- Anaerobic growth of Escherichia coli on D-tartrate depends on the fumarate carrier DcuB and fumarase, rather than the L-tartrate carrier TtdT and L-tartrate dehydratase
Ok Bin Kim
Institut für Mikrobiologie und Weinforschung, Universitat Mainz, Becherweg 15, 55099 Mainz, Germany
Arch Microbiol 188:583-9. 2007
..No D-tartrate specific carriers and enzymes are involved in the pathway...
- L-tartaric acid synthesis from vitamin C in higher plants
School of Agriculture, Food, and Wine, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:5608-13. 2006
- Effect of organic acids on adsorption and desorption of rare earth elements
Xiao Quan Shan
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing
Chemosphere 47:701-10. 2002
..5. The reasons for this were ascribed to the strong complexing capacity of citric and malic acids and low soil pH, CEC and organic matter of Jiangxi soil...
- Organic acids influence iron uptake in the human epithelial cell line Caco-2
Department of Food Science, Chalmers University of Technology, P O Box 5401, SE 402 29 Goteborg, Sweden
J Agric Food Chem 50:6233-8. 2002
..The results may be important for elucidating factors affecting iron bioavailability in the small intestine and for the development of foods with improved iron bioavailability...
- [Simultaneous determination of eight organic acids in Fructus mume by RP-HPLC]
Zhan Guo Chen
College of Chemistry and Materials Science, Shaaxi Normal University, Xi an 710062, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 31:1783-6. 2006
..To develop an HPLC method for the simultaneous separation and determination of oxalic acid (OA), tartaric acid(TA), malic acid(MA), vitamin C (VC), lactic acid (LA), acetic acid (AA) citric acid (CA) and succinic acid (SA) in Fructus mume...
- Simultaneous and direct determination of oxalic acid, tartaric acid, malic acid, vitamin C, citric acid, and succinic acid in Fructus mume by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography
Department of Chemistry, School of Chemistry and Material Science, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi an, PR China
J Chromatogr Sci 40:35-9. 2002
..The method can be used for the purpose of routine analysis and the quality control of a botanic (Fructus mume) containing these effective components...
- Effect of organic acids and hydrogen peroxide on Cryptosporidium parvum viability in fruit juices
Kalmia E Kniel
Department of Food Science and Technology, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
J Food Prot 66:1650-7. 2003
..The addition of low concentrations of H2O2 can represent a valuable alternative to pasteurization...
- Erosive effects of different acids on bovine enamel: release of calcium and phosphate in vitro
Department of Operative Dentistry, Preventive Dentistry and Periodontology, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Arch Oral Biol 50:541-52. 2005
..During short time exposition at constant pH level, erosive effects mainly depend on pH and type of acid but not on amount of titratable acid...
- Gas chromatographic determination of organic acids from fruit juices by combined resin mediated methylation and extraction in supercritical carbon dioxide
T J Barden
Australian Government Analytical Laboratories, Pymble, NSW 2073, Australia
J Chromatogr A 785:251-61. 1997
..A simple new technique for the determination of citric/isocitric acid ratio is now available. Also, in contrast to HPLC methods, the identity of an analyte is readily confirmed by GC-MS...
- Desorption of copper and cadmium from soils enhanced by organic acids
Environmental Science Research Institute, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, PR China
Chemosphere 68:1289-97. 2007
..The net effect determined the desorption efficiency. This study provided guidance for the selection of organic acids to enhance the electrokinetic (EK) remediation of copper and cadmium from contaminated soils...
- Combined impact of pH and organic acids on iron uptake by Caco-2 cells
Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Chalmers University of Technology, PO Box 5401, SE 402 29 Goteborg, Sweden
J Agric Food Chem 51:7820-4. 2003
..For ferric iron the organic acids promoted uptake both by chelation and by lowering the pH, whereas for ferrous iron the promoting effect was caused only by the lowered pH...
- High-performance liquid chromatographic separation and quantification of citric, lactic, malic, oxalic and tartaric acids using a post-column photochemical reaction and chemiluminescence detection
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry University of Murcia, 30071 Murcia, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1026:57-64. 2004
..The applicability of the assay was demonstrated by analysing these compounds in real samples such as milk, fruit juices, soft drinks, wine and beer...
- An improved method for the extraction of low molecular weight organic acids in variable charge soils
Institute of Soil Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Anal Sci 23:539-43. 2007
..Simultaneously, the LMWOAs in Agri-Udic Ferrosol with field moisture were measured with a satisfactory result...
- Enhancement effect study of some organic acids on the calcium availability of vegetables: application of the dynamic in vitro simulated gastrointestinal digestion method with continuous-flow dialysis
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Rama VI Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
J Agric Food Chem 54:9010-6. 2006
..An enhancement effect from added organic acids was not clearly observed for Chinese kale, which itself contains a high amount of available calcium (52.9%)...
- A naked-eye sensing ensemble for the selective detection of citrate--but not tartrate or malate--in water based on a tris-cationic receptor
Universitat Wurzburg, Institut fur Organische Chemie, Am Hubland, 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
Org Biomol Chem 4:836-8. 2006
..Citrate 3 can be selectively detected in aqueous solvents even in the presence of malate or tartrate using a naked-eye detection system based on the complex between tris-cation 1 and carboxyfluorescein 2...
- The hygroscopic properties of dicarboxylic and multifunctional acids: measurements and UNIFAC predictions
Department of Chemical Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon
Environ Sci Technol 35:4495-501. 2001
..The modified UNIFAC model improves the agreement of predictions and measurements to within 38% for all the acids studied...
- Development and validation of a capillary electrophoresis method for direct measurement of isocitric, citric, tartaric and malic acids as adulteration markers in orange juice
, Universidad San Pablo-CEU, , Madrid, Spain
J Chromatogr A 881:395-401. 2000
..Detection was direct UV at 200 nm. Different kinds and marks of orange juice, chosen from the great variety existent in the market, were analysed and clear differences could be found between them and just pressed orange juice...
- Comparative analysis of influence of promoters and inhibitors on in vitro available iron using two methods
A Jyothi Lakshmi
Department of Studies in Food Science and Nutrition, Manasagangothri, University of Mysore, Mysore, India
Int J Food Sci Nutr 57:559-69. 2006
..The overall observations showed that although absolute values varied widely, a positive correlation existed between the methods...
- Effects of exogenous chelators on phytoavailability and toxicity of Pb in Zinnia elegans Jacq
Key Laboratory of Terrestrial Ecological Process, Institute of Applied Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenyang 110016, China
J Hazard Mater 146:341-6. 2007
..Thus, chelating agents in their appropriately concentrations could counteract Pb toxicity, but superfluous chelators resulted in less Pb uptake and growth inhibition of the seedlings...
- Influence of organic ligands on Cr desorption from hydroxy-Cr intercalated montmorillonite
William E Dubbin
Department of Mineralogy, The Natural History Museum, London SW7 5BD, UK
Chemosphere 54:1071-7. 2004
..Oxalate, tartrate, and citrate were shown to be effective chelators of sorbed Cr and these ligands may therefore play an important role in the mobilisation and cycling of this metal in soils and sediments...
- [Microbial biomass affected by cadmium with the occurrence of organic acids in red soil]
College of Environmental Sciences and Natural Resources, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 13:300-2. 2002
..However, the C:N ratio of soil microbial biomass was increased with increasing concentration of cadmium. Organic acids could increase microbial biomass carbon and nitrogen when soil was not added with cadmium...
- Packed column supercritical fluid chromatography of a peroxysome proliferator-activating receptor agonist drug. Achiral and chiral purity of substance, formulation assay and its enantiomeric purity
Analytical Development, AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, S 431 83 Molndal, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 1042:173-80. 2004
..The minor enantiomer at the 3% (w/w) level added could be confirmed. Its ratio remained constant during the procedure as measured relative to a reference solution in organic media...
- Chiral separation of sympathomimetics and beta-blockers by ligand-exchange CE using Cu(II) complexes of L-tartaric acid and L-threonine as chiral selectors
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Karl Franzens University, Graz, Austria
Electrophoresis 28:2675-82. 2007
..Using Cu(II) ions as a complexing agent, a series of sympathomimetics and beta-blockers were resolved. It was found that the resolution strongly depends on selector concentration and pH. The optimum pH for complexation was 12...
- High-performance liquid chromatographic separation of rolipram, bupivacaine and omeprazole using a tartardiamide-based stationary phase influence of flow rate and temperature on the enantioseparation
Ivanildo José da Silva Junior
Department of Biotechnological Processes, School of Chemical Engineering, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, P O Box 6066, 13083 970 Campinas SP, Brazil
J Chromatogr A 1162:97-102. 2007
..Van't Hoff plots provided the thermodynamic data. The variation of the thermodynamic parameters enthalpy and entropy are clearly negative meaning that the separation is enthalpy controlled...
- Determination of enantiomeric compositions of analytes using novel fluorescent chiral molecular micelles and steady state fluorescence measurements
Alicia A Williams
Department of Chemistry, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
J Fluoresc 18:285-96. 2008
..Prediction ability was evaluated by use of the root-mean-square percent relative error (RMS%RE) and was found to range from 2.04 to 4.06%...
- The first and second cinchona rearrangement. Two fundamental transformations of alkaloid chemistry
M Heiko Franz
Department of Organic Chemistry, University of Hannover, Schneiderberg 1 B, 30167 Hannover, Germany
J Org Chem 69:2983-91. 2004
..Stereoelectronic factors, electron demand at C9, ground state conformation, and solvent type are crucial in all cases. A two-step protocol for preparing 9-epi-configured Cinchona alkaloids from 9-nat precursors is described...
- Purpurinimide-fullerene dyads: introduction of fullerene moiety at various peripheral positions of the purpurinimide system
Photodynamic Therapy Center and the Department of Nuclear Medicine and Radiology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Org Lett 6:2393-6. 2004
..Remarkably different effects of the position of the fullerene moiety in the formation of atropisomers were observed...
- Total syntheses of naturally occurring diacetylenic spiroacetal enol ethers
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
J Org Chem 70:6045-52. 2005
..The newly developed procedures could be successfully applied to the first total synthesis of five diacetylenic spiroacetal enol ether natural products starting from commercially available (R,R)- or (S,S)-diethyl tartrate...
- Exceptional chiral recognition of racemic carboxylic acids by calixarenes bearing optically pure alpha,beta-amino alcohol groups
Yan Song Zheng
Department of Chemistry, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, P R China
Org Lett 6:1189-92. 2004
..structure: see text]..
- Practical asymmetric synthesis of a gamma-secretase inhibitor exploiting substrate-controlled intramolecular nitrile oxide-olefin cycloaddition
Jeremy P Scott
Department of Process Research, Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, Hertford Road, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire EN11 9BU, United Kingdom
J Org Chem 71:3086-92. 2006
..Kilogram quantities of the targeted drug candidate (-)-1 were obtained, without recourse to chromatography, by way of 10 isolated intermediates and in 13% overall yield...
- Catalytic asymmetric synthesis of a nitrogen analogue of dialkyl tartrate by direct mannich reaction under phase-transfer conditions
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Org Lett 6:2397-9. 2004
..This methodology enables the catalytic asymmetric synthesis of differentially protected 3-aminoaspartate, a nitrogen analogue of dialkyl tartrate. The product (syn-5) was converted into a precursor (6) of streptolidine lactam...
- Formation of chiral surface with enantiomeric tartaric acid on gemini-structured self-assembled monolayers
Department of Electronic Chemistry, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta cho, Midori ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 226 8502, Japan
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 6:1772-8. 2006
..Our results imply a preferential crystalline growth of chiral molecules on the same chiral surface, which may lead to a work for optical resolution into two enantiomers at a solid-liquid interface...
- Investigation of a tartaric acid-based linear polyamide and dimer as chiral selectors in liquid chromatography
Department of Chemistry, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Chirality 17:79-84. 2005
..The linear polyamide showed lower enantioselectivity and higher retention than Kromasil CHI-DMB...
- Alfred Werner's inorganic counterparts of racemic and mesomeric tartaric acid: a milestone revisited
W Gregory Jackson
Department of Chemistry, School of Physical, Environmental and Mathematical Sciences, University College UNSW, Australian Defence Force Academy, Northcott Drive, Canberra, ACT, Australia 2600
Inorg Chem 43:6249-54. 2004
..The nitro bridge is unsymmetrically N-O bonded, and each dinuclear ion is therefore asymmetric, a fact also clearly apparent in the (1)H and (13)C NMR spectra...
- Chiral C(2)-symmetric ligands with 1,4-dioxane backbone derived from tartrates: syntheses and applications in asymmetric hydrogenation
Department of Chemistry, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
J Org Chem 67:7618-23. 2002
Chiral 1,4-diphenylphosphines 5-7 as well as thioether 8 were synthesized from tartrates employing Ley's "BDA" and "Dispoke" methodologies as the key step...
- Studies into the stereoselectivity of tartrate-derived dienophiles
Wei Der Lee
Department of Chemistry, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37235, USA
Org Lett 7:1687-9. 2005
..Complementary diastereoselectivity is observed depending on the nature of the 1,2-diol protecting group incorporated in these dienophiles...
- Total stereoselective synthesis of (+)-goniothalesdiol
M Carmen Carreño
Departamento de Quimica Organica C I, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Org Lett 7:5517-20. 2005
- Prostatic acid phosphatase: structural aspects of inhibition by L-(+)-tartrate ions
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of South Carolina, Columbia 29208, USA
Acta Biochim Pol 44:673-8. 1997
..Chem., 1993, 268, 20744-20746) contains the model of the ligand with incorrect chirality. We report here the correct model and discuss the relation between this model and the model of the inhibitory complexes between PAP and oxy-anions...
- Determination of acids and volatile compounds in red Txakoli wine by high-performance liquid chromatography and gas chromatography
, Facultad de Ciencias, , Bilbao, Spain
J Chromatogr A 823:349-54. 1998
..The major differences observed in the samples obtained from Hondarrabi Beltza variety are their higher contents in ethanol, propanol, ethyl acetate and tartaric and malic acids...
- From chiral counterions to twisted membranes
Institut Europeen de Chimie et Biologie, 16 Av Pey Berland, 33607 Pessac Cedex, France
J Am Chem Soc 124:13486-94. 2002
..Our work also includes the first application of vibrational circular dichroism in the study of chiral conformations of amphiphiles in membranes and demonstrates the very high potential of this technique...
- Rapid separation and analysis of six organic acids in Bayer liquors by RP-HPLC after solid-phase extraction
Jian Bo Xiao
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Central South University, 410083 Changsha, China
Ann Chim 96:347-54. 2006
..80% and < 3.74%, respectively. The accuracy of the method was confirmed with an average recovery ranging between 85.2 and 107.3%. Under optimum conditions the detection limits ranged from 50 to 1000 mg/L...
- Identification of the L-tartrate dehydratase genes (ttdA and ttdB) of Escherichia coli and evolutionary relationship with the class I fumarase genes
S K Reaney
Krebs Institute for Biomolecular Research, Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of Sheffield, UK
J Gen Microbiol 139:1523-30. 1993
..E. coli can use L-, D- and meso-tartrates as aerobic growth substrates and as reducible substrates for supporting anaerobic growth on glycerol...
- Computer-aided design of chiral ligands. Part 2. Functionality mapping as a method to identify stereocontrol elements for asymmetric reactions
Marisa C Kozlowski
Department of Chemistry, Roy and Diana Vagelos Laboratories, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Org Chem 68:2061-76. 2003
..including the Masamune dimethylborolane, dimenthylborane, the Corey stien reagent, the Roush allylboronate tartrates, and the secondary amine Diels-Alder catalysts described by MacMillan...
- Synthesis, conformation and chiroptical properties of diaryl esters of tartaric acid
Department of Chemistry, Adam Mickiewicz University, 60 780 Poznan, Poland
J Org Chem 74:4573-83. 2009
..Dinaphthyl tartrates show unusually strong exciton Cotton effects (A = -228 for di-1-naphthyl l-tartrate) due to the coupling of ..
- Chiral separation by enantioselective liquid-liquid extraction
University of Groningen, Chemical Engineering Department, Nijenborgh 4, 9747 AG, Groningen, The Netherlands
Org Biomol Chem 9:36-51. 2011
..The following extractant classes are considered: crown ether based extractants, metal complexes and metalloids, extractants based on tartrates, and a final section with all other types of chiral extractants.
- Tartric acid-based linker for the solid-phase synthesis of C-terminal peptide alpha-oxo aldehydes
UMR 8525 CNRS Institut Pasteur de Lille Université de Lille 2, Institut de Biologie de Lille, 1 rue du Professeur Calmette, 59019 Lille, France
J Org Chem 66:4153-60. 2001
..The C-terminal peptide alpha-oxo aldehydes synthesized in this study were found to be useful partners in hydrazone, thiazolidine, and oxime chemical ligations...
- Mechanism of change in enantiomer migration order of enantioseparation of tartaric acid by ligand exchange capillary electrophoresis with Cu(II) and Ni(II)-D-quinic acid systems
Sen ichi Aizawa
Graduate School of Science and Engineering, University of Toyama, Gofuku, Toyama, Japan
Electrophoresis 33:523-7. 2012
- Bioplastics from feather quill
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2P5
Biomacromolecules 12:3826-32. 2011
..Propylene glycol and diethyl tartrate exhibited lower H-bonding interactions and showed wide transition regions in DMA profiles during heating, suggesting weak and heterogeneous interactions between quill keratin and these plasticizers...
- The effect of the presence of metatartaric acid on removal effectiveness of heavy metal ions on chelating ion exchangers
Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Maria Curie Sklodowska University, Maria Curie Sklodowska Sq 2, 20 031 Lublin, Poland
Environ Technol 32:805-16. 2011
..Temperature does not affect the sorption process significantly. The sorption data were well fitted by the Langmuir adsorption model whereas kinetics of the sorption process was well described by the pseudo second order kinetics equation...
- Tumor shrinkage by cyclopamine tartrate through inhibiting hedgehog signaling
Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Department of Pediatrics and The Simon Cancer Center, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Chin J Cancer 30:472-81. 2011
..Taken together, we found that CycT is an effective inhibitor of Hh signaling-mediated carcinogenesis...
- A long-latency aversive learning mechanism enables locusts to avoid odours associated with the consequences of ingesting toxic food
Patrício M V Simões
Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB1 3BU, UK
J Exp Biol 215:1711-9. 2012
..Therefore, locusts can form specific long-lasting aversive olfactory associations that they can use to avoid toxin-containing foods whilst foraging...
- Induction of homochirality in achiral enantiomorphous monolayers
Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Research EMPA, Molecular Surface Technologies 125, Uberlandstrasse 129, CH 8600 Dubendorf, Switzerland
J Am Chem Soc 126:15398-9. 2004
..In analogy to the "sergeants-and-soldiers" principle described for helical polymers, this effect is explained by a lateral cooperative interaction within the two-dimensional lattice...
- Synergistic effect of salt mixture on the gelation temperature and morphology of methylcellulose hydrogel
Mrinal Kanti Bain
Department of Polymer Science and Technology, University of Calcutta, 92 A P C Road, Kolkata 700 009, India
Int J Biol Macromol 51:831-6. 2012
..It was clear from ESEM images that when NaC and NaT were used separately the formation of network was not distinguishable. But, well-connected network structure was observed when a mixture 0.1 M NaC and 0.1 M NaT was used...
- Influence of the freezing method on the changes that occur in grape samples after frozen storage
Luis G Santesteban
Departamento de Producción Agraria, Universidad Publica de Navarra, 31006, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
J Sci Food Agric 93:3010-5. 2013
..However, freezing is usually performed using standard freezers, which provide a slow freezing. The aim of this work was to evaluate whether blast freezing would decrease the impact of standard freezing on grape composition...
- A chiral molecular conductor: synthesis, structure, and physical properties of [ET]3[Sb2(L-tart)2].CH3CN (ET = bis(ethylendithio)tetrathiafulvalene; L-tart = (2R,3R)-(+)-tartrate)
Instituto de Ciencia Molecular, Universidad de Valencia, C Doctor Moliner 50, 46100 Burjassot, Spain
Inorg Chem 43:8072-7. 2004
..cm(-1) and semiconducting behavior with an activation energy of approximately 85 meV. Analysis of the magnetic susceptibility and band structure, however, suggests that this compound should be a narrow band gap semiconductor...
- 13C and 18O isotopic analysis to determine the origin of L-tartaric acid
European Commission, Joint Research Centre, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection, Physical and Chemical Exposure Unit, BEVABS, TP740, Italy
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 19:1227-30. 2005
- The nature of the stimulus and of the fumarate binding site of the fumarate sensor DcuS of Escherichia coli
Institut für Mikrobiologie und Weinforschung, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, 55099 Mainz, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:20596-603. 2005
..Therefore, the R147A mutation affected signal perception and transfer to the kinase but not the kinase activity per se...
- Enantiospecific total synthesis of (-)-bengamide E
Prashant K Metri
Department of Organic Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Sir C V Raman Av, Bangalore 560 012, India
Chem Asian J 8:488-93. 2013
..Key reactions in the synthesis include desymmetrization of the bis(dimethylamide) unit of tartaric acid, Zn(BH(4))(2)-mediated anti-selective reduction, and a Horner-Wadsworth-Emmons olefination...
- An extensive investigation on nucleation, growth parameters, crystalline perfection, spectroscopy, thermal, optical, microhardness, dielectric and SHG studies on potential NLO crystal - ammonium Hydrogen L-tartarte
School of Advanced Sciences, Vellore Institute of Technology University, Vellore, Tamilnadu 632 014, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 103:388-99. 2013
..Fluorescence spectral studies were carried in the range of 280-500 nm for the grown crystal. The SHG conversion efficiency and laser damage threshold were measured using an Nd: YAG laser (1064 nm)...
- Reactive electrospinning and biodegradation of cross-linked methacrylated polycarbonate nanofibers
Department of Comprehensive Dentistry and Biomaterials, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
Biomed Mater 6:035004. 2011
- Application of partial least square on quantitative analysis of L-, D-, and DL-tartaric acid by terahertz absorption spectra
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka Ohtani University, 3 11 1 Nishikiori kita, Tondabayashi, Osaka 584 8540, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 56:305-7. 2008
..Moreover, partial least square (PLS) can be found to improve the quantitation of L-tartaric acid in L- and DL-tartaric acid mixture by THz-TDS...
- Cyclization-induced turn-on fluorescence system applicable to dicarboxylate sensing
Institute for Advanced Study, Kyushu University, 744 Moto oka, Nishi ku, Fukuoka 819 0395 Japan Nanotechnology Laboratory, Institute of Systems, Information Technologies and Nanotechnologies ISIT, 4 1 Kyudai Shinmachi, Nishi ku, Fukuoka 819 0388 Japan
Chemistry 20:381-4. 2014
..This binding scheme achieves selective detection of dicarboxylates over monocarboxylates, thus is potentially applicable to the preliminary screening for metabolic disorders. ..
- Solution-phase chelators for suppressing nonspecific protein-metal interactions in electrospray mass spectrometry
Department of Chemistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, N6A 5B7, Canada
Anal Chem 81:5008-15. 2009
..The use of tartrate and possibly other weak chelators will greatly enhance the reliability of future ESI-MS studies on the interactions of proteins with divalent metal ions...
- A list of organic kryptoracemates
Pfizer Institute for Pharmaceutical Materials Science, Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre, 12 Union Road, Cambridge CB2 1EZ, England
Acta Crystallogr B 66:94-103. 2010
..The centroid of a pair of enantiomers is more likely (99.9% versus 99% probability) to be located on an inversion center than is the centroid of a potentially centrosymmetric molecule...
- Crystal structure of the narrow-spectrum OXA-46 class D beta-lactamase: relationship between active-site lysine carbamylation and inhibition by polycarboxylates
Jean Denis Docquier
Dipartimento di Biologia Molecolare, Universita di Siena, Siena, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:2167-74. 2010
- Fluorescent coordination polymeric gel from tartaric acid-assisted self-assembly
Sudip K Batabyal
Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543
Langmuir 26:7464-8. 2010
..Such fluorescence enhancement is attributed to the reduction in nonradiative decay in the aggregated state. The organogel exhibits viscoelastic behavior as evidenced from the rheological studies...
- A practical and azide-free synthetic approach to oseltamivir from diethyl D-tartrate
Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, P R China 510006
J Org Chem 75:3125-8. 2010
- Use of tert-butylbenzoylated tartardiamide chiral stationary phase for the enantiomeric resolution of acidic compounds by nano-liquid chromatography
Istituto di Metodologie Chimiche, C N R, Monterotondo Scalo Roma, Italy
J Sep Sci 29:1423-31. 2006
..A decrease in resolution was observed with rising temperature, showing that enantioresolution was mainly influenced by selectivity factors...
- Brucine salts of L-alpha-hydroxy acids: brucinium hydrogen (S)-malate pentahydrate and anhydrous brucinium hydrogen (2R,3R)-tartrate at 130 K
School of Physical and Chemical Sciences, Queensland University of Technology, GPO Box 2434, Brisbane, Queensland 4001, Australia
Acta Crystallogr C 62:o353-7. 2006
..In compound (II), the brucinium cations form the common undulating brucine sheet substructures, which accommodate parallel chains of head-to-tail hydrogen-bonded tartrate anion species in the interstitial cavities...
- Premixed calcium phosphate cements: synthesis, physical properties, and cell cytotoxicity
Hockin H K Xu
American Dental Association Foundation, Paffenbarger Research Center, 100 Bureau Drive Stop 8546, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD 20899 8546, USA
Dent Mater 23:433-41. 2007
..The objective of this study was to determine a formulation of premixed CPC (PCPC) with rapid setting, high strength, and good in vitro cell viability...
- Chemical composition and antidiabetic activity of Opuntia Milpa Alta extracts
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, P R China
Chem Biodivers 7:2869-79. 2010
..Taken together, the results indicate that the petroleum ether extract is the major hypoglycemic part in edible Opuntia Milpa Alta, which may be developed to a potential natural hypoglycemic functional ingredient...
- The tobacco industry's past role in weight control related to smoking
Department of Ambulatory Care and Community Medicine, Lausanne University Hospital, Switzerland
Eur J Public Health 22:234-7. 2012
..We examined whether the tobacco industry played a role in appetite and body weight control related to smoking and smoking cessation...
- Enhancement of intestinal absorption of poorly absorbed hydrophilic compounds by simultaneous use of mucolytic agent and non-ionic surfactant
Pharmaceutical Development Laboratories, Tanabe Seiyaku Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 62:52-8. 2006
..All these results suggest that the combination of a mucolytic agent and a non-ionic surfactant may have potential as an enhancing system for peroral delivery of poorly absorbed hydrophilic compounds like protein and peptide drugs...
- X-ray studies of crystalline complexes involving amino acids and peptides. XLIV. Invariant features of supramolecular association and chiral effects in the complexes of arginine and lysine with tartaric acid
Molecular Biophysics Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560 012, India
Acta Crystallogr B 63:459-68. 2007
..The relevant crystal structures appear to indicate that the preference of L-lysine for D-tartaric acid is perhaps caused by chiral discrimination resulting from the amplification of a small energy difference...
- Continuous production of L(+)-tartaric acid from cis-epoxysuccinate using a membrane recycle reactor
Research Group of Industrial Microbiology, Fermentation Technology and Downstream Processing, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 71:155-63. 2006
..The specific productivity could be nearly doubled when the number of reactors in the series was increased from 1 to 4...
- L-carnitine-L-tartrate promotes human hair growth in vitro
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Exp Dermatol 16:936-45. 2007
..They further encourage one to explore topical and nutraceutical administration of l-carnitine as a well-tolerated, relatively safe adjuvant treatment in the management of androgenetic alopecia and other forms of hair loss...
- Molecular cloning of the type 5, iron-containing, tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase from human placenta
C M Ketcham
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610
J Biol Chem 264:557-63. 1989
..Culture of K562 cells in presence of 10(-8) M phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate ester for 48-72 h enhanced TR-AP activity per cell about 30-fold and led to a corresponding increase in TR-AP mRNA levels...
- Mice deficient in lysosomal acid phosphatase develop lysosomal storage in the kidney and central nervous system
Zentrum Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Abteilung Biochemie II, Universitat Gottingen, Gosslerstrasse 12d, 37073 Gottingen, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 272:18628-35. 1997
..The causal relationship of the enzyme defect to the clinical manifestations remains to be determined...
- [Tartrate-sensitive and tartrate-resistant acid phosphatases in Amoeba proteus]
V A Sopina
Institute of Cytology RAS, St Petersburg
Tsitologiia 42:602-12. 2000
..Therefore, tartrate-resistant AcP in A. proteus may be a lysosomal enzyme, while tartrate-resistant AcP may correspond to serine/threonine protein phosphatase...
- Discrimination of d-tartrate-fermenting and -nonfermenting Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica isolates by genotypic and phenotypic methods
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, National Salmonella Reference Laboratory, D 12277 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 41:4292-7. 2003
..Consequently, the PCR d-tartrate assay should be the method of choice for the discrimination of d-tartrate-fermenting and -nonfermenting Salmonella strains in the future...
- Effects of sigma(1) receptor ligand MS-377 on D(2) antagonists-induced behaviors
Jun Ichi Karasawa
Drug Discovery Institute, Nihon Schering K K, 1900 1 Togo, Mobara, Chiba 297 0017, Japan
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 73:505-10. 2002
..These findings showed that MS-377 potentiates the efficacy of D(2) antagonists, but it does not deteriorate the adverse effect. Moreover, sigma(1) receptors are involved in this potentiation of the efficacy of D(2) antagonists by MS-377...
- Dicaffeoyltartaric acid analogues inhibit human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) integrase and HIV-1 replication at nontoxic concentrations
Ryan A Reinke
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Pathology, and Medicine, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Med Chem 45:3669-83. 2002
- Effects of organic acids on copper and cadmium desorption from contaminated soils
College of Environment and Resources, Zhejiang University, 310028 Hangzhou, China
Environ Int 29:613-8. 2003
..Based on these observations, we suggest that bioavailabilities of heavy metal can be promoted with selected suitable types and concentrations of organic acid amendment and reasonable field condition...
- Removal of Cu and Pb by tartaric acid modified rice husk from aqueous solutions
K K Wong
Faculty of Science and Environmental Studies, Department of Chemistry, University Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Chemosphere 50:23-8. 2003
..Metal uptake was reduced in the presence of competitive cations and chelators. The affinity of TARH for Pb is greater than Cu...
- Secreted phosphatase activity induced by dimethyl sulfoxide in Herpetomonas samuelpessoai
Andre L S Santos
Instituto de Microbiologia Prof Paulo de Goes, CCS, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Cidade Universitaria, Ilha do Fundao, RJ 21941 590, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Arch Biochem Biophys 405:191-8. 2002
..We also demonstrate that DMSO induced the secretion and/or shedding of this phosphatase to the extracellular medium, with a possible involvement of protein kinase C in this process...
- The glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored phosphatase from Spirodela oligorrhiza is a purple acid phosphatase
Laboratory of Environmental Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Environmental Earth Science, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0810, Japan
Plant Physiol 118:1015-20. 1998
..These results, together with previous findings, strongly indicate that the GPI-anchored phosphatase of S. oligorrhiza is a PAP...
- [Simultaneous determination of 11 organic acids in fruit juice by ion exclusion chromatography]
D H Guo
Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau of the People's Republic of China, Shanghai 200135, China
Se Pu 19:276-8. 2001
..The precision of the method was investigated and the relative standard deviations were from 1.5% to 9.8% (n = 10)...
- Effects of meluadrine tartrate on maternal metabolic responses and fetal hemodynamics in pregnant goats
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 90:114-20. 2002
..The present study suggests that meluadrine tartrate has a mild influence relative to the effects of ritodrine to the maternal metabolic responses and fetal cardiovascular function...
- Determination of the side-products formed during the nitroxide-mediated bleach oxidation of glucose to glucaric acid
UMR 1064 IRCOF INSA de Rouen, BP08, F 76131 Mont Saint Aignan Cédex, France
Carbohydr Res 337:1059-63. 2002
..The origin of all degradation products is rationalized. This study details a fast screening method to optimize the reaction conditions toward minimal degradation...
- Acylated anthocyanins from the blue-violet flowers of Anemone coronaria
Chemical Laboratory, Meiji Gakuin University, Totsuka, Yokohama, Japan
Phytochemistry 60:365-73. 2002
- Crystal structure of PMM/PGM: an enzyme in the biosynthetic pathway of P. aeruginosa virulence factors
Department of Biochemistry, 117 Schweitzer Hall, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Structure 10:269-79. 2002
- A novel NAD-binding protein revealed by the crystal structure of 2,3-diketo-L-gulonate reductase (YiaK)
Department of Biological Sciences, Northeast Structural Genomics Consortium, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
J Biol Chem 279:13148-55. 2004
..The free enzyme conformation is incompatible with NAD binding. His(44) is likely the catalytic residue of the enzyme...
- Inhibition by sigma receptor ligand, MS-377, of N-methyl- D-aspartate-induced currents in dopamine neurons of the rat ventral tegmental area
Department of Pharmacology, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, 734 8551, Japan
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 161:64-9. 2002
- Cloning, sequence, and developmental expression of a type 5, tartrate-resistant, acid phosphatase of rat bone
Department of Oral Pathology, Karolinska Institute, School of Dentistry, Huddinge, Sweden
J Biol Chem 266:24684-9. 1991
- Purification and characterization of an acid phosphatase from the commercial mushroom Agaricus bisporus
W J Wannet
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, University of Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1, NL 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 77:215-22. 2000
..Only phosphomonoesters were dephosphorylated. Antibodies raised against the purified enzyme could precipitate AP activity from a cell-free extract in an anticatalytic immunoprecipitation test...
- Synthesis of new chiral amines with a cyclic 1,2-diacetal skeleton derived from (2R, 3R)-(+)-tartaric acid
M Teresa Barros
Departamento de Química e Centro de Química Fina e Biotecnologia, Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Monte de Caparica, 2829 516 Caparica, Portugal
Molecules 11:177-96. 2006
- Hydrogen bonding in (2R,3R)-(+)-2,3-dimethoxybutanedioic acid [(+)-tartaric acid dimethyl ether]
R E Gerkin
Department of Chemistry, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Acta Crystallogr C 55:209-11. 1999
..OA distance is 2.665 (2) A. Each molecule is linked to four others by hydrogen bonds and to two others by C-H...O interactions. The dihedral angle between intramolecular carboxyl-group planes is 85.2 (1) degree...
- Stereoselective alkylation of tartrate derivatives. A concise route to (+)-O-methylpiscidic acid and natural analogues
Anthony J Burke
Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Oeiras, Portugal
Org Biomol Chem 4:2361-3. 2006
..The alkylation products obtained possessed a cis stereochemistry, which was confirmed by the synthesis of natural 4'-O-methylpiscidic acid dimethyl ester ...
- Cocrystallization and amorphization induced by drug-excipient interaction improves the physical properties of acyclovir
R and D Laboratories, Pola Pharma Inc, 560 Kashio cho, Totsuka ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 244 0812, Japan
Int J Pharm 422:160-9. 2012
..We successfully improved the physical properties of acyclovir by the cocrystallization and amorphization techniques, using pharmaceutical excipients...
- Multicomponent complex formation between vinpocetine, cyclodextrins, tartaric acid and water-soluble polymers monitored by NMR and solubility studies
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, 3000 295 Coimbra, Portugal
Eur J Pharm Sci 24:1-13. 2005
- Life-threatening hyperkalemia from cream of tartar ingestion
Daniel E Rusyniak
Department of Emergency Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Med Toxicol 9:79-81. 2013
..We report two cases in which intentional ingestions of cream of tartar resulted in life-threatening hyperkalemia. In addition, we briefly review the use of cream of tartar as a historical purgative...