Genomes and Genes
Summary: Methylester of cellulose. Methylcellulose is used as an emulsifying and suspending agent in cosmetics, pharmaceutics and the chemical industry. It is used therapeutically as a bulk laxative.
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- A novel system for three-pulse drug release based on "tablets in capsule" deviceBin Li
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210038, PR China
Int J Pharm 352:159-64. 2008..However, lactose favored it. The results reveal that programmed drug delivery to achieve pulsatile drug release for three times daily can be obtained from these tablets in capsule system by systemic formulation approach...
- Zero-order release of aspirin, theophylline and atenolol in water from novel methylcellulose glutarate matrix tabletsA Khairuzzaman
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Long Island University, University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
Int J Pharm 318:15-21. 2006A novel hydrocolloidal polymer, methylcellulose glutarate (MC-GA), was prepared by esterifying methylcellulose with glutaric anhydride. The formation of ester was confirmed by FTIR and NMR spectroscopy, DSC and elemental analysis...
- Management of irritable bowel syndrome in primary care: feasibility randomised controlled trial of mebeverine, methylcellulose, placebo and a patient self-management cognitive behavioural therapy website. (MIBS trial)Hazel A Everitt
Primary Medical Care, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton SO17 1BJ, UK
BMC Gastroenterol 10:136. 2010..We have developed a web-based CBT self-management programme, Regul8, based on an existing evidence based self-management manual and in partnership with patients. This could increase access with minimal increased costs...
- In vitro release kinetics and bioavailability of gastroretentive cinnarizine hydrochloride tabletRamesh C Nagarwal
Department of Pharmaceutics, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, Uttar Pradesh, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 11:294-303. 2010..release of CNZ from different floating matrix formulations containing four viscosity grades of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, sodium alginate or polyethylene oxide, and gas-forming agent (sodium bicarbonate or calcium carbonate) was ..
- Extended release of high molecular weight hydroxypropyl methylcellulose from molecularly imprinted, extended wear silicone hydrogel contact lensesCharles J White
Biomimetic and Biohybrid Materials, Biomedical Devices, and Drug Delivery Laboratories, Department of Chemical Engineering, 212 Ross Hall, Auburn University, AL 36849, United States
Biomaterials 32:5698-705. 2011..an extended wear silicone hydrogel contact lens with extended, controllable release of 120 kDa hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) using a molecular imprinting strategy...
- Enhanced oral bioavailability of a poorly water soluble drug PNU-91325 by supersaturatable formulationsPing Gao
Worldwide Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pfizer Inc, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49007, USA
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:221-9. 2004..systems (S-SEDDS) are designed to incorporate water soluble cellulosic polymers such as hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), which may inhibit or retard drug precipitation in vivo...
- Trypanosoma brucei gambiense: HMI-9 medium containing methylcellulose and human serum supports the continuous axenic in vitro propagation of the bloodstream formN Van Reet
Institute of Tropical Medicine, Department of Parasitology, Nationalestraat 155, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Exp Parasitol 128:285-90. 2011..b. brucei strains, based on methylcellulose containing HMI-9 medium, also facilitated the continuous in vitro propagation of other bloodstream form ..
- Swelling, erosion and drug release characteristics of salbutamol sulfate from hydroxypropyl methylcellulose-based matrix tabletsFaith A Chaibva
Faculty of Pharmacy, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 36:1497-510. 2010..Hydrophilic matrix formulations are important and simple technologies that are used to manufacture sustained release dosage forms...
- Critical evaluation of methylcellulose as an alternative medium in sperm migration testsAna Ivic
The Assisted Conception Unit, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham B15 2TG, UK
Hum Reprod 17:143-9. 2002The aim of this study was to evaluate the ability of human spermatozoa to penetrate methylcellulose (MC) and to compare this with penetration in hyaluronic acid.
- Engineering cartilage with human nasal chondrocytes and a silanized hydroxypropyl methylcellulose hydrogelC Vinatier
INSERM U 791, Laboratory of Osteoarticular and Dental Tissue Engineering, LIOAD, University of Nantes, France
J Biomed Mater Res A 80:66-74. 2007..In this study, the authors aimed at determining whether a recently developed silanized hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (Si-HPMC) hydrogel can be a suitable scaffold for human nasal chondrocytes (HNC)-based cartilage engineering...
- Fast-gelling injectable blend of hyaluronan and methylcellulose for intrathecal, localized delivery to the injured spinal cordDimpy Gupta
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto, 200 College Street, Toronto, Ont, Canada
Biomaterials 27:2370-9. 2006..A gel that meets these design criteria is a blend of hyaluronan and methylcellulose (HAMC). Unlike other injectable gels, HAMC is already at the gelation point prior to injection...
- Rheological characterization of the bundling transition in F-actin solutions induced by methylcelluloseSimone Köhler
Lehrstuhl für Biophysik E27, Technische Universitat Munchen, Garching, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e2736. 2008..Therefore, additives are widely used to increase the solvent viscosity. For this purpose, methylcellulose (MC) has been proven highly effective as already small concentrations can significantly slow down diffusive ..
- In-vitro and in-vivo erosion profiles of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (HPMC) matrix tabletsManish Ghimire
Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow G4 0NR, UK
J Control Release 147:70-5. 2010..The study demonstrated that a matrix formulation with a lower concentration of HPMC and higher lactose concentration is more likely to perform poorly in the in-vivo environment...
- Formulation and evaluation of a gastroretentive dosage form of labetalol hydrochlorideHarshal Garse
Bharati Vidyapeeth s College of Pharmacy, University of Mumbai, Sector 8, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai, 400614, Maharashtra, India
Arch Pharm Res 33:405-10. 2010..Formulation was optimized using Stat-Ease Design Expert 7.1 software. Optimized batch was evaluated for the effect of change of osmolarity and pH on drug release, floating and swelling behaviour...
- Differentiation of HPV-containing cells using organotypic "raft" culture or methylcelluloseRegina Wilson
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Methods Mol Med 119:157-69. 2005..Differentiation in organotypic raft cultures as well as upon suspension in semi-solid media have been used to study both early and late stages of the viral life cycle...
- Comprehensive investigation of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, propylene glycol, polysorbate 80, and hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin for use in general toxicology studiesEVAN A THACKABERRY
Merck Research Laboratories, Department of Safety Assessment, Lafayette, New Jersey 07848, USA
Toxicol Sci 117:485-92. 2010..Twenty (20) mg/kg of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (MC, control), 10 mg/kg PS80, 1000 mg/kg PG, 500 mg/kg HPβCD, or 1000 mg/kg HPβCD were administered by oral ..
- Affinity-based release of chondroitinase ABC from a modified methylcellulose hydrogelMalgosia M Pakulska
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON M5S 1A1, Canada
J Control Release 171:11-6. 2013..The release of active ChABC-SH3 was sustained from a methylcellulose hydrogel covalently modified with an SH3 binding peptide...
- Bioavailability and in vitro oesophageal sticking tendency of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose capsule formulations and corresponding gelatine capsule formulationsOuti Honkanen
Department of Pharmacy, University of Helsinki, P O Box 56, Finland
Eur J Pharm Sci 15:479-88. 2002..of the present study was to widen our knowledge about the biopharmaceutical behaviour of novel hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC)-based two-piece capsules by comparing them with the classic hard gelatine capsules...
- Influence of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose polymer on in vitro and in vivo performance of controlled release tablets containing alprazolamVorapann Mahaguna
College of Pharmacy, Austin, TX, USA
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 56:461-8. 2003The purpose of this study was to investigate the influence of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) molecular weight on pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic parameters of controlled release formulations containing alprazolam...
- Curative and preventive activity of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose-lipid edible composite coatings containing antifungal food additives to control citrus postharvest green and blue moldsSilvia A Valencia-Chamorro
Centro de Tecnologia Poscosecha, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias, 46113 Moncada, Valencia, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 57:2770-7. 2009Edible composite coatings based on hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), lipid components (beeswax and shellac), and food preservatives with antifungal properties were evaluated in vivo on clementine mandarins cv...
- Development of photocrosslinked methylcellulose hydrogels for soft tissue reconstructionSimone S Stalling
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Acta Biomater 5:1911-8. 2009A variety of materials have been used as fillers for soft tissue augmentation. In this study, methylcellulose (MC), a water-soluble derivative of the polysaccharide cellulose, was modified with functional methacrylate groups and ..
- Efficacy of methylcellulose and loperamide in managing fecal incontinenceEddie H M Sze
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Division of Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 88:766-71. 2009To evaluate the efficacy of methylcellulose (Citrucel) and loperamide (Imodium) in managing fecal incontinence by comparing cure rates with expectant management.
- Preparation and in vitro evaluation of sustained release tablet formulations of diclofenac sodiumAyhan Savaser
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Etlik, 06018 Ankara, Turkey
Farmaco 60:171-7. 2005..This formulation also exhibited the best-fitted formulation into the zero order kinetics. The precision and accuracy of the analytical method were also checked. The repeatability and reproducibility of the method were also determined...
- Accelerated release of a sparingly soluble drug from an injectable hyaluronan-methylcellulose hydrogelYuanfei Wang
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto, 200 College Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 3E5
J Control Release 140:218-23. 2009An injectable hydrogel, comprised of hyaluronan and methylcellulose (HAMC), shows promise for localized, sustained delivery of growth factors for treatment of spinal cord injury (SCI)...
- Scratch resistance of plasticized hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) films intended for tablet coatingsKalle Hanhijärvi
Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 74:371-6. 2010Scratch resistance (SR) of externally plasticized hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) films intended for tablet film coatings was studied...
- Evaluation of methylcellulose and dimethyl sulfoxide as the cryoprotectants in a serum-free freezing media for cryopreservation of adipose-derived adult stem cellsSreedhar Thirumala
Bioengineering Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803, USA
Stem Cells Dev 19:513-22. 2010..Our results suggest that post-thaw ASC viability, adipogenic and osteogenic differentiability can be maintained even when they are frozen in the absence of serum but with a minimal concentration of 2% DMSO in DMEM...
- Release characteristics and in vitro-in vivo correlation of pulsatile pattern for a pulsatile drug delivery system activated by membrane rupture via osmotic pressure and swellingHong Liang Lin
College of Pharmacy, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan, ROC
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 70:289-301. 2008..2 solution and the in vivo release rate was better reflected by that performed in pH 6.8 buffer...
- Assembled modules technology for site-specific prolonged delivery of norfloxacinPaulo Renato Oliveira
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Quality Control Laboratory, J K 207, 88040 900 Florianopolis SC, Brazil
Int J Pharm 405:90-6. 2011..The assembled systems were able to float in vitro for up to 240min, indicating that this drug delivery system of norfloxacin could provide gastro-retentive site-specific release for increasing norfloxacin bioavailability...
- An injectable bone substitute composed of beta-tricalcium phosphate granules, methylcellulose and hyaluronic acid inhibits connective tissue influx into its implantation bed in vivoS Ghanaati
Institute of Pathology, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
Acta Biomater 7:4018-28. 2011..triphasic and injectable paste-like bone-substitute material composed of beta-tricalcium phosphate (β-TCP), methylcellulose and hyaluronic acid was analyzed...
- Sterilized ophthalmic hydrogels with hydroxypropyl methylcellulose: determination and mathematical treatment of flow propertiesZdenek Zatloukal
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Pharmacy, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Pharm Dev Technol 12:55-60. 2007..the influence of electrolytes on the viscosity of sterilized hydrogels containing 60 g/L of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC 4000) was investigated...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic evaluation of the anti-cataract effect of eye drops containing disulfiram and low-substituted methylcellulose using ICR/f rats as a hereditary cataract modelNoriaki Nagai
Faculty of Pharmacy, Kinki University, Osaka, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 35:239-45. 2012We attempted to develop anti-cataract eye drops using disulfiram (DSF) and low-substituted methylcellulose (MC), and evaluated their anti-cataract effect in terms of the lens opacification vs...
- Methylcellulose as a rectal contrast agent for MR imaging of rectal carcinomaJeffrey Seow Kuang Goh
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433
AJR Am J Roentgenol 178:1145-6. 2002
- Matrices containing NaCMC and HPMC 2. Swelling and release mechanism studyS Conti
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Via Taramelli, 12, I 27100 Pavia, Italy
Int J Pharm 333:143-51. 2007..In these buffers, MB systems maintain a constant drug release rate coupling diffusion and erosion mechanism: the gel and infiltrated layers thicknesses are maintained constant and a zero-order release kinetics can be achieved...
- Use of a commercial methylcellulose medium with and without recombinant bovine granulocyte colony-stimulating factor for culturing bovine bone marrow cellsSonya L Keller
Department of Pathobiology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
Can J Vet Res 68:157-9. 2004A commercial methylcellulose culture medium, with and without the addition of recombinant bovine granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (rbG-CSF), was utilized for culturing bovine bone marrow cells in a colony-forming unit assay...
- Effects of miglyol 812 on rats after 4 weeks of gavage as compared with methylcellulose/tween 80Rani S Sellers
Non Clinical Development Safety, Hoffman La Roche, Nutley, New Jersey 07110, USA
Drug Chem Toxicol 28:423-32. 2005..5% methylcellulose/0...
- Synthesis and general properties of silated-hydroxypropyl methylcellulose in prospect of biomedical useXavier Bourges
INSERM E 99 03, Laboratoire des Tissus Calcifiés, Faculte de Chirurgie Dentaire, 1 Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44042 Nantes, France
Adv Colloid Interface Sci 99:215-28. 2002..e. pH, silane percentage and temperature. Minimum kinetic of the condensation was observed for pH between 5.5 and 6.5. So temperature catalyzed the reaction and the self-hardening speed was increased by silane percentage...
- Sustained release of acetaminophen from a heterogeneous mixture of two hydrophilic non-ionic cellulose ether polymersNkere K Ebube
Wyeth Consumer Healthcare, 1211 Sherwood Avenue, Richmond, VA 23261, USA
Int J Pharm 272:19-27. 2004This study examined the release of acetaminophen (APAP) from hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) and hydroxypropyl cellulose (HPC) matrices...
- Analysis and modeling of swelling and erosion behavior for pure HPMC tabletSerafina Chirico
Department of Chemical and Food Engineering, University of Salerno, Fisciano SA, Italy
J Control Release 122:181-8. 2007..Even if the model was already used in literature, the novelty of our approach is to compare model predictions with a complete set of experimental data, confirming that the main phenomena were correctly identified and described...
- Correlation between the permeability of metoprolol tartrate through plasticized isolated ethylcellulose/hydroxypropyl methylcellulose films and drug release from reservoir pelletsZhi Wei Ye
Laboratorium voor Farmacotechnologie en Biofarmacie, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 67:485-90. 2007..The present study investigates if drug diffusion through plasticized isolated ethylcellulose (EC)/hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) films prepared by solvent casting can be used as a tool to develop spray-coated dosage forms...
- Study of the critical points of HPMC hydrophilic matrices for controlled drug deliveryAntonia Miranda
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Seville, 41012 Seville, Spain
Int J Pharm 311:75-81. 2006....
- Fabrication of modified release tablet formulation of metoprolol succinate using hydroxypropyl methylcellulose and xanthan gumMukesh C Gohel
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology, L M College of Pharmacy, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 10:62-8. 2009..investigation was undertaken to fabricate modified release tablet of metoprolol succinate using hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) and xanthan gum as a matrixing agent...
- Validation of macroscopic attenuated total reflection-Fourier transform infrared imaging to study dissolution of swelling pharmaceutical tabletsJaap van der Weerd
Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemical Technology, Imperial College London, SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
Appl Spectrosc 58:1413-9. 2004..reflection (ATR) infrared imaging is applied to study the dissolution of realistically sized hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) tablets...
- Hypocholesterolemic effects of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose are mediated by altered gene expression in hepatic bile and cholesterol pathways of male hamstersGlenn E Bartley
Processed Foods Research, Western Regional Research Center, USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Albany, CA 94710, USA
J Nutr 140:1255-60. 2010Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), a semisynthetic, nonfermentable soluble dietary fiber, is not absorbed by the body, but its presence in the intestinal lumen increases fecal fat, sterol, and bile acid excretions and decreases ..
- Spatially resolved solvent interaction with glassy HPMC polymers studied by magnetic resonance microscopyJadwiga Tritt-Goc
Institute of Molecular Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences, M Smoluchowskiego 17, 60 179 Poznan, Poland
Solid State Nucl Magn Reson 28:250-7. 2005..The influence of the molecular mass of the HPMC polymers on swelling properties has been shown...
- Magnetic resonance imaging and image analysis for assessment of HPMC matrix tablets structural evolution in USP Apparatus 4Piotr Kulinowski
Department of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Institute of Nuclear Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences, ul Radzikowskiego 152, 31 342 Krakow, Poland
Pharm Res 28:1065-73. 2011..The results of the study were verified by comparison with other approaches presented in literature...
- Variations in rigidity and ligand density influence neuronal response in methylcellulose-laminin hydrogelsSARAH E STABENFELDT
Petit Institute for Bioengineering and Bioscience, Laboratory for Neuroengineering, W H Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Acta Biomater 7:4102-8. 2011..To this end, we developed and characterized a tunable 3-D methylcellulose (MC) hydrogel polymeric system tethered to laminin-1 (MC-x-LN) across a range of substrate rigidities (G* ..
- Observation of swelling process and diffusion front position during swelling in hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose (HPMC) matrices containing a soluble drugP Colombo
Department of Pharmacy, University of Parma, 43100, Parma, Italy
J Control Release 61:83-91. 1999..The physical analysis of such systems clearly showed the importance of drug solubility and loading in the observation of the diffusion front...
- Detection of organophosphorus pesticides using potentiometric enzymatic membrane biosensor based on methylcellulose immobilizationJinzhong Zhang
College of Resources and Environment, Southwest University, Chongqing 400716, PR China
Anal Sci 25:511-5. 2009..was a pH electrode modified with an immobilized acetylcholinesterase layer formed by entrapment with methylcellulose, N,N-dimethylformamide, and bovine serum albumin...
- Study of the critical points of experimental HPMC-NaCMC hydrophilic matricesL Contreras
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Seville, 41012 Seville, Spain
Int J Pharm 386:52-60. 2010..The knowledge of this critical barrier will be useful in order to optimize the design of the ternary hydrophilic matrix systems...
- Agarose and methylcellulose hydrogel blends for nerve regeneration applicationsBenton C Martin
Regeneration and Repair Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI 49931 1295, USA
J Neural Eng 5:221-31. 2008..Our studies have shown that thermoreversible methylcellulose can be combined with agarose to create hydrogel blends that accommodate these properties...
- Magnetic resonance imaging and X-ray microtomography studies of a gel-forming tablet formulationP R Laity
Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 74:109-19. 2010..Thus, MRI and XmicroT may be regarded as complementary methods for studying the hydration and swelling behaviour of tablets...
- Application of percolation theory in the study of an extended release Verapamil hydrochloride formulationTamara Gonçalves-Araújo
Departamento de Farmacia y Tecnologia Farmaceutica, Universidad de Sevilla, C Profesor García González 2, Sevilla 41012, Spain
Int J Pharm 361:112-7. 2008..Above 20% (v/v) HPMC, an infinite cluster of excipient would be formed, ensuring uniform hydration, maintaining integrity of the system and controlling the drug release...
- The influence of excipients on drug release from hydroxypropyl methylcellulose matricesMarina Levina
Colorcon Limited, Flagship House, Victory Way, Crossways, Dartford, Kent DA2 6QD, UK
J Pharm Sci 93:2746-54. 2004..cellulose (MCC), and partially pregelatinized maize starch (Starch 1500) on drug release from hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC, hypromellose) matrix system has been investigated...
- Characterization and optimization of AMG 517 supersaturatable self-emulsifying drug delivery system (S-SEDDS) for improved oral absorptionPing Gao
Department of Pharmaceutics, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
J Pharm Sci 98:516-28. 2009..This case demonstrates that S-SEDDS technology is an effective approach for improving the rate and extent of absorption of poorly soluble drugs...
- Comparative evaluation of the hypolipidemic effects of hydroxyethyl methylcellulose (HEMC) and hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) in high fat-fed miceSu Jeong Ban
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, Republic of Korea
Food Chem Toxicol 50:130-4. 2012The effect of hydroxyethyl methylcellulose (HEMC), in comparison with hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), on the body weight and lipid metabolism in mice fed with high fat diet was investigated...
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose acetate succinate-based spray-dried dispersions: an overviewDwayne T Friesen
Bend Research Inc, 64550 Research Road, Bend, Oregon 97701, USA
Mol Pharm 5:1003-19. 2008Spray-dried dispersions (SDDs) of low-solubility drugs have been prepared using the polymer hydroxypropyl methylcellulose acetate succinate (HPMCAS)...
- Formulation optimization of solid dispersion of mosapride hydrochlorideHye Jin Kim
College of Pharmacy, Sookmyung Women s University, Seoul 140 742, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 34:1467-75. 2011..These results indicate that the solid dispersion formulation containing PVP/Eudragit RSPO or HPMC mixture could serve as a good controlled-release system for MSP...
- Effect of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose on obesity and glucose metabolism in a diet-induced obesity mouse modelShao Ching Hung
The Dow Chemical Company, Analytical Sciences, Midland, Michigan 48667, USA
J Diabetes 3:158-67. 2011To investigate the effect of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) on weight loss and metabolic disorders associated with obesity using a high-fat diet-induced obese mouse model under a high-fat diet regimen.
- Studies of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose donut-shaped tabletsK Cheng
Zhongkun Pharmaceutical Research Institute, School of Pharmacy, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 25:1067-71. 1999..As the drug solubility increased, the duration of linear drug release was shortened. However, three stirring rates (50 rpm, 100 rpm, 150 rpm) had little effect on the drug release...
- Crystallization of hydrocortisone acetate: influence of polymersS L Raghavan
Medway Sciences, NRI University of Greenwich, Central Avenue, Maritime, Kent ME44TB, Chatham, UK
Int J Pharm 212:213-21. 2001The influence of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), methylcellulose (MC), polyvinyl pyrrolidone (PVP) and polyethylene glycol (PEG400) on the crystallization of hydrocortisone acetate (HA) was studied...
- Development of a solid supersaturatable self-emulsifying drug delivery system of docetaxel with improved dissolution and bioavailabilityYing Chen
Department of Pharmacy, Wuhan General Hospital of Guangzhou Command, No 627, Wuluo Road, Wuchang Region, Wuhan 430070, PR China
Biol Pharm Bull 34:278-86. 2011..docetaxel (DTX-S-sSEDDS) was prepared by spray drying, using lactose as the solid carrier and hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) as the supersaturation promoter...
- Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose and methylcellulose consumption reduce postprandial insulinemia in overweight and obese men and womenKevin C Maki
Provident Clinical Research, Bloomington, IN, USA
J Nutr 138:292-6. 2008Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (HPMC) and methylcellulose (MC) are modified cellulose dietary fibers that generate viscous solutions in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract...
- Safety assessment of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose as a food ingredientGeorge A Burdock
Burdock Group, 2001 9th Ave Suite 301, Vero Beach, FL 32960, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 45:2341-51. 2007..047 mg/kg body weight/day...
- Development of controlled release captopril granules coated with ethylcellulose and methylcellulose by fluid bed dryerHellen Karine Stulzer
Departamento de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Drug Deliv 15:11-8. 2008Captopril granules of controlled release with different polymers as ethylcellulose, ethyl/methylcellulose, and immediate release with polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) were developed by fluid bed dryer technique...
- Controlled release of dual drug-loaded hydroxypropyl methylcellulose matrix tablet using drug-containing polymeric coatingsB J Lee
Biological Rhythm and Controlled Release Laboratory, College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, South Korea
Int J Pharm 188:71-80. 1999..The dual drug-loaded coating method is also interesting for the modified release of poorly water-soluble drugs because solubilizers and other additives can be added in drug-containing polymeric coating dispersions...
- Controlled drug delivery from swellable hydroxypropylmethylcellulose matrices: model-based analysis of observed radial front movementsSøren Kiil
Department of Chemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Building 229, DK 2800 Kgs, Lyngby, Denmark
J Control Release 90:1-21. 2003..The front-tracking approach illustrated is of relevance in the development of detailed and accurate models of drug delivery from swellable cylindrical matrices involving both axial and radial diffusion...
- Simultaneous probing of swelling, erosion and dissolution by NMR-microimaging--effect of solubility of additives on HPMC matrix tabletsFarhad Tajarobi
AstraZeneca R and D, SE 431 83 Molndal, Sweden
Eur J Pharm Sci 37:89-97. 2009..method has been used to study the influence of the solubility of additives in extended release hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) matrix tablets...
- Modeling of drug release from delivery systems based on hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC)J Siepmann
College of Pharmacy, Universite d Angers, 16 Boulevard Daviers, 49100, Angers, France
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 48:139-57. 2001..the spectrum of mathematical models that have been developed to describe drug release from hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC)-based pharmaceutical devices...
- Natural course of intraocular pressure after cataract surgery with sodium hyaluronate 1% versus hydroxypropylmethylcellulose 2%Georg Rainer
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Ophthalmology 114:1089-93. 2007..To investigate the natural course of intraocular pressure (IOP) after small-incision cataract surgery with sodium hyaluronate 1% versus hydroxypropylmethylcellulose 2%...
- Simultaneous FTIR spectroscopic imaging and visible photography to monitor tablet dissolution and drug releaseSergei G Kazarian
Department of Chemical Engineering, Imperial College London, London, SW7 2AZ, UK
Pharm Res 25:853-60. 2008Previous studies of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC)-based tablet during exposure to water showed a number of 'fronts' moving into the tablet but led to contradictory interpretations...
- Dynamic coating using methylcellulose and polysorbate 20 for nondenaturing electrophoresis of proteins on plastic microchipsMohamad Reza Mohamadi
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
Electrophoresis 28:830-6. 2007A dynamic coating using methylcellulose (MC) and a nonionic detergent (polysorbate 20) was developed, which controlled protein adsorption onto the surface of microchannels on a microchip made of poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)...
- A silanized hydroxypropyl methylcellulose hydrogel for the three-dimensional culture of chondrocytesC Vinatier
INSERM EM 9903, Research Center on Materials with Biological Interest, School of Dental Surgery, University of Nantes, 1 Place Alexis Ricordeau 44042, Nantes Cedex 1, France
Biomaterials 26:6643-51. 2005..We have developed an injectable and self-setting hydrogel consisting of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose grafted with silanol groups (Si-HPMC)...
- Influence of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose on drug release pattern of a gastroretentive floating drug delivery system using a 3(2) full factorial designKalpana Swain
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mohuda, Berhampur, Orissa, India
Pharm Dev Technol 14:193-8. 2009..to study the effect of formulation variables like various viscosity grades and contents of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) and their interactions on response variables...
- An integrated system for dissolution studies and magnetic resonance imaging of controlled release, polymer-based dosage forms-a tool for quantitative assessment of hydrogel formation processesPiotr Kulinowski
Department of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Institute of Nuclear Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences, ul Radzikowskiego 152, 31 342 Krakow, Poland
J Pharm Biomed Anal 48:685-93. 2008..This method seems to be a very promising tool for examining properties of new formulations of CR, polymer-based dosage forms or for comparison of generic and originator dosage forms before carrying out bioequivalence studies...
- Intraocular pressure rise after small incision cataract surgery: a randomised intraindividual comparison of two dispersive viscoelastic agentsG Rainer
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Vienna, Austria
Br J Ophthalmol 85:139-42. 2001To evaluate the effects of the dispersive viscoelastic agents Ocucoat (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose 2%) and Viscoat (sodium chondroitin sulphate 4%-sodium hyaluronate 3%) on postoperative intraocular pressure (IOP) after bilateral small ..
- Formulation and evaluation of Bacillus coagulans-loaded hypromellose mucoadhesive microspheresSk Md Athar Alli
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Int J Nanomedicine 6:619-29. 2011..Test results depict statistically significant effects of the hypromellose grade and their concentration on the performance and release profile of formulations...
- Utility of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose acetate succinate (HPMCAS) for initiation and maintenance of drug supersaturation in the GI milieuWilliam Curatolo
Pfizer Global R and D, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Pharm Res 26:1419-31. 2009..To identify materials and processes which effect supersaturation of the GI milieu for low solubility drugs in order to increase oral bioavailability...
- Characterization and drug release investigation of amorphous drug-hydroxypropyl methylcellulose composites made via supercritical carbon dioxide assisted impregnationKenan Gong
Clean Materials Technology Group, Department of Chemistry, University College London, Christopher Ingold Building, 20 Gordon Street, London WC1H 0AJ, UK
J Pharm Biomed Anal 48:1112-9. 2008..For the HPMC-indomethacin drug composite processed at 130 degrees C/17.2 MPa, drug release behavior obeyed a n-power law (n=0.54)...
- Formulation and release characteristics of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose matrix tablet containing melatoninB J Lee
Biological Rhythm and Controlled Release Laboratory, College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 25:493-501. 1999A hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) matrix tablet containing melatonin (MT) was formulated as a function of HPMC viscosity, drug loading, type and amount of disintegrant, lubricant and glidant, and aqueous polymeric coating level and ..
- Preparation of buccal patch composed of carbopol, poloxamer and hydroxypropyl methylcelluloseMyung Kwan Chun
College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea 501 759
Arch Pharm Res 26:973-8. 2003A polymeric film composed of Carbopol, Poloxamer and hydroxypropyl methylcellulose was prepared to develop a buccal patch and the effects of composition of the film on adhesion time, swelling ratio, and dissolution of the film were ..
- Effect of Healon5 and 4 other viscoelastic substances on intraocular pressure and endothelium after cataract surgeryM P Holzer
Department of Ophthalmology, Humboldt University Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:213-8. 2001..The OVDs used were OcuCoat and Celoftal (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose 2.0%), Viscoat (sodium hyaluronate 3.0%-chondroitin sulfate 4.0%), Healon GV (sodium hyaluronate 1...
- Towards elucidation of the drug release mechanism from compressed hydrophilic matrices made of cellulose ethers. II. Evaluation of a possible swelling-controlled drug release mechanism using dimensionless analysisCarmen Ferrero
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Geneva, University of Lausanne, Quai Ernest Ansermet 30, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
J Control Release 141:223-33. 2010..50, 0.45 and 0.43 for the slab (film), the cylindrical (disk) and the spherical geometry, respectively, as calculated from drug release data using the power law equation...
- Investigation of water mobility and diffusivity in hydrating micronized low-substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose, hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose, and hydroxypropyl cellulose matrix tablets by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)Masazumi Kojima
Tokyo Pharmaceutical Research Center, Pharmaceutical Technology Research Laboratories, Daiichi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Edogaea ku, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 50:1621-4. 2002..Furthermore, the correlation between the T(2) of (1)H proton in the gel-layer of the tablets and the drug release rate from the tablets was observed...
- Influence of beta-cyclodextrin complexation on carbamazepine release from hydroxypropyl methylcellulose matrix tabletsLetícia S Koester
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Farmacêuticas, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 55:85-91. 2003..simply mixed and subsequently incorporated in hydrophilic matrix tablets containing 15 or 30% hydroxypropyl methylcellulose were evaluated...
- The use of hypromellose in oral drug deliveryChi L Li
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, Pharmaceutical Development, New Frontiers Science Park South, Third Avenue, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5AW, UK
J Pharm Pharmacol 57:533-46. 2005....
- [Description of the release of sodium ferulate from hydroxypropyl methylcellulose based matrix tablets in vitro]Feng Qian Li
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 39:389-91. 2004To elucidate the mechanism and to present suitable models for the release of sodium ferulate (SF) from hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) based matrix tablets.
- Preparation and evaluation of nimesulide-loaded ethylcellulose and methylcellulose nanoparticles and microparticles for oral deliveryN R Ravikumara
Research Center for Nanoscience and Technology, Department of Biochemistry, P G Centre, Kuvempu University Shivagangotri, Davangere 577002, India
J Biomater Appl 24:47-64. 2009..assess and compare with a range of surfactant-coated, nimesulide-free, and nimesulide-loaded ethylcellulose/methylcellulose (EC/MC) nanoparticles that were prepared by varying drug concentration (ED/MD), polymer concentration (EP/MP),..
- Quantitative ultra-fast MRI of HPMC swelling and dissolutionYa ying Chen
Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
J Pharm Sci 99:3462-72. 2010..For the first time MRI evidence is presented for a transition swollen glassy layer which resides between the outer edge of the dry tablet core and the inner edge of the gel layer...
- Magnetic resonance imaging study of the swelling kinetics of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (HPMC) in waterJadwiga Tritt-Goc
Institute of Molecular Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences, M Smoluchowskego 17, 60 179 Poznan, Poland
J Control Release 80:79-86. 2002..It was also observed that radial swelling is larger for the system composed of HPMC and water at pH=6 than at pH=2...
- The swelling properties of hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose loaded with tetracycline hydrochloride: magnetic resonance imaging studyJoanna Kowalczuk
Institute of Molecular Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences, M Smoluchowskiego 17, 60 179 Poznan, Poland
Solid State Nucl Magn Reson 25:35-41. 2004..On the other hand the swelling properties of the matrix increase with the amount of drug in the matrix...
- Translocation of drug particles in HPMC matrix gel layer: effect of drug solubility and influence on release rateR Bettini
Department of Pharmacy, University of Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze 27/A, 43100 Parma, Italy
J Control Release 70:383-91. 2001..1%, nitrofutantoin 0.02% w/v,) from hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) matrices by concomitantly studying swelling, diffusion and erosion fronts movement and drug delivery...
- Once-daily tablet formulation and in vitro release evaluation of cefpodoxime using hydroxypropyl methylcellulose: a technical noteHamid A Merchant
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
AAPS PharmSciTech 7:78. 2006
- Combined approach of FTIR imaging and conventional dissolution tests applied to drug releaseJaap van der Weerd
Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemical Technology, Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus, London SW7 2AZ, UK
J Control Release 98:295-305. 2004..A tablet composed of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) and niacinamide was prepared and analysed using this setup...
- Multidetector CT enteroclysis versus barium enteroclysis with methylcellulose in patients with suspected small bowel diseaseLaura Maria Minordi
Dipartimento di Bioimmagini e Scienze Radiologiche, Istituto di Radiologia, UCSC, L go A Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Eur Radiol 16:1527-36. 2006..to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of multidetector-CT enteroclysis (MDCT-E) versus barium enteroclysis with methylcellulose (BE) in clinically selected patients with suspected small bowel disease...
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose: A better submucosal fluid cushion for endoscopic mucosal resectionArnaldo B Feitoza
Developmental Endoscopy Unit, Division of Gastroenterology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 57:41-7. 2003..The feasibility, durability, and histologic response to submucosal fluid cushions created by injection of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose were studied in the esophagus of pigs.
- Evaluation of an injectable bone substitute (betaTCP/hydroxyapatite/hydroxy-propyl-methyl-cellulose) in severely osteopenic and aged ratsS Blouin
INSERM, EMI 0335 LHEA, Faculte de Medecine, 49045 Angers Cedex, France
J Biomed Mater Res A 78:570-80. 2006..IBS1 induced new bone formation shortly after implantation but both IBS1 and woven bone were resorbed without inducing lamellar bone. Biomaterial trials must be conducted with long-term implantation periods, in aged osteoporotic animals...
- Polymer particle erosion controlling drug release. I. Factors influencing drug release and characterization of the release mechanismS Zuleger
, , , D-40225, , Germany
Int J Pharm 217:139-52. 2001....
- Controlled release of drug via methylcellulose-carboxyvinylpolymer interpolymer complex solid dispersionTetsuya Ozeki
Department of Pharmaceutics and Drug Delivery, School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, 1432 1 Horinouchi, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
AAPS PharmSciTech 6:E231-6. 2005..release of phenacetin (PHE) from solid dispersion by the formation of an interpolymer complex between methylcellulose (MC) and carboxyvinylpolymer (CP)...
- Controlled and complete release of a model poorly water-soluble drug, prednisolone, from hydroxypropyl methylcellulose matrix tablets using (SBE)(7m)-beta-cyclodextrin as a solubilizing agentV M Rao
The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, 2095 Constant Avenue, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66047, USA
J Pharm Sci 90:807-16. 2001Sustained-release formulations such as hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC)-based hydrophilic matrix tablets of poorly water-soluble drugs often result in incomplete release because of the poor solubility and dissolution rate of the drug ..
- The effect of citric acid added to hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) matrix tablets on the release profile of vinpocetineShufang Nie
Department of Pharmaceutics, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, PR China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 30:627-35. 2004..The sustained-release matrix tablets of vinpocetine were prepared by direct compression using hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) and different amounts of citric acid to set up a system bringing about gradual release of this drug...
- Intracellular adenosine 5'-triphosphate, adenosine 5'-diphosphate, and adenosine 5'-monophosphate detection by short-end injection capillary electrophoresis using methylcellulose as the effective electroosmostic flow suppressorAngelo Zinellu
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Electrophoresis 29:3069-73. 2008..Moreover, the use of methylcellulose (MC) as run buffer additive to suppress EOF permits to further reduce the migration times of analytes...
- AP Endonuclease 2 in hematopoietic stem cell maintenanceCarol E Schrader; Fiscal Year: 2012..Untreated and irradiated HSC will be analyzed functionally in clonogenic survival assays using methylcellulose cultures and also by transplantation into irradiated recipient mice...
- Niche-induced Signaling in Progenitor B Cell DevelopmentLESLIE ERIC SILBERSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 1 will define how FAK regulates progenitor B cell growth and survival. Both in vitro methylcellulose based colony cell forming cell assays as well as in vivo adoptive transfer experiments will be used to ..
- Zosteric Acid Integrated Thermo-reversible Gels for Preventing Surgical AdhesionsBi min Newby; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Development of Biomaterials that Release Therapeutic Agents to Modulate InflammatRyan J Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2010..Here, we present a novel biomaterial blend composed of agarose and methylcellulose. Prior preliminary data has shown that these blends exist as a liquid at room temperature and quickly ..
- Multifunctional bone putty for craniomaxillofacial bone repairAMBALANGODAGE CHAMPA JAYASURIYA; Fiscal Year: 2013..The bone putty will be implanted into a rat calvarial critical size defect. The outcomes of the bone regeneration from bone putty will be compared with commercially available calcium phosphate cement or collagen sponge with BMP-2. ..
- Impact of Fiber Fermentation on Fecal IncontinenceDonna Bliss; Fiscal Year: 2007..stool will be randomized to receive placebo or 16 g of total fiber/d in gum Arabic, psyllium, or carboxy-methylcellulose, representing three levels of ferment ability (completely, moderately, and non-fermentable, respectively)...
- Acute Phase Treatment of Spinal Cord Injury Using Hydrogel Blends Loaded with GluRyan Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2009..Here, we present a novel biomaterial blend composed of agarose and methylcellulose. Our preliminary data shows that these blends exist as a liquid at room temperature and quickly solidify at ..
- IN VIVO MECHANISMS OF LOCAL STATIN-INDUCED BONERichard Reinhardt; Fiscal Year: 2004..active drug (simvastatin) to be delivered supraperiosteally at varying doses in a sustained-release vehicle (methylcellulose) under an occlusive membrane (polylactic acid) on one side of the mandible, and control vehicle/membrane on ..
- ALLOGENEIC LEUKOCYTE INFUSIONS FOR BREAST CANCERSCOTT BEARMAN; Fiscal Year: 2000..In addition, myeloid (CFU-GM) and erythroid (BFU-E) progenitors were grown in methylcellulose and all colonies evaluated were of donor origin by FISH...
- CELL WALL SYNTHESIS DURING GROWTH & DIVISION OF BACTERIAStephen Cooper; Fiscal Year: 1993..Both the membrane-elution method and the standard method will be used to analyze the stability of peptidoglycan in different bacteria under identical conditions...
- REGULATION OF HUMAN MEGAKARYOCYTOPOIESISAlan Gewirtz; Fiscal Year: 1992..will be 1) hematopoietic cell culture in a variety of semi-solid support matricies including plasma clot and methylcellulose, 2) counterflow centrigual elutriation for the isolation and enrichment of human bone marrow megakaryocytes, ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF RNA TUMOR VIRUS REPLICATIONRALPH SMITH; Fiscal Year: 1990..by an avian osteopetrosis virus, MAV-2(0), will be characterized by examining the colonies that grow in a methylcellulose-based semi-solid medium...
- HIV vectors for stem cell and intrakine gene deliveryRichard Sutton; Fiscal Year: 2004..Readout will include methylcellulose. colony and LT-CIC assays, and repopulation of NOD/SCID mice by transduced cells...
- TGF-B1/IGF-I TO TREAT CHRONIC WOUNDSSamuel Lynch; Fiscal Year: 1993..on wounds in diabetic mice of TGF-beta1, IGF-I or the combination of TGF-beta1/IGF-I delivered in a 2% methylcellulose gel vehicle...
- HEMATOPOIETIC BLAST CELL COLONIES FUNCTIONAL CAPACITYSaul Sharkis; Fiscal Year: 1990..of primitive, agranular, medium-sized, refractile, undifferentiated "blast" cells will be plucked from the methylcellulose, and their functional capacity will be determined...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF BREAST CELL TRANSFORMATIONJose Russo; Fiscal Year: 2000..This correlates with similar loss observed in primary breast cancer. Thus this in vitro model mimics the in vivo situation. ..
- Hematopoietic Support by Adipose-Derived Stromal CellsJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2001..and pluripotent hematopoietic progenitors in short and long term cultures using flow cytometric and methylcellulose assays...
- HIV INFECTION OF BONE MARROW STROMAL CELLSFlorence Hofman; Fiscal Year: 1990..Understanding the role of HIV in altering the bone marrow microenvironment will lead to new therapeutic modalities to inhibit or reverse the effects of viral infection...
- ANTIHER2 CHIMERIC TCR GENE MODIFIED HSCJames Mule; Fiscal Year: 2001..the ability of HSC to self renew and to give rise to progeny myeloid and lymphoid cells by both in vitro (methylcellulose), long term bone marrow cultures, and thymic organ cultures) and in vivo (SCID-hu mice) assays...
- CHIMERISM IN CORD BLOOD TRANSPLANTATION IN MICERona Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..BMT, including competitive repopulation assay, short-term and long-term liquid cultures, and methylcellulose cultures will be employed...
- GENES INVOLVED IN HEMANGIOBLAST COMMITMENT FROM MESODERMScott Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2002..These precursors, in response to VEGF, generate blast cell colonies in methylcellulose cultures that contain both hematopoietic and endothelial precursors...
- ESTABLISHMENT OF PRIMATE SALIVARY GLAND CELL LINESEdwin Azen; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- ROLE OF MICROSATELLITE INSTABILITY IN BREAST CANCERJose Russo; Fiscal Year: 2002..The knowledge gained through this exploratory work will establish the basis for more in dept studies in the role of mismatch repair in breast cancer. ..
- Genomic Markers of Breast Cancer Prevention Induced by hCG in Women at High RiskJose Russo; Fiscal Year: 2008..This knowledge will serve as the basis for establishing novel genomic signatures as intermediate biomarkers for larger preventive clinical trials at the completion of this project. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 4-Hydroxyestradiol Receptor in Breast CancerJose Russo; Fiscal Year: 2005..This plan is in line with goals 1 and 3 of the Breast Cancer Progress Review Group to better understand the biology of the normal mammary gland and of precancerous lesions. ..
- Epigenetic Changes Induced by Estrogens and Xenoestrogens in Breast CancerJose Russo; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fox Chase Cancer Center Breast Cancer Tissue ResourcesJose Russo; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Genomic Basis of Reproductive History on Breast CancerJose Russo; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Anti-proliferative Effects of D-limonene against Prosta*Sanjay Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2005..Successful completion of this application will establish the cancer chemopreventive and/or therapeutic potential of D-limonene against prostate cancer and mechanisms involved with its anti-proliferative response. ..
- BEHAVIORAL PHARMACOLOGY OF OPIOIDSCHARLES FRANCE; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- PEPTIDE REGULATION OF THE CHOROID PLEXUS-CSF SYSTEMConrad Johanson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our long-term goal is to delineate the multifunctional roles of CP in brain fluid homeostasis. ..
- Prostate Cancer Chemoprevention by ApigeninSanjay Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies could be considered as a starting point for an expanded program for the development of apigenin as a promising agent against CaP in humans. ..
- Fourth International Conf. on Relaxin & Related PeptidesORRIN SHERWOOD; Fiscal Year: 2004..Conference web site: http://www.life.uiuc.edu/relaxin2004/ ..
- Age-Related Decrease in A-Beta Peptide Clearance Pathways: CSF and BBBConrad Earl Johanson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Translation: Ap is an expedient marker to analyze aging effects on ISF-CSF relationships, and the compromised solute clearance by malfunctioning barrier systems. This sheds light on neurodegeneration. ..
- Effect of ART on 3D Oral Epithelium & KSHV/RRV InfectionCraig Meyers; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our studies in this application and future studies evolving from them will have a significant impact on health care. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Polarity of Redox Control and Risk of Injury in the Alveolar EpitheliumDean P Jones; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these proposed studies will provide an unprecedented knowledge concerning the subcellular compartmentalization of oxidative stress in the lung. ..
- Chamomile as Medicine for Prostate cancerSanjay Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2009..Completion of the proposed studies will provide a 'head start'to initiate clinical trials in prostate cancer patients and/or high-risk individuals. ..
- CHRONIC ETHANOL: MITOCHONDRIAL DYSFUNCTION AND APOPTOSISLOU ANN SCISM BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) Determine if strategies to relieve ER stress will rescue the alcoholic AT2 cell from its pro-apoptotic phenotype. 4) Determine if relief of ER stress will rescue AT2 cell apoptosis in the alcoholic lung during endotoxemia. ..
- The CXCR4-SDF-1 Axis in Metastatic RhabdomyosarcomaMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work will be of relevance for designing strategies to block the SDF-1-CXCR4 axis to treat CXCR4-positive cancers. ..
- Genetic Analysis of Papillomavirus Virion MorphogenesisCraig Meyers; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Diabetes: Implant Integration, Success, and BenefitThomas W Oates; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ultimately, this information will contribute to the establishment of evidence-based guidelines for the assessment and application of dental implant therapy for patients with diabetes. ..
- Investigating the Molecular Mechanism of Hexose-induced Stress in Lens and RetinaPeter F Kador; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, these studies should help identify new drug targets for the treatment of these diabetic complications. ..
- Erythropoietin receptors in breast cancerMURAT ARCASOY; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- VIRUS SPECIFIC FACTORS OF HSV TO CORNEAL DISEASECURTIS BRANDT; Fiscal Year: 2008..g. isoform A is involved with function B). These studies will add to our knowledge of the role of the US1 protein in ocular HSV infections and may lead to improved therapies. ..
- HPV DIFFERENTIATION DEPENDENT REPLICATIONCraig Meyers; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ALCOHOLISM:ALTERED ALVEOLAR MATRIX AND ACUTE LUNG INJURYLou Ann Brown; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- GHB abuse: chemistry and neurobiologyCHARLES FRANCE; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Inhibition of Prostate Carcinogenesis by ApigeninSanjay Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2003..A successful completion of this application will set a platform to define the role of apigenin as a promising agent against prevention and possibly therapy of prostate cancer in humans. ..
- The Role of Chemokines in Metastatic Prostate CancerRussell Taichman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- OCULAR PATHOGENESIS AND THERAPY OF BACTERIAL KERATITISJames Hill; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Bone and the Hematopoietic SystemRussell Taichman; Fiscal Year: 2004..These investigations will ultimately lead to new strategies for the treatment of hematopoietic and osseous disorders. ..
- Increased Access to Emergency Contraceptive PillsElizabeth Raymond; Fiscal Year: 2004..These secondary analyses should help explain the primary biologic outcomes and should be useful in the development of counseling messages and service protocols in the future. ..
- Microbicidal peptides to prevent viral STD infectionCURTIS BRANDT; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Novel anti-HIV carrageenan-based on microbicidesDavid Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2004..The applicant believes that the proposed research will result in the pre-clinical development of a safe, novel microbicide that is superior in efficacy against HIV. ..
- PREVENTION OF DENTAL CARIESShozo Takagi; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Reactivation of GSTP1 Gene by Green Tea PolyphenolsSanjay Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Hormonal Regulation of the Cervix During PregnancyORRIN SHERWOOD; Fiscal Year: 2006..Treatment with RU 486 alone and in combination with exogenous relaxin will be done at term with relaxin-deficient rats. ..
- Noninvasive breath condensate: ARDS risk in alcoholicsLou Ann Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Promoters for Glaucoma Gene TherapyCURTIS BRANDT; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Multifunctional Antioxidants as Anti-Cataract AgentsPeter Kador; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Aging, Herpesviruses, and Alzheimer's DiseaseJames Hill; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project could lead to strategies to identify high-risk individuals who would be treated with antivirals, thus reducing their risk of developing AD. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BASIS OF HIV BASED THROMBOCYTOPENMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2002..In toto, the studies proposed in this grant will increase the knowledge about pathogenesis of AIDS associated thrombocytopenia and may lead to development of new strategies for its treatment of prevention. (End of Abstract) ..