Genomes and Genes
Summary: A dideoxynucleoside analog that inhibits reverse transcriptase and has in vitro activity against HIV.
Publications285 found, 100 shown here
- Efficacy and safety of tenofovir DF vs stavudine in combination therapy in antiretroviral-naive patients: a 3-year randomized trialJoel E Gallant
Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
JAMA 292:191-201. 2004..Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (DF) is a once-daily nucleotide analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitor...
- Incidence of treatment-limiting toxicity with stavudine-based antiretroviral therapy in Cambodia: a retrospective cohort studyVichet Phan
Sihanouk Hospital Center of HOPE, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
PLoS ONE 7:e30647. 2012Although stavudine (D4T) remains frequently used in low-income countries in Asia, associated long-term toxicity data are scarce...
- Stavudine toxicity in adult longer-term ART patients in Blantyre, MalawiJoep J van Oosterhout
Malawi Liverpool Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Programme, University of Malawi College of Medicine, Blantyre, Malawi
PLoS ONE 7:e42029. 2012b>Stavudine is an effective and inexpensive antiretroviral drug, but no longer recommended by WHO for first-line antiretroviral regimens in resource-limited settings due to toxicity concerns...
- Better maintained adherence on switching from twice-daily to once-daily therapy for HIV: a 24-week randomized trial of treatment simplification using stavudine prolonged-release capsulesS D Portsmouth
Department of HIV Medicine, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
HIV Med 6:185-90. 2005..An expansion in the range of once-daily antiretrovirals is making once-daily therapy possible for persons with HIV infection...
- Prevalence and risk factors for developing K65R mutations among HIV-1 infected patients who fail an initial regimen of fixed-dose combination of stavudine, lamivudine, and nevirapineSomnuek Sungkanuparph
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, 270 Rama 6 Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
J Clin Virol 41:310-3. 2008A fixed-dose combination of stavudine, lamivudine, and nevirapine (d4T/3TC/NVP) is extensively used as initial antiretroviral regimen in developing countries...
- A longitudinal study of stavudine-associated toxicities in a large cohort of South African HIV infected subjectsColin N Menezes
Infectious Diseases Unit, Department of Medicine, Helen Joseph Hospital, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
BMC Infect Dis 11:244. 2011..This has brought new challenges which include the effects of stavudine-related toxicities.
- Clinical toxicity of highly active antiretroviral therapy in a home-based AIDS care program in rural UgandaFatu Forna
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:456-62. 2007..We evaluated clinical toxicity in HIV-infected persons receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART) in Uganda...
- Stavudine- and nevirapine-related drug toxicity while on generic fixed-dose antiretroviral treatment: incidence, timing and risk factors in a three-year cohort in Kigali, RwandaJohan van Griensven
Medecins Sans Frontieres, Operational Centre Brussels, Medical Department, Duprestraat 94, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 104:148-53. 2010This cohort study was conducted to report on the incidence, timing and risk factors for stavudine (d4T)- and nevirapine (NVP)-related severe drug toxicity (requiring substitution) with a generic fixed-dose combination under program ..
- High prevalence of lipoatrophy among patients on stavudine-containing first-line antiretroviral therapy regimens in RwandaJohan van Griensven
Medecins Sans Frontieres, Kimihurura, Kacyiru, 1361 Kigali, Rwanda
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 101:793-8. 2007..Of a total of 409 individuals, 370 (90%) were on an ART regimen containing stavudine (d4T), whilst the rest were receiving a zidovudine (AZT)-containing regimen...
- Baseline genotype as a predictor of virological failure to emtricitabine or stavudine in combination with didanosine and efavirenzKatyna Borroto-Esoda
Gilead Sciences, Inc, 4611 University Drive, Durham, North Carolina 27707, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:988-95. 2007..resistance mutations to the response in treatment-naive patients to therapy with emtricitabine (FTC) or stavudine (d4T) in combination with didanosine (ddI) and efavirenz (EFV)...
- Stampidine prevents mortality in an experimental mouse model of viral hemorrhagic fever caused by lassa virusFatih M Uckun
Parker Hughes Center for Clinical Immunology, St Paul, MN 55113, USA
BMC Infect Dis 4:1. 2004....
- Evaluation of a systematic substitution of zidovudine for stavudine-based HAART in a program setting in rural CambodiaPetros Isaakidis
Médecins Sans Frontières OCB, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:48-54. 2008To evaluate a treatment strategy of substituting zidovudine (ZDV) for stavudine (d4T)-based highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), aimed at preventing d4T-associated toxicity, in a programmatic setting in rural Cambodia.
- Stavudine toxicity in women is the main reason for treatment change in a 3-year prospective cohort of adult patients started on first-line antiretroviral treatment in UgandaBarbara Castelnuovo
Research Department, Infectious Diseases Institute, Makerere University, Kampala Uganda
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 56:59-63. 2011..In resource-limited settings, there are only a few antiretroviral treatment (ART) options. Our objective was to evaluate the reasons for first-line ART changes in resource-limited settings...
- Cost and cost-effectiveness of switching from stavudine to tenofovir in first-line antiretroviral regimens in South AfricaSydney Rosen
Center for International Health and Development, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 48:334-44. 2008Most first-line antiretroviral therapy regimens in Africa include stavudine (d4T), despite the high incidence of toxicities related to it...
- Randomization to once-daily stavudine extended release/lamivudine/efavirenz versus a more frequent regimen improves adherence while maintaining viral suppressionBrian A Boyle
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
HIV Clin Trials 9:164-76. 2008..In antiretroviral (ARV) therapy, pill burden, dosing frequency, and regimen complexity adversely affect adherence. We sought to evaluate the effect of regimen simplification on maintenance of virologic suppression and treatment adherence...
- Can we predict neuropathy risk before stavudine prescription in a resource-limited setting?Jacquita S Affandi
School of Surgery and Pathology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:1281-4. 2008..with exposure to inexpensive nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) [particularly stavudine (d4T)] causes dilemmas in the management of patients with HIV, especially in resource-poor settings...
- Association of serum lipid levels with HIV serostatus, specific antiretroviral agents, and treatment regimensKathryn Anastos
Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:34-42. 2007..The effects of HIV infection, highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), and specific antiretroviral agents on lipoproteins in women are not well described...
- Incidence of pancreatitis in HIV-infected patients receiving nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor drugsR D Moore
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
AIDS 15:617-20. 2001..We investigated the incidence of pancreatitis in patients using nucleoside analogues with or without hydroxyurea...
- Reduced dose of stavudine and lipoatrophy in HIV-infected patients in CameroonAmandine Cournil
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, University Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Antivir Ther 15:1039-43. 2010This study assessed the effect of stavudine (d4T) 30 mg dosage on lipoatrophy in HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral treatment.
- HIV neuropathy risk factors and symptom characterization in stavudine-exposed South AfricansAntonia L Wadley
Brain Function Research Group, School of Physiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Pain Symptom Manage 41:700-6. 2011HIV-associated sensory neuropathy (HIV-SN) is a frequent complication of both HIV and neurotoxic antiretroviral medications such as stavudine.
- Age and height predict neuropathy risk in patients with HIV prescribed stavudineC L Cherry
Burnet Institute, Monash University, and The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Neurology 73:315-20. 2009Sensory neuropathy is a common problem in HIV-infected patients and is the dose-limiting toxicity of stavudine. Affordable methods of predicting neuropathy risk are needed to guide prescribing in countries where some use of stavudine ..
- Plasma lipid concentrations after 1.5 years of exposure to nevirapine or efavirenz together with stavudine and lamivudineF van Leth
International Antiviral Therapy Evaluation Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
HIV Med 7:347-50. 2006..To assess long-term changes in lipids and lipoproteins concentrations associated with exposure to non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors...
- Stavudine concentrations in women receiving postpartum antiretroviral treatment and their breastfeeding infantsJessica M Fogel
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 60:462-5. 2012..antiretroviral treatment regimens in resource-limited settings used in breastfeeding mothers often include stavudine (d4T). Limited data describing d4T concentrations in breast milk are available...
- Effectiveness and safety of 30 mg versus 40 mg stavudine regimens: a cohort study among HIV-infected adults initiating HAART in South AfricaMhairi Maskew
Clinical HIV Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Int AIDS Soc 15:13. 2012As stavudine remains an important and widely prescribed drug in resource-limited settings, the effect of a reduced dose of stavudine (from 40 mg to 30 mg) on outcomes of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) remains an important ..
- Predictors of residual viremia in HIV-infected patients successfully treated with efavirenz and lamivudine plus either tenofovir or stavudineDiane V Havlir
Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Infect Dis 191:1164-8. 2005..after 1 year of treatment with efavirenz and lamivudine plus either tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (n=55) or stavudine (n=45), by use of an HIV RNA assay with a limit of detection of 2.5 copies/mL...
- Increased risk of Q151M and K65R mutations in patients failing stavudine-containing first-line antiretroviral therapy in CambodiaJanin Nouhin
HIV Hepatitis Unit, Institut Pasteur in Cambodia, Phnom Penh, Cambodia Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e73744. 2013....
- Evaluation of incidence of zidovudine induced anemia in Indian human immunodeficiency virus positive patients in comparison with stavudine based highly active antiretroviral therapyRadhakrishnan Rajesh
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka, India
Int J Risk Saf Med 23:171-80. 2011..anemia, causality, severity, predictability, preventability and to identify risk factors for zidovudine induced anemia in Indian HIV positive patients in comparision with stavudine based highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART).
- Effects of a reduced dose of stavudine on the incidence and severity of peripheral neuropathy in HIV-infected adults in South AfricaMeera Pahuja
Division of Infectious Diseases, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Antivir Ther 17:737-43. 2012Although recent World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines recommend withdrawing stavudine (d4T) from first-line antiretroviral therapy (ART), it remains commonly used in resource-limited settings...
- Trends in the clinical characteristics of HIV-infected patients initiating antiretroviral therapy in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania between 2002 and 2009Elvin H Geng
Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California at San Francisco, 995 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Int AIDS Soc 14:46. 2011..Regionally representative socio-demographic, laboratory and clinical characteristics of patients accessing ART over time and across sites have not been well described...
- Colloidal gold-loaded, biodegradable, polymer-based stavudine nanoparticle uptake by macrophages: an in vitro studySumit Basu
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
Int J Nanomedicine 7:6049-61. 2012..evaluation, and comparison of colloidal gold-loaded, poly(d,l-lactic-co-glycolic acid)-based nanoparticles containing anti-acquired immunodeficiency syndrome drug stavudine and uptake of these nanoparticles by macrophages in vitro.
- Association between HLA-B*4001 and lipodystrophy among HIV-infected patients from Thailand who received a stavudine-containing antiretroviral regimenWittaya Wangsomboonsiri
Departments of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Infect Dis 50:597-604. 2010b>Stavudine-containing antiretroviral regimens are widely used in developing countries...
- A clinically relevant rodent model of the HIV antiretroviral drug stavudine induced painful peripheral neuropathyWenlong Huang
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, UK
Pain 154:560-75. 2013..and is consistently associated with previous exposure to nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors including stavudine (d4T), which is widely used in resource-limited settings...
- Lipodystrophy and reversal of facial lipoatrophy in perinatally HIV-infected children and adolescents after discontinuation of stavudineN Sawawiboon
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, 2 Prannok Road, Bangkok noi Bangkok 10700 Thailand
Int J STD AIDS 23:497-501. 2012..Forty-six (95.8%) children with peripheral or combined LD, and 75 (48.7%) without LD were exposed to stavudine (d4T) for a median duration of 45.9 versus 26.4 months (P = 0.005)...
- Analysis of RT sequences of subtype C HIV-type 1 isolates from indian patients at failure of a first-line treatment according to clinical and/or immunological WHO guidelinesAlaka Deshpande
ART Center and Department of Internal Medicine, Sir JJ Hospital, Byculla, Mumbai, India
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:343-50. 2010..Numerous crucial DRMs to NRTIs and NNRTIs could be recorded including TAMs of pathway 1 and K65R. According to both algorithms, the accumulation of DRMs may induce resistance to second-line NRTIs including tenofovir...
- Mitochondrial dysfunction in CD4+ lymphocytes from stavudine-treated HIV patientsLloyd Einsiedel
Centre for Virology, Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Melbourne, Australia
Mitochondrion 10:534-9. 2010HIV therapy with nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTI) such as stavudine remains in widespread use in resource-limited nations due to potent efficacy, convenience of formulation and lack of practical alternatives...
- Reduced hepatic toxicity, enhanced cellular uptake and altered pharmacokinetics of stavudine loaded galactosylated liposomesMinakshi Garg
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar, India
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 67:76-85. 2007..investigation was to reduce the hepatic toxicity, enhance the cellular uptake and alter the pharmacokinetics of stavudine using galactosylated liposomes...
- Fatal pancreatitis in simian immunodeficiency virus SIV(mac251)-infected macaques treated with 2',3'-dideoxyinosine and stavudine following cytotoxic-T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 4 and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase blockadeMonica Vaccari
Animal Models and Retroviral Vaccines Section, NCI, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Virol 86:108-13. 2012..Thus, caution should be used when considering approaches aimed at targeting immune activation during ART...
- Incidence of resistance in a double-blind study comparing lopinavir/ritonavir plus stavudine and lamivudine to nelfinavir plus stavudine and lamivudineDale J Kempf
Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois, USA
J Infect Dis 189:51-60. 2004..randomized, phase 3 study that compared lopinavir/ritonavir with nelfinavir, each coadministered with stavudine and lamivudine, in 653 antiretroviral therapy-naive human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type 1-infected subjects...
- R964C mutation of DNA polymerase gamma imparts increased stavudine toxicity by decreasing nucleoside analog discrimination and impairing polymerase activityChristopher M Bailey
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:2610-2. 2009The R964C mutation of human DNA polymerase gamma was recently linked to stavudine (d4T)-mediated mitochondrial toxicity...
- beta-Estradiol attenuates the anti-HIV-1 efficacy of Stavudine (D4T) in primary PBLMingjie Zhang
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Retrovirology 5:82. 2008..Recent work suggests there are gender effects in HIV/AIDS progression. Here we ask whether the sex steroid hormone beta-estradiol affects the replication of HIV-1 or the efficacy of a common anti-retroviral drug, Stavudine (D4T).
- Tolerability and effectiveness of first-line regimens combining nevirapine and lamivudine plus zidovudine or stavudine in CameroonChristian Laurent
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, UMR 145 IRD University of Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:393-9. 2008..of two major first-line regimens used in resource-limited settings, namely zidovudine-lamivudine-nevirapine and stavudine-lamivudine-nevirapine...
- Rate of accumulation of thymidine analogue mutations in patients continuing to receive virologically failing regimens containing zidovudine or stavudine: implications for antiretroviral therapy programs in resource-limited settingsAlessandro Cozzi-Lepri
Research Department of Infection and Population Health, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 200:687-97. 2009....
- Positive outcomes of HAART at 24 months in HIV-infected patients in CambodiaLaurent Ferradini
Epicentre, Paris, France
AIDS 21:2293-301. 2007..We report the outcomes at 24 months of antiretroviral therapy (ART) in patients treated in a Médecins Sans Frontières/Ministry of Health programme in Cambodia...
- Benefits and risks of stavudine therapy for HIV-associated neurologic complications in UgandaN Sacktor
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neurology 72:165-70. 2009..Coformulated generic drugs, which include stavudine, are the most common regimens to treat HIV infection in Uganda and many other parts of Africa.
- Improvements in lipoatrophy, mitochondrial DNA levels and fat apoptosis after replacing stavudine with abacavir or zidovudineGrace A McComsey
Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital bCase School of Medicine Center for AIDS Research, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
AIDS 19:15-23. 2005To determine if stavudine (alpha4T)-associated mitochondrial toxicity could be reversed by substitution with another nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor...
- Mitochondrial toxicity of indinavir, stavudine and zidovudine involves multiple cellular targets in white and brown adipocytesSay Viengchareun
INSERM, U693, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Antivir Ther 12:919-29. 2007..To evaluate the mechanisms of mitochondrial toxicity associated with antiretroviral treatment...
- Management of HIV-1 infection with a combination of nevirapine, stavudine, and lamivudine: a preliminary report on the Nigerian antiretroviral programEmmanuel O Idigbe
Clinical Research Centre, Nigerian Institute of Medical Research, Federal Ministry of Health, Lagos
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 40:65-9. 2005To evaluate treatment outcome in the first 12 months among HIV-positive patients managed with a combination of nevirapine + stavudine + lamivudine under the current national antiretroviral (ARV) program in Nigeria.
- The impact of reducing stavudine dose versus switching to tenofovir on plasma lipids, body composition and mitochondrial function in HIV-infected patientsAna Milinkovic
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Antivir Ther 12:407-15. 2007b>Stavudine (d4T)-containing regimens are associated with a potential for lipoatrophy and dyslipidaemia...
- Options for a second-line antiretroviral regimen for HIV type 1-infected patients whose initial regimen of a fixed-dose combination of stavudine, lamivudine, and nevirapine failsSomnuek Sungkanuparph
Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Clin Infect Dis 44:447-52. 2007A fixed-dose combination of stavudine, lamivudine, and nevirapine is extensively used as an antiretroviral regimen in developing countries because of its affordability...
- Lipodystrophy and metabolic changes in HIV-infected children on non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-based antiretroviral therapyLinda Aurpibul
Research Institute for Health Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Antivir Ther 12:1247-54. 2007..Its long-term effects have not been clearly evaluated. The objective of this study was to estimate the prevalence of lipodystrophy (LD) and other metabolic changes in HIV-infected children receiving HAART...
- Lipodystrophy in HIV-infected children is associated with high viral load and low CD4+ -lymphocyte count and CD4+ -lymphocyte percentage at baseline and use of protease inhibitors and stavudineS M Arpadi
St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York City, New York, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 27:30-4. 2001..LD was associated with use of protease inhibitors or stavudine, (odds ratio [OR], 7.0, 95% confidence interval [CI], 1.1-45.2, p =.04; OR, 9.0, 95% CI, 1.4-59.8, p =...
- HIV suppression with stavudine 30 mg versus 40 mg in adults over 60 kg on antiretroviral therapy in South AfricaChristopher J Hoffmann
Aurum Institute for Health Research, Johannesburg, South Africa
AIDS 23:1784-6. 2009In 2007, the WHO recommended a maximum stavudine dose of 30 mg...
- Improvement in lipoatrophy associated with highly active antiretroviral therapy in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients switched from stavudine to abacavir or zidovudine: the results of the TARHEEL studyGrace A McComsey
Case Western Reserve, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Clin Infect Dis 38:263-70. 2004b>Stavudine use is a contributing factor for lipoatrophy, whereas use of abacavir or zidovudine is less likely to cause this complication...
- A prospective, 96-week study of the impact of Trizivir, Combivir/nelfinavir, and lamivudine/stavudine/nelfinavir on lipids, metabolic parameters and efficacy in antiretroviral-naive patients: effect of sex and ethnicityP N Kumar
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
HIV Med 7:85-98. 2006..regimens of Trizivir (abacavir 300 mg/lamivudine 150 mg/zidovudine 300 mg triple nucleoside tablet; TZV), Combivir (lamivudine 150 mg/zidovudine 300 mg combination tablet; COM)+nelfinavir (NFV), and stavudine (d4 T)+lamivudine (3TC)+NFV.
- Tuberculosis treatment and risk of stavudine substitution in first-line antiretroviral therapyDaniel J Westreich
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7435, USA
Clin Infect Dis 48:1617-23. 2009Treatment for tuberculosis (TB) is common among individuals receiving stavudine-containing highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), but the effect of TB treatment on stavudine toxicity has received little attention...
- Stavudine-loaded mannosylated liposomes: in-vitro anti-HIV-I activity, tissue distribution and pharmacokineticsMinakshi Garg
Pharmaceutics Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar 470003, India
J Pharm Pharmacol 58:605-16. 2006..b>Stavudine-loaded mannosylated liposomal formulations were developed for targeting to HIV-infected cells...
- Severe hyperlactataemia complicating stavudine first-line antiretroviral therapy in South AfricaDavid Stead
GF Jooste Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa
Antivir Ther 13:937-43. 2008In the public sector antiretroviral therapy (ART) programme in South Africa the standardized first-line regimen includes stavudine (d4T). Severe symptomatic hyperlactataemia (SHL) is a potentially life-threatening complication of d4T.
- Disease progression in HIV-infected patients treated with stavudine vs. zidovudineAmy C Justice
Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:89-97. 2004This prospective, observational study compared disease progression and death in HIV-1 patients treated with stavudine vs. zidovudine in the Collaborations in HIV Outcomes Research/U.S. (CHORUS) cohort.
- Severe ototoxicity in a health care worker who received postexposure prophylaxis with stavudine, lamivudine, and nevirapine after occupational exposure to HIVD Rey
Clin Infect Dis 34:418-9. 2002
- Drug safety evaluation profile of stavudine plus lamivudine for HIV-1/AIDS infectionMaria Gracia Mateo
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Univeristat Autònoma de Barcelona, Av Sant Antoni Mª Claret, 167, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
Expert Opin Drug Saf 11:473-85. 2012The lamivudine (3TC) + stavudine (d4T) combination is still widely used as part of first-line therapy for HIV-1-infected patients in low-resource countries...
- The VIRGO study: nevirapine, didanosine and stavudine combination therapy in antiretroviral-naive HIV-1-infected adultsF Raffi
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Nantes, France
Antivir Ther 5:267-72. 2000..efficacy of the triple regimen containing nevirapine (once or twice daily), didanosine (once daily) and stavudine, in antiretroviral-naive patients infected with HIV-1, was evaluated in an open-label, prospective, non-..
- Fat distribution and metabolic abnormalities in HIV-infected patients on first combination antiretroviral therapy including stavudine or zidovudine: role of physical activity as a protective factorPere Domingo
Department of Internal Medicine Infectious Diseases Unit Biochemistry and Endocrinology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Antivir Ther 8:223-31. 2003....
- In silico study supports the efficacy of a reduced dose regimen for stavudineSelwyn J Hurwitz
Center for AIDS Research, Laboratory of Biochemical Pharmacology, Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Antiviral Res 92:372-7. 2011b>Stavudine (d4T) is used extensively as part of HAART in resource poor settings, despite its toxicities...
- Microdialysis evaluation of the brain distribution of stavudine following intranasal and intravenous administration to ratsZheng Yang
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Minnesota, 308 Harvard St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Pharm Sci 94:1577-88. 2005Intranasal (IN) administration as a potential route of enhancing brain delivery of stavudine (d4T) was investigated in rats using microdialysis as a sampling technique. Sprague-Dawley rats were divided into two groups (n = 7 per group)...
- Biowaiver monographs for immediate-release solid oral dosage forms: stavudineArthur L L Silva
Brazilian Health Surveillance Agency, ANVISA, Division of Bioequivalence, Brasilia, Brazil
J Pharm Sci 101:10-6. 2012..vivo bioequivalence (BE) testing for the approval of immediate-release (IR) solid oral dosage forms containing stavudine (d4T) are reviewed...
- Nevirapine-based antiretroviral therapy started early in the course of tuberculosis treatment in adult MalawiansJoep J G van Oosterhout
University of Malawi College of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Malawi
Antivir Ther 12:515-21. 2007..Starting antiretroviral therapy early during tuberculosis treatment may improve outcome but problems often arise with drug interactions, adherence, toxicity and immune reconstitution disease (IRD)...
- Risk factors of treatment-limiting anemia after substitution of zidovudine for stavudine in HIV-infected adult patients on antiretroviral treatmentThong Phe
Department of Infectious Diseases, Sihanouk Hospital Center of HOPE, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
PLoS ONE 8:e60206. 2013..Some studies suggested weight-adjusted AZT dosing as a way to reduce toxicity. We analyzed the risk factors associated with AZT-induced anemia in a cohort using AZT as substitution for stavudine (D4T).
- Haematological changes after switching from stavudine to zidovudine in HIV-infected children receiving highly active antiretroviral therapyL Aurpibul
Research Institute for Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
HIV Med 9:317-21. 2008In resource-limited countries, stavudine (d4T) is commonly used as part of the initial highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) regimen...
- Comparison of tenofovir, zidovudine, or stavudine as part of first-line antiretroviral therapy in a resource-limited-setting: a cohort studyKavindhran Velen
The Aurum Institute, Johannesburg, South Africa
PLoS ONE 8:e64459. 2013..routine workplace and community-based ART cohort in South Africa, we assessed single drug substitution, HIV RNA suppression, CD4 count increase, loss-from-care, and mortality between TDF, stavudine (d4T) 30 mg dose, and zidovudine (AZT).
- Metabolism of stavudine-5'-[p-bromophenyl methoxyalaninyl phosphate], stampidine, in mice, dogs, and catsChun Lin Chen
Drug Discovery Program, Parker Hughes Institute, St Paul, Minnesota 55113, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 30:1523-31. 2002..These findings encourage the further development of this new antiviral agent for possible clinical use in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients...
- Comparison of twice-daily stavudine plus once- or twice-daily didanosine and nevirapine in early stages of HIV infection: the scan studyF Garcia
Infectious Diseases Unit, Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer Hospital Clínic, Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Spain
AIDS 14:2485-94. 2000To evaluate the safety and effectiveness of once-daily didanosine and nevirapine plus twice-daily stavudine versus twice-daily administration of all three drugs.
- The role of antiretroviral therapy in the incidence of pancreatitis in HIV-positive individuals in the EuroSIDA studyColette J Smith
Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
AIDS 22:47-56. 2008This study investigated the incidence of pancreatitis and its association with antiretroviral therapy (ART), focussing on stavudine and didanosine.
- The NRTIs lamivudine, stavudine and zidovudine have reduced HIV-1 inhibitory activity in astrocytesLachlan R Gray
Centre for Virology, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e62196. 2013..ARVs tested were the nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) abacavir (ABC), lamivudine (3TC), stavudine (d4T) and zidovudine (ZDV), the non-NRTIs efavirenz (EFV), etravirine (ETR) and nevirapine (NVP), and the ..
- Safe substitution to zidovudine among HIV-infected patients initiated on stavudine-containing highly active antiretroviral therapy from a resource-limited settingN Kumarasamy
YRG Centre for AIDS Research and Education, Voluntary Health Services, Taramani, Chennai 600113, India
Int J Infect Dis 13:e360-4. 2009To describe the safe substitution with zidovudine (AZT) among South Indian HIV-infected patients who were initiated with stavudine (d4T)-containing highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) due to anemia.
- [Efficacy and safety of a reduced-dose of stavudine in HIV-infected patients under immunological and virological stable conditions]Enric Pedrol
Unitat de Malalties Infeccioses VIH, Hospital General de Granollers, Granollers, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 129:361-5. 2007b>Stavudine (d4T) has shown a favourable short and long-term tolerability profile. Nevertheless, its usage is currently decreasing due to some safety concerns. We aimed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of d4T low-dose-based regimens.
- Fanconi syndrome and lactic acidosis associated with stavudine and lamivudine therapyMark Nelson
Imperial College, Department of HIV Medicine, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
AIDS 22:1374-6. 2008We report a case of the nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors, stavudine and lamivudine inducing Fanconi syndrome in a patient...
- Determination of dosing guidelines for stavudine (2',3'-didehydro-3'-deoxythymidine) in children with human immunodeficiency virus infectionS Kaul
Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 4000, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:758-63. 2001The results of the development of dosing guidelines for stavudine in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected children are summarized...
- Population pharmacokinetics of stavudine (d4T) in patients with AIDS or advanced AIDS-related complexC M Horton
Antiinfective Pharmacology Research Unit, University of Rhode Island College of Pharmacy, Roger Williams Medical Center, Providence 02908, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 39:2309-15. 1995The population pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of oral stavudine (d4T; 2',3'-dideoxy-3'-deoxythymidine) was determined in 81 patients with AIDS or AIDS-related complex (ARC) enrolled in phase I and phase I/II dose-ranging trials...
- HBV lamivudine resistance among hepatitis B and HIV coinfected patients starting lamivudine, stavudine and nevirapine in KenyaH N Kim
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Viral Hepat 18:e447-52. 2011..389 Kenyan HIV-infected adults before and for 18 months after starting highly active antiretroviral therapy with stavudine, lamivudine and nevirapine. Twenty-seven (6...
- Genotypic and phenotypic resistance patterns in early-stage HIV-1-infected patients failing initial therapy with stavudine, didanosine and nevirapineCarme Vidal
Microbiology Laboratory, Institut Clínic de Infeccions i Immunologia, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Hospital Clinic, Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Spain
Antivir Ther 7:283-7. 2002..of resistance in a group of early-stage antiretroviral-naive patients failing initial therapy with didanosine, stavudine and nevirapine...
- Production & stability of stavudine solid lipid nanoparticles--from lab to industrial scaleR Shegokar
CU Shah College of Pharmacy, SNDT Women s University, Mumbai 400049, India
Int J Pharm 416:461-70. 2011The production of stavudine-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN) for intravenous injection was scaled up from lab scale (40 g) to medium scale (10 kg) and large scale (20/60 kg)...
- Association of thymidylate synthase gene polymorphisms with stavudine triphosphate intracellular levels and lipodystrophyPere Domingo
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital de Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1428-35. 2011The antiviral activity and toxicity of stavudine (d4T) depend on its triphosphate metabolite, stavudine triphosphate (d4T-TP). Therefore, modifications in intracellular levels of d4T-TP may change the toxicity profile of stavudine...
- Modulation of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-specific immune response by using efavirenz, nelfinavir, and stavudine in a rescue therapy regimen for HIV-infected, drug-experienced patientsDaria Trabattoni
Cattedra di Immunologia, Universita di Milano, DISP, LITA Vialba, Milan, Italy
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 9:1114-8. 2002..Analysis of the virologic and immunomodulatory effects of an association of efavirenz (EFV), nelfinavir (NFV), and stavudine (d4T) was performed in 18 human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected and highly active antiretroviral therapy (..
- Recovery from lipodystrophy in HIV-infected children after substitution of stavudine with zidovudine in a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-based antiretroviral therapyLinda Aurpibul
Research Institute for Health Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:384-8. 2012Substitution of stavudine with zidovudine may lead to recovery from lipodystrophy (LD) in HIV-infected children.
- Insights into the molecular mechanism of inhibition and drug resistance for HIV-1 RT with carbovir triphosphateAdrian S Ray
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8066, USA
Biochemistry 41:5150-62. 2002..This compound shows promise as a potent antiviral especially with the drug resistant M184V HIV-1 RT that is so often encountered in a clinical setting...
- Synthesis and transdermal penetration of stavudine-5'-estersEstée Marie Holmes
Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Unit for Drug Research and Development, North West University, Potchefstroom 2520, South Africa
Med Chem 6:271-6. 2010The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of different ester groups in position 5' of stavudine on the transdermal penetration with and without the use of Pheroid™ as the delivery system...
- Failure of stavudine-lamivudine combination therapy in antiretroviral-naive patients with AZT-like HIV-1 resistance mutationsL Sarmati
Department of Public Health, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Med Virol 65:631-6. 2001..of AZT resistance mutations in AZT-naive patients, 56 HIV-1 seropositive patients treated for 18 months with stavudine/lamivudine (27 patients) or AZT/lamivudine (29 patients) were studied...
- Durability of stavudine, lamivudine and nevirapine among advanced HIV-1 infected patients with/without prior co-administration of rifampicin: a 144-week prospective studyWeerawat Manosuthi
Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute, Ministry of Public Health, Nonthaburi, 11000, Thailand
BMC Infect Dis 8:136. 2008To date, data on the durability of a regimen of stavudine, lamivudine and nevirapine are very limited, particularly from the resource-limited settings.
- Changes in body composition with ritonavir-boosted and unboosted atazanavir treatment in combination with Lamivudine and Stavudine: a 96-week randomized, controlled studyGrace McComsey
Department of Pediatrics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Clin Infect Dis 48:1323-6. 2009..virus type 1 who were treated with either atazanavir or ritonavir-boosted atazanavir, in combination with stavudine and lamivudine...
- In vivo antagonism with zidovudine plus stavudine combination therapyD V Havlir
1University of California, San Diego, 2San Diego VA Medical Center, San Diego, California, USA
J Infect Dis 182:321-5. 2000Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected subjects receiving zidovudine were randomized either to add stavudine (d4T) or didanosine (ddI) to their current regimen or to switch to ddI or d4T monotherapy...
- Normalization of fat accrual in lipoatrophic, HIV-infected children switched from stavudine to tenofovir and from protease inhibitor to efavirenzAlessandro Viganò
Department of Paediatrics, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Italy
Antivir Ther 12:297-302. 2007An antiretroviral regimen based on lamivudine+stavudine+protease inhibitor impairs peripheral fat accrual in HIV-infected children and adolescents...
- Short communication: Severe symptomatic hyperlactatemia among HIV type 1-infected adults on antiretroviral therapy in Côte d'IvoireAlbert Minga
Programme PAC CI, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:991-5. 2010b>Stavudine is no longer recommended for use in first-line antiretroviral therapy (ART), but it remains in high demand worldwide because it is affordable...
- Effectiveness and tolerability of nevirapine, stavudine, and lamivudine in clinical practiceJ L Yozviak
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
HIV Clin Trials 2:474-6. 2001..This retrospective chart review examines the effectiveness, tolerability, and convenience of a nevirapine (NVP), stavudine (d4T), and lamivudine (3TC)-containing regimen in an urban HIV clinical practice...
- Safety, pharmacokinetics, and efficacy of (+/-)-beta-2',3'-dideoxy-5-fluoro-3'-thiacytidine with efavirenz and stavudine in antiretroviral-naïve human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientsC Herzmann
EPIMED GmbH, Vivantes Auguste Viktoria Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:2828-33. 2005..RCV was administered once a day orally for 14 days at doses of 200, 400, or 600 mg in combination with stavudine and efavirenz to HIV-1-infected treatment-naïve male volunteers in a phase Ib/IIa study...
- Multi-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor resistant HIV type-1 in a patient from Sierra Leone failing stavudine, lamivudine and nevirapineRaph L Hamers
Department of Internal Medicine, Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Antivir Ther 16:115-8. 2011..multi-NRTI-resistance Q151M complex, K65R, M184I and Y181I, after using standard first-line generic fixed-dose stavudine, lamivudine and nevirapine (Triomune™) for 36 months...
- Relation of stavudine discontinuation to anthropometric changes among HIV-infected womenPhyllis C Tien
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:43-8. 2007To characterize changes in regional anthropometry associated with stavudine exposure and discontinuation.
- In vivo toxicity, pharmacokinetics, and anti-human immunodeficiency virus activity of stavudine-5'-(p-bromophenyl methoxyalaninyl phosphate) (stampidine) in miceFatih M Uckun
Drug Discovery Program, Departments of Virology, Immunology, Pathology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Chemistry, Parker Hughes Institute, St Paul, and Parker Hughes Center for Clinical Immunology, Roseville, Minnesota 55113, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3428-36. 2002We have evaluated the clinical potential of stavudine-5'-(p-bromophenyl methoxyalaninyl phosphate(stampidine [STAMP]), a novel aryl phosphate derivative of stavudine, as a new anti-human immunodeficiency virus (anti-HIV) agent, by ..
- Mitochondrial DNA base excision repair and mitochondrial DNA mutation in human hepatic HuH-7 cells exposed to stavudineYasong Wu
HIV AIDS Research Center, Beijing You An Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100069, China
Mutat Res 664:28-38. 2009..that mitochondrial oxidative stress leads to changes in the balance between mtDNA repair and mutation following stavudine (d4T) treatment...
- Pharmacokinetics of coadministered ritonavir-boosted elvitegravir and zidovudine, didanosine, stavudine, or abacavirSrinivasan Ramanathan
Gilead Sciences, Foster City, CA 94404, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:160-6. 2007..relevant drug interactions between ritonavir-boosted elvitegravir (EVG/r) and the nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) zidovudine (ZDV), didanosine (ddI), stavudine (d4T), or abacavir (ABC) upon coadministration.
- Mitochondrial DNA and RNA increase in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from HIV-1-infected patients randomized to receive stavudine-containing or stavudine-sparing combination therapyMiriam Casula
International Antiviral Therapy Evaluation Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Infect Dis 192:1794-800. 2005..Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) has been suggested as a potential marker of mitochondrial toxicity associated with nucleoside analogue reverse-transcriptase inhibitor-containing therapy...
- A chewable pediatric fixed-dose combination tablet of stavudine, lamivudine, and nevirapine: pharmacokinetics and safety compared with the individual liquid formulations in human immunodeficiency virus-infected children in ThailandNirun Vanprapar
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:940-4. 2010..the relative bioavailability, safety, and therapeutic adequacy of a novel chewable pediatric FDC tablet of stavudine (7 mg), lamivudine (30 mg), and nevirapine (50 mg), referred to as GPO-VIR S7, and compared it with the ..
- HIV and Global Drug Therapies: Peripheral Neuropathy Complications and MechanismsCecilia M Shikuma; Fiscal Year: 2012..underlying HIV-SN in individuals initiating HAART;how the pathogenesis and interactions may be altered by stavudine (d4T), a neuropathic anitretroviral (ARV) medication;and whether irreparable damage to the nerves can occur with ..
- HIV associated Lipodystrophy Syndrome in Children: Role of nutrition, ART &GenesSoumya Swaminathan; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): An increasing number of HIV infected children are being started on stavudine containing antiretroviral treatment regimens in India...
- Biochemical Pharmacology of Anti-HIV CompoundsYung Chi Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2013..4'- Ed4T has much better therapeutic index in cell culture than either zidovudine (AZT) or stavudine (D4T)...
- Nucleoside Transporters In HAART Mitochondrial ToxicityJohn Buolamwini; Fiscal Year: 2006..These nucleoside drugs, including zidovudine (AZT), stavudine (d4T), didanosine (DDI), zalcitabine (DDC) and lamivudine (3TC) are believed to cause mitochondria! depletion to ..
- ART PHARMACOKINETICS IN SEVERELY MALNOURISHED HIV-INFECTED CHILDRENEricka Hayes; Fiscal Year: 2009..Area under the curve pharmacokinetic measurements will be done for stavudine, lamivudine and nevirapine after 2 and 8 weeks of HAART...
- HIV Therapy & Interruption RCT in Resource Poor ClinicLuis J Montaner; Fiscal Year: 2010..viral suppression to <50 copies/ml during a 24 week "run-in" period on lopinavir/ritonavir, lamivudine, stavudine to include a complete vaccination series against rabies from week 16 to 22 (de novo antigen) before ..
- HIV Therapy & Interruption RCT in Resource Poor ClinicLuis Montaner; Fiscal Year: 2004..viral suppression to <50 copies/ml during a 24 week "run-in" period on lopinavir/ritonavir, lamivudine, stavudine to include a complete vaccination series against rabies from week 16 to 22 (de novo antigen) before ..
- Stampidine: A Novel Broad-Spectrum Antiviral AgentTaracad Venkatachalam; Fiscal Year: 2003Stampidine [STAMP], [STV-5'-[p-bromophenyl methoxyalaninyl phosphate] is a novel aryl phosphate derivative of Stavudine (STV/d4T), a pyrimidine nucleoside analogue used in the treatment of HIV infection...
- Metabolic and Nutritional Effects of ART in ChildrenMeera Chhagan; Fiscal Year: 2009..These guidelines recommend stavudine, lamivudine and lopinavir/ritonavir for children less than 3 years, or stavudine, lamivudine and efavirenz if ..
- Bioactive Compounds from Acylnitroso CycloadductsMarvin Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006..inhibitors, benzodiazepines, diazepines, carbocyclic nucleosides and analogs (aristeromycin, carbavir, abacavir, stavudine, carbocyclic oxanosine, and their nor analogs, carbocyclic forms of polyoxins, sinefungin, nucleoside Q, ..
- Mutagenesis of Single/Combined NRTI Drugs in Human CellsVernon Walker; Fiscal Year: 2004..will be performed to measure (by specific RIAs) DNA incorporation of zidovudine (AZT), lamivudine (3TC), and/or stavudine (d4T), and to measure and characterize the mutagenic response at the HPRT and APRT loci of AZH-1cells and the ..
- DOT-HARRT for HIV-Infected South African AdultsJean Nachega; Fiscal Year: 2010..300 patients will be assigned to either peer-DOT-HAART or self-administration of a twice daily combination of Stavudine, Lamivudine and Efavirenz for 24 months...
- Formulation of dosage of the anti-HIV agent, DDE113Darin DuMez; Fiscal Year: 2005..This nucleoside analog is significantly more potent than stavudine and AZT for many primary clinical human HIV isolates...
- Uridine Supplementation for HIV lipoatrophyGrace McComsey; Fiscal Year: 2007..On-study subjects will continue to be followed per study protocol for a total of 12 months. The last 6 months of the grant will be dedicated to processing of samples and analysis of all data. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Mitochondria in HIV LipoatrophyGrace McComsey; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Metabolic Consequences of Thymidine Sparing RegimensGrace A McComsey; Fiscal Year: 2010..at the top of each printed page and each continuation page. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- Endothelial Dysfunction Due to HIV-1 Protease InhibitorsMitchell Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Vanadocenes as a New Class of Spermicidal DrugsOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Stampidine: A Novel Broad-Spectrum Anti-HIV MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..transmission of HIV without affecting fertility, we have synthesized a series of phenyl phosphate derivatives of stavudine (STV/d4T) and identified stavudine-5'-(p-bromophenyl methoxyalaninyl phosphate) [Stampidine or STAMP], as the ..
- Phase II SBIR: WHI-07: A Novel Dual-Function MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- PHI 346: A Novel Dual-Function MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..Following successful completion of the Phase I in vivo efficacy studies, gel formulation of PHI-346 will be further explored as a vaginal dual-function microbicide in Phase II. ..
- FLP-102: Rationally Engineered Antiviral ProteinOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..The preclinical data on FLP-102 will be essential to further explore the utility of this novel recombinant PAP mutant for Phase II. ..
- METVAN: A Novel Anticancer AgentOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..The knowledge gained from these studies described under Specific Aims 1-2 is expected to facilitate the design of innovative treatment regimens employing METVAN for metastatic breast cancer and brain tumor patients. ..
- NOVEL CONTRACEPTIVES WITH ANTI-HIV ACTIVITYOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..The preclinical data on in vivo efficacies of WHI-05 and WHI-07 will be essential to further explore the utility of these novel drugs for clinical studies in human patients. ..
- PHI-443: Novel Non-Spermicidal Anti-HIV MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aims 1 and 2 may provide the foundation for the clinical development of PHI-443 in Phase II studies as a safe, effective broad-spectrum anti-HIV microbicide without conception-inhibiting functions. ..
- CARDIOMYOPATHY IN AIDSWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2009..HYPOTHESIS 4: mtDNA depletion (from any above) causes or results from oxidative stress. Antioxidants ameliorate oxidative stress from NRTIs by decreasing oxidation of mtDNA. ..
- CARDIAC DYSFUNCTION, AIDS AND COCAINEWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2003..Immuno-LM and immuno-TEM identify cellular and subcellular alterations. ..
- Acquired mtDNA depletion and nucleoside reverse transciptase inhibitorsWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2010..Survival with HIV/AIDS improved because of pyrimidine NRTIs like zidovudine (AZT) and stavudine (d4T), but NRTI mitochondrial toxicity limits therapy and mani- fests as mtDNA depletion and organ dysfunction...
- Hepatic mitochondrial oxidative stress, AIDS and alcoholWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Biochemical, molecular and pathological changes (above) are ameliorated. This serves as a "proof of principle". ..
- AIDS and Alcohol and CardiomyopathyWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Myofibrillar, nuclear and mitochondrial volumes are analyzed quantitatively (by transmission electron microscopy [TEM]). Volume fractions of extracellular matrix and of myocytes are determined morphometrically (light and TEM). ..
- Nucleoside analogs, mitochondria and AIDS cardiomyopathyWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2006..AIM 2: to define CM from HAART microscopically and ultrastructurally using morphometric methods. AIM 3: to define cardiac performance in CM from HAART echocardiographically and using Langendorff preparations. ..
- PROTEASE INHIBITOR RELATED ATHEROSCLEROSIS IN HIVAndrew Carr; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- CNS Viral Dynamics and Cellular Immunity During AIDSDavid Haas; Fiscal Year: 2009..Characterizing these relationships will expand our knowledge regarding key events that lead to AIDS dementia, and may suggest novel approaches to other immunologic or viral-mediated diseases that affect the brain. ..
- VANDERBILT ADULT AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITDavid Haas; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed ACTU will not only enroll patients into ACTG clinical trials, but will provide the ACTG the ability to address important questions concerning AIDS treatment and pathogenesis. ..
- Predictors of Immunologic Long-term Non-Progression in Children with HIVJintanat Ananworanich; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will be important in deciding when to treat children with antiretroviral therapy. ..
- Non-nucleoside Reverse Transcriptive HypersensitivityNancy Shulman; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- HAART associated body shape & metabolic changes in IndiaSuneeta Saghayam; Fiscal Year: 2009..Metabolic changes will be evaluated every 6 months by fasting lipids, insulin, glucose and 2hr glucose (yearly). Fasting lactate and C-reactive protein will also be measured every 6 months. ..
- Optimizing strategies for universal HIV testingRochelle P Walensky; Fiscal Year: 2010..The scientific basis for early detection of HIV infection and aggressive linkage to care has been successfully laid. The challenge now is to identify effective, affordable, and cost-effective implementation mechanisms. ..
- TrkB.T1 as a Genetic Disease Modifier of Muscular DystrophyCHRISTOPHER WILLIAM WARD; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will try to figure out why these two molecules may be possible therapeutic targets. Our goal is to prevent, improve, or restore muscle function in patients with muscular dystrophy. ..
- DELETION MUTAGENESIS WITHIN NONCODING SEGMENTS OF HIV1Mark Wainberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..6. To determine whether these attenuated SIV constructs may protect against subsequent challenge with virulent forms of SIV and SIV/HIV hybrids. ..
- HIV-1 THERAPEUTICS AND DRUG RESISTANCEDaniel R Kuritzkes; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research program provides a framework within which the applicant can mentor beginning clinical investigators in patient-oriented research focused on critical issues in HIV-1 medicine. ..
- K24 MID-CAREER CLINICAL INVESTIGATOR AWARDJohn Bartlett; Fiscal Year: 2004..These mentorship activities are strongly supported by leadership of the Department of Medicine and the Division of Infectious Diseases, and an AIDS Training Grant, which provides financial support for young investigators. ..
- HIV-1 resistance to nucleoside analoguesDaniel Kuritzkes; Fiscal Year: 2004..Better understanding of the virologic, genetic, and biochemical aspects of AZT/3TC dual resistance will help direct therapy and may lead to better therapeutic strategies in the future. ..
- The Impact of HLA in Children Receiving HAARTAkihiko Saitoh; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research will also suggest modes of pathogenesis that can lead to the development of vaccine strategies. ..
- Design and Testing of a Parechovirus Vaccine VectorPaul Krogstad; Fiscal Year: 2005..We propose to construct and complete the initial in vitro testing of a parechovirus based vaccine vector, based on strategies already employed in the successful construction of enteroviral vectors. ..
- Integrated Human Research Subjects Protection ProjectRoss McKinney; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Mitochondria And Metabolic Complications Of HIVPablo Tebas; Fiscal Year: 2006..In order to do this we will use a NASBA based assay to measure the mitochondrial DNA and RNA content in PBMCs, and use 2000 specimens collected longitudinally in 3 large ACTG studies. ..
- HORMONAL REGULATORS OF MUSCLE AND METABOLISM IN AGINGFred Sattler; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results should also provide valuable information for future testing of new, novel treatment strategies, which are more tolerable and convenient than parenteral therapies for age associated sarcopenia. ..
- Tulane/LSU HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials Networks UnitRussell Van Dyke; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] ADMINISTRATIVE COMPONENT: [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antiretroviral Pharmacology/Lactating Mother/InfantsMark Mirochnick; Fiscal Year: 2006..This information is needed for the safe and effective use of antiretrovirals in nursing women, and will pioneer a novel approach to the study of breast milk drug transfer. ..
- Cellular Immunology of Enterovirus InfectionPaul Krogstad; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide a foundation for further studies of host-pathogen relationships in picornavirus disease and the potential utility of picornaviruses as enterally delivered vaccine vectors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Simulating Mitochondrial Toxicity of Nucleoside AnalogsDavid Samuels; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of these simulations will be compared with experiments conducted by our collaborator, and will be used to interpret these experiments. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fitness of Enfuvirtide-(T-20)-Resistant HIV-1Daniel Kuritzkes; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results of these studies will provide a deeper understanding of the molecular, virologic, and clinical consequences ofT-20 resistance, and may help guide the use of T-20 in salvage therapy. ..
- RECENT ADVANCES IN AIDS AND HIV RESEARCHMichael Saag; Fiscal Year: 2007..CME credit for attending physicians will be provided. ..
- International Clinical Trials UnitJohn Bartlett; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ADULT AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS GROUPMichael Saag; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Safety Pharmacokinetics & Efficacy of Artemether & Lumefantrine in Pregnant WomenMark Mirochnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..The data from this planned study will provide the information needed to ensure that pregnant women receive the appropriate doses of these anti-malaria drugs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clinical Significance of HIV Replication FitnessLisa Demeter; Fiscal Year: 2008..If these studies are successful, they could identify tests that could help predict clinical outcomes for HIV-infected patients. ..
- Alcohol and HIV Progression in the Hopkins HIV CohortRichard Moore; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that our research will yield valuable results to better understand the relationship between alcohol use and HIV/AIDS. ..