Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Publications1002 found, 100 shown here
- Viboud G, Bliska J. Yersinia outer proteins: role in modulation of host cell signaling responses and pathogenesis. Annu Rev Microbiol. 2005;59:69-89 pubmed..This review focuses on the biochemical functions of Yops, the signaling pathways they modulate, and the role of these proteins in Yersinia virulence...
- Tanaka N, Hoshino Y, Gold J, Hoshino S, Martiniuk F, Kurata T, et al. Interleukin-10 induces inhibitory C/EBPbeta through STAT-3 and represses HIV-1 transcription in macrophages. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2005;33:406-11 pubmed..Only macrophages are able to repress HIV-1 LTR promoter activity and inhibit viral replication in response to IL-10 or type I IFN. ..
- Mitchell W, Li J, French D, Coller B. alphaIIbbeta3 biogenesis is controlled by engagement of alphaIIb in the calnexin cycle via the N15-linked glycan. Blood. 2006;107:2713-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest that pro-alphaIIb engages the calnexin cycle via the N15 glycan and that failure of pro-alphaIIb to complex normally with beta3 results in proteasomal degradation. ..
- Ponder C, Munoz M, Gilliam T, Palmer A. Genetic architecture of fear conditioning in chromosome substitution strains: relationship to measures of innate (unlearned) anxiety-like behavior. Mamm Genome. 2007;18:221-8 pubmed..The CSS provide a straightforward means of isolating the underlying genetic factors. ..
- Boamah E, White D, Talbott K, Arva N, Berman D, Tomasz M, et al. Mitomycin-DNA adducts induce p53-dependent and p53-independent cell death pathways. ACS Chem Biol. 2007;2:399-407 pubmed..These studies suggest that in the absence of p53, signaling to molecular targets in cell death can shift in response to different DNA adduct structures to induce non-apoptotic cell death. ..
- Isern J, Fraser S, He Z, Baron M. The fetal liver is a niche for maturation of primitive erythroid cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:6662-7 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest a simple solution for a puzzling aspect of the development of the primitive erythroid lineage. ..
- Dubeykovskiy A, Nguyen T, Dubeykovskaya Z, Lei S, Wang T. Flow cytometric detection of progastrin interaction with gastrointestinal cells. Regul Pept. 2008;151:106-14 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, this population was greatly expanded in gastrin knockout mice. This non-radioactive, FACS-based assay should prove useful for further characterization of cells expressing the progastrin receptor. ..
- Planel E, Krishnamurthy P, Miyasaka T, Liu L, Herman M, Kumar A, et al. Anesthesia-induced hyperphosphorylation detaches 3-repeat tau from microtubules without affecting their stability in vivo. J Neurosci. 2008;28:12798-807 pubmed publisher..Tau remaining on the MTs under these conditions is sufficient to maintain MT network integrity. ..
- Maiya R, Zhou Y, Norris E, Kreek M, Strickland S. Tissue plasminogen activator modulates the cellular and behavioral response to cocaine. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:1983-8 pubmed publisher..Cocaine exposure also had an anxiolytic effect in tPA-/- but not WT mice. These results identify tPA as an important and novel component of the signaling pathway that modulates cocaine-induced changes in neuroadaptation and behavior. ..
- Arenzana T, Smith Raska M, Reizis B. Transcription factor Zfx controls BCR-induced proliferation and survival of B lymphocytes. Blood. 2009;113:5857-67 pubmed publisher..These results identify a novel transcriptional regulator of the B-cell lineage and highlight the common genetic control of stem cell maintenance and lymphocyte homeostasis. ..
- Danishefsky S. On the potential of natural products in the discovery of pharma leads: a case for reassessment. Nat Prod Rep. 2010;27:1114-6 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, natural products, a proven long-term source of pharma discovery, re-emerge as potentially valuable elements for synthesis-driven pharma exploitation. ..
- Johri A, Starkov A, Chandra A, Hennessey T, Sharma A, Orobello S, et al. Truncated peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-? coactivator 1? splice variant is severely altered in Huntington's disease. Neurodegener Dis. 2011;8:496-503 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that NT-PGC1? is an important component of the PGC1? transcriptional network, which plays a significant role in the pathogenesis of HD. ..
- Ribeiro A, Ceccarini G, Dupré C, Friedman J, Pfaff D, Mark A. Contrasting effects of leptin on food anticipatory and total locomotor activity. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23364 pubmed publisher..Leptin, acting in the central nervous system and at physiologic levels, produces early increases in locomotor activity before substantial weight loss. In contrast, leptin suppresses augmented food anticipatory activity in obob mice. ..
- Woodruff A, McGarry L, Vogels T, Inan M, Anderson S, Yuste R. State-dependent function of neocortical chandelier cells. J Neurosci. 2011;31:17872-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, neocortical chandelier cells, even from within a homogeneous population, appear to play a dual role in the circuit, helping to activate quiescent pyramidal neurons, while at the same time inhibiting active ones. ..
- Desvignes L, Wolf A, Ernst J. Dynamic roles of type I and type II IFNs in early infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Immunol. 2012;188:6205-15 pubmed publisher..Together, our results imply a model in which type I IFN limit the number of target cells that M. tuberculosis can infect in the lungs, whereas IFN-? enhances their ability to restrict bacterial growth. ..
- El Maarouf A, Moyo Lee Yaw D, Lindhout T, Pearse D, Wakarchuk W, Rutishauser U. Enzymatic engineering of polysialic acid on cells in vitro and in vivo using a purified bacterial polysialyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:32770-9 pubmed..5 h, persisted in tissues, and then decreased within a few weeks. Together these characteristics suggest that a PST(Nm)-based approach may provide a valuable alternative to PST gene therapy. ..
- Cassano A, White J, Penraat K, Wilson C, Rasmussen S, Karatsoreos I. Anatomic, hematologic, and biochemical features of C57BL/6NCrl mice maintained on chronic oral corticosterone. Comp Med. 2012;62:348-60 pubmed..Together, these findings support chronic corticosterone exposure through the drinking water as a potentially useful, noninvasive method to induce some features of metabolic syndrome. ..
- Aytes A, Mitrofanova A, Kinkade C, Lefebvre C, Lei M, Phelan V, et al. ETV4 promotes metastasis in response to activation of PI3-kinase and Ras signaling in a mouse model of advanced prostate cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E3506-15 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that ETV4 promotes metastasis in prostate tumors that have activation of PI3-kinase and Ras signaling, and therefore, ETV4 represents a potential target of therapeutic intervention for metastatic prostate cancer. ..
- Krajcovic M, Krishna S, Akkari L, Joyce J, Overholtzer M. mTOR regulates phagosome and entotic vacuole fission. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:3736-45 pubmed publisher..These data identify a late stage of phagocytosis and entosis that involves processing of large vacuoles by mTOR-regulated membrane fission. ..
- Katz Z, English B, Lionnet T, Yoon Y, Monnier N, Ovryn B, et al. Mapping translation 'hot-spots' in live cells by tracking single molecules of mRNA and ribosomes. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..This method can identify where ribosomes become engaged for local protein production and how spatial regulation of mRNA-protein interactions mediates cell directionality. ..
- Wenda J, Homolka D, Yang Z, Spinelli P, Sachidanandam R, Pandey R, et al. Distinct Roles of RNA Helicases MVH and TDRD9 in PIWI Slicing-Triggered Mammalian piRNA Biogenesis and Function. Dev Cell. 2017;41:623-637.e9 pubmed publisher..In contrast, ATPase activity of TDRD9 is dispensable for piRNA biogenesis but is essential for transposon silencing and male fertility. Our work implicates distinct RNA helicases in specific steps along the nuclear piRNA pathway. ..
- Song L, Ye M, Troyanovskaya M, Wilk E, Wilk S, Healy D. Rat kidney glutamyl aminopeptidase (aminopeptidase A): molecular identity and cellular localization. Am J Physiol. 1994;267:F546-57 pubmed
- Harrow F, Amuta J, Hutchinson S, Akwaa F, Ortiz B. Factors binding a non-classical Cis-element prevent heterochromatin effects on locus control region activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17842-9 pubmed..These data show these factor-binding sites are required for preventing heterochromatin formation and indicate that they function to maintain an active TCRalpha LCR assembly in vivo. ..
- Watson E, Fargali S, Okamoto H, Sadahiro M, Gordon R, Chakraborty T, et al. Analysis of knockout mice suggests a role for VGF in the control of fat storage and energy expenditure. BMC Physiol. 2009;9:19 pubmed publisher..Lastly, despite being hypermetabolic, VGF knockout mice were cold intolerant. We propose that VGF and/or VGF-derived peptides modulate sympathetic outflow pathways to regulate fat storage and energy expenditure. ..
- Avraham T, Daluvoy S, Zampell J, Yan A, Haviv Y, Rockson S, et al. Blockade of transforming growth factor-beta1 accelerates lymphatic regeneration during wound repair. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:3202-14 pubmed publisher..The use of these strategies may represent a novel means of preventing lymphedema after lymph node resection. ..
- Wei H, Zou H, Sheikh A, Malik M, Dobkin C, Brown W, et al. IL-6 is increased in the cerebellum of autistic brain and alters neural cell adhesion, migration and synaptic formation. J Neuroinflammation. 2011;8:52 pubmed publisher..Thus, increased IL-6 expression may be partially responsible for the pathogenesis of autism. ..
- Arteaga Solis E, Settembre C, Ballabio A, Karsenty G. Sulfatases are determinants of alveolar formation. Matrix Biol. 2012;31:253-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, absence of sulfatase activity increases sulfated GAG deposition in the lungs causing deregulation of TGF? signaling and arrest of alveolarization. ..
- Tsirka S, Gualandris A, Amaral D, Strickland S. Excitotoxin-induced neuronal degeneration and seizure are mediated by tissue plasminogen activator. Nature. 1995;377:340-4 pubmed..These mice are also less susceptible to pharmacologically induced seizures than wild-type mice. These findings identify a role for tPA in neuronal degeneration and seizure. ..
- Chen J, Sadowski H, Kohanski R, Wang L. Stat5 is a physiological substrate of the insulin receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:2295-300 pubmed..Taken together, our data strongly suggest that IR interacts with and phosphorylates Stat5 in vitro and in tissues physiologically sensitive to insulin. ..
- Yan C, Leibowitz N, Melese T. A role for the divergent actin gene, ACT2, in nuclear pore structure and function. EMBO J. 1997;16:3572-86 pubmed..Act2p and Srp1p co-immunoprecipitate, suggesting that the proteins exist in a complex. Together our data argue that Act2p plays an important role in NPC structure and function. ..
- Connelly M, Zhang H, Kieleczawa J, Anderson C. The promoters for human DNA-PKcs (PRKDC) and MCM4: divergently transcribed genes located at chromosome 8 band q11. Genomics. 1998;47:71-83 pubmed
- Thomas C, Li Y, Kodama T, Suzuki H, Silverstein S, El Khoury J. Protection from lethal gram-positive infection by macrophage scavenger receptor-dependent phagocytosis. J Exp Med. 2000;191:147-56 pubmed
- Gutstein D, Morley G, Fishman G. Conditional gene targeting of connexin43: exploring the consequences of gap junction remodeling in the heart. Cell Commun Adhes. 2001;8:345-8 pubmed..These novel genetic murine models of Cx43 loss of function in the adult mouse heart define gap junctional abnormalities as a key molecular feature of the arrhythmogenic substrate and an important factor in heart dysfunction. ..
- Akingbemi B, Ge R, Rosenfeld C, Newton L, Hardy D, Catterall J, et al. Estrogen receptor-alpha gene deficiency enhances androgen biosynthesis in the mouse Leydig cell. Endocrinology. 2003;144:84-93 pubmed..Furthermore, the decrease in T production by WT Leydig cells and not alphaERKO Leydig cells occasioned by incubation with ICI 182,780 suggests that of the ER subtypes, ERalpha has a regulatory role in Leydig cell steroidogenic function. ..
- Salas M, Eckhardt L. Critical role for the Oct-2/OCA-B partnership in Ig-secreting cells. J Immunol. 2003;171:6589-98 pubmed..Our results show that OCA-B and Oct-2 are regulatory partners in this process and that PU.1 plays a subordinate role at this cell stage. ..
- Li T, Chen D, Wu Q, Chen M, Sheu T, Schwarz E, et al. Transforming growth factor-beta stimulates cyclin D1 expression through activation of beta-catenin signaling in chondrocytes. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:21296-304 pubmed..These results demonstrate that TGF-beta stimulates cyclin D(1) expression at least in part through activation of beta-catenin signaling. ..
- Li J, Chen K, Zhu L, Pollard J. Conditional deletion of the colony stimulating factor-1 receptor (c-fms proto-oncogene) in mice. Genesis. 2006;44:328-35 pubmed..This conditional allele will prove extremely valuable to study the spatial and temporal roles of CSF-1R. ..
- Bernardi R, Guernah I, Jin D, Grisendi S, Alimonti A, Teruya Feldstein J, et al. PML inhibits HIF-1alpha translation and neoangiogenesis through repression of mTOR. Nature. 2006;442:779-85 pubmed..Thus, our findings identify PML as a novel suppressor of mTOR and neoangiogenesis. ..
- Minematsu H, Shin M, Celil Aydemir A, Seo S, Kim D, Blaine T, et al. Orthopedic implant particle-induced tumor necrosis factor-alpha production in macrophage-monocyte lineage cells is mediated by nuclear factor of activated T cells. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1117:143-50 pubmed
- Wongsiriroj N, Piantedosi R, Palczewski K, Goldberg I, Johnston T, Li E, et al. The molecular basis of retinoid absorption: a genetic dissection. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:13510-9 pubmed publisher..Contrary to what has been proposed in the literature based on in vitro studies, CRBPII does not directly prevent retinol from being acted upon by DGAT1 or other intestinal ARATs in vivo. ..
- Salomao M, Chen K, Villalobos J, Mohandas N, An X, Chasis J. Hereditary spherocytosis and hereditary elliptocytosis: aberrant protein sorting during erythroblast enucleation. Blood. 2010;116:267-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that aberrant protein sorting is one mechanistic basis for protein deficiencies in HE and HS...
- Shrivastava V, Pekar M, Grosser E, Im J, Vigodner M. SUMO proteins are involved in the stress response during spermatogenesis and are localized to DNA double-strand breaks in germ cells. Reproduction. 2010;139:999-1010 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study identified topoisomerase 2 alpha as one of the targets of sumoylation during normal spermatogenesis and under stress. ..
- Broderick S, Golas B, Pham D, Towe C, Talbot S, Kaufman A, et al. SCCRO promotes glioma formation and malignant progression in mice. Neoplasia. 2010;12:476-84 pubmed
- Ceglia I, Flajolet M, Rebholz H. Predominance of CK2? over CK2?' in the mammalian brain. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;356:169-75 pubmed publisher..The approximate stoichiometry ratio of CK2?:CK2?' is 8:1. Therefore, one can consider that CK2? levels are predominant in comparison to CK2?' levels throughout the mammalian brain. ..
- Huang B, Deora A, He K, Chen K, Sui G, Jacovina A, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 drives annexin A2 system-mediated perivascular fibrin clearance in oxygen-induced retinopathy in mice. Blood. 2011;118:2918-29 pubmed publisher..These data suggest new potential approaches to retinal angiogenic disorders on the basis of modulation of perivascular fibrinolysis. ..
- Whorton M, MacKinnon R. Crystal structure of the mammalian GIRK2 K+ channel and gating regulation by G proteins, PIP2, and sodium. Cell. 2011;147:199-208 pubmed publisher..These data provide a structural basis for understanding multiligand regulation of GIRK channel gating. ..
- Sreetama S, Takano T, Nedergaard M, Simon S, Jaiswal J. Injured astrocytes are repaired by Synaptotagmin XI-regulated lysosome exocytosis. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:596-607 pubmed publisher..These results identify the lysosomes and Syt XI as the sub-cellular and molecular regulators, respectively of astrocyte cell membrane repair. ..
- Huang E, Nocka K, Buck J, Besmer P. Differential expression and processing of two cell associated forms of the kit-ligand: KL-1 and KL-2. Mol Biol Cell. 1992;3:349-62 pubmed..The respective roles of the soluble and cell associated forms of KL in the proliferative and migratory functions of c-kit are discussed. ..
- Jiang H, Foltenyi K, Kashiwada M, Donahue L, Vuong B, Hehn B, et al. Fes mediates the IL-4 activation of insulin receptor substrate-2 and cellular proliferation. J Immunol. 2001;166:2627-34 pubmed..These data demonstrate that signaling pathways activated by IL-4 require different tyrosine kinases. This differential requirement predicts that specific kinase inhibitors may permit the disruption of specific IL-4-induced functions. ..
- Moroz E, Carlin S, Dyomina K, Burke S, Thaler H, Blasberg R, et al. Real-time imaging of HIF-1alpha stabilization and degradation. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5077 pubmed publisher..Overall, the continuous bioluminescence readout of HIF-1alpha/FLuc stabilization in vitro and in vivo will facilitate the development and validation of therapeutics that affect the stability and accumulation of HIF-1alpha. ..
- Maffei M, Halaas J, Ravussin E, Pratley R, Lee G, Zhang Y, et al. Leptin levels in human and rodent: measurement of plasma leptin and ob RNA in obese and weight-reduced subjects. Nat Med. 1995;1:1155-61 pubmed..Weight loss due to food restriction was associated with a decrease in plasma leptin in samples from mice and obese humans. ..
- Roelink H, Porter J, Chiang C, Tanabe Y, Chang D, Beachy P, et al. Floor plate and motor neuron induction by different concentrations of the amino-terminal cleavage product of sonic hedgehog autoproteolysis. Cell. 1995;81:445-55 pubmed
- Bacchi C, Brun R, Croft S, Alicea K, Bühler Y. In vivo trypanocidal activities of new S-adenosylmethionine decarboxylase inhibitors. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1996;40:1448-53 pubmed
- Olivares Villagómez D, Wang Y, Lafaille J. Regulatory CD4(+) T cells expressing endogenous T cell receptor chains protect myelin basic protein-specific transgenic mice from spontaneous autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Exp Med. 1998;188:1883-94 pubmed..Our study identifies CD4(+) T cells bearing endogenous alpha and beta TCR chains as the lymphocytes that prevent spontaneous EAE in T/R+ mice. ..
- Leventhal A, Chen W, Tall A, Tabas I. Acid sphingomyelinase-deficient macrophages have defective cholesterol trafficking and efflux. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:44976-83 pubmed..This model may explain the low plasma high density lipoprotein found in ASM-deficient humans and may implicate L-SMase deficiency and/or sphingomyelin enrichment of lipoproteins as novel atherosclerosis risk factors. ..
- Schmitt C, Fridman J, Yang M, Lee S, Baranov E, Hoffman R, et al. A senescence program controlled by p53 and p16INK4a contributes to the outcome of cancer therapy. Cell. 2002;109:335-46 pubmed..Therefore, cellular senescence contributes to treatment outcome in vivo. ..
- Siegel P, Shu W, Cardiff R, Muller W, Massague J. Transforming growth factor beta signaling impairs Neu-induced mammary tumorigenesis while promoting pulmonary metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:8430-5 pubmed
- Langer J, Henckaerts E, Orenstein J, Snoeck H. Quantitative trait analysis reveals transforming growth factor-beta2 as a positive regulator of early hematopoietic progenitor and stem cell function. J Exp Med. 2004;199:5-14 pubmed..These data suggest that TGF-beta2 can act cell autonomously and is important for HSCs that have undergone replicative stress. Thus, TGF-beta2 is a novel, genetically determined positive regulator of adult HSCs. ..
- Yannoutsos N, Barreto V, Misulovin Z, Gazumyan A, Yu W, Rajewsky N, et al. A cis element in the recombination activating gene locus regulates gene expression by counteracting a distant silencer. Nat Immunol. 2004;5:443-50 pubmed..We speculate that the Rag antisilencing element belongs to a class of cis elements that might be useful for genome diversification by activating genes encoded by otherwise silent transposable elements. ..
- Akassoglou K, Malester B, Xu J, Tessarollo L, Rosenbluth J, Chao M. Brain-specific deletion of neuropathy target esterase/swisscheese results in neurodegeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:5075-80 pubmed..Thus, these results identify a physiological role for NTE in the nervous system and indicate that a loss-of-function mechanism may contribute to neurodegenerative diseases characterized by vacuolation and neuronal loss. ..
- Patnaik S, Stanley P. Mouse large can modify complex N- and mucin O-glycans on alpha-dystroglycan to induce laminin binding. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:20851-9 pubmed..In addition, the data suggest that human LARGE may restore functional alpha-DG to muscle cells from patients with defective synthesis of O-mannose glycans via the modification of N-glycans and/or mucin O-glycans on alpha-DG. ..
- Teng H, Teng K, Lee R, Wright S, Tevar S, Almeida R, et al. ProBDNF induces neuronal apoptosis via activation of a receptor complex of p75NTR and sortilin. J Neurosci. 2005;25:5455-63 pubmed..Together with our past findings, these data suggest that the neurotrophin family is capable of modulating diverse biological processes via differential processing of the proneurotrophins. ..
- Fredj S, Sampson K, Liu H, Kass R. Molecular basis of ranolazine block of LQT-3 mutant sodium channels: evidence for site of action. Br J Pharmacol. 2006;148:16-24 pubmed
- Gelb B, Tartaglia M. Noonan syndrome and related disorders: dysregulated RAS-mitogen activated protein kinase signal transduction. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15 Spec No 2:R220-6 pubmed..As these genes also encode proteins relevant for RAS-MAPK signal transduction, all of the syndromes discussed in this article now can be understood to constitute a class of disorders caused by dysregulated RAS-MAPK signaling...
- Liu J, Guan X, Ma X. Regulation of IL-27 p28 gene expression in macrophages through MyD88- and interferon-gamma-mediated pathways. J Exp Med. 2007;204:141-52 pubmed
- Huang Y, Chen A, Li X, Chen Z, Zhang W, Song Y, et al. Enhancement of HIV DNA vaccine immunogenicity by the NKT cell ligand, alpha-galactosylceramide. Vaccine. 2008;26:1807-16 pubmed publisher..Since both mice and humans share the CD1d molecule, this information may aid in designing more effective DNA vaccines and vaccine adjuvants against HIV-1. ..
- Moreira C, Templeton T, Lavazec C, Hayward R, Hobbs C, Kroeze H, et al. The Plasmodium TRAP/MIC2 family member, TRAP-Like Protein (TLP), is involved in tissue traversal by sporozoites. Cell Microbiol. 2008;10:1505-16 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a role of TLP in cell traversal by sporozoites. ..
- Morales J, Alpaugh M. Gain in cellular organization of inflammatory breast cancer: A 3D in vitro model that mimics the in vivo metastasis. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:462 pubmed publisher..The comparative architectural features of both the spheroid and embolus of MARY-X provide an in vitro model with tractable in vivo applications. ..
- Chavez A, Chiu C, Castillo P. TRPV1 activation by endogenous anandamide triggers postsynaptic long-term depression in dentate gyrus. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:1511-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings reveal a previously unknown form of endocannabinoid- and TRPV1-mediated regulation of synaptic strength at central synapses. ..
- Banks A, Kim Muller J, Mastracci T, Kofler N, Qiang L, Haeusler R, et al. Dissociation of the glucose and lipid regulatory functions of FoxO1 by targeted knockin of acetylation-defective alleles in mice. Cell Metab. 2011;14:587-97 pubmed publisher..Thus, acetylation inactivates FoxO1 during nutrient excess whereas deacetylation selectively potentiates FoxO1 activity, protecting against excessive catabolism during nutrient deprivation. ..
- Kurita M, Moreno J, Holloway T, Kozlenkov A, Mocci G, García Bea A, et al. Repressive epigenetic changes at the mGlu2 promoter in frontal cortex of 5-HT2A knockout mice. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;83:1166-75 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations suggest that 5-HT(2A) receptor-dependent signaling epigenetically affects mGlu2 transcription in mouse frontal cortex. ..
- Shen L, Shao N, Liu X, Maze I, Feng J, Nestler E. diffReps: detecting differential chromatin modification sites from ChIP-seq data with biological replicates. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65598 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that diffReps is a highly sensitive program in detecting differential sites from ChIP-seq data. ..
- ..In this Opinion article, we discuss links between the bacterial microbiota and cancer, with a particular focus on immune responses, dysbiosis, genotoxicity, metabolism and strategies to target the microbiome for cancer prevention. ..
- Katyal S, Lee Y, Nitiss K, Downing S, Li Y, Shimada M, et al. Aberrant topoisomerase-1 DNA lesions are pathogenic in neurodegenerative genome instability syndromes. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:813-21 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a critical endogenous pathogenic lesion associated with neurodegenerative syndromes arising from DNA repair deficiency, indicating that genome integrity is important for preventing disease in the nervous system. ..
- Mombaerts P, Wang F, Dulac C, Chao S, Nemes A, Mendelsohn M, et al. Visualizing an olfactory sensory map. Cell. 1996;87:675-86 pubmed..This genetic approach may be more broadly applied to visualize the development and plasticity of projections in the mammalian nervous system. ..
- Lee J, Platt K, Censullo P, Ruiz i Altaba A. Gli1 is a target of Sonic hedgehog that induces ventral neural tube development. Development. 1997;124:2537-52 pubmed..Thus, our results identify Gli1 as a midline target of Shh and suggest that it mediates the induction of floor plate cells and ventral neurons by Shh acting as a transcriptional regulator. ..
- Gouon Evans V, Rothenberg M, Pollard J. Postnatal mammary gland development requires macrophages and eosinophils. Development. 2000;127:2269-82 pubmed..Our data show that CSF1-regulated macrophages, in collaboration with eotaxin-regulated eosinophils, have essential and complementary functions in regulating the branching morphogenesis of the mammary gland. ..
- Weiner H, Huang H, Zagzag D, Boyce H, Lichtenbaum R, Ziff E. Consistent and selective expression of the discoidin domain receptor-1 tyrosine kinase in human brain tumors. Neurosurgery. 2000;47:1400-9 pubmed..The expression of DDR1 by tumor cells of CNS neoplasms and by primitive cells of the embryonic ventricular zone suggests that DDR1 is a potentially useful marker of tumor cells within the CNS. ..
- Li X, Srivastava K, Huleatt J, Bottomly K, Burks A, Sampson H. Engineered recombinant peanut protein and heat-killed Listeria monocytogenes coadministration protects against peanut-induced anaphylaxis in a murine model. J Immunol. 2003;170:3289-95 pubmed..These results show that immunotherapy with modified PN proteins and HKLM is effective for treating PN allergy in this model, and may be a potential approach for treating PNA. ..
- Xu W, Zhu J, Angulo J. Induction of striatal pre- and postsynaptic damage by methamphetamine requires the dopamine receptors. Synapse. 2005;58:110-21 pubmed..Moreover, since blockade of either receptor subtype protected from METH, the activity of both DA receptor subtypes is required for the induction of toxicity by METH in the striatum. ..
- Chen H, Huang X, Yan W, Chen K, Guo L, Tummalapali L, et al. Role of the integrin-linked kinase/PINCH1/alpha-parvin complex in cardiac myocyte hypertrophy. Lab Invest. 2005;85:1342-56 pubmed..These results suggest that the IPAP1 complex plays an important role in mediating integrin-signaling pathways that regulate cardiac myocyte hypertrophy and resistance to apoptosis. ..
- Jerome Majewska L, Jenkins G, Ernstoff E, Zindy F, Sherr C, Papaioannou V. Tbx3, the ulnar-mammary syndrome gene, and Tbx2 interact in mammary gland development through a p19Arf/p53-independent pathway. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:922-33 pubmed
- Gonzalez Maeso J, Weisstaub N, Zhou M, Chan P, Ivic L, Ang R, et al. Hallucinogens recruit specific cortical 5-HT(2A) receptor-mediated signaling pathways to affect behavior. Neuron. 2007;53:439-52 pubmed..These studies identify the long-elusive neural and signaling mechanisms responsible for the unique effects of hallucinogens...
- Mhatre A, Li Y, Bhatia N, Wang K, Atkin G, Lalwani A. Generation and characterization of mice with Myh9 deficiency. Neuromolecular Med. 2007;9:205-15 pubmed..The results of these studies do not support the Myh9 haploinsufficiency as a pathogenic factor in the etiology of auditory dysfunction. ..
- Lu Y, Gong P, Cederbaum A. Pyrazole induced oxidative liver injury independent of CYP2E1/2A5 induction due to Nrf2 deficiency. Toxicology. 2008;252:9-16 pubmed publisher..In summary, even though ROS-producing CYP2E1/2A5 were not elevated by pyrazole, impaired antioxidant capacity resulting from Nrf2 deficiency appear to be sufficient to promote pyrazole-induced oxidative liver injury. ..