Genomes and Genes
Summary: A phthalic indicator dye that appears yellow-green in normal tear film and bright green in a more alkaline medium, such as the aqueous humor, and is used therapeutically as a diagnostic aid in corneal injuries and corneal trauma. It has been approved by FDA for use in externally applied drugs and cosmetics. (From Merck Index, 12th ed; American Medical Association Drug Evaluations; 1995, p2275)
Publications331 found, 100 shown here
- Development and validation of an improved oxygen radical absorbance capacity assay using fluorescein as the fluorescent probeB Ou
Brunswick Laboratories, 6 Thacher Lane, Wareham, Massachusetts 02571, USA
J Agric Food Chem 49:4619-26. 2001An improved method of oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) assay has been developed and validated using fluorescein (3',6'-dihydroxyspiro[isobenzofuran-1[3H],9'[9H]-xanthen]-3-one) as the fluorescent probe...
- Intracellular localization and trafficking of fluorescein-labeled cisplatin in human ovarian carcinoma cellsRoohangiz Safaei
Department of Medicine, and the Rebecca and John Moores Cancer Center, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA 92093, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:756-67. 2005..We sought to identify the subcellular compartments in which cisplatin [cis-diamminedichloroplatinum (DDP)] accumulates in human ovarian carcinoma cells and define its export pathways...
- Segmentation of blood vessels from red-free and fluorescein retinal imagesM Elena Martinez-Perez
Department of Computer Science, Institute of Research in Applied Mathematics and Systems, UNAM, Apdo Postal 20 726, Mexico, DF 01000, Mexico
Med Image Anal 11:47-61. 2007..The algorithm is tested on red-free and fluorescein retinal images, taken from two local and two public databases...
- Extending applicability of the oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC-fluorescein) assayAlberto Davalos
Instituto de Fermentaciones Industriales CSIC, Juan de la Cierva 3, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 52:48-54. 2004The ORAC-fluorescein (ORAC-FL) method recently validated using automatic liquid handling systems has now been adapted to manual handling and using a conventional fluorescence microplate reader...
- Agreement of time-domain and spectral-domain optical coherence tomography with fluorescein leakage from choroidal neovascularizationRahul N Khurana
Retina Division, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins Medical Institute, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Ophthalmology 117:1376-80. 2010To compare fluorescein leakage from choroidal neovascularization (CNV) with signs of intraretinal or subretinal fluid on time-domain optical coherence tomography (TD-OCT) and spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT) in ..
- A mouse dry eye model induced by topical administration of benzalkonium chlorideZhirong Lin
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Mol Vis 17:257-64. 2011..To develop a dry eye model of mouse induced by topical administration of benzalkonium chloride (BAC) and investigate the possible mechanisms...
- Assessing the severity of keratitis sicca with videokeratoscopic indicesCintia Sade de Paiva
Ocular Surface Center, Department of Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Ophthalmology 110:1102-9. 2003..To determine the correlation between the regularity indices of the Tomey TMS-2N computerized videokeratoscopy (CVK) instrument (Tomey, Waltham, MA) with conventional measures of dry eye symptoms and disease...
- Blood-brain barrier breakdown and repair by Src after thrombin-induced injuryDa Zhi Liu
Department of Neurology, University of California at Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Ann Neurol 67:526-33. 2010..Thrombin mediates the life-threatening cerebral edema that occurs after intracerebral hemorrhage. Therefore, we examined the mechanisms of thrombin-induced injury to the blood-brain barrier (BBB) and subsequent mechanisms of BBB repair...
- The safety of intravenous fluorescein for confocal laser endomicroscopy in the gastrointestinal tractM B Wallace
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 31:548-52. 2010..Fluorescent contrast agents are used to optimize imaging with CLE, and intravenous fluorescein is the most widely used contrast agent. Fluorescein is FDA-cleared for diagnostic angiography of the retina...
- Improvement of corneal barrier function by the P2Y(2) agonist INS365 in a rat dry eye modelT Fujihara
Santen Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Nara Research and Development Center, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:96-100. 2001..Accordingly, the effects of such an agonist INS365 on these parameters were characterized in a rat dry eye model...
- A randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled, multicenter comparison of loteprednol etabonate ophthalmic suspension, 0.5%, and placebo for treatment of keratoconjunctivitis sicca in patients with delayed tear clearanceStephen C Pflugfelder
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 138:444-57. 2004..To evaluate loteprednol etabonate ophthalmic 0.5% suspension, versus placebo for treatment of the inflammatory component of keratoconjunctivitis sicca in patients with delayed tear clearance...
- Fluorescence-guided resection of glioblastoma multiforme by using high-dose fluorescein sodium. Technical noteJun Shinoda
Department of Neurosurgery, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
J Neurosurg 99:597-603. 2003The authors have recently performed a fluorescence-guided tumor resection procedure by using high-dose fluorescein sodium without any special surgical microscopes for the intraoperative visualization of glioblastoma multiforme (GBM), and ..
- Optical coherence tomographic assessment of diabetic macular edema: comparison with fluorescein angiographic and clinical findingsSengul C Ozdek
Department of Ophthalmology, Gazi University, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Ophthalmologica 219:86-92. 2005To compare the optical coherence tomographic (OCT) features with clinical and fluorescein angiographic (FA) findings in patients with diabetic retinopathy.
- Fluorescein-labeled sinistrin as marker of glomerular filtration rateJohannes Pill
Roche Diagnostics GmbH, Sandhofer Str 116, D 68305 Mannheim, Germany
Eur J Med Chem 40:1056-61. 2005..Newly synthesized fluorescein-isothiocyanate (FITC)-sinistrin (FS) with various degrees of labeling was selected by its physicochemical ..
- Comparative photostability studies of BODIPY and fluorescein dyes by using fluorescence correlation spectroscopyBabette Hinkeldey
Biophysical Chemistry, Saarland University, Campus B2 2, 66123 Saarbruecken, Germany
Chemphyschem 9:2019-27. 2008..We apply fluorescence correlation spectroscopy to compare the photostability of four fluorescein and four borondipyrromethene (BODIPY) dyes of similar structure but different triplet yields...
- Intravenous mannitol does not increase blood-brain barrier permeability to inert dyes in the adult rat forebrainKuen Bao Chen
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Science, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Neuroreport 24:303-7. 2013..aimed to determine the potential effect of IV-M on BBB permeability to EBD and a small molecular tracer sodium fluorescein dye (NaF)...
- Improvement of corneal fluorescein staining in post cataract surgery of diabetic patients by an oral aldose reductase inhibitor, ONO-2235H Fujishima
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Dental College, Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 86:860-3. 2002..The effects of an oral aldose reductase inhibitor (ARI) on the ocular surface of diabetic patients after cataract surgery were studied...
- Fluorescein uptake by a monocarboxylic acid transporter in human intestinal Caco-2 cellsKenji Kuwayama
Laboratory of Biophysical Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, 060 0812, Sapporo, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 63:81-8. 2002The fluorescein transport characteristics of the human intestinal epithelial Caco-2 cell line were examined in monolayer cultures...
- Neuroinvasion of fluorescein-positive monocytes in acute simian immunodeficiency virus infectionCandice C Clay
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Research III Building, Room 3400A, University of California Davis Medical Center, 4645 2nd Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Virol 81:12040-8. 2007..Here, upon autologous transfer of fluorescein dye-labeled leukocytes, we demonstrate the trafficking of dye-positive monocytes into the choroid plexus ..
- Fluorescence-guided surgery for glioblastoma multiforme using high-dose fluorescein sodium with excitation and barrier filtersTakeshi Okuda
Department of Neurosurgery, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2, Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, Osaka 589 8511, Japan
J Clin Neurosci 19:1719-22. 2012We have developed a technique of fluorescence-guided surgery using high-dose fluorescein sodium (20mg/kg) with excitation and barrier filters for glioblastoma multiforme surgery...
- Assessment of murine bladder permeability with fluorescein: validation with cyclophosphamide and protamineL Eichel
Department of Urology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York, USA
Urology 58:113-8. 2001..To test these hypotheses, urinary clearance and plasma levels of sodium fluorescein (NaF) were measured in mice before and during cyclophosphamide (CYP) and protamine-induced hemorrhagic cystitis...
- Fluorescein punctate staining traced to superficial corneal epithelial cells by impression cytology and confocal microscopyMaryam Mokhtarzadeh
Jules Stein Eye Institute, Los Angeles, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:2127-35. 2011The basis of fluorescein-associated superficial punctate staining in dry eyes is controversial...
- Tuning the pK(a) of fluorescein to optimize binding assaysLuke D Lavis
Departments of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Anal Chem 79:6775-82. 2007The phenolic pKa of fluorescein varies depending on its environment. The fluorescence of the dye varies likewise. Accordingly, a change in fluorescence can report on the association of a fluorescein conjugate to another molecule...
- Optimal fluorescein dose for intravenous application in miniprobe-based confocal laser scanning microscopy in pigsValentin Becker
2nd Department of Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Ismaningerstr 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
J Biophotonics 4:108-13. 2011..The most frequently used fluorophore is fluorescein sodium administered intravenously...
- Intraoperative assessment of perilymphatic fistulas with intrathecal administration of fluoresceinEckard Gehrking
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Medical University of Lubeck, Germany
Laryngoscope 112:1614-8. 2002..To improve objectivity in the intraoperative visualization of perilymphatic fistulas, we used intrathecal fluorescein for perilymph staining to increase the sensitivity and specificity of diagnosis of perilymphatic fistulas.
- Transport of fluorescein in MDCKII-MRP1 transfected cells and mrp1-knockout miceH Sun
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 284:863-9. 2001..The purpose of this study was to examine the role of MRP1 in the brain distribution of a model organic anion, fluorescein. The substrate specificity of MRP1 for fluorescein was initially determined by examining the accumulation of ..
- Quantitating the concentration of Py-Im polyamide-fluorescein conjugates in live cellsCarey F Hsu
Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:5851-5. 2008Quantitative fluorescence-based methods have been developed to determine the nuclear concentration of polyamide-fluorescein conjugates in cell culture...
- Videoendoscope-guided fluorescein-assisted vitrectomy for phakic malignant glaucomaSimon D M Chen
Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford Eye Hospital, Oxford, England
Arch Ophthalmol 123:1419-21. 2005..We describe a technique of intraocular, videoendoscope-guided, fluorescein-assisted pars plana vitrectomy that enables direct visualization and thorough removal of the anterior vitreous ..
- Fluorescein angiography and adverse drug reactions revisited: the Lions Eye experienceAnthony S L Kwan
Lions Eye Institute, 2 Verdun Street, Nedlands, WA 6009, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 34:33-8. 2006The last major survey of adverse reactions to intravenous fluorescein angiography was performed more than 20 years ago. There have been two recent fatalities involving intravenous fluorescein in Australia...
- Intravenous application of fluorescein for confocal laser scanning microscopy: evaluation of contrast dynamics and image quality with increasing injection-to-imaging timeValentin Becker
II Medical Department Internal Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 68:319-23. 2008..The most commonly used fluorophore is fluorescein sodium given intravenously...
- A flow-injection chemiluminescence method for the determination of human serum albumin, using the reaction of fluorescein-human serum albumin-sodium hypochlorite by the enhancement effect of the cationic surfactant cetyltrimethylammonium bromideChun Bao Huang
School of Chemistry and Applied Chemistry, Huanggang Normal University, Huangzhou 438000, People s Republic of China
Luminescence 22:393-400. 2007The interaction between surfactant and fluorescein was studied, using a fluorescence spectroscopy and flow-injection (FI) chemiluminescence (CL) method...
- Does blood pressure enhance solute transport in the bone lacunar-canalicular system?Wen Li
Graduate Program in Biomechanics and Movement Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Bone 47:353-9. 2010..based on fluorescence recovery after photobleaching (FRAP), we first measured the transport rate of sodium fluorescein (M.W. 376 Da) through the tibial LCS in four anesthetized mice (in the presence of vascular pressure)...
- Identification of a novel vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 inhibitor and its effect for choroidal neovascularization in vivoHidenori Takahashi
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Curr Eye Res 33:1002-10. 2008..To select a novel orally administered VEGFR-2 (KDR/flk-1) specific tyrosine kinase inhibitor in a murine model of choroidal neovascularization (CNV)...
- A fluorimetric method using fluorescein di-beta-D-galactopyranoside for quantifying the senescence-associated beta-galactosidase activity in human foreskin fibroblast Hs68 cellsNae Cherng Yang
Department of Food Science, National Chung Hsing University, 402, Taichung, Taiwan
Anal Biochem 325:337-43. 2004..Here, we modified the X-Gal method by replacing X-Gal with fluorescein di-beta-D-galactopyranoside (FDG) as substrate for SA-betaG, and the activity was measured fluorimetrically...
- Fluorescein redirects a ruthenium-octaarginine conjugate to the nucleusCindy A Puckett
Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:8738-9. 2009The cellular uptake and localization of a Ru-octaarginine conjugate with and without an appended fluorescein are compared...
- Fluorescence properties of fluorescein, tetramethylrhodamine and Texas Red linked to a DNA aptamerJay R Unruh
Department of Chemistry, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66046, USA
Photochem Photobiol 81:682-90. 2005..Comparison of the photophysics of Texas Red (TR), fluorescein and 5'-carboxytetramethylrhodamine (TAMRA)-labeled aptamers reveals surprising differences with significant ..
- Altered blood-brain barrier permeability and its effect on the distribution of Evans blue and sodium fluorescein in the rat brain applied by intracarotid injectionP Kozler
Neurosurgical Clinic, Central Military Hospital, U Vojenske nemocnice 1200, 169 02 Prague 6, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 52:607-14. 2003..study the blood-brain permeability according to the distribution in the rat brain of Evans blue (EB) and sodium fluorescein (NaFl) administered by an intracarotid injection...
- The Saccharomyces cerevisiae weak-acid-inducible ABC transporter Pdr12 transports fluorescein and preservative anions from the cytosol by an energy-dependent mechanismC D Holyoak
Microbiology Department, Unilever Research Colworth, Sharnbrook, Bedford MK44 1LQ, United Kingdom
J Bacteriol 181:4644-52. 1999..Parent and Deltapdr12 mutant cells were grown in the presence of sorbic acid and subsequently loaded with fluorescein. Upon addition of an energy source in the form of glucose, parent cells immediately effluxed fluorescein from ..
- Imaging of nitric oxide in a living vertebrate using a diamino-fluorescein probeSandrine Lepiller
Inserm UMR 866, University of Burgundy, Institut Fédératif de Recherche Santé STIC, 6 Boulevard Gabriel, Dijon F 21000 Dijon, France
Free Radic Biol Med 43:619-27. 2007..Here, we show that the cell-permeant diamino-fluorophore 4-amino-5-methylamino-2'-7'-difluoro-fluorescein diacetate (DAF-FM-DA) can be used to detect NO production sites in a living vertebrate, the zebrafish Danio ..
- Fluorescein as a model molecular calculator with reset capabilityDavid Margulies
Department of Organic Chemistry, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Nat Mater 4:768-71. 2005..Here we report a highly efficient and exceptionally simple molecular arithmetic system based on a plain fluorescein dye, capable of performing a full scale of elementary addition and subtraction algebraic operations...
- Pathogenetic aspects of the glaucomatous optic neuropathy: fluorescein angiographic findings in patients with primary open angle glaucomaOliver Arend
Universitatsklinikum Aachen, Augenklinik der Rheinisch Westfälischen Technischen Hochschule Aachen, Pauwelsstr 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Brain Res Bull 62:517-24. 2004To identify and quantify the role of retinal circulation, capillary leakage and/or nonperfusion of the optic nerve head in digital fluorescein angiography in normal subjects and patients with open angle glaucoma.
- Fluorescein leakage of the optic disc in glaucomatous optic neuropathyOliver Arend
Augenzentrum Alsdorf, Cäcilienstr 9, 52047 Alsdorf, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 243:659-64. 2005To identify and quantify the role of capillary leakage of the optic nerve head in digital fluorescein angiography in normal subjects and patients with open-angle glaucoma.
- Botulinum toxin B-induced mouse model of keratoconjunctivitis siccaOlan Suwan-apichon
Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21286, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:133-9. 2006..To develop a mouse model of human chronic dry eye (keratoconjunctivitis sicca [KCS])...
- Inflammation of the posterior uvea: findings on fundus fluorescein and indocyanine green angiographyRana Altan-Yaycioglu
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Adana Teaching and Medical Research Center, Baskent University, Adana, Turkey
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 14:171-9. 2006To investigate the additional benefit of indocyanine green angiography (ICGA) over fundus fluorescein angiography (FA) in patients with posterior uveal inflammation.
- Novel fluorometric assay for hydroxyl radical prevention capacity using fluorescein as the probeBoxin Ou
Brunswick Laboratories, 6 Thatcher Lane, Wareham, Massachusetts 02571, USA
J Agric Food Chem 50:2772-7. 2002A novel fluorometric method has been developed to evaluate hydroxyl radical prevention capacity using fluorescein (FL) as the probe...
- Unexpected phosphoryl transfer from Asp351 to fluorescein attached to Lys515 in sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPaseDavid B McIntosh
Institute of Infectious Diseases and Molecular Medicine, Division of Chemical Pathology, and National Health Laboratory Services, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Biochemistry 47:6386-93. 2008..is an ion pump whose catalytic cycle includes the transient formation of an acyl phosphate at Asp(351), and fluorescein isothiocyanate is a covalent inhibitor of ATP binding to this pump, known to specifically derivatize Lys(515) ..
- Potentiation of femtosecond laser intratissue refractive index shaping (IRIS) in the living cornea with sodium fluoresceinLana J Nagy
University of Rochester Eye Institute, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:850-6. 2010..To assess the effectiveness of intratissue refractive index shaping (IRIS) in living corneas and test the hypothesis that it can be enhanced by increasing the two-photon absorption (TPA) of the tissue...
- Quantitative in vitro comparison of fluorescein delivery to the eye via impregnated paper strip and volumetric techniquesAhmad M Abdul-Fattah
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Boston, USA
Optom Vis Sci 79:435-8. 2002To compare the quantity of fluorescein delivered to the eye via fluorescein-impregnated paper strips of various sizes and surface areas and via various microliter volumes of fluorescein sodium using an in vitro assay.
- Comparison of contact lens multipurpose solutions by in vitro sodium fluorescein permeability assayRuy Tchao
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4495, USA
CLAO J 28:151-6. 2002This article reports the use of in vitro sodium fluorescein permeability assay to study the effects of various contact lens disinfecting solutions on the integrity of epithelium.
- Transepithelial transport of fluorescein in Caco-2 cell monolayers and use of such transport in in vitro evaluation of phenolic acid availabilityYutaka Konishi
Applied Bioresearch Center, Research and Development Dept, Kirin Brewery Co, Ltd, 3 Miyaharacho, Takasaki shi, Gunma 370 1295, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:2449-57. 2002b>Fluorescein is a marker-dye customary applied to the evaluation of tight-junctional permeability of epithelial cell monolayers. However, the true mechanism for the permeation has not been elucidated...
- Sodium fluorescein as a retinal pH indicator?Martin Hammer
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Jena, Bachstr 18, 07740 Jena, Germany
Physiol Meas 26:N9-12. 2005..Thus, the goal of this investigation was to elucidate whether sodium fluorescein could be used as a retinal pH indicator. Sodium fluorescein solution was diluted in PBS (ratio: 1:150,000)...
- Adverse reaction in patients with drug allergy history after simultaneous intravenous fundus fluorescein angiography and indocyanine green angiographyZhaoan Su
Eye Center, Second Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, No 88 Jiefang Road, Hangzhou, China
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 28:410-3. 2012To examine the safety of outpatient clinic simultaneous intravenous fundus fluorescein angiography (IVFA) and indocyanine green angiography (ICGA) in patients with any/all drug allergy history.
- Comparison of fluorescence of sodium fluorescein in retinal angiography with measurements in vitroJ Ossewaarde-Van Norel
University Medical Center Utrecht, Department of Ophthalmology, E03 136, P O Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biomed Opt 7:190-8. 2002To quantify dye leakage in ocular fluorescein angiography, the arterial concentration of sodium fluorescein has to be determined...
- A new protein conformation indicator based on biarsenical fluorescein with an extended benzoic acid moietyJun Nakanishi
Bioengineering Laboratory, RIKEN, Hirosawa, Wako 351 0198, Japan
Anal Sci 20:273-8. 2004We demonstrate herein a new protein conformation indicator based on biarsenical fluorescein with an extended benzoic acid moiety...
- In vivo ocular fluorophotometry: delivery of fluoresceinated dextrans via transscleral diffusion in rabbitsDamian E Berezovsky
Department of Ophthalmology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:7038-45. 2011..To evaluate the transscleral delivery of fluoresceinated dextrans (FITC-D) with molecular mass up to 70 kDa to the rabbit posterior segment using sub-Tenon injections...
- Assessment of permeability in barrier type of endothelium in brain using tracers: Evans blue, sodium fluorescein, and horseradish peroxidaseMehmet Kaya
Departments of Physiology and Histology and Embryology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Methods Mol Biol 763:369-82. 2011..the basic knowledge on the use of three most commonly performed tracers, namely Evans blue dye, sodium fluorescein, and horseradish peroxidase...
- Corneal fluorescein staining correlates with visual function in dry eye patientsMinako Kaido
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:9516-22. 2011..To investigate the changes in functional visual acuity (VA) and higher order aberrations in dry eye patients...
- A practical strategy to create near-infrared luminescent probes: conversion from fluorescein-based sensorsTakuya Terai
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Chem Commun (Camb) 48:2840-2. 2012..general strategy to synthesize near-infrared luminescent probes by conjugating a Yb(3+) chelate to established fluorescein-based probes...
- Colonic mucosal biopsies obtained during confocal endomicroscopy are pre-stained with fluorescein in vivo and are suitable for histologic evaluationE Coron
Institut des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif INSERM U913, CIC 04 et Service d Hépato Gastroentérologie, Hotel Dieu, CHU de Nantes, France
Endoscopy 44:148-53. 2012Confocal laser endomicroscopy (CLE) with intravenous infusion of fluorescein allows noninvasive, real-time in vivo visualization of gastrointestinal mucosa at ~ × 1000 magnification ("virtual biopsy")...
- Influence of the triplet excited state on the photobleaching kinetics of fluorescein in microscopyL Song
Laboratory of Cytochemistry and Cytometry, Faculty of Medicine, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Biophys J 70:2959-68. 1996..triplet excited state plays an important role in the non-single-exponential photobleaching kinetics of fluorescein in microscopy...
- Channelography: imaging of the aqueous outflow pathway with flexible microcatheter and fluorescein in canaloplastyM C Grieshaber
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Southern Africa, Medunsa, South Africa
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 226:245-8. 2009The aim of this study is to present a new approach to visualize the aqueous outflow system during glaucoma surgery using a flexible microcatheter and fluorescein, called channelography.
- A preservative-and-fluorescein interaction model for benign multipurpose solution-associated transient corneal hyperfluorescenceFrank V Bright
Department of Chemistry, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14260 3000, USA
Cornea 31:1480-8. 2012..To determine the validity of this assumption, the molecular-level interactions of common disinfectants in soft contact lens MPS and the corneal epithelium using an in vitro model were assessed...
- Association between fluorescein leakage and optical coherence tomographic characteristics of microaneurysms in diabetic retinopathyHatsuka Ito
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Retina 33:732-9. 2013To evaluate the characteristics of microaneurysms seen on color fundus photography, fluorescein angiography, and spectral-domain optical coherence tomography in diabetic retinopathy.
- Fluorescein transport properties across artificial lipid membranes, Caco-2 cell monolayers and rat jejunumKatja Berginc
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 66:281-5. 2007Membrane transport characteristics of a paracellular permeability marker fluorescein were evaluated using artificial membrane, Caco-2 cell monolayers and rat jejunum, all mounted in side-by-side diffusion cells...
- Biotin-, fluorescein- and 'clickable' conjugates of phospha-oseltamivir as probes for the influenza virus which utilize selective binding to the neuraminidaseMathew Stanley
Chemistry Division, School of Life Sciences, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
Org Biomol Chem 9:5625-9. 2011The synthesis of conjugates of phospha-oseltamivir to the well established reporter groups fluorescein and biotin and an approach to multimeric inhibitors is described...
- Usefulness of double vital staining with 1% fluorescein and 1% lissamine green in patients with dry eye syndromeKyung Chul Yoon
Department of Ophthalmology and Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Chonnam National University Medical School and Hospital, Gwangju, Korea
Cornea 30:972-6. 2011..staining characteristics of the nasal and temporal conjunctiva as compared with other measures of dry eye and evaluate the qualitative clinical impression of the utility of the double vital staining with fluorescein and lissamine green.
- Fluorescein and radiolabeled Function-Spacer-Lipid constructs allow for simple in vitro and in vivo bioimaging of enveloped virionsElizabeth M Hadac
Department of Molecular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Virol Methods 176:78-84. 2011..A Function-Spacer-Lipid construct (FSL) incorporating fluorescein (FSL-FLRO4) was used to label vesicular stomatitis virus (VSV), measles virus MV-NIS (MV) and influenza virus (..
- Imaging and evaluation of corneal vascularization using fluorescein and indocyanine green angiographyDeepa R Anijeet
Department of Eye and Vision Science, Institute of Ageing and Chronic Disease, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:650-8. 2012To evaluate indocyanine green angiography (ICGA) and fluorescein angiography (FA) in imaging and quantifying corneal neovascularization (CNV).
- Bioavailability of fluorescein from a new drug delivery system in human eyesA Steinfeld
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cologne, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 88:48-53. 2004To assess the ocular bioavailability of fluorescein from a novel drug delivery system compared with one single preservative free eye drop.
- The use of fluorescein in contact lens aftercareIan P Davies
THE VISION CARE INSTITUTE Johnson and Johnson Medical Ltd, Pinewood Campus, Nine Mile Ride, Wokingham RG40 3EW, UK
Cont Lens Anterior Eye 32:187-9. 2009..than 2000 contact lens practitioners across five European countries, who were surveyed on the routine use of fluorescein in soft contact lens aftercare...
- An amphotericin B-fluorescein conjugate as a powerful probe for biochemical studies of the membraneAndreas Zumbuehl
Laboratorium fur Organische Chemie, ETH Honggerberg, HCI H335, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 43:5181-5. 2004
- Alkylglycerol opening of the blood-brain barrier to small and large fluorescence markers in normal and C6 glioma-bearing rats and isolated rat brain capillariesBernhard Erdlenbruch
Kinderklinik der Universität at Göttingen, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 140:1201-10. 2003..2. We investigated the spatial distribution of intracarotid fluorescein sodium and intravenous lissamine-rhodamine B200 (RB 200)-albumin in the brain of normal and C6 glioma-bearing ..
- Distinct patterns of cerebral extravasation by Evans blue and sodium fluorescein in ratsLola Fenghuei Yen
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Science, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 8:e68595. 2013The Evans blue dye (EBD; 961 Da) and the sodium fluorescein dye (NaF; 376 Da) are commonly used inert tracers in blood-brain barrier (BBB) research...
- Direct fluorometric analysis of a newly synthesised fluorescein-labelled marker for glomerular filtration rateJohannes Pill
Roche Diagnostics GmbH, Sandhofer Str 116, 68305, Mannheim, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 382:59-64. 2005..A new method of quantification with fluorescein-isothiocyanate (FITC) sinistrin (FS), a novel GFR marker, has been evaluated...
- Kinetic analysis of fluorescein and dihydrofluorescein effluxes in tumour cells expressing the multidrug resistance protein, MRP1Chantarawan Saengkhae
Laboratoire de Physicochimie Biomoléculaire et Cellulaire LPBC CSSB UMR CNRS 7033, Universite Paris Nord, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, 93017 Bobigny, France
Biochem Pharmacol 65:969-77. 2003..the present study was to quantitatively characterise the transport of anionic compounds dihydrofluorescein and fluorescein (FLU)...
- Detection of SHV beta-lactamases in Gram-negative bacilli using fluorescein-labeled antibodiesAndrea M Hujer
Louis Stokes Cleveland Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Research Service, Cleveland, OH, USA
BMC Microbiol 9:46. 2009..In Gram-negative bacilli, TEM-, SHV-, and CTX-M-type beta-lactamases predominate. Therefore, new and accurate detection methods for these beta-lactamase producing isolates are needed...
- Highly stable and efficient mRNA templates for mRNA-protein fusions and C-terminally labeled proteinsEtsuko Miyamoto-Sato
Department of Biosciences and Informatics, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University, 3 14 1, Hiyoshi, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama 223 8522, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 31:e78. 2003..Here we describe an efficient single-strand ligation (90% of the input mRNAs) using a fluorescein-conjugated polyethylene glycol puromycin (Fluor-PEG Puro) spacer...
- Pharmacological profile and toxicity of fluorescein-labelled sinistrin, a novel marker for GFR measurementsJohannes Pill
Roche Diagnostics GmbH, Sandhofer Strasse 116, 68305, Mannheim, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 373:204-11. 2006..A procedure for such GFR determination has to be safe, accurate and easy to handle. By using the new compound fluorescein isothiocyanate-sinistrin (FS) these requirements are met...
- Cochlear microdialysis for quantification of dexamethasone and fluorescein entry into scala tympani during round window administrationHartmut Hahn
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Tübingen Hearing Research Center, University of Tubingen, Elfriede Aulhorn Str 5, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Hear Res 212:236-44. 2006..Initial experiments used microdialysis probes in small compartments in vitro containing sodium fluorescein. Stable concentrations were observed in large compartments (1000 microl) but significant concentration declines ..
- Synthesis, penetrability and intracellular targeting of fluorescein-tagged peptoids and peptide-peptoid hybridsAsier Unciti-Broceta
School of Chemistry, University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JJ, UK
Bioorg Med Chem 17:959-66. 2009..Using highly optimized microwave based solid-phase chemistry a series of fluorescein-labelled cationic peptoid conjugates were synthesized within 24h and cellular uptake into HeLa, L929 and K562 ..
- Superficial punctate fluorescein staining of the ocular surfaceKeith W Ward
Global Preclinical Development, Bausch and Lomb, Rochester, New York 14603, USA
Optom Vis Sci 85:8-16. 2008..This review presents a survey of the peer-reviewed scientific literature around superficial punctate corneal fluorescein staining.
- Fluorescein sodium-guided surgery in glioblastoma multiforme: a prospective evaluationK Koc
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
Br J Neurosurg 22:99-103. 2008We have evaluated the influence of fluorescein-guided resection on gross total resection (GTR) and survival in a series of patients with GBM...
- Metastatic brain tumor surgery using fluorescein sodium: technical noteT Okuda
Department of Neurosurgery, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 50:382-4. 2007..glioma, the recent employment of fluorescence-guided resection using 5-aminolevulinic acid (5-ALA) or high-dose fluorescein sodium has increased the rate of radical tumor resection...
- An evaluation of Com-B27, a fluorescein-conjugated mouse anti-HLA-B27 reagentE Coates
nsplantation and Immunogenetics Laboratory, Welsh Blood Service, Pontyclun, UK
Eur J Immunogenet 30:271-4. 2003..This combination reagent consists of the fluorescein-conjugated HLA-B27 mouse monoclonal antibody ABC-m3 and a non-conjugated HLA-B7 monoclonal antibody that is ..
- Fluorescein: a rapid, sensitive, nonlethal method for detecting skin ulceration in fishE J Noga
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Vet Pathol 39:726-31. 2002..In this study we demonstrate that use of fluorescein, a nontoxic fluorescent dye, can rapidly and easily detect the presence of skin ulcers in all fish tested, ..
- Enhanced detection of malignant glioma xenograft by fluorescein-human serum albumin conjugateTsugumichi Ichioka
Department of Neurosurgery, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Japan
J Neurooncol 67:47-52. 2004..For this purpose, we conjugated fluorescein and human serum albumin (FLS-HSA) and compared its effectiveness against that of fluorescein-sodium (FLS-Na) ..
- Photophysics of the interaction between a fluorescein derivative and FicollJose M Paredes
Department of Physical Chemistry, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
J Phys Chem A 115:13242-50. 2011..Therefore, our overall data clearly demonstrate that Ficoll is not an inert crowding agent when in the presence of fluorescein derivative dyes.
- Fluorescein kinetics in interstitial fluid harvested from diabetic skin during fluorescein angiography: implications for glucose monitoringA Smith
SpectRx, Inc, Transdermal Systems Group, Norcross, Georgia, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 1:21-7. 1999..This study investigated the time delay between the injection of a small molecular weight fluorescent tracer into the circulation and interstitial fluid...
- The use of fluorescein dye as a predictor of mastectomy skin flap viability following autologous tissue reconstructionAlbert Losken
Emory Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
Ann Plast Surg 61:24-9. 2008..The purpose of this series was to evaluate objectively the utility of fluorescein dye as a tool to assist with evaluation of eventual flap viability or flap necrosis.
- Fluorescein-aided confocal laser endomicroscopy of the lungFlorian S Fuchs
Department of Medicine 1, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Respiration 81:32-8. 2011There are only few reports about confocal laser endomicroscopy (CLE) for pulmonary imaging. In these studies, in contrast to gastrointestinal endoscopy, CLE was performed without fluorescein.
- The comparison of efficacies of topical corticosteroids and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drops on dry eye patients: a clinical and immunocytochemical studyAvni Murat Avunduk
Louisiana State University, School of Medicine, LSU Eye Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 136:593-602. 2003....
- Recognition of copper and hydrogen sulfide in vitro using a fluorescein derivative indicatorFengping Hou
Key Laboratory of Nonferrous Metals Chemistry and Resources Utilization of Gansu Province and College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730000, PR China
Dalton Trans 41:5799-804. 2012We report the development of a fluorescein-based chemosensor (L1) for monitoring ions or micromolecules (H(2)S). Copper ions are known to be toxic at high concentrations and hydrogen sulfide induces various problems...
- Fluorescein leakage of the optic disc: time course in primary open-angle glaucomaNiklas Plange
Department of Ophthalmology, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 30:315-20. 2010To identify and quantify the time course of fluorescein leakage of the optic nerve head in primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) and controls.
- C1q binding by a high affinity anti-fluorescein murine monoclonal IgM antibody and monomeric subunitsS M Swanson
Department of Microbiology, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801
Mol Immunol 25:545-54. 1988Comparative interactions of purified rabbit C1q with 18-2-3, a high affinity (2-3 X 10(10) M-1) anti-fluorescein (anti-F1) murine monoclonal IgM antibody (pentamer) and constitutive monomeric subunits (IgMs) were studied...
- Intravitreal sodium fluorescein enhances visualization of clear vitreous during vitreous surgery for macular hole: a safety and efficacy studyTaraprasad Das
LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 32:55-7. 2004To assess the safety and efficacy of sodium fluorescein (NaFl) as an aid for clear vitreous vitrectomy.
- Anaphylactic reaction after fluorescein sodium administration during intracranial surgeryOzdamar Dilek
Department of Anesthesia and Reanimation, Faculty of Medicine, Kocaeli University, AD 41100 Umuttepe, Kocaeli, Turkey
J Clin Neurosci 18:430-1. 2011We present a male patient who underwent a fluorescein sodium-guided brain tumor excision and experienced an anaphylactic reaction with severe hypotension and bradycardia...
- Gass plaques and fluorescein leakage in Susac SyndromeRobert A Egan
Neuro Ophthalmology, St Helena Hospital, St Helena, CA 94574, USA
J Neurol Sci 299:97-100. 2010..In this report we wish to raise awareness of GP and AWH with this disorder...
- Fluorescein enhanced confocal microscopy in vivo for the evaluation of corneal epitheliumMehmet C Mocan
Department of Ophthalmology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 35:38-43. 2007..This study aimed to evaluate whether topical fluorescein application prior to in vivo confocal microscopy had any effect on the imaging characteristics of the corneal ..
- Use of sodium fluorescein solution for detection of cerebrospinal fluid fistulas: an analysis of 420 administrations and reported complications in Europe and the United StatesRainer Keerl
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, Hospital St Elisabeth, St Elisabeth Str 23, D 94315 Straubing, Germany
Laryngoscope 114:266-72. 2004..For many years, a sodium fluorescein solution of 0.5 to 5% (2.5-50 mg) has been administered intrathecally by way of the lumbar space...
- Cell permeability of Py-Im-polyamide-fluorescein conjugates: Influence of molecular size and Py/Im contentShigeki Nishijima
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 18:978-83. 2010..influence of molecular size and pyrrole (Py)/imidazole (Im) content on the cell permeability of Py-Im-polyamide-fluorescein conjugates we systematically designed the Py-polyamides and Im-polyamides...
- Fluorescein electronic endoscopy: a novel method for detection of early stage gastric cancer not evident to routine endoscopyEkapot Bhunchet
Departments of Pathology, Surgery, and Internal Medicine, Tsuchiura Kyodo General Hospital, Ibaraki, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 55:562-71. 2002Fluorescence endoscopy with fluorescein sodium in the stomach was evaluated by using a newly developed fluorescence electronic endoscopic system.
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..will have frequent blood and urine tests, and will also have eye examinations and special procedures (fluorescein angiography and indocyanine green angiography) to evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment...
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..will have frequent blood and urine tests, and will also have eye examinations and special procedures (fluorescein angiography and indocyanine green angiography) to evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment...
- Prevention of Inherited Retinal Diseases by Therapeutic Rare Earth NanoparticlesJAMES FRANCIS MCGINNIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..will be assessed using a hydroxyethidine assay whereas H20 2 will be assayed with 2',T-dichlorodihydro- fluorescein-diacetate...
- Site-directed Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer using Novel Angiogenesis InhibitorShaker A Mousa; Fiscal Year: 2010..Preliminary data using fluorescence microscopy showed that fluorescein-loaded TclNPs localize preferentially at the plasma membrane of the breast cancer MCF7 cells...
- CCR3: a molecular marker for neovascular AMDJayakrishna Ambati; Fiscal Year: 2010..targeting CCR3 detected CNV within the mouse choroid that had not yet invaded the retina and was invisible to fluorescein angiography...
- Periostin Regulation of Lung FibrosisBethany B Moore; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 1) To determine whether periostin regulates the development of fluorescein isothiocyanate-induced pulmonary fibrosis or gammaherpesvirus-induced fibrosis in aged mice Aim 2) To determine ..
- Tumor drug delivery systems based on polymalic acidJulia Y Ljubimova; Fiscal Year: 2010..the present carrier with leucine ethylester thereby increasing membrane permeation;(b) exchanging the existing fluorescein reporter by Alexa Fluor 680 for superior imaging in vitro and in vivo. Aim 2a...
- Fluorescein for Sentinel Lymph Node DetectionJames M McGreevy; Fiscal Year: 2012..Vestan has developed this technology to be inexpensive, high-impact, easy to manufacture, and commercially available within a very short time after completion of clinical trials. ..
- MECHANISM OF LACRIMAL GLAND SECRETIONDarlene A Dartt; Fiscal Year: 2012..For in vivo studies, corneal fluorescein staining and tear volume will be evaluated after treatment...
- Development Of An Eye Drop To Treat PresbyopiaWilliam H Garner; Fiscal Year: 2012..rabbits, determine, the effects topical ocular doses of our co-drug formulation on cornea barrier function (Fluorescein) and cornea thickness (pachymetry)...
- Portable Retinal Imaging Device for Urgent Referrals and Remote TreatmentMatthew S Muller; Fiscal Year: 2012..These high contrast images, along with fluorescein angiography (after a patient's ingestion of fluorescein dye) will detect treatable areas of vascular ..
- Thoroughfare Channels in CBF Autoregulation at High ICPEdwin M Nemoto; Fiscal Year: 2009..the lower limit of CBF autoregulation by increased ICP compared to lowering arterial pressure;and 3) Show that fluorescein-dextran extravasation from microvessels indicating increased blood brain barrier permeability are associated ..
- Characterization of Exudative Macular Degeneration and Diabetic Retinopathy UsingScott E Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Since its first use in the retina in 1961, fluorescein angiography (FA) has been the gold standard for objective characterization of retinovascular disease (e.g...
- Endothelial Transmigration in Neovascular Age-related Macular DegenerationMARY ELIZABETH RUTH HARTNETT; Fiscal Year: 2013..therapy techniques using scAAV and promoters specific to RPE;laser-induced models of CNV;and Micron III fluorescein Interactions between the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) and choroidal endothelial cells (CECs) are important ..
- Drug-eluting Stapes Prosthesis for the Prevention of Sensorineural Hearing LossMichael J McKenna; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have chosen risedronate because of its high potency and availability of a fluorescein conjugated form of the drug that allows its quantification and localization...
- Dynamic ICG and FA SoftwareTimothy Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2009Indocyanine Green (ICG) and Sodium Fluorescein (SF) are fluorescent dyes used clinically in eye fundus imaging, primarily for detecting vascular abnormalities in the retina and choroid, which is the layer behind the retina...
- BIOMECHANICS OF BRAIN EDEMA AND INTRACRANIAL PRESSURECHRISTINA ROSE MARMAROU; Fiscal Year: 2012..For these purposes we utilize sodium fluorescein to identify route of sodium entry...
- Src Family Kinases and Control of Epithelial Cell Paracellular PermeabilityKURT F AMSLER; Fiscal Year: 2012..TER)) and the leak pathway (low capacity, large size - monitored by measuring the flux of calcein and fluorescein-dextran 4000)...
- MUCINS OF THE OCULAR SURFACEIlene K Gipson; Fiscal Year: 2013..lack of goblet cells on ocular surface health in the Spdef-null mice as indicated by comparison of tear volume, fluorescein staining, exposure to dry eye chamber conditions and susceptibility to infection to that of wild type mice...
- Design of Degron-based Substrates Capable of E3 Ligase-mediated UbiquitinationADAM THOMAS MELVIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..2) a proximal lysine residue to be ubiquitinated, 3) a linker to avoid steric hindrance issues, and 4) a fluorescein tag to serve as a visual marker...
- Regulation of vascular leakage in age related macular degenerationMEREDITH GREGORY-KSANDER; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, fluorescein angiography revealed a significant decrease in vascular leakage in [unreadable]CS mice as compared to wild-type ..
- Targeting c-Myc and MDR1 in Cancer Through Small Molecule Inhibitors of IMP-1David J Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2013..HTS screen using ~180,000 small molecules and identify compounds that inhibit binding of purified IMP-1 to a fluorescein-labeled (fl) c-Myc mRNA binding site...
- The Role of N-myristylation and N-terminal Modifications on PKA Structure and DynADAM CHRISTOPHER BASTIDAS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additionally, with engineered cysteines, we will fluorescently label PKA with fluorescein maleimide to understand protein dynamics using fluorescence polarization...
- Innovative Device to Improve Safety of Preparing and Administering ChemotherapyPrasad Sunkara; Fiscal Year: 2013..CSTD will be validated for design and production quality via published bench-top testing standards, including fluorescein sodium (UV solution) and titanium tetrachloride (visible vapor) tests...
- Assembly of bacterial cytoplasmic protein complexes measured by LRETROBERT D RENTHAL; Fiscal Year: 2013..shell proteins EutL and EutM will be tagged with tetraCys sequences, which will subsequently bind fluorescein arsenical to generate LRET acceptors...
- Reasons for poor durability of resin-dentin bondsDavid H Pashley; Fiscal Year: 2013..of anticollagenolytic ("AC") monomers for their ability to inhibit soluble dentin MMP activity using soluble fluorescein-labeled collagen...
- Follow-up Study: Comparison of AMD Treatments Trial (CATT)Maureen G Maguire; Fiscal Year: 2013..centers for measurement of visual acuity, optical coherent tomography (OCT), and fundus photography including fluorescein angiography...
- Function of the 130kDa MLCK in vasculature physiology and pathophysiologyBRIAN PAUL HERRING; Fiscal Year: 2010..The subsequent effects on endothelial barrier function in vivo will be assayed by fluorescein permeability assays...
- Engineering Inhibitory Antibodies to Ectoenzymes for Cancer TreatmentSimon C Robson; Fiscal Year: 2013..hypothesize that inhibitory antibodies to CD39 and other enzymes can be engineered from a common precursor anti-fluorescein antibody by targeting active sites of enzymes. We will test this hypothesis as follows...
- Porphyrin Conjugates and EGFRALECIA MICHELLE MCCALL; Fiscal Year: 2011..This is a great comparison to the in vivo imaging agent, fluorescein (Ex. 494 nm, Em. 521 nm), which fluoresces in the visible region of the spectrum...
- Real time imaging of the aqueous outflow pathway by two-photon endoscopyHiroshi Nakamura; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Fluorescein staining for live tissue will be part of the experimental design...
- Elastographic Imaging of the Retina/Choroid in Age-Related Macular DegenerationQifa Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2013..Techniques currently used for diagnostic imaging of AMD include indocyanine green dye or fluorescein angiography, autofluorescence imaging and optical coherence tomography (OCT)...
- Thiroredoxin Targeted Nanoparticles for Cancer ResearchSteven Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..The DNA scaffold has been modified so as to permit the visualization of the cancer cells using fluorescein. Our preliminary work shows that the nanoparticle displaying thioredoxin binds selectively to LNCaP and MCF-7, ..
- CPE Peptide-Based Nanoparticles for the Diagnosis and Therapy of Chemotherapy ResAlessandro D Santin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Consistent with this view, preliminary in vitro data clearly showed that fluorescein(FITC)-labeled-C-CPE effectively binds and rapidly internalizes in chemotherapy-resistant primary OSPC cell ..
- A Previously Unrecognized Site of Resistance in POAGHaiyan Gong; Fiscal Year: 2010..Critical data supporting this hypothesis comes from clinical studies demonstrating that flow of fluorescein or trypan blue injected into SC of POAG eyes is blocked from entering the episcleral veins in certain regions...
- SCORE2 Comparative Trial (SCT)Ingrid U Scott; Fiscal Year: 2013..ETDRS) visual acuity letter score, SD-OCT, stereoscopic fundus photography and, at selected sites, widefield fluorescein angiography. Potential adverse events will be monitored with respect to frequency and severity...
- TLR9 Activation and Fibrotic Responses in Alveolar Epithelial CellsTracy R Luckhardt; Fiscal Year: 2013..Lytic infection with gammaherpesviruses-68 (YHV68) can exacerbate established fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC)- induced lung fibrosis in mice...
- Secondary Data Analysis of the Data from Comparison of AMD Treatments TrialsGui Shuang Ying; Fiscal Year: 2013..2) To describe the morphologic changes captured by OCT and fluorescein angiography over time during 2 years of treatment, and to evaluate whether the morphologic responses at 3 ..
- The Contribution of Protein Dynamics to Antibody Affinity MaturationFLOYD ROMESBERG; Fiscal Year: 2009..peak shift and dynamic Stokes shift spectroscopy, we have already demonstrated that affinity maturation of anti-fluorescein Ab, Ab 4-4-20, significantly rigidified the Ab-Ag complex and dramatically reduced its conformational ..
- Analysis of CHIP, a ubiquitin ligase implicated in neurodegenerationKENNETH MATTHEW SCAGLIONE; Fiscal Year: 2010..a biochemical FRET based quenching assay to do high- throughput screening for compounds that decrease fluorescein emission. Compounds that stimulate CHIP activity may be developed into a new class of therapeutics...
- Phase Contrast OCT for Non-Invasive Imaging of Retinovascular DiseaseScott E Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Since its introduction in the 1960's, fluorescein angiography (FA) has been the gold standard for retinal vascular diagnosis...
- SCORE2 Comparative Trial (SCT)Paul C Van Veldhuisen; Fiscal Year: 2013..secondary analyses will examine retinal thickening and other retinal outcomes based on SD-OCT and widefield fluorescein angiograms (within a subset of sites)...
- Interferometric Studies of the Fluid Dynamics of the Tear FilmPETER E KING-SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2012..The phenomenon of fluorescence "quenching" (reduction of fluorescent efficiency at high concentrations of fluorescein) will also be used to study the effects of evaporation...
- Bacterial Interactions with Corneal Epithelium in Health and DiseaseSUZANNE MARIANE JANETE FLEISZIG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preliminary data show that removal of tear fluid and subsequent tissue paper blotting (which allows fluorescein to penetrate) enables bacterial adherence to the mouse cornea in vivo, but adherent bacteria do not traverse ..
- ENDOTHELIAL CELL AUTOIMMUNITY IN DIABETIC RETINOPATHYRamesh Nayak; Fiscal Year: 2001..Autoantibody will be injected into the vitreous space in the eyes of normal rats that will be examined by fluorescein angiography for anomalies in retinal circulation times...
- Computer Aided Classification of Diabetic Macular EdemaSina Farsiu; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose two interrelated hypotheses based on this paradigm: 1) Fluorescein angiography (FA) and SD-OCT can be quantitatively analyzed using automated algorithms to infer the specific ..
- Osteocyte reaction to decreased bone fluid flowShijing Qiu; Fiscal Year: 2003..After that, fluorochromes (fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC)-dextran and Evans blue) will be perfused intravenously with one hour interval...
- Fluorous Solution-Phase Synthesis of Peptides and OligosaccharidesNicola Pohl; Fiscal Year: 2009..Fluorous-tagged peptides and monosaccharides will be printed on a fluorous glass plate, and binding to the fluorescein isothiocyanate- labeled jack bean lectin concanavalin A (FITC-con A) will be studied...
- AMPLIFIED IMMUNOASSAY OF BACTERIA AND RECOVERYSAGYPASH SADIEV; Fiscal Year: 1999..fluoresceinated and Russell s viper venom factor X activator-conjugates (RVV-XA-Ab) and capture on an anti- fluorescein matrix, and detected using a coagulation-based assay amplification system known as Enzyme-linked coagulation ..
- FLUORESCENT GENE MAPPING AT INTERPHASE & METAPHASEJeanne Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 1993..of single-copy genes or transcripts within interphase nuclei utilizing biotinated probes detected by fluorescein-avidin...
- VISUAL FUNCTION IN RETINAL ISCHEMIAMary Johnson; Fiscal Year: 1992..Retinal ischemia, as defined by capillary non-perfusion on a fluorescein angiogram, is the best known risk factor for the development of NV...
- Endoscopic Detection of Fluorescein for Sentinel Lymph Node BiopsyJames McGreevy; Fiscal Year: 2007..filters and switchable high-intensity LED light sources that are matched to the FDA- approved fluorescent drug, fluorescein. The optical notch filter will attach directly to currently used surgical telescopes for the convenience of the ..
- FUNCTION OF FACTOR VIII ON THE PLATELET MEMBRANEGary Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2001..We will measure binding of factor IXa, derivatized in the active site by a fluorescein-labeled tripeptide substrate (Glu-Gly- Arg-chloromethyl ketone), to factor VIIIa that is bound to phosphatidyl- ..
- TRANSEPITHELIAL TARGETING OF CHOLERA TOXINWayne Lencer; Fiscal Year: 1993..He is currently extending the use of fluorescein labeled dextran to further characterize the vesicular cycling of the ADH- sensitive water channel and has ..
- STRUCTURED ANALYSIS OF THE RETINAMichael Goldbaum; Fiscal Year: 1992STARE (STructured Analysis of the REtina) is a system for computer-aided analysis of ocular fundus images and fluorescein angiograms...
- ISOVOLEMIC HEMODILUTION IN CEREBRAL ISCHEMIARoberto Heros; Fiscal Year: 1991..The volume of brain infarct as determined by fluorescein staining and histopathology will then be compared...
- Immunofluorescence Standards for Flow CytometryDouglas Redelman; Fiscal Year: 2003..fluorochrome variability, the use of MESF beads is effectively limited to less variable fluorochromes such as fluorescein or R-phycoerythrin (PE) However, these standards do not address the problem of determining the specific ..
- Retinal blood barrier permeability using optical tracersFREDERICK HASELTON; Fiscal Year: 2004..We have implemented this retinal imaging technique in rats using the tracer pairs sodium fluorescein (376D) & Texas Red dextran (70kD) and, in fewer animals, using resorufin (235D) & FITC dextran (2,000kD)..
- Novel Assessment of Early Changes in Diabetic RetinopathyQuan Dong Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2010..and macular edema has relied on the presence of clinical signs visible through fundus photography or invasive fluorescein angiography...
- EXPERIMENTAL OCULAR VASCULAR OCCLUSIVE STUDIESSOHAN HAYREH; Fiscal Year: 1992..investigated serially by a detailed ocular examination (including ophthalmoscopy, color fundus photography, and fluorescein fundus angiography) as well as systemic evaluation (by recording blood pressure, and by biochemical and ..
- PHAGOCYTIC CELLS--REGULATION, DYSFUNCTION, AND DISEASEDennis Van Epps; Fiscal Year: 1990..b>Fluorescein derivatives of C5a, casein and f-Met-Leu-Phe-Lys (fMLP-Lys) have been prepared and similar probes labeled with ..
- Use of Bioconjugated Quantum Dots in Micro FlowCytometerJoel Tabb; Fiscal Year: 2005..have higher extinction coefficients making them brighter than traditional dyes (up to 1000 times brighter than fluorescein); they do not photobleach; they are not toxic; and different sized quantum dots of the same semiconductor ..
- DIGITAL RESOLUTION IMPROVEMENT OF SLO ANGIOGRAMSTimothy Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2002..which is infrared and thereby displays deep structures such as choroidal and optic nerve vasculature, and fluorescein (FITC) which is in the visible light spectrum and thereby displays retinal vasculature (top layer)...