superior sagittal sinus
Summary: The long large endothelium-lined venous channel on the top outer surface of the brain. It receives blood from a vein in the nasal cavity, runs backwards, and gradually increases in size as blood drains from veins of the brain and the DURA MATER. Near the lower back of the CRANIUM, the superior sagittal sinus deviates to one side (usually the right) and continues on as one of the TRANSVERSE SINUSES.
- Sheng H, Shen F, Lin J, Bai G, Lin F, Li D, et al. Traumatic open depressed cranial fracture causing occlusion of posterior superior sagittal sinus: Case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7055 pubmed publisherThe superior sagittal sinus (SSS) is the major dural sinuses that receive a considerable amount of venous drainage...
- Richters A, Melis R, van Exel N, Olde Rikkert M, van der Marck M. Perseverance time of informal caregivers for people with dementia: construct validity, responsiveness and predictive validity. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2017;9:26 pubmed publisher..The predictive power of perseverance time scores for living situation exceeds the predictive power of other burden measures and indicates informal care as an important factor for maintaining the patient at home. ..
- Fernandes Cabral D, Kooshkabadi A, Panesar S, Celtikci E, Borghei Razavi H, Celtikci P, et al. Surgical Management of Vertex Epidural Hematoma: Technical Case Report and Literature Review. World Neurosurg. 2017;103:475-483 pubmed publisher..dilemma regarding when and how to operate, particularly considering the potential implication of the superior sagittal sinus (SSS). Here, we illustrate the surgical technique for VEH as well as a review of the existing literature...
- Yin T, Gu J, Huang Y, Wei L, Gao J, Wang S. Assessment and Treatment of Peritumoral Cortical Veins in Parasagittal Meningiomas with Application of 3-Dimensional Imaging Fusion Model. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:220-228 pubmed publisher..be transacted directly, and end-to-end veins could be cut selectivity based on the degree of occlusion of the superior sagittal sinus. Detailed preoperative assessment of peritumoral cortical veins is critical for proper treatment.
- Lim Y, Mormino E. APOE genotype and early ?-amyloid accumulation in older adults without dementia. Neurology. 2017;89:1028-1034 pubmed publisher..i>APOE genotype in conjunction with chronologic age may aid in participant selection for primary prevention trials aimed at halting A? accumulation before abnormal levels are reached. ..