Genomes and Genes
hla dr4 antigen
Summary: An HLA-DR antigen which is associated with HLA-DRB1 CHAINS encoded by DRB1*04 alleles.
Publications221 found, 100 shown here
- Predicting peptides that bind to MHC molecules using supervised learning of hidden Markov modelsH Mamitsuka
C and C Media Research Laboratories, NEC Corporation, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
Proteins 33:460-74. 1998..Peptide sequences not shown in this paper but with rather high binding probabilities can be obtained from the author...
- Mature high-affinity immune responses to (pro)insulin anticipate the autoimmune cascade that leads to type 1 diabetesPeter Achenbach
Institut fur Diabetesforschung, Kolner Platz 1, 80804 Munich, Germany
J Clin Invest 114:589-97. 2004....
- HLA-DR4 and HLA-DR10 motifs that carry susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis bind 70-kD heat shock proteinsI Auger
Laboratoire d Immuno Rhumatologie, Faculte de Medecine de Marseille, France
Nat Med 2:306-10. 1996..This property may influence the intracellular route, processing or peptide associations of the HLA-DRbeta1 chain in these two rheumatoid arthritis-associated alleles...
- Structure of a complex of the human alpha/beta T cell receptor (TCR) HA1.7, influenza hemagglutinin peptide, and major histocompatibility complex class II molecule, HLA-DR4 (DRA*0101 and DRB1*0401): insight into TCR cross-restriction and alloreactivityJens Hennecke
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Exp Med 195:571-81. 2002..7/DR4/HA complex with the structure of DR4 presenting a collagen peptide. This structural study of TCR cross-reactivity emphasizes how MHC sequence differences can affect TCR binding indirectly by moving peptide atoms...
- HLA-DR4-IE chimeric class II transgenic, murine class II-deficient mice are susceptible to experimental allergic encephalomyelitisK Ito
Department of Inflammation and Autoimmune Diseases, Hoffmann La Roche Inc, Nutley, New Jersey 07110, USA
J Exp Med 183:2635-44. 1996..Non-Tg mice immunized with either PLP175-192 or MBP87-106 did not develop EAE. These results demonstrated that a human MHC class II binding site alone can confer susceptibility to an experimentally induced murine autoimmune disease...
- HLA-encoded genetic predisposition in IDDM: DR4 subtypes may be associated with different degrees of protectionD E Undlien
Institute of Transplantation Immunology, The National Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Diabetes 46:143-9. 1997..e., DRB1*0404, 0403, and 0406) cause an increasing degree of protection, possibly by binding a common protective peptide. Features of a protective peptide that fit such a model are briefly discussed...
- X-ray crystal structure of HLA-DR4 (DRA*0101, DRB1*0401) complexed with a peptide from human collagen IIA Dessen
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, The Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Immunity 7:473-81. 1997..A model is proposed for the DR4 recognition of collagen II (261-273), an antigen immunodominant in human-transgenic mouse models of RA...
- HLA-DR1 (DRB1*0101) and DR4 (DRB1*0401) use the same anchor residues for binding an immunodominant peptide derived from human type II collagenEdward F Rosloniec
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Research Service 151, 1030 Jefferson Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104, USA
J Immunol 168:253-9. 2002....
- Cutting edge: the conversion of arginine to citrulline allows for a high-affinity peptide interaction with the rheumatoid arthritis-associated HLA-DRB1*0401 MHC class II moleculeJonathan A Hill
Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London Health Sciences Center, London, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 171:538-41. 2003..These results reveal how DRB1 alleles with the shared epitope could initiate an autoimmune response to citrullinated self-Ags in RA patients...
- Detection of major histocompatibility complex/human cartilage gp-39 complexes in rheumatoid arthritis synovitis as a specific and independent histologic markerDominique Baeten
Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Arthritis Rheum 50:444-51. 2004..The aim of the present study was to analyze whether presentation of the immunodominant epitope of HC gp-39 by shared epitope-positive synovial dendritic cells is a specific event in the development of chronic synovial inflammation in RA...
- Analog peptides of type II collagen can suppress arthritis in HLA-DR4 (DRB1*0401) transgenic miceYoshihiko Sakurai
Department of Medicine, University of Tennessee, 956 Court Avenue, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R150. 2006..These experiments represent the first description of an analog peptide of CII recognized by T cells in the context of HLA-DR4 that can suppress autoimmune arthritis...
- The rheumatoid arthritis-associated allele HLA-DR10 (DRB1*1001) shares part of its repertoire with HLA-DR1 (DRB1*0101) and HLA-DR4 (DRB*0401)Iñaki Alvarez
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 58:1630-9. 2008..To identify the peptide anchor motif for the rheumatoid arthritis (RA)-related HLA allele, DR10, and find shared natural ligands or sequence similarities with the other disease-associated alleles, DR1 and DR4...
- Use of soluble peptide-DR4 tetramers to detect synovial T cells specific for cartilage antigens in patients with rheumatoid arthritisB L Kotzin
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver CO, 80262, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:291-6. 2000..Together, the results also suggest that the major oligoclonal CD4(+) T cell expansions present in RA joints are not specific for the dominant CII and HCgp39 determinants...
- Differential MHC class II-mediated presentation of rheumatoid arthritis autoantigens by human dendritic cells and macrophagesEleanor C Tsark
Division of Immunology, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
J Immunol 169:6625-33. 2002..These data support the hypothesis that CII and HCgp39 are autoantigens and that their class II-mediated presentation by DC and Mphi to T cells in vivo has a critical role in the pathogenesis of human rheumatoid arthritis...
- Allele and antigen-specific treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: a double blind, placebo controlled phase 1 trialArthur Kavanaugh
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA 92037 0943, USA
J Rheumatol 30:449-54. 2003..AG4263 is a soluble complex of native HLA-DR4 (beta*0401) complexed to Org 36601, a 13-mer peptide derived from HC gp-39 (also referred to as CDP263)...
- Citrullination of self-proteins and autoimmunityB Rubin
CNRS, UMR 5165, CHU Purpan, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 03, France
Scand J Immunol 60:112-20. 2004..These data indicate that the quality and/or quantity of anti-FBG autoantibodies or of anti-citrulline antibodies, produced in the studied mouse strains, are insufficient to induce arthritis...
- Endogenous HLA-DR-restricted presentation of the cartilage antigens human cartilage gp-39 and melanoma inhibitory activity in the inflamed rheumatoid jointM J C van Lierop
Organon NV, Oss, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 56:2150-9. 2007..The present study was undertaken to investigate the endogenous HLA-DR4-restricted presentation of these self proteins, in order to seek in vivo evidence in support of their potential immunologic role...
- Small ubiquitin-like modifier 4 (SUMO4) polymorphisms and Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada (VKH) syndrome in the Chinese Han populationShengping Hou
The First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Chongqing, PR China
Mol Vis 14:2597-603. 2008..To examine whether small ubiquitin-like modifier 4 (SUMO4) polymorphisms were associated with Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada (VKH) syndrome in the Chinese Han population...
- The HLA-DQ7 and -DQ8 associations in DR4-positive rheumatoid arthritis patients. A combined analysis of data available in the literatureL Fugger
Department of Clinical Immunology, National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Tissue Antigens 50:494-500. 1997..Our analyses provide strong evidence against the hypothesis that HLA-DQ molecules play a major role in the general susceptibility to RA. Thus, the strongest association in rheumatoid arthritis is with DRB1 genes rather than DQB1 genes...
- The mumps-specific T cell response in healthy individuals and insulin-dependent diabetics: preferential restriction by DR4-associated elementsO Bruserud
Institute of Transplantation Immunology, University of Oslo, Norway
Acta Pathol Microbiol Immunol Scand C 95:173-5. 1987..Here we report that the preferential restriction elements may be present on DR4 molecules expressing either Dw4 or Dw14. No particular genomic DQ-beta-polymorphism was associated with the preferential restriction elements...
- DQ beta sequences in HLA-DR4 haplotypesJ M Hilden
Hum Immunol 18:261-4. 1987....
- Possible human leukocyte antigen-mediated genetic interaction between type 1 and type 2 DiabetesH Li
Diabetes and Endocrine Research Laboratory, Department of Endocrinology, Lund University, S 20502 Malmo, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:574-82. 2001..The findings support a possible genetic interaction between type 1 and type 2 diabetes mediated by the HLA locus...
- Rheumatoid arthritis in southern Spain: toward elucidation of a unifying role of the HLA class II region in disease predispositionM Pascual
Instituto de Parasitología y López Neyra, Biomedicina, CSIC, Granada, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 44:307-14. 2001....
- Transracial evidence for the influence of the homologous HLA DR-DQ haplotype on transmission of HLA DR4 haplotypes to diabetic childrenY S Park
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Tissue Antigens 57:185-91. 2001..This might contribute not only to the synergistic effect of DR3/4, but also to the susceptibility influence of HLA DQB1*0401 alleles confined to DR4/X...
- Association of chronic lymphocytic leukemia with specific alleles of the HLA-DR4:DR53:DQ8 haplotype in German patientsH K Machulla
Interbranch HLA Laboratory, Institute of Medical Immunology, Martin Luther University of Halle, Magdeburger Str 16, D 06097 Halle, Germany
Int J Cancer 92:203-7. 2001..None of the previously reported associations with HLA class I antigens was confirmed. Our results suggest that factors within or close to the human MHC class II region confer susceptibility to CLL...
- HLA-DQA1 genotyping in patients with rheumatoid arthritis in TaiwanJ H Yen
Division of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, No 100, Shih Chuan 1st Road, Kaohsiung City 807, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 17:183-9. 2001..A synergistic effect for the susceptibility to RA can be found between HLA-DR4 and HLA-DQA1*0302 or DQA1*0303. We also found that the HLA-DQA1*0303 was related to bone erosion and seropositivity of RF in RA patients...
- Identification of a novel DR4 allele, DRB1*0442T A Dunn
Department of Medicine, Institute of Genetic Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Tissue Antigens 58:198-200. 2001..At the amino acid level, this substitution results in a change from tyrosine to phenylalanine. Serologically, the new allele appears to retain the DR4 antigenicity; however, this substitution may affect peptide-binding specificity...
- Candidate T cell epitopes of the human La/SSB autoantigenMarie L Davies
The Medical School, University of Birmingham, UK
Arthritis Rheum 46:209-14. 2002..To identify T cell epitopes of the human La autoantigen involved in the generation of anti-Ro/La autoantibodies...
- [The susceptible alleles on HLA-DRB 1 of type I diabetes in children in Harbin]H Zhang
Department of Epidemiology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150001, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 21:267-9. 2000..To evaluate association between type I diabetes in children and HLA-DRB1 alleles in Harbin...
- Heterogeneity of HLA-DRB1*04 and its associated haplotypes in the North Indian populationRitika Jaini
Department of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Hum Immunol 63:24-9. 2002..These results help to explain the observed variability in DR4 associations in autoimmune diseases in Asian Indians and provide support for scientific and historical documentation of extensive admixture in the Indian subcontinent...
- HLA-DQ8 and the HLA-DQ8-DR4 haplotype are positively associated with the hevein-specific IgE immune response in health care workers with latex allergyHans Peter Rihs
Research Institute for Occupational Medicine of the Berufsgenossenschaften BGFA, Institute of the Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 110:507-14. 2002..Hevein is one of the most important latex allergens affecting health care workers (HCWs)...
- Metabolic and immunogenetic prediction of long-term insulin remission in African patients with atypical diabetesE Sobngwi
Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, and Clinical Investigation Centre, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Diabet Med 19:832-5. 2002..We aimed to characterize a cohort of 'atypical' diabetic patients of sub-Saharan African origin and to analyse possible determinants of long-term remission...
- HLA-DR antigen frequencies in Mexican patients with dengue virus infection: HLA-DR4 as a possible genetic resistance factor for dengue hemorrhagic feverCurtis LaFleur
Centro de Investigaciones sobre Enfermedades Infecciosas, Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
Hum Immunol 63:1039-44. 2002..Because HLA-DR4 has been positively selected in Latin American populations, these results may apply also to other similar ethnic groups, particularly those with high percentages of admixture with indigenous Amerindian genes...
- Sex-related bias and exclusion mapping of the nonrecombinant portion of chromosome Y in human type 1 diabetes in the isolated founder population of SardiniaDaniela Contu
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Biotecnologie, Universita di Cagliari, Ospedale Microcitemico, Via Jenner, Cagliari 09121, Italy
Diabetes 51:3573-6. 2002..Other explanations, such as X chromosome-linked inheritance, are thus required for the male bias in incidence in type 1 diabetes in Sardinia...
- Relationship between human leukocyte antigen-DRB1 and autoimmune hepatitis type I in Chinese patientsDe Kai Qiu
Shanghai Renji Hospital, Shanghai Institute of Digestive Disease, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:63-7. 2003..To analyze the association of human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-DRB1 with autoimmune hepatitis type I (AIH) among Chinese patients in the Shanghai area...
- Expansion of specific alphabeta+ T-cell subsets in the myocardium of patients with myocarditis and idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy associated with Coxsackievirus B infectionPatrizia Luppi
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Immunogenetics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
Hum Immunol 64:194-210. 2003..This immune response may play a critical role in modulating disease progression after viral infections...
- [Prevalence and predictive value of GAD65 autoantibodies and their correlation with HLA DR-DQ genotypes in children with type-1 diabetes]Robert Hermann
Pecsi Tudomanyegyetem, Gyermekklinika, Pecs
Orv Hetil 144:355-60. 2003..Association of GADA with various HLA DQA1-DQB1 genotypes was also studied...
- Evaluation of the role of MHC class II alleles, haplotypes and selected amino acid sequences in primary sclerosing cholangitisPeter T Donaldson
Centre for Liver Research, School of Clinical Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medical Science, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
Autoimmunity 35:555-64. 2002..The specific aims of the study were to test existing associations and to develop hypotheses which together may account for all, or the majority, of the MHC-encoded susceptibility in PSC...
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphism affects onset pattern of type 1 diabetesYoshiko Motohashi
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:3137-40. 2003..Assessment of this VDR gene polymorphism may contribute to prediction of the onset pattern in individuals with a high risk of type 1 diabetes...
- HLA in Czech adult patients with autoimmune diabetes mellitus: comparison with Czech children with type 1 diabetes and patients with type 2 diabetesM Cerna
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Third Medical Faculty of Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Eur J Immunogenet 30:401-7. 2003..Type 1 diabetes mellitus (DM) in children or adults may have partly different immunogenetic etiopathogenesis than LADA...
- Association of a specific haplotype across the genes MMP1 and MMP3 with radiographic joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritisSylvia Dörr
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Halle Saale, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 6:R199-207. 2004..Our findings suggest that there are haplotypes in a MMP cluster region that modify the joint destruction in RA in a phasic manner...
- Analysis of HLA genes in families with autoimmune diabetes and thyroiditisLara Levin
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Bone Diseases, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Hum Immunol 65:640-7. 2004..g., DR4) are phenotype specific; and that because the logarithm of odds score for T1D + HT was lower than for T1D alone, additional non-HLA loci must contribute to the shared genetic susceptibility to T1D and AITD...
- Prediction of autoantibody positivity and progression to type 1 diabetes: Diabetes Autoimmunity Study in the Young (DAISY)Jennifer M Barker
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:3896-902. 2004..Predictive value of autoantibodies increases with blinded duplicate and independent sample retesting and incorporation of the level of autoantibody in the predictive algorithm...
- HLA DR phenotypic frequencies and genetic risk of Type 1 diabetes in west region of Algeria, TlemcenMourad Aribi
Department of Biology, Djillali Liabes University, Sidi Bel Abbes, 22 000, Algeria
BMC Genet 5:24. 2004..Using a case-control retrospective study design, we randomly recruited ninety-one related subjects, 39 type 1 diabetics and 52 ND as controls, at the Internal Medicine Board of Medical Centre University of Tlemcen...
- Preproinsulin-specific CD8+ T cells secrete IFNgamma in human type 1 diabetesSilvia Rathmann
Department of Internal Medicine I, Division of Endocrinology, University of Ulm, Robert Koch Str 8, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1037:22-5. 2004..Further investigations defining epitope specificity, cytokine secretion, and cytotoxic capacity are important to clarify their role in T1D development...
- GAD-reactive T cells were mainly detected in autoimmune-related type 1 diabetic patients with HLA DR9Arata Itoh
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio Univ School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1037:33-40. 2004..There was an association between T cell reactivity against GAD and HLA DR9 in Japanese type 1 diabetes...
- Closer association of IA-2 humoral autoreactivity with HLA DR3/4 than DQB1*0201/*0302 in Korean T1D patientsYongsoo Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Hanyang University Hospital, 249 1 Kyomun dong, Kuri, Kyunggi Do, 471 020, Korea
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1037:104-9. 2004..Design of the antigen-specific immunointervention trials should take into account such HLA DR and DQ association...
- Analysis of eluted peptides from type 1 diabetes-susceptible HLA class II molecules identified novel islet protein, heparin/heparan sulfate-interacting proteinKoji Nakanishi
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Toranomon Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 329:356-61. 2005..Immunostaining of pancreatic sections using antiserum for HIP peptide revealed exclusive staining of the islets. Thus, HIP was identified as an islet protein naturally processed and presented by HLA-DR4 molecules...
- Association of rheumatoid arthritis with HLA-DR1 and HLA-DR4 in HungaryAniko Kapitany
Laboratory of Immunology, Third Department of Medicine, University of Debrecen Medical Center, 22 Moricz Zs Street, Debrecen H 4004, Hungary
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1051:263-70. 2005..In addition, the presence of HLA-DR12, at least in Hungary, may protect from this disease...
- Homozygosity for premature stop codon of the MHC class I chain-related gene A (MIC-A) is associated with early activation of islet autoimmunity of DR3/4-DQ2/8 high risk DAISY relativesAkane Ide
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 1775 N Ursula Street, Aurora, Colorado, 80010, USA
J Clin Immunol 25:303-8. 2005..1 homozygosity suggesting that there are additional factors contributing to the marked risk of relatives compared to the general population with the DR3-DQ2/DR4-DQ8 genotype...
- IRS1, KCNJ11, PPARgamma2 and HNF-1alpha: do amino acid polymorphisms in these candidate genes support a shared aetiology between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?A Johansen
Steno Diabetes Center and Hagedorn Research Institute, Gentofte, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes Obes Metab 8:75-82. 2006..The objective of this study was to estimate the impact of four selected amino acid polymorphisms -IRS-1 Gly972Arg, Kir6.2 Glu23Lys, HNF-1alpha Ala98Val and PPARgamma2 Pro12Ala in a Danish population of T1DM families...
- Higher prevalence of autoantibodies to insulin and GAD65 in Swedish compared to Lithuanian children with type 1 diabetesHanna Holmberg
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Clinical Research Center, Division of Pediatrics and Diabetes Research Centre, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkopings Universitet, Sweden
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 72:308-14. 2006..Furthermore, the disease in patients with insulin autoantibodies seems to be clinically milder...
- Clinical and HLA phenotypes of type 1 autoimmune hepatitis in North American patients outside DR3 and DR4Albert J Czaja
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Liver Int 26:552-8. 2006..To determine the clinical phenotype and outcome of patients with definite type 1 autoimmune hepatitis, who lack human leukocyte antigen (HLA) DR3 and DR4, and to assess the importance of HLA DR7 and DR13...
- Polymorphisms of TNF microsatellite marker a and HLA-DR-DQ in diabetes mellitus-a study in 609 Swedish subjectsCarina Torn
Diabetes Laboratory, Institution of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Hum Immunol 67:527-34. 2006..We concluded that heterozygosity for DR3-DQ2/DR4-DQ8 and to some extent homozygosity for TNFa2/2 were risk factors for autoimmune diabetes irrespective of the clinical classification...
- Frequency and significance of antibodies to cyclic citrullinated peptide in type 1 autoimmune hepatitisAldo Montano-Loza
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Autoimmunity 39:341-8. 2006..Determine the frequency, clinical phenotype, and prognostic implications of antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptides in patients with type 1 autoimmune hepatitis...
- [Familial pemphigus vulgaris: immunogenetic study of HLA class II antigens]Maria Teresa Bordel-Gómez
Servicio de Dermatologia, Complejo Asistencial Virgen de la Concha, Zamora, Espana
Actas Dermosifiliogr 97:509-13. 2006....
- HLA-DR association with the genetic susceptibility to develop ashy dermatosis in Mexican Mestizo patientsMarisol Carrillo Correa
Department of Dermatology, Hospital General Manuel Gea Gonzalez, Tlalpan, Mexico
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:617-20. 2007..Ashy dermatosis, also known as erythema dyschromicum perstans, is an acquired benign disease, characterized by blue-gray pigment patches with erythematous borders. The cause is still unclear, but probably has an immunologic basis...
- Reduced CCR4, interleukin-13 and GATA-3 up-regulation in response to type 2 cytokines of cord blood T lymphocytes in infants at genetic risk of type 1 diabetesKristiina Luopajarvi
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Immunology 121:189-96. 2007....
- Systemic sclerosis-rheumatoid arthritis overlap syndrome: a unique combination of features suggests a distinct genetic, serological and clinical entityG Szucs
Third Department of Medicine, Rheumatology Division, University of Debrecen Medical and Health Science Center, 22 Móricz Zs str, Debrecen H 4004, Hungary
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:989-93. 2007..To determine the genetic, clinical and serological characteristics of systemic sclerosis (SSc)-rheumatoid arthritis (RA) overlap syndrome...
- SUMO4 M55V polymorphism affects susceptibility to type I diabetes in HLA DR3- and DR4-positive Swedish patientsS K Sedimbi
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Genes Immun 8:518-21. 2007..From the current study, we conclude that SUMO4 M55V is associated with TIDM in association with high-risk HLA-DR3 and DR4, but not by itself...
- Autoantibodies in type 1 diabetesCraig E Taplin
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045 6511, USA
Autoimmunity 41:11-8. 2008..The number of antibodies, rather than the individual antibody, is thought to be most predictive of progression to overt diabetes...
- Genetics of autoimmune diabetes mellitusMarie Cerna
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Ruska 87, Prague, Czech Republic
Wien Med Wochenschr 158:2-12. 2008..Compared to fast progressing adult-onset T1DM, slowly progressing adult-onset type 1 diabetes (LADA) might involve genes leading to a slow progressive beta-cells destruction...
- Type 1 diabetes risk for human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-DR3 haplotypes depends on genotypic context: association of DPB1 and HLA class I loci among DR3- and DR4-matched Italian patients and controlsJanelle A Noble
Childrens Hospital Oakland Research Institute, Oakland, CA, USA
Hum Immunol 69:291-300. 2008..These data indicate that T1D risk conferred by the 8.1 haplotype is genotype dependent...
- Differential responses to Smith D autoantigen by mice with HLA-DR and HLA-DQ transgenes: dominant responses by HLA-DR3 transgenic mice with diversification of autoantibodies to small nuclear ribonucleoprotein, double-stranded DNA, and nuclear antigensChao Jiang
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Immunol 184:1085-91. 2010..In addition, our findings provide insights into the origin of the anti-dsDNA Abs often detected in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus...
- Synovitis-acne-pustulosis-hyperostosis-osteitis syndrome and psoriatic arthritis exhibit a different immunogenetic profileR Queiro
Rheumatology Department, Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Oviedo, Spain
Clin Exp Rheumatol 26:125-8. 2008..To date, there are no studies comparing the immunogenetic profile of these two conditions, so the main objective of the present report was to analyse whether or not both entities may share the same genetic basis...
- Antithyroid microsomal autoantibodies and HLA-DR5 are associated with postpartum thyroid dysfunction: evidence supporting an autoimmune pathogenesisM T Vargas
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 67:327-33. 1988..DQw1 was reciprocally decreased (P less than 0.025) in the women with goitrous autoimmune thyroiditis, but not in the women with postpartum painless thyroiditis with hyperthyroidism compared to that in normal controls.....
- Induction of arthritis in SCID mice by T cells specific for the "shared epitope" sequence in the G3 domain of human cartilage proteoglycanAnita Hanyecz
Rush University at Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Arthritis Rheum 48:2959-73. 2003....
- Rheumatoid arthritis, Proteus, anti-CCP antibodies and Karl PopperAlan Ebringer
King s College, Analytical Sciences Group, London SE1 9NN, UK
Autoimmun Rev 9:216-23. 2010..The ten Popper sequences establish that RA is most probably caused by Proteus upper urinary tract infections, which can possibly be treated with anti-Proteus therapy...
- Prevalence of diabetes mellitus in patients with end-stage liver cirrhosis due to hepatitis C, alcohol, or cholestatic diseaseN N Zein
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Hepatol 32:209-17. 2000....
- The HLA-DR phenotype modulates the humoral immune response to enterovirus antigensK Sadeharju
Department of Virology, Medical School, University of Tampere, PO Box 33014, Tampere, Finland
Diabetologia 46:1100-5. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate virus-host interaction by analysing the enterovirus antibody levels in subjects carrying different HLA-DR alleles associated with either increased or decreased risk of Type 1 diabetes...
- HLA class II distribution in Congolese with hyperthyroidism: preliminary resultsM Bidingija
Service d endocrinologie, Métabolisme et Médecine Nucléaire, Cliniques Universitaires de Kinshasa, Republique Democratique du Congo
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 67:596-603. 2006....
- Relationship between HLA-DR, HLA-DQ alleles and MEFV gene mutations in familial Mediterranean fever (FMF) patientsGulay Kinikli
Department of Clinical Immunology, School of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 16:143-6. 2005..Those observations have pointed the way for analysis of the HLA region in Mediterranean fever. We intended to compare HLA DR/DQ alleles with those major mutations in the MEFV gene in Mediterranean fever patients...
- [Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome]Peizeng Yang
Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510060, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 38:736-9. 2002..To investigate the clinical features, causes of blindness and diagnosis of Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada (VKH) syndrome...
- Immune response genes in uveitisLiping Du
Chongqing Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, PR China
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 17:249-56. 2009..Further developments in the unraveling of immune response genes may lead to a better understanding of human uveitis and will hopefully allow the development of novel treatment regimes...
- Human leucocyte antigen and TNFalpha polymorphism association in microscopic colitisRitva M Koskela
Department of Internal Medicine, Kanta Hame Central Hospital, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:276-82. 2008..We analysed the genetic background of MC by assessing the haplotypes of HLA-DR3-DQ2 and HLA-DR4-DQ8. In addition, TNFalpha gene polymorphism (-308) associated with susceptibility to several autoimmune diseases was studied...
- The Influence of the HLA-DRB1 rheumatoid arthritis shared epitope on the clinical characteristics and radiological outcome of psoriatic arthritisEleanor Korendowych
Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases and Bath Institute for Rheumatic Diseases, England
J Rheumatol 30:96-101. 2003..To investigate the associations of the HLA-DRB1 rheumatoid arthritis shared epitope (SE) with clinical characteristics and radiological outcome in patients with psoriatic arthritis (PsA)...
- [Rheumatoid arthritis among mapuche aborigines. A 16 years experience in the IX Region of the Chile]S Kaliski
Unidad de Reumatología y Departamento de Salud Pública y Medicina Interna, Facultad de Medicina Universidad de La Frontera, Temuco, Chile
Rev Med Chil 129:253-8. 2001..8% of Chilean population and in the IX region of the country, they account for 18.4% of population over 15 years old. They preserve some socio-cultural characteristics that make them different to the rest of the population...
- Redefining the HLA and RA association: to be or not to be anti-CCP positiveRene R P de Vries
Department of Immunohematology and Bloodtransfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, Building 1, E3 Q, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Autoimmun 25:21-5. 2005..Because recent evidence puts the immune response against citrunilated proteins (CCP) as prime suspect for disease induction and progression in this subgroup of RA these observations are a big leap forwards in solving the HLA-RA puzzle...
- A murine model of mixed connective tissue disease induced with U1 small nuclear RNP autoantigenEric L Greidinger
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, University of Miami, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:661-9. 2006..To test whether immunizing mice with autoantigens closely linked to mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD) could induce an MCTD-like clinical syndrome distinguishable from systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- [Polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis--first results of a year-long study]J Rovensky
Národný ústav reumatických chorôb, Piestany, Slovenska republika
Vnitr Lek 52:691-6. 2006..The aim of our study was to explore diagnostic and prognostic markers and, prospectively, establish diagnostic and therapeutic algorithm for patients with PMR and GCA...
- Evidence of a genetic basis for the different geographic occurrences of liver/kidney microsomal antibody type 1 in hepatitis CPaolo Muratori
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardioangiology, Hepatology, Policlinico Sant Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Dig Dis Sci 52:179-84. 2007..HLA DR11 may be protective against the development of microsomal antibodies in Italian patients, whereas HLA DR4, HLA DR13, and the B8-DR3-DQ2 haplotype may be protective in North American patients...
- [Fatal bleeding complications caused by Evans syndrome (autoimmune thrombocytopenia and hemolytic anemia) and type II autoimmune hepatitis in a 56-year-old patient]Gerhard Zugmaier
Abteilung Hämatologie Onkologie, Klinikum der Philipps Universität Marburg
Med Klin (Munich) 97:88-90. 2002....
- A major B cell epitope present on the apoptotic but not the intact form of the U1-70-kDa ribonucleoprotein autoantigenEric L Greidinger
Division of Rheumatology, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Immunol 172:709-16. 2004..Immunization of mice against this epitope induces an immune response with features seen in human anti-70k autoimmune disease...
- The effect of HLA-DR antigens on the susceptibility to, and clinical expression of psoriatic arthritisR Queiro-Silva
Rheumatology Unit, Internal Medicine Service, Hospital San Agustin, Aviles Asturias, Spain
Scand J Rheumatol 33:318-22. 2004..To analyse the relative role of HLA-DR antigens in the susceptibility to, and clinical expression of psoriatic arthritis (PsA)...
- HLA-DRB1*08 allele may help to distinguish between type 1 diabetes mellitus and type 2 diabetes mellitus in Mexican childrenAna L Rodríguez-Ventura
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Hospital Infantil de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
Pediatr Diabetes 8:5-10. 2007..The human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-DR genotype has been associated with T1DM and with T2DM only in adults and in determined cases...
- HLA-class 1 and class 2 antigens in Turkish patients with pemphigusAhu Birol
Department of Dermatology, Kýrýkkale University Faculty of Medicine, Kýrýkkale, Turkey
Int J Dermatol 41:79-83. 2002..Herein we investigated the antigen frequencies of HLA-A, B, C, HLA-DR and DQ in Turkish patients with pemphigus...
- T-cell epitopes in type 1 diabetes autoantigen tyrosine phosphatase IA-2: potential for mimicry with rotavirus and other environmental agentsM C Honeyman
Autoimmunity and Transplantation Division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Australia
Mol Med 4:231-9. 1998....
- Genetic risk markers related to diabetes-associated autoantibodies in young patients with type 1 diabetes in berlin, GermanyO Kordonouri
Diabetes Centre for Children and Adolescents, Children s Hospital Auf der Bult, Hannover, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 118:245-9. 2010..To determine the prevalence of genetic risk markers of type 1 diabetes (T1D) in children diagnosed at a single centre in Germany and to assess their relation to diabetes-associated autoantibodies...
- Processing and presentation of the islet autoantigen GAD by vascular endothelial cells promotes transmigration of autoreactive T-cellsJames E Greening
Department of Immunology, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, Rayne Institute, 123 Coldharbour Lane, London SE5 9NU, U K
Diabetes 52:717-25. 2003..These results support the hypothesis that presentation of autoantigens by islet endothelium in vivo could promote transmigration of circulating islet autoantigen-specific T-cells primed in regional lymph nodes against islet autoantigens...
- Human leukocyte antigens in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy patients in South IndiaUmapathy Shankarkumar
Department of Immunology, School of Biological Sciences, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, India
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 12:107-10. 2004..Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy may be associated with genes in the human leukocyte antigen region, and immunogenetic factors linked to human leukocyte antigens appear to play a major role in the pathogenesis...
- The wild-type sequence (wt) p53(25-35) peptide induces HLA-DR7 and HLA-DR11-restricted CD4+ Th cells capable of enhancing the ex vivo expansion and function of anti-wt p53(264-272) peptide CD8+ T cellsDaisuke Ito
Division of Basic Research, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Immunol 177:6795-803. 2006....
- Meta-analysis of HLA-DRB1 polymorphism in Latin American patients with rheumatoid arthritisAngelica M Delgado-Vega
Unidad de Biología Celular e Inmunogenética, Corporacion para Investigaciones Biologicas, Medellin, Colombia School of Medicine, Universidad del Rosario, Bogota, Colombia
Autoimmun Rev 6:402-8. 2007..To estimate the common effect size of HLA-DRB1 alleles on rheumatoid arthritis (RA) susceptibility across Latin America populations through a meta-analysis combining the results of published data...
- MHC class I and class II genes in Mexican patients with Chagas diseaseDavid Cruz-Robles
Department of Pathology, Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia Ignacio Chavez, Mexico DF, Mexico
Hum Immunol 65:60-5. 2004..HLA-DR4 and HLA-B39 could be associated directly with the infection by T. cruzi, whereas, HLA-DR16 could be marker of susceptibility to heart damage and HLA-A68 might confer protection to develop cardiomyopathy...
- Genetic anticipation in rheumatoid arthritis in Europe. European Consortium on Rheumatoid Arthritis FamiliesT R Radstake
Department of Rheumatology, University Medical Center St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Rheumatol 28:962-7. 2001..To investigate whether there is evidence for genetic anticipation in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in Europe...
- HLA-DRB1 genes and susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis in three ethnic groups from MalaysiaK F Kong
Department of Allied Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur 50603, Malaysia
Autoimmunity 35:235-9. 2002..Therefore, in the Malaysian population, RA is primarily associated with the QRRAA motif, and we suggest that genetic factors play a crucial role in the pathogenesis of RA, compared to environmental factors...
- [Toxic oil syndrome--an example of an exogenously-induced autoimmune disease]S Bell
W M Keck Autoimmune Disease Center, Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, Scripps Research Foundation, La Jolla, Kalifornien
Hautarzt 43:339-43. 1992..Understanding of the toxicological, immunological and genetic pathways leading to these diseases might give us some insight into the pathogenesis of spontaneously occurring autoimmune diseases, such as systemic scleroderma...
- Further evidence for an association of HLA-DR7 with basal cell carcinoma on the tropical island of SabaJ N Bavinck
Department of Dermatology, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Arch Dermatol 136:1019-22. 2000..This island was chosen because most of the white population has fair skin and excessive exposure to sunlight, which results in a high prevalence of skin cancer...
- Genotyping for HLA-A, B and C alleles in Japanese patients with pemphigus: prevalence of Asian alleles of the HLA-B15 familyS Miyagawa
Department of Dermatology, Nara Medical University, Kashihara City, Nara 634, Japan
Br J Dermatol 146:52-8. 2002..There have been only limited reports on major histocompatibility complex class I antigens in pemphigus...
- Cardiac autoantibodies to myosin and other heart-specific autoantigens in myocarditis and dilated cardiomyopathyA L Caforio
Division of Cardiology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Padua, Italy
Autoimmunity 34:199-204. 2001....
- Circulating cardiac autoantibodies in dilated cardiomyopathy and myocarditis: pathogenetic and clinical significanceAlida L P Caforio
Division of Cardiology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Padua, Policlinico Universitario, Centro V Gallucci, via N Giustiniani, 2, Italy
Eur J Heart Fail 4:411-7. 2002..Mid-term follow-up suggests that these antibodies are predictive markers of progression to DCM among symptom-free relatives with or without abnormal echocardiographic findings...
- Antibiotic-refractory Lyme arthritis is associated with HLA-DR molecules that bind a Borrelia burgdorferi peptideAllen C Steere
Center for Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Exp Med 203:961-71. 2006..4; P < 0.001). We conclude that binding of a single spirochetal peptide to certain DRB molecules is a marker for antibiotic-refractory Lyme arthritis and might play a role in the pathogenesis of the disease...
- HUMAN CARTILAGE GP39 IN HLA-DR4 TRANSGENIC MURINE MODELThomas Forsthuber; Fiscal Year: 2003..This essential information cannot be obtained by testing conventional mouse strains, nor through human studies, but it can readily be obtained through the use of humanized mice as proposed in this study. ..
- IMMUNOGENETICS OF COLLAGEN INDUCED ARTHRITIS IN MICEChella David; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings would shed light on the role of immune system in health and disease and may identify new therapeutic approaches for arthritis. ..
- Veena Taneja; Fiscal Year: 2014..The findings would shed light on the role of MHC, immune system in health and disease and may identify new therapeutic approaches for arthritis. ..
- Humanized Transgenic Mice Reproduce the Disease Evolution in Severe RAGrete Sonderstrup; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- GAMMA DELTA T CELLS IN LYME ARTHRITISRalph C Budd; Fiscal Year: 2011..Understanding these interactions will improve our understanding of how ?? T cell regulate the immune response during infection and autoimmune conditions. ..
- Govindarajan Rajagopalan; Fiscal Year: 2016..This will be investigated by a series of in vivo studies using transgenic mice expressing HLA-DR2, HLA-DR3, HLA-DR4, HLA-DQ2, HLA-DQ6 or HLA-DQ8 molecules. ..
- Durable CD4+ T-cell Tumor Immunity Following Gene-modified HPSCChristopher E Touloukian; Fiscal Year: 2013..We then propose experiments designed to better understand the therapeutic implications of this model, improve its overall effectiveness, and study its mechanisms-of-action. ..
- Elizabeth W Karlson; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- RA-Related Autoantibodies in Healthy FDR of RA PatientsJill M Norris; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Recognition of Self and Mutated Self by Autoimmune and Tumor-Specific TCRsSUZANNE LOUISE TOPALIAN; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Mark Larché; Fiscal Year: 2016..Additionally this Aim will assess the effects of peptide immunotherapy in the murine allergen challenge model ..
- HLA/KIR Region Genetics in Pediatric ArthritisDavid N Glass; Fiscal Year: 2010..Some of the patients will also have extensive gene expression studies allowing a comprehensive approach to the MHC and KIR genes in JRA and its subtypes. ..
- Scheherazade Sadegh-Nasseri; Fiscal Year: 2015..Hence, knowledge of the identity of immunodominant epitopes, and a clear understanding of how they are generated inside cells, can guide the design of effective immunotherapeutics. ..
- Solution structure and dynamics of TCR in free and peptide-MHC-bound statesJohn Orban; Fiscal Year: 2013..Collectively, these studies should resolve whether the TCR undergoes long-range changes in conformation and/or dynamics in solution that can serve as a mechanism for T cell triggering. ..
- Heat Shock Protein, Citrullinated Antigen and Dendritic Cell InteractionsFrances Santiago Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- GAD65 PEPTIDES BOUND TO IDDM-ASSOCIATED MHC PROTEINSJACK STROMINGER; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies may help both in understanding the dual roles of HLA-DR and HLA-DQ proteins in the genesis of this disease, and in defining peptides that might be useful in induction of tolerance in at-risk subjects. ..
- Identification of Measles Class II-Restricted PeptidesINNA OVSYANNIKOVA; Fiscal Year: 2003..The basis from which this proposal will build on is outlined in the background, significance, and preliminary data sections below. ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF PEMPHIGUS IN VIVOGrant Anhalt; Fiscal Year: 2002..This cannot occur in the absence of an active disease model, which we propose to develop by these studies. ..
- PEPTIDE EPITOPES PRESENTED IN AUTOIMMUNE DIABETESSamuel Wilson; Fiscal Year: 1999..The candidate plans to use this system as a generalized model for antigen processing and presentation. ..
- Tumor Induced Dysregulation of T Cell ImmunityJames H Finke; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also define the sequence of events leading to T cell death, including the role of iron and lysosomes in this process (aim 3) ..
- HLA GENES & HYBRID MOLECULES IN PAUCIARTICULAR JRABARBARA NEPOM; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- HLA-DR4 HETEROGENEITY-MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES-ANTIIDIOTYPESoldano Ferrone; Fiscal Year: 1990..The results of these studies will contribute to the characterization of the clinical significance of HLA-DR4 and DQw3 heterogeneity and may suggest novel approaches to treat diseases with autoimmune pathogenesis...
- HLA DR4 TRANSGENIC MICE/ARTHRITIS MODELGrete Sonderstrup; Fiscal Year: 2000..Such peptides could be used to develop a narrow antigen-specific tolerance by inducing anergy or Th1/Th2 skewing, which would be much better tolerated by patients than the often very toxic treatments for RA that we know of. ..
- Computational Prediction of MHC Class II EpitopesYang Dai; Fiscal Year: 2007..The computational prediction can provide a rapid method for the of pathogen molecules containing immunostimulatory sequences that can serve as targets for immune intervention or diagnostics. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dendritic Cell Strategies to Tumor Reactive T CellsWalter Storkus; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- AUTOIMMUNE PROGRESSIVE POLYARTHRITISTibor Glant; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies should generate fundamental information for the development of an in vivo system where PG-specific human TCRs will be expressed and tested in HLA+.Ab(0) transgenic BALB/c(SCID) or Rag2-deficient BALB/c mice. ..
- HLA-DR4-derived RTLs for Treating Rheumatoid ArthritisJianya Huan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific Aim 2: Evaluate the biological function of the RTLs in DBA1/J mice and humanized HLA-DR4 Transgenic mice ..
- HLA in Hispanic and African American autistic subjectsAnthony Torres; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies are health related in the sense that addition information about immune abnormalities may lead to new approaches for immune treatment of autism. ..
- NOVEL IMMUNOTHERAPEUTIC APPROACHES TO TREAT IDDMC Fathman; Fiscal Year: 1999..In concert, these projects form a synergistic program directed toward the development of innovative approaches to the treatment of IDDM. ..
- Treatment/Type 1 Diabetes/hGAD65 Altered Peptide LigandGerald Nepom; Fiscal Year: 2003..This team of basic and clinical scientists at VMRC holds joint weekly meetings and is well suited to expeditiously move from feasibility studies to development and clinical trials. ..
- Ig-Reactive T Cells in Rheumatoid ArthritisRussell Salter; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- MECHANISMS OF AUTOIMMUNE ARTHRITISEDWARD ROSLONIEC; Fiscal Year: 2001..These recombinant DR molecules will be tested for their ability to alter T-cell responses to hCII in vitro, and prevent the development of autoimmune arthritis in the DR transgenic mice. ..
- HIV li-Key/Peptide VaccineMinzhen Xu; Fiscal Year: 2002..This entirely synthetic vaccine can be manufactured in a large scale and be given to those at high risk of HIV infection. ..
- Role of T Cells in Experimental SpondyloarthropathyJOEL TAUROG; Fiscal Year: 2002..These experiments will examine directly the effect of Tap2a on the B27 peptide repertoire and on disease manifestations. ..
- Oxidative mutagenesis:Iron, Ascorbic Acid and GenesChristopher Bowlus; Fiscal Year: 2002..They will use a mouse model of HH that is prone to hepatocellular formation. ..
- LOCAL ANGIOTENSIN SYSTEM IN LUNG FIBROGENESISLisa Maier; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will help establish a role for the angiotensin system in granulomatous lung disease and the path to fibrogenesis. ..
- APOPTOSIS-MODIFIED SELF ANTIGEN IN RHEUMATIC DISEASEEric Greidinger; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the future, this work may lead to the development of specific immunotherapy strategies for the treatment of Ul-70kDa-associated rheumatic disorders. ..
- li Suppression-enhanced HIV DNA VaccineMinzhen Xu; Fiscal Year: 2003..In a Phase II program Ii-RGC/gp120 DNA vaccines will be tested in non-human primates for the induction of a protective immune response against pathogenic HIV infection. ..
- GENETICS OF AUTOIMMUNITYBRIAN KOTZIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Taken together, the investigator suggests that the results of the studies proposed in this application will provide new insight into the genes that allow for autoimmune disease in SLE and the intermediate phenotypes that they control. ..
- NOVEL THERAPEUTIC TARGETS IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISEUGENE ST CLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2003..St.Clair with outstanding clinical research opportunities and educational experiences for his trainees. ..
- Diagnosis and Pathogenesis of Early Lyme DiseaseAllen Steere; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, greater knowledge of spirochetal virulence and host factors associated with severe disease may allow the development of laboratory markers for patients who would benefit from more intensive treatment. ..
- New DHFR Deletion Polymorphism - A Risk Factor for SB?William Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Forms of foliate that are already reduced could be preferable as foliate supplements during pregnancy for prevention of SB. ..
- LYME ARTHRITIS: A NEW EPIDEMIC DISEASEAllen C Steere; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, this work brings us closer to the long-term goal of direct comparisons of antigens in Lyme arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis synovia. ..
- The genetic basis of type 1 diabetes autoimmunity in African AmericansJanelle Noble; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- BASIC AND CLINICAL RHEUMATOLOGYJOEL TAUROG; Fiscal Year: 2005..Simmons Arthritis Research Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. ..
- Shared Genetic Susceptibility in CBD and SarcoidosisLisa Maier; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HLA-DP SEQUENCE POLYMORPHISM AND DISEASE PREDISPOSITIONHenry Erlich; Fiscal Year: 2003..This method will be applied to HPV-infected cervical samples and an in vitro system with GAD peptide stimulation to study the HLA associations with cervical cancer and type 1 diabetes. ..
- HLA-B27 and Experimental SpondyloarthropathyJOEL TAUROG; Fiscal Year: 2009..Overall, the project should contribute substantially to resolving several important issues about the role of HLA-B27 and innate immunity in chronic inflammatory disease. ..
- Abatacept Vs TNF Blockade in Early Rheumatoid ArthritisEUGENE ST CLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed clinical trial will compare the remission-inducing capabilities of two novel therapies for early RA, and search for biomarkers that predict treatment response. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..