Genomes and Genes
Dengue virus 1
Alias: Dengue virus type 1, dengue type 1 D1 virus, dengue virus type 1 DEN1, dengue virus type I, dengue virus-1 DEN-1, type 1 dengue virus DEN-1, Type 1 dengue virus
Publications144 found, 100 shown here
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay specific to Dengue virus type 1 nonstructural protein NS1 reveals circulation of the antigen in the blood during the acute phase of disease in patients experiencing primary or secondary infectionsSophie Alcon
Unité des Arbovirus et Virus des Fièvres Hémorragiques, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Clin Microbiol 40:376-81. 2002..With purified dengue virus type 1 NS1 as a protein standard, the sensitivity of our capture ELISA was less than 1 ng/ml...
- A structural perspective of the flavivirus life cycleSuchetana Mukhopadhyay
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, 915 West State Street, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 2054, USA
Nat Rev Microbiol 3:13-22. 2005..This review focuses mainly on structural studies of dengue virus...
- Dengue virus type 1 nonstructural glycoprotein NS1 is secreted from mammalian cells as a soluble hexamer in a glycosylation-dependent fashionM Flamand
Unité des Arbovirus et Virus des Fièvres Hémorragiques, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, 91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
J Virol 73:6104-10. 1999Nonstructural glycoprotein NS1, specified by dengue virus type 1 (Den-1), is secreted from infected green monkey kidney (Vero) cells in a major soluble form characterized by biochemical and biophysical means as a unique hexameric species...
- Sustained transmission of dengue virus type 1 in the Pacific due to repeated introductions of different Asian strainsAtchareeya A-Nuegoonpipat
National Institute of Health, Department of Medical Science, Bangkok, Thailand
Virology 329:505-12. 2004Outbreaks of dengue due to dengue virus type 1 (DENV-1) occurred almost simultaneously in 2001 in Myanmar and at multiple sites almost 10,000 km away in the Pacific...
- Crystal structure of dengue virus type 1 envelope protein in the postfusion conformation and its implications for membrane fusionVinod Nayak
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, The Bass Center for Structural Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Virol 83:4338-44. 2009..We have determined the crystal structure of a soluble fragment E (sE) of dengue virus type 1 (DEN-1)...
- Differences between cell membrane fusion activities of two dengue type-1 isolates reflect modifications of viral structureP Despres
Unité des Arbovirus et Virus des Fièvres Hémorragiques, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Virology 196:209-19. 1993..Changes at positions 96, 297, and 379 map within two overlapping antigenic domains of protein E. These limited amino acid differences in the E protein could affect the biological properties and the antigenicity of the DEN virion...
- Dengue virus infectivity depends on envelope protein binding to target cell heparan sulfateY Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Nat Med 3:866-71. 1997..Similar motifs were also identified in the envelope proteins of other flaviviridae. Developing pharmaceuticals that inhibit target cell binding may be an effective strategy for treating flavivirus infections...
- Monoclonal antibody mapping of the envelope glycoprotein of the dengue 2 virus, JamaicaJ T Roehrig
Arbovirus Diseases Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, Colorado 80522, USA
Virology 246:317-28. 1998..Domains A and B were spatially associated. As with tick-borne encephalitis virus, determination of domain C was more problematic; however, at least four epitopes had biochemical characteristics consistent with C-domain epitopes...
- Recombinant dengue virus type 1 NS3 protein exhibits specific viral RNA binding and NTPase activity regulated by the NS5 proteinT Cui
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Virology 246:409-17. 1998..These data suggest that the NTPase activity of the NS3 protein may be regulated by the viral NS5 protein during virus replication...
- Analysis of the steps involved in Dengue virus entry into host cellsS L Hung
Institute of Oral Biology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Virology 257:156-67. 1999..This suggests that cell surface heparan sulfate functions in both viral attachment and penetration of DEN-2 virus. In conclusion, our results further elucidated some aspects of the dengue virus entry process...
- Determinants in the envelope E protein and viral RNA helicase NS3 that influence the induction of apoptosis in response to infection with dengue type 1 virusC N Duarte dos Santos
Departmento de Bioquimica e Biologia Molecular, Laboratorio de Expressao e Regulaçao Genica, Rio de Janeiro, R J, Brazil
Virology 274:292-308. 2000..Our data suggest that identified amino acid substitutions in the envelope E protein and viral RNA helicase NS3 may influence DEN-1 virus pathogenicity by altering viral growth...
- Antibodies against prM protein distinguish between previous infection with dengue and Japanese encephalitis virusesMary Jane Cardosa
Institute of Health and Community Medicine, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, 94300 Kota Samarahan, Sarawak, Malaysia
BMC Microbiol 2:9. 2002....
- DC-SIGN (CD209) mediates dengue virus infection of human dendritic cellsBoonrat Tassaneetrithep
Division of Retrovirology, Walter Reed Army Institite of Research and Henry M Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine Diseases, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
J Exp Med 197:823-9. 2003..Viruses produced by dendritic cells are infectious for DC-SIGN- and L-SIGN-bearing THP-1 cells and other permissive cell lines. Therefore, DC-SIGN may be considered as a new target for designing therapies that block dengue infection...
- Visualization of membrane protein domains by cryo-electron microscopy of dengue virusWei Zhang
Department of Biological Sciences, Lilly Hall, 915 W State Street, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Nat Struct Biol 10:907-12. 2003..This is one of only a few determinations of the disposition of transmembrane proteins in situ and shows that the nucleocapsid core and envelope proteins do not have a direct interaction in the mature virus...
- Serotype-specific entry of dengue virus into liver cells: identification of the 37-kilodalton/67-kilodalton high-affinity laminin receptor as a dengue virus serotype 1 receptorChutima Thepparit
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Mahidol University, 25 25 Phuttamontol Sai 4, Salaya, Nakorn Pathom, Thailand 73170
J Virol 78:12647-56. 2004..No inhibition of virus entry was seen with dengue virus serotypes 2, 3, or 4, demonstrating that the 37/67-kDa high-affinity laminin receptor is a serotype-specific receptor for dengue virus entry into liver cells...
- Secretion of noninfectious dengue virus-like particles and identification of amino acids in the stem region involved in intracellular retention of envelope proteinDavid E Purdy
Arbovirus Diseases Branch, Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Public Health Service, PO Box 2087, Fort Collins, CO 80522, USA
Virology 333:239-50. 2005....
- Dengue virus NS4B interacts with NS3 and dissociates it from single-stranded RNAIndira Umareddy
Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases, 10 Biopolis Road, 05 01 Chromos Building, Singapore
J Gen Virol 87:2605-14. 2006..These results suggest that NS4B modulates dengue virus replication via its interaction with NS3...
- Identification of dengue virus in respiratory specimens from a patient who had recently traveled from a region where dengue virus infection is endemicNorma P Tavakoli
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:1523-7. 2007..in addition to real-time RT-PCR of serum samples and nasal and throat swabs from the patient, confirmed dengue virus 1 (DEN-1) infection...
- Flow cytometry compared with indirect immunofluorescence for rapid detection of dengue virus type 1 after amplification in tissue cultureC L Kao
School and Graduate Institute of Medical Technology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Republic of China
J Clin Microbiol 39:3672-7. 2001....
- Vaccine candidates for dengue virus type 1 (DEN1) generated by replacement of the structural genes of rDEN4 and rDEN4Delta30 with those of DEN1Joseph E Blaney
Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Virol J 4:23. 2007....
- Antibody-dependent enhancement of dengue virus infection in vitro by undiluted sera from monkeys infected with heterotypic dengue virusMikako Ito
Department of Virology 1, National Institute of Infectious Disease, Shinjyuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Arch Virol 155:1617-24. 2010Two monkeys (Macaca fascicularis) each were infected with dengue virus type 1 (DENV-1) and type 2 (DENV-2). High levels of neutralizing antibody to homotypic serotype were detected from day 10 to week 58 after infection...
- Homology of complete genome sequences for dengue virus type-1, from dengue-fever- and dengue-haemorrhagic-fever-associated epidemics in Hawaii and French PolynesiaA Imrie
Asia Pacific Institute of Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Department of Tropical Medicine, J A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 104:225-35. 2010..Further studies, to compare DF- and DHF-associated strains of DENV-1 isolated from epidemics of variable virulence, in the same eco-biological context, are needed...
- [Analysis on clinical and epidemiological characteristics of 1032 patients with Dengue fever in Guangzhou]Fu Chun Zhang
Guangzhou Number 8 People s Hospital, Guangzhou 510060, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 26:421-3. 2005..To analyze the clinical and epidemiological characteristics of Dengue fever (DF) during the Dengue-1 epidemic in Guangzhou...
- Secretion of flaviviral non-structural protein NS1: from diagnosis to pathogenesisS Alcon-LePoder
Institut Pasteur, Virology Department, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75015 Paris, France
Novartis Found Symp 277:233-47; discussion 247-53. 2006..the NS1 protein circulates during the acute phase of the disease in the plasma of patients infected with dengue virus type 1 and have extended our retrospective studies to dengue type 2 and type 3 cohorts, confirming the value of ..
- Complete genome sequencing of dengue virus type 1 isolated in Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPaola R Barrero
Laboratorio de Virologia, Hospital de Niños Dr Ricardo Gutierrez, Gallo 1330, 1425 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Virus Res 101:135-45. 2004..In Buenos Aires City, only dengue virus serotype 1 imported from Paraguay has been detected, though without evidence of local transmission...
- Comparative analysis of American Dengue virus type 1 full-genome sequencesS E S Carvalho
Program of Molecular Pathology and Department of Cell Biology, Electron Microscopy and Virology Laboratory, Universidade de Brasilia, Brasilia, Brasil
Virus Genes 40:60-6. 2010....
- Construction of an infectious cDNA clone for a Brazilian prototype strain of dengue virus type 1: characterization of a temperature-sensitive mutation in NS1Ryosuke Suzuki
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 3 206B Mary Moody Northen Pavilion, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 0436, USA
Virology 362:374-83. 2007....
- [Analysis of the E gene sequences of three dengue virus type 1 isolates in Guangdong province]Xiao dong Tian
Department of Microbiology, Institute of Military Medicine of Guangzhou Command, Guangzhou 510507, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 25:54-7. 2005To trace the infection sources of three dengue virus type 1 isolates found in Guangdong province, namely GD05/99, GD14/97 and GD23/95.
- Needle-free Biojector injection of a dengue virus type 1 DNA vaccine with human immunostimulatory sequences and the GM-CSF gene increases immunogenicity and protection from virus challenge in Aotus monkeysKanakatte Raviprakash
Viral Diseases Department, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Virology 315:345-52. 2003..This is a significant improvement compared to our previous study in which one of three monkeys (33%) receiving just the DIME vaccine was completely protected from viremia at 6 months after immunization...
- Molecular analysis of the dengue virus type 1 and 2 in Brazil based on sequences of the genomic envelope-nonstructural protein 1 junction regionCecília Luiza S Santos
Serviço de Virologia, Instituto Adolfo Lutz, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 46:145-52. 2004..While the network for DEN-2 also shows ambiguities among DEN-2 sequences, it suggests that Brazilian sequences may belong to distinct subtypes of genotype III...
- Induction of bivalent immune responses by expression of dengue virus type 1 and type 2 antigens from a single complex adenoviral vectorNicholas U Raja
Division of Biodefense Vaccines, GenPhar Incorporated, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina 29464, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 76:743-51. 2007..Expansion of this vaccine development platform towards the DEN3 and DEN4 serotypes can lead towards the development of an adenovirus-based tetravalent dengue vaccine...
- Transcriptional activation of interferon-stimulated genes but not of cytokine genes after primary infection of rhesus macaques with dengue virus type 1Carlos A Sariol
Unit of Comparative Medicine, Primate Research Center, University of Puerto Rico Medical Sciences Campus, San Juan, PR 00936 5067
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:756-66. 2007..Transcription of the genes of interleukin-10 (IL-10), IL-8, IL-6, and tumor necrosis factor alpha was neither up-regulated nor down-regulated. Results were confirmed by real-time PCR and by multiplex cytokine detection in serum samples...
- Molecular characterization of the E gene of dengue virus type 1 isolated in Guangdong province, China, in 2006K Zheng
Center for Diseases Control and Prevention of Guangdong province, Guangzhou, PR China
Epidemiol Infect 137:73-8. 2009..In contrast, one isolate from Guangzhou city in 2006, may have been introduced by a recently imported case from Cambodia...
- The development of therapeutic antibodies that neutralize homologous and heterologous genotypes of dengue virus type 1Bimmi Shrestha
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 6:e1000823. 2010..Overall, our experiments define a complex structural epitope on DIII of DENV-1 that can be recognized by protective antibodies with therapeutic potential...
- Dengue epidemic in the State of Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil, in 1997R V Cunha
Disciplina de Doencas Infecciosas e Parasitarias, Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 93:247-9. 1999..The co-circulation of dengue virus type 1 and dengue virus type 2 was demonstrated by virus isolation in Aedes albopictus clone C6/36 cell-line and ..
- Confirmation of dengue virus infection by detection of dengue virus type 1 genome in urine and saliva but not in plasmaY Mizuno
Disease Control and Prevention Centre, International Medical Centre of Japan, 1 21 1, Toyama, Shinjuku, Tokyo 162 8655, Japan
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 101:738-9. 2007..The results of the present study suggest that detection of DENV genome in urine and saliva can be an effective diagnostic method, particularly for children with viral hemorrhage...
- Dengue virus cross-reactive hemagglutination inhibition antibody responses in patients with primary dengue virus infectionSurapee Anantapreecha
National Institute of Health, Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health, Nonthaburi, Thailand
Jpn J Infect Dis 60:267-70. 2007..convalescent plasma samples were obtained from 101 confirmed primary dengue cases: 48 cases infected with dengue virus type 1, 10 cases with type 2, 42 cases with type 3 and one case with type 4...
- Multiple recombinant dengue type 1 viruses in an isolate from a dengue patientJohn Aaskov
Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
J Gen Virol 88:3334-40. 2007Between 2000 and 2004, dengue virus type 1 (DENV-1) genotypes I and II from Asia were introduced into the Pacific region and co-circulated in some localities...
- Rapid displacement of dengue virus type 1 by type 4, Pacific region, 2007-2009Dong Sheng Li
Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland 4059, Australia
Emerg Infect Dis 16:123-5. 2010Since 2000-2001, dengue virus type 1 has circulated in the Pacific region. However, in 2007, type 4 reemerged and has almost completely displaced the strains of type 1...
- Isolation of ancestral sylvatic dengue virus type 1, MalaysiaBoon Teong Teoh
University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Emerg Infect Dis 16:1783-5. 2010Ancestral sylvatic dengue virus type 1, which was isolated from a monkey in 1972, was isolated from a patient with dengue fever in Malaysia. The virus is neutralized by serum of patients with endemic DENV-1 infection...
- Dengue infection in Paracambi, State of Rio de Janeiro, 1990-1995R V da Cunha
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 30:379-83. 1997..Distribution by age showed the increasing of antibody positivity in older children. Strains of dengue virus type 1 and dengue virus type 2 were isolated before (1990) showing the co-circulation of both serotypes in that ..
- [Clinical characteristics of the patients with dengue fever seen from 2002 to 2006 in Guangzhou]Ruo su Ying
Guangzhou No 8 People s Hospital, Guangzhou 510060, China
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 21:123-5. 2007..To study the clinical characteristics of the patients with dengue fever (DF) seen from 2002 to 2006 in Guangzhou in order to prevent and treat dengue fever better...
- [Secreted expression of dengue virus type I envelope glycoprotein in 293T cells]Fang Miao
National Institute for Viral Disease Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, State Key Laboratory for Molecular Virology and Genetic Engineering, Beijing 100052, China
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 23:415-7. 2009To expression prM/E gene of dengue virus type I in mammalia cells.
- Dengue-1 virus envelope glycoprotein gene expressed in recombinant baculovirus elicits virus-neutralizing antibody in mice and protects them from virus challengeR Putnak
Department of Virus Diseases, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Washington, DC
Am J Trop Med Hyg 45:159-67. 1991..A dose/response effect was observed, with increasing amounts of recombinant antigen leading to increased survival. These results demonstrate the utility of baculovirus for producing immunogens against DEN-1 virus...
- Immunoaffinity purification of native dimer forms of the flavivirus non-structural glycoprotein, NS1A K Falconar
Sir Albert Sakzewski Virus Research Laboratory, Royal Children s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
J Virol Methods 30:323-32. 1990..In moderately sized virus growth experiments, greater than 1 mg quantities of purified NS1 were obtained...
- Immunolocalization of the dengue virus nonstructural glycoprotein NS1 suggests a role in viral RNA replicationJ M MacKenzie
Sir Albert Sakzewski Virus Research Centre, Royal Children s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Virology 220:232-40. 1996..These findings provide further insights into the maturation pathway of NS1 and suggest a possible role for this protein in viral RNA replication...
- The RNA-dependent RNA polymerases of different members of the family Flaviviridae exhibit similar properties in vitroS Steffens
Institut für Virologie FB Veterinärmedizin, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Germany
J Gen Virol 80:2583-90. 1999..Taken together, the RdRps of different members of the Flaviviridae were demonstrated to exhibit a common reactivity profile in vitro, typical of nucleic acid-polymerizing enzymes...
- Dengue virus type 1 DNA vaccine induces protective immune responses in rhesus macaquesK Raviprakash
Virology Program, Infectious Diseases Department, Naval Medical Research Center, 503 Robert Grant Avenue, Rm 3N71, Silver Spring, MD 20910 7500, USA
J Gen Virol 81:1659-67. 2000A candidate DNA vaccine expressing dengue virus type 1 pre-membrane and envelope proteins was used to immunize rhesus macaques. Monkeys were immunized intramuscularly (i.m.) or intradermally (i.d...
- Synergistic neutralizing antibody response to a dengue virus type 2 DNA vaccine by incorporation of lysosome-associated membrane protein sequences and use of plasmid expressing GM-CSFK Raviprakash
Virology Program, Infectious Diseases Directorate, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910, USA
Virology 290:74-82. 2001We have previously shown that a dengue virus type 1 DNA vaccine expressing premembrane (prM) and envelope (E) genes was immunogenic in mice and monkeys and that rhesus monkeys vaccinated with this construct were completely to partially ..
- The non-structural protein 4A of dengue virus is an integral membrane protein inducing membrane alterations in a 2K-regulated mannerSven Miller
Department of Molecular Virology, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 282:8873-82. 2007..These results shed new light on the role of NS4A in the DV replication cycle and provide a model of how this protein induces membrane rearrangements and how this property may be regulated...
- Characterization of the dengue virus envelope glycoprotein expressed in Pichia pastorisBoon Huan Tan
Virology Group Defence Medical and Environmental Research Institute, DSO National Laboratories, Singapore
Methods Mol Biol 379:163-76. 2007The full-length and truncated forms of recombinant envelope (E) glycoprotein from Dengue virus type 1, Singapore strain S275/90 were expressed in the yeast, Pichia pastoris, using a secretory vector...
- Computational prediction and identification of dengue virus-specific CD4(+) T-cell epitopesJin Sheng Wen
Department of Microbiology, Zhongshan Medical College, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, People s Republic of China
Virus Res 132:42-8. 2008..which can induce PBMC (peripheral blood mononuclear cells) isolated from DF convalescent patients (dengue virus type 1 infection) to secrete IFN-gamma...
- Characterization of Asn130-to-Ala mutant of dengue type 1 virus NS1 proteinShigeru Tajima
Laboratory of Vector Borne Viruses, Department of Virology 1, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1 23 1 Toyama, Shinjuku, Tokyo 162 8640, Japan
Virus Genes 36:323-9. 2008..Our results suggest that Asn130 of the DENV-1 NS1 is important for viral replication in both mammalian and mosquito cells...
- Kinetics of plasma viremia and soluble nonstructural protein 1 concentrations in dengue: differential effects according to serotype and immune statusHuynh T L Duyen
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, UK
J Infect Dis 203:1292-300. 2011..All children recovered fully, and only 5 required hospitalization. Among those with dengue virus type 1 (DENV-1), plasma viremia was significantly greater in primary (49) than secondary (44) infections and took ..
- The dengue virus nonstructural protein 1 (NS1) increases NF-κB transcriptional activity in HepG2 cellsBreno M Silva
Grupo de Transdução de Sinal, Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, 31270 901, Brazil
Arch Virol 156:1275-9. 2011..Luciferase assays showed an increase in NF-κB transcriptional activities in NS1-expressing cells when compared to parental cells. NS1 may enhance NF-κB function in host cells and contribute to the pathogenesis of dengue...
- Interaction and inhibition of dengue envelope glycoprotein with mammalian receptor DC-sign, an in-silico approachMasaud Shah
Bioinformatics Research Laboratory, National Center of Excellence in Molecular Biology CEMB, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
PLoS ONE 8:e59211. 2013....
- Dengue-1 envelope protein domain III produced in Pichia pastoris: potential use for serological diagnosisSilvia A Cardoso
Laboratory of Molecular Immunovirology, Department of General Biology, Federal University of Vicosa, Vicosa MG, Brazil
Protein Expr Purif 92:9-13. 2013..In this work, we have demonstrated the expression of dengue virus type 1 envelope domain III protein (EDIII-D1) in methylotrophic yeast, Pichia pastoris GS115...
- Phylogeography and molecular epidemiology of an epidemic strain of dengue virus type 1 in Sri LankaKaren E Ocwieja
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Genetech Research Institute, Colombo, Sri Lanka North Colombo Teaching Hospital, Ragama, Sri Lanka Department of Zoology, University of Colombo, Colombo, Sri Lanka Division of Vaccine Discovery, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, La Jolla, California
Am J Trop Med Hyg 91:225-34. 2014..It corresponded to a shift to dengue virus 1 as the major disease-causing serotype in Sri Lanka. Dengue disease reached epidemic levels in the next 3 years...
- Insight into structural organization and protein-protein interaction of non structural 3 (NS3) proteins from dengue serotypesPratap Parida
Centre for Studies in Biotechnology, Dibrugarh University, Assam 786004, India
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 15:156-72. 2014..Suface and interface residues were observed along with hydrogen and hydrophobic interaction. The conserved residues forming hydrogen interaction of NRBP with DENV1-4 serotypes were found to be GLN 305, SER 363 and GLN 379. ..
- Galectin-1 exerts inhibitory effects during DENV-1 infectionKarina Alves Toledo
Department of Biological Sciences, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP FCL Assis, Assis, Brazil
PLoS ONE 9:e112474. 2014..In our search for new antiviral compounds to combat infection by dengue virus type 1 (DENV-1), we investigated the role of galectin-1, a widely-expressed mammalian lectin with functions in ..
- Complete Genome Sequencing of Dengue Virus Type I from Zhuhai City, ChinaChao Chen
Engineering School, Beijing Normal University, Zhuhai, China
Genome Announc 4:. 2016..In this study, we reported complete genomic sequences of DENV-1 isolated from Zhuhai patients, providing basic information for future epidemic dengue disease detection. ..
- Intra-epidemic evolutionary dynamics of a Dengue virus type 1 population reveal mutant spectra that correlate with disease transmissionHapuarachchige Chanditha Hapuarachchi
Environmental Health Institute, National Environment Agency, 11, Biopolis Way, 06 05 08, Singapore 138667
Sci Rep 6:22592. 2016..Moreover, such information is salient to understand the viral basis of clinical outcome and immune response variations that is imperative to effective vaccine design. ..
- Neutralizing and Enhancing Antibody Responses to Five Genotypes of Dengue virus type 1 (DENV-1) in DENV-1 PatientsAtsushi Yamanaka
1Mahidol University Faculty of Tropical Medicine
J Gen Virol . 2016....
- Lack of attenuation of a candidate dengue 1 vaccine (45AZ5) in human volunteersK T McKee
Am J Trop Med Hyg 36:435-42. 1987..The 45AZ5 virus is unacceptable as a vaccine candidate. This experience points out the uncertain relationship between in vitro viral growth characteristics and virulence factors for humans...
- Genetic interaction of flavivirus nonstructural proteins NS1 and NS4A as a determinant of replicase functionB D Lindenbach
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110 1093, USA
J Virol 73:4611-21. 1999..These findings suggest a potential mechanism for integrating NS1 into the cytoplasmic process of RNA replication...
- A recombinant Fab neutralizes dengue virus in vitroP Thullier
Laboratoire d Ingénierie des Anticorps, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Biotechnol 69:183-90. 1999..e. nanomolar. Fab 4E11 neutralization capacity was found between 8 and 4-times or less lower than that of mAb 4E11, depending on serotypes, thus the Fab could have a smaller antiviral activity than the mAb in vitro...
- Evolutionary relationships of endemic/epidemic and sylvatic dengue virusesE Wang
Department of Pathology and Center for Tropical Diseases, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0609, USA
J Virol 74:3227-34. 2000..Analysis of envelope protein amino acid changes predicted to have accompanied endemic/epidemic emergence suggested a role for domain III in adaptation to new mosquito and/or human hosts...
- Monoclonal antibodies that bind to domain III of dengue virus E glycoprotein are the most efficient blockers of virus adsorption to Vero cellsW D Crill
Arbovirus Disease Branch, Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Public Health Service, U S Department of Health and Human Services, Fort Collins, Colorado 80522, USA
J Virol 75:7769-73. 2001..These results extend our understanding of the structure-function relationships in the E glycoprotein of DEN virus and provide the first direct evidence that domain III encodes the primary flavivirus receptor-binding motif...
- High circulating levels of the dengue virus nonstructural protein NS1 early in dengue illness correlate with the development of dengue hemorrhagic feverDaniel H Libraty
Center for Infectious Disease and Vaccine Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue N, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Infect Dis 186:1165-8. 2002..An elevated free sNS1 level (> or =600 ng/mL) within 72 h of illness onset identified patients at risk for developing DHF...
- Two dimensional VOPBA reveals laminin receptor (LAMR1) interaction with dengue virus serotypes 1, 2 and 3Phaik Hooi Tio
Institute of Health and Community Medicine, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, 94300 Kota Samarahan, Sarawak, Malaysia
Virol J 2:25. 2005....
- Generation and characterization of monoclonal antibodies against dengue virus type 1 for epitope mapping and serological detection by epitope-based peptide antigensYun Ching Chen
Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:404-11. 2007..We believe that these MAbs and neutralizing epitopes will provide information that will lead to the development of DEN-1 serotype-specific diagnostic reagents and vaccines...
- Dengue virus entry into liver (HepG2) cells is independent of hsp90 and hsp70Arturo Cabrera-Hernandez
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Mahidol University, Nakorn Pathom, Thailand
J Med Virol 79:386-92. 2007..These results confirm a proposed role for GRP78 as a dengue virus serotype 2 receptor protein and suggest that the recently identified hsp90/70 complex does not play a role in dengue virus internalization into liver cells...
- Solution structure of the envelope protein domain III of dengue-4 virusDavid E Volk
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1157, USA
Virology 364:147-54. 2007..Important structural differences between DEN4-rED3 and ED3 domains of DEN2, DEN3 and other flaviviruses are discussed...
- Comprehensive mapping of immunodominant and conserved serotype- and group-specific B-cell epitopes of nonstructural protein 1 from dengue virus type 1Yue Chen
Center for Clinical Laboratory, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University, No 253 Gong ye da dao zhong, Guangzhou 510282, People s Republic of China
Virology 398:290-8. 2010..These novel immunodominant serotype- and group-specific B-cell epitopes of DENV NS1 may aid the development of new dengue vaccines and diagnostic assays...
- Phylogenetic relationship of dengue virus type 3 isolated in Brazil and Paraguay and global evolutionary divergence dynamicsHelda Liz Alfonso
Departamento de Analises Clinicas, Toxicologicas e Bromatologicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av, do Café s n, 14040 903, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Virol J 9:124. 2012..Dengue virus comprises four antigenically related viruses named dengue virus type 1 to 4 (DENV1-4)...
- Potent dengue virus neutralization by a therapeutic antibody with low monovalent affinity requires bivalent engagementMelissa A Edeling
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 10:e1004072. 2014..recently described our most potently neutralizing monoclonal antibody, E106, which protected against lethal Dengue virus type 1 (DENV-1) infection in mice...
- Expression of dengue virus NS3 protein in Drosophila alters its susceptibility to infectionMatthieu Querenet
a Université de Lyon Laboratory of Molecular Biology of the Cell UMR5239 CNRS Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon Lyon, France
Fly (Austin) 9:1-6. 2015..In conclusion, we generated a new in vivo system to study the functional impact of DENV NS3 protein on the innate immune response. ..
- Single point mutations in the helicase domain of the NS3 protein enhance dengue virus replicative capacity in human monocyte-derived dendritic cells and circumvent the type I interferon responseG F Silveira
Laboratorio de Virologia Molecular, Instituto Carlos Chagas, Curitiba, Brasil
Clin Exp Immunol 183:114-28. 2016..study, we evaluated the cellular response of human monocyte-derived DCs (mdDCs) infected with recombinant dengue virus type 1 (DV1) strains carrying a single point mutation in the NS3hel protein (L435S or L480S)...
- A novel dengue virus serotype 1 vaccine candidate based on Japanese encephalitis virus vaccine strain SA14-14-2 as the backboneHuiqiang Yang
Department of Viral Vaccine, Chengdu Institute of Biological Products Co, Ltd, China National Biotech Group, Chengdu, 610023, People s Republic of China
Arch Virol 161:1517-26. 2016..as the backbone, with its premembrane (prM) and envelope (E) genes substituted by their counterparts from dengue virus type 1 (DENV1)...
- Whole Genome Sequencing-Based Molecular Epidemiologic Analysis of Autochthonous Dengue Virus Type 1 Strains Circulating in Japan in 2014Shigeru Tajima
Department of Virology I, National Institute of Infectious Diseases
Jpn J Infect Dis 70:45-49. 2017Cases of autochthonous infections of dengue virus type 1 (DENV-1) were detected in Japan after a 70-year period devoid of dengue outbreaks...
- Long-term transmission of defective RNA viruses in humans and Aedes mosquitoesJohn Aaskov
School of Life Sciences, Queensland University of Technology, 2 George Street, Brisbane, 4001, Australia
Science 311:236-8. 2006In 2001, dengue virus type 1 (DENV-1) populations in humans and mosquitoes from Myanmar acquired a stop-codon mutation in the surface envelope (E) protein gene. Within a year, this stop-codon strain had spread to all individuals sampled...
- Parturient and perinatal dengue hemorrhagic feverPrasonk Witayathawornwong
Pediatric Department, Petchabun Hospital, Petchabun, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 34:797-9. 2003..He had fever for 2 days, hepatomegaly, thrombocytopenia and a right pleural effusion. Dengue virus type 1 was detected from his serum by polymerase chain reaction (PCR)...
- Severe coinfection of melioidosis and dengue fever in Northeastern Brazil: first case reportRafael Nogueira Macedo
Ambulatório de Doenças Infecciosas, Hospital Geral de Fortaleza, Fortaleza, CE
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 45:132-3. 2012..After death, Burkholderia pseudomallei was isolated in a culture of ascitic fluid. Dengue virus type 1 was detected by polymerase chain reaction in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF); this infection was the cause of ..
- Dengue virus nonstructural protein 5 adopts multiple conformations in solutionCécile Bussetta
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Sealy Center for Structural Biology and Molecular Biophysics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0647, USA
Biochemistry 51:5921-31. 2012..We interpret the multiple conformations of NS5 observed in solution as resulting from weak interactions between the two NS5 domains and flexibility of the linker in the absence of other components of the replication complex...
- Induction of virus-neutralizing antibodies and T cell responses by dengue virus type 1 virus-like particles prepared from Pichia pastorisYun xia Tang
Department of Microbiology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510080, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 125:1986-92. 2012..Towards this end, this study aimed to establish a Pichia pastoris (P. pastoris) expression system for production of dengue virus type 1 (DENV-1) VLPs and evaluate the humoral and cellular immune response of this particle in mice.
- [Analysis of serum neutralizing antibody response in patients with primary dengue virus type 1 infection]Dongmei Hu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510282, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 32:1773-6, 1791. 2012To investigate the characteristics and dynamic changes of serum neutralizing antibody response in patients with primary infection of dengue virus type 1 (DENV-1).
- Worldwide spread of Dengue virus type 1Christian Julián Villabona-Arenas
Laboratory of Molecular Evolution and Bioinformatics, Department of Microbiology, Biomedical Sciences Institute, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e62649. 2013..The prevalence of these viruses has grown in recent decades and is now present in more than 100 countries. Limited studies document the spread of DENV-1 over the world despite its importance for human health...
- Full-length cDNA sequence of dengue type 1 virus (Singapore strain S275/90)J Fu
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Lower Kent Ridge
Virology 188:953-8. 1992The complete nucleotide sequence and the deduced amino acid sequence of the genome of dengue virus type 1 (Singapore strain S275/90) were determined from cDNA clones...
- Processing of nonstructural proteins NS4A and NS4B of dengue 2 virus in vitro and in vivoF Preugschat
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125
Virology 185:689-97. 1991....
- Molecular evolution and distribution of dengue viruses type 1 and 2 in natureR Rico-Hesse
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Virology 174:479-93. 1990..This is the first genetic evidence of the existence of a sylvatic cycle of dengue virus, which is clearly distinct from outbreak viruses...
- Passive protection studies in mice with monoclonal antibodies directed against the non-structural protein NS3 of dengue 1 virusC H Tan
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Kent Ridge
J Gen Virol 71:745-9. 1990..Monoclonal antibodies to NS3 of dengue 1 virus are able to increase the survival time of mice challenged with a lethal dose of dengue 1 virus, although the mechanism remains to be defined...
- Detection of a trypsin-like serine protease domain in flaviviruses and pestivirusesJ F Bazan
Department of Biophysics, University of California, Berkeley 94720
Virology 171:637-9. 1989..Structural modeling of the putative flaviviral protease domain suggests amino acids that are crucial for catalytic activity and substrate binding...
- Evidence that the mature form of the flavivirus nonstructural protein NS1 is a dimerG Winkler
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway 08854
Virology 162:187-96. 1988..It is formed between 20 and 40 min after NS1 is synthesized and before the protein passes the Golgi apparatus. Both soluble and pelletable extracellular NS1 are also found as the high-molecular-weight form...
- Dengue virus-specific, HLA-B35-restricted, human CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocyte (CTL) clones. Recognition of NS3 amino acids 500 to 508 by CTL clones of two different serotype specificitiesP G Livingston
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester 01655
J Immunol 154:1287-95. 1995..These results indicate that CD8+ CTL clones that use different TCR and demonstrate two distinct serotype specificities recognize the same 9-mer peptide in the context of HLA-B35...
- Human isolates of dengue type 1 virus induce apoptosis in mouse neuroblastoma cellsP Despres
Unité des Arbovirus et Virus des Fièvres Hémorragiques, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Virol 70:4090-6. 1996..Accumulation of viral proteins in the endoplasmic reticulum may induce stress and thereby activate the apoptotic pathway in mouse neuroblastoma cells...
- Proteins C and NS4B of the flavivirus Kunjin translocate independently into the nucleusE G Westaway
Sir Albert Sakzewski Virus Research Centre, Royal Children s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Virology 234:31-41. 1997..Dual IF with antibodies to double-stranded RNA showed that cytoplasmic locations of C and NS4B were apparently associated in part with the sites of viral RNA synthesis which were resistant to solubilization by Triton X-100...
- Recognition of dengue virus NS1-NS2a proteins by human CD4+ cytotoxic T lymphocyte clonesS Green
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester 01655, USA
Virology 234:383-6. 1997..These results indicate that NS1 and NS2a proteins as well as C, E, and NS3 proteins reported earlier contain one or more epitopes recognized by dengue virus-specific human CD4+ T lymphocytes...
- Molecular analysis of dengue virus attenuation after serial passage in primary dog kidney cellsB Puri
Infectious Diseases Department, Naval Medical Research Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20889 5607, USA
J Gen Virol 78:2287-91. 1997..Important nucleotide base changes responsible for attenuation accumulated between 45AZ5 PDK-O and 27...
- Study of Dengue virus infection in SCID mice engrafted with human K562 cellsY L Lin
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Virol 72:9729-37. 1998..The system described herein offers an opportunity to explore DEN replication in vivo and to test various antiviral protocols in infected hosts...
- PrM- and cell-binding domains of the dengue virus E proteinS Wang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 4H7, Canada
J Virol 73:2547-51. 1999....
- Immunogenicity of dengue virus type 1 DNA vaccines expressing truncated and full length envelope proteinK Raviprakash
Virology Program, Infectious Diseases Department, Naval Medical Research Institute, 8901 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD, USA
Vaccine 18:2426-34. 2000..Data suggested that the plasmid expressing prM and full length E produced virus like particles in transfected cells, and is probably a better immunogen compared to that expressing 80% E...
- Cellular Immune Response to the SARS Human CoronavirusDANIEL LIBRATY; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such studies will assess potential correlates of protective adaptive immunity to SARS HuCoV infection. ..
- METHODS AND COMPOSITIONS FOR DENGUE VIRUS VACCINESPatent Number: KR1020160027019-A; Date:2016-03-09
- METHODS AND COMPOSITIONS FOR DENGUE VIRUS VACCINESPatent Number: EP3013852-A1; Date:2016-05-04
- VACCINEPatent Number: WO2016034974-A1; Date:2016-03-10
- Modified oligonucleotides comprising thiol functions and the use of same for the detection of nucleic acidsPatent Number: JP2015514402-A; Date:2015-05-21
- MULTIPLEX IMMUNO SCREENING ASSAYPatent Number: KR1020150016941-A; Date:2015-02-13
- MODIFIED OLIGONUCLEOTIDES COMPRISING THIOL FUNCTIONS AND THE USE OF SAME FOR THE DETECTION OF NUCLEIC ACIDSPatent Number: KR1020150021493-A; Date:2015-03-02
- MULTIPLEX IMMUNO SCREENING ASSAYPatent Number: JP2015517649-A; Date:2015-06-22
- NOVEL ATTENUATED DENGUE VIRUS STRAINS FOR VACCINE APPLICATIONPatent Number: EP2897628-A1; Date:2015-07-29
- METHODS AND REAGENTS FOR DETECTION, QUANTITATION, AND SEROTYPING OF DENGUE VIRUSESPatent Number: WO2014055746-A1; Date:2014-04-10
- ATTENUATED VIRUSES USEFUL FOR VACCINESPatent Number: JP2015091247-A; Date:2015-05-14
- MULTIPLEX IMMUNO SCREENING ASSAYPatent Number: JP2015500989-A; Date:2015-01-08
- MULTIPLEX IMMUNO SCREENING ASSAYPatent Number: KR1020140113937-A; Date:2014-09-25
- Pro-apoptotic fragments of the dengue virus envelope glycoproteinsPatent Number: WO0196376-A2; Date:2001-12-20
- NOVEL VACCINES AGAINST MULTIPLE SUBTYPES OF DENGUE VIRUSPatent Number: KR1020100103677-A; Date:2010-09-27
- ATTENUATED VIRUSES USEFUL FOR VACCINESPatent Number: KR1020100019423-A; Date:2010-02-18
- RECOMBINANT SUBUNIT DENGUE VIRUS VACCINEPatent Number: KR1020130138789-A; Date:2013-12-19
- Flavivirus Recombinant Poxvirus VaccinePatent Number: JP2004089185-A; Date:2004-03-25
- Modified Microbial Nucleic AcidPatent Number: JP2009538603-A; Date:2009-11-12
- Early detection of flaviviruses using the ns1 glycoproteinPatent Number: WO0075665-A1; Date:2000-12-14
- Attenuated Viruses Useful For VaccinesPatent Number: JP2010523086-A; Date:2010-07-15
- Viral nucleic acid microarray and method of usePatent Number: WO2007130519-A2; Date:2007-11-15
- Tetravalent dengue specific domain iii based chimeric recombinantproteinPatent Number: WO2007034507-A2; Date:2007-03-29
- MULTIPLEX IMMUNO SCREENING ASSAYPatent Number: WO2013083847-A2; Date:2013-06-13
- PROCEDURE FOR RAPID DETERMINATION OF VIRUSES USING NUCLEIC ACID-BASED MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTICS, AND A KIT FOR THIS PURPOSEPatent Number: WO2012153153-A1; Date:2012-11-15
- New dengue and west nile viruses proteins and genes coding the foregoing, and their use in vaccinal, therapeutic and diagnostic applicationsPatent Number: WO2004076619-A2; Date:2004-09-10
- RECOMBINANT SUBUNIT DENGUE VIRUS VACCINEPatent Number: JP2013542224-A; Date:2013-11-21
- Novel Vaccines Against Multiple Subtypes of Dengue VirusPatent Number: JP2011509659-A; Date:2011-03-31
- CDNA SEQUENCE OF DENGUE VIRUS SEROTYPE 1 (SINGAPORE STRAIN)Patent Number: WO9322440-A1; Date:1993-11-11
- Novel vaccines against multiple subtypes of dengue virusPatent Number: EP2234624-A1; Date:2010-10-06
- Attenuated viruses useful for vaccinesPatent Number: EP2139515-A2; Date:2010-01-06
- Diagnostic test for west nile virusPatent Number: EP1601947-A2; Date:2005-12-07
- PRO-APOPTOTIC FRAGMENTS OF THE DENGUE VIRUS ENVELOPE GLYCOPROTEINSPatent Number: JP2004503233-A; Date:2004-02-05