Genomes and Genes
Summary: One of the triazole ANTIFUNGAL AGENTS that inhibits cytochrome P-450-dependent enzymes resulting in impairment of ERGOSTEROL synthesis. It has been used against histoplasmosis, blastomycosis, cryptococcal meningitis & aspergillosis.
Publications280 found, 100 shown here
- The safety and efficacy of itraconazole for the treatment of patients with eumycetoma due to Madurella mycetomatisA H Fahal
Mycetoma Research Centre, University of Khartoum, Khartoum, Sudan
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 105:127-32. 2011This prospective study aimed to determine the safety and efficacy of itraconazole for the treatment of patients with mycetoma due to Madurella mycetomatis...
- The antifungal drug itraconazole inhibits vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2) glycosylation, trafficking, and signaling in endothelial cellsBenjamin A Nacev
Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 286:44045-56. 2011b>Itraconazole is a safe and widely used antifungal drug that was recently found to possess potent antiangiogenic activity. Currently, there are four active clinical trials evaluating itraconazole as a cancer therapeutic...
- Treatment of cutaneous sporotrichosis with itraconazole--study of 645 patientsMonica Bastos de Lima Barros
Evandro Chagas Clinical Research Institute, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Clin Infect Dis 52:e200-6. 2011b>Itraconazole has become the first choice for treatment of cutaneous sporotrichosis. However, this recommendation is based on case reports and small series...
- Cryptococcus neoformans-Cryptococcus gattii species complex: an international study of wild-type susceptibility endpoint distributions and epidemiological cutoff values for fluconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, and voriconazoleA Espinel-Ingroff
VCU Medical Center, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:5898-906. 2012..cutoff values (ECVs) for the Cryptococcus neoformans-Cryptococcus gattii species complex versus fluconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, and voriconazole are not available...
- Itraconazole, a commonly used antifungal that inhibits Hedgehog pathway activity and cancer growthJames Kim
Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cancer Cell 17:388-99. 2010In a screen of drugs previously tested in humans we identified itraconazole, a systemic antifungal, as a potent antagonist of the Hedgehog (Hh) signaling pathway that acts by a mechanism distinct from its inhibitory effect on fungal ..
- Itraconazole and arsenic trioxide inhibit Hedgehog pathway activation and tumor growth associated with acquired resistance to smoothened antagonistsJames Kim
Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cancer Cell 23:23-34. 2013..Here, we report that itraconazole and arsenic trioxide, two agents in clinical use that inhibit Hedgehog signaling by mechanisms distinct from ..
- Melanin biosynthesis in Madurella mycetomatis and its effect on susceptibility to itraconazole and ketoconazoleWendy W J van de Sande
Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Microbes Infect 9:1114-23. 2007..When melanin was added to the culture medium, MICs were found to be 16-fold elevated in the case of itraconazole and 32-fold for ketoconazole. MICs for amphotericin B, fluconazole and voriconazole were not affected...
- Development of a binary lipid nanoparticles formulation of itraconazole for parenteral administration and controlled releaseJin Ki Kim
Laboratory of Excellency for Drug and Gene Delivery, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, 599 Gwanak Ro, Gwanak Gu, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Int J Pharm 383:209-15. 2010The principal aim of this study was to develop an intravenous formulation of itraconazole (ITZ) using lipid nanoparticles based on binary mixture of liquid and solid lipids...
- Multicenter evaluation of a new disk agar diffusion method for susceptibility testing of filamentous fungi with voriconazole, posaconazole, itraconazole, amphotericin B, and caspofunginA Espinel-Ingroff
Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, VA 23298 0049, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:1811-20. 2007..MH] agar), (ii) three incubation times (16 to 24, 48, and 72 h), and (iii) seven disks (amphotericin B and itraconazole 10-microg disks, voriconazole 1- and 10-microg disks, two sources of caspofungin 5-microg disks [BBL and Oxoid],..
- Induction of cytochrome P450 1A1 by ketoconazole and itraconazole but not fluconazole in murine and human hepatoma cell linesHesham M Korashy
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2N8
Toxicol Sci 97:32-43. 2007..Therefore, we examined here the ability of three structurally different antifungal drugs, ketoconazole (KTZ), itraconazole (ITZ), and fluconazole (FLZ) to induce the CYP1A1, an enzyme known to play an important role in chemical ..
- In vitro susceptibilities of Madurella mycetomatis to itraconazole and amphotericin B assessed by a modified NCCLS method and a viability-based 2,3-Bis(2-methoxy-4-nitro-5- sulfophenyl)-5-[(phenylamino)carbonyl]-2H-tetrazolium hydroxide (XTT) assayAbdalla O A Ahmed
Mycetoma Research Group, Institute of Endemic Diseases, University of Khartoum, Khartoum, Sudan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:2742-6. 2004Susceptibilities of Madurella mycetomatis against amphotericin B and itraconazole in vitro were determined by protocols based on NCCLS guidelines (visual reading) and a 2,3-bis (2-methoxy-4-nitro-5-sulfophenyl)-5-[(phenylamino) carbonyl]-..
- Multiple resistance mechanisms among Aspergillus fumigatus mutants with high-level resistance to itraconazoleAdriana M Nascimento
Departamento de Genetica, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:1719-26. 2003A collection of Aspergillus fumigatus mutants highly resistant to itraconazole (RIT) at 100 micro g ml(-1) were selected in vitro (following UV irradiation as a preliminary step) to investigate mechanisms of drug resistance in this ..
- Randomized trial with itraconazole, ketoconazole and sulfadiazine in paracoccidioidomycosisM A Shikanai-Yasuda
Department of Infectious and Parasitic Diseases, School of Medicine, Sao Paulo University, Brazil
Med Mycol 40:411-7. 2002Forty-two patients with active paracoccidioidomycosis were randomized to receive itraconazole (50-100 mg d(-1)), ketoconazole (200-400 mg d(-1)) or sulfadiazine (100-150 mg kg d(-1) up to 6 g d(-1)) for 4-6 months, followed by slow ..
- Efficacy and safety of intravenous itraconazole as empirical antifungal therapy for persistent fever in neutropenic patients with hematological malignancies in JapanKensuke Ohta
Department of Hematology, Saiseikai Nakatsu Hospital Osaka, Osaka, Japan
Int J Hematol 89:649-55. 2009Recently, empirical antifungal therapy with intravenous itraconazole (ITCZ) for neutropenic patients with antibiotics-resistant fever has been approved by Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare on the bases of previous ..
- Characterization of the interaction of 2-hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin with itraconazole at pH 2, 4, and 7Jef Peeters
Department of Drug Delivery Research, Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Beerse 2340, Belgium
J Pharm Sci 91:1414-22. 2002Phase-solubility techniques were used to assess the effect of pH on itraconazole complexation with 2-hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin (HPbetaCD)...
- A novel itraconazole bioadhesive film for vaginal delivery: design, optimization, and physicodynamic characterizationNitin B Dobaria
Pharmacy Department, Centre of Relevance and Excellence in Novel Drug Delivery Systems, The MS University of Baroda, Vadodara 390 002, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 10:951-9. 2009..b>Itraconazole was formulated in bioadhesive film formulations that could be retained in the vagina for prolonged intervals...
- Toxicodynamics of itraconazole: implications for therapeutic drug monitoringJodi M Lestner
The University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, NIHR Translational Research Facility in Respiratory Medicine, University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
Clin Infect Dis 49:928-30. 2009We explored concentration-toxicity relationships for itraconazole among 216 patients. Logistic regression revealed a progressive increase in the probability of toxicity with increasing concentrations of itraconazole...
- Inhibition of angiogenesis by the antifungal drug itraconazoleCurtis R Chong
Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
ACS Chem Biol 2:263-70. 2007..One of the most promising and unexpected hits was itraconazole, a known antifungal drug...
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis: successful treatment with itraconazoleJavier Consigli
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Cordoba, Argentina
Int J Dermatol 45:46-9. 2006..Antimonial drugs are the mainstay treatment for all the clinical forms of the disease. Amphotericin B is the second-choice drug...
- Synergistic inhibition of endothelial cell proliferation, tube formation, and sprouting by cyclosporin A and itraconazoleBenjamin A Nacev
Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24793. 2011..Our screen identified cyclosporin A (CsA), an immunosuppressant, and itraconazole, an antifungal drug, as a synergistic pair of inhibitors of endothelial cell proliferation...
- Development of an itraconazole-loaded nanostructured lipid carrier (NLC) formulation for pulmonary applicationJ Pardeike
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Karl Franzens Universitat Graz, Universitatsplatz 1, 8010 Graz, Austria
Int J Pharm 419:329-38. 2011b>Itraconazole-loaded NLC for pulmonary application were developed. In Precirol ATO 5 and oleic acid Itraconazole had the highest solubility...
- Intravenous itraconazole emulsions produced by SolEmuls technologyAslihan Akkar
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Biotechnology and Quality Management, Free University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 56:29-36. 2003b>Itraconazole is a drug which is poorly soluble in both the water and oil phases of emulsions. Incorporation in parenteral emulsions was performed applying the SolEmuls Technology, i.e...
- Eumycetoma caused by Cladophialophora bantiana successfully treated with itraconazoleAlexandro Bonifaz
Dermatology Service and Mycology Department, General Hospital of Mexico, Del Valle, Mexico
Med Mycol 47:111-4. 2009..Clinical and mycologic cure was achieved after 20 months of treatment with itraconazole at a starting dose of 300 mg/day that was tapered during the course of therapy...
- Antifungal susceptibility testing of Exophiala spp.: a head-to-head comparison of amphotericin B, itraconazole, posaconazole and voriconazoleAnnette W Fothergill
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Med Mycol 47:41-3. 2009..we tested 160 clinical isolates against amphotericin B, itraconazole, posaconazole, and voriconazole in a head-to-head comparison...
- Phase 2 study of pemetrexed and itraconazole as second-line therapy for metastatic nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancerCharles M Rudin
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, 1550 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Thorac Oncol 8:619-23. 2013Preclinical studies have suggested that the oral antifungal agent itraconazole specifically inhibits proliferation, migration, and tube formation of endothelial cells...
- Open-label, exploratory phase II trial of oral itraconazole for the treatment of basal cell carcinomaDaniel J Kim
Daniel J Kim, James Kim, Katrina Spaunhurst, Rita Khodosh, Kalyani Chandra, Teresa Fu, Philip A Beachy, and Jean Y Tang, Stanford University, Stanford Anita Gilliam, Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Palo Alto, CA James Kim, University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX Javier Montoya and Monserrat Molgo, Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Clin Oncol 32:745-51. 2014b>Itraconazole, a US Food and Drug Administration-approved antifungal drug, inhibits the Hedgehog (HH) signaling pathway, a crucial driver of basal cell carcinoma (BCC) tumorigenesis, and reduces BCC growth in mice...
- In vitro antifungal activity and toxicity of itraconazole in DMSA-PLGA nanoparticlesElaine P Cunha-Azevedo
Biological Sciences Institute, Universidade de Brasilia, Brasilia DF 70910 900, Brazil
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 11:2308-14. 2011b>Itraconazole (ITZ) is a drug used to treat various fungal infections and may cause side effects...
- Itraconazole inhibits angiogenesis and tumor growth in non-small cell lung cancerBlake T Aftab
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 71:6764-72. 2011..A recent screen for selective inhibitors of endothelial cell proliferation identified the oral antifungal drug itraconazole as a novel agent with potential antiangiogenic activity...
- Repurposing itraconazole as a treatment for advanced prostate cancer: a noncomparative randomized phase II trial in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancerEmmanuel S Antonarakis
Prostate Cancer Research Program, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, 1650 Orleans Street, CRB1 1M45, Baltimore, Maryland 21231 1000, USA
Oncologist 18:163-73. 2013The antifungal drug itraconazole inhibits angiogenesis and Hedgehog signaling and delays tumor growth in murine prostate cancer xenograft models...
- In vitro comparative efficacy of voriconazole and itraconazole against fluconazole-susceptible and -resistant Cryptococcus neoformans isolatesM H Nguyen
Department of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, and VA Medical Center, Gainesville 32610, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 42:471-2. 1998..for 50 clinical isolates of fluconazole-susceptible or -resistant Cryptococcus neoformans was performed with itraconazole and voriconazole...
- Comparison of bioavailability of amorphous versus crystalline itraconazole nanoparticles via pulmonary administration in ratsWei Yang
Division of Pharmaceutics, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 75:33-41. 2010..The nanocrystalline formulations of itraconazole (ITZ) were made by wet milling (i.e...
- Effects of itraconazole on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of intravenously and orally administered oxycodoneTeijo I Saari
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Turku, Finland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:387-97. 2010The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of the cytochrome P450 3A4 (CYP34A) inhibitor itraconazole on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of orally and intravenously administered oxycodone.
- Pharmacokinetics and safety of a 7-day administration of intravenous itraconazole followed by a 14-day administration of itraconazole oral solution in patients with hematologic malignancyM A Boogaerts
Department of Hematology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:981-5. 2001The pharmacokinetics and safety of an intravenous hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin solution of itraconazole administered for 7 days followed by itraconazole oral solution administered at 200 mg once or twice daily for 14 days were assessed ..
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of itraconazole capsules for the prevention of deep fungal infections in immunodeficient patients with HIV infectionD E Smith
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Australia
HIV Med 2:78-83. 2001To determine whether systemic or deep fungal infections can be prevented, a double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III trial of itraconazole prophylaxis was undertaken in HIV-infected patients.
- Characterization of solid dispersions of itraconazole and hydroxypropylmethylcellulose prepared by melt extrusion, Part IIKarel Six
Laboratorium voor Farmacotechnologie en Biofarmacie, K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Pharm Res 20:1047-54. 2003This study was done to elucidate the physical and pharmaceutical properties of itraconazole-HPMC dispersions and the influence of water on the phase separation.
- High prevalence of azole-resistant Aspergillus fumigatus in adults with cystic fibrosis exposed to itraconazolePierre Regis Burgel
Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:869-74. 2012Aspergillus fumigatus is the most frequent fungus found in the sputum of cystic fibrosis (CF) subjects. Itraconazole is prescribed for allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA) or Aspergillus bronchitis in CF subjects...
- Itraconazole prophylaxis for fungal infections in patients with advanced human immunodeficiency virus infection: randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Mycoses Study GroupD S McKinsey
University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, and Kansas City AIDS Research Consortium, USA
Clin Infect Dis 28:1049-56. 1999..trial, 149 patients with advanced human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection were randomized to receive itraconazole capsules (200 mg daily) and 146 to receive a matched placebo...
- Voriconazole versus itraconazole for antifungal prophylaxis following allogeneic haematopoietic stem-cell transplantationDavid I Marks
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, Bristol, UK
Br J Haematol 155:318-27. 2011..open-label, multicentre study compared the efficacy and safety of voriconazole (234 patients) versus itraconazole (255 patients) in alloHCT recipients...
- In vitro activities of terbinafine against Aspergillus species in comparison with those of itraconazole and amphotericin BC B Moore
Department of Microbiology, Hope Hospital, Salford, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:1882-5. 2001Compared with the in vitro activities of itraconazole (geometric mean MIC [GM], 0.56 microg/ml) and amphotericin B (GM, 0.66 microg/ml), the in vitro activity of terbinafine was inferior against Aspergillus fumigatus (GM, 19...
- Comparison of visual and spectrophotometric methods of broth microdilution MIC end point determination and evaluation of a sterol quantitation method for in vitro susceptibility testing of fluconazole and itraconazole against trailing and nontrailing CandBeth A Arthington-Skaggs
Mycotic Diseases Branch, Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:2477-81. 2002..determine the incidence of trailing growth, we performed testing of in vitro susceptibility to fluconazole and itraconazole using the National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards broth microdilution M27-A reference procedure ..
- Antifungal therapy decreases sensitivity of the Aspergillus galactomannan enzyme immunoassayKieren A Marr
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Clin Infect Dis 40:1762-9. 2005..Reported sensitivity of the galactomannan enzyme immunoassay as an early diagnostic test for invasive aspergillosis (IA) has been widely variable, ranging from 29% to 100% in earlier clinical studies...
- Terbinafine versus itraconazole and fluconazole in the treatment of Vulvovaginal candidiasisAyten Ferahbas
Department of Dermatology, Erciyes University, Medical Faculty, Kayseri, Turkey
Am J Ther 13:332-6. 2006..to determine in vivo and in vitro effectiveness of the 3 systemic antifungal agents: terbinafine and 2 azoles (itraconazole and fluconazole) in the treatment of patients with Vulvovaginal candidiasis...
- Combined itraconazole-pentoxifylline treatment promptly reduces lung fibrosis induced by chronic pulmonary paracoccidioidomycosis in miceTonny W Naranjo
Unidad de Micología Médica y Experimental, Corporacion para Investigaciones Biologicas, Medellin, Colombia
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 24:81-91. 2011..Our objective was to investigate the possible beneficial effects that a combined antifungal (Itraconazole) and immunomodulatory (Pentoxifylline) therapy would have in the development of fibrosis in a model of ..
- Pharmacokinetic drug interactions with vandetanib during coadministration with rifampicin or itraconazolePaul Martin
AstraZeneca, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK
Drugs R D 11:37-51. 2011..Clinical studies were performed to assess the potential for 3A4 inhibitors and inducers to affect exposure to vandetanib...
- Cushing's syndrome due to interaction between inhaled corticosteroids and itraconazoleMark J Bolland
Department of Endocrinology, Auckland Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Ann Pharmacother 38:46-9. 2004To report a case of an interaction between inhaled corticosteroids and itraconazole causing iatrogenic Cushing's syndrome and provide a review of the relevant literature.
- Fluconazole versus itraconazole for antifungal prophylaxis in neutropenic patients with haematological malignancies: a meta-analysis of randomised-controlled trialsKonstantinos Z Vardakas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences AIBS, Athens, Greece
Br J Haematol 131:22-8. 2005Fluconazole and itraconazole are used as antifungal prophylaxis in neutropenic patients with haematological malignancies...
- An open-label comparative pilot study of oral voriconazole and itraconazole for long-term treatment of paracoccidioidomycosisFlavio Queiroz-Telles
Department of Community Health, Hospital de Clinicas de Curitiba Universidade Federal do Paraná, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Clin Infect Dis 45:1462-9. 2007In previous studies, itraconazole was revealed to be an effective therapy and was considered to be the gold standard treatment for mild-to-moderate acute and chronic clinical forms of paracoccidioidomycosis...
- A new self-emulsifying formulation of itraconazole with improved dissolution and oral absorptionJi Yeon Hong
College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, San 56 1, Sillim dong, Gwanak Gu, Seoul, 151 742, Republic of Korea
J Control Release 110:332-8. 2006To enhance the dissolution and oral absorption of poorly water-soluble itraconazole, self-emulsifying drug delivery system (SEDDS) composed of oil, surfactant and cosurfactant for oral administration of itraconazole was formulated, and ..
- Itraconazole prophylaxis in pediatric cancer patients receiving conventional chemotherapy or autologous stem cell transplantsArne Simon
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital, Medical Center University of Bonn, Adenauerallee 119, 53113, Bonn, Germany
Support Care Cancer 15:213-20. 2007..5 to 0.99/1,000 inpatient days in 2001. As a direct response to this increased environmental risk, itraconazole (ITC) was administered for primary prophylaxis in pediatric cancer patients for whom a particular high risk of ..
- Fluconazole and itraconazole susceptibility of vaginal yeast isolates from SlovakiaMonika Sojakova
1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Comenius University, Zochova 7, 811 03 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Mycopathologia 157:163-9. 2004..in the vagina of patients treated in the gynecology clinic and tested in vitro activities of fluconazole and itraconazole against 227 clinical yeast isolates by the NCCLS microdilution method. C. albicans (87...
- Reduced food-effect and enhanced bioavailability of a self-microemulsifying formulation of itraconazole in healthy volunteersJong Soo Woo
Pharmaceutical Research Center, Hanmi Pharm Co, Ltd, Paltan myeon, 893 5 Hwaseong si, Gyeonggi Do, 445 913, Republic of Korea
Eur J Pharm Sci 33:159-65. 2008..This study was designed to compare the oral bioavailability and food-effect of SMEDDS of itraconazole (ITRA-GSMP capsule containing 50mg itraconazole) to that of the currently marketed formulation (Sporanox ..
- Anti-inflammatory effect of itraconazole in stable allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis: a randomized controlled trialPeter Alexander Blanch Wark
Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle, and the Department of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine and the Airways Infection and Immunology Research Group, John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle, Australia
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:952-7. 2003..Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA) complicates chronic asthma and results from hypersensitivity to the fungus Aspergillus fumigatu s, causing an intense systemic immune response and progressive lung damage...
- Itraconazole oral solution as prophylaxis for fungal infections in neutropenic patients with hematologic malignancies: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, multicenter trial. GIMEMA Infection Program. Gruppo Italiano Malattie Ematologiche dell'F Menichetti
Istituto di Malattie Infettive, Universita di Perugia, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 28:250-5. 1999To evaluate the efficacy and safety of itraconazole oral solution for preventing fungal infections, a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, multicenter trial was conducted: 405 neutropenic patients with hematologic malignancies ..
- Transcriptional profiles of Trichophyton rubrum in response to itraconazoleYoujiang Diao
College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Jilin University, Changchun, PR China
Med Mycol 47:237-47. 2009..rubrum to itraconazole was studied by large-scale gene expression profiling...
- Residual pulmonary abnormalities in adult patients with chronic paracoccidioidomycosis: prolonged follow-up after itraconazole therapyA M Tobon
Medical and Experimental Mycology Group, Corporacion para Investigaciones Biologicas, Medellin, Colombia
Clin Infect Dis 37:898-904. 2003b>Itraconazole effectively controls active paracoccidioidomycosis but appears not to hinder lung fibrosis...
- A controlled trial of itraconazole as primary prophylaxis for systemic fungal infections in patients with advanced human immunodeficiency virus infection in ThailandSuwat Chariyalertsak
Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Clin Infect Dis 34:277-84. 2002..patients with HIV infection and CD4+ lymphocyte counts of <200 cells/microL were randomized to receive oral itraconazole (200 mg per day), and 66 similar patients received a matched placebo...
- Increasing the oral bioavailability of the poorly water soluble drug itraconazole with ordered mesoporous silicaRandy Mellaerts
Centre for Surface Chemistry and Catalysis, Catholic University of Leuven, Heverlee, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:223-30. 2008..b>Itraconazole was selected as model compound...
- Increased expression of a novel Aspergillus fumigatus ABC transporter gene, atrF, in the presence of itraconazole in an itraconazole resistant clinical isolateJohn W Slaven
School of Medicine, 1 800 Stopford Building, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, UK
Fungal Genet Biol 36:199-206. 2002Aspergillus fumigatus is the most frequent causative agent of invasive aspergillosis. Itraconazole became available in 1990 to treat invasive aspergillosis, but instances of resistance have now been described...
- A point mutation in the 14alpha-sterol demethylase gene cyp51A contributes to itraconazole resistance in Aspergillus fumigatusT M Diaz-Guerra
Unidad de Micologia, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:1120-4. 2003The genes encoding 14alpha-sterol demethylases (cyp51A and cyp51B) were analyzed in 12 itraconazole (ITC)-resistant and three ITC-susceptible clinical isolates of Aspergillus fumigatus...
- Effect of hypoxic conditions on in vitro susceptibility testing of amphotericin B, itraconazole and micafungin against Aspergillus and CandidaPeter A Warn
School of Medicine, University of Manchester, Hope Hospital, Salford M6 8HD
J Antimicrob Chemother 53:743-9. 2004The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of hypoxic conditions on in vitro susceptibility testing of amphotericin B, itraconazole and micafungin against Aspergillus (four species) and Candida (six species).
- Itraconazole oral solution and intravenous formulations: a review of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamicsL Willems
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Pharm Ther 26:159-69. 2001b>Itraconazole is a triazole antifungal agent with a broad spectrum of activity. It is well tolerated and highly efficacious, particularly because its main metabolite, hydroxy-itraconazole, also has considerable antifungal activity...
- In vitro susceptibility of the seven Malassezia species to ketoconazole, voriconazole, itraconazole and terbinafineA K Gupta
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Center Sunnybrook site and the University of Toronto, Canada
Br J Dermatol 142:758-65. 2000..03-64.0 microg/mL) of three azole drugs, ketoconazole, voriconazole and itraconazole, as well as the allylamine terbinafine, using the agar dilution method...
- Activities of caspofungin, itraconazole, posaconazole, ravuconazole, voriconazole, and amphotericin B against 448 recent clinical isolates of filamentous fungiD J Diekema
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Clin Microbiol 41:3623-6. 2003We examined the in vitro activity of caspofungin, posaconazole, voriconazole, ravuconazole, itraconazole, and amphotericin B against 448 recent clinical mold isolates...
- Pharmacokinetic drug interactions of gefitinib with rifampicin, itraconazole and metoprololHelen C Swaisland
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Macclesfield, UK
Clin Pharmacokinet 44:1067-81. 2005..Based on these findings, three clinical studies were carried out to investigate pharmacokinetic drug interactions in vivo with gefitinib...
- Visceral Leishmaniasis treated with antimonials/paromomycin followed by itraconazole/miltefosine after standard therapy failures in a human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientPatricia Barragan
Infectious Disease Service, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:10-2. 2010..We report the case of a human immunodeficiency virus-1-infected patient who had several relapses of visceral leishmaniasis after treatment with standard therapies and responded to a combined therapy...
- Intravenous itraconazole vs. amphotericin B deoxycholate for empirical antifungal therapy in patients with persistent neutropenic feverSun Hee Park
Department of Internal Medicine, The Catholic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Center, The Catholic University of Korea College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Intern Med 21:165-72. 2006..The antifungal triazoles offer a potentially safer and effective treatment alternative to Amphotericin B dexoycholate...
- Intravenous and oral itraconazole versus intravenous amphotericin B deoxycholate as empirical antifungal therapy for persistent fever in neutropenic patients with cancer who are receiving broad-spectrum antibacterial therapy. A randomized, controlled triaM Boogaerts
Department of Hematology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Ann Intern Med 135:412-22. 2001..OBJECTIVE: To compare the efficacy and safety of itraconazole with those of amphotericin B as empirical antifungal therapy...
- Safety and efficacy of itraconazole compared to amphotericin B as empirical antifungal therapy for neutropenic fever in patients with haematological malignancyUlrich Schuler
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Universitatsklinikum Dresden, Germany
Onkologie 30:185-91. 2007Safety, tolerability and efficacy of itraconazole and amphotericin B (AMB) were compared for empirical antifungal treatment of febrile neutropenic cancer patients.
- Formulation and evaluation of itraconazole via liquid crystal for topical delivery systemD I Nesseem
National Organization for Drug Control and Research, 51 Wezaret El Zeraa St, Agouza, Cairo, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 26:387-99. 2001..stearyl ether/ oil and water form liquid crystalline system cream, which has a potential as dosage form for 1% itraconazole as topical dermal drug delivery...
- Conversion of nanosuspensions into dry powders by spray drying: a case studyMahesh V Chaubal
Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Route 120 and Wilson Rd, Round Lake, Illinois 60073, USA
Pharm Res 25:2302-8. 2008..This case study examines impact of various formulation and processing parameters on redispersibility of the spray dried nanoparticles...
- Outbreak of fungemia among neonates caused by Candida haemulonii resistant to amphotericin B, itraconazole, and fluconazoleZia U Khan
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Safat 13110, Kuwait
J Clin Microbiol 45:2025-7. 2007..They were all resistant to amphotericin B, fluconazole, and itraconazole. This report highlights the emergence of C...
- Itraconazole or allopurinol in the treatment of chronic American trypanosomiasis: the results of clinical and parasitological examinations 11 years post-treatmentW Apt
Laboratorio de Parasitologia Básico Clínico, Programa de Biologia Celular y Molecular, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Independencia 1027, P O Box 427, Santiago 3, Chile
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 99:733-41. 2005Eleven years after they had been given itraconazole or allopurinol for the treatment of chronic American trypanosomiasis, 109 adult patients were checked for electrocardiographic abnormalities and evidence of Trypanosoma cruzi infection...
- Use of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and hybridization assays to detect Trypanosoma cruzi in chronic chagasic patients treated with itraconazole or allopurinolInes Zulantay
Cellular and Molecular Biology Program, Biomedical Sciences Institute, Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 48:253-7. 2004..chagasic patients with negative xenodiagnosis (XD) after 6 years following completion of therapy with either itraconazole or allopurinol was assessed by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and hybridization assays...
- Involvement of phenobarbital and SKF 525A in the hepatotoxicity of antifungal drugs itraconazole and fluconazole in ratsN Somchit
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor, Malaysia
Drug Chem Toxicol 29:237-53. 2006b>Itraconazole and fluconazole are potent wide spectrum antifungal drugs. Both of these drugs induce hepatotoxicity clinically. The mechanism underlying the hepatotoxicity is unknown...
- Using itraconazole to clear Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis infection, and subsequent depigmentation of Alytes muletensis tadpolesT W J Garner
Institute of Zoology, Zoological Society of London, Regent s Park, London NW1 4RY, UK
Dis Aquat Organ 83:257-60. 2009..Here we confirm that the antifungal itraconazole is an effective treatment for infection in larval Alytes muletensis...
- Pharmacokinetics of itraconazole and hydroxyitraconazole in healthy subjects after single and multiple doses of a novel formulationJ W Mouton
Canisius Wilhelmina Ziekenhuis Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:4096-102. 2006Originally, itraconazole for parenteral administration was licensed in a 40% hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin (HPBCD) solution for intravenous administration. A novel formulation, the NanoCrystal formulation (NCF), was prepared...
- The role of itraconazole in preventing and treating systemic fungal infections in immunocompromised patientsM Potter
Department of Haematology, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Acta Haematol 111:175-80. 2004..This paper reports the deliberations of an expert panel that considered the role of itraconazole. It concluded that itraconazole has an important role in the prophylaxis and treatment of SFIs whether proven ..
- Effect of itraconazole on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of a single oral dose of brotizolamT Osanai
Clinical Research Center, Hirosaki University Hospital, Hirosaki, Japan
Br J Clin Pharmacol 58:476-81. 2004To assess the effect of itraconazole, a potent inhibitor of cytochrome P450 (CYP)3A4, on the single oral dose pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of brotizolam.
- Formulation and drying of miconazole and itraconazole nanosuspensionsAna M Cerdeira
Cilag AG, Hochstrasse 201, 8205 Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Int J Pharm 443:209-20. 2013Miconazole and itraconazole possess adequate membrane permeability, but only slight water solubility, which limits their bioavailability and antifungal effect...
- Evidence of significant contribution from CYP3A5 to hepatic drug metabolismWeili Huang
Department of Pharmaceutics, Box 357610, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7610, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 32:1434-45. 2004..2-fold higher than those of group 1 (p < 0.05 for 5 of 8 substrates). After adjusting for CYP3A4 activity (itraconazole hydroxylation), mean product formation rates for group 2 microsomes were still significantly higher than those ..
- Efficacy of recombinant human mannose binding lectin alone and in combination with itraconazole against murine Candida albicans vaginitisKarl V Clemons
California Institute for Medical Research, San Jose, California, USA
Immunol Invest 40:553-68. 2011..Intravenous treatment with rhMBL alone or in combination with oral itraconazole enhanced the clearance of C...
- Cutaneous protothecosis: report of a third Brazilian caseClarisse Zaitz
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, Santa Casa Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Dermatol 45:124-6. 2006..We emphasize the mycological and pathological aspects of this infection that can lead to misdiagnosis. The patient was successfully treated with itraconazole.
- Formulation of parenteral microemulsion containing itraconazoleYun Seok Rhee
College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon 440 746, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:114-23. 2007The aim of this study was to develop an aqueous parenteral formulation containing itraconazole (ITZ) using an o/w microemulsion system. A mixture of benzyl alcohol and medium chain triglyceride (3/1) was chosen as the oil phase...
- A rapid HPLC method with fluorometric detection for determination of plasma itraconazole and hydroxy-itraconazole concentrations in cystic fibrosis children with allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosisStefanie Redmann
School of Pharmacy, The University of Queensland and the Australian Centre for Paediatric Pharmacokinetics, Mater Health Services, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Biomed Chromatogr 20:343-8. 2006..rapid and selective high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) method is described for the quantitation of itraconazole and hydroxy-itraconazole in 100 microL of plasma from a paediatric population...
- Effects of cyclosporine A and itraconazole on permeability, biliary excretion and pharmacokinetics of amlodipineLiang Ni
Center of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Drug Metab Lett 2:163-8. 2008Cyclosporin A (CsA) is a P-glycoprotein (P-gp) inhibitor clinically used as an immunosuppressant. Itraconazole (ITZ) functions as an inhibitor of both the P-gp and CYP3A and is used as a fungistatic/fungicidal agent in human and ..
- Effects of the antifungal agent itraconazole on proliferative changes of the forestomach mucosa in alloxan-induced diabetic ratsTomoya Sano
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Setsunan University, Osaka, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 37:790-8. 2009..Thus, the present study was conducted to examine the effects of the antifungal agent itraconazole (ITCZ) on proliferative and inflammatory changes of the forestomach in alloxan-induced diabetic WBN/Kob rats...
- Bioequivalence study of two formulations of 100 mg capsule of itraconazole. Quantification by tandem mass spectrometryJosélia Larger Manfio
BIOCINESE Biopharmaceutical Studies Center, Toledo, PR, Brazil
Arzneimittelforschung 60:157-61. 2010The purpose of this study is to compare the bioavailability of two itraconazole (CAS 84625-61-6) capsule formulations. An open, randomized, two-period crossover study with a 7-day washout interval was conduced in 32 healthy volunteers...
- Chemotherapy with benznidazole and itraconazole for mice infected with different Trypanosoma cruzi clonal genotypesMax Jean de Ornelas Toledo
Departamento Análises Clínicas, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade Estadual de Maringa, Maringa, Brazil
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:223-30. 2003The benznidazole (BZ) and itraconazole (ITC) susceptibilities of a standard set of Trypanosoma cruzi natural stocks were evaluated during the acute phase and the chronic phase of experimental chagasic infection in BALB/c mice...
- TGF-beta plasma levels in chromoblastomycosis patients during itraconazole treatmentJorge Pereira da Silva
Laboratório de Dermato Imunologia, Universidade do Estado do Pará UEPA, Universidade Federal do Para UFPA, Unidade de Referência em Dermatologia Sanitária do Estado do Pará Dr Marcello Candia MC, Brazil
Cytokine 51:202-6. 2010..The disease evolves to a chronic state, presenting a suppurative granulomatous dermatitis, combined with variable dermal fibrosis. Pathogenesis of the inflammation and tissue repair in CBM are poorly understood...
- Development of a high-throughput method for the determination of itraconazole and its hydroxy metabolite in human plasma, employing automated liquid-liquid extraction based on 96-well format plates and LC/MS/MSConstantinos Kousoulos
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Bioequivalence Services GLP Compliant, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of Athens, Panepistimioupoli Zografou, 157 71, Athens, Greece
Anal Bioanal Chem 384:199-207. 2006..mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) method was developed for the simultaneous quantification of the antifungal drug itraconazole (ITZ) and its coactive metabolite hydroxyitraconazole (OH-ITZ) in human plasma...
- Bioavailability of itraconazole in rats and rabbits after administration of tablets containing solid dispersion particlesS D Yoo
College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Kyunggi Do, Korea
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 26:27-34. 2000A tablet dosage form containing solid dispersions of itraconazole (Asd tablets) was prepared by using the spray-drying and wet granulation methods...
- Resistance to itraconazole in Aspergillus nidulans and Aspergillus fumigatus is conferred by extra copies of the A. nidulans P-450 14alpha-demethylase gene, pdmAN Osherov
Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and Department of Internal Medicine Specialties, Section of Infectious Diseases, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 48:75-81. 2001..We selected for genes that would give resistance to itraconazole following transformation with a high copy genomic library of A. nidulans...
- In vitro evaluation of cytochrome P450-mediated drug interactions between cytarabine, idarubicin, itraconazole and caspofunginDawn E Colburn
Department of Leukemia, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Hematology 9:217-21. 2004..Azole antifungal agents are increasingly used in this context. In vitro assays were performed to assess whether cytochrome P450 (CYP450) enzymes were affected by combinations of cytarabine or idarubicin with itraconazole or caspofungin.
- Cost effectiveness of itraconazole in the prophylaxis of invasive fungal infectionsRobin de Vries
Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Pharmacoeconomics 26:75-90. 2008..As the diagnosis of invasive fungal infections is difficult, effective antifungal prophylaxis is desirable. So far, fluconazole has been the most commonly used...
- Itraconazole/TPGS/Aerosil200 solid dispersions: characterization, physical stability and in vivo performanceBernard Van Eerdenbrugh
Laboratory for Pharmacotechnology and Biopharmacy, K U Leuven, Gasthuisberg O and N2, Herestraat 49, box 921, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Sci 38:270-8. 2009Solid dispersions were successfully prepared by co-spray-drying of TPGS-stabilized itraconazole nanosuspensions with Aerosil200, followed by heat treatment of the powders...
- Microcrystalline cellulose, a useful alternative for sucrose as a matrix former during freeze-drying of drug nanosuspensions - a case study with itraconazoleBernard Van Eerdenbrugh
Laboratory for Pharmacotechnology and Biopharmacy, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 70:590-6. 2008b>Itraconazole nanosuspensions, stabilized with 10% TPGS (relative to the weight of itraconazole), were transformed into nanoparticulate powders by freeze-drying...
- Exposure to oral S-ketamine is unaffected by itraconazole but greatly increased by ticlopidineM A Peltoniemi
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care and Pain Medicine, University of Turku and Turku University Hospital, Turku, Finland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 90:296-302. 2011..of oral S-ketamine with the cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2B6 inhibitor ticlopidine and the CYP3A inhibitor itraconazole. In this randomized, blinded, crossover study, 11 healthy volunteers ingested 0...
- Species distribution and antifungal susceptibility of Candida bloodstream isolates in a tertiary medical center in IsraelZ Samra
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Petach Tikva, 49100, Israel
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 24:592-5. 2005..albicans isolates, in 3.4% of C. parapsilosis isolates, and in 21.4% of C. glabrata isolates. Resistance to itraconazole was detected in 3.2% of C. albicans isolates, in 2.9% of C. tropicalis isolates, in 3.4% of C...
- In meta-analysis itraconazole is superior to fluconazole for prophylaxis of systemic fungal infection in the treatment of haematological malignancyA G Prentice
Br J Haematol 132:656-8; author reply 658-9. 2006
- Clinical study of solid dispersions of itraconazole prepared by hot-stage extrusionKarel Six
Laboratorium voor Farmacotechnologie en Biofarmacie, Campus Gasthuisberg O N, 49 Herestraat, B 3000, K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Sci 24:179-86. 2005The aim of this study was to investigate the performance of three new solid dispersion formulations of itraconazole in human volunteers in comparison with Sporanox, the marketed form...
- Comparative cost-effectiveness of posaconazole versus fluconazole or itraconazole prophylaxis in patients with prolonged neutropeniaCurtis D Collins
Department of Pharmacy Services, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 65:2237-43. 2008A cost-effectiveness analysis was performed to investigate the financial impact of using posaconazole versus fluconazole or itraconazole prophylaxis in patients with prolonged neutropenia.
- Development of a new Imaging Platform for Pharmaceutical and Biomedical applicatiLynne S Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2012..Model drugs will include itraconazole and griseofulvin (combined with oral delivery polymers), dexamethasone and naltrexone (combined with ..
- Acyclic Cucurbit n uril Molecular Containers for Drug Solubilization and DeliveryLYLE D ISAACS; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. paclitaxel, clopidogrel, fenofibrate, cinnarizine, itraconazole) as well as drugs in various stages of development by our academic and pharmaceutical collaborators and will be ..
- THE YEAST ERGOSTEROL PATHWAYMartin Bard; Fiscal Year: 2007..classes, the polyenes (amphotericin B) target plasma membrane-bound sterols and the azoles (fluconazole, and itraconazole) target the cytochrome P450-mediated step, lanosterol C-14 demethylation...
- YEAST ERGOSTEROL PATHWAY--NEW ANTIFUNGAL TARGET SITESMartin Bard; Fiscal Year: 1999..B) target plasma membrane-bound sterols and the new classes of azoles (ketoconazole, fluconazole, and itraconazole) target the cytochrome P450-mediated step, lanosterol C-14 demethylation...
- TRICHOPHYTON AND ASPERGILLUS IMMUNOLOGY AND LUNG DISEASEThomas Platts Mills; Fiscal Year: 1999..trials with systemic antifungals: FIuconazole for patients with asthma who are infected with Trichophyton; and Itraconazole for patients with cystic fibrosis colonized with A. fumigatus...
- REDUCED DRUG INTERACTIONS OF AZOLE ANTIFUNGAL DRUGSJoseph Gal; Fiscal Year: 2003..The "azoles" ketoconazole and itraconazole are important and widely-used oral antifungal agents, but the use of these drugs is limited by adverse side ..
- Planning a Multicenter Oral Itraconazole Trial in Chronic Rhinosinusitis PatientsHirohito Kita; Fiscal Year: 2007..a prospective, multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial to investigate the efficacy of oral itraconazole in patients with CRS with nasal polyps...
- Antifungal Drug Resistance in AspergillusKieren Marr; Fiscal Year: 2004..fumigatus, which appears to have a high degree of resistance to Itraconazole. The studies proposed herein will facilitate our understanding of the clinical significance of a new ..
- ADULT AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS GROUPMichael Saag; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- RECENT ADVANCES IN AIDS AND HIV RESEARCHMichael Saag; Fiscal Year: 2007..CME credit for attending physicians will be provided. ..
- Prevention/diagnosis/fungal infections/transplantationBarbara Alexander; Fiscal Year: 2005..This approach will shorten the time from development to clinical implementation in therapeutic trials and guidelines. ..
- Sterol Biosynthesis in Trypanosomatid ParasitesFrederick Buckner; Fiscal Year: 2004..The drugs discovered in this research program will hopefully provide better future treatment for patients with these devastating diseases. ..
- Calcineurin and Aspergillus fumigatus PathogenesisWILLIAM STEINBACH; Fiscal Year: 2008..I will also test the non-immunosuppressive calcineurin inhibitor analogs to decrease the total level of immunosuppression and therefore increase the overall antifungal efficacy of exploiting the calcineurin pathway. ..
- Detection and Significance of Antifungal Resistance in Oropharyngeal CandidiasisThomas F Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research is aimed at developing rapid molecular tests to detect yeasts which are resistant to antifungal agents in order to allow early use of more effective therapy. ..
- Host-Response Relationships in Patients with CandidemiaMelissa Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- A pharmacogenetic and pharmacodynamic study of erlotinibCHARLES RUDIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Defining the basis of this toxicity could also promote the development of EGFR-directed agents that may avoid such toxicity or that may be effective in a broader spectrum of cancer patients. ..
- Phase I/II Study of MS-275 and 5-Azacytidine in Patients with Advanced Non-SmallCHARLES RUDIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, this approach could alter the poor prognosis of individuals with this disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adrenergic Antagonism During Murine CandidiasisBrad Spellberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..For these reasons, the potential for adrenergic antagonism to act as an effective immunotherapy is highly meritorious of investigation in this training application. ..
- MELANOGENESIS IN CRYPTOCOCCUS NEOFORMANSJOSHUA NOSANCHUK; Fiscal Year: 2002..To explore the structure of melanin using biochemistry, phage display peptide libraries and mAbs; and 4. To use peptides and mAbs to study C. neoformans melanogenesis in vivo and in vitro. ..
- MECHANISM OF IL-12 INHIBITION BY CANDIDA ALBICANSMahmoud Ghannoum; Fiscal Year: 2009..Data obtained from these studies will lead to a better understanding of the complex immune response to CA infection and may identify novel prevention/treatment strategies for candidiasis. ..
- MOLECULAR TARGETS OF BLOCKING MALARIA TRANSMISSIONJoseph M Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2010..falciparum chitinase, PfCHTI, and provide the scientific basis for developing novel potential approaches to interrupting malaria transmission at the vertebrate host-mosquito vector interface. ..
- Monoclonal antibodies to inhibit Aspergillus germinationMARTA L FELDMESSER; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is anticipated that this study will identify fungal molecules important for germination and begin to define their interaction with host immune responses. ..
- Antibody Protection in HistoplamosisJOSHUA NOSANCHUK; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies are expected to lead to insights into H. capsulatum pathogenesis and initiate the development of new therapeutic and diagnostic reagents. ..
- Dopamine Systems and Neuropsychiatric Changes in HIV/AIDSBenjamin B Gelman; Fiscal Year: 2010..The project breaks ground neuroscientifically, as no autopsy study has advanced to a "task specific" behavioral correlation with circuit level anomalies of a specific neurotransmitter system. ..
- QUALITY OF LIFE AND RELATIONSHIPS AFTER BMTJohn Wingard; Fiscal Year: 2001..This information is essential to subsequent planning and implementation of relevant, well-aimed interventions to minimize psychosocial disruption and enhance growth in future BMT recipients and their loved ones. ..
- Aspergillosis: Engineering Antibody for DiagnosisMarta Feldmesser; Fiscal Year: 2006..The availability of reagents that have potential to improve both sensitivity and specificity of galactomannan detection would be a significant advance. ..
- TEXAS REPOSITORY FOR AIDS NEUROPATHOGENESIS RESEARCHBenjamin Gelman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ADULT AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITMitchell Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Specialized immunology, virology, and pharmacology laboratories will support this work. ..
- Enzyme Targets-Sterol Synthesis-Opportunistic PathogensWILLIAM NES; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results from these studies will facilitate the design of therapeutic strategies aimed to provide species-specific discrimination of inhibition in the ergosterol biosynthetic pathway. ..
- IRB Assessment and Education ProjectRichard Johnston; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR TOXICOLOGY OF EPOXIDE HYDROLASECURTIS OMIECINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- HIV and the Proteasome in the Aging Human BrainBenjamin Gelman; Fiscal Year: 2005..The linkage between brain inflammation and altered neuronal protein turnover could lead to a unifying functional concept of dementia with application to HIV and aging both. ..
- MOLECULAR TARGETS OF BLOCKING MALARIA TRANSMISSIONJoseph Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- North Carolina Needs Assessment for Oral Cancer ControlLauren Patton; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Monoclonal antibodies for invasive aspergillosisMarta Feldmesser; Fiscal Year: 2003..To determine the biological activity of MAbs generated in Aim 2 in murine models of invasive aspergillosis. It is anticipated that this study will identify important targets for further investigation. ..
- Leptospirosis Transmission in the Peruvian AmazonJoseph Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Innate Effectors of rAls3p-N Anti-Candida VaccineBrad J Spellberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..PNS 398/2590 (Rev. 11/07) Page - Continuation Format Page ..
- Human Reservoirs of Plasmodium vivax Transmission in the Peruvian AmazonJoseph M Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2010..vivax, and provide a rational basis for determining strategies to implement and deploy new transmission- blocking vaccines as one approach towards the future elimination of P. vivax malaria from the Amazon basin. ..
- International Leptospirosis Society Meeting 2007Joseph Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] Outcome of the meeting will be assessed by peer-reviewed publication and trainee publication and[unreadable] career advancement. ..
- MYELOPATHY AND NEUROPATHY DURING CHANGING HIV BURDENBenjamin Gelman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Together, the studies we have proposed will provide insights concerning prevalent AIDS morbidities in the HAART era. ..
- Biology and Drug Resistance of Candida BiofilmsMahmoud Ghannoum; Fiscal Year: 2005..albicans biofilms. By studying biofilm model systems and applying this knowledge to the patient population, we will gain a wealth of data about the biology and drug resistance of C. albicans in biofilms. ..
- Pharmacodynamics in Antifungal ResistanceDavid Andes; Fiscal Year: 2005..The candidate's goal is to integrate knowledge of antifungal PD and the acquisition of approaches and skills in molecular biology through the completion of this grant. ..
- Ultrasensitive FACTT assays for serum biomarkersXiaowei Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] ASSESSMENT: [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Microarray Analysis of Leptospiral GenomesJoseph Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetics of Innate Immunity in Human Leptospirosis in BrazilJoseph Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF CYTOCHROME P450 EXPRESSIONCURTIS OMIECINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2002....