Genomes and Genes
st elevation myocardial infarction
Summary: A clinical syndrome defined by MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIA symptoms; persistent elevation in the ST segments of the ELECTROCARDIOGRAM; and release of BIOMARKERS of myocardial NECROSIS (e.g., elevated TROPONIN levels). ST segment elevation in the ECG is often used in determining the treatment protocol (see also NON-ST ELEVATION MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION).
- Maslov L, Podoksenov A, Khaliulin I. [The phenomenon of ischaemic postconditioning of the heart. Analysis of clinical data]. Angiol Sosud Khir. 2017;23:21-28 pubmed
- Barbarash O, Bykova I, Kashtalap V, Zykov M, Hryachkova O, Kalaeva V, et al. Serum neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin has an advantage over serum cystatin C and glomerular filtration rate in prediction of adverse cardiovascular outcome in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2017;17:81 pubmed publisher..Measurement of sNGAL level in patients with STEMI on the 12th-14th day after hospital admission may improve prediction of adverse cardiovascular outcome. ..
- Podolecki T, Lenarczyk R, Kowalczyk J, Jedrzejczyk Patej E, Swiatkowski A, Chodór P, et al. Significance of Atrial Fibrillation Complicating ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:517-521 pubmed publisher..86). In conclusion, 1 in 20 patients with STEMI treated invasively was affected by new-onset AF. The predictive value of new-onset AF was strongly related with STEMI location and timing of arrhythmia. ..
- Keskin M, Hayıroğlu M, Uzun A, Güvenç T, Sahin S, Kozan O. Effect of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease on In-Hospital and Long-Term Outcomes in Patients With ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1720-1726 pubmed publisher..Among these patients, grade 3 NAFLD had the highest mortality rates. The present study supports NAFLD screening in patients with STEMI. ..
- Wang J, Wei G, Hu W, Li L, Ye Y, Wang H, et al. Expression of matrix metalloproteinases-12 in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: A case-control study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8035 pubmed publisher..05).This study demonstrated that MMP12 exists in human coronary thrombus. Patients with STEMI have elevated plasma level of MMP12 and the imbalance of MMP12/TIMP1. These data supported that MMP12 might be of potential relevance in STEMI. ..
- Selker H, Udelson J, Ruthazer R, D Agostino R, Nichols M, Ben Yehuda O, et al. Relationship between therapeutic effects on infarct size in acute myocardial infarction and therapeutic effects on 1-year outcomes: A patient-level analysis of randomized clinical trials. Am Heart J. 2017;188:18-25 pubmed publisher..This finding enables consideration of using infarct size as a valid surrogate outcome measure in assessing new STEMI treatments. ..
- Lapinskas T, Bučius P, Urbonaitė L, Stabinskaitė A, Valuckienė Z, Jankauskaite L, et al. Left atrial mechanics in patients with acute STEMI and secondary mitral regurgitation: A prospective pilot CMR feature tracking study. Medicina (Kaunas). 2017;53:11-18 pubmed publisher..Only peak early negative strain rate substantially increases during secondary MR. LA deformation parameters derived from conventional cine images using CMR-FT technique are highly reproducible. ..
- Cloutier J, Zieroth S, Elbarouni B. Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention As Treatment for ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction in a Centenarian: Choosing Carefully. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:1066.e1-1066.e3 pubmed publisher..No data exist on how best to manage centenarians with STEMI. Patient comorbidities, functional status, and values should be considered in managing such patients. ..
- Keskin M, Hayıroğlu M, Keskin T, Kaya A, Tatlısu M, Altay S, et al. A novel and useful predictive indicator of prognosis in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction, the prognostic nutritional index. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2017;27:438-446 pubmed publisher..4-12.4) than those at the higher PNI level. The present study demonstrated that the PNI, calculated based on the serum albumin level and lymphocyte count, is an independent prognostic factor for mortality in patients with STEMI. ..
- DeBerge M, Yeap X, Dehn S, Zhang S, Grigoryeva L, Misener S, et al. MerTK Cleavage on Resident Cardiac Macrophages Compromises Repair After Myocardial Ischemia Reperfusion Injury. Circ Res. 2017;121:930-940 pubmed publisher..Our data implicate monocyte-induced MerTK cleavage on proreparative MHCIILO cardiac macrophages as a novel contributor and therapeutic target of reperfusion injury. ..
- Lønborg J, Engstrøm T, Ahtarovski K, Nepper Christensen L, Helqvist S, Vejlstrup N, et al. Myocardial Damage in Patients With Deferred Stenting After STEMI: A DANAMI-3-DEFER Substudy. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:2794-2804 pubmed publisher..These results do not support the use of routine deferred stenting in STEMI patients treated with primary PCI. (DANish Study of Optimal Acute Treatment of Patients With ST-elevation Myocardial Infarction [DANAMI-3]; NCT01435408). ..
- Goenka L, George M, Singh V, Jena A, Seshadri D, Karunakaran V, et al. Do ANGPTL-4 and galectin-3 reflect the severity of coronary artery disease?. Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis. 2017;11:261-270 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ANGPTL-4 and galectin-3 do not appear to have a promising role for assessing the severity of CAD. Nevertheless these biomarkers do warrant further exploration in improving the management of CAD. ..
- Garg P, Broadbent D, Swoboda P, Foley J, Fent G, Musa T, et al. Acute Infarct Extracellular Volume Mapping to Quantify Myocardial Area at Risk and Chronic Infarct Size on Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Acute ECV maps were superior to acute LGE in terms of agreement with final IS. IS quantified by ECV maps are independently associated with viability at follow-up. ..
- Keskin M, Kaya A, Tatlısu M, Uzman O, Börklü E, Çinier G, et al. Effect of Adjunctive Thrombus Aspiration on In-Hospital and 3-Year Outcomes in Patients With ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction and Large Native Coronary Artery Thrombus Burden. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1708-1714 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, adjunctive TA during PPCI was not associated with better in-hospital and 3-year all-cause deaths in patients with STEMI and a large coronary artery thrombus. ..
- Sim W, Ang A, Tan M, Xiang W, Foo D, Loh K, et al. Causes of delay in door-to-balloon time in south-east Asian patients undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185186 pubmed publisher..To evaluate causes and impact of delay in the door-to-balloon (D2B) time for patients undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PPCI)...
- Pan Y, Lu Z, Hang J, Ma S, Ma J, Wei M. Effects of Low-Dose Recombinant Human Brain Natriuretic Peptide on Anterior Myocardial Infarction Complicated by Cardiogenic Shock. Braz J Cardiovasc Surg. 2017;32:96-103 pubmed publisher..No drug-related serious adverse events occurred in either group. When added to standard care in stable patients with cardiogenic shock complicating anterior STEMI, low dose rhBNP improves PCWP and is well tolerated. ..
- Durante A, Laricchia A, Benedetti G, Esposito A, Margonato A, Rimoldi O, et al. Identification of High-Risk Patients After ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: Comparison Between Angiographic and Magnetic Resonance Parameters. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10:e005841 pubmed publisher..Another novel finding of our study is a significantly increased rate of clinically driven target lesion revascularization in the index event culprit vessel in patients with MVO. ..
- Mentias A, Raza M, Barakat A, Youssef D, Raymond R, Menon V, et al. Effect of Shorter Door-to-Balloon Times Over 20 Years on Outcomes of Patients With Anterior ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction Undergoing Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1254-1259 pubmed publisher..02 to 2.95, p?=?0.04; >120 minutes, HR 1.91, 95% CI 1.23 to 2.96, p?=?0.004). In conclusion, over the past 2 decades, long-term outcomes improved in patients presenting with anterior STEMI associated with shortening of DBT. ..
- Hwang K, Eom S, Lee S, Kim S, Cho M, Kim Y, et al. Atrial Fibrillation on Admission Is Related With Higher Mortality in ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction Patients. Int Heart J. 2017;58:486-494 pubmed publisher..001) at 1 year after admission compared patients with NSR. AF induced significantly higher all-cause mortality and cardiac mortality rate in STEMI patients who were appropriately revascularized with primary PCI compared to NSR at 1 year. ..
- Elbadawi A, Elgendy I, Megaly M, Ha L, Mahmoud K, Alotaki E, et al. Meta-Analysis of Randomized Trials of Intracoronary Versus Intravenous Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Inhibitors in Patients With ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction Undergoing Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1055-1061 pubmed publisher
- Tsuchida K, Nakamura N, Soda S, Sakai R, Nishida K, Hiroki J, et al. Relationship Between Glucose Fluctuations and ST-Segment Resolution in Patients With ST-Elevation Acute Myocardial Infarction. Int Heart J. 2017;58:328-334 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that glucose fluctuations may represent a potential therapeutic target to reduce myocardial reperfusion injury in STEMI. ..
- Wang Q, Ma J, Jiang Z, Wu F, Ping J, Ming L. Association of lymphocyte-to-monocyte ratio with in-hospital and long-term major adverse cardiac and cerebrovascular events in patients with ST-elevated myocardial infarction. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7897 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that this simple, inexpensive, relatively available inflammatory marker may have significant effects on the treatment and prognosis in patients with STEMI...
- Yudi M, Hamilton G, Farouque O, Andrianopoulos N, Duffy S, Lefkovits J, et al. Trends and Impact of Door-to-Balloon Time on Clinical Outcomes in Patients Aged <75, 75 to 84, and ?85 Years With ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1245-1253 pubmed publisher..Thus assessing whether patients aged ?85 years are suitable for invasive management does not necessarily translate to worse clinical outcomes. ..
- Wei J, Mehta P, Grey E, Garberich R, Hauser R, Bairey Merz C, et al. Sex-based differences in quality of care and outcomes in a health system using a standardized STEMI protocol. Am Heart J. 2017;191:30-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that STEMI health care disparities and mortality in women can be improved using STEMI protocols and systems. ..
- Wei T, Zhao B, Liu P, Feng X, Zhang Z, Shi Q, et al. [Impact of symptom onset to first medical contact time on the prognosis of patients with acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2017;45:393-398 pubmed publisher..21?22.20, P?0.026)???????????Cox?????????????SO-to-FMC??>90 min?????4.5?????????????(HR?2.88, 95%CI 1.10?7.53, P?0.031)? ??? ??SO-to-FMC????????STEMI?????????????????MACCE??????STEMI??????. ..
- Dehghani P, Lavoie A, Lavi S, Crawford J, Harenberg S, Zimmermann R, et al. Effects of ticagrelor versus clopidogrel on platelet function in fibrinolytic-treated STEMI patients undergoing early PCI. Am Heart J. 2017;192:105-112 pubmed publisher..In this high-risk population, ticagrelor provides more prompt and potent platelet inhibition compared with clopidogrel (Funded by Astra Zeneca; NCT01930591, https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01930591). ..
- Kim H, Lee K, Eun S, Choi S, Kim D, Park T, et al. Gender Differences in Factors Related to Prehospital Delay in Patients with ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Yonsei Med J. 2017;58:710-719 pubmed publisher..Gender differences exist in factors related to prehospital delay. Therefore, public education to reduce prehospital delay should be conducted according to gender with a focus on the pertinent factors. ..
- Cacciani L, Agabiti N, Bargagli A, Davoli M. Access to percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty and 30-day mortality in patients with incident STEMI: Differentials by educational level and gender over 11 years. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175038 pubmed publisher..It may be important to assess the role of female gender in patients with STEMI, both from a social and a clinical point of view. ..
- Elliott J, Wang T, Gamble G, Williams M, Matsis P, Troughton R, et al. A decade of improvement in the management of New Zealand ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) patients: results from the New Zealand Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) Audit Group national audits of 2002, 2007 and 2012. N Z Med J. 2017;130:17-28 pubmed..However, there appears to be considerable room to optimise management, particularly with the use of timely reperfusion therapy for more patients. ..
- De Luca L, Granatelli A. [Astronauts, asteroids and the universe of antithrombotic therapies in primary percutaneous coronary intervention]. G Ital Cardiol (Rome). 2017;18:461-466 pubmed publisher..In this review we will mention drugs floated like meteors in the Universe of STEMI treatment and we will discuss the body of evidence on oral and intravenous antithrombotic therapies for patients undergoing pPCI. ..
- Lee W, Fang H, Chen H, Chen C, Yang C, Hang C, et al. Anemia: A significant cardiovascular mortality risk after ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction complicated by the comorbidities of hypertension and kidney disease. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180165 pubmed publisher..011). Anemia is a marker of an increased risk in one-year cardiovascular mortality in patients with STEMI. If the patients have comorbidities such as hypertension, or CKD, the effect of anemia is very significant. ..
- Tsetskhladze E, Khintibidze I. RETROSPECTIVE STUDY OF EVALUATION OF PATIENTS WITH ST ELEVATION MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION AND INTACT CORONARY ARTERIES. EVALUATION OF TREATMENT APPROACHES; OUTCOME AND PROGNOSIS. Georgian Med News. 2017;:48-52 pubmed..Data was reviewed retrospectively for patients with ST elevation myocardial infarction who underwent cardiac catheterization. From the total number of patients evaluated 10...
- Pu J, Ding S, Ge H, Han Y, Guo J, Lin R, et al. Efficacy and Safety of a Pharmaco-Invasive Strategy With Half-Dose Alteplase Versus Primary Angioplasty in ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: EARLY-MYO Trial (Early Routine Catheterization After Alteplase Fibrinolysis Versus Primary PCI in A. Circulation. 2017;136:1462-1473 pubmed publisher..Adequately powered trials with this reperfusion strategy to assess clinical and safety outcomes are warranted. URL: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01930682. ..
- Chada A, Pothineni N, Kovelamudi S, Raghavan D. Tension pneumothorax presenting as ST segment elevation: Look, Listen, Act!. Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis. 2017;11:195-197 pubmed publisher..Treatment of the pneumothorax lead to resolution of the electrocardiographic abnormalities. Our experience from this unique case is useful for cardiologists and critical care physicians who encounter these patients routinely. ..
- Agarwal M, Agrawal S, Garg L, Garg A, Bhatia N, Kadaria D, et al. Effect of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease on In-Hospital Mortality and Clinical Outcomes After ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1555-1559 pubmed publisher..001). In conclusion, among patients with STEMI, COPD is associated with a greater risk of in-hospital mortality, new-onset heart failure, acute respiratory failure, and cardiogenic shock. ..
- Yeom S, Park S, Kim Y, Ahn B, Ahn J, Wang I. Minimal pneumothorax with dynamic changes in ST segment similar to myocardial infarction. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1210.e1-1210.e4 pubmed publisher..The ST segment elevation was normalized by decreasing the amount of pneumothorax. We reviewed the literature and present possible mechanisms for this condition. ..
- Goss F, Brachmann J, Hamm C, Haerer W, Reifart N, Levenson B. High adherence to therapy and low cardiac mortality and morbidity in patients after acute coronary syndrome systematically managed by office-based cardiologists in Germany: 1-year outcomes of the ProAcor Study. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2017;13:127-137 pubmed publisher..Treatment rates of recommended medications used for patients with coronary heart disease were excellent. The 1-year mortality rate was comparatively low. ..
- Dai J, Lyu S, Song X, Zhang M, Nie S, Gao H, et al. Stent Versus Non-Stent in Treating Intermediate Stenosis Culprit Lesions in Acute ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction Patients. Int Heart J. 2017;58:357-364 pubmed publisher..27), and bleeding (1.3% versus 1.2%, P = 1) rates.Stent implantation has a better efficacy and safety in reducing adverse ischemia events in acute STEMI patients with single vessel disease and intermediate stenosis culprit lesions. ..
- Vakili H, Shirazi M, Charkhkar M, Khaheshi I, Memaryan M, Naderian M. Correlation of platelet-to-lymphocyte ratio and neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio with thrombolysis in myocardial infarction frame count in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Eur J Clin Invest. 2017;47:322-327 pubmed publisher..Therefore, they might be employed in accurate risk stratification when a patient is a candidate for PPCI and in accurately referring patients who would benefit greatly from PPCI. ..
- St Pierre M, Luetcke B, Strembski D, Schmitt C, Breuer G. The effect of an electronic cognitive aid on the management of ST-elevation myocardial infarction during caesarean section: a prospective randomised simulation study. BMC Anesthesiol. 2017;17:46 pubmed publisher..The management of intraoperative ST-elevation myocardial infarction can be improved if teams use a cognitive aid. Trainees appeared to derive greater benefit from the cognitive aid than did consultants and nurses. ..
- Li Q, Wang D, Chen B. Electrocardiogram in patients with acute inferior myocardial infarction due to occlusion of circumflex artery. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6095 pubmed publisher..05 for all). The changes of STD I, STE III < STEII, STD AVL < STD I could discriminate between LCX and RCA in AIMI patients with high sensitivity and specificity.ECG may be an effective tool to predict the IRA in patient with AIMI. ..
- Liu D, Borlotti A, Viliani D, Jerosch Herold M, Alkhalil M, De Maria G, et al. CMR Native T1 Mapping Allows Differentiation of Reversible Versus Irreversible Myocardial Damage in ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: An OxAMI Study (Oxford Acute Myocardial Infarction). Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..A single CMR acquisition of native T1 mapping could potentially represent a fast, safe, and accurate method for early stratification of acute patients in need of more aggressive treatment. Further confirmatory studies will be needed. ..
- Kim D, Her S, Park M, Cho J, Kim T, Kang H, et al. Impact of Postprocedural TIMI Flow on Long-Term Clinical Outcomes in Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction. Int Heart J. 2017;58:674-685 pubmed publisher..And the effect of poor TIMI flow in STEMI was on death, not the components of MACE. Meanwhile, postprocedural TIMI flow had no effect on long-term outcomes in NSTEMI patients...
- Velásquez Rodríguez J, Diez Delhoyo F, Valero Masa M, Vicent L, Devesa C, Sousa Casasnovas I, et al. Prognostic Impact of Age and Hemoglobin in Acute ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction Treated With Reperfusion Therapy. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1909-1916 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in patients with STEMI, hemoglobin is an independent predictor of inhospital and long-term mortality, especially in those aged ?65 years. This association is also present in men ?65 years with normal hemoglobin levels. ..
- Enezate T, Omran J, Al Dadah A, Alpert M, Mahmud E, Patel M, et al. Comparison of Outcomes of ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction Treated by Percutaneous Coronary Intervention During Off-Hours Versus On-Hours. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1742-1754 pubmed publisher..DBT was not affected by the time of presentation. ..
- Pasupathy S, Tavella R, Grover S, Raman B, Procter N, Du Y, et al. Early Use of N-acetylcysteine With Nitrate Therapy in Patients Undergoing Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction Reduces Myocardial Infarct Size (the NACIAM Trial [N-acetylcysteine in Acute Myocardia. Circulation. 2017;136:894-903 pubmed publisher..A larger study is required to assess the impact of this therapy on clinical cardiac outcomes. Australian New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry. URL: http://www.anzctr.org.au/. Unique identifier: 12610000280000. ..
- Kurtul A, Acikgoz S. Usefulness of Mean Platelet Volume-to-Lymphocyte Ratio for Predicting Angiographic No-Reflow and Short-Term Prognosis After Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Patients With ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:534-541 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the MPVLR was a strong independent predictor for angiographic no-reflow and short-term mortality in patients with STEMI who underwent pPCI. ..
- Zhu Q, Tai S, Tang L, Peng W, Zhou S, Liu Z, et al. STEMI could be the primary presentation of acute aortic dissection. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1713-1717 pubmed publisher..Urgent CAG without awareness of TAAD could provide important information for a timely diagnosis. High level of suspicion and awareness is the key to establishing the diagnosis and achieving optimal clinical outcome. ..
- Adamski P, Sikora J, Laskowska E, Buszko K, Ostrowska M, Umińska J, et al. Comparison of bioavailability and antiplatelet action of ticagrelor in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction and non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction: A prospective, observational, single-centre study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186013 pubmed publisher
- Carberry J, Carrick D, Haig C, Ahmed N, Mordi I, McEntegart M, et al. Persistence of Infarct Zone T2 Hyperintensity at 6 Months After Acute ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: Incidence, Pathophysiology, and Prognostic Implications. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Persistent T2 hyperintensity was associated with the initial STEMI severity, adverse remodeling, and long-term health outcome. URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT02072850. ..
- Joyce E, Hoogslag G, Kamperidis V, Debonnaire P, Katsanos S, Mertens B, et al. Relationship Between Myocardial Function, Body Mass Index, and Outcome After ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Normal weight patients continue to demonstrate the worst survival, suggesting that the potential nonadverse effect of higher BMI in this population is independent of LV function. ..
- Yogendranathan N, Herath H, Pahalagamage S, Kulatunga A. Electrocardiographic changes mimicking acute coronary syndrome in a large intracranial tumour: A diagnostic dilemma. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2017;17:91 pubmed publisherb>ST elevation Myocardial infarction is a medical emergency. A variety of noncardiac conditions had been known to mimic the ECG changes that are seen in acute coronary syndrome...
- Goedemans L, Abou R, Hoogslag G, Ajmone Marsan N, Taube C, Delgado V, et al. Comparison of Left Ventricular Function and Myocardial Infarct Size Determined by 2-Dimensional Speckle Tracking Echocardiography in Patients With and Without Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease After ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:734-739 pubmed publisher
- Li M, Li S, Du X, Wu T, Li X, Ma C, et al. Factors attributed to the higher in-hospital mortality of ST elevation myocardial infarction patients admitted during off-hour in comparison with those during regular hour. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175485 pubmed publisherIn-hospital mortality of patients with ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) admitted during off-hour was reported higher than those admitted during regular hour, but which factors cause the difference remains largely unknown though ..
- Biere L, Behaghel V, Mateus V, Assunção A, Gräni C, Ouerghi K, et al. Relation of Quantity of Subepicardial Adipose Tissue to Infarct Size in Patients With ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1972-1978 pubmed publisher..Patients with higher extent of EAT presented better cardiac healing. ..
- Dominguez Rodriguez A, Abreu Gonzalez P, de la Torre Hernandez J, Consuegra Sanchez L, Piccolo R, Gonzalez Gonzalez J, et al. Usefulness of Early Treatment With Melatonin to Reduce Infarct Size in Patients With ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction Receiving Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (From the Melatonin Adjunct in the Acute Myocardial Infarction Treated With A. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:522-526 pubmed publisher..001). In conclusion, the administration of melatonin in patients with STEMI who presented early after symptom onset was associated with a significant reduction in the infarct size after pPCI. ..
- Topaz G, Finkelstein A, Flint N, Shacham Y, Banai S, Steinvil A, et al. Comparison of 30-Day and Long-Term Outcomes and Hospital Complications Among Patients Aged <75 Versus ?75 Years With ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1897-1901 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in patients aged ?75 years who underwent primary percutaneous intervention for STEMI, the short- and long-term mortality rate was greater than fourfold higher compared with younger patients. ..
- Nammas W, Pietilä M, Romppanen H, Sia J, Debelder A, Karjalainen P. Outcome of poor initial TIMI flow in patients presenting with acute coronary syndrome. Scand Cardiovasc J. 2017;51:248-254 pubmed publisher..Definite ST occurred more in patients with poor, versus good, initial TIMI flow, mainly driven by difference in early events. ..
- Irzmanski R, Kapusta J, Obrębska Stefaniak A, Urzedowicz B, Kowalski J. Cardiac rehabilitation in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: can its failure be predicted?. Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis. 2017;11:177-184 pubmed publisher..Cardiac rehabilitation failure index may be useful in classifying patients into an appropriate model of rehabilitation. These findings support our earlier reports. ..
- Bravo C, Hirji S, Bhatt D, Kataria R, Faxon D, Ohman E, et al. Complete versus culprit-only revascularisation in ST elevation myocardial infarction with multi-vessel disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017;5:CD011986 pubmed publisherMulti-vessel coronary disease in people with ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) is common and is associated with worse prognosis after STEMI...
- Margolis G, Khoury S, Ben Shoshan J, Letourneau Shesaf S, Flint N, Keren G, et al. Prognostic Implications of Mid-Range Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction on Patients Presenting With ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:186-190 pubmed publisher..4, 95% CI 1.02 to 1.93, p = 0.04). In conclusion, among STEMI patients, those with mrEF at presentation constitute a distinct group in terms of baseline characteristics, in-hospital outcomes, and long-term mortality. ..
- Ertelt K, Brener S, Mehran R, Ben Yehuda O, McAndrew T, Stone G. Comparison of Outcomes and Prognosis of Patients With Versus Without Newly Diagnosed Diabetes Mellitus After Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (the HORIZONS-AMI Study). Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1917-1923 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, patients with NDM have a similarly poor prognosis after primary percutaneous coronary intervention in STEMI as those with previously established DM. ..
- Liga R, Orsini E, Caravelli P, De Carlo M, Petronio A, Marzilli M. Interactions Between Reciprocal ST-Segment Downsloping During ST-Elevated Myocardial Infarction and Global Cardiac Perfusion and Functional Abnormalities. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1902-1908 pubmed publisher..005). In conclusion, the presence of reciprocal ST-segment downsloping during STEMI clusters with significant perfusion and cardiac functional abnormalities, predicting the development of "no reflow" phenomenon after PCI. ..
- Tralhão A, Freitas P, Rodrigues G, Café H, Ferreira A, Mesquita Gabriel H, et al. Persistent Hypoxemia After Acute Myocardial Infarction: An Unexpected Culprit. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:1336.e1-1336.e3 pubmed publisher..We report a case of a 60-year-old woman who experienced severe persistent hypoxemia caused by a patent foramen ovale in the setting of anterior MI complicated by a contained left ventricular rupture. ..
- Kosmidou I, Embacher M, McAndrew T, Dizon J, Mehran R, Ben Yehuda O, et al. Early Ventricular Tachycardia or Fibrillation in Patients With ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction Undergoing Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention and Impact on Mortality and Stent Thrombosis (from the Harmonizing Outcomes with Revascularization. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1755-1760 pubmed publisher..Further investigation into the mechanisms underlying the increased risk of early stent thrombosis in patients with early VT/VF is required. ..
- Karetnikova V, Osokina A, Gruzdeva O, Uchasova E, Zykov M, Kalaeva V, et al. Serum neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin the estimation of hospital prognosis in patients with ST-elevated myocardial infarction. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180816 pubmed publisher..2 times) for high sNGAL on day 12, with sNGAL ? 1.046 ng/ml indicating complicated hospitalization course. sNGAL concentration on the 12th day was associated with the existing adverse outcomes, acting as a marker of MI severity. ..
- Chrysanthopoulou A, Kambas K, Stakos D, Mitroulis I, Mitsios A, Vidali V, et al. Interferon lambda1/IL-29 and inorganic polyphosphate are novel regulators of neutrophil-driven thromboinflammation. J Pathol. 2017;243:111-122 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings reveal a novel function of IFN-?1/IL-29 in the suppression of thromboinflammation. Copyright © 2017 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Moscarella E, Spitaleri G, Brugaletta S, Sentí Farrarons S, Pernigotti A, Ortega Paz L, et al. Impact of Body Mass Index on 5-Year Clinical Outcomes in Patients With ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction After Everolimus-Eluting or Bare-Metal Stent Implantation. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1460-1466 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in patients with STEMI who underwent primary PCI, the long-term all-cause death rate decreased as BMI increased, confirming the obesity paradox, irrespective of the stent type. ..
- Muser D, Tioni C, Shah R, Selvanayagam J, Nucifora G. Prevalence, Correlates, and Prognostic Relevance of Myocardial Mechanical Dispersion as Assessed by Feature-Tracking Cardiac Magnetic Resonance After a First ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:527-533 pubmed publisher..001 for the chi-square change). In conclusion, MD after STEMI is a marker of the extent of myocardial damage; its assessment by feature-tracking CMR provides significant, independent, and incremental long-term prognostic information. ..
- Bebb O, Hall M, Fox K, Dondo T, Timmis A, Bueno H, et al. Performance of hospitals according to the ESC ACCA quality indicators and 30-day mortality for acute myocardial infarction: national cohort study using the United Kingdom Myocardial Ischaemia National Audit Project (MINAP) register. Eur Heart J. 2017;38:974-982 pubmed publisher..To investigate the application of the European Society of Cardiology Acute Cardiovascular Care Association quality indicators (QI) for acute myocardial infarction for the study of hospital performance and 30-day mortality...
- Morciano G, Bonora M, Campo G, Aquila G, Rizzo P, Giorgi C, et al. Mechanistic Role of mPTP in Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;982:169-189 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide a brief overview of principal cardioprotective strategies and their pitfalls. ..
- Pancholy S, Patel G, Pancholy M, Nanavaty S, Coppola J, Kwan T, et al. Association Between Health Insurance Status and In-Hospital Outcomes After ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1049-1054 pubmed publisher..001). The multivariate model demonstrated good statistical discrimination (c-statistic?=?0.89). In conclusion, lack of health insurance is independently associated with increased in-hospital mortality in patients presenting with STEMI. ..
- Li W, Neradilek M, Gu F, Isquith D, Sun Z, Wu X, et al. Pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A is a stronger predictor for adverse cardiovascular outcomes after acute coronary syndrome in type-2 diabetes mellitus. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2017;16:45 pubmed publisher..Elevated PAPP-A compared to other risk factors was a stronger predictor for future CV events 2 years post ACS in patients with T2DM. Trial registration ISRCTN10805074. Registered on 20 January 2017, retrospectively registered. ..
- Pruthi S, Kobrossi S, Bartaula R, Chaudhuri D. The misleading electrocardiogram - Midventricular Takotsubo masquerading as anterior wall STEMI. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1586.e3-1586.e4 pubmed publisher..This case highlights the importance of carefully analyzing the ECG in emergency situations for differences between TC and STEMI and when in doubt, cardiac catheterization should be pursued. ..
- Ribas N, Garcia Garcia C, Meroño O, Recasens L, Pérez Fernández S, Bazan V, et al. Secondary prevention strategies after an acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction in the AMI code era: beyond myocardial mechanical reperfusion. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2017;17:54 pubmed publisher..Further efforts should be devoted to secondary prevention strategies after STEMI. ..
- Barton G, Irvine L, Flather M, McCann G, Curzen N, Gershlick A. Economic Evaluation of Complete Revascularization for Patients with Multivessel Disease Undergoing Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Value Health. 2017;20:745-751 pubmed publisher..There was, however, some uncertainty associated with this decision. ..
- Fineschi M, Verna E, Mezzapelle G, Bartolini D, Turiano G, Manari A, et al. Assessing MICRO-vascular resistances via IMR to predict outcome in STEMI patients with multivessel disease undergoing primary PCI (AMICRO): Rationale and design of a prospective multicenter clinical trial. Am Heart J. 2017;187:37-44 pubmed publisher..If IMR significantly correlates with differences in outcome and LV remodeling, it will emerge as a potential prognostic index after PPCI in patients with MVD. ..