Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on carbonic anhydrases in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: carbonic anhydrases
- Schwartz G, Winkler C, Zavilowitz B, Bargiello T. Carbonic anhydrase II mRNA is induced in rabbit kidney cortex during chronic metabolic acidosis. Am J Physiol. 1993;265:F764-72 pubmed..The stimulation of CA II mRNA was greater after 3 days than after 5-6 days of acid treatment. (ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Brookler K. Medicine-based evidence: reverse translational ear research recommendations. Int Tinnitus J. 2009;15:139-48 pubmed
- Li X, Sun X, Ma Y, Suehiro M, Zhang M, Russell J, et al. Detection of hypoxia in microscopic tumors using 131I-labeled iodo-azomycin galactopyranoside (131I-IAZGP) digital autoradiography. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2010;37:339-48 pubmed publisher..Microscopic tumors are useful models for the validation of hypoxia radiotracers, and digital autoradiography is an appropriate technique for studying the distribution of hypoxia radiotracers in microscopic tumors. ..
- Goldfarb D, Sly W, Waheed A, Charney A. Acid-base effects on electrolyte transport in CA II-deficient mouse colon. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2000;278:G409-15 pubmed..Car-2(0) mice exhibited similar basal transport rates and responses to pH and CA inhibitors. We conclude that basal and pH-stimulated colonic electrolyte absorption in mice requires CA I. CA II and IV may have accessory roles...
- Goldfarb D, Chan A, Hernandez D, Charney A. Effect of thiazides on colonic NaCl absorption: role of carbonic anhydrase. Am J Physiol. 1991;261:F452-8 pubmed..In tissues containing this enzyme, this mechanism of thiazide effect on ion flux must be considered. ..
- Winkler C, Kittelberger A, Schwartz G. Expression of carbonic anhydrase IV mRNA in rabbit kidney: stimulation by metabolic acidosis. Am J Physiol. 1997;272:F551-60 pubmed..It is likely that the regulation of CA IV mRNA and activity is relevant to the kidney's adaptation to CMA. ..
- Cammer W, Tansey F. Localization of glial cell antigens in the brains of young normal mice and the dysmyelinating mutant mice, jimpy and shiverer. J Neurosci Res. 1988;20:23-31 pubmed..However, the data concerning the jimpy mouse suggested that the few CA-positive cells in the corpus callosum of that mutant could be astrocytes...
- Cammer W, Zhang H, Tansey F. Effects of carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) deficiency on CNS structure and function in the myelin-deficient CAII-deficient double mutant mouse. J Neurosci Res. 1995;40:451-7 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Makani S, Chesler M. Endogenous alkaline transients boost postsynaptic NMDA receptor responses in hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neurons. J Neurosci. 2007;27:7438-46 pubmed..These results provide strong evidence that endogenous alkaline transients are sufficiently large in the vicinity of the synapse to augment NMDAR responses...
- Candia O. A novel system to measure labelled CO2 and HCO3- fluxes across epithelia: corneal epithelium as model tissue. Exp Eye Res. 1996;63:137-49 pubmed..The CO2-elicited t-s net flux could also be explained by the presence of this transporter and a recirculation of label across the basolateral membrane. ..
- Carlin S, Khan N, Ku T, Longo V, Larson S, Smith Jones P. Molecular targeting of carbonic anhydrase IX in mice with hypoxic HT29 colorectal tumor xenografts. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10857 pubmed publisher..For the clinical detection of hypoxia induced CAIX using cG250 antibody based agents, imaging with the intact IgG at 7 days post injection would allow for the most sensitive and accurate detection of CAIX. ..
- Tresguerres M, Buck J, Levin L. Physiological carbon dioxide, bicarbonate, and pH sensing. Pflugers Arch. 2010;460:953-64 pubmed publisher..Yet, the molecular sensors for CO?/HCO??/pH remained unknown until recently. Here, we review recent progress in delineating molecular and cellular mechanisms for sensing CO?, HCO??, and pH...
- Makani S, Chen H, Esquenazi S, Shah G, Waheed A, Sly W, et al. NMDA receptor-dependent afterdepolarizations are curtailed by carbonic anhydrase 14: regulation of a short-term postsynaptic potentiation. J Neurosci. 2012;32:16754-62 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Car14 regulates pH transients in the perisynaptic microenvironment and govern their impact on NMDARs but plays little role in buffering pH shifts in the broader, macroscopic, extracellular space. ..
- Brion L, Cammer W, Satlin L, Suarez C, Zavilowitz B, Schuster V. Expression of carbonic anhydrase IV in carbonic anhydrase II-deficient mice. Am J Physiol. 1997;273:F234-45 pubmed..Western blot analysis showed higher expression of CA IV immunoreactive protein in renal membranes from males than in those from females. ..
- Svichar N, Waheed A, Sly W, Hennings J, Hübner C, Chesler M. Carbonic anhydrases CA4 and CA14 both enhance AE3-mediated Cl--HCO3- exchange in hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci. 2009;29:3252-8 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that CA4 and CA14 both play important roles in the regulation of intracellular pH in hippocampal neurons, by facilitating AE3-mediated Cl(-)-HCO(3)(-) exchange. ..
- Barnea G, Silvennoinen O, Shaanan B, Honegger A, Canoll P, D EUSTACHIO P, et al. Identification of a carbonic anhydrase-like domain in the extracellular region of RPTP gamma defines a new subfamily of receptor tyrosine phosphatases. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:1497-506 pubmed..On the basis of this model we propose that the CAH-like domain of RPTP gamma may have a function other than catalysis of hydration of metabolic CO2. ..
- Chen Y, Tu J, Kao J, Zhou X, Mazumdar M. Messenger RNA expression ratios among four genes predict subtypes of renal cell carcinoma and distinguish oncocytoma from carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:6558-66 pubmed..Whether these renal tumors can be distinguished by their mRNA expression profile of a few selected genes was examined...
- Gilbert S, Whitson J, Mansukhani M, Buttyan R, Benson M, Olsson C, et al. Detection of carbonic anhydrase-9 gene expression in peripheral blood cells predicts risk of disease recurrence in patients with renal cortical tumors. Urology. 2006;67:942-5 pubmed..To present extended follow-up on a cohort of patients with renal cortical tumors treated with partial or radical nephrectomy and preoperatively assess for carbonic anhydrase 9 tumor marker expression in the peripheral blood...
- Russell J, Carlin S, Burke S, Wen B, Yang K, Ling C. Immunohistochemical detection of changes in tumor hypoxia. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009;73:1177-86 pubmed publisher..HIF1alpha can be compared with either CAIX or a previously administered nitroimidazole to provide an estimate of reoxygenation. ..
- Kadison A, Maldonado T, Crisera C, Longaker M, Gittes G. In vitro validation of duct differentiation in developing embryonic mouse pancreas. J Surg Res. 2000;90:126-30 pubmed..These data validate our in vitro system as a model for studying the mechanism of normal pancreatic duct differentiation and may potentially help us to understand the faulty mechanism involved in pancreatic ductal carcinogenesis. ..
- Schwartz G, Brown D, Mankus R, Alexander E, Schwartz J. Low pH enhances expression of carbonic anhydrase II by cultured rat inner medullary collecting duct cells. Am J Physiol. 1994;266:C508-14 pubmed..Thus incubation of IMCD cells in acid medium stimulates the expression of CA II mRNA and protein.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Sok J, Wang X, Batchvarova N, Kuroda M, Harding H, Ron D. CHOP-Dependent stress-inducible expression of a novel form of carbonic anhydrase VI. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:495-504 pubmed