Genomes and Genes
transcription factor brn 3b
Summary: A POU domain factor that represses GENETIC TRANSCRIPTION of GENES encoding NEUROFILAMENT PROTEINS, alpha internexin, and SYNAPTOSOMAL-ASSOCIATED PROTEIN 25.
- Qiu F, Jiang H, Xiang M. A comprehensive negative regulatory program controlled by Brn3b to ensure ganglion cell specification from multipotential retinal precursors. J Neurosci. 2008;28:3392-403 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Brn3b specifies the RGC fate from multipotential precursors not only by promoting RGC differentiation but also by suppressing non-RGC differentiation programs as a safeguard mechanism. ..
- Pan L, Yang Z, Feng L, Gan L. Functional equivalence of Brn3 POU-domain transcription factors in mouse retinal neurogenesis. Development. 2005;132:703-12 pubmed..These results indicate that Brn3 factors are functionally equal and that their unique roles in neurogenesis are determined by the distinctive Brn3 spatiotemporal expression patterns. ..
- Pan L, Deng M, Xie X, Gan L. ISL1 and BRN3B co-regulate the differentiation of murine retinal ganglion cells. Development. 2008;135:1981-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results uncover a novel regulatory mechanism of BRN3B and ISL1 in RGC differentiation. ..
- Badea T, Cahill H, Ecker J, Hattar S, Nathans J. Distinct roles of transcription factors brn3a and brn3b in controlling the development, morphology, and function of retinal ganglion cells. Neuron. 2009;61:852-64 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal distinct roles for Brn3a and Brn3b in programming RGC diversity, and they illustrate the broad utility of germline methods for genetically manipulating and visualizing individual identified mammalian neurons. ..
- Fu X, Kiyama T, Li R, Russell M, Klein W, Mu X. Epitope-tagging Math5 and Pou4f2: new tools to study retinal ganglion cell development in the mouse. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2309-17 pubmed publisher..The epitope-tagged alleles provide new and useful tools for analyzing gene regulatory networks underlying RGC development. ..
- Riesenberg A, Liu Z, Kopan R, Brown N. Rbpj cell autonomous regulation of retinal ganglion cell and cone photoreceptor fates in the mouse retina. J Neurosci. 2009;29:12865-77 pubmed publisher..2006b; Yaron et al., 2006), Notch3, and Hes1 mutants. We found particular combinations of Notch pathway genes regulate the development of each retinal cell type. ..
- Mao C, Tsai W, Cho J, Pan P, Barton M, Klein W. Neuronal transcriptional repressor REST suppresses an Atoh7-independent program for initiating retinal ganglion cell development. Dev Biol. 2011;349:90-9 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate an Atoh7-independent program for initial activation of RGC genes and suggest a novel role for REST in preventing premature expression in RPCs. ..