4Claire Hamasu; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) region 4Claire Hamasu; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 5MICHELLE MALIZIA; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Screening TrialMona Fouad; Fiscal Year: 2013..Participants will be contacted annually to determine current health status. Follow up includes ascertainment of adverse medical outcomes, cancer incidence, cause of death, and mortality impact. ..
- Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Screening TrialBARBARA O'BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Participants will be contacted annually to determine current health status. Follow up includes ascertainment of adverse medical outcomes, cancer incidence, cause of death, and mortality impact. ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 6CATHY BURROUGHS; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 5MICHELLE MALIZIA; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 7TAMARA COMBS; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Neurobehavioral Correlates of Familial/genetic obesity risk in adolescentsSusan Carnell; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Comparative Resistance Exercise Effects on Knee Osteoarthritis Pain, Functional IKEVIN ROBERT VINCENT; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Integrated Microfluidic Platform for Point-of-Care SerodiagnosticsXiaowu Liang; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal is an effective integration of emerging microarray technologies and will set the stage for future serological detection systems. ..
- The Habenulo-Interpeduncular Pathway and NicotineChristie D Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 1Colleen Cuddy; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Region 1KATE BURR OLIVER; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Nanoparticle Coupled Antioxidants for Respiratory Illness in VeteransRODNEY JON SCHLOSSER; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will use a murine model of allergic fungal rhinosinusitis with exacerbation by smoke or DEP exposure to determine the efficacy of antiMUC1-SOD/CAT-NPs. ..
- SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR THE NTP INTERAGENCY CENTER/VALIDATION OF ALT METHODSDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2009..NICEATM and ICCVAM will also evaluate non-animal methods and approaches for determining the skin irritation potential of antimicrobial cleaning products...
- AMERICAN SOCIETY OF HUMAN GENETICS PUBLIC HEALTH GENETICS FELLOWSHIPJoann A Boughman; Fiscal Year: 2011..apos;^g,} To add more Project Nan^ative File attachments, please use the attachment buttons below. Add QptionalvRrbject Narrative File Delete Optional Project Narrative,File View Qptional:Prdject Narrative-File ..
- Comparison of Diesel and Biodiesel Emissions and Health Effects in Underground MiJefferey L Burgess; Fiscal Year: 2013..Information on the health effects of conversion to biodiesel fuels in occupational and environmental settings will also help to inform future policy decisions. ..
- Tobacco Control Research Branch Scientific and Technical Services SupportKOURTNEY MARSHALL; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Novel diagnostic and safety biomarkers of liver injury and hepatotoxicityStanislav I Svetlov; Fiscal Year: 2010..These assays will provide a novel diagnostic/prognostic tools and serve as "safety biomarkers." according to the FDA. ..
- Intracellular Phase Diagram Creation Using a Micro-Differential Scanning CalorimeGARY L SOLBREKKEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will test the new machine on mouse oocytes, mouse and rat embryos, and zebrafish embryos. ..
- Emergency Neurophysiological Assessment Bedside Logic EngineDon M Tucker; Fiscal Year: 2010..Network access technology will facilitate remote review by expert neurologists, and a training protocol will provide first-responder usability for emergency technicians and physicians without training in clinical neurophysiology. ..
- Lipid Droplet MetabolismFredric B Kraemer; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Computer/Electrical EngineeringTheodore Raphan; Fiscal Year: 2011..Also install and maintain new operating systems and applications software to keep the laboratories at the cutting edge of technological development and troubleshoot problems as they arise. ..
- Endotoxin, the airway transcriptome, and obstructive lung diseasePEGGY SUE LAI; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Non-invasive zoonotic pathogen exposure and outcome biomarkers with follow-up inChristopher D Heaney; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Mechanisms of Neutralizing Antibody Resistance in Chronic HCV and HIV InfectionJUSTIN RICHARD BAILEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therefore, a better understanding of viral escape from nAb and development of broadly nAb responses should facilitate HCV vaccine development. ..
- New therapeutics for the treatment of Acinetobactor baumannii infections.ALLEN BERNARD REITZ; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Chronic Electrical Stimulation to Reduce Bladder Hyperreflexia after SCIKenneth J Gustafson; Fiscal Year: 2012..This approach is less invasive than existing devices and is expected to expand the population of individuals able to benefit from neural stimulation systems to restore bladder function. ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHerman Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Targeting p53-Dependent Repigmentation in VitiligoTAMARA G TERZIAN; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHERMAN ALFRED TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHERMAN ALFRED TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYASOKA S SRINIVASAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYASOKA S SRINIVASAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYAsoka Srinivasan; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- A Rodent Model to Study Links Among Diet, Visceral Adipose and CardiomyopathyMELINDA ANN FRYE; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Dietary Supplement Creatine for Adolescent Females with SSRI-Resistant DepressionPERRY FRANKLIN RENSHAW; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, depression in women is linked to several major medical illnesses. Thus, a novel intervention for adolescent females with MDD has the potential to broadly impact public health, beyond the boundaries of psychiatry. ..
- Advanced Nitric Oxide Release Bactericidal Urinary CathetersMark E Meyerhoff; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Robust Peptide-Based Diagnostics of Botulinum ToxinsJohn E Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition to toxin monitoring, our proposed multiplexed point-of-care diagnostic platform has valuable ramifications for public health by enabling truly individualized medicine. ..
- Durable Visible Light-activated Antivral Coatings for Fabrics Used for Personal PJOSEF STEPHAN SCHNEIDER; Fiscal Year: 2011..The goal of the research is to transition the manufacture of antiviral fabric and respirator masks from the test lab to large-scale manufacturing. ..
- Development of a Porcine Model of AtherosclerosisChristopher Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2010..This animal model will provide academic and industrial research communities with an opportunity to better understand cardiovascular disease and its pathogenesis, and to develop and test new therapeutics and preventative strategies. ..
- New Rapid Diagnostic Tests for AmebiasisJOEL F HERBEIN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- A Rapid Point-of-care Diagnostic for Neisseria gonorrhoeae STDsRichard F Selden; Fiscal Year: 2012..Dean and Shafer, and the microfluidic and molecular biology expertise of Dr. Selden, the application provides a unique collaborative opportunity to finally obtain a rapid point-of-care diagnostic for GC. ..
- Regulation of IFN-beta induction by P2X7 purinergic receptor signalingJUDITH ANNE SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2011..Greater understanding of inflammatory processes may ultimately lead to the better treatment of disease. ..
- CFI Inactivation of Human PlasmaTREVOR CASTOR; Fiscal Year: 2009..This approach is consistent with the regulatory authorities in Europe and the US that require a minimum of two virus inactivation technologies, which work by different mechanisms of action. ..
- Anti-fibrotic Coatings for Rapidly Exchangeable Bioprosthetic Heart ValveIvan Vesely; Fiscal Year: 2010..This revised resubmission adds additional criteria on which redesign of the valve and the anti-adhesion coatings may be necessary. ..
- Fc receptor targeted therapy for immune hemolytic anemiaPeriasamy Selvaraj; Fiscal Year: 2009..Project Description Page 6 ..
- Low-cost handheld medical device for neuroaxial anesthesia guidance in the obeseFRANK WILLIAM MAULDIN; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Micro-patterned surfaces for reducing the risk of catheter-associated UTISHRAVANTHI REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Autologous EPC lining to improve biocompatibility of circulatory assist devicesJeffrey H Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2010..These could become resistant to in-stent restenosis and benefit millions of Americans who are being treated with coronary or vascular stents. ..
- Development of a High Efficiency Plasma SterilizerBRIAN BROSDAHL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Phygen has been awarded a contract by the US Army to develop and produce transportable sterilization devices. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Generation of Electricity by Normal Human MovementMARTIN BELCHER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Silicone-free glass pre-filled syringe system for Biological Drugs.VINAY SAKHRANI; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed TriboGlide system will be the first silicone oil-free system for glass prefilled syringes that overcomes the problems of lubricant migration and drug contamination. ..
- Center of Predictive Medicine for BiodefenseMANUAL MARTINEZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..700. i. Cash: $3,000,000 ii. Bond: $9,684,763 (An additional $3,000,000 Contingency Fund will also be generated by bonding.) ..
- A New Low Power Low Cost Ozone Sterilizer for Medical EquipmentJoseph R Stetter; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- LTQ Orbitrap XL ETD Mass SpectrometerHaining Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2010..The requested instruments are environmentally friendly. In summary, the funding of this application will make the United States and the world healthier, cleaner and safer. ..
- National Lung Study TrialDouglas Reding; Fiscal Year: 2009..Participants will be contacted annually to determine current health status. Follow up includes ascertainment of adverse medical outcomes, cancer incidence, cause of death, and mortality impact. ..
- National Lung Screening Trial (NLST)Cheryl Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Protein interactions by analytical ultracentrifugationPETER GETTINS; Fiscal Year: 2007..The knowledge gained will be invaluable for design of therapeutics against such infections or in amelioration of diseases associated with aberrant functioning of processes such as blood coagulation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cognitive and Neurologic Sequelae in Cerebral MalariaChandy John; Fiscal Year: 2007..RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page .................................................................................................................................................. 1 Description, ..
- I D AND EVALUATION OF NOISE IN VOC ED LABORATORIESGlen Miller; Fiscal Year: 1990..Correlations will be calculated between the above factors and the strata of facility type...
- FACILITY RENOVATION AND ANNENBERG CAGE WASH FACILITIYKenneth Davis; Fiscal Year: 2003..e. soiled nonhuman primate cages). ..
- STERILIZING MEDICAL DEVICES WITH ATMOSPHERIC PLASMAKimberly Kelly Wintenberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..The technology is relatively inexpensive and can be engineered in several configurations. Such a device would fulfill a market niche in hospitals, physician and dental offices, to name a few. ..
- Enhanced Disinfection of Medical FacilitiesDANIEL AVERY; Fiscal Year: 2003..Phase I will also demonstrate the stability of medical device materials (eg. stainless steel, polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)) when exposed to Compact Membrane Systems, Inc. novel disinfection system. ..
- 3-D FLOW FIELDS IN CARDIOVASCULAR FLUID MECHANICSAjit Yoganathan; Fiscal Year: 1992..The instruments will thus form a central facility which will be employed in currently sponsored NIH research programs of seven investigators and will be used in the development of new research proposals...
- A lateral flow CD4 counting assay for resource-poor regionsMichael Lane; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..