Genomes and Genes
selenium binding proteins
Summary: A group of proteins that covalently attach to selenium or SELENIUM-containing compounds.
- Kanazawa T, Glatt S, Faraone S, Hwu H, Yoneda H, Tsuang M. Family-based association study of SELENBP1 in schizophrenia. Schizophr Res. 2009;113:268-72 pubmed publisher..Further comprehensive analysis with other SNPs and haplotypes is needed and warranted. ..
- Zhang C, Wang Y, Zhang P, Liu F, Sung C, Steinhoff M, et al. Progressive loss of selenium-binding protein 1 expression correlates with increasing epithelial proliferation and papillary complexity in ovarian serous borderline tumor and low-grade serous carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2010;41:255-61 pubmed publisher
- Pohl N, Tong C, Fang W, Bi X, Li T, Yang W. Transcriptional regulation and biological functions of selenium-binding protein 1 in colorectal cancer in vitro and in nude mouse xenografts. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7774 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that SBP1 has tumor suppressor functions that are inhibited in colorectal cancer through epigenetic silencing. ..
- Fang W, Goldberg M, Pohl N, Bi X, Tong C, Xiong B, et al. Functional and physical interaction between the selenium-binding protein 1 (SBP1) and the glutathione peroxidase 1 selenoprotein. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:1360-6 pubmed publisher..The results presented establish an interaction between two distinct selenium-containing proteins that may enhance the understanding of the mechanisms by which selenium and selenoproteins affect carcinogenesis in humans. ..
- Chen X, Ma X, Ma S, Coenraads P, Zhang C, Liu J, et al. Proteomic analysis of the rat ovary following chronic low-dose exposure to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD). J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2009;72:717-26 pubmed publisher..Data provide further insight into the mechanisms by which TCDD disrupts ovarian function by indicating which differential protein expressions following low-dose TCDD exposure. ..
- Budiman M, Bubenik J, Miniard A, Middleton L, Gerber C, Cash A, et al. Eukaryotic initiation factor 4a3 is a selenium-regulated RNA-binding protein that selectively inhibits selenocysteine incorporation. Mol Cell. 2009;35:479-89 pubmed publisher..Our results support a model in which eIF4a3 links selenium status with differential selenoprotein expression. ..
- Wu C, Zhang W, Mai K, Liang X, Xu W, Wang J, et al. Molecular cloning, characterization and mRNA expression of selenium-binding protein in abalone (Haliotis discus hannai Ino): Response to dietary selenium, iron and zinc. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:117-25 pubmed publisher..Deficient or excessive level of dietary selenium, iron or zinc, respectively, leaded to significant depression of HdhSEBP mRNA. It is concluded that the expression levels of HdhSEBP are affected by dietary selenium, iron or zinc. ..
- Silvers A, Lin L, Bass A, Chen G, Wang Z, Thomas D, et al. Decreased selenium-binding protein 1 in esophageal adenocarcinoma results from posttranscriptional and epigenetic regulation and affects chemosensitivity. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:2009-21 pubmed publisher..SELENBP1 expression may be an important predictor of response to chemoprevention or chemosensitization with certain forms of selenium in esophageal tissues. AACR. ..
- Amar S, Ovadia O, Maier W, Ebstein R, Belmaker R, Mishmar D, et al. Copy number variation of the SELENBP1 gene in schizophrenia. Behav Brain Funct. 2010;6:40 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence for recurrence of decreased CN of the SELENBP1 locus in three unrelated patients' cohorts but not in controls, raising the possibility of functional involvement of these mutations in the etiology of the disease. ..