Genomes and Genes
Summary: Mad2 is a component of the spindle-assembly checkpoint apparatus. It binds to and inhibits the Cdc20 activator subunit of the anaphase-promoting complex, preventing the onset of anaphase until all chromosomes are properly aligned at the metaphase plate. Mad2 is required for proper microtubule capture at KINETOCHORES.
- Tao Y, Yang G, Yang H, Song D, Hu L, Xie B, et al. TRIP13 impairs mitotic checkpoint surveillance and is associated with poor prognosis in multiple myeloma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:26718-26731 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate that TRIP13 may serve as a biomarker for MM disease development and prognosis, making it a potential target for future therapies. ..
- Bhat A, Qin Z, Wang G, Chen W, Xiao W. Rev7, the regulatory subunit of PolÎ¶, undergoes UV-induced and Cul4-dependent degradation. FEBS J. 2017;284:1790-1803 pubmed publisher..These data and the observation that cells deficient in Rev7 are sensitized to UV irradiation while excessive Rev7 protects cells from UV-induced DNA damage provide a new insight into the potential interplay between TLS and NER. ..
- Faisal I, Kauppi L. Reduced MAD2 levels dampen the apoptotic response to non-exchange sex chromosomes and lead to sperm aneuploidy. Development. 2017;144:1988-1996 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that SAC protein levels are crucial for the efficient elimination of aberrant spermatocytes. ..
- Byrnes A, Slep K. TOG-tubulin binding specificity promotes microtubule dynamics and mitotic spindle formation. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1641-1657 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a TOG5-specific role in mitotic fidelity and support our hypothesis that architecturally distinct TOGs arranged in a sequence-specific order underlie TOG array microtubule regulator activity. ..
- Ye Q, Kim D, Dereli I, Rosenberg S, Hagemann G, Herzog F, et al. The AAA+ ATPase TRIP13 remodels HORMA domains through N-terminal engagement and unfolding. EMBO J. 2017;36:2419-2434 pubmed publisher..Similar truncation of HORMAD1 in mouse spermatocytes compromises its TRIP13-mediated removal from meiotic chromosomes, highlighting a conserved mechanism for recognition and disassembly of HORMA domain-closure motif complexes by TRIP13. ..
- Sisinni L, Maddalena F, Condelli V, Pannone G, Simeon V, Li Bergolis V, et al. TRAP1 controls cell cycle G2-M transition through the regulation of CDK1 and MAD2 expression/ubiquitination. J Pathol. 2017;243:123-134 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2017 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Sun M, Tong P, Kong W, Dong B, Huang Y, Park I, et al. HNF1B Loss Exacerbates the Development of Chromophobe Renal Cell Carcinomas. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5313-5326 pubmed publisher..We propose that coordinate loss of HNF1B and TP53 may enhance cellular survival and confer an aggressive phenotype in ChRCC. Cancer Res; 77(19); 5313-26. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Hara K, Taharazako S, Ikeda M, Fujita H, Mikami Y, Kikuchi S, et al. Dynamic feature of mitotic arrest deficient 2-like protein 2 (MAD2L2) and structural basis for its interaction with chromosome alignment-maintaining phosphoprotein (CAMP). J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17658-17667 pubmed publisher..This work is the first structural study of MAD2L2 aside from its role in TLS and might pave the way to clarify MAD2L2's function in mitosis. ..
- Gulluni F, Martini M, De Santis M, Campa C, Ghigo A, Margaria J, et al. Mitotic Spindle Assembly and Genomic Stability in Breast Cancer Require PI3K-C2? Scaffolding Function. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:444-459.e7 pubmed publisher..As a consequence of altered spindle, loss of PI3K-C2? increases sensitivity to taxane-based therapy in pre-clinical models and in neoadjuvant settings...