Experts and Doctors on plant extracts in Ehime, Japan
Locale: Ehime, Japan
Topic: plant extracts
- Tsujita T, Yamada M, Takaku T, Shintani T, Teramoto K, Sato T. Purification and characterization of polyphenols from chestnut astringent skin. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:8646-54 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest CAS contains polyphenols with strong ?-amylase inhibitory activity. The data also suggest CAS polyphenols might be oligomeric proanthocyanidins with gallic acid and ellagic acid...
- Kimura Y, Sumiyoshi M. Effects of Swertia japonica extract and its main compound swertiamarin on gastric emptying and gastrointestinal motility in mice. Fitoterapia. 2011;82:827-33 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the powder and swertiamarin stimulate gastric emptying and gastrointestinal motility by inhibiting the dopamine D(2) receptor. ..
- Kimura Y, Sumiyoshi M. French maritime pine bark (Pinus maritima Lam.) extract (Flavangenol) prevents chronic UVB radiation-induced skin damage and carcinogenesis in melanin-possessing hairless mice. Photochem Photobiol. 2010;86:955-63 pubmed publisher..The antiphotoaging and anticarcinogenetic activities of flavangenol may be due to inhibition of the expression of Ki-67, 8-OHdG and VEGF through a scavenging effect on reactive oxygen species. ..
- Sumiyoshi M, Kimura Y. Effects of a turmeric extract (Curcuma longa) on chronic ultraviolet B irradiation-induced skin damage in melanin-possessing hairless mice. Phytomedicine. 2009;16:1137-43 pubmed publisher..Prevention of UVB-induced skin aging by turmeric may be due to the inhibition of increases in MMP-2 expression caused by chronic irradiation. ..
- Tsujita T, Takaku T. Mechanism of the inhibitory action of chestnut astringent skin extract on carbohydrate absorption. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2008;54:416-21 pubmed..CAS extract prevented increases in body weight and fasting blood glucose concentration. These data suggest that CAS extract has an anti-diabetic function in type 2 diabetic mice that mainly functions through inhibition of alpha-amylase. ..
- Tsujita T, Takaku T, Suzuki T. Chestnut astringent skin extract, an alpha-amylase inhibitor, retards carbohydrate absorption in rats and humans. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2008;54:82-8 pubmed..These results suggest that CAS extract retards absorption of carbohydrate and reduces post-prandial hyperglycemia. ..
- Tsujita T, Takaku T. Lipolysis induced by segment wall extract from Satsuma mandarin orange (Citrus unshu Mark). J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2007;53:547-51 pubmed..These results suggest that the segment wall, an edible fraction, from Satsuma mandarin orange might be useful as a functional food, especially as a fat-reducing material...
- Han L, Sumiyoshi M, Zheng Y, Okuda H, Kimura Y. Anti-obesity action of Salix matsudana leaves (Part 2). Isolation of anti-obesity effectors from polyphenol fractions of Salix matsudana. Phytother Res. 2003;17:1195-8 pubmed..Furthermore, three flavonoid glucosides enhanced norepinephrine-induced lipolysis in fat cells...
- Han L, Sumiyoshi M, Zhang J, Liu M, Zhang X, Zheng Y, et al. Anti-obesity action of Salix matsudana leaves (Part 1). Anti-obesity action by polyphenols of Salix matsudana in high fat-diet treated rodent animals. Phytother Res. 2003;17:1188-94 pubmed