- Influence of template primary and secondary structure on the rate and fidelity of DNA synthesisG G Hillebrand
J Biol Chem 260:3116-25. 1985..Electrophoretic assays of the fidelity of DNA synthesis suggested that an increased tendency toward misincorporational "hotspots" occurred when elongation required concomitant strand displacement...
- Single-stranded phage replication: positive- and negative-strand DNA synthesisJ Sims
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 43:349-65. 1979
- Gene K, a new overlapping gene in bacteriophage G4D C Shaw
Nature 272:510-5. 1978
- Nucleotide sequence of the J gene and surrounding untranslated regions of phage G4 DNA: comparison with phage phiX174J C Fiddes
Cell 15:1045-53. 1978..The G4 overlapping gene E is longer than in phiX174 and extends beyond gene D. Sixteen nucleotides at the end of genes D and E in phiX174 are duplicated in G4 before gene J...
- Nucleotide sequence of bacteriophage G4 DNAG N Godson
Nature 276:236-47. 1978....
- Primase from Escherichia coli primes single-stranded templates in the absence of single-stranded DNA-binding protein or other auxiliary proteins. Template sequence requirements based on the bacteriophage G4 complementary strand origin and Okazaki fragmentJ R Swart
Department of Chemistry, University of Nebraska, Lincoln 68588 0304
J Biol Chem 268:12970-6. 1993..We also report primase's ability to incorporate dideoxyribonucleotide triphosphates into primers, which has allowed us to determine directly both length and sequence of primers synthesized...