Genomes and Genes
Summary: Derivatives of acetamide that are used as solvents, as mild irritants, and in organic synthesis.
Publications296 found, 100 shown here
- Activities of clindamycin, daptomycin, doxycycline, linezolid, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, and vancomycin against community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with inducible clindamycin resistance in murine thigh infection and in viKerry L LaPlante
Anti Infective Research Laboratory, Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:2156-62. 2008..At present, there are several alternatives that appear promising for treating clindamycin resistance-inducible strains of CA-MRSA...
- Two novel point mutations in clinical Staphylococcus aureus reduce linezolid susceptibility and switch on the stringent response to promote persistent infectionWei Gao
Department of Microbiology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
PLoS Pathog 6:e1000944. 2010..These results reinforce the exquisite adaptability of S. aureus and show how subtle molecular changes cause major alterations in bacterial behaviour, as well as highlighting potential weaknesses of current antibiotic treatment regimens...
- HMBA releases P-TEFb from HEXIM1 and 7SK snRNA via PI3K/Akt and activates HIV transcriptionXavier Contreras
Department of Medicine, Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
PLoS Pathog 3:1459-69. 2007..Thus, our studies reveal how HIV transcription is induced by HMBA and suggest how modifications in the equilibrium between active and inactive P-TEFb could contribute to cell differentiation...
- Assessment of linezolid resistance mechanisms among Staphylococcus epidermidis causing bacteraemia in Rome, ItalyRodrigo E Mendes
JMI Laboratories, North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:2329-35. 2010..Isolates also showed elevated MICs of macrolide, lincosamide and streptogramin (MLS) compounds, which were investigated...
- Efficacy of the novel antidepressant agomelatine on the circadian rest-activity cycle and depressive and anxiety symptoms in patients with major depressive disorder: a randomized, double-blind comparison with sertralineSiegfried Kasper
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical University Vienna, MUV, AKH, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Wien, Austria
J Clin Psychiatry 71:109-20. 2010....
- Comparison of agomelatine and escitalopram on nighttime sleep and daytime condition and efficacy in major depressive disorder patientsMaria Antonia Quera-Salva
AP HP Sleep Unit, Department of Physiology, Raymond Poincare Hospital, Garches, France
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 26:252-62. 2011..Both treatments were well tolerated. This study showed that the clinical effects of agomelatine on sleep and wake parameters are different from that of escitalopram...
- Promotion of sleep by targeting the orexin system in rats, dogs and humansCatherine Brisbare-Roch
Research and Development, Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Gewerbestrasse 16, CH 4123 Allschwil, Switzerland
Nat Med 13:150-5. 2007..No signs of cataplexy were observed, in contrast to the rodent, dog or human narcolepsy syndromes. These results open new perspectives for investigating the role of endogenous orexins in sleep-wake regulation...
- Acquisition of a natural resistance gene renders a clinical strain of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus resistant to the synthetic antibiotic linezolidSeok Ming Toh
Center for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Mol Microbiol 64:1506-14. 2007..This is the first example of clinical resistance to the synthetic drug linezolid which involves a natural resistance gene with the capability of disseminating among Gram-positive pathogenic strains...
- Virulence factor expression by Gram-positive cocci exposed to subinhibitory concentrations of linezolidCurtis G Gemmell
University Department of Bacteriology and Immunology, University of Glasgow, Royal Infirmary, 84 86 Castle Street, Glasgow G4 OSF, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 50:665-72. 2002..8% bacteria ingested versus 37.5%; P <or= 0.05). A reduction in virulence factor expression at sub-MIC linezolid concentrations may be of benefit in the treatment of Gram-positive infections...
- Transferable multidrug resistance plasmid carrying cfr associated with tet(L), ant(4')-Ia, and dfrK genes from a clinical methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus ST125 strainEnrique Ruiz de Gopegui
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitari Son Espases, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:2139-42. 2012..Active surveillance to prevent the dissemination of such highly concerning MDR transferable elements is needed...
- Agomelatine efficacy and acceptability revisited: systematic review and meta-analysis of published and unpublished randomised trialsMarkus Koesters
Department of Psychiatry II, Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
Br J Psychiatry 203:179-87. 2013..Agomelatine is a novel antidepressant drug with narrative, non-systematic reviews making claims of efficacy...
- Lacosamide as adjunctive therapy for partial-onset seizures: a randomized controlled trialSteve Chung
Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, Arizona 85013, USA
Epilepsia 51:958-67. 2010..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of lacosamide (400 and 600 mg/day) as adjunctive treatment in patients with uncontrolled partial-onset seizures taking one to three concomitant antiepileptic drugs (AEDs)...
- Resistance to linezolid is mediated by the cfr gene in the first report of an outbreak of linezolid-resistant Staphylococcus aureusGracia Morales
Clinical Microbiology Service, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 50:821-5. 2010..We investigated the mechanism of resistance--point mutations in domain V of 23S ribosomal RNA (rRNA) or presence of the cfr gene--involved in the outbreak...
- Linezolid, the first oxazolidinone antibacterial agentKaren L Leach
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Groton, Connecticut 06340, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1222:49-54. 2011....
- Linezolid-resistant clinical isolates of meticillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci and Enterococcus faecium from ChinaJia Chang Cai
2nd Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University, Zhejiang University, 88 Jiefang Road, Hangzhou 310009, PR China
J Med Microbiol 61:1568-73. 2012..There was a clonal dissemination of linezolid-resistant MRCoNS in intensive care units of our hospital, and this is the first report, to our knowledge, of linezolid-resistant staphylococci and enterococci in China...
- Hematologic effects of linezolid: summary of clinical experienceStanton L Gerson
Division of Hematology Oncology and Ireland Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals of Cleveland, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 4937, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:2723-6. 2002..Hematologic abnormalities were consistent with mild, reversible, duration-dependent myelosuppression. Appropriate monitoring is warranted with linezolid use...
- The structure of H5N1 avian influenza neuraminidase suggests new opportunities for drug designRupert J Russell
MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Nature 443:45-9. 2006..Our analysis suggests that it may be possible to exploit the size and location of the group-1 cavity to develop new anti-influenza drugs...
- A benefit-risk assessment of agomelatine in the treatment of major depressionRobert H Howland
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA, USA
Drug Saf 34:709-31. 2011..Because of the unique pharmacology of agomelatine and its reported tolerability profile, it should only be considered as an alternative drug for patients who do not respond to or cannot tolerate other antidepressant drugs...
- Inhibition of P-TEFb (CDK9/Cyclin T) kinase and RNA polymerase II transcription by the coordinated actions of HEXIM1 and 7SK snRNAJasper H N Yik
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Mol Cell 12:971-82. 2003....
- Linezolid vs glycopeptide antibiotics for the treatment of suspected methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus nosocomial pneumonia: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsAllan J Walkey
Boston University School of Medicine, The Pulmonary Center, 715 Albany St, R 304, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Chest 139:1148-55. 2011..Societal guidelines suggest linezolid may be the preferred treatment of MRSA nosocomial pneumonia. We investigated the efficacy of linezolid compared with glycopeptide antibiotics (vancomycin or teicoplanin) for nosocomial pneumonia...
- Cost-effectiveness of linezolid and vancomycin in the treatment of surgical site infectionsAsad E Patanwala
The University of Arizona College of Pharmacy, Tucson, AZ, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:185-93. 2007....
- Mutations in ribosomal protein L3 are associated with oxazolidinone resistance in staphylococci of clinical originJeffrey B Locke
Trius Therapeutics, Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:5275-8. 2009..The oxazolidinone torezolid maintained a >or=8-fold potency advantage over linezolid for both strains...
- Treatment of epidemic and pandemic influenza with neuraminidase and M2 proton channel inhibitorsJ S Oxford
Academic and Retroscreen Virology, Barts and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Clin Microbiol Infect 9:1-14. 2003....
- Agomelatine, the first melatonergic antidepressant: discovery, characterization and developmentChristian de Bodinat
Institut de Recherches Internationales Servier, 6 place des Pleiades, 92415 Courbevoie, Cedex, France
Nat Rev Drug Discov 9:628-42. 2010....
- Superior antidepressant efficacy results of agomelatine versus fluoxetine in severe MDD patients: a randomized, double-blind studyAnthony Hale
Trust Headquarters, St Martin s Hospital, Canterbury, UK
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 25:305-14. 2010..In conclusion, in this study, agomelatine showed superior antidepressant efficacy over fluoxetine in treating patients with a severe episode of major depressive disorder after 8 weeks of treatment with a good tolerability profile...
- Blockade of orexin-1 receptors attenuates orexin-2 receptor antagonism-induced sleep promotion in the ratChristine Dugovic
Neuroscience, Johnson and Johnson PRD, 3210 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 330:142-51. 2009..In addition, it is suggested that simultaneous inhibition of OX1R attenuates the sleep-promoting effects mediated by selective OX2R blockade, possibly correlated with dopaminergic neurotransmission...
- Subinhibitory concentrations of linezolid reduce Staphylococcus aureus virulence factor expressionKatussevani Bernardo
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology, and Hygiene, Medical Center, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:546-55. 2004..aureus is especially sensitive to the inhibition of protein synthesis by linezolid, which should be an advantage in the treatment of infections with toxin-producing S. aureus...
- Clinical outbreak of linezolid-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in an intensive care unitMiguel Sanchez Garcia
Intensive Care Department, Hospital Clínico San Carlos and Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
JAMA 303:2260-4. 2010..Linezolid resistance is extremely uncommon in Staphylococcus aureus...
- Novel ribosomal mutations in Staphylococcus aureus strains identified through selection with the oxazolidinones linezolid and torezolid (TR-700)Jeffrey B Locke
Trius Therapeutics, Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:5265-74. 2009..These data bring to light a variety of novel and less-characterized mutations associated with S. aureus resistance to oxazolidinones and demonstrate the low resistance potential of torezolid...
- Genome sequencing of linezolid-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae mutants reveals novel mechanisms of resistanceJie Feng
Centre de Recherche en Infectiologie, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
Genome Res 19:1214-23. 2009..Whole-genome sequencing and comparative analyses of S. pneumoniae resistant isolates was useful for discovering novel resistance mutations...
- In vitro bactericidal activities of linezolid in combination with vancomycin, gentamicin, ciprofloxacin, fusidic acid, and rifampin against Staphylococcus aureusPatrick Grohs
Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:418-20. 2003..While the combination with linezolid may reduce the emergence of mutants resistant to the associated drugs, the absence of synergy, especially in the case of vancomycin and ciprofloxacin, does not argue in favor of such combinations...
- Efficacy and safety of oral lacosamide as adjunctive therapy in adults with partial-onset seizuresElinor Ben-Menachem
Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Epilepsia 48:1308-17. 2007....
- Absolute bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of linezolid in hospitalized patients given enteral feedingsPaul Beringer
School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:3676-81. 2005..Compartmental pharmacokinetic analysis offers a more flexible study application, since bioavailability (F) can be estimated directly with intermixed intravenous/oral doses without a need for a washout period...
- Efficacy and safety of agomelatine in the treatment of major depressive disorder: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialJohn Zajecka
Treatment Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 30:135-44. 2010..The results showed significant antidepressant efficacy of agomelatine 50 mg/d, including a positive effect on sleep compared with placebo in outpatients with moderate to severe major depressive disorder...
- Linezolid for the treatment of infections caused by Gram-positive pathogens in ChinaDong Fang Lin
Institute of Antibiotics, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, 12 Wulumuqi Zhong Road, Shanghai 200040, China
Int J Antimicrob Agents 32:241-9. 2008..3%) vancomycin-treated patients discontinued the study drug because of an AE. Linezolid was well tolerated and effective for the treatment of infections caused by Gram-positive pathogens, including meticillin-resistant S. aureus...
- Cytokines in periradicular lesions: the effect of linezolid treatmentJohn Danin
Department of Cariology and Endodontics, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Sweden
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 96:492-8. 2003....
- In vitro susceptibility of Gram-positive pathogens to linezolid and teicoplanin and effect on outcome in critically ill patientsA Peter R Wilson
Department of Clinical Microbiology, University College London Hospitals, 46 Cleveland Street, London W1T 4JF, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:470-3. 2006..To determine the prevalence of teicoplanin and linezolid resistance amongst Gram-positive pathogens isolated in the intensive care unit (ICU) and the impact of any resistance on clinical outcome...
- Linezolid absolute bioavailability and the effect of food on oral bioavailabilityI R Welshman
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacia, 301 Henrietta St, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
Biopharm Drug Dispos 22:91-7. 2001..As expected, C(max) was statistically different between the two treatments. However, the mean absolute bioavailability (F) of the tablet, using the IV sterile solution as the reference treatment, was 103% (+/-20%)...
- The role of diabetes mellitus in the treatment of skin and skin structure infections caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: results from three randomized controlled trialsBenjamin A Lipsky
Medical Service, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, 1880 S Columbian Way S 111 GIMC, Seattle, WA 98108 1587, USA
Int J Infect Dis 15:e140-6. 2011..To compare outcomes of treating complicated skin and skin structure infections (cSSSI) caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) with linezolid versus vancomycin in diabetic and non-diabetic patients...
- The efficacy of agomelatine in elderly patients with recurrent major depressive disorder: a placebo-controlled studyReinhard Heun
Radbourne Unit, Derby City General Hospital, Uttoxeter Rd, Derby DE22 3NE, United Kingdom
J Clin Psychiatry 74:587-94. 2013..The present placebo-controlled study evaluated the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of 8-week treatment with agomelatine (25-50 mg/d by mouth) in elderly patients with major depressive disorder (MDD)...
- Comparative in vivo efficacies of epithelial lining fluid exposures of tedizolid, linezolid, and vancomycin for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a mouse pneumonia modelPamela R Tessier
Center for Anti Infective Research and Development, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:2342-6. 2012..TZD and linezolid showed similar efficacies in this MRSA pneumonia model...
- Characterization of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus strains recovered from a phase IV clinical trial for linezolid versus vancomycin for treatment of nosocomial pneumoniaRodrigo E Mendes
JMI Laboratories, North Liberty, Iowa, USA
J Clin Microbiol 50:3694-702. 2012..The USA300 rate corroborates previous reports describing increased prevalence of USA300 strains causing invasive infections. The prevalence of hVISA was elevated in Asia, and these strains were associated with CC5...
- The effects of agomelatine on sexual function in depressed patients and healthy volunteersAngel Montejo
Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Hum Psychopharmacol 26:537-42. 2011..Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) and serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor antidepressants are associated with high rates of treatment-emergent sexual dysfunction (TESD) due to stimulation of serotonin receptors...
- Molecular and epidemiologic characteristics of linezolid-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci at a tertiary care hospitalKlaudia Kosowska-Shick
Department of Pathology, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 68:34-9. 2010..The increase in linezolid-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci correlated with nosocomial transmission of selected mutated strains in patients who had received linezolid...
- Mode of action of agomelatine: synergy between melatonergic and 5-HT2C receptorsGiorgio Racagni
Center of Neuropharmacology, Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
World J Biol Psychiatry 12:574-87. 2011..Animal studies showed that agomelatine resynchronizes disturbed circadian rhythms and reduces depression-like behaviour...
- Antidepressant efficacy of agomelatine versus SSRI/SNRI: results from a pooled analysis of head-to-head studies without a placebo controlSiegfried Kasper
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical University of Vienna, AKH, Austria
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 28:12-9. 2013....
- The antidepressant agomelatine inhibits stress-mediated changes in amino acid efflux in the rat hippocampus and amygdalaLawrence P Reagan
Department of Pharmacology, Physiology and Neuroscience, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, 6439 Garners Ferry Rd, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Brain Res 1466:91-8. 2012..These data suggest that agomelatine modulates amino acid efflux in limbic structures implicated in major depressive disorder...
- Linezolid pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in clinical treatmentMatthew S Dryden
Department of Microbiology, Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Romsey Road, Winchester, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:iv7-iv15. 2011....
- Pharmacokinetics and tissue penetration of linezolid following multiple oral dosesT Gee
Department of Microbiology, City Hospital NHS Trust, Birmingham, B18 7QH, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:1843-6. 2001..3 (SD, 73.1) and 155.3 (SD, 80.1) microg x h/ml, respectively. These data suggest that linezolid has good tissue penetration, and we can predict that it will be successful in the treatment of a variety of gram-positive infections...
- Serum and cerebrospinal fluid concentrations of linezolid in neurosurgical patientsPavlos Myrianthefs
Athens University School of Nursing ICU, Athens, Greece
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:3971-6. 2006..These findings suggest that linezolid may achieve adequate concentrations in the CSF of patients requiring antibiotics for the management or prophylaxis of CNS infections caused by gram-positive pathogens...
- Vancomycin versus linezolid in the treatment of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus nosocomial pneumonia: implications of the ZEPHyR trialCesar Alaniz
University of Michigan Hospitals and College of Pharmacy, Ann Arbor, USA
Ann Pharmacother 46:1432-5. 2012..Results of the ZEPHyR trial do not support routine use of linezolid for the treatment of MRSA pneumonia...
- A comparative study of rac- and S-metolachlor toxicity to Daphnia magnaHuijun Liu
Institute of Environmental Science, Department of Environmental Science, Zhejiang University, P O Box 3041, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province 310029, China
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 63:451-5. 2006..01 mgL(-1) but not reduced only when S-metolachlor concentration was higher than 0.5 mgL(-1). The results of chronic toxicity indicated that rac-metolachlor was significantly (P<0.05) more toxic than S-metolachlor to D. magna...
- Linezolid compared with teicoplanin for the treatment of suspected or proven Gram-positive infectionsMark Wilcox
Department of Microbiology, Leeds General Infirmary and University of Leeds Teaching Hospitals, Old Medical School, Leeds LS1 3EX
J Antimicrob Chemother 53:335-44. 2004..However, antibiotic discontinuation rates as a result of drug related adverse events were similar (4.7% in the linezolid group versus 3.7%). Linezolid was clinically superior to teicoplanin in the treatment of Gram-positive infections...
- Linezolid diminishes inflammatory cytokine production from human peripheral blood mononuclear cellsPilar Garcia-Roca
Departamento de Inmunoquímica y Biología Celular, Hospital Infantil de Mexico, Federico Gomez, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Arch Med Res 37:31-5. 2006..Some antibiotics have been reported to have immunomodulatory effects in addition to their antimicrobial activity. We examined the effect of linezolid on cytokine synthesis...
- Linezolid and vancomycin in treatment of lower-extremity complicated skin and skin structure infections caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in patients with and without vascular diseaseTherese M Duane
Department of Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 13:147-53. 2012....
- Use of pyrosequencing to identify point mutations in domain V of 23S rRNA genes of linezolid-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus epidermidisW Zhu
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, MS G08, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 26:161-5. 2007..epidermidis that were associated with linezolid resistance. A C2534T mutation was identified in S. epidermidis that was not previously reported in a linezolid-resistant isolate...
- Complicated skin and skin-structure infections and catheter-related bloodstream infections: noninferiority of linezolid in a phase 3 studyMark H Wilcox
Department of Microbiology, Leeds General Infirmary and University of Leeds Teaching Hospitals, Leeds, England
Clin Infect Dis 48:203-12. 2009..Catheter-related bloodstream infection (CRBSI) causes substantial morbidity and mortality, but few randomized, controlled studies have been conducted to guide therapeutic interventions...
- Synthesis and antimicrobial activities of some novel substituted 2-imidazolyl-N-(4-oxo-quinazolin-3(4H)-yl)-acetamidesNulgulmnalli Manjunathiah Raghavendra
Medicinal Chemistry Research Laboratory, Acharya and B M Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, Karnataka 560090, India
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 55:1615-9. 2007..8-11ad were synthesized by condensation of 2-chloro-N-(4-oxo-substituted-quinazolin-3(4H)-yl)-acetamides with various substituted imidazoles through one pot reaction...
- Comparison of two screening bioassays, based on the frog sciatic nerve and yeast cells, for the assessment of herbicide toxicityChrisovalantis Papaefthimiou
Laboratory of Animal Physiology, Department of Zoology, School of Biology, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki 54124, Hellas, Greece
Environ Toxicol Chem 23:1211-8. 2004..of increasing concentrations of herbicides of different chemical classes (phenoxyacetic acids, triazines, and acetamides), and of 2,4-dichlorophenol (2,4-DCP), a degradation product of the herbicide 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,..
- Treatment of meningitis caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with linezolidA T Kessler
Department of Medicine, Northside Cherokee Hospital, Atlanta, GA 30013, USA
Infection 35:271-4. 2007..Clinical trials to address the role of linezolid in CNS infections are urgently needed...
- Linezolid versus vancomycin for treatment of resistant Gram-positive infections in childrenSheldon L Kaplan
Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, 6621 Fannin Street, MC3 2371, Feigin Center No 1150, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 22:677-86. 2003..Pediatric infections caused by resistant Gram-positive infections are an increasing concern with limited treatment options. Linezolid, a new oxazolidinone, is active against staphylococci, streptococci and enterococci...
- Linezolid in the treatment of methicillin-resistant staphylococcal post-neurosurgical meningitis: a series of 17 casesOguz Resat Sipahi
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Izmir, Turkey
Scand J Infect Dis 43:757-64. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of linezolid in methicillin-resistant staphylococcal (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and methicillin-resistant coagulase-negative Staphylococcus (MRCoNS)) meningitis...
- Rapid detection and estimation by pyrosequencing of 23S rRNA genes with a single nucleotide polymorphism conferring linezolid resistance in EnterococciAlistair Sinclair
Antibiotic Resistance Monitoring and Reference Laboratory, Specialist and Reference Microbiology Division, Health Protection Agency Colindale, London NW9 5HT, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3620-2. 2003..A good correlation was found between linezolid MICs and the number of 23S rRNA gene copies carrying the mutation...
- Agomelatine in the treatment of major depressive disorder: potential for clinical effectivenessSidney H Kennedy
Department of Psychiatry, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
CNS Drugs 24:479-99. 2010....
- Pharmacokinetics, metabolism, and excretion of linezolid following an oral dose of [(14)C]linezolid to healthy human subjectsJ G Slatter
Global Metabolism and Investigative Sciences, Pharmacia Corporation, 301 Henrietta St, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 29:1136-45. 2001..Formation of PNU-142586 was the rate-limiting step in the clearance of linezolid...
- Differential effects of the dual orexin receptor antagonist almorexant and the GABA(A)-α1 receptor modulator zolpidem, alone or combined with ethanol, on motor performance in the ratMichel A Steiner
CNS Pharmacology, Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Allschwil, Switzerland
Neuropsychopharmacology 36:848-56. 2011....
- Orexin receptor antagonism, a new sleep-promoting paradigm: an ascending single-dose study with almorexantP Hoever
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Allschwil, Switzerland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 87:593-600. 2010..Population pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic modeling suggested that doses of ~500 mg almorexant and 10 mg zolpidem are equivalent with respect to subjectively assessed alertness...
- Stability of linezolid activity in an era of mobile oxazolidinone resistance determinants: results from the 2009 Zyvox® Annual Appraisal of Potency and Spectrum programDouglas J Biedenbach
JMI Laboratories, North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 68:459-67. 2010..48%) having the mobile cfr gene. The results of this study demonstrate that linezolid continues to be effective in vitro against MDR pathogens, and the resistance rates appear stable...
- Comparison of serotonin toxicity with concomitant use of either linezolid or comparators and serotonergic agents: an analysis of Phase III and IV randomized clinical trial dataJill M Butterfield
Pharmacy Practice, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Albany, NY, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:494-502. 2012..All reported adverse events were evaluated for serotonin toxicity using exact and surrogate terms consistent with Sternbach Criteria and Hunter Serotonin Toxicity Criteria...
- Biochemical and electrophysiological characterization of almorexant, a dual orexin 1 receptor (OX1)/orexin 2 receptor (OX2) antagonist: comparison with selective OX1 and OX2 antagonistsPari Malherbe
F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Bldg 69 333, CH 4070 Basel, Switzerland
Mol Pharmacol 76:618-31. 2009..The electrophysiology data suggest that OX(2) might be more important than OX(1) in mediating the effect of orexin-A on slow-firing of VTA dopaminergic neurons...
- Linezolid: pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic evaluation of coadministration with pseudoephedrine HCl, phenylpropanolamine HCl, and dextromethorpan HBrP E Hendershot
Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacia and Upjohn, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49007-4940, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 41:563-72. 2001..No restrictions are indicated for the coadministration of dextromethorphan and linezolid...
- Differentiation-dependent photodynamic therapy regulated by porphobilinogen deaminase in B16 melanomaD Ickowicz Schwartz
Faculty of Life Science, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
Br J Cancer 90:1833-41. 2004..We suggest that efficient photodynamic therapy of cancer facilitated by ALA administration can be enhanced using combined therapeutic modalities...
- Hexamethylene bisacetamide (HMBA) simultaneously targets AKT and MAPK pathway and represses NF kappaB activity: implications for cancer therapyAnwesha Dey
Laboratory of Cell Cycle Control, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Proteos, Singapore, Singapore
Cell Cycle 7:3759-67. 2008....
- Linezolid resistance in Staphylococcus aureus: gene dosage effect, stability, fitness costs, and cross-resistancesSilke Besier
Institut für Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Krankenhaushygiene, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1570-2. 2008....
- LEADER Program results for 2009: an activity and spectrum analysis of linezolid using 6,414 clinical isolates from 56 medical centers in the United StatesDavid J Farrell
JMI Laboratories, North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:3684-90. 2011..Linezolid continues to exhibit excellent activity and spectrum, and this study documents the need for continued monitoring of emerging mechanisms of resistance over a wide geographic area...
- Influenza virus neuraminidase inhibitorsL V Gubareva
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia, School of Medicine, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Lancet 355:827-35. 2000..Because of a broader antiviral spectrum, better tolerance, and less potential for emergence of resistance than is seen with the M2 inhibitors, the neuraminidase inhibitors represent an important advance in the treatment of influenza...
- Polyphyletic emergence of linezolid-resistant staphylococci in the United StatesAgnes Wong
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:742-8. 2010..epidermidis isolates. These findings suggest that linezolid resistance has emerged independently in multiple clones of S. aureus and with a variety of ribosomal mutations in multiple clones of S. epidermidis...
- Imaging of peripheral benzodiazepine receptor expression as biomarkers of detrimental versus beneficial glial responses in mouse models of Alzheimer's and other CNS pathologiesBin Ji
Molecular Imaging Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Chiba, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
J Neurosci 28:12255-67. 2008....
- Elevated linezolid resistance in clinical cfr-positive Staphylococcus aureus isolates is associated with co-occurring mutations in ribosomal protein L3Jeffrey B Locke
Trius Therapeutics, Inc, 6310 Nancy Ridge Drive, Suite 105, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:5352-5. 2010..LZD MIC values (16, 32, or 64 μg/ml) correlated with the presence and severity of the L3 mutation. All isolates had TR-700 (torezolid) MIC values of ≤ 2 μg/ml...
- Antimicrobial resistance to linezolidVenkata G Meka
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Infect Dis 39:1010-5. 2004....
- A class of hybrid polar inducers of transformed cell differentiation inhibits histone deacetylasesV M Richon
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:3003-7. 1998..These studies show that the second-generation HPCs, unlike HMBA, are potent inhibitors of HDAC activity. In this sense, HMBA and the second-generation HPCs appear to induce differentiation by different pathways...
- In vivo efficacy of ceftaroline (PPI-0903), a new broad-spectrum cephalosporin, compared with linezolid and vancomycin against methicillin-resistant and vancomycin-intermediate Staphylococcus aureus in a rabbit endocarditis modelCedric Jacqueline
Universite de Nantes, Nantes Atlantique Universites, Therapeutiques Cliniques et Experimentales des Infections, EA3826, UFR Medecine, Nantes, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:3397-400. 2007..After a 4-day treatment, ceftaroline exhibited superior bactericidal in vivo activity against resistant S. aureus strains and appeared to be the most effective drug against a heterogeneous glycopeptide-intermediate S. aureus strain...
- Early microbiological response to linezolid vs vancomycin in ventilator-associated pneumonia due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusRichard G Wunderink
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Chest 134:1200-7. 2008..This prospective, open-label, multicenter clinical trial compared the early microbiological efficacy of linezolid (LZD) therapy with that of vancomycin (VAN) therapy in patients with MRSA VAP...
- Linezolid versus vancomycin for the treatment of gram-positive bacterial infections: meta-analysis of randomised controlled trialsLiang Beibei
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, General Hospital of Chinese People s Liberation Army, 28 Fuxing Road, Beijing, PR China
Int J Antimicrob Agents 35:3-12. 2010..There is superior clinical and microbiological outcome with linezolid in complicated skin and soft-tissue infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus...
- Vancomycin MIC creep in non-vancomycin-intermediate Staphylococcus aureus (VISA), vancomycin-susceptible clinical methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) blood isolates from 2001-05Gregory Steinkraus
New Hanover Regional Medical Center, 2131 South 17th Street, Wilmington, NC 28402, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:788-94. 2007..Additionally, MIC trends were evaluated for oxacillin, linezolid and daptomycin...
- Hexamethylene bisacetamide activates the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 provirus by an NF-kappa B-independent mechanismJ Vlach
Oncology Center, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21231
J Gen Virol 74:2401-8. 1993....
- Spread of ampicillin/vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium of the epidemic-virulent clonal complex-17 carrying the genes esp and hyl in German hospitalsI Klare
Robert Koch Institute, Wernigerode Branch, Burgstr 37, 38855, Wernigerode, Germany
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 24:815-25. 2005..In conclusion, it is very important to monitor the occurrence of epidemic-virulent clonal complex-17 strains of E. faecium to prevent their spread in hospitals, especially if they are resistant to glycopeptides and linezolid...
- Review article: the assessment of liver function using breath testsY Ilan
Liver Unit, Department of Medicine, Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 26:1293-302. 2007..The recent development of a real-time, point-of-care liver function breath test has made it straightforward to assess the metabolic function of the liver...
- Efficacy and safety of the oral neuraminidase inhibitor oseltamivir in treating acute influenza: a randomized controlled trial. US Oral Neuraminidase Study GroupJ J Treanor
Infectious Diseases Unit, University of Rochester, NY 14642, USA
JAMA 283:1016-24. 2000..Previous studies have shown oseltamivir, a neuraminidase inhibitor, to be effective in preventing influenza and treating experimental influenza...
- Synthesis and evaluation in monkey of two sensitive 11C-labeled aryloxyanilide ligands for imaging brain peripheral benzodiazepine receptors in vivoEmmanuelle Briard
Molecular Imaging Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Med Chem 51:17-30. 2008..11)C] 3 and [ (11)C] 10 are effective for imaging PBR in monkey brain. [ (11)C] 10 especially warrants further evaluation in human subjects...
- Linezolid versus glycopeptide or beta-lactam for treatment of Gram-positive bacterial infections: meta-analysis of randomised controlled trialsMatthew E Falagas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Athens, Greece
Lancet Infect Dis 8:53-66. 2008....
- Activity of oxazolidinone TR-700 against linezolid-susceptible and -resistant staphylococci and enterococciDavid M Livermore
Antibiotic Resistance Monitoring and Reference Laboratory, Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW95EQ, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 63:713-5. 2009..TR-700 is the active moiety of TR-701 (DA-7157), a new oral/intravenous oxazolidinone prodrug. We examined its activity against linezolid-susceptible and -resistant staphylococci and enterococci...
- Multicity outbreak of linezolid-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis associated with clonal spread of a cfr-containing strainHector Bonilla
Summa Health System, Akron, Ohio, USA
Clin Infect Dis 51:796-800. 2010..Two clones with different mechanisms of linezolid resistance were circulating in hospital A. One of these contained the cfr gene, and the other a ribosomal mutation. The clone containing cfr was identical in both hospitals...
- Randomized comparison of linezolid (PNU-100766) versus oxacillin-dicloxacillin for treatment of complicated skin and soft tissue infectionsD L Stevens
Infectious Diseases Section, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Boise, Idaho, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:3408-13. 2000..No serious drug-related adverse events were reported in the linezolid group. These data support the use of linezolid for the treatment of adults with complicated skin and soft tissue infections...
- In vitro activity of linezolid in combination with doxycycline, fosfomycin, levofloxacin, rifampicin and vancomycin against methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureusJ M Sahuquillo Arce
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Hospital La Fe, Avda Campanar 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
Rev Esp Quimioter 19:252-7. 2006..In summary, the combination of subinhibitory...
- Linezolid: the first oxazolidinone antimicrobialRobert C Moellering
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Ann Intern Med 138:135-42. 2003..The drug has an acceptable profile of adverse events, but reversible myelosuppression has occurred in patients receiving high doses for more than 2 weeks...
- Efficacy and safety of tigecycline compared with vancomycin or linezolid for treatment of serious infections with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or vancomycin-resistant enterococci: a Phase 3, multicentre, double-blind, randomized studyI Florescu
Emergency Clinical Hospital, Bucharest, Romania
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:i17-28. 2008..Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE) are causing serious nosocomial infections. Tigecycline was evaluated in hospitalized patients with MRSA or VRE infection...
- Linezolid versus ceftriaxone/cefpodoxime in patients hospitalized for the treatment of Streptococcus pneumoniae pneumoniaGerry S San Pedro
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport 71130 3932, USA
Scand J Infect Dis 34:720-8. 2002..v./oral linezolid was more effective than ceftriaxone/cefpodoxime in patients hospitalized with CAP, with comparable cure rates in S. pneumoniae pneumonia and higher cure rates in pneumonia complicated by bacteremia...
- Efficacy and safety of linezolid compared with vancomycin in a randomized, double-blind study of febrile neutropenic patients with cancerBranimir Jaksic
Department of Medicine, Merkur University Hospital, Zagreb, Croatia
Clin Infect Dis 42:597-607. 2006..Gram-positive pathogens can cause serious infections in neutropenic patients with cancer, and vancomycin therapy is often initiated empirically. Linezolid may offer an option for these patients...
- Lacosamide displays potent antinociceptive effects in animal models for inflammatory painThomas Stöhr
Schwarz BioSciences GmbH, Department of Pharmacology Toxicology, Alfred Nobel Street 10, 40789 Monheim, Germany
Eur J Pain 10:241-9. 2006..These results suggest lacosamide may be active against various forms of acute and chronic inflammatory pain in humans...
- New coated SPME fibers for extraction and fast HPLC determination of selected drugs in human bloodPawel Olszowy
Department of Environmental Chemistry and Bioanalytics, Faculty of Chemistry, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Gagarin 7, Torun, Poland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 53:1022-7. 2010..9884-0.9945 and 0.9807-0.9818 for linezolid and daptomycin, respectively. This study proved better adsorption capacity of PTh SPME coating compared to PPy coating for both, linezolid and daptomycin...
- MECHANISM OF INDUCTION OF OLFACTORY TUMORS BY ALACHLORMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Sphingolipid signaling in olfactory mucosaMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Extracellular matrix in chloracetanilide carcinogenesisMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of influenza NA drug resistanceJennifer L McKimm Breschkin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- DISORDERED BLOOD COAGULATION IN SICKLE CELL DISEASEKenneth Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., is the "hypercoagulability" observed in patients with SCD a primary cause of the vasoocclusion or is it simply a secondary event that is observed in this clinical setting. ..
- COAGULATION ACTIVATION IN SICKLE CELL DISEASEKenneth I Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Metabolic Consequences of HAART: CYP3A and P-gpDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2003..This multidisciplinary proposal provides a clinical and scientific basis to assess the effects of currently available as well as experimental HAART medications on human CYP3A and P-gp. ..
- CHRONIC BENZODIAZEPINES: BEHAVIOR AND NEUROCHEMISTRYDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Agilent 5973 GC/MS SystemGARY MOLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our current lack of such instrumentation negatively affects the ability to carry out many of these studies. This critical capability, in the form of an instrument for everyday analysis, is urgently needed. ..
- Catalytic Processes for Selective Organic SynthesisGARY MOLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2005..4) Carbometalation/cyclization reactions will be explored utilizing organochromium species. 5) Ligands and catalytic systems designed for asymmetric synthesis will be explored. ..
- MDR1 and Related Proteins during HIV PI ExposureDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings will be of importance in understanding lipid disorders related to PIs as well as the kinetics of drugs used to treat HIV and related disorders. ..
- Therapeutic effect of boswellin in prostate cancerYongkui Jing; Fiscal Year: 2005..We hope our proposal will lead to the discovery of a novel complementary agent for prostate cancer treatment. ..
- GARLIC PREPARATIONS AND ANTIRETROVIRAL DRUGSDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2004..The work will provide immediately applicable clinical data on garlic interactions with antiretrovirals, as well as mechanistic data identifying the interaction process and its predictability from in vitro models. ..
- HAART Regimens in Substance AbusersDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- CYP3A Function in Aging AfricanAmericansDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study should provide important mechanistic information on the role of age, gender, and ethnicity as sources of variability in CYP3A-mediated drug metabolism and response. ..
- ANTIRETROVIRAL THERAPIES AND SUBSTANCE ABUSEDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2002..The in vitro model, if validated, has the potential to provide clinically important information on interactions involving HIV treatments and abusable drugs, at relatively low cost and with no human drug exposure. ..
- 3rd Orthomyxoviruses Research ConferenceJonathan McCullers; Fiscal Year: 2005..The purpose of this proposal is to provide funds that will allow promising young investigators to interact with their peers and develop a commitment to this area of research. ..
- Detection of Biofilm Bacteria using GloBacRobin Patel; Fiscal Year: 2008..The goal of the proposed studies is to develop a rapid test for detection of bacteria on artificial joints that can be used in the operating room to diagnose infected artificial joints. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DESIGN OF LIGANDS SELECTIVE FOR THE DAG SUPERFAMILYAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2002..To assess the effect of alterations in the ligand's hydrophobic side chain on its tumor promoting activity, studies of skin hyperplasia will be conducted. ..
- Chemistry and Pharmacology of a New Nicotine LigandsAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2007..Functional activity will be evaluated using established 86RbC1 efflux assays and/or whole cell patch clamp measurements. ..
- Enhancement of antimicrobics by electrical currentRobin Patel; Fiscal Year: 2007..This novel but simple resistance reversing strategy may generalize to a wide variety of antimicrobics and microorganisms and a wide variety of biofilm-associated human infections. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2nd Orthomyxoviruses Research ConferenceJonathan McCullers; Fiscal Year: 2003..The purpose of this proposal is to provide funds that will allow promising young investigators to interact with their peers and develop a commitment to this area of research. ..
- HUMAN RETROVIRUS-5 AND ARTHRITISRobin Patel; Fiscal Year: 2002..Identification of a specific infectious agent associated with these arthritides would potentially allo for the development of preventive strategies such as vaccination and novel therapeutic approaches. ..
- Lethal synergism between influenza and pneumococcusJonathan McCullers; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Chemistry and Biology of 5-HT2C Receptor Ligands for Drug AbuseALAN PAUL KOZIKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Influenza-pneumococcal synergism: role of neuraminidaseJonathan McCullers; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Synergism Between Influenza Virus and PneumococcusJonathan McCullers; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- CHEMICAL AND PHARMACOLOGICAL STUDIES OF COCAINE ANALOGSAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PKC Modulators for the Treatment of Alzheimer's diseaseAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2008..For the best compounds from Aim 2, perform studies in triple transgenic mice to ascertain effects on Abeta and sAPPalpha levels and plaque formation in vivo. ..
- BIOLOGICAL STUDIES OF PIPERIDINE ANALOGS OF COCAINEAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2001..4. For compounds meeting set criteria, to further evaluate their behavioral pharmacological profile in animals using intravenous drug self-administration and drug discrimination procedures. ..
- Catheter Dwell Time and Risk of Bloodstream Infections in Hospitalized NeonatesAaron M Milstone; Fiscal Year: 2011..This project will help to develop evidence-based strategies to prevent bloodstream infections among vulnerable infants hospitalized in the neonatal intensive care unit. ..
- Hypnotics and the Treatment of Psychiatric DisordersWILLIAM MCCALL; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Design of peptide entry inhibitors and delivery systems to target emerging henipaAnne Moscona; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- ALPHA 2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL IN IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROMEMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2008..Significance: This project will characterize pharmacogenetic mechanisms determining the response to clonidine through studies of candidate genes that control alpha2-adrenoreceptor function and norepinephrine transport in IBS. ..
- Contributions of sleep/rhythms/fatigue to "chemobrain"Sonia Ancoli Israel; Fiscal Year: 2009..The reported phenomena of chemobrain will be examined to see if it is related to the complaint of fatigue or sleep disruptions, both of which are known to contribute to decreases in cognitive functioning. ..
- New mechanism of resistance to oxazolidinone antibiotics in Staphylococcus aureusAlexander S Mankin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Genetic Determinants of Erythrocyte HydrationCarlo Brugnara; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- 13C and 15N MRS Study of glutamate control in epilepsyBrian Ross; Fiscal Year: 2009..Together these studies will contribute to a better understanding of the regulatory events of the GLN/GLU cycle in KA and increase potential to replace surgical management of temporal lobe epilepsy. ..
- Spinal cord repair with nerve constructsDouglas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Design of peptide entry inhibitors and delivery systems to target emerging henipaAnne Moscona; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Antipsychotic Actions in Models of NMDA HypofunctionGary Duncan; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Student Travel to the Environmental Mutagen SocietyMichael Plewa; Fiscal Year: 2002..Awards will be made without regard to gender, race or ethnicity. ..
- CHEMOPREVENTION OF MAMMARY TUMORS BY TAMOXIFEN AND SOYAndreas Constantinou; Fiscal Year: 2002..2) Identify the mechanism of the anticipated additive/synergistic chemopreventive effect between tamoxifen and the active soy component. ..
- CYCLIC AMP/ADENOSINE PATHWAYEdwin Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- GROWTH FACTOR SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION AND NEUROTRANSMISSIONDANIEL MONAGHAN; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Student Travel to the Environmental Mutagen SocietyMichael Plewa; Fiscal Year: 2003..Awards will be made without regard to gender, race or ethnicity or disability. ..
- MECHANISM OF CHRONIC ALCOHOL INDUCED CARDIOMYOPATHYChe Ping Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies are necessary to extend our knowledge about the mechanism in the development of ADCM and help target therapy for ADCM. ..
- FATIGUE, SLEEP AND CIRCADIAN RHYTHMS IN BREAST CANCERSonia Ancoli Israel; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results will provide a scientific basis for future intervention studies, particularly studies with light therapy which can re-synchronize rhythms. ..
- Metabolism of Carcinogens and Drugs by Human P450sF Guengerich; Fiscal Year: 2005..Successful completion of these collective studies should provide better understanding of the ways in which human P450s catalyze oxidation of carcinogens and drugs and the significance of variations in these enzymes. ..
- MAGNESIUM AND SICKLE CELL DISEASECarlo Brugnara; Fiscal Year: 2005..These aims are consistent with the long-term goals of the applicant, who is focused on the study on membrane transport and volume regulation and the continued development of new therapies for sickle cell disease. ..
- Chemokines and microglia in Alzheimer's diseaseJoseph El Khoury; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Extended Cardiac PreservationGREGORY FAHY; Fiscal Year: 2005..Should that be the case, the combination product, URS with an intermittent perfusion system, will be tested with greater priority. ..
- Comparative Study of Influenza Vaccines in AdultsARNOLD MONTO; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results will help to determine how the vaccine may be used as part of the strategy to combat influenza in varying situations. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Beta3-Adrenergic Receptor & Progression to Heart FailureChe Ping Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, provide valuable new insight into the mechanism of the progression of functional impairment in CHF, and may assist in specifically targeting therapy for CHF. ..
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF ANTITUMOR AGENTSMICHAEL CRIMMINS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Laulimalide stimulates tubulin polymerization more effectively than paclitaxel. Laulimalide is a representative of a new class of microtubule stabilizing agents with promise for therapeutic potential. ..
- Asymmetric Synthesis of Bioactive Chiral AminesGREGORY FRIESTAD; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the long term, these endeavors will advance the art and science of synthetic organic chemistry toward the ideal of efficiency, a long-term goal which remains mostly inaccessible in syntheses of complex natural products. ..
- A3 Adenosine Receptors Cardioprotective MechanismsJohn Auchampach; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of theses studies should also provide new insights into the therapeutic utility of targeting A3ARs in patients with ischemic heart disease. ..
- PHASE RESPONSE CURVES FOR EXERCISE AND BRIGHT LIGHTDANIEL KRIPKE; Fiscal Year: 2002..Resultant circadian phases will then be determined to compute the phase response curves, in order to examine interactions of stimulus (exercise vs. light), age, and gender on circadian responsiveness. ..
- ALPHA-2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL OF COLONIC FUNCTION IN IBSMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- VERIFICATION OF CIRCADIAN ABNORMALITIES IN AGINGDANIEL KRIPKE; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- GENETIC VARIANTS IN CIRCADIAN RHYTHM SLEEP DISORDERSDANIEL KRIPKE; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ILLUMINATION IN HUMAN AGING: SLEEP AND MOOD EFFECTSDANIEL KRIPKE; Fiscal Year: 2004..The success of the treatment in lowering the GDS depression score and in reducing sleep complaints will be examined. ..
- Light Stimulation of Luteinizing HormoneDANIEL KRIPKE; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..