Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: middle aged
Publications500 found, 100 shown here
- Donaldson Z, Le Francois B, Santos T, Almli L, Boldrini M, Champagne F, et al. The functional serotonin 1a receptor promoter polymorphism, rs6295, is associated with psychiatric illness and differences in transcription. Transl Psychiatry. 2016;6:e746 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a critical framework for conceptualizing the effects of a common functional genetic variant, trauma exposure and their impact on mental health. ..
- Goldstein S, Gabriel S, Kianifard F, Ortiz B, Skoner D. Clinical features of adolescents with chronic idiopathic or spontaneous urticaria: Review of omalizumab clinical trials. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2017;118:500-504 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov Identifiers: NCT01287117 (ASTERIA I), NCT01292473 (ASTERIA II), and NCT01264939 (GLACIAL). ..
- Dieras V, Miles D, Verma S, Pegram M, Welslau M, Baselga J, et al. Trastuzumab emtansine versus capecitabine plus lapatinib in patients with previously treated HER2-positive advanced breast cancer (EMILIA): a descriptive analysis of final overall survival results from a randomised, open-label, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:732-742 pubmed publisher..The safety profile was similar to that reported in previous analyses, reaffirming trastuzumab emtansine as an efficacious and tolerable treatment in this patient population. F Hoffmann-La Roche/Genentech. ..
- Wang J, Xu Monette Z, Jabbar K, Shen Q, Manyam G, Tzankov A, et al. AKT Hyperactivation and the Potential of AKT-Targeted Therapy in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1700-1716 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the clinical and therapeutic implications of AKT hyperactivation in DLBCL and suggests that AKT inhibitors need to be combined with other targeted agents for DLBCL to achieve optimal clinical efficacy. ..
- Barie P, Vogel S, Dellinger E, Rotstein O, Solomkin J, Yang J, et al. A randomized, double-blind clinical trial comparing cefepime plus metronidazole with imipenem-cilastatin in the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections. Cefepime Intra-abdominal Infection Study Group. Arch Surg. 1997;132:1294-302 pubmed..The combination of cefepime plus metronidazole is safe and effective therapy for patients with severe intra-abdominal infections. ..
- Rajapaksa R, Macari M, Bini E. Prevalence and impact of extracolonic findings in patients undergoing CT colonography. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2004;38:767-71 pubmed..Additional studies to determine the optimal radiation dose, cost-effectiveness, and legal implications of detecting extracolonic findings are warranted. ..
- Modi S, Seidman A, Dickler M, Moasser M, D Andrea G, Moynahan M, et al. A phase II trial of imatinib mesylate monotherapy in patients with metastatic breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2005;90:157-63 pubmed..Imatinib therapy at doses of 800 mg/day was associated with significant toxicity in patients with heavily pre-treated MBC. Our results do not indicate activity for imatinib monotherapy in these unselected patients. ..
- Tabaee A, Geng E, Lin J, Kakoullis S, McDonald B, Rodriguez H, et al. Impact of neck length on the safety of percutaneous and surgical tracheotomy: a prospective, randomized study. Laryngoscope. 2005;115:1685-90 pubmed..Patients with short necks may be at no higher risk during either a PDT or ST. Experience, awareness of complications, and a dedicated team approach are necessary for the safe performance of PDT. ..
- Pothuri B, Ramondetta L, Eifel P, Deavers M, Wilton A, Alektiar K, et al. Radiation-associated endometrial cancers are prognostically unfavorable tumors: a clinicopathologic comparison with 527 sporadic endometrial cancers. Gynecol Oncol. 2006;103:948-51 pubmed..However, patients with RAECs do not appear to have a significantly worse prognosis when compared with patients with high-stage and high-grade sporadic cancers. ..
- Daniel Mullins C, Kuznik A, Shaya F, Obeidat N, Levine A, Liu L, et al. Cost-effectiveness analysis of linezolid compared with vancomycin for the treatment of nosocomial pneumonia caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Clin Ther. 2006;28:1184-1198 pubmed publisher..As a result, linezolid was almost cost-neutral compared with vancomycin in the treatment of NP caused by MRSA. ..
- Ryba N, Brodsky S, Shlosberg A. Evaluations of capacity to waive Miranda rights: a survey of practitioners' use of the Grisso instruments. Assessment. 2007;14:300-9 pubmed..Practitioners' responses regarding the ways the instruments are used are reported. Suggestions are offered for informed practice, and related strengths and weaknesses of the instruments are identified. ..
- Lee N, Mechalakos J, Nehmeh S, Lin Z, Squire O, Cai S, et al. Fluorine-18-labeled fluoromisonidazole positron emission and computed tomography-guided intensity-modulated radiotherapy for head and neck cancer: a feasibility study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008;70:2-13 pubmed..This information has provided important data for subsequent hypoxia-guided IMRT trials with the goal of further improving locoregional control in HNC patients. ..
- Markowitz J, Patel S, BALAN I, Bell M, Blanco C, Yellow Horse Brave Heart M, et al. Toward an adaptation of interpersonal psychotherapy for Hispanic patients with DSM-IV major depressive disorder. J Clin Psychiatry. 2009;70:214-22 pubmed..IPT appears a compatible intervention, focusing on and adaptable to these important issues for Hispanic patients. ..
- Nadkarni A, Schliep T, Khan L, Zeana C. Cluster of bloodstream infections caused by KPC-2 carbapenemase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in Manhattan. Am J Infect Control. 2009;37:121-6 pubmed publisher..Overall, only 2 of the 6 patients survived. This report describes the first outbreak of KPC-2 carbapenemase-producing K pneumoniae bloodstream infections in a hospital in Manhattan. ..
- Dematteo R, Ballman K, Antonescu C, Maki R, Pisters P, Demetri G, et al. Adjuvant imatinib mesylate after resection of localised, primary gastrointestinal stromal tumour: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet. 2009;373:1097-104 pubmed publisher..Adjuvant imatinib therapy is safe and seems to improve recurrence-free survival compared with placebo after the resection of primary gastrointestinal stromal tumour. US National Institutes of Health and Novartis Pharmaceuticals. ..
- Atkinson T, Ryan J, Lent A, Wallis A, Schachter H, Coder R. Three trail making tests for use in neuropsychological assessments with brief intertest intervals. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 2010;32:151-8 pubmed publisher..The study provides evidence that the three tests can be offered as potential alternative instruments in serial assessment. ..
- Miglis M, Levine D. Intracranial venous thrombosis after placement of a lumbar drain. Neurocrit Care. 2010;12:83-7 pubmed publisher..Any patient with post-dural injury headache that intensifies after an initial plateau, persists for longer than a week, or loses its orthostatic character should be evaluated for intracranial sinus or venous thrombosis. ..
- Marks D, Goldstone S. Electrocautery ablation of high-grade anal squamous intraepithelial lesions in HIV-negative and HIV-positive men who have sex with men. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2012;59:259-65 pubmed publisher..ECA is an effective treatment for HGAIN, with fewer patients progressing to ASCC than predicted with expectant management. HIV-positive patients are significantly more likely to recur than HIV-negative patients. ..
- Kierans A, Bennett G, Mussi T, Babb J, Rusinek H, Melamed J, et al. Characterization of malignancy of adnexal lesions using ADC entropy: comparison with mean ADC and qualitative DWI assessment. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2013;37:164-71 pubmed publisher..Although whole-lesion ADC entropy provides a straightforward and objective measurement, its potential benefit decreases with greater reader experience. ..
- Zuchelli D, Divaris N, McCormack J, Huang E, Chaudhary N, Vosswinkel J, et al. Extremity compartment syndrome following blunt trauma: a level I trauma center's 5-year experience. J Surg Res. 2017;217:131-136 pubmed publisher..Vigilance is warranted in evaluating the compartments of patients with extremity injuries following blunt trauma. ..
- Heller D, Coxson P, Penko J, Pletcher M, Goldman L, Odden M, et al. Evaluating the Impact and Cost-Effectiveness of Statin Use Guidelines for Primary Prevention of Coronary Heart Disease and Stroke. Circulation. 2017;136:1087-1098 pubmed publisher..Whether individuals benefit from long-term statin use for primary prevention depends more on the disutility associated with pill burden than their degree of cardiovascular risk. ..
- Parsey R, Kent J, Oquendo M, Richards M, Pratap M, Cooper T, et al. Acute occupancy of brain serotonin transporter by sertraline as measured by [11C]DASB and positron emission tomography. Biol Psychiatry. 2006;59:821-8 pubmed..Reference tissue modeling using the optimal reference region returns the same occupancy measures as those determined using an arterial input function. ..
- Espana E, Tello C, Liebmann J, Ritch R. Cyclodialysis cleft secondary to removal of an anterior chamber phakic intraocular lens. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2007;33:542-4 pubmed..Careful gonioscopy evaluation before removal of pIOLs should be mandatory to assess the amount of fibrosis and the presence of synechia between the IOL and the surrounding tissues...
- Alterman R, Miravite J, Weisz D, Shils J, Bressman S, Tagliati M. Sixty hertz pallidal deep brain stimulation for primary torsion dystonia. Neurology. 2007;69:681-8 pubmed..Surgical complications were limited to two superficial infections, which were treated successfully. Stimulation of the internal globus pallidus at 60 Hz is safe and effective for treating medically refractory primary dystonia. ..
- Gulick R, Lalezari J, Goodrich J, Clumeck N, DeJesus E, Horban A, et al. Maraviroc for previously treated patients with R5 HIV-1 infection. N Engl J Med. 2008;359:1429-41 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov numbers, NCT00098306 and NCT00098722.) ..
- Bernstein S, Boudreaux E, Cabral L, Cydulka R, Schwegman D, Larkin G, et al. Efficacy of a brief intervention to improve emergency physicians' smoking cessation counseling skills, knowledge, and attitudes. Subst Abus. 2009;30:158-81 pubmed publisher..Post-intervention, 30% of smokers were given a Quitline referral card. An educational intervention improved ED-based tobacco interventions. Controlled trials are needed to establish these results' durability. ..
- Liu X, Tsujita K, Maehara A, Mintz G, Weisz G, Dangas G, et al. Intravascular ultrasound assessment of the incidence and predictors of edge dissections after drug-eluting stent implantation. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2009;2:997-1004 pubmed publisher..Residual plaque eccentricity, lumen-to-stent-edge-area ratio, and stent edge symmetry predicted coronary stent edge dissections. Dissections in less diseased reference segments more often evolved into an intramural hematoma. ..
- PHILLIPS M, Paumgarten A. Hispanic caregiver perceptions of preventive service. Child Welfare. 2009;88:27-55 pubmed..The article discusses implications for treatment. ..
- Kundu S, Thompson R, Kallingal G, Cambareri G, Russo P. Urinary fistulae after partial nephrectomy. BJU Int. 2010;106:1042-4 pubmed publisher..In most patients with a urine leak immediately after surgery the UF will resolve with no intervention, and can be managed conservatively with patience, in the absence of clinical symptoms. ..
- Makarov D, Loeb S, Magheli A, Zhao K, Humphreys E, Gonzalgo M, et al. Significance of preoperative PSA velocity in men with low serum PSA and normal DRE. World J Urol. 2011;29:11-4 pubmed publisher..35 ng/ml/year. Physicians should carefully monitor men with a preoperative PSA>0.35 ng/ml/year as they are at increased risk of biochemical progression following RP. ..
- Dangas G, Caixeta A, Mehran R, Parise H, Lansky A, Cristea E, et al. Frequency and predictors of stent thrombosis after percutaneous coronary intervention in acute myocardial infarction. Circulation. 2011;123:1745-56 pubmed publisher..Optimizing adjunct pharmacology including early antithrombin therapy preloading with a potent antiplatelet therapy may further reduce stent thrombosis in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. ..
- Li L, Psoter W, Buxó C, Elias A, Cuadrado L, Morse D. Smoking and drinking in relation to oral potentially malignant disorders in Puerto Rico: a case-control study. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:324 pubmed publisher..There was little evidence suggesting that alcohol consumption was positively associated with OPMD risk. ..
- Xu J, McGorty K, Lim R, Bruno M, Babb J, Srichai M, et al. Single breathhold noncontrast thoracic MRA using highly accelerated parallel imaging with a 32-element coil array. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2012;35:963-8 pubmed publisher..2 ± 6.0 s versus 28.1 ± 5.4 s, respectively; P < 0.05). Single breathhold NC-MRA is feasible and can be a useful alternative for evaluation and follow-up of thoracic aortic diseases. ..
- Lukin D, Jandorf L, Dhulkifl R, Thélémaque L, Christie J, Itzkowitz S, et al. Effect of comorbid conditions on adherence to colorectal cancer screening. J Cancer Educ. 2012;27:269-76 pubmed publisher..This is the only study to assess the effect of screening colonoscopy in an African American primary care setting. We must continue to explore interventions to narrow the disparate gap in screening and mortality rates. ..
- Rundle A, Jankowski M, Kryvenko O, Tang D, Rybicki B. Obesity and future prostate cancer risk among men after an initial benign biopsy of the prostate. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2013;22:898-904 pubmed publisher..48). Obesity is associated with the presence of PIN in benign specimens and with future prostate cancer risk after an initial benign finding. Obesity may be a factor to consider when planning clinical follow-up after a benign biopsy. ..
- Cukor D, Fruchter Y, Ver Halen N, Naidoo S, Patel A, Saggi S. A preliminary investigation of depression and kidney functioning in patients with chronic kidney disease. Nephron Clin Pract. 2012;122:139-45 pubmed publisher..Elevated depression scores are prevalent in CKD populations and further research on the impact of depression interventions is warranted. ..
- Digiacomo D, Tennyson C, Green P, Demmer R. Prevalence of gluten-free diet adherence among individuals without celiac disease in the USA: results from the Continuous National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2009-2010. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2013;48:921-5 pubmed publisher..The estimated national prevalence of non-celiac gluten sensitivity is 0.548%, approximately half that of celiac disease. Future studies are merited in order to better understand the population burden of non-celiac gluten sensitivity. ..
- Naanyu V, Vedanthan R, Kamano J, Rotich J, Lagat K, Kiptoo P, et al. Barriers Influencing Linkage to Hypertension Care in Kenya: Qualitative Analysis from the LARK Hypertension Study. J Gen Intern Med. 2016;31:304-14 pubmed publisher..Individual and environmental factors are barriers to linkage to hypertension care in rural western Kenya. Our analysis provides new insights and methodological approaches that may be relevant to other low-resource settings worldwide. ..
- Wang Y, Chen C, Chabra S, Winchester P, Khilnani N, Watts R, et al. Bolus arterial-venous transit in the lower extremity and venous contamination in bolus chase three-dimensional magnetic resonance angiography. Invest Radiol. 2002;37:458-63 pubmed..01). Venous signal in the distal calf station of bolus chase 3D peripheral MRA is caused by fast arterial-venous transit. It is worse in legs with cellulitis and less in patients with a history of myocardial infarction. ..
- Khan A, Ryan M, Teplitz G. Bilateral carpometacarpal dislocations of the thumb. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2003;32:38-41 pubmed..Loss of reduction after pinning, or failure to achieve anatomic reduction, requires open reduction, possibly with acute ligamentous reconstruction. ..
- Hadden J, Verastegui E, Barrera J, Kurman M, Meneses A, Zinser J, et al. A trial of IRX-2 in patients with squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck. Int Immunopharmacol. 2003;3:1073-81 pubmed..02). The data document immunotherapy induced regression of H and NSCC with delayed recurrence and improved mean survival time. ..
- Schubert H. Schisis in sickle cell retinopathy. Arch Ophthalmol. 2005;123:1607-9 pubmed
- Jacobowitz O. Palatal and tongue base surgery for surgical treatment of obstructive sleep apnea: a prospective study. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2006;135:258-264 pubmed..To assess the effect of concurrent uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP) and hypopharyngeal procedures in obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) patients with diffuse airway narrowing...
- Leiser A, Chi D, Ishill N, Tew W. Carcinosarcoma of the ovary treated with platinum and taxane: the memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center experience. Gynecol Oncol. 2007;105:657-61 pubmed..The 3- and 5-year survival rates were 53% and 30%, respectively. The combination of platinum and a taxane is a viable first-line treatment option for patients with ovarian carcinosarcoma. ..
- Weiser T, Hyman K, Yun J, Litle V, Chin C, Swanson S. Electromagnetic navigational bronchoscopy: a surgeon's perspective. Ann Thorac Surg. 2008;85:S797-801 pubmed publisher..Not only will navigational bronchoscopy lead to improvements in the diagnostic yield of standard flexible bronchoscopy, but we envision potential therapeutic modalities that can be used this system. ..
- Lichtenthal W, Nilsson M, Zhang B, TRICE E, Kissane D, Breitbart W, et al. Do rates of mental disorders and existential distress among advanced stage cancer patients increase as death approaches?. Psychooncology. 2009;18:50-61 pubmed publisher..Longitudinal studies are needed to confirm individual changes in rates of mental disorder as patients approach death. ..
- Moskowitz C, Yahalom J, Zelenetz A, Zhang Z, Filippa D, Teruya Feldstein J, et al. High-dose chemo-radiotherapy for relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma and the significance of pre-transplant functional imaging. Br J Haematol. 2010;148:890-7 pubmed publisher..Risk-adapted augmentation of salvage treatment in patients with HL is feasible and improves EFS in poorer-risk patients. Our data suggest that normalisation of FI pre-ASCT predicts outcome, and should be the goal of salvage treatment. ..
- Roberts T, Eugenin E, Morgello S, Clements J, Zink M, Berman J. PrPC, the cellular isoform of the human prion protein, is a novel biomarker of HIV-associated neurocognitive impairment and mediates neuroinflammation. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:1848-60 pubmed publisher..This report presents the first evidence that PrP(C) dysregulation occurs in cognitively impaired HIV-1-infected individuals and that PrP(C) participates in the pathogenesis of HIV-1-associated CNS disease. ..
- Chandarana H, Block T, Rosenkrantz A, Lim R, Kim D, Mossa D, et al. Free-breathing radial 3D fat-suppressed T1-weighted gradient echo sequence: a viable alternative for contrast-enhanced liver imaging in patients unable to suspend respiration. Invest Radiol. 2011;46:648-53 pubmed publisher..Radial VIBE can be performed during free breathing for contrast-enhanced imaging of the liver with comparable image quality to BH VIBE. However, further work is necessary to shorten the acquisition time to perform dynamic imaging. ..
- Gürel G, Sesma N, Calamita M, Coachman C, Morimoto S. Influence of enamel preservation on failure rates of porcelain laminate veneers. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2013;33:31-9 pubmed..Laminate veneers have high survival rates when bonded to enamel and provide a safe and predictable treatment option that preserves tooth structure. ..
- Tamis Holland J, Lu J, Korytkowski M, Magee M, Rogers W, Lopes N, et al. Sex differences in presentation and outcome among patients with type 2 diabetes and coronary artery disease treated with contemporary medical therapy with or without prompt revascularization: a report from the BARI 2D Trial (Bypass Angioplasty Revasc. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;61:1767-76 pubmed publisher..Bypass Angioplasty Revascularization Investigation in Type 2 Diabetes [BARI 2D]; NCT00006305). ..
- Jewell E, Huang J, Abu Rustum N, Gardner G, Brown C, Sonoda Y, et al. Detection of sentinel lymph nodes in minimally invasive surgery using indocyanine green and near-infrared fluorescence imaging for uterine and cervical malignancies. Gynecol Oncol. 2014;133:274-7 pubmed publisher..Our primary objective was to assess the detection rate of sentinel lymph nodes (SLNs) using indocyanine green (ICG) and near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence imaging for uterine and cervical malignancies...
- Iwasawa J, Koruth J, Petru J, Dujka L, Kralovec S, Mzourkova K, et al. Temperature-Controlled Radiofrequency Ablation for Pulmonary Vein Isolation in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:542-553 pubmed publisher..ACT DiamondTemp Temperature-Controlled and Contact Sensing RF Ablation Clinical Trial for Atrial Fibrillation [TRAC-AF]; NCT02821351). ..
- Jager D, Stockert E, Gure A, Scanlan M, Karbach J, Jager E, et al. Identification of a tissue-specific putative transcription factor in breast tissue by serological screening of a breast cancer library. Cancer Res. 2001;61:2055-61 pubmed..The exon structure of NY-BR-1.1 remains to be defined. Using human genome database, NY-BR-1 was localized to chromosome 10p11-p12, and NY-BR-1.1 was tentatively localized to chromosome 9. ..
- Ventura K, Cangiarella J, Lee I, Moreira A, Waisman J, Simsir A. Aspiration biopsy of mammary lesions with abundant extracellular mucinous material. Review of 43 cases with surgical follow-up. Am J Clin Pathol. 2003;120:194-202 pubmed..Owing to the documented association of MLL with carcinoma, we recommend that lesions that cannot be classified definitively as adenocarcinoma or MFA be considered for conservative excision, even in the absence of atypia. ..
- Chung J, Spaide R. Intraretinal silicone oil vacuoles after macular hole surgery with internal limiting membrane peeling. Am J Ophthalmol. 2003;136:766-7 pubmed..The use of silicone oil in macular hole surgery with ILM peeling may complicate the postoperative outcome. ..
- Faibish D, Gomes A, Boivin G, Binderman I, Boskey A. Infrared imaging of calcified tissue in bone biopsies from adults with osteomalacia. Bone. 2005;36:6-12 pubmed
- Iyengar P, Ali S, Brogi E. Fine-needle aspiration cytology of mammary adenomyoepithelioma: a study of 12 patients. Cancer. 2006;108:250-6 pubmed..Accurate identification of the myoepithelium is crucial to avoid misinterpretation as carcinoma. Conservative diagnosis and further histologic evaluation is recommended for these patients. ..
- Korner J, Inabnet W, Conwell I, Taveras C, Daud A, Olivero Rivera L, et al. Differential effects of gastric bypass and banding on circulating gut hormone and leptin levels. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2006;14:1553-61 pubmed..The differences in insulin and leptin concentrations associated with these procedures may also reflect differences in insulin sensitivity and energy partitioning. ..
- Sanna Cherchi S, Caridi G, Weng P, Dagnino M, Seri M, Konka A, et al. Localization of a gene for nonsyndromic renal hypodysplasia to chromosome 1p32-33. Am J Hum Genet. 2007;80:539-49 pubmed..These data show that autosomal dominant nonsyndromic renal hypodysplasia and associated urinary tract malformations are genetically heterogeneous and identify a locus for this common cause of human kidney failure. ..
- Black H, Davis B, Barzilay J, Nwachuku C, Baimbridge C, Marginean H, et al. Metabolic and clinical outcomes in nondiabetic individuals with the metabolic syndrome assigned to chlorthalidone, amlodipine, or lisinopril as initial treatment for hypertension: a report from the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Pre. Diabetes Care. 2008;31:353-60 pubmed
- Heyworth B, Shindle M, Voos J, Rudzki J, Kelly B. Radiologic and intraoperative findings in revision hip arthroscopy. Arthroscopy. 2007;23:1295-302 pubmed..Furthermore, failure of labral repairs may be the result of unrecognized bony impingement at the time of initial surgery. Level IV, prognostic case series. ..
- Laser J, Cangiarella J, Singh B, Melamed J, Chiriboga L, Yee H, et al. Invasive lobular carcinoma of the breast: role of endothelial lymphatic marker D2-40. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2008;38:99-104 pubmed..In conclusion, D2-40 antibody staining may be useful as an adjunct in detecting LVI in invasive lobular carcinoma, especially in node-negative patients with the classic variant of invasive lobular carcinoma...
- Spitzer R, First M, Shedler J, Westen D, Skodol A. Clinical utility of five dimensional systems for personality diagnosis: a "consumer preference" study. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2008;196:356-74 pubmed publisher..A prototype matching approach to personality diagnosis deserves consideration for DSM-V. ..
- Garakani A, Martinez J, Aaronson C, Voustianiouk A, Kaufmann H, Gorman J. Effect of medication and psychotherapy on heart rate variability in panic disorder. Depress Anxiety. 2009;26:251-8 pubmed publisher..Given the evidence of cardiac risk related to HRV, CBT appears to have additional benefits beyond symptom reduction. The mechanisms of this difference between CBT and sertraline are unclear and require further study. ..
- Ohrbach R, Sherman J, Beneduce C, Zittel Palamara K, Pak Y. Extraction of RDC/TMD subscales from the symptom check list-90: does context alter respondent behavior?. J Orofac Pain. 2008;22:331-9 pubmed
- WALKER M, McMahon D, Inabnet W, Lazar R, Brown I, Vardy S, et al. Neuropsychological features in primary hyperparathyroidism: a prospective study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:1951-8 pubmed publisher..Mild PHPT is associated with cognitive features affecting verbal memory and nonverbal abstraction that improve after parathyroidectomy. ..
- Mitelman S, Canfield E, Chu K, Brickman A, Shihabuddin L, Hazlett E, et al. Poor outcome in chronic schizophrenia is associated with progressive loss of volume of the putamen. Schizophr Res. 2009;113:241-5 pubmed publisher..Volumes of the putamen may represent a longitudinal marker of treatment responsiveness and outcome in patients with chronic schizophrenia. ..
- Rai A, Flores R, MATHEW A, Gonzalez Espinoza R, Bott M, Ladanyi M, et al. Soluble mesothelin related peptides (SMRP) and osteopontin as protein biomarkers for malignant mesothelioma: analytical validation of ELISA based assays and characterization at mRNA and protein levels. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2010;48:271-8 pubmed publisher..Our results further characterize these markers, establish assay performance characteristics, and lay the groundwork for further studies to measure these markers in blood. ..
- Greenfield J, Anand V, Kacker A, Seibert M, Singh A, Brown S, et al. Endoscopic endonasal transethmoidal transcribriform transfovea ethmoidalis approach to the anterior cranial fossa and skull base. Neurosurgery. 2010;66:883-92; discussion 892 pubmed..An alternate and more direct approach is the endonasal, transethmoidal, transcribriform, transfovea ethmoidalis approach...
- Bangalore S, Qin J, Sloan S, Murphy S, Cannon C. What is the optimal blood pressure in patients after acute coronary syndromes?: Relationship of blood pressure and cardiovascular events in the PRavastatin OR atorVastatin Evaluation and Infection Therapy-Thrombolysis In Myocardial Infarction (PROVE . Circulation. 2010;122:2142-51 pubmed publisher..URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00382460. ..
- Carrasquillo J, Pandit Taskar N, O Donoghue J, Humm J, Zanzonico P, Smith Jones P, et al. (124)I-huA33 antibody PET of colorectal cancer. J Nucl Med. 2011;52:1173-80 pubmed publisher..We also determined the biodistribution of (124)I-huA33 when a large dose of human intravenous IgG (IVIG) was administered to manipulate the Fc receptor or when (124)I-huA33 was given via hepatic arterial infusion (HAI)...
- Ko E, Stone N, Stock R. PSA nadir of <0.5 ng/mL following brachytherapy for early-stage prostate adenocarcinoma is associated with freedom from prostate-specific antigen failure. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;83:600-7 pubmed publisher..Pretreatment risk factors (clinical tumor stage, Gleason score, pretreatment PSA) strongly predict for patients achieving nPSA <0.5 ng/mL following brachytherapy, and this cohort had significantly higher long-term FFBF. ..
- Urban N, Slifstein M, Meda S, Xu X, Ayoub R, Medina O, et al. Imaging human reward processing with positron emission tomography and functional magnetic resonance imaging. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2012;221:67-77 pubmed publisher..The lack of correlation at the ROI level may be due to the small magnitude of release or to the particular dependence of BOLD on glutamatergic signaling. ..
- Yu G, Mehta V, Branovan D, Huang Q, Hashibe M, Zhang Z, et al. Improved survival among patients with base of tongue and tonsil cancer in the United States. Cancer Causes Control. 2012;23:153-64 pubmed publisher..To examine if survival has changed over the last 20 years in patients with base of tongue and tonsil cancers in the United States...
- Andikyan V, Rezk Y, Einstein M, Gualtiere G, Leitao M, Sonoda Y, et al. A prospective study of the feasibility and acceptability of a Web-based, electronic patient-reported outcome system in assessing patient recovery after major gynecologic cancer surgery. Gynecol Oncol. 2012;127:273-7 pubmed publisher..Poor performance status, nausea, and fatigue were the most common distressing patient-reported symptoms. ..
- Shaykhiev R, Sackrowitz R, Fukui T, Zuo W, Chao I, Strulovici Barel Y, et al. Smoking-induced CXCL14 expression in the human airway epithelium links chronic obstructive pulmonary disease to lung cancer. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2013;49:418-25 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the smoking-induced expression of CXCL14 in the airway epithelium represents a novel potential molecular link between smoking-associated airway epithelial injury, COPD, and lung cancer. ..
- Magro C, Wang X, Garrett Bakelman F, Laurence J, Shapiro L, Desancho M. The effects of Eculizumab on the pathology of malignant atrophic papulosis. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2013;8:185 pubmed publisher..Eculizumab may be used as salvage therapy in critically ill patients with thrombotic microangiopathy. ..
- Belalcazar L, Lang W, Haffner S, Schwenke D, Kriska A, Balasubramanyam A, et al. Improving Adiponectin Levels in Individuals With Diabetes and Obesity: Insights From Look AHEAD. Diabetes Care. 2015;38:1544-50 pubmed publisher..Future studies need to investigate whether sex-specific biological determinants contribute to the observed associations. ..
- Zabor E, Furberg H, Mashni J, Lee B, Jaimes E, Russo P. Factors Associated with Recovery of Renal Function following Radical Nephrectomy for Kidney Neoplasms. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016;11:101-7 pubmed publisher..Distributions of preoperative risk factors differed by preoperative eGFR, leading to distinct factors that were significantly associated with chance of eGFR recovery. ..
- Likhterov I, Fritz M, El Sayed I, Rahul Seth -, Rayess H, Knott P. Locoregional recurrence following maxillectomy: implications for microvascular reconstruction. Laryngoscope. 2017;127:2534-2538 pubmed publisher..4. Laryngoscope, 127:2534-2538, 2017. ..
- Ganz T, Jung G, Naeim A, Ginzburg Y, Pakbaz Z, Walter P, et al. Immunoassay for human serum erythroferrone. Blood. 2017;130:1243-1246 pubmed publisher..The assay should be useful for human studies of normal and disordered erythropoiesis and its effect on iron homeostasis...
- Midoneck S, Richard J, Murray H. Colorado tick fever in a resident of New York City. Arch Fam Med. 1994;3:731-2 pubmed..This case of Colorado tick fever, acquired on the Utah-Colorado border and first expressed in Manhattan, serves as a useful reminder of the importance of taking a careful travel history for national as well as international travelers...
- Yarborough A, Zhang Y, Hsu T, Santella R. Immunoperoxidase detection of 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine in aflatoxin B1-treated rat liver and human oral mucosal cells. Cancer Res. 1996;56:683-8 pubmed..6-fold higher than in nonsmokers. The immunoperoxidase method, requiring a small number of cells and eliminating the need for isolation of DNA, will be useful for evaluation of oxidative damage in a wide range of biological samples. ..
- Stern Y, Liu X, Albert M, Brandt J, Jacobs D, Del Castillo Castaneda C, et al. Modeling the influence of extrapyramidal signs on the progression of Alzheimer disease. Arch Neurol. 1996;53:1121-6 pubmed..The differential influence of extrapyramidal signs on cognitive and functional measures suggests that the pathological changes underlying these disease features may vary. ..
- Sanders S, Busam K, Halpern A, Nehal K. Intralesional corticosteroid treatment of multiple eruptive keratoacanthomas: case report and review of a controversial therapy. Dermatol Surg. 2002;28:954-8 pubmed..Despite its limitations, intralesional corticosteroids may have a role in the treatment of select keratoacanthomas. ..
- Tiersten A, Wo J, Jacobson C, Weitzman A, Horwich T, Hesdorffer C, et al. Cardiac toxicity observed in association with high-dose cyclophosphamide-based chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer. Breast. 2004;13:341-6 pubmed..As a result of these findings, oncologists should carefully monitor fluid balance in older patients. Routine EKG monitoring during infusional cyclophosphamide did not predict CHF development. ..
- Buyon J, Petri M, Kim M, Kalunian K, Grossman J, Hahn B, et al. The effect of combined estrogen and progesterone hormone replacement therapy on disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosus: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med. 2005;142:953-62 pubmed..Most of these flares are mild to moderate. The benefits of HRT can be balanced against the risk for flare because HRT did not significantly increase the risk for severe flare compared with placebo. ..
- Park S, Kubiak E, Egol K, Kummer F, Koval K. Stress radiographs after ankle fracture: the effect of ankle position and deltoid ligament status on medial clear space measurements. J Orthop Trauma. 2006;20:11-8 pubmed..Under this stress condition, a medial clear space of > or =5 mm was the most reliable predictor of deep deltoid ligament status. ..