Summary: A sac or recess formed by a fold of the peritoneum.
- Matsuura S, Sasaki K, Kawasaki H, Abe H, Nagai H, Yoshimi F. Silk suture granuloma with false-positive findings on PET/CT accompanied by peritoneal metastasis after colon cancer surgery. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2016;28:22-25 pubmed publisher..Peritoneal metastasis was suspected and surgery was performed. White nodules were found in the Douglas pouch. A diagnosis of adenocarcinoma was confirmed by frozen section analysis of the nodules...
- Ziegler N, Korell M, Herrmann A, de Wilde M, Torres de la Roche L, Larbig A, et al. Uterine perforation following a fractional curettage successfully treated with the modified polysaccharide 4DryField® PH: a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2016;10:243 pubmed publisher..All her pelvic organs were free of adhesions, and there was one 0.5-mm calcified granuloma in the Douglas pouch. The efficient hemostasis combined with the adhesion prevention effect of 4DryField®, allowed a fast control ..
- López de la Torre M, Abrao H, Fernandes L, Kho R, Abrao M. Ten Principles for Safe Surgical Treatment of Ovarian Endometriosis. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2017;24:203-204 pubmed publisher..of endometriotic implants were noted in the posterior aspect of the left broad ligament, retrocervical region, Douglas pouch, and left round ligament...
- Brătilă E, Comandaşu D, Coroleucă C, Cîrstoiu M, Berceanu C, MehedinŢu C, et al. Diagnosis of endometriotic lesions by sonovaginography with ultrasound gel. Med Ultrason. 2016;18:469-474 pubmed publisher..SGV with ultrasound gel represents a useful investigation tool for the evaluation of endometriotic lesions in the posterior pelvic compartment. ..
- Mircea O, Puscasiu L, Resch B, Lucas J, Collinet P, von Theobald P, et al. Fertility Outcomes After Ablation Using Plasma Energy Versus Cystectomy in Infertile Women With Ovarian Endometrioma: A Multicentric Comparative Study. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2016;23:1138-1145 pubmed publisher..had significantly higher overall revised American Fertility Society (rAFS) score, and had higher rate of Douglas pouch obliteration, deep endometriosis, and colorectal localizations. After a mean follow-up of 35.3 ± 17...
- Nishimura K, Yoshimura K, Hoshino K, Hachisuga T. Laparoscopic fixation of the vaginal cuff to the uterosacral ligaments at the time of hysterectomy. Int Urogynecol J. 2017;28:321-323 pubmed publisher..Retroperitonealization was then performed using a continuous suture with closure of the Douglas pouch. Laparoscopic Shull's colpopexy for POP is a secure procedure with the advantages of laparoscopy (..
- Cesana M, Ferrari L, Passoni P, Polizzi S, Brunetti F, Milani R. Reproductive prognosis in women with endometriosis after conservative surgery: a single-center experience. Minerva Ginecol. 2017;69:322-327 pubmed publisher..05). Surgery improves the reproductive prognosis in infertile women with endometriosis. In the studied population DPO obliteration had a high prevalence and it influenced negatively the pregnancy outcome. ..
- Seror J, Roulot A, Guillot E, Rouzier R. Colpoplasty by laparoscopic modified Davydov's procedure. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;144:647-648 pubmed publisher..flaps, one anterior with the pre-vesical peritoneum and a second one posterior with the peritoneum of Douglas pouch. This surgery can be performed with no use of intestinal gesture, skin grafting, flap or any foreign material...
- Tidjane A, Tabeti B, Boudjenan Serradj N, Bensafir S, Ikhlef N, Benmaarouf N. Laparoscopic management of a drain site evisceration of the vermiform appendix, a case report. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2017;42:29-33 pubmed publisher..peritonitis, in whom an evisceration occured 48h after the removal of an intraperitoneal drain placed in the Douglas pouch, the physical examination predicated the presence of a herniated omentum fringe, as a precaution a ..