Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Publications2076 found, 100 shown here
- Swisher McClure S, Yin L, Rosen M, Batra S, Berman A, Both S, et al. Prospective MRI-based imaging study to assess feasibility of proton therapy for post-prostatectomy radiation. Acta Oncol. 2016;55:828-33 pubmed publisher..Patient alignment using bony anatomy as well as the ERB minimizes displacement of the CTV, and reduces variation in target dose coverage particularly for PBS proton therapy. ..
- Ban Y, Mai J, Li X, Mitchell Flack M, Zhang T, Zhang L, et al. Targeting Autocrine CCL5-CCR5 Axis Reprograms Immunosuppressive Myeloid Cells and Reinvigorates Antitumor Immunity. Cancer Res. 2017;77:2857-2868 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that the myeloid CCL5-CCR5 axis is an excellent target for cancer immunotherapy. Cancer Res; 77(11); 2857-68. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Greenberg H, Dwyer E, Hochman J, Steinberg J, Echt D, Peters R. Interaction of ischaemia and encainide/flecainide treatment: a proposed mechanism for the increased mortality in CAST I. Br Heart J. 1995;74:631-5 pubmed..To determine whether an interaction between encainide or flecainide and intercurrent ischaemia could account for the observed increase in cardiac and sudden deaths in the study group in the Cardiac Arrhythmia Suppression Trial (CAST) I...
- Reyes J, Gustafson E, Luo H, Moore M, Konarska M. The C-terminal region of hPrp8 interacts with the conserved GU dinucleotide at the 5' splice site. RNA. 1999;5:167-79 pubmed..In the context of other known interactions of Prp8, these results suggest that this protein may participate in formation of the catalytic center of the spliceosome. ..
- Logroscino G, Hesdorffer D, Cascino G, Annegers J, Hauser W. Time trends in incidence, mortality, and case-fatality after first episode of status epilepticus. Epilepsia. 2001;42:1031-5 pubmed..Changes in the age and cause distribution of SE over time are responsible for the stable survivorship. There is improvement in survivorship in the last decade when myoclonic SE is excluded. ..
- Evers M, Cunningham Rundles C, Hollander E. Heat shock protein 90 antibodies in autism. Mol Psychiatry. 2002;7 Suppl 2:S26-8 pubmed
- Lin J, Lane J. Sacral stress fractures. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2003;12:879-88 pubmed
- Song L, Bhattacharya S, Yunus A, Lima C, Schindler C. Stat1 and SUMO modification. Blood. 2006;108:3237-44 pubmed..These observations suggest that although Stat1 can uniquely be SUMO-ylated in vitro, this modification is unlikely to play an important role in regulating Stat1 activity in vivo. ..
- Barbieri S, Weksler B. Tobacco smoke cooperates with interleukin-1beta to alter beta-catenin trafficking in vascular endothelium resulting in increased permeability and induction of cyclooxygenase-2 expression in vitro and in vivo. FASEB J. 2007;21:1831-43 pubmed..Our results suggest a novel mechanism by which cigarette smoking can induce proinflammatory and proatherosclerotic effects in vascular tissue. ..
- Reich W, Rubin R. Prototypical images in condom scripts among AIDS-bereaved adolescents. AIDS Educ Prev. 2007;19:82-94 pubmed..These results inform the development of theoretical models and HIV prevention program materials. ..
- Tabatabai N, Spinelli H. Limited incision nonendoscopic brow lift. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007;119:1563-70 pubmed
- Azare J, Leslie K, Al Ahmadie H, Gerald W, Weinreb P, Violette S, et al. Constitutively activated Stat3 induces tumorigenesis and enhances cell motility of prostate epithelial cells through integrin beta 6. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4444-53 pubmed..These results demonstrate the sufficiency of constitutively activated Stat3 in mediating prostate tumorigenesis and identify novel Stat3 targets that are involved in promoting cell migration and transformation. ..
- Hambleton S, Steinberg S, Gershon M, Gershon A. Cholesterol dependence of varicella-zoster virion entry into target cells. J Virol. 2007;81:7548-58 pubmed..Lipid rafts are likely to contribute directly to viral envelope integrity and, in the host membrane, may influence endocytosis, evoke downstream signaling, and/or facilitate membrane fusion. ..
- Lee R, Li P, Schlegel P, Goldstein M. Reassessing reconstruction in the management of obstructive azoospermia: reconstruction or sperm acquisition?. Urol Clin North Am. 2008;35:289-301, x pubmed publisher..When considering sperm retrieval, the impact of in vitro fertilization-related indirect costs, specifically that driven by multiple gestation pregnancies, is significant. ..
- Soslow R, Ali A, Oliva E. Mullerian adenosarcomas: an immunophenotypic analysis of 35 cases. Am J Surg Pathol. 2008;32:1013-21 pubmed publisher..ER, PR, and CD10 expression was lost in MA-SOs relative to conventional low-grade stromal areas of mullerian/mesodermal adenosarcomas, reflecting the "dedifferentiation" of this component...
- Sokol J, Baron E, Lantos G, Kazim M. Orbital compression syndrome in sickle cell disease. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008;24:181-4 pubmed publisher..To present 3 cases of orbital compression syndrome caused by infarction of the greater wing of the sphenoid in patients with sickle cell disease...
- Remien R, Higgins J, Correale J, BAUERMEISTER J, Dubrow R, Bradley M, et al. Lack of understanding of acute HIV infection among newly-infected persons-implications for prevention and public health: The NIMH Multisite Acute HIV Infection Study: II. AIDS Behav. 2009;13:1046-53 pubmed publisher..There is a need to promote targeted education about AHI to reduce the rapid spread of HIV associated with acute/early infection within communities at risk for HIV. ..
- Bhattacharya S, Dai Z, Li J, Baxter S, Callaway D, Cowburn D, et al. A conformational switch in the scaffolding protein NHERF1 controls autoinhibition and complex formation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9981-94 pubmed publisher..Loss of NHERF1 expressed in cells could result in failure to assemble membrane complexes that are important for normal physiological functions. ..
- Voigt P, Tee W, Reinberg D. A double take on bivalent promoters. Genes Dev. 2013;27:1318-38 pubmed publisher..Here, we explore avenues to and from bivalency and propose that bivalent domains and associated chromatin-modifying complexes safeguard proper and robust differentiation. ..
- Cohn L, Nussenzweig M. HIV: Persistence through division. J Exp Med. 2017;214:875-876 pubmed publisher..In this issue of JEM, Hosmane et al. show that T cell proliferation could explain the long-term persistence of this reservoir. ..
- Parikh N, Navi B, Schneider Y, Jesudian A, Kamel H. Association Between Cirrhosis and Stroke in a Nationally Representative Cohort. JAMA Neurol. 2017;74:927-932 pubmed publisher..Cirrhosis is associated with hemorrhagic and thrombotic extrahepatic complications. The risk of cerebrovascular complications is less well understood...
- Luo Y, Roeder R. Cloning, functional characterization, and mechanism of action of the B-cell-specific transcriptional coactivator OCA-B. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:4115-24 pubmed..Further studies show that Ig promoter activation by Oct-1 and OCA-B requires still other general (USA-derived) cofactors and also provide indirect evidence that distinct Oct-interacting cofactors regulate H2B transcription. ..
- Zara J, Hagen F, Ten Hagen K, Van Wuyckhuyse B, Tabak L. Cloning and expression of mouse UDP-GalNAc:polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase-T3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;228:38-44 pubmed..This suggests that more than one isoform of ppGaNTase may be required to complete the O-glycosylation of endogenous substrates. ..
- Dauer W, Kholodilov N, Vila M, Trillat A, Goodchild R, Larsen K, et al. Resistance of alpha -synuclein null mice to the parkinsonian neurotoxin MPTP. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:14524-9 pubmed
- Sehayek E. Genetic regulation of cholesterol absorption and plasma plant sterol levels: commonalities and differences. J Lipid Res. 2003;44:2030-8 pubmed
- Li M, Brooks C, Wu Baer F, Chen D, Baer R, Gu W. Mono- versus polyubiquitination: differential control of p53 fate by Mdm2. Science. 2003;302:1972-5 pubmed..These results clarify the nature of ubiquitination-mediated p53 regulation and suggest that distinct mechanisms regulate p53 function in accordance with the levels of Mdm2 activity. ..
- Polsky B, Kotler D, Steinhart C. Treatment guidelines for HIV-associated wasting. HIV Clin Trials. 2004;5:50-61 pubmed
- Chen Y, DeSautel M, Anderson A, Badlani G, Kushner L. Collagen synthesis is not altered in women with stress urinary incontinence. Neurourol Urodyn. 2004;23:367-73 pubmed
- Morrow J, Zakharov S, Liu G, Yang L, Sok A, Marx S. Defining the BK channel domains required for beta1-subunit modulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:5096-101 pubmed..Although the functional interaction of alpha and beta1 requires the N-terminal tail of alpha, the physical association requires the S1, S2, and S3 transmembrane helices of alpha. ..
- Nimmerjahn F, Ravetch J. The antiinflammatory activity of IgG: the intravenous IgG paradox. J Exp Med. 2007;204:11-5 pubmed..Here we propose that these Fc-sialylated IgGs engage a unique receptor on macrophages that, in turn, leads to the upregulation of an inhibitory Fcgamma receptor (FcgammaR), thereby protecting against autoantibody-mediated pathology. ..
- Garzon M, Huang J, Enjolras O, Frieden I. Vascular malformations. Part II: associated syndromes. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2007;56:541-64 pubmed..Several of these syndromes are well defined and can often be distinguished on the basis of the flow characteristics of the associated vascular malformation...
- Goh C, Lane A, Bruckner A. Support groups for children and their families in pediatric dermatology. Pediatr Dermatol. 2007;24:302-5 pubmed..Creating this family support group was a relatively straightforward and rewarding experience for us, and we hope that other pediatric dermatologists can utilize this model for their patients. ..
- Browne E, Littman D. Species-specific restriction of apobec3-mediated hypermutation. J Virol. 2008;82:1305-13 pubmed..These results suggest that MLV has evolved specific mechanisms to block the ability of Apobec proteins to mediate deaminase-dependent hypermutation...
- Lima L, Zweifel S, Engelbert M, Sorenson J, Slakter J, Cooney M, et al. Evaluation of safety for bilateral same-day intravitreal injections of antivascular endothelial growth factor therapy. Retina. 2009;29:1213-7 pubmed publisher..Severe acute intraocular inflammation can occur unilaterally after same-day bilateral injections of bevacizumab. ..
- Chalasani S, Kato S, Albrecht D, Nakagawa T, Abbott L, Bargmann C. Neuropeptide feedback modifies odor-evoked dynamics in Caenorhabditis elegans olfactory neurons. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:615-21 pubmed publisher..Our results point to neuronal dynamics as a site of behavioral regulation and reveal the ability of neuropeptide feedback to remodel sensory networks on multiple timescales. ..
- Schwartz M, Faiena I, Cinman N, Kucharczyk J, Meriggi J, Waingankar N, et al. Laparoscopic bowel injury in retroperitoneal surgery: current incidence and outcomes. J Urol. 2010;184:589-94 pubmed publisher..4%) to the more recent (36.9%) laparoscopic era. The incidence of laparoscopic bowel injury has increased in the last 17 years. However, morbidity and mortality have decreased due to immediate recognition and repair. ..
- Lumey L, Terry M, Delgado Cruzata L, Liao Y, Wang Q, Susser E, et al. Adult global DNA methylation in relation to pre-natal nutrition. Int J Epidemiol. 2012;41:116-23 pubmed publisher..Further work should focus on selected regions in the genome that may be differentially methylated in response to changes in early life exposures and predict adult health outcomes. ..
- Akalin A, Garrett Bakelman F, Kormaksson M, Busuttil J, Zhang L, Khrebtukova I, et al. Base-pair resolution DNA methylation sequencing reveals profoundly divergent epigenetic landscapes in acute myeloid leukemia. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002781 pubmed publisher..Therefore, aberrant DNA methylation patterns in AML do not occur in a stereotypical manner but rather are highly specific and associated with specific driving genetic lesions. ..
- Pires M, Hopkins B, Saal L, PARSONS R. Alterations of EGFR, p53 and PTEN that mimic changes found in basal-like breast cancer promote transformation of human mammary epithelial cells. Cancer Biol Ther. 2013;14:246-53 pubmed publisher..Consideration should be given to targeting EGFR and restoring p53 and PTEN signaling simultaneously as a strategy for treatment of this subtype of breast cancer. ..
- Au J, Kingham T, Jun K, Haddad D, Gholami S, Mojica K, et al. Irreversible electroporation ablation of the liver can be detected with ultrasound B-mode and elastography. Surgery. 2013;153:787-93 pubmed publisher..IRE ablation led to increased tissue stiffness that was detectable by elastography and indicative of cell death. Elastography may complement B-mode ultrasonography to monitor IRE ablation of the liver. ..
- Xu K, Xu Y, Rajashankar K, Robev D, Nikolov D. Crystal structures of Lgr4 and its complex with R-spondin1. Structure. 2013;21:1683-9 pubmed publisher..The molecular details of ligand/receptor recognition provide insight into receptor activation and could serve as template for stem-cell-based regenerative therapeutics development...
- Dominianni C, Huang W, Berndt S, Hayes R, Ahn J. Prospective study of the relationship between coffee and tea with colorectal cancer risk: the PLCO Cancer Screening Trial. Br J Cancer. 2013;109:1352-9 pubmed publisher..60). These associations were not modified by several colorectal cancer risk factors. The findings of this study do not provide evidence to suggest that drinking coffee or tea is beneficial in protecting against colorectal cancer. ..
- Gulliver S, Pennington M, Leto F, Cammarata C, Ostiguy W, Zavodny C, et al. In the wake of suicide: Developing guidelines for suicide postvention in fire service. Death Stud. 2016;40:121-8 pubmed publisher..Postventions assist survivors in grief and bereavement and attempt to prevent additional negative outcomes. The implementation of suicide postvention guidelines will increase behavioral wellness within Fire Service. ..
- Grewal R, Ho A, SchÃ¶der H. Novel Approaches to Thyroid Cancer Treatment and Response Assessment. Semin Nucl Med. 2016;46:109-18 pubmed publisher..The role of newer redifferentiation drugs has been evaluated with the use of I-124 PET/CT. ..
- Middelhoff M, Westphalen C, Hayakawa Y, Yan K, Gershon M, Wang T, et al. Dclk1-expressing tuft cells: critical modulators of the intestinal niche?. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2017;313:G285-G299 pubmed publisher..Hence, we outline and discuss emerging evidence that strongly supports tuft cells as key regulatory cells in the complex network of the intestinal microenvironment. ..
- Georgescu M, Kirsch K, Akagi T, Shishido T, Hanafusa H. The tumor-suppressor activity of PTEN is regulated by its carboxyl-terminal region. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:10182-7 pubmed..We also propose that the molecular conformational changes induced by these mutations constitute the mechanism for PTEN inactivation. ..
- Vidal R, Revesz T, Rostagno A, Kim E, Holton J, Bek T, et al. A decamer duplication in the 3' region of the BRI gene originates an amyloid peptide that is associated with dementia in a Danish kindred. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:4920-5 pubmed..This de novo-created amyloidogenic peptide, associated with a genetic defect in the Danish kindred, stresses the importance of amyloid formation as a causative factor in neurodegeneration and dementia. ..
- Suchy F, Ananthanarayanan M. Bile salt excretory pump: biology and pathobiology. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2006;43 Suppl 1:S10-6 pubmed..This defect leads to enhanced ileal bile salt uptake and impaired canalicular bile salt secretion by BSEP. In PFIC1, an increased load of bile acids is retained in the liver leading to cholestasis and progressive liver injury. ..
- Sotiriadis J, Brandt L, Behin D, Southern W. Ischemic colitis has a worse prognosis when isolated to the right side of the colon. Am J Gastroenterol. 2007;102:2247-52 pubmed..0%) involved only the right side. Patients with IRCI had a worse outcome than those with colon ischemia involving other colon regions, including a fivefold need for surgery and a twofold mortality. ..
- Marks J, Gong Y, Chitale D, Golas B, McLellan M, Kasai Y, et al. Novel MEK1 mutation identified by mutational analysis of epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway genes in lung adenocarcinoma. Cancer Res. 2008;68:5524-8 pubmed publisher..MEK1 mutants have not previously been reported in lung cancer and may provide a target for effective therapy in a small subset of patients with lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Attolini C, Cheng Y, Beroukhim R, Getz G, Abdel Wahab O, Levine R, et al. A mathematical framework to determine the temporal sequence of somatic genetic events in cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17604-9 pubmed publisher..RESIC represents the first evolutionary mathematical approach to identify the temporal sequence of mutations driving tumorigenesis and may be useful to guide the validation of candidate genes emerging from cancer genome surveys. ..
- Liu D, Zong C, Wang L. Distinctive effects of the carboxyl-terminal sequence of the insulin-like growth factor I receptor on its signaling functions. J Virol. 1993;67:6835-40 pubmed..The carboxyl 88 aa are not essential for the association. ..
- Reutens A, Fu M, Wang C, Albanese C, McPhaul M, Sun Z, et al. Cyclin D1 binds the androgen receptor and regulates hormone-dependent signaling in a p300/CBP-associated factor (P/CAF)-dependent manner. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:797-811 pubmed..These studies suggest cyclin D1 binding to the AR may repress ligand-dependent AR activity by directly competing for P/CAF binding. ..
- Li C, Margolin A, Salas M, Memeo L, Mansukhani M, Hibshoosh H, et al. PEG10 is a c-MYC target gene in cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2006;66:665-72 pubmed..These findings link cancer genetics and epigenetics by showing that a classic proto-oncogene, MYC, acts directly upstream of a proliferation-positive imprinted gene, PEG10. ..
- Chambers S, Fasano C, Papapetrou E, Tomishima M, Sadelain M, Studer L. Highly efficient neural conversion of human ES and iPS cells by dual inhibition of SMAD signaling. Nat Biotechnol. 2009;27:275-80 pubmed publisher..Noggin/SB431542-based neural induction should facilitate the use of hES and hiPS cells in regenerative medicine and disease modeling and obviate the need for protocols based on stromal feeders or embryoid bodies. ..
- Gleicher N, Weghofer A, Lee I, Barad D. Association of FMR1 genotypes with in vitro fertilization (IVF) outcomes based on ethnicity/race. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18781 pubmed publisher..5-times the odds of being associated with autoimmune positivity (OR 2.5, 1.34-4.55; P?=?0.004). FMR1 genotypes offer a possible explanation for differences in IVF outcomes between races/ethnicities. ..
- Kersh R, Stroup D, Taylor W. Childhood obesity: a framework for policy approaches and ethical considerations. Prev Chronic Dis. 2011;8:A93 pubmed..We present these frameworks in the context of other papers in this collection and make recommendations for public health practice. ..
- Shen W, Scherzer R, Gantz M, Chen J, Punyanitya M, Lewis C, et al. Relationship between MRI-measured bone marrow adipose tissue and hip and spine bone mineral density in African-American and Caucasian participants: the CARDIA study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:1337-46 pubmed publisher..It is unknown whether visceral adipose tissue (VAT), sc adipose tissue (SAT), and skeletal muscle had an effect on the relationship between BMAT and BMD...
- Berk J, Suhr O, Obici L, Sekijima Y, Zeldenrust S, Yamashita T, et al. Repurposing diflunisal for familial amyloid polyneuropathy: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2013;310:2658-67 pubmed publisher..Although longer-term follow-up studies are needed, these findings suggest benefit of this treatment for familial amyloid polyneuropathy. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00294671. ..
- Thenin Houssier S, de Vera I, Pedro Rosa L, Brady A, Richard A, Konnick B, et al. Ebselen, a Small-Molecule Capsid Inhibitor of HIV-1 Replication. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:2195-208 pubmed publisher..This study reports the use of TR-FRET screening to successfully identify a novel capsid inhibitor, ebselen, validating HIV-1 capsid as a promising target for drug development. ..
- White A, Bradshaw P, Herring A, Teitelbaum S, Beyea J, Stellman S, et al. Exposure to multiple sources of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and breast cancer incidence. Environ Int. 2016;89-90:185-92 pubmed publisher..45, 95%CrI=1.02, 2.04). Groups of PAH sources, particularly indoor sources, were associated with a 30-50% increase in breast cancer incidence. PAH exposure is ubiquitous and a potentially modifiable breast cancer risk factor. ..
- Wang G, Witkin J, Hao G, Bankaitis V, Scherer P, Baldini G. Syndet is a novel SNAP-25 related protein expressed in many tissues. J Cell Sci. 1997;110 ( Pt 4):505-13 pubmed..The identification of syndet supports the hypothesis that multiple SNAP-25 related proteins ensure specificity of vesicle fusion at the cell surface. ..
- Li J, Yen C, Liaw D, Podsypanina K, Bose S, Wang S, et al. PTEN, a putative protein tyrosine phosphatase gene mutated in human brain, breast, and prostate cancer. Science. 1997;275:1943-7 pubmed..These homologies suggest that PTEN may suppress tumor cell growth by antagonizing protein tyrosine kinases and may regulate tumor cell invasion and metastasis through interactions at focal adhesions. ..
- Kacker A, April M, Ward R. Use of potassium titanyl phosphate (KTP) laser in management of subglottic hemangiomas. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2001;59:15-21 pubmed..KTP laser is a good tool for management of subglottic hemangioma with a low incidence of complications. ..
- Martin Serrano J, Eastman S, Chung W, Bieniasz P. HECT ubiquitin ligases link viral and cellular PPXY motifs to the vacuolar protein-sorting pathway. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:89-101 pubmed..These data indicate that specific HECT ubiquitin ligases can link PPXY motifs to the VPS pathway to induce viral budding. ..
- Burgman P, O Donoghue J, Lewis J, Welch M, Humm J, Ling C. Cell line-dependent differences in uptake and retention of the hypoxia-selective nuclear imaging agent Cu-ATSM. Nucl Med Biol. 2005;32:623-30 pubmed..Given the complexities in the oxygen dependence and cell line-dependent kinetics of uptake and retention of Cu following exposure to Cu-ATSM, the clinical utility of this compound may be disease site specific. ..
- Pandi Perumal S, Smits M, Spence W, Srinivasan V, Cardinali D, Lowe A, et al. Dim light melatonin onset (DLMO): a tool for the analysis of circadian phase in human sleep and chronobiological disorders. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2007;31:1-11 pubmed..DLMO marker is also useful for identifying optimal application times for therapies such as bright light or exogenous melatonin treatment. ..
- Natarajan A, Ghose R, Hill J. Structure and dynamics of ASC2, a pyrin domain-only protein that regulates inflammatory signaling. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:31863-75 pubmed..Further, a transition from complete disorder to order of the alpha2-alpha3 loop upon binding, as suggested for NALP1, is unlikely to be a common attribute of pyrin domain interactions. ..
- Ginzburg Y, Andorfer J, Rybicki A, Fabry M, Nagel R. Murine glutathione S-transferase A1-1 in sickle transgenic mice. Am J Hematol. 2007;82:911-5 pubmed
- Alper K, Lotsof H, Kaplan C. The ibogaine medical subculture. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008;115:9-24 pubmed
- Scher J, Pillinger M. The anti-inflammatory effects of prostaglandins. J Investig Med. 2009;57:703-8 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the current understanding of PGs as dichotomous molecules in the inflammatory process. ..
- Landrigan P, Rauh V, Galvez M. Environmental justice and the health of children. Mt Sinai J Med. 2010;77:178-87 pubmed publisher..Documentation of linkages between health disparities and environmental injustice is an important step toward achieving environmental justice. ..
- Mruk D, Cheng C. Tight junctions in the testis: new perspectives. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2010;365:1621-35 pubmed publisher..We also discuss how this information may apply to future studies investigating the movement of preleptotene spermatocytes across the BTB. ..
- Ooms M, Majdak S, Seibert C, Harari A, Simon V. The localization of APOBEC3H variants in HIV-1 virions determines their antiviral activity. J Virol. 2010;84:7961-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the antiviral activity of A3H haplotypes is determined by its incorporation into the viral core, in proximity to the reverse transcription complex. ..
- Branski R, Zhou H, Sandulache V, Chen J, Felsen D, Kraus D. Cyclooxygenase-2 signaling in vocal fold fibroblasts. Laryngoscope. 2010;120:1826-31 pubmed publisher..We purport this fundamental investigation will lead to increased insight regarding injury and repair in the vocal folds, with the ultimate goal of developing novel clinical care paradigms. ..
- Gilkerson R, de Vries R, Lebot P, Wikstrom J, Torgyekes E, Shirihai O, et al. Mitochondrial autophagy in cells with mtDNA mutations results from synergistic loss of transmembrane potential and mTORC1 inhibition. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:978-90 pubmed publisher..It appears that mitophagy can be accomplished by the endogenous autophagic machinery, but requires the full engagement of both of these pathways. ..
- Evans M, Holland J, Rice S, Doran M, Cheal S, Campos C, et al. Imaging tumor burden in the brain with 89Zr-transferrin. J Nucl Med. 2013;54:90-5 pubmed publisher..The results from this study suggest that (89)Zr-transferrin could be a broadly applicable tool for identifying and monitoring tumors in the brain, with realistic potential for near-term clinical translation. ..
- Gazes Y, Bowman F, Razlighi Q, O Shea D, Stern Y, Habeck C. White matter tract covariance patterns predict age-declining cognitive abilities. Neuroimage. 2016;125:53-60 pubmed publisher..Other measures of brain health will need to be explored to reveal the major influences on the vocabulary ability. ..
- Wu L, Tanenbaum M, Dijkers M, Amidi A, Hall S, Penedo F, et al. Cognitive and neurobehavioral symptoms in patients with non-metastatic prostate cancer treated with androgen deprivation therapy or observation: A mixed methods study. Soc Sci Med. 2016;156:80-9 pubmed publisher..Effective interventions are needed to assist prostate cancer patients in managing these symptoms. ..
- Bezouska K, Crichlow G, Rose J, Taylor M, Drickamer K. Evolutionary conservation of intron position in a subfamily of genes encoding carbohydrate-recognition domains. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:11604-9 pubmed..This was followed by further divergence, generating a variety of saccharide-binding specificities. ..
- Wang S, Puc J, Li J, Bruce J, Cairns P, Sidransky D, et al. Somatic mutations of PTEN in glioblastoma multiforme. Cancer Res. 1997;57:4183-6 pubmed..PTEN was mutated in 44% (15 of 34) of all glioblastomas studied and 60% (15 of 25) of tumors with LOH on 10q. Thus, PTEN appears to be the major target of inactivation on chromosome 10q in glioblastoma multiforme. ..
- Nuttbrock L, Rosenblum A, Magura S, McQuistion H, Joseph H. The association between cocaine use and HIV/STDs among soup kitchen attendees in New York City. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2000;25:86-91 pubmed..These data underscore the need for effective cocaine treatment and HIV interventions tailored to the large numbers of cocaine users in inner cities. ..
- Malaspina D, Coleman E. Olfaction and social drive in schizophrenia. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2003;60:578-84 pubmed..There may be common neural substrates for the low social drive and SIDs in schizophrenia. ..
- Malathi K, Higaki K, Tinkelenberg A, Balderes D, Almanzar Paramio D, Wilcox L, et al. Mutagenesis of the putative sterol-sensing domain of yeast Niemann Pick C-related protein reveals a primordial role in subcellular sphingolipid distribution. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:547-56 pubmed..We propose that the primordial function of these proteins is to recycle sphingolipids and that defects in this process in higher eukaryotes secondarily result in cholesterol accumulation. ..
- Deguchi A, Thompson W, Weinstein I. Activation of protein kinase G is sufficient to induce apoptosis and inhibit cell migration in colon cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2004;64:3966-73 pubmed
- Hoppe B, Stegman L, Zelefsky M, Rosenzweig K, Wolden S, Patel S, et al. Treatment of nasal cavity and paranasal sinus cancer with modern radiotherapy techniques in the postoperative setting--the MSKCC experience. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007;67:691-702 pubmed..To perform a retrospective analysis of patients with paranasal sinus (PNS) cancer treated with postoperative radiotherapy (RT) at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center...
- Keegan D, Morelli S, Noyes N, Flisser E, Berkeley A, Grifo J. Low ectopic pregnancy rates after in vitro fertilization: do practice habits matter?. Fertil Steril. 2007;88:734-6 pubmed..Aggressive management of tubal disease may contribute to low rates of EP, whereas blastocyst transfer may increase the rate. ..