Summary: Non-consumption of ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES.
- Gilpin N, Koob G. Neurobiology of alcohol dependence: focus on motivational mechanisms. Alcohol Res Health. 2008;31:185-95 pubmed..Recent research focusing on brain arousal, reward, and stress systems is accelerating our understanding of the components of alcohol dependence and contributing to the development of new treatment strategies. ..
- Yokoyama A, Katada C, Yokoyama T, Yano T, Kaneko K, Oda I, et al. Alcohol abstinence and risk assessment for second esophageal cancer in Japanese men after mucosectomy for early esophageal cancer. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175182 pubmed publisher..Drinking cessation in the high-HRA-score drinker group reduced the rate of metachronous ESCC. ..
- Li W, Amet T, Xing Y, Yang D, Liangpunsakul S, Puri P, et al. Alcohol abstinence ameliorates the dysregulated immune profiles in patients with alcoholic hepatitis: A prospective observational study. Hepatology. 2017;66:575-590 pubmed publisher..the relationship between AH development and dysregulated immune responses that might be ameliorated by alcohol abstinence. Sixty-eight AH patients, 65 heavy drinking controls without liver disease (HDC), and 20 healthy controls ..
- Enggasser J, Hermos J, Rubin A, Lachowicz M, Rybin D, Brief D, et al. Drinking goal choice and outcomes in a Web-based alcohol intervention: results from VetChange. Addict Behav. 2015;42:63-8 pubmed..S. Veterans demonstrated improvements in drinking regardless of whether they chose an abstinence or moderation drinking goal, and whether the goal was maintained or changed over the course of the intervention. ..
- Seitz H, Mueller S. [Established therapies and new therapeutic strategies in alcoholic liver disease]. Z Gastroenterol. 2017;55:291-303 pubmed publisher..The treatment of ALD mainly consists of alcohol abstinence which may be difficult to achieve in the alcoholic...
- Mcqueen J, Ballinger C, Howe T. Factors associated with alcohol reduction in harmful and hazardous drinkers following alcohol brief intervention in Scotland: a qualitative enquiry. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:181 pubmed publisher..Trial registration number TRN NCT00982306 September 22nd 2009. ..
- Lintonen T, Nevalainen J. Has the role of personal income in alcohol drinking among teenagers changed between 1983 and 2013: a series of nationally representative surveys in Finland. BMJ Open. 2017;7:e013994 pubmed publisher..Disposable income has been a significant predictor of adolescent alcohol drinking in the past 30?years. However, in the recent years, the amount of disposable money has decreased in importance. ..
- Bowden J, Delfabbro P, Room R, Miller C, Wilson C. Prevalence, perceptions and predictors of alcohol consumption and abstinence among South Australian school students: a cross-sectional analysis. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:549 pubmed publisher..Consideration should be given to factors that serve to regulate under-aged accessibility of alcohol. ..
- Kobayashi M, Asai A, Ito I, Suzuki S, Higuchi K, Suzuki F. Short-Term Alcohol Abstinence Improves Antibacterial Defenses of Chronic Alcohol-Consuming Mice against Gut Bacteria-Associated Sepsis Caused by Enterococcus faecalis Oral Infection. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1998-2007 pubmed publisherThe effects of short-term alcohol abstinence on host antibacterial resistance against Enterococcus faecalis oral infection was investigated in chronic alcohol-consuming mice [mice with 0...