Genomes and Genes
fibroblast growth factor receptors
Summary: Specific molecular sites or structures on cell membranes that react with FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORS (both the basic and acidic forms), their analogs, or their antagonists to elicit or to inhibit the specific response of the cell to these factors. These receptors frequently possess tyrosine kinase activity.
Publications346 found, 100 shown here
- Receptor specificity of the fibroblast growth factor familyD M Ornitz
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 271:15292-7. 1996..These data should serve as a biochemical foundation for determining developmental, physiological, and pathophysiological processes that involve FGF signaling pathways...
- Targeted disruption of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor 2 suggests a role for FGF signaling in pregastrulation mammalian developmentE Arman
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel 76100, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:5082-7. 1998..The role of early FGF signaling in pregastrulation development as a possible adaptation to mammalian (amniote) embryogenesis is discussed...
- Cellular signaling by fibroblast growth factor receptorsV P Eswarakumar
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, 333 Cedar Street, P O Box 208066, SHM B 295, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 16:139-49. 2005....
- FGFs, heparan sulfate and FGFRs: complex interactions essential for developmentD M Ornitz
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Bioessays 22:108-12. 2000..The establishment of a role for heparan sulfate in FGFR activation in vivo suggests that tissue-specific differences in the structure of heparan may modulate the activity of FGF. BioEssays 22:108-112, 2000...
- Craniosynostosis: genes and mechanismsA O Wilkie
Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Hum Mol Genet 6:1647-56. 1997....
- Role of fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 2 in the ureteric budHaotian Zhao
Center for Human and Molecular Genetics, Columbus Children s Research Institute, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Dev Biol 276:403-15. 2004..In conclusion, FGFR2, but not FGFR1, appears crucial for ureteric bud branching morphogenesis and stromal mesenchyme patterning...
- Mutations in fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 and fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 genes associated with human gastric and colorectal cancersJ H Jang
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Cancer Res 61:3541-3. 2001..Our results indicate that FGFR2 and FGFR3, in addition to their potential role in skeletal dysplasias, play an important role in tumorigenesis...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptors in in vitro and in vivo chondrogenesis: relating tissue engineering using adult mesenchymal stem cells to embryonic developmentCatharine A Hellingman
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Tissue Eng Part A 16:545-56. 2010..In embryonic limb development, fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFRs) play a role in chondrogenic differentiation...
- Fibroblast growth factors, their receptors and signalingC J Powers
School of Nursing, Department of Pharmacology, Department of Oncology, Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 7:165-97. 2000..FGF signaling also appears to play a role in tumor growth and angiogenesis, and autocrine FGF signaling may be particularly important in the progression of steroid hormone-dependent cancers to a hormone-independent state...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptors cooperate to regulate neural progenitor properties in the developing midbrain and hindbrainJonna Saarimäki-Vire
Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Neurosci 27:8581-92. 2007..We propose a model for regulation of progenitor cell self-renewal and neuronal differentiation by combinatorial intercellular signals in the ventral midbrain...
- FGF8-like1 and FGF8-like2 encode putative ligands of the FGF receptor Htl and are required for mesoderm migration in the Drosophila gastrulaTanja Gryzik
Institut fur Genetik, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Curr Biol 14:659-67. 2004..After gastrulation Htl is essential for the differentiation of dorsal mesodermal derivatives. It is not known how Htl is activated, because its ligand has not yet been identified...
- Determination of ligand-binding specificity by alternative splicing: two distinct growth factor receptors encoded by a single geneT Miki
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:246-50. 1992..Thus, two growth factor receptors with different ligand-binding specificities and expression patterns are encoded by alternative transcripts of the same gene...
- A signaling pathway leading to metastasis is controlled by N-cadherin and the FGF receptorKimita Suyama
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Cancer Cell 2:301-14. 2002..These results suggest that protection of the FGFR-1 from ligand-induced downregulation by N-cadherin enhances receptor signaling and provides a mechanism by which tumor cells can acquire metastatic properties...
- Growth inhibition by keratinocyte growth factor receptor of human salivary adenocarcinoma cells through induction of differentiation and apoptosisY Zhang
Department of Molecular Oral Medicine and Maxillofacial Surgery 1, Hiroshima University Faculty of Dentistry, 1-2-3 Kasumi, Minami-ku, Hiroshima 734-8553, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:11336-40. 2001..Our results provided significant insight into the mechanism of KGFR tumor suppression and suggest that KGFR gene therapy might be a viable method of inhibiting human salivary adenocarcinoma growth...
- Identification of an N-cadherin motif that can interact with the fibroblast growth factor receptor and is required for axonal growthE J Williams
Molecular Neurobiology Group, MRC Center for Developmental Neurobiology, King's College London, London SE1 1UL, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:43879-86. 2001..Thus, we can conclude that N-cadherin contains a novel motility motif in extracellular domain 4, and that peptide mimetics of this motif can interact with the FGFR...
- Fgfr2 is required for limb outgrowth and lung-branching morphogenesisE Arman
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:11895-9. 1999..Possible epithelial-mesenchymal interactions between the splicing alternatives of Fgfr2 and their specific ligands will be discussed...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2)-mediated reciprocal regulation loop between FGF8 and FGF10 is essential for limb inductionX Xu
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Metabolism, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 125:753-65. 1998....
- Sprouty1 and Sprouty2 provide a control mechanism for the Ras/MAPK signalling pathwayHiroshi Hanafusa
Department of Biophysics, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 4:850-8. 2002..Our findings suggest that Spry functions in a negative feedback mechanism in which its inhibitor activity is controlled rapidly and reversibly by post-translational mechanisms...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptors as molecular targets in thyroid carcinomaRosanne St Bernard
Department of Pathology, University Health Network and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Endocrinology 146:1145-53. 2005..These data indicate a role for FGFR-4 in human thyroid cancer cell progression and provide a rationale for FGFR manipulation as a potentially novel therapeutic approach...
- FGF-19, a novel fibroblast growth factor with unique specificity for FGFR4M H Xie
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Cytokine 11:729-35. 1999..FGF-19 message is expressed in several tissues including fetal cartilage, skin, and retina, as well as adult gall bladder and is overexpressed in a colon adenocarcinoma cell line...
- Cancer progression and tumor cell motility are associated with the FGFR4 Arg(388) alleleJohannes Bange
Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Cancer Res 62:840-7. 2002..Our results support the conclusion that the FGFR4 Arg(388) allele represents a determinant that is innocuous in healthy individuals but predisposes cancer patients for significantly accelerated disease progression...
- Frequent activating mutations of FGFR3 in human bladder and cervix carcinomasD Cappellen
Laboratoire de Morphogenèse Cellulaire et Progression Tumorale, UMR 144, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Curie, Section de Recherche, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Nat Genet 23:18-20. 1999
- Structural basis for FGF receptor dimerization and activationA N Plotnikov
Department of Pharmacology, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Cell 98:641-50. 1999..A general model for FGF- and heparin-induced FGFR dimerization is inferred from the crystal structure, unifying a wealth of biochemical data...
- Transformation and Stat activation by derivatives of FGFR1, FGFR3, and FGFR4K C Hart
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0367, USA
Oncogene 19:3309-20. 2000..Moreover, our results suggest that Stat activation by FGFRs is important in their ability to act as oncogenes...
- The t(8;22) in chronic myeloid leukemia fuses BCR to FGFR1: transforming activity and specific inhibition of FGFR1 fusion proteinsA Demiroglu
Department of Haematology, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Blood 98:3778-83. 2001..The study demonstrates that the BCR-FGFR1 fusion may occur in patients with apparently typical CML. Patients with constitutively active FGFR1 fusion genes may be amenable to treatment with specific FGFR1 inhibitors...
- Murine FGFR-1 is required for early postimplantation growth and axial organizationC X Deng
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Genes Dev 8:3045-57. 1994..Such abnormalities are unlikely to be caused by intrinsic blocks in mesodermal differentiation, as FGFR-1-deficient ES cell lines form teratomas consisting of many mesodermal cell types...
- A discrete period of FGF-induced Erk1/2 signalling is required for vertebrate neural specificationMarios P Stavridis
Division of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Development 134:2889-94. 2007....
- Integration of FGF and TWIST in calvarial bone and suture developmentD P Rice
Institute of Biotechnology and Institute of Dentistry, PO Box 56, Finland
Development 127:1845-55. 2000..We propose a model of osteoblast differentiation integrating Twist and FGF in the same pathway, in which FGF acts both at early and late stages. Disruption of this pathway may lead to craniosynostosis...
- Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) 18 signals through FGF receptor 3 to promote chondrogenesisDavid Davidson
Department of Medicine, Centre for Bone and Periodontal Research, McGill University, Montreal H3A 1A4, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:20509-15. 2005..This work, thus, identifies FGF18 and FGFR3 as potential molecular targets for intervention in tissue engineering aimed at cartilage repair and regeneration of damaged cartilage...
- The IIIc alternative of Fgfr2 is a positive regulator of bone formationVereragavan P Eswarakumar
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot Israel
Development 129:3783-93. 2002..This role contrasts with the negative role of Fgfr3, although recent reports implicate FGF18, a ligand for FGFR3IIIc and FGFR2IIIc, as a co-ordinator of osteogenesis via these two receptors...
- The hedgehog pathway is a modulator of retina regenerationJason R Spence
Department of Zoology, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056, USA
Development 131:4607-21. 2004..However, Hh inhibition increases the number of ganglion cells but does not have an effect on cell death. Taken together, our results suggest that the hedgehog pathway is an important modulator of retina regeneration...
- The Drosophila protein Dof is specifically required for FGF signalingS Vincent
Biozentrum, Universität Basel Abt Zellbiologie, Switzerland
Mol Cell 2:515-25. 1998..Dof is needed in these cells for activation of the MAPK cascade via FGF signaling, but not for activation via other RTK ligands. Dof therefore appears to be committed exclusively to FGFR-mediated signal transduction...
- Fgf8 morphogen gradient forms by a source-sink mechanism with freely diffusing moleculesShuizi Rachel Yu
Developmental Genetics, Biotechnology Center, TUD, Tatzberg 47 49, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Nature 461:533-6. 2009..Our results demonstrate that a freely diffusing morphogen can set up concentration gradients in a complex multicellular tissue by a simple source-sink mechanism...
- Constitutive activation of fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 by the transmembrane domain point mutation found in achondroplasiaM K Webster
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, 92093 0322, USA
EMBO J 15:520-7. 1996..Achondroplasia may be one of the number of cogenital disorders where constitutive activation of a member of the FGFR family leads to development abnormalities...
- Common and distinct elements in cellular signaling via EGF and FGF receptorsJoseph Schlessinger
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Science 306:1506-7. 2004..The differential circuitry of the intracellular networks that are activated by EGFR and FGFR may affect signal specificity and physiological responses...
- The t(6;8)(q27;p11) translocation in a stem cell myeloproliferative disorder fuses a novel gene, FOP, to fibroblast growth factor receptor 1C Popovici
Laboratoire d Oncologie Moleculaire, U 119 INSERM, Institut de Cancérologie et d Immunologie de Marseille, France
Blood 93:1381-9. 1999..It may promote hematopoietic stem cell proliferation and leukemogenesis through a constitutive phosphorylation and activation of the downstream pathway of FGFR1...
- A Ser252Trp [corrected] substitution in mouse fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (Fgfr2) results in craniosynostosisLin Chen
Genetics of Development and Disease Branch, NIDDK NIH, 10 9N105, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Bone 33:169-78. 2003..Thus, our data reveal that dysregulated apoptosis plays an important role in the pathogenesis of AS related phenotypes...
- Crystal structures of two FGF-FGFR complexes reveal the determinants of ligand-receptor specificityA N Plotnikov
Department of Pharmacology, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Cell 101:413-24. 2000..These structures provide a molecular basis for FGF1 as a universal FGFR ligand and for modulation of FGF-FGFR specificity through primary sequence variations and alternative splicing...
- Fibroblast growth factor-9 modulates the expression of myelin related proteins and multiple fibroblast growth factor receptors in developing oligodendrocytesR I Cohen
National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4160, USA
J Neurosci Res 61:273-87. 2000..The effects of FGF-9 and FGF-2 on FGFR and myelin protein levels were comparable; both up-regulated FGFR-1, and down-regulated FGFR-2, CNP, PLP and MBP. These findings suggest that FGF-9 may be important for glial cell development...
- Differential splicing in the extracellular region of fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 generates receptor variants with different ligand-binding specificitiesS Werner
Department of Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0724
Mol Cell Biol 12:82-8. 1992..Our data provide the first evidence that differential splicing in the extracellular region of a receptor gene generates receptor variants with different ligand-binding specificities...
- FGF signaling regulates mesoderm cell fate specification and morphogenetic movement at the primitive streakB Ciruna
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Cell 1:37-49. 2001..We propose that modulation of cytoplasmic beta-catenin levels, associated with FGF-induced downregulation of E-cadherin, provides a molecular link between FGF and Wnt signaling pathways at the streak...
- Conserved use of a non-canonical 5' splice site (/GA) in alternative splicing by fibroblast growth factor receptors 1, 2 and 3S R Twigg
Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK
Hum Mol Genet 7:685-91. 1998..Inclusion or exclusion of the Val-Thr dipeptide may play an important role in controlling FGFR signalling through the Ras/MAPK pathway...
- Endogenous retroviral sequence is fused to FGFR1 kinase in the 8p12 stem-cell myeloproliferative disorder with t(8;19)(p12;q13.3)Geraldine Guasch
INSERM U119, the Institut de Cancérologie et d Immunologie de Marseille, France
Blood 101:286-8. 2003..RT-PCR detected only 1 of the 2 possible fusion transcripts, HERV-K/FGFR1...
- Requirements of DFR1/Heartless, a mesoderm-specific Drosophila FGF-receptor, for the formation of heart, visceral and somatic muscles, and ensheathing of longitudinal axon tracts in CNSE Shishido
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Japan
Development 124:2119-28. 1997..DFR1 mutant phenotypes were partially mimicked by the targeted expression of activated Yan, thus demonstrating the MAP kinase pathway to be involved in differentiation of mesoderm...
- Targeting fibroblast growth factor receptors blocks PI3K/AKT signaling, induces apoptosis, and impairs mammary tumor outgrowth and metastasisJulien H Dey
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
Cancer Res 70:4151-62. 2010..Of interest are the downregulated matrix metalloproteases (MMP), in particular MMP9, which is essential for metastatic spread of 4T1 tumors...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptors control epithelial-mesenchymal interactions necessary for alveolar elastogenesisSorachai Srisuma
Division of Neonatology and Center for Pediatric Biomedical Research, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 181:838-50. 2010..Previous studies have identified impaired alveogenesis in mice bearing compound mutations of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptors (FGFRs) 3 and 4, indicating that these receptors cooperatively promote postnatal alveolar formation...
- Specificity for fibroblast growth factors determined by heparan sulfate in a binary complex with the receptor kinaseM Kan
Department of Biochemistry, Texas A and M University, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030 3303, USA
J Biol Chem 274:15947-52. 1999..In a physiological context, the heparan sulfate subunit may limit the redundancy among the current 18 FGF polypeptides for the 4 known FGFR...
- Targeted expression of a human pituitary tumor-derived isoform of FGF receptor-4 recapitulates pituitary tumorigenesisShereen Ezzat
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Invest 109:69-78. 2002..Here we show that targeted expression of ptd-FGFR4, but not FGFR4, results in pituitary tumors that morphologically recapitulate the human disease...
- Characterization of recombinant human fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-10 reveals functional similarities with keratinocyte growth factor (FGF-7)M Igarashi
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 273:13230-5. 1998..These results indicate that FGF-10 and KGF have similar receptor binding properties and target cell specificities, but are differentially regulated by components of the extracellular matrix...
- Structures of the tyrosine kinase domain of fibroblast growth factor receptor in complex with inhibitorsM Mohammadi
Department of Pharmacology, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Science 276:955-60. 1997..This structural information will facilitate the design of new inhibitors for use in the treatment of cancer and other diseases in which cell signaling by tyrosine kinases plays a crucial role in disease pathogenesis...
- Evolution of the Fgf and Fgfr gene familiesNobuyuki Itoh
Department of Genetic Biochemistry, Kyoto University Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Yoshida Shimoadachi, Sakyo, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Trends Genet 20:563-9. 2004..The expansion of the Fgf and Fgfr gene families has enabled this signaling system to acquire functional diversity and, therefore, an almost ubiquitous involvement in developmental and physiological processes...
- Combinatorial signaling codes for the progressive determination of cell fates in the Drosophila embryonic mesodermA Carmena
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Universidad Autonoma, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Genes Dev 12:3910-22. 1998..We conclude that distinct cellular identity codes are generated by the combinatorial activities of Wg, Dpp, EGF, and FGF signals in the progressive determination of embryonic mesodermal cells...
- Fibroblast growth factor signaling in tumorigenesisRichard Grose
Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, Viral Carcinogenesis, Laboratory 214, 61 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 16:179-86. 2005..Here, we outline the model systems that demonstrate the potential oncogenic nature of Fgf signaling and summarise recent evidence that implicates aberrant Fgf signaling as important in the natural history of some common human cancers...
- Crystal structure of a ternary FGF-FGFR-heparin complex reveals a dual role for heparin in FGFR binding and dimerizationJ Schlessinger
Department of Pharmacology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell 6:743-50. 2000..This model provides a structural basis for FGFR activation by small molecule heparin analogs and may facilitate the design of heparin mimetics capable of modulating FGF signaling...
- branchless encodes a Drosophila FGF homolog that controls tracheal cell migration and the pattern of branchingD Sutherland
Department of Biochemistry, Beckman Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305 5307, USA
Cell 87:1091-101. 1996....
- heartless encodes a fibroblast growth factor receptor (DFR1/DFGF-R2) involved in the directional migration of early mesodermal cells in the Drosophila embryoS Gisselbrecht
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 10:3003-17. 1996..These studies establish that Htl signaling provides a vital connection between initial formation of the embryonic mesoderm in Drosophila and subsequent cell-fate specification within this germ layer...
- The FGFR1 inhibitor PD 173074 selectively and potently antagonizes FGF-2 neurotrophic and neurotropic effectsS D Skaper
Department of Neuroscience Research, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Essex, England
J Neurochem 75:1520-7. 2000..PD 173074 represents a valuable tool for dissecting the role of FGF-2 in normal and pathological nervous system function without compromising the actions of other neurotrophic factors...
- FGF ligands in Drosophila have distinct activities required to support cell migration and differentiationSnehalata Kadam
California Institute of Technology, Division of Biology MC114 96, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Development 136:739-47. 2009..We contend that inherent properties of FGF ligands make them suitable to support specific FGF-dependent processes, and that FGF ligands are not always interchangeable...
- Analysis of FGFR3 gene mutations in multiple myeloma patients with t(4;14)D Intini
Servizio Ematologia, Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche, Universita di Milano, Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, IRCCS, Milano, Italy
Br J Haematol 114:362-4. 2001..The Arg248Cys mutation, which is associated with some lethal forms of skeletal disorders, was found in one case with t(4;14). Our results indicate that FGFR3 mutations occur in only a small fraction of MM cases with t(4;14)...
- FGF10 acts as a major ligand for FGF receptor 2 IIIb in mouse multi-organ developmentH Ohuchi
Department of Genetic Biochemistry, Kyoto University Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 46 29 Yoshida shimo adachi cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto City, Kyoto, 606 8501, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 277:643-9. 2000..These results suggest that FGF10 acts as a major ligand for FGFR2b in mouse multi-organ development...
- Distinct neural stem cells proliferate in response to EGF and FGF in the developing mouse telencephalonV Tropepe
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, M5S 1A8, Canada
Dev Biol 208:166-88. 1999..These results support a model in which separate, lineage-related EGF- and FGF-responsive neural stem cells are present in the embryonic telencephalic germinal zone...
- Cosignaling of NCAM via lipid rafts and the FGF receptor is required for neuritogenesisPhilipp Niethammer
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitat Hamburg, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Cell Biol 157:521-32. 2002..Likewise, NCAM-triggered neurite outgrowth is also completely blocked by a specific FGF receptor inhibitor, indicating that cosignaling via raft-associated kinases and FGF receptor is essential for neuritogenesis...
- Frequent FGFR3 mutations in papillary non-invasive bladder (pTa) tumorsC Billerey
Service d'Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Centre Hospitalo-Universitaire de Rouen, , Rouen, France
Am J Pathol 158:1955-9. 2001..The absence of FGFR3 mutations in CIS and the low frequency of FGFR3 mutations in pT1 and pT2-4 tumors are consistent with the model of bladder tumor progression in which the most common precursor of pT1 and pT2-4 tumors is CIS...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR) 3. Alternative splicing in immunoglobulin-like domain III creates a receptor highly specific for acidic FGF/FGF-1A T Chellaiah
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Biol Chem 269:11620-7. 1994..The uniquely limited repertoire of ligands that interact with this receptor suggests that a novel ligand for FGFR3 IIIb exists...
- Role of heparan sulfate as a tissue-specific regulator of FGF-4 and FGF receptor recognitionB L Allen
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Cell Biol 155:845-58. 2001..This suggests that FGF and FR recognition of specific HS sulfation patterns is critical for the activation of FGF signaling, and that synthesis of these patterns is regulated during embryonic development...
- Functions of fibroblast growth factors in vertebrate developmentM Goldfarb
Brookdale Center for Molecular Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 7:311-25. 1996....
- Soluble dominant-negative receptor uncovers essential roles for fibroblast growth factors in multi-organ induction and patterningG Celli
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
EMBO J 17:1642-55. 1998....
- Signaling by fibroblast growth factors (FGF) and fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2)-activating mutations blocks mineralization and induces apoptosis in osteoblastsA Mansukhani
Department of Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Cell Biol 149:1297-308. 2000..These data provide the first biochemical analysis of FGF signaling in osteoblasts, and show that FGF can act as a cell death inducer with distinct effects in proliferating and differentiating osteoblasts...
- A Lys644Glu substitution in fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 (FGFR3) causes dwarfism in mice by activation of STATs and ink4 cell cycle inhibitorsC Li
Genetics of Development and Diseases Branch, 10 9N105, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD, USA
Hum Mol Genet 8:35-44. 1999....
- 8p11 myeloproliferative syndrome with a novel t(7;8) translocation leading to fusion of the FGFR1 and TIF1 genesElena Belloni
IFOM, Fondazione Istituto FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare, Milan, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 42:320-5. 2005..Thus, our data extend the involvement of FGFR1 in EMS and lend support to the concept that there is a precise correlation between genotype and phenotype in this disease...
- Exon switching and activation of stromal and embryonic fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-FGF receptor genes in prostate epithelial cells accompany stromal independence and malignancyG Yan
W Alton Jones Cell Science Center, Inc, Lake Placid, New York 12946
Mol Cell Biol 13:4513-22. 1993..Multiple autocrine and potentially intracrine ligand-receptor loops resulting from these alterations within the FGF-FGF-R family may underlie the autonomy of malignant tumor cells...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2-IIIb acts upstream of Shh and Fgf4 and is required for limb bud maintenance but not for the induction of Fgf8, Fgf10, Msx1, or Bmp4J M Revest
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 231:47-62. 2001..5, providing evidence that Fgfs act primarily as survival factors. We propose that FgfR2-IIIb is not required for limb bud initiation, but is essential for its maintenance and growth...
- A novel form of FGF receptor-3 using an alternative exon in the immunoglobulin domain IIIA Avivi
Department of Chemical Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
FEBS Lett 330:249-52. 1993..The results demonstrate that the presence of alternative exons for Ig-domain 3 is a general phenomena in FGFR1, 2 and 3, and represents a novel genetic mechanism for the generation of receptor diversity...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor receptors in adult olfactory epitheliumP Hsu
Centre for Molecular Neurobiology, School of Biomedical and Biomolecular Science, Griffith University, QLD 4111, Brisbane, Australia
Brain Res 896:188-97. 2001..The present study investigates the expression of basic fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor receptors in the adult olfactory epithelium...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 2 interact differently with heparin/heparan sulfate. Implications for dynamic assembly of a ternary signaling complexAndrew K Powell
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:28554-63. 2002..We propose a mechanistic model where the kinetic parameters of the HS/FGFR interaction are a key element regulating the formation of ternary complexes and the resulting FGF signaling outcomes...
- Stimulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase by fibroblast growth factor receptors is mediated by coordinated recruitment of multiple docking proteinsS H Ong
Department of Pharmacology and The Skirball Institute, New York University, Medical School, New York, NY 10016, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:6074-9. 2001....
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 is fused to FIM in stem-cell myeloproliferative disorder with t(8;13)C Popovici
Laboratoire d Oncologie Moleculaire, Unite 119, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Institut de Cancérologie et Immunologie, 232 Boulevard Sainte Marguerite, 13009 Marseille, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:5712-7. 1998..The FIM/FGFR1 fusion protein contains the FIM putative zinc finger motifs and the catalytic domain of FGFR1. We show that it has a constitutive tyrosine kinase activity...
- Dual functions of the heartless fibroblast growth factor receptor in development of the Drosophila embryonic mesodermA M Michelson
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Dev Genet 22:212-29. 1998..Finally, parallels between requirements for FGFR signaling in Drosophila and vertebrate mesoderm development are considered...
- FGF2 triggers iris-derived lens regeneration in newt eyeToshinori Hayashi
Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Mech Dev 121:519-26. 2004..The observations also indicate that the absence of lens regeneration from the ventral iris is due to a block in a later phase of lens developmental pathway...
- Synergistic activity of fibronectin and fibroblast growth factor receptors on neuronal adhesion and neurite extension through extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathwayPill Hoon Choung
Intellectual Biointerface Engineering Center, Seoul National University College of Dentistry, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 295:898-902. 2002....
- Fibroblast growth factor-10 and fibroblast growth factor receptors 1-4: expression and peptide localization in human decidua and placentaEyal Y Anteby
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Mt Scopus, Jerusalem, Israel
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 119:27-35. 2005..We hypothesized that fibroblast growth factor-10 (FGF-10) and fibroblast growth factor receptors 1-4 (FGFR 1-4) are expressed in human decidual and placental tissues...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 (FGFR-1) is essential for normal neural tube and limb developmentC Deng
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Metabolism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Dev Biol 185:42-54. 1997..Thus, FGFR-1 plays a role in neurulation, suggesting that there may be a connection between FGFR-1-mediated signal pathways and neural tube defects, the most common malformations in the human central nervous system...
- FGFR4 overexpression in pancreatic cancer is mediated by an intronic enhancer activated by HNF1alphaRiyaz N H Shah
Cancer Research UK Molecular Oncology Unit, ICSM at Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0NN, UK
Oncogene 21:8251-61. 2002..We conclude that HNF1alpha is a major determinant of FGFR4 expression in PC...
- Characterization of fibroblast growth factor receptors expressed in principal cells in the initial segment of the rat epididymisJennifer L Kirby
Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Biol Reprod 68:2314-21. 2003..The current studies were undertaken to identify which fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFRs) are present in the principal cells of the rat initial segment and to identify other ..
- Basic fibroblast growth factor activates ERK and induces c-fos in human embryonic stem cell line MizhES1Ho Bum Kang
Department of Biochemistry, Biotechnology Research Institute, College of Natural Sciences, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, 361 763, Korea
Stem Cells Dev 14:395-401. 2005..mRNA and protein levels of the c-fos gene were increased by bFGF. Induction of c-Fos was dependent on MEKl. Therefore, it is likely that bFGF contributes to maintenance of human ES cells, at least in part, through the MEK1/ERK pathway...
- An important role for the IIIb isoform of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) in mesenchymal-epithelial signalling during mouse organogenesisL De Moerlooze
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Development 127:483-92. 2000..Our findings point to a key role for fibroblast growth factor receptor 2(IIIb) in mesenchymal-epithelial signalling during early organogenesis...
- FGF signalling and the mechanism of mesoderm spreading in Drosophila embryosRobert Wilson
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat zu Koln, Weyertal 121, 50931 Koln, Germany
Development 132:491-501. 2005....
- Fibroblast growth factor receptors and their ligands in the adult rat kidneyB Cancilla
Monash Institute of Reproduction and Development, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Kidney Int 60:147-55. 2001..The distributions of the FGFRs in the normal adult kidney and the restricted expression of FGF ligands suggest that specific FGFs have distinct and important roles in the maintenance of normal kidney structure and function...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 4, implicated in progression of islet cell carcinogenesis by its expression profile, does not contribute functionallyD C Olson
Hormone Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0534, USA
Cell Growth Differ 9:557-64. 1998..Analyses included the incidence and size of tumors, rate of cell proliferation, cell density, and life span. We conclude that FGFR4 gene activation is a marker of but is not causal for beta-cell transformation...
- Differential distribution of fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFRs) on foveal cones: FGFR-4 is an early marker of cone photoreceptorsElisa E Cornish
Save Sight Institute, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Mol Vis 10:1-14. 2004..We investigated expression of FGFRs in developing and adult Macaca monkey retina, paying particular attention to the cone rich, macular region...
- Detection of mRNA and immunoreactive proteins for acidic and basic fibroblast growth factor and expression of the fibroblast growth factor receptors in the bovine oviductC Gabler
Institute of Physiology, FML Weihenstephan, TU Munchen, Freising, Germany
J Reprod Fertil 109:213-21. 1997..In summary, the components of the FGF system were found in the bovine oviduct suggesting an autocrine or paracrine regulation involving oviduct cells and cumulus-oocyte complexes...
- alpha-Tocopheryl succinate inhibits proliferation of mesothelioma cells by selective down-regulation of fibroblast growth factor receptorsMichael Stapelberg
School of Health Science, Griffith University, Southport, QLD, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 318:636-41. 2004..Our data suggest a novel mechanism by which a clinically intriguing agent selectively suppresses proliferation of cancer cells, as shown here for the untreatable mesotheliomas...
- Heartbroken is a specific downstream mediator of FGF receptor signalling in DrosophilaA M Michelson
Division of Genetics, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 125:4379-89. 1998..A strong heartbroken allele also suppresses the effects of hyperactivated FGF but not EGF receptors. Thus, heartbroken may contribute to the specificity of developmental responses elicited by FGF receptor signalling...
- Differential regulation of fibroblast growth factor receptors in the regenerating amphibian spinal cord in vivoF Zhang
Developmental Biology Unit, Institute of Child Health, UCL, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Neuroscience 114:837-48. 2002..may mediate FGF2 signaling and their role in regeneration, we have studied expression of the four fibroblast growth factor receptors, FGFR1, FGFR2, FGFR3 and FGFR4, and of the spliced variants, sFGFR and KGFR, in the regenerating ..
- The Drosophila FGF-R homolog is expressed in the embryonic tracheal system and appears to be required for directed tracheal cell extensionL Glazer
Department of Molecular Genetics and Virology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Genes Dev 5:697-705. 1991..However, the extension of tracheal cell processes leading to the formation of the elaborate tree structure is blocked. The DFGF-R protein may thus participate in receiving spatial cues that guide tracheal cell outgrowth...
- Selective over-expression of fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 4 in clinical prostate cancerK Sahadevan
Urology Research Group, Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Medical School, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
J Pathol 213:82-90. 2007b>Fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFRs) mediate the tumourigenic effects of FGFs in prostate cancer. These receptors are therefore potential therapeutic targets in the development of inhibitors to this pathway...
- The choice between alternative IIIb and IIIc exons of the FGFR-3 gene is not strictly tissue-specificE Scotet
INSERM U 211, Institut de Biologie, Nantes, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1264:238-42. 1995An essential feature of fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFR) is the existence of multiple possibilities for alternative splicing...
- Osteogenic differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells is mediated by fibroblast growth factor receptorsKee Woei Ng
Stem Cell and Tissue Repair Laboratory, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Proteos, Singapore 138673
Stem Cells Dev 16:305-18. 2007..In particular, the data indicate that FGFR1 plays a pivotal role in osteoblast lineage determination...
- Distinct expression of two Drosophila homologs of fibroblast growth factor receptors in imaginal discsY Emori
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 332:111-4. 1993..These results suggest that DFR1 is involved in the development of mesodermal and neuronal cells constituting the adult body...
- A lipid-anchored Grb2-binding protein that links FGF-receptor activation to the Ras/MAPK signaling pathwayH Kouhara
Department of Pharmacology, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016, USA
Cell 89:693-702. 1997..Finally, we demonstrate that FRS2 is closely related and probably indentical to SNT, the long-sought target of FGF and NGF receptors...
- FGF6 modulates the expression of fibroblast growth factor receptors and myogenic genes in muscle cellsS Pizette
Laboratoire d Oncologie Moleculaire, U 119 INSERM, Marseille, France
Exp Cell Res 224:143-51. 1996..These results suggest that intramuscular FGF6 concentrations could influence the proliferation and differentiation processes taking place during development...
- Regulation of Bile Acid Synthesis by Nuclear ReceptorsJohn Y L Chiang; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long-term objectives of this research are to elucidate the molecular mechanism of regulation of CYP7A1 and bile acid metabolism, and pathogenesis and treatment of metabolic diseases such as fatty liver disease, diabetes and obesity. ..
- Phosphotyrosine signaling pathways controlling tracheal tube geometryKAI G ZINN; Fiscal Year: 2013..We can also analyze tyrosine phosphorylation of the proteins and determine if they physically interact with each other in the embryo. ..
- The Role of Astrocytes in Cortical Interneuron DevelopmentKAREN MULLER SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2013..The ultimate goal of this research is to identify mechanisms that contribute to interneuron maturation and survival, possibly leading to novel therapies aimed at preventing or reversing interneuron disruption in psychiatric illnesses. ..
- MECHANISMS OF FGF RECEPTOR REGULATION AND SIGNALINGMoosa Mohammadi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Since substrate recruitment and phosphorylation by RTKs is a general event in RTK signaling, the mechanistic insights gained under Aim IV will also be directly applicable to the entire RTK superfamily. ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF ILEAL/RENAL BILE ACID TRANSPORTBenjamin L Shneider; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies will advance our understanding of the regulation of ASBT and provide new ways to understand and treat intestinal and liver diseases. ..
- Mechanisms of FGFR2 Signaling in Craniofacial DevelopmentVeraragavan P Eswarakumar; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is anticipated that the findings will enable the design of novel pharmacological interventions for craniofacial disorders that are caused by dysfunction in FGFRs. ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF BILE ACID SYNTHESISJOHN CHIANG; Fiscal Year: 2009..Drugs targeting to nuclear receptor and signaling pathways, and miRNA antagomirs may be developed for treating metabolic liver diseases. ..
- Regulation of Hepatic Metabolic Function by Parenteral NutritionDouglas G Burrin; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies in premature pigs are highly translational and will lead to new clinical practices in nutritional support and prevention of liver disease in infants. ..
- PHENOGENETICS OF SKULL AND BRAIN INTEGRATION IN CRANIOSYNOSTOSISJOAN THERESE RICHTSMEIER; Fiscal Year: 2012..disorders including Crouzon, Apert and Pfeiffer syndromes are caused by mutations in fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFR)-1, -2 or -3...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF BILE ACID SYNTHESISJohn Y L Chiang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Drugs targeting to nuclear receptor and signaling pathways, and miRNA antagomirs may be developed for treating metabolic liver diseases. ..
- Protein Kinase D2 Function and Signaling in AngiogenesisHua Tang; Fiscal Year: 2012..We anticipate that these studies will provide a strong rationale for PKD2 as a novel drugable target for therapeutic intervention in angiogenesis- related human diseases. ..
- Delivery of Soluble FGFR3 as a Treatment for AchondroplasiaSteven C Ghivizzani; Fiscal Year: 2013..4) To determine the relationship between age of intervention and the magnitude of the skeletal response following treatment with soluble FGFR3. ..
- Analysis of the Role of Sprouty Genes in Tooth DevelopmentOphir Klein; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will also study the role of adult stem cells in teeth, which may help to lay the groundwork for efforts to build new teeth. ..
- FGF SIGNALING IN SKELETAL DEVELOPMENT, HOMEOSTASIS AND AGINGDavid M Ornitz; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Role of endocytosis by the neural crest in cardio-craniofacial developmentANNA LUISE KEYTE; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Morphogenesis and function of the cerebral cortexFlora M Vaccarino; Fiscal Year: 2013..Both aspects may offer promising leads to correct or reverse the excitatory and inhibitory neuron imbalances that are present in the cerebral cortex of neuropsychiatric and impulse control disorders. ..
- Anti-HLA Antibody Activation of Endothelial Cells in Cardiac TransplantationElaine F Reed; Fiscal Year: 2010..Under Aim 2 we will assess the expression of anti-HLA antibody induced protein phosphorylation, fibroblast growth factor receptors and anti-apoptotic proteins in clinical biopsy specimens from cardiac allografts with and without ..
- Astroglial Cells in Perinatal Brain InjuryFlora M Vaccarino; Fiscal Year: 2012..Importantly, the regenerative processes investigated in this proposal could be mimicked in adult and aged individuals, in which unfortunately cortical neuron loss is not recovered. ..
- Fibroblast Growth Factor 23 (FGF23) and It's ReceptorsJyothsna Gattineni; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is known that the FGF family members bind to four fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFRs) designated as FGFR1-4...
- Targeting FGFR to prevent the outgrowth of metastatic breast cancerMICHAEL KEITH WENDT; Fiscal Year: 2013..More importantly, our studies will establish a diagnostic platform and therapeutic protocol for the inhibition of FGFR as an effective treatment option for TNBC patients undergoing metastatic tumor recurrence. ..
- Heparan sulfate proteoglycans in aging and developmentGREGORY COLE; Fiscal Year: 2009..We predict that these proposed studies will provide important new insight into the function of agrin in the developing and aging nervous system. ..
- Role of FGF-Signaling in MyelinogenesisRashmi Bansal; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- A Novel Mitigation Agent for Gastrointestinal Syndrome of Acute Radiation InjuryLurong Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of these pre-clinical studies will provide the basis for eventual approval through the animal rule. A preliminary drug development plan has already been discussed with the FDA. ..
- Modulation of conjunctival goblet cell differentiation by immunoregulatory cellsCintia Sade de Paiva; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide new information about natural mechanisms to control inflammation on the ocular surface and may provide new insight into treating ocular surface inflammatory diseases. ..
- CLINICAL AND GENETIC ANALYSIS OF ADHRMichael J Econs; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Lumicrine regulation of epididymal functionBarry T Hinton; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal is part of a long term goal to understand the mechanisms by which the epididymis maintains an optimal luminal microenvironment for sperm maturation and survival, and therefore male fertility. ..
- Control of FGF23 Bioactivity via Circulating alpha-KlothoKenneth E White; Fiscal Year: 2013..We expect our studies will provide novel, translational insight into rare, and common syndromes of altered FGF23 expression such as CKD-MBD, and into the basic biology of phosphate metabolism. ..
- Role of FGF10 in liver organogenesis and alcohol-impaired regenerationKASPER SAONUN WANG; Fiscal Year: 2010..We postulate that the mechanism by which alcohol impairs liver regeneration may be due to impaired signaling through the FGF10/FGFR2b pathway we show normally promotes liver regeneration. ..
- Inorganic phosphate regulated proliferation, transformation and tumorigenesisGeorge R Beck; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal will investigate the role of dietary inorganic phosphate in cancer initiation, promotion and progression. ..
- Feedback Inhibitory Mechanisms in Skeletal DevelopmentRobert E Friesel; Fiscal Year: 2011The fibroblast growth factors (FGFs) and the fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFRs) play important roles in development, including skeletal and craniofacial development...
- FGF2 Isoforms in Bone and Phosphate HomeostasisMARJA MARIE HURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Potential of a dominant-negative FGF mutant as a therapeutic in cancerYoshikazu Takada; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Inflammation in Breast Cancer Initiation and PromotionKathryn L Schwertfeger; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the longer term, patients at high risk for breast cancer may benefit from specific anti-inflammatory therapies that could be used to inhibit tumor formation and progression. ..
- Characterization of the interplay between SEC23A and the MAPK signaling pathwayJinoh Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Role of receptor tyrosine kinase signaling in branching morphogenesisPENGFEI PAUL LU; Fiscal Year: 2010..If deregulation of RTK signaling could be prevented then we would greatly improve therapeutic interventions of human congenital illnesses inflicting the above epithelial organs and save the lives of millions of patients. ..
- DIVERSIFYING MICA TO CREATE TARGETED ADAPTERS TO RECRUIT AND ACTIVATE NK CELLS TODAVID WILLIAM MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..We intend to demonstrate in vitro specific killing of human cells expressing FGFR3. ..
- PRODUCTION OF ALTERNATIVE FGF RECEPTOR FORMS IN TUMORSGilbert J Cote; Fiscal Year: 2010..A better understanding of this process may shed light on the transformation of astrocytes and provide new targets for suppressing their malignant growth. ..
- FGF Receptor in Myelin Function and DiseaseRashmi Bansal; Fiscal Year: 2012..Clarification of the role of FGF signaling in these processes can be expected to contribute to an informed clinical intervention to encourage remyelination and/or discourage demyelination. ..
- Competition and morphogenesis in tip cell-mediated branching of tubular networksAmin S Ghabrial; Fiscal Year: 2013..3. To test the hypothesis that Polychaetoid and Too Many Leaders are downstream effectors of Notch signaling during tip cell competition. ..
- Role of Receptors in the Metanephric MesenchymeCARLTON MATTHEW BATES; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Fibroblast growth factor receptors (Fgfrs) that signal through adapter proteins such as fibroblast growth factor receptor substrate 2[..
- Studies of the Roles of Twist1 and E12 in Tooth MorphogenesisYongbo Lu; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- The role of social interaction in restoring the GnRH system.JOHANNA RUTH ROCHESTER; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular genetic analysis of astrocyte development and functionMarc R Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our work will provide fundamental knowledge about how astrocytes develop and regulate their growth in the brain, and is expected to provide critical insights into how defects in astrocyte growth or function cause disease. ..
- Growth Factor Signaling in Intestinal DevelopmentSteven Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2009..The operant FGFR3 signaling pathways in intestinal epithelial cell lines, especially those impinging on TCF-4, will be investigated using a combination of biochemical and molecular approaches. ..
- An Artificial Golgi: Controlled GAG Synthesis and ScreeningROBERT J contact LINHARDT; Fiscal Year: 2010..This artificial Golgi uses a digital microfluidic platform for synthesis and screen activity on a cell microarray to develop a structure activity relationship for fibroblast growth factor signaling. ..
- Ras and Phosphoinositide 3-kinase Signaling in Lens DevelopmentLixing W Reneker; Fiscal Year: 2012..Other investigators have shown that signals activated by fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFRs) are essential for fiber cell differentiation and lens cell survival...
- A genetic model of vesicoureteral reflux and reflux nephropathyCARLTON MATTHEW BATES; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have a mouse mutant that develops reflux and subsequent reflux nephropathy. This mouse model will help us determine how best to treat children with this condition. ..
- Study of White Matter Development in a Rodent Model of Perinatal Brain InjuryS ALI FATEMI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 2 involves modulating the expression of fibroblast growth factor receptors in glial precursors using molecular biological techniques to improve the in vitro and in vivo ..
- High throughput assays for modulators of splicing switches during the EMTRUSS PAUL CARSTENS; Fiscal Year: 2011..The current application will use innovative splicing assays to carry out screens for novel compounds that inhibit this splicing transition and thereby identify lead compounds for drugs to prevent tumor metastasis. ..
- FRS2-mediated Signals in Prostatic Tumorigenesis and DevelopmentFen Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project is to use genetically engineered mouse models and in vitro biochemical and molecular biological methods to study the roles of FRS2?-mediated signals in prostate development and tumorigenesis. ..
- The role of FGF signaling in suppressing astrogliosisJean M Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2012..This leads us to the hypothesis that FGF receptors act cell autonomously in the absence of injury to suppress astrogliosis. ..
- NIAMS: CORTThomas O Carpenter; Fiscal Year: 2010..Most importantly the CORT will provide a successful working model of translational research for Yale and the wider biomedical academic community. ..
- GENETIC REGULATORY NETWORK IN CRANIOFACIAL DEVELOPMENTWei Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- The role of GSH in cornea and lens developmentVasilis Vasiliou; Fiscal Year: 2013..Since the aforementioned signaling pathways are not restricted to the eye, the new knowledge derived from the proposed studies may have relevance and be extended to general embryogenesis and organogenesis. ..
- SPORE in Genitourinary CancerColin P N Dinney; Fiscal Year: 2013..Achievement of the aims and objectives of this proposal will result in a major decrease in the incidence, morbidity and mortality of BC. ..
- The Roles of FGF9 and FGF18 in Skeletal DevelopmentIrene H Hung; Fiscal Year: 2013..Craniosynostosis and chondrodysplasias are skeletal dysplasias caused by activating mutations in fibroblast growth factor receptors (Fgfrs), highlighting the critical role of FGF signaling in both membranous and endochondral bone ..
- EMT, Extravasation and metastasis by N-Cadherin signalingRachel B Hazan; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will rule out the role of N-cadherin adhesion in this process. We believe these studies will broaden our understanding of mechanisms that regulate breast cancer metastasis and will provide insights into therapeutic application. ..
- Genetic analysis of forebrain patterning and neurogenesisJean M Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 3, we determine whether and how Foxg1 participates in regulating Cdkn1a transcription in early telencephalic cells in vivo and whether Foxg1, Smad4, and Cdkn1a genetically interact. ..
- Developing Neuroendocrine Brain, Androgen, and Fibroblast Growth Factor SignalingWILSON CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, novel insights in how FGF expression is regulated by testosterone may help us better understand the mechanisms involved in the onset of Kallmann syndrome. ..
- FGF9 REGULATION OF LUNG DEVELOPMENT AND PATHOGENESIS OF PLEUROPULMONARY BLASTOMADavid M Ornitz; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Synthetic Heparan Sulfate: Probing Biosynthesis to Prepare Defined DrugsJian Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 3: To characterize the structure/function relationship of HS activity as the co-receptor fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling. ..
- WNTs, FGFs, and BMPs Induce and Maintain the TelencephalonJean M Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- REGULATION OF CRANIALSUTURE MORPHOGENESISRoy Ogle; Fiscal Year: 2002..There the cells express fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFRs) 1,2 and 3 in specific, overlapping patterns where they mediate signals for cellular ..
- PARVOVIRUS VECTORS FOR HUMAN GENE THERAPYArun Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2002..The knowledge gained from these studies will be applicable in further development of AAV and parvovirus B19 vectors and their optimal use in gene therapy of beta-thalassemia and sickle-cell disease. ..
- PARVOVIRUS VECTORS FOR HUMAN GENE THERAPYArun Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2004..The knowledge gained from these studies will be applicable in further development of AAV and parvovirus B19 vectors and their optimal use in gene therapy of beta-thalassemia and sickle-cell disease. ..
- Defective nuclear FGFR1 signaling - a new model for PDMICHAL STACHOWIAK; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ACTIVATION OF PERIODONTAL FIBROBLASTS VIA CD40Timothy Blieden; Fiscal Year: 2000..Fixed human T cell clones will be used as the source of CD40L. The results of these studies may lead to new concepts of cellular function and interactions in periodontal tissue breakdown and repair. ..
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR RECEPTORS IN CRANIOSYNOSTOSISETHYLIN JABS; Fiscal Year: 1999..Identification of FGFR2/KGFR mutations and their biologic effects will be important for accurate diagnosis and elucidation of the pathogenesis of these craniosynostotic conditions. ..
- DYSFUNCTIONAL FGFR SIGNALING IN CRANIOSYNOSTOSISRobert Friesel; Fiscal Year: 2002..Together, these studies should begin to elucidate the role of mutant FGFRs in the pathogenesis of craniosynostotic conditions, as well as the role of FGFRs in normal bone growth and development. ..
- STROMAL INFLUENCES ON BREAST CANCER PROGRESSIONSANDRA MCLESKEY; Fiscal Year: 1999..Transcription of such genes might be an important downstream event of FGFR stimulation and the protein products of such genes might be important in determining the phenotype of the tumor. ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION BY FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORDwight Towler; Fiscal Year: 2001Signaling via fibroblast growth factor receptors(FGFRs) -1 and -2 coordinates connective tissue remodeling during wound repair and contributes to the responses of osteoblasts to metastatic bone cancers...
- CELLULAR COMMUNICATION IN MORPHOGENESISMark Krasnow; Fiscal Year: 2003..Mutant clones that fail to attract are presumably unable to respond to hypoxia. A variation of the well established FLP/FRT system that allows examination of clones in living larvae is suggested for this purpose. ..
- Oligodendrocyte Differentiation and Myelin BiogenesisRashmi Bansal; Fiscal Year: 2007..RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page .................................................................................................................................................. 1 Description, ..
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR RECEPTOR IN EARLY DEVELOPMENTThomas Musci; Fiscal Year: 1992..Understanding the early molecular events that direct differentiation pathways and control embryonic development is essential to the full understanding of the pathogenesis of these conditions...
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORS AND STRIATED MUSCLEJUDITH SWAIN; Fiscal Year: 1993..The analysis of these transgenic mice is anticipated to elucidate the role of these heparin binding growth factors in cardiac and skeletal muscle development...
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORS AND STRIATED MUSCLEJUDITH SWAIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..The analysis of these transgenic mice is anticipated to elucidate the role of these heparin binding growth factors in cardiac and skeletal muscle development. ..
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORS IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASESteven Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2002..10 transgenic mice after administration of OVA peptide. ..