Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Publications1389 found, 100 shown here
- Rivella S, May C, Chadburn A, Riviere I, Sadelain M. A novel murine model of Cooley anemia and its rescue by lentiviral-mediated human beta-globin gene transfer. Blood. 2003;101:2932-9 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate the remarkable efficacy of lentivirus-mediated globin gene transfer in treating a fulminant blood disorder and strongly support the efficacy of gene therapy in the severe hemoglobinopathies. ..
- Mason J, Xuan S, Dragatsis I, Efstratiadis A, Goldman J. Insulin-like growth factor (IGF) signaling through type 1 IGF receptor plays an important role in remyelination. J Neurosci. 2003;23:7710-8 pubmed
- Trotman L, Niki M, Dotan Z, Koutcher J, Di Cristofano A, Xiao A, et al. Pten dose dictates cancer progression in the prostate. PLoS Biol. 2003;1:E59 pubmed..Our results provide conclusive genetic support for the notion that PTEN is haploinsufficient in tumor suppression and that its dose is a key determinant in cancer progression. ..
- Cann H, Brown S, Oguariri R, Golightly L. 3' UTR signals necessary for expression of the Plasmodium gallinaceum ookinete protein, Pgs28, share similarities with those of yeast and plants. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2004;137:239-45 pubmed..The organization and overlapping function of these elements appears to more closely resemble that of yeasts or plants than those of metazoans...
- Ochando J, Homma C, Yang Y, Hidalgo A, Garin A, Tacke F, et al. Alloantigen-presenting plasmacytoid dendritic cells mediate tolerance to vascularized grafts. Nat Immunol. 2006;7:652-62 pubmed..Thus, alloantigen-presenting pDCs home to the lymph nodes in tolerogenic conditions, where they mediate alloantigen-specific Treg cell development and allograft tolerance. ..
- Li T, Chen D, Wu Q, Chen M, Sheu T, Schwarz E, et al. Transforming growth factor-beta stimulates cyclin D1 expression through activation of beta-catenin signaling in chondrocytes. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:21296-304 pubmed..These results demonstrate that TGF-beta stimulates cyclin D(1) expression at least in part through activation of beta-catenin signaling. ..
- Gazumyan A, Reichlin A, Nussenzweig M. Ig beta tyrosine residues contribute to the control of B cell receptor signaling by regulating receptor internalization. J Exp Med. 2006;203:1785-94 pubmed..In addition, B cells with the ITAM mutant receptor showed an enhanced response to a T-independent antigen. Thus, Igbeta ITAM tyrosines help set BCR signaling threshold by regulating receptor internalization. ..
- Li M, Kim D, Tsenovoy P, Peterson S, Rezzani R, Rodella L, et al. Treatment of obese diabetic mice with a heme oxygenase inducer reduces visceral and subcutaneous adiposity, increases adiponectin levels, and improves insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance. Diabetes. 2008;57:1526-35 pubmed publisher
- Levine A, Levine Z, Brivanlou A. GDF3 is a BMP inhibitor that can activate Nodal signaling only at very high doses. Dev Biol. 2009;325:43-8 pubmed publisher..We suggest that GDF3 is either a bi-functional TGF-beta ligand, or, more likely, that it is a BMP inhibitor that can artificially activate Nodal signaling under non-physiological conditions. ..
- Chen D, Wei Y, Li X, Epstein S, Wolosin J, Asbell P. sPLA2-IIa is an inflammatory mediator when the ocular surface is compromised. Exp Eye Res. 2009;88:880-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that sPLA2-IIa may play an important role in chronic ocular surface inflammation, especially when the ocular surface is compromised. ..
- Seki E, De Minicis S, Gwak G, Kluwe J, Inokuchi S, Bursill C, et al. CCR1 and CCR5 promote hepatic fibrosis in mice. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:1858-70 pubmed..Our data therefore support a role for the CC chemokine system in hepatic fibrogenesis and suggest distinct roles for CCR1 and CCR5 in Kupffer cells and HSCs. ..
- Wu Y, Wang C, Sun H, LeRoith D, Yakar S. High-efficient FLPo deleter mice in C57BL/6J background. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8054 pubmed publisher..Our new FLPo transgenic mice (on pure C57BJ/6 background) will largely facilitate the gene targeting process and is valuable for conditional gene manipulation. ..
- Wang T, Tan G, Hai R, Pica N, Petersen E, Moran T, et al. Broadly protective monoclonal antibodies against H3 influenza viruses following sequential immunization with different hemagglutinins. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1000796 pubmed publisher..Importantly, our antibodies are of naturally occurring specificity rather than selected from cloned libraries, demonstrating that broad-spectrum humoral immunity to influenza viruses can be elicited in vivo. ..
- Tsai J, Lian W, Kemal S, Kriegstein A, Vallee R. Kinesin 3 and cytoplasmic dynein mediate interkinetic nuclear migration in neural stem cells. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:1463-71 pubmed publisher..These observations provide direct evidence that kinesins are involved in nuclear migration and neurogenesis and suggest that a cell cycle-dependent switch between distinct microtubule motors drives interkinetic nuclear migration. ..
- Degennaro M, Hurd T, Siekhaus D, Biteau B, Jasper H, Lehmann R. Peroxiredoxin stabilization of DE-cadherin promotes primordial germ cell adhesion. Dev Cell. 2011;20:233-43 pubmed publisher..Our results present in vivo evidence of a peroxiredoxin regulating DE-cadherin-mediated adhesion. ..
- Sampat S, O Connell G, Fong J, Alegre Aguarón E, Ateshian G, Hung C. Growth factor priming of synovium-derived stem cells for cartilage tissue engineering. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011;17:2259-65 pubmed publisher..19±1.45%ww) similar to native values, within 7 weeks of culture. These findings suggest that SDSCs may serve as a cell source for cartilage tissue engineering applications. ..
- Sashida G, Bae N, Di Giandomenico S, Asai T, Gurvich N, Bazzoli E, et al. The mef/elf4 transcription factor fine tunes the DNA damage response. Cancer Res. 2011;71:4857-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, although ELF4 promotes the phosphorylation of H2AX by ATM, its activity must be dampened by ATM-dependent phosphorylation and degradation to avoid an excessive DNA damage response. ..
- De La Cruz E, Zhao M, Guo L, Ma H, Anderson S, Schwartz T. Interneuron progenitors attenuate the power of acute focal ictal discharges. Neurotherapeutics. 2011;8:763-73 pubmed publisher..As remarkably low graft densities still significantly reduced discharge power, these data provide further support for the therapeutic potential of interneuron precursor transplants in the treatment of neocortical epilepsy. ..
- Nandi S, Gokhan S, Dai X, Wei S, Enikolopov G, Lin H, et al. The CSF-1 receptor ligands IL-34 and CSF-1 exhibit distinct developmental brain expression patterns and regulate neural progenitor cell maintenance and maturation. Dev Biol. 2012;367:100-13 pubmed publisher..Thus our results also indicate novel roles for the CSF-1R in the regulation of corticogenesis. ..
- Alexandropoulos K, Joseph C, Spangler R, Foster D. Evidence that a G-protein transduces signals initiated by the protein-tyrosine kinase v-Fps. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:15583-6 pubmed..The data suggest that a G-protein functions upstream from PKC in a signaling pathway that connects v-Fps PTK activity to increased 9E3 gene expression. ..
- Leonard D, Ziff E, Greene L. Identification and characterization of mRNAs regulated by nerve growth factor in PC12 cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1987;7:3156-67 pubmed
- Vignais M, Sadowski H, Watling D, Rogers N, Gilman M. Platelet-derived growth factor induces phosphorylation of multiple JAK family kinases and STAT proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:1759-69 pubmed..These results suggests that the mechanism of JAK activation and JAK function in signaling differs between receptor tyrosine kinases and interferon receptors. ..
- Song L, Fricker L. Cloning and expression of human carboxypeptidase Z, a novel metallocarboxypeptidase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:10543-50 pubmed..5 and is inhibited by active site-directed inhibitors of metallocarboxypeptidases. In summary, CPZ is a novel metallocarboxypeptidase that is active toward substrates with C-terminal basic amino acids. ..
- Hazan R, Phillips G, Qiao R, Norton L, Aaronson S. Exogenous expression of N-cadherin in breast cancer cells induces cell migration, invasion, and metastasis. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:779-90 pubmed
- Zagzag D, Zhong H, Scalzitti J, Laughner E, Simons J, Semenza G. Expression of hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha in brain tumors: association with angiogenesis, invasion, and progression. Cancer. 2000;88:2606-18 pubmed
- Trevejo J, Marino M, Philpott N, Josien R, Richards E, Elkon K, et al. TNF-alpha -dependent maturation of local dendritic cells is critical for activating the adaptive immune response to virus infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:12162-7 pubmed..Thus, TNF-alpha plays a significant role in the maturation of DC after adenovirus challenge both in vitro and in vivo, highlighting the importance of this innate cytokine in activating adaptive immunity to viral challenge. ..
- Guan J, Vorobiev S, Almo S, Chance M. Mapping the G-actin binding surface of cofilin using synchrotron protein footprinting. Biochemistry. 2002;41:5765-75 pubmed..These results are generally consistent with, and complementary to, the results of previous site-directed mutagenesis studies and extend our understanding of the G-actin binding surface of cofilin. ..
- Mueller S, Rosenquist T, Takai Y, Bronson R, Wimmer E. Loss of nectin-2 at Sertoli-spermatid junctions leads to male infertility and correlates with severe spermatozoan head and midpiece malformation, impaired binding to the zona pellucida, and oocyte penetration. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:1330-40 pubmed..We corroborate our previous description of a heterotypic adhesion complex between Sertoli cells and elongated spermatids that is maintained by nectin-2 and nectin-3, respectively. ..
- Hurwitz J, Santoro N. Inhibins, activins, and follistatin in the aging female and male. Semin Reprod Med. 2004;22:209-17 pubmed..Elucidation of the molecular pathways responsible for the action of these hormones may allow closer integration with their current conceptual roles in aging. ..
- Bazzi H, Martinez Mir A, Kljuic A, Christiano A. Desmoglein 4 mutations underlie localized autosomal recessive hypotrichosis in humans, mice, and rats. J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc. 2005;10:222-4 pubmed..Together, these models provide new information about the role of desmosomal cadherins in disease, and serve as in vivo models for functional and mechanistic studies into the role of desmoglein 4 in the skin and hair follicle. ..
- Hazrati E, Galen B, Lu W, Wang W, Ouyang Y, Keller M, et al. Human alpha- and beta-defensins block multiple steps in herpes simplex virus infection. J Immunol. 2006;177:8658-66 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that HDs act at multiple steps in the HSV life cycle and support the development of defensins or defensin-like peptides as microbicides. ..
- Sahin U, Blobel C. Ectodomain shedding of the EGF-receptor ligand epigen is mediated by ADAM17. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:41-4 pubmed..These results suggest that ADAM17 might be a good target to block the release of bioactive epigen, a highly mitogenic ligand of the EGFR which has been implicated in wound healing and cancer. ..
- Sinnis P, Coppi A, Toida T, Toyoda H, Kinoshita Toyoda A, Xie J, et al. Mosquito heparan sulfate and its potential role in malaria infection and transmission. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:25376-84 pubmed..The heparan sulfate isolated from the whole mosquito binds to circumsporozoite protein, suggesting a role within the mosquito for infection and transmission of the Plasmodium parasite. ..
- Kim Y, Zhou P, Qian L, Chuang J, Lee J, Li C, et al. MyD88-5 links mitochondria, microtubules, and JNK3 in neurons and regulates neuronal survival. J Exp Med. 2007;204:2063-74 pubmed..In contrast, MyD88-5-null macrophages behaved like wild-type cells in their response to microbial products. Thus, MyD88-5 appears unique among MyD88s in functioning to mediate stress-induced neuronal toxicity. ..
- Mo L, Liaw L, Evan A, Sommer A, Lieske J, Wu X. Renal calcinosis and stone formation in mice lacking osteopontin, Tamm-Horsfall protein, or both. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;293:F1935-43 pubmed
- Nicoletti J, Shah S, McCloskey D, Goodman J, Elkady A, Atassi H, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor is up-regulated after status epilepticus and protects against seizure-induced neuronal loss in hippocampus. Neuroscience. 2008;151:232-41 pubmed..VEGF induced significant preservation of hippocampal neurons, suggesting that VEGF may play a neuroprotective role following status epilepticus. ..
- Zhang W, Cheng G, Gong J, Hermanto U, Zong C, Chan J, et al. RACK1 and CIS mediate the degradation of BimEL in cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:16416-26 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests a role of RACK1 in protecting cancer cells from apoptosis by regulating the degradation of BimEL, which together with CIS could play an important role of drug resistance in chemotherapy. ..
- Valderramos S, Scanfeld D, Uhlemann A, Fidock D, Krishna S. Investigations into the role of the Plasmodium falciparum SERCA (PfATP6) L263E mutation in artemisinin action and resistance. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2010;54:3842-52 pubmed publisher..02 for the D10 and 7G8 lines), but not to artesunate in parasites expressing mutant PfATP6. ..
- Marubayashi S, Koppikar P, Taldone T, Abdel Wahab O, West N, Bhagwat N, et al. HSP90 is a therapeutic target in JAK2-dependent myeloproliferative neoplasms in mice and humans. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:3578-93 pubmed publisher..Importantly, PU-H71 treatment also reduced the mutant allele burden in mice. These data establish what we believe to be a novel therapeutic rationale for HSP90 inhibition in the treatment of JAK2-dependent MPN...
- Schwartz J, Jaggi J, O Donoghue J, Ruan S, McDevitt M, Larson S, et al. Renal uptake of bismuth-213 and its contribution to kidney radiation dose following administration of actinium-225-labeled antibody. Phys Med Biol. 2011;56:721-33 pubmed publisher..Methods to reduce renal accumulation of radioactive progeny appear to be necessary for the success of (225)Ac radioimmunotherapy...
- Hwangpo T, Jordan J, Premsrirut P, Jayamaran G, Licht J, Iyengar R, et al. G Protein-regulated inducer of neurite outgrowth (GRIN) modulates Sprouty protein repression of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) activation by growth factor stimulation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:13674-85 pubmed publisher..Free Sprouty then in turn inhibits growth factor signaling. Thus, here we present a novel mechanism of how G(o/i)-coupled receptors can inhibit growth factor signaling to MAPK. ..
- Sun J, Karoulia Z, Wong E, Ahmed M, Itoh K, Xu P. The phosphatase-transcription activator EYA1 is targeted by anaphase-promoting complex/Cdh1 for degradation at M-to-G1 transition. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:927-36 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C)-Cdh1 specifically targets EYA1 for degradation during M-to-G(1) transition, failure of which may compromise cell proliferation and survival. ..
- Zheng Y, Kielian M. Imaging of the alphavirus capsid protein during virus replication. J Virol. 2013;87:9579-89 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies provide the first dynamic views of the alphavirus capsid protein in living cells and a system to define detailed mechanisms during alphavirus infection. ..
- Chudnovskiy A, Mortha A, Kana V, Kennard A, Ramírez J, Rahman A, et al. Host-Protozoan Interactions Protect from Mucosal Infections through Activation of the Inflammasome. Cell. 2016;167:444-456.e14 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a novel mutualistic host-protozoan interaction that increases mucosal host defenses at the cost of an increased risk of inflammatory disease. ..
- Reith M. [14C]guanidinium ion influx into Na+ channel preparations from mouse cerebral cortex. Eur J Pharmacol. 1990;188:33-41 pubmed..The guanidinium ion assay offers the convenience of the 14C isotope as compared with the strongly radiating 22Na+ isotope...
- Mizzen C, Yang X, Kokubo T, Brownell J, Bannister A, Owen Hughes T, et al. The TAF(II)250 subunit of TFIID has histone acetyltransferase activity. Cell. 1996;87:1261-70 pubmed..Our findings suggest that targeted histone acetylation at specific promoters by TAF(II)250 may be involved in mechanisms by which TFIID gains access to transcriptionally repressed chromatin. ..
- Lin E, Kozak C, Orlofsky A, Prystowsky M. The bcl-2 family member, Bcl2a1, maps to mouse chromosome 9 and human chromosome 15. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:293-4 pubmed
- Mohammadi M, McMahon G, Sun L, Tang C, Hirth P, Yeh B, et al. Structures of the tyrosine kinase domain of fibroblast growth factor receptor in complex with inhibitors. Science. 1997;276:955-60 pubmed..This structural information will facilitate the design of new inhibitors for use in the treatment of cancer and other diseases in which cell signaling by tyrosine kinases plays a crucial role in disease pathogenesis. ..
- Sen J, Goltz J, Stevens L, Stein D. Spatially restricted expression of pipe in the Drosophila egg chamber defines embryonic dorsal-ventral polarity. Cell. 1998;95:471-81 pubmed..Thus, the localized expression of pipe and the spatially restricted modification of carbohydrate chains play pivotal roles in the mechanisms that establish embryonic pattern and integrate follicular and embryonic polarity. ..
- Ohlmeyer J, Kalderon D. Hedgehog stimulates maturation of Cubitus interruptus into a labile transcriptional activator. Nature. 1998;396:749-53 pubmed
- Tam W. Identification and characterization of human BIC, a gene on chromosome 21 that encodes a noncoding RNA. Gene. 2001;274:157-67 pubmed..Based on the lack of a conserved ORF and the evolutionary conservation of RNA secondary structure, we presume that BIC functions as a noncoding RNA. ..
- Hattori K, Heissig B, Wu Y, Dias S, Tejada R, Ferris B, et al. Placental growth factor reconstitutes hematopoiesis by recruiting VEGFR1(+) stem cells from bone-marrow microenvironment. Nat Med. 2002;8:841-9 pubmed..Thus, PlGF promotes recruitment of VEGFR1(+) HSCs from a quiescent to a proliferative BM microenvironment, favoring differentiation, mobilization and reconstitution of hematopoiesis. ..
- Shaw M, Keesing F, McGrail R, Ostfeld R. Factors influencing the distribution of larval blacklegged ticks on rodent hosts. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2003;68:447-52 pubmed..The high mortality rate of larvae that were experimentally introduced onto mice suggests that grooming is a significant cause of mortality to larval blacklegged ticks. ..
- Tomlinson A. Patterning the peripheral retina of the fly: decoding a gradient. Dev Cell. 2003;5:799-809 pubmed..Higher Wg levels induce PR, intermediate levels induce DR, and lower levels induce baldness. The predisposition of dorsal cells to generate DR ommatidia appears to be endowed by the exclusive dorsal expression of Iroquois genes. ..
- Newcomb E, Tamasdan C, Entzminger Y, Arena E, Schnee T, Kim M, et al. Flavopiridol inhibits the growth of GL261 gliomas in vivo: implications for malignant glioma therapy. Cell Cycle. 2004;3:230-4 pubmed..Based on our findings, flavopiridol should be considered as a treatment approach for patients with high-grade glioma. ..
- Yi R, O Carroll D, Pasolli H, Zhang Z, Dietrich F, Tarakhovsky A, et al. Morphogenesis in skin is governed by discrete sets of differentially expressed microRNAs. Nat Genet. 2006;38:356-62 pubmed..Here we characterize miRNAs in skin, the existence of which was hitherto unappreciated, and demonstrate their differential expression and importance in the morphogenesis of epithelial tissues within this vital organ. ..
- Sidyelyeva G, Baker N, Fricker L. Characterization of the molecular basis of the Drosophila mutations in carboxypeptidase D. Effect on enzyme activity and expression. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:13844-52 pubmed..Flies that retain the short form are viable, whereas flies that are missing all forms of CPD do not survive past the early larval stages. ..
- Ghosh S, Nunziato D, Pitt G. KCNQ1 assembly and function is blocked by long-QT syndrome mutations that disrupt interaction with calmodulin. Circ Res. 2006;98:1048-54 pubmed..These findings offer a new mechanism for LQTS defects and provide a basis for understanding novel ways that intracellular Ca2+ and CaM regulate ion channels. ..
- Okamura K, Lai E. Endogenous small interfering RNAs in animals. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2008;9:673-8 pubmed publisher..They also raise many questions regarding the biogenesis and function of small regulatory RNAs in animals. ..
- Espinosa E, Perrigault M, Ward J, Shumway S, Allam B. Lectins associated with the feeding organs of the oyster Crassostrea virginica can mediate particle selection. Biol Bull. 2009;217:130-41 pubmed
- Hofmeyer K, Treisman J. The receptor protein tyrosine phosphatase LAR promotes R7 photoreceptor axon targeting by a phosphatase-independent signaling mechanism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:19399-404 pubmed publisher..We propose that LAR function in R7 is independent of its phosphatase activity, but requires structural features that allow dimerization and may promote the assembly of downstream effectors. ..
- Chang J, Patton J, Sarkar A, Ernst B, Magnani J, Frenette P. GMI-1070, a novel pan-selectin antagonist, reverses acute vascular occlusions in sickle cell mice. Blood. 2010;116:1779-86 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GMI-1070 may represent a valuable novel therapeutic intervention for acute sickle cell crises that should be further evaluated in a clinical trial. ..
- Mazumdar M, Banerjee S, Van Epps H. Improved reporting of statistical design and analysis: guidelines, education, and editorial policies. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;620:563-98 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we provide an overview of these issues with emphasis to the field of molecular biology and highlight the need for continuing efforts on all fronts. ..
- Viejo Borbolla A, Martin A, Muniz L, Shang L, Marchesi F, Thirunarayanan N, et al. Attenuation of TNF-driven murine ileitis by intestinal expression of the viral immunomodulator CrmD. Mucosal Immunol. 2010;3:633-44 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that CrmD affects development of ileitis by locally affecting both TNF and chemokine function in the ileum. ..
- McLean J, Wudzinska A, Datan E, Quaglino D, Zakeri Z. Flavivirus NS4A-induced autophagy protects cells against death and enhances virus replication. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:22147-59 pubmed publisher..As autophagy is vital to flavivirus replication in these cells, NS4A is therefore also identified as a critical determinant of flavivirus replication. ..
- Xing L, Salas M, Zhang H, Gittler J, Ludwig T, Lin C, et al. Creation and characterization of BAC-transgenic mice with physiological overexpression of epitope-tagged RCAN1 (DSCR1). Mamm Genome. 2013;24:30-43 pubmed publisher..This work establishes a useful mouse model for investigating the biochemistry and dose-dependent functions of the RCAN1 protein in vivo. ..
- Geary N, BÃ¤chler T, Whiting L, Lutz T, Asarian L. RYGB progressively increases avidity for a low-energy, artificially sweetened diet in female rats. Appetite. 2016;98:133-41 pubmed publisher..This provides a unique rat model for the increased avidity for sweets that is significantly associated with weight recidivism late after RYGB. ..
- Arruda Carvalho M, Wu W, Cummings K, Clem R. Optogenetic Examination of Prefrontal-Amygdala Synaptic Development. J Neurosci. 2017;37:2976-2985 pubmed publisher..The engagement of these substrates by early life experience may support the ontogeny of fundamental behaviors but could also lead to inappropriate circuit refinement and psychopathology in adverse situations. ..
- Quinlan E, King J, Amemiya C, Hsu E, Larijani M. Biochemical Regulatory Features of Activation-Induced Cytidine Deaminase Remain Conserved from Lampreys to Humans. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..This absolute conservation is evidence for biological significance of these unique biochemical properties. ..
- Nectow A, Schneeberger M, Zhang H, Field B, Renier N, Azevedo E, et al. Identification of a Brainstem Circuit Controlling Feeding. Cell. 2017;170:429-442.e11 pubmed publisher..These data establish the DRN as an important node controlling energy balance. PAPERCLIP. ..
- Vyas A, HARDING C, Borg L, Bogdan D. Acoustic characteristics, early experience, and endocrine status interact to modulate female zebra finches' behavioral responses to songs. Horm Behav. 2009;55:50-9 pubmed publisher..Fourth, estrogen selectively accentuates song responsiveness in acoustically-experienced female zebra finches. ..
- Rodrik Outmezguine V, Chandarlapaty S, Pagano N, Poulikakos P, Scaltriti M, Moskatel E, et al. mTOR kinase inhibition causes feedback-dependent biphasic regulation of AKT signaling. Cancer Discov. 2011;1:248-59 pubmed publisher..The addition of RTK inhibitors can prevent this reactivation of AKT signaling and cause profound cell death and tumor regression in vivo, highlighting the possible need for combinatorial approaches to block feedback-regulated pathways. ..
- Bergemann A, Johnson E. The HeLa Pur factor binds single-stranded DNA at a specific element conserved in gene flanking regions and origins of DNA replication. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:1257-65 pubmed..A 24-mer oligonucleotide representing the hamster dhfr version of the PUR element effectively competes with the human c-myc version for binding to Pur. ..
- Salton S, Fischberg D, Dong K. Structure of the gene encoding VGF, a nervous system-specific mRNA that is rapidly and selectively induced by nerve growth factor in PC12 cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:2335-49 pubmed..In the cascade of events which ultimately leads to the neural differentiation of NGF-treated PC12 cells, the VGF gene encodes the most rapidly and selectively regulated, nervous-system specific mRNA yet identified. ..
- Feldman B, Poueymirou W, Papaioannou V, DeChiara T, Goldfarb M. Requirement of FGF-4 for postimplantation mouse development. Science. 1995;267:246-9 pubmed
- Jiang H, Su Z, Lin J, Goldstein N, Young C, Fisher P. The melanoma differentiation associated gene mda-7 suppresses cancer cell growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:9160-5 pubmed
- Currie R. Functional interaction between the DNA binding subunit trimerization domain of NF-Y and the high mobility group protein HMG-I(Y). J Biol Chem. 1997;272:30880-8 pubmed..This protein-protein interaction site may function to modulate NF-Y activity through stabilization of NF-Y binding to its CCAAT box DNA-binding site. ..
- Li J, Qu X, Schmidt A. Sp1-binding elements in the promoter of RAGE are essential for amphoterin-mediated gene expression in cultured neuroblastoma cells. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:30870-8 pubmed..These results point to Sp1-dependent mechanisms underlying amphoterin-mediated increases in RAGE expression in neuroblastoma cells and further link amphoterin-RAGE interaction to development of the nervous system. ..
- Meeson A, Argilla M, Ko K, Witte L, Lang R. VEGF deprivation-induced apoptosis is a component of programmed capillary regression. Development. 1999;126:1407-15 pubmed..This provides evidence that VEGF is necessary for endothelial cell survival in this system and in addition, that VEGF deprivation mediated by flow cessation is a component of synchronous apoptosis. ..
- Moon K, Kong D, Lee J, Raychaudhuri S, Hurwitz J. Identification and reconstitution of the origin recognition complex from Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:12367-72 pubmed..The unique DNA-binding properties of the spORC may contribute to our understanding of the sequence-specific recognition required for the initiation of DNA replication in S. pombe. ..
- Polydorides A, Okano H, Yang Y, Stefani G, Darnell R. A brain-enriched polypyrimidine tract-binding protein antagonizes the ability of Nova to regulate neuron-specific alternative splicing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:6350-5 pubmed..These results suggest that brPTB is a tissue-restricted RNA binding protein that interacts with and inhibits the ability of Nova to activate exon selection in neurons. ..
- Vassin V, Wold M, Borowiec J. Replication protein A (RPA) phosphorylation prevents RPA association with replication centers. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1930-43 pubmed..We conclude that RPA2 phosphorylation prevents RPA association with replication centers in vivo and potentially serves as a marker for sites of DNA damage. ..
- Andersen O, Koeppe R, Roux B. Gramicidin channels. IEEE Trans Nanobioscience. 2005;4:10-20 pubmed..For the same reason, gramicidin channels constitute the system of choice for evaluating computational strategies for obtaining mechanistic insights into ion permeation through the complex channels formed by integral membrane proteins. ..