Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Publications873 found, 100 shown here
- Abe H, Kimura W, Mori M, Makuuchi M, Yanagisawam A. Mixed serous cystadenoma with mucinous cystadenoma of the pancreas. Pancreas. 2005;31:98-100 pubmed..Pancreatic serous cystadenomas that include a mucinous-cystadenoma component are extremely rare, and the difference between serous and mucinous cystadenomas is not always distinct...
- Yamano K, Inoue M, Masaki S, Saki M, Ichimura M, Satoh M. Generation of adenosine A3 receptor functionally humanized mice for the evaluation of the human antagonists. Biochem Pharmacol. 2006;71:294-306 pubmed..The A3AR functionally humanized mice can be widely employed for pharmacological evaluations of the human A3AR antagonists. ..
- Takeshita E, Osanai T, Higuchi T, Soumaoro L, Sugihara K. Elevated cyclooxygenase-2 expression is associated with histological grade in invasive ductal breast carcinoma. J Med Dent Sci. 2005;52:189-93 pubmed..01) and histological type (P<0.001). Our results suggest that cyclooxygenase-2 expression has an important role in tumor differentiation in invasive ductal breast carcinoma. ..
- Sugita S, Shimizu N, Kawaguchi T, Akao N, Morio T, Mochizuki M. Identification of human herpesvirus 6 in a patient with severe unilateral panuveitis. Arch Ophthalmol. 2007;125:1426-7 pubmed
- Matsuda J, Matsuyama A, Atsumi G, Ohkura N. Sole existence of antithrombin antibody in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus showing tendency of its antigenic determinants directing against exosite II (antithrombin/heparin binding site) of thrombin. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2008;19:66-9 pubmed publisher
- Ishii H, Tsukada T, Yoshida M. Angiotensin II type-I receptor blocker, candesartan, improves brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity independent of its blood pressure lowering effects in type 2 diabetes patients. Intern Med. 2008;47:2013-8 pubmed..We conclude that candesartan may improve vascular inflammation independent of its effect on hypertension in diabetes, thus suggesting its efficacy in diabetic patients. ..
- Fukui A, Yokoo T, Matsumoto K, Kawamura T, Hosoya T, Okabe M. Integration of human mesenchymal stem cells into the Wolffian duct in chicken embryos. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;385:330-5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that chicken Pax2-expressing hMSCs can be competent to differentiate into the Wolffian duct cells by the influence of chicken local signals. ..
- Morioka K, Tanikawa C, Ochi K, Daigo Y, Katagiri T, Kawano H, et al. Orphan receptor tyrosine kinase ROR2 as a potential therapeutic target for osteosarcoma. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:1227-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings revealed that the WNT5B/ROR2 signaling pathway is a promising therapeutic target for osteosarcoma. ..
- Nakajima H, Ito M, Morikawa Y, Komori T, Fukuchi Y, Shibata F, et al. Wnt modulators, SFRP-1, and SFRP-2 are expressed in osteoblasts and differentially regulate hematopoietic stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;390:65-70 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that although both SFRP-1 and SFRP-2 act as inhibitors for Wnt signaling in vitro, they differentially affect the homeostasis of HSCs. ..
- Torii H, Nakagawa H. Infliximab monotherapy in Japanese patients with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled multicenter trial. J Dermatol Sci. 2010;59:40-9 pubmed publisher..A clinical trial of infliximab in psoriasis has not yet been performed in Asian populations, although infliximab has been approved for the indications of psoriatic arthritis and plaque psoriasis in the US and the EU...
- Tamaki Z, Asano Y, Hatano M, Yao A, Kawashima T, Tomita M, et al. Efficacy of low-dose imatinib mesylate for cutaneous involvement in systemic sclerosis: a preliminary report of three cases. Mod Rheumatol. 2012;22:94-9 pubmed publisher..These clinical data indicate the tolerability and efficacy of low-dose imatinib in SSc, especially against cutaneous vascular involvement, including Raynaud's phenomenon and nailfold bleeding. ..
- Maekawa K, Hamaguchi T, Saito Y, Tatewaki N, Kurose K, Kaniwa N, et al. Genetic variation and haplotype structures of the glutathione S-transferase genes GSTA1 and GSTA2 in Japanese colorectal cancer patients. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2011;26:646-58 pubmed publisher..Finally, haplotype combinations of both genes were classified into 3 major types: GSTA1*A-GSTA2*C, GSTA1*A-GSTA2*B, and GSTA1*B-GSTA2*E. These findings will be useful in pharmacogenomic studies on xenobiotics including anticancer drugs. ..
- Takeuchi T, Tanaka Y, Kaneko Y, Tanaka E, Hirata S, Kurasawa T, et al. Effectiveness and safety of adalimumab in Japanese patients with rheumatoid arthritis: retrospective analyses of data collected during the first year of adalimumab treatment in routine clinical practice (HARMONY study). Mod Rheumatol. 2012;22:327-38 pubmed publisher..ADA therapy is highly effective for reducing disease activity, improving physical function, and limiting radiographic progression. It is generally safe and well tolerated by Japanese RA patients in routine clinical practice. ..
- Suzuki H, Kiryluk K, Novak J, Moldoveanu Z, Herr A, Renfrow M, et al. The pathophysiology of IgA nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:1795-803 pubmed publisher..Elucidation of the pathogenesis of IgA nephropathy provides an opportunity to develop disease-specific therapies. ..
- Hara A, Sasazuki S, Inoue M, Iwasaki M, Shimazu T, Sawada N, et al. Isoflavone intake and risk of gastric cancer: a population-based prospective cohort study in Japan. Am J Clin Nutr. 2012;95:147-54 pubmed publisher..03) but not for nonusers (P-interaction = 0.04). The current study does not support the hypothesis that higher intakes of isoflavones prevent gastric cancer in either men or women. ..
- Takahata K, Takahashi H, Maeda T, Umeda S, Suhara T, Mimura M, et al. It's not my fault: postdictive modulation of intentional binding by monetary gains and losses. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e53421 pubmed publisher..Our study not only provides evidence for postdictive modification of agency, but also proposes a possible mechanism of human causality bias. ..
- Shimazaki C, Fuchida S, Suzuki K, Ishida T, Imai H, Sawamura M, et al. Phase 1 study of bortezomib in combination with melphalan and dexamethasone in Japanese patients with relapsed AL amyloidosis. Int J Hematol. 2016;103:79-85 pubmed publisher..Peripheral neuropathy was the most common non-hematologic toxicity (16%). We demonstrated that BMD is safe and tolerable for Japanese AL patients without severe cardiac damage. UMIN000006604. ..
- Akter S, Nanri A, Mizoue T, Noda M, Sawada N, Sasazuki S, et al. Dietary acid load and mortality among Japanese men and women: the Japan Public Health Center-based Prospective Study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:146-154 pubmed publisher..b>Conclusion: A high dietary acid load score was associated with a higher risk of total mortality and mortality from CVD, particularly from IHD, in Japanese adults. ..
- Osuga Y, Fujimoto Okabe H, Hagino A. Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of dienogest in the treatment of painful symptoms in patients with adenomyosis: a randomized, double-blind, multicenter, placebo-controlled study. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:673-678 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that DNG is effective and well tolerated in the treatment for painful symptoms associated with adenomyosis not complicated by severe uterine enlargement or severe anemia. JapicCTI-142642(en). ..
- Sohn D, Kusaka M, Ishizaki T, Shin S, Jang I, Shin J, et al. Incidence of S-mephenytoin hydroxylation deficiency in a Korean population and the interphenotypic differences in diazepam pharmacokinetics. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1992;52:160-9 pubmed
- Harada N, Iijima S, Kobayashi K, Yoshida T, Brown W, Hibi T, et al. Human IgGFc binding protein (FcgammaBP) in colonic epithelial cells exhibits mucin-like structure. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:15232-41 pubmed..FcgammaBP mRNA is expressed only in placenta and colonic epithelial cells. These results suggest that FcgammaBP may play an important role in immune protection and inflammation in the intestines of primates. ..
- Takahashi Y, Nakayama T, Soma M, Izumi Y, Kanmatsuse K. Organization of the human natriuretic peptide receptor A gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;246:736-9 pubmed..The results of this first study, determination of the hNPRA gene structure, will facilitate further genetic analysis of the hNPRA gene and its related diseases. ..
- Takahashi H, Noda S, Imamura Y, Nagasawa A, Kubota R, Mashima Y, et al. Mouse myocilin (Myoc) gene expression in ocular tissues. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;248:104-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that myocilin mutation could affect the capacity of aqueous outflow and cause elevation of the intraocular pressure which is involved in the pathogenesis of glaucoma. ..
- Hashimoto T, Wakabayashi T, Watanabe A, Kowa H, Hosoda R, Nakamura A, et al. CLAC: a novel Alzheimer amyloid plaque component derived from a transmembrane precursor, CLAC-P/collagen type XXV. EMBO J. 2002;21:1524-34 pubmed..Both secreted and membrane-tethered forms of CLAC-P/collagen type XXV specifically bound to fibrillized Abeta, implicating these proteins in beta-amyloidogenesis and neuronal degeneration in AD. ..
- Amagai M, Yamaguchi T, Hanakawa Y, Nishifuji K, Sugai M, Stanley J. Staphylococcal exfoliative toxin B specifically cleaves desmoglein 1. J Invest Dermatol. 2002;118:845-50 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that exfoliative toxin A and exfoliative toxin B cause blister formation in staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome and bullous impetigo by identical molecular pathophysiologic mechanisms...
- Takada A, Feldmann H, Ksiazek T, Kawaoka Y. Antibody-dependent enhancement of Ebola virus infection. J Virol. 2003;77:7539-44 pubmed..Our results suggest a novel mechanism of antibody-dependent enhancement of Ebola virus infection, one that would account for the dire outcome of Ebola outbreaks in human populations...
- Asaba K, Tojo A, Onozato M, Mimura N, Kido M, Goto A, et al. Fibrillary glomerulonephritis associated with essential thrombocytosis. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2003;7:296-300 pubmed..This is the first report of a case of fibrillary glomerulonephritis associated with essential thrombocytosis. ..
- Ozaki K, Inoue K, Sato H, Iida A, Ohnishi Y, Sekine A, et al. Functional variation in LGALS2 confers risk of myocardial infarction and regulates lymphotoxin-alpha secretion in vitro. Nature. 2004;429:72-5 pubmed..Smooth muscle cells and macrophages in the human atherosclerotic lesions expressed both galectin-2 and LTA. Our findings thus suggest a link between the LTA cascade and the pathogenesis of MI. ..
- Yoshida K, Yamaguchi T, Natsume T, Kufe D, Miki Y. JNK phosphorylation of 14-3-3 proteins regulates nuclear targeting of c-Abl in the apoptotic response to DNA damage. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:278-85 pubmed..These findings indicate that 14-3-3 proteins are pivotal regulators of intracellular c-Abl localization and of the apoptotic response to genotoxic stress. ..
- Horikoshi M, Hara K, Ito C, Shojima N, Nagai R, Ueki K, et al. Variations in the HHEX gene are associated with increased risk of type 2 diabetes in the Japanese population. Diabetologia. 2007;50:2461-6 pubmed..023, p = 0.0083, respectively). HHEX is a common type 2 diabetes-susceptibility gene across different ethnic groups. ..
- Koinuma D, Tsutsumi S, Kamimura N, Taniguchi H, Miyazawa K, Sunamura M, et al. Chromatin immunoprecipitation on microarray analysis of Smad2/3 binding sites reveals roles of ETS1 and TFAP2A in transforming growth factor beta signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:172-86 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal novel regulatory mechanisms of Smad2/3-induced transcription and provide an essential resource for understanding their roles. ..
- Orito S, Kuroda T, Onoe Y, Sato Y, Ohta H. Age-related distribution of bone and skeletal parameters in 1,322 Japanese young women. J Bone Miner Metab. 2009;27:698-704 pubmed publisher..PBM was reached at age 18. Control of body weight by using total hip BMD as an index for intervention should be reasonable. ..
- Ban Y, Watanabe T, Suguro T, Matsuyama T, Iso Y, Sakai T, et al. Increased plasma urotensin-II and carotid atherosclerosis are associated with vascular dementia. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2009;16:179-87 pubmed..1 mm) and VaD as compared with SBP, LDL cholesterol, and interleukin-6 levels. Increased plasma IR-UII levels and carotid atherosclerosis may be involved in the pathogenesis and progression of VaD. ..
- Hiramatsu M, Ninomiya H, Inamura K, Nomura K, Takeuchi K, Satoh Y, et al. Activation status of receptor tyrosine kinase downstream pathways in primary lung adenocarcinoma with reference of KRAS and EGFR mutations. Lung Cancer. 2010;70:94-102 pubmed publisher..The signal proteins were differently related to mutation status from cultured cells. ..
- Sugiyama E, Kaniwa N, Kim S, Hasegawa R, Saito Y, Ueno H, et al. Population pharmacokinetics of gemcitabine and its metabolite in Japanese cancer patients: impact of genetic polymorphisms. Clin Pharmacokinet. 2010;49:549-58 pubmed publisher..A population pharmacokinetic model that included CDA genotypes as a covariate for gemcitabine and dFdU in Japanese cancer patients was successfully constructed. The model confirms the clinical importance of the CDA*3 genotype. ..
- Low S, Kuchiba A, Zembutsu H, Saito A, Takahashi A, Kubo M, et al. Genome-wide association study of pancreatic cancer in Japanese population. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11824 pubmed publisher..3, 12p11.21 and 7q36.2, respectively. These associated SNPs are located within linkage disequilibrium blocks containing genes that have been implicated some roles in the oncogenesis of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Omagari D, Takenouchi Ohkubo N, Endo S, Ishigami T, Sawada A, Moro I, et al. Nuclear factor kappa B plays a pivotal role in polyinosinic-polycytidylic acid-induced expression of human ?-defensin 2 in intestinal epithelial cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 2011;165:85-93 pubmed publisher..These results indicate clearly that NF-?B plays an indispensable role in poly I:C induced hBD-2 expression in HT-29 cells. ..
- Akasaka Manya K, Manya H, Mizuno M, Inazu T, Endo T. Effects of length and amino acid sequence of O-mannosyl peptides on substrate specificity of protein O-linked mannose ?1,2-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase 1 (POMGnT1). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;410:632-6 pubmed publisher..Our results also show that the amino acid sequence affects POMGnT1 activity. These data suggest that both length and amino acid sequence of mannosyl peptides are determinants of POMGnT1 substrate specificity. ..
- Saito T, Shimizu Y, Hori M, Taguchi M, Igarashi T, Fukumoto S, et al. A patient with hypophosphatemic rickets and ossification of posterior longitudinal ligament caused by a novel homozygous mutation in ENPP1 gene. Bone. 2011;49:913-6 pubmed publisher..Because Enpp1 knockout mouse is a model of OPLL, this case also suggests that OPLL is associated with ARHR2...
- Ono K, Arimoto H, Shirotani T. [Correlation between increased platelet ADP aggregability and silent brain infarcts]. Brain Nerve. 2012;64:185-9 pubmed..Platelet ADP hyperaggregability might be a risk factor for silent brain infarcts. ..
- Yu J, Akishita M, Eto M, Koizumi H, Hashimoto R, Ogawa S, et al. Src kinase-mediates androgen receptor-dependent non-genomic activation of signaling cascade leading to endothelial nitric oxide synthase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;424:538-43 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that testosterone induces rapid assembly of a membrane signaling complex among AR, caveolin-1 and c-Src, which then facilitates activation of the c-Src/ PI3-kinase/Akt cascade, resulting in activation of eNOS. ..
- Yi S, Poudel K, Yasuoka J, Palmer P, Yi S, Yanagisawa S, et al. Sibling care, school performance, and depression among adolescent caretakers in Cambodia. Asian J Psychiatr. 2012;5:132-6 pubmed publisher..001); also poor school performance (p<0.001). Sibling care responsibility might have negative impact on school performance and the mental health condition of adolescent caretakers. ..
- Ando M, Funayama M, Li Y, Kashihara K, Murakami Y, Ishizu N, et al. VPS35 mutation in Japanese patients with typical Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord. 2012;27:1413-7 pubmed publisher..In VPS35, p.D620N substitution may be a mutational hot spot across different ethnic populations. Based on the clinical features, VPS35 should be analyzed in patients with PD, especially autosomal dominant PD or tremor-predominant PD. ..
- Matsuoka M, Sasaki T, Seki N, Kobayashi M, Sawabe K, Sasaki Y, et al. Hemin-binding proteins as potent markers for serological diagnosis of infections with Bartonella quintana. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2013;20:620-6 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that synthetic peptides HbpB2 and HbpD3 might be suitable for developing serological tools for differential diagnosis of B. quintana infections from other Bartonella infections. ..
- Kabuta T, Mitsui T, Takahashi M, Fujiwara Y, Kabuta C, Konya C, et al. Ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase L1 (UCH-L1) acts as a novel potentiator of cyclin-dependent kinases to enhance cell proliferation independently of its hydrolase activity. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:12615-26 pubmed publisher..We concluded that UCH-L1 is a novel regulator of the kinase activities of CDKs. We believe that our findings from this study will significantly contribute to our understanding of cell cycle-associated diseases. ..
- Aizawa Y, Sato M, Kitazawa H, Aizawa Y, Takatsuki S, Oda E, et al. Tachycardia-dependent augmentation of "notched J waves" in a general patient population without ventricular fibrillation or cardiac arrest: not a repolarization but a depolarization abnormality?. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:376-83 pubmed publisher..J waves in a general patient population were augmented at shorter RR intervals, but not at prolonged RR intervals. Mechanistically, conduction delay is most likely responsible for this. ..
- Nukuzuma S, Nakamichi K, Kameoka M, Sugiura S, Nukuzuma C, Tasaki T, et al. Suppressive effect of topoisomerase inhibitors on JC polyomavirus propagation in human neuroblastoma cells. Microbiol Immunol. 2016;60:253-60 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that topotecan and Î²-lapachone affects JCPyV propagation in human neuroblastoma cell lines, suggesting that topotecan and Î²-lapachone could potentially be used to treat PML. ..
- Pang Z, Kushiyama A, Sun J, Kikuchi T, Yamazaki H, Iwamoto Y, et al. Glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) is a novel biomarker for the prediction of autoimmune diabetes. FASEB J. 2017;31:4053-4063 pubmed publisher..Iwamoto, Y., Koriyama, H., Yoshida, S., Shimamura, M., Higuchi, M., Kawano, T., Takami, Y., Rakugi, H., Morishita, R., Nakagumi, H. Glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) is a novel biomarker for the prediction of autoimmune diabetes. ..
- Teshima S, Shimosato Y, Kodama T, Koide T, Suganuma M, Fujiki H. Resistance of human bronchial epithelial cells to teleocidin in a two-stage carcinogenesis experiment. Acta Pathol Jpn. 1987;37:1859-65 pubmed..Thus, teleocidin had an effect on mouse tissues, but seemed to have no effect on human bronchial cells, although it is uncertain whether the grafted human bronchi were initiated by DMBA. ..
- Hoshino M, Nakamura Y, Sim J. Expression of growth factors and remodelling of the airway wall in bronchial asthma. Thorax. 1998;53:21-7 pubmed
- Arai T, Akiyama Y, Nagasaki H, Murase N, Okabe S, Ikeuchi T, et al. EXTL3/EXTR1 alterations in colorectal cancer cell lines. Int J Oncol. 1999;15:915-9 pubmed..Although there is still no definitive evidence that EXTL3 is a tumor suppressor gene for CRC, these data suggest that inactivation of the EXTL3 gene may at least offer a selective growth advantage for some CRC cell lines. ..
- Sawauchi S, Yuhki K, Abe T. [The relationship between delayed traumatic intracerebral hematoma and coagulopathy in patients diagnosed with a traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage]. No Shinkei Geka. 2001;29:131-7 pubmed..We conclude that a clotting study at the time of admission is of value in predicting the occurrence of DTICH associated with TSAH. ..
- Uchida Y, Gomi F, Masumizu T, Miura Y. Growth inhibitory factor prevents neurite extension and the death of cortical neurons caused by high oxygen exposure through hydroxyl radical scavenging. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32353-9 pubmed..These results indicate that GIF prevents neurite extension of neurons in the early period of differentiation and supports the survival of differentiated neurons by scavenging hydroxyl radicals. ..
- Mashima H, Ueda N, Ohno H, Suzuki J, Ohnishi H, Yasuda H, et al. A novel mitochondrial Ca2+-dependent solute carrier in the liver identified by mRNA differential display. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9520-7 pubmed..Taken together, MCSC may play an important role in regulating the function of hepatocytes rather than in differentiation in vivo. ..
- Iwasaki S, Matsui Y, Ito K, Naito R, Abbey K. Hypertrophic cranial pachymeningitis presenting as steroid-responsive hearing loss. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2003;112:476-9 pubmed
- Yoshida Y, Tokunaga F, Chiba T, Iwai K, Tanaka K, Tai T. Fbs2 is a new member of the E3 ubiquitin ligase family that recognizes sugar chains. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:43877-84 pubmed..Thus, Fbs2 is a novel member of F-box protein family that recognizes N-glycans and plays a role in ERAD. ..
- Sondenaa K, Kubota K, Sano K, Takayama T, Makuuchi M. Successful reconstruction of segmental or subsegmental bile ducts after resection of hilar bile ducts: short- and long-term results. Hepatogastroenterology. 2004;51:1278-81 pubmed..Our technique for reconstructing small bile ducts with mucosa-to-mucosa alignment is considered adequate from the viewpoint of short- and long-term results. ..
- Matsubara D, Niki T, Ishikawa S, Goto A, Ohara E, Yokomizo T, et al. Differential expression of S100A2 and S100A4 in lung adenocarcinomas: clinicopathological significance, relationship to p53 and identification of their target genes. Cancer Sci. 2005;96:844-57 pubmed
- Shibata N, Ohnuma T, Higashi S, Higashi M, Usui C, Ohkubo T, et al. Genetic association between USF 1 and USF 2 gene polymorphisms and Japanese Alzheimer's disease. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2006;61:660-2 pubmed..For the USF 2 gene, the two SNPs did not show significant association with onset of AD. Our study suggests that the three SNPs of the USF 1 gene and two SNPs of the USF 2 gene presented here are not associated with onset of AD. ..
- Miura Ochiai R, Shimada Y, Konno T, Yamazaki S, Aoki K, Ohno S, et al. Quantitative detection and rapid identification of human adenoviruses. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:958-67 pubmed..LightCycler PCR followed by phylogenetic analysis provides an effective tool for the rapid identification of hAdVs and for studying molecular epidemiology...
- Cui R, Takahashi F, Ohashi R, Gu T, Yoshioka M, Nishio K, et al. Abrogation of the interaction between osteopontin and alphavbeta3 integrin reduces tumor growth of human lung cancer cells in mice. Lung Cancer. 2007;57:302-10 pubmed..Targeting the interaction between OPN and alphavbeta3 integrin could be effective for future development of anti-angiogenic therapeutic agents for patients with lung cancer. ..
- Nguyen T, Hoang L, Pham L, Hoang K, Okitsu S, Mizuguchi M, et al. Norovirus and sapovirus infections among children with acute gastroenteritis in Ho Chi Minh City during 2005-2006. J Trop Pediatr. 2008;54:102-13 pubmed publisher..These results provide important information on calicivirus infections among Vietnamese children. ..
- Ogawa Y, Kanai Azuma M, Akimoto Y, Kawakami H, Yanoshita R. Exosome-like vesicles with dipeptidyl peptidase IV in human saliva. Biol Pharm Bull. 2008;31:1059-62 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that human whole saliva contains exosome-like vesicles; they might participate in the catabolism of bioactive peptides and play a regulatory role in local immune defense in the oral cavity. ..
- Shimizu K, Kikuchi K, Sasaki T, Takahashi N, Ohtsuka M, Ono Y, et al. Smqnr, a new chromosome-carried quinolone resistance gene in Stenotrophomonas maltophilia. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2008;52:3823-5 pubmed publisher..The expression of Smqnr in Escherichia coli decreased the susceptibilities of the E. coli isolates to several fluoroquinolones. ..
- Kowada A, Takahashi O, Shimbo T, Ohde S, Tokuda Y, Fukui T. Cost effectiveness of interferon-gamma release assay for tuberculosis contact screening in Japan. Mol Diagn Ther. 2008;12:235-51 pubmed..10/QALY gained, compared with the TST/QFT strategy. The QFT-alone strategy is the most cost effective for tuberculosis contact screening in Japan. ..
- Oshimori N, Li X, Ohsugi M, Yamamoto T. Cep72 regulates the localization of key centrosomal proteins and proper bipolar spindle formation. EMBO J. 2009;28:2066-76 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that Cep72 is the key protein essential for maintaining microtubule-organizing activity and structural integrity of the centrosome. ..
- Ogiso H, Nakamura K, Yatomi Y, Shimizu T, Taguchi R. Liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry analysis revealing preferential occurrence of non-arachidonate-containing phosphatidylinositol bisphosphate species in nuclei and changes in their levels during cell cycle. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2010;24:436-42 pubmed publisher..The techniques used in this study will be applied to clinical studies on a PtdInsPs metabolism. ..
- Suzuki E, Daniels T, Helguera G, Penichet M, Umezawa K, Bonavida B. Inhibition of NF-kappaB and Akt pathways by an antibody-avidin fusion protein sensitizes malignant B-cells to cisplatin-induced apoptosis. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:1299-307 pubmed..1Av. Overall, this study provides evidence of the therapeutic potential of ch128.1Av as a chemo-sensitizing agent in drug-resistant tumor cells. ..
- Yokosuka A, Sato K, Yamori T, Mimaki Y. Triterpene glycosides from Curculigo orchioides and their cytotoxic activity. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:1102-6 pubmed publisher..0 and 1.8 microM, respectively. The cancer cell growth inhibition of 1a was also examined using a panel of 39 human cancer cell lines in the Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research...
- Gotoh M, Hashiguchi K, Okubo K. Efficacy of epinastine hydrochloride for antigen-provoked nasal symptoms in subjects with orchard grass pollinosis. Allergol Int. 2011;60:69-77 pubmed publisher..As compared with placebo, epinastine hydrochloride decreased early-phase sneezing and the total nasal symptom score after repeated nasal provocations with orchard grass pollen discs. ..
- Wong C, Shimada M, Nagakura Y, Nugroho A, Hirasawa Y, Kaneda T, et al. Ceramicines E-I, new limonoids from Chisocheton ceramicus. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2011;59:407-11 pubmed..The absolute structure of previously isolated ceramicine B (6) was also elucidated by circular dichroism (CD) and X-ray analysis. ..
- Nagaoka T, Mizuno J, Ino K, Yoshimura T, Sakamoto H, Morita S. [Femoral and sciatic nerve blocks for open reduction and internal fixation of a femoral condylar fracture in a patient with post-polio syndrome]. Masui. 2011;60:964-7 pubmed..Femoral and sciatic nerve blocks are safe and effective anesthetic methods for lower extremity surgery in patients with restrictive ventilatory impairment and hypercapnia due to scoliosis and SAS as PPS. ..
- Kaido M, Matsumoto Y, Shigeno Y, Ishida R, Dogru M, Tsubota K. Corneal fluorescein staining correlates with visual function in dry eye patients. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:9516-22 pubmed publisher..Functional VA measurement may be an applicable method of evaluating visual performance in dry eyes that is as efficient as wavefront aberration measurements. ..
- Yoshida A, Sekine S, Tsuta K, Fukayama M, Furuta K, Tsuda H. NKX2.2 is a useful immunohistochemical marker for Ewing sarcoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2012;36:993-9 pubmed publisher..All the other non-Ewing tumors tested were negative for this marker. NKX2.2 is a valuable marker for Ewing sarcoma, with a sensitivity of 93% and a specificity of 89%, and aids in the differential diagnosis of small round cell tumors. ..
- Masuda N. Ingroup favoritism and intergroup cooperation under indirect reciprocity based on group reputation. J Theor Biol. 2012;311:8-18 pubmed publisher..The discovered mechanism is distinct from any form of group selection. The results also suggest potential methods for reducing ingroup bias to shift the equilibrium from ingroup favoritism to full cooperation. ..
- Makishi P, Thitthaweerat S, Sadr A, Shimada Y, Martins A, Tagami J, et al. Assessment of current adhesives in class I cavity: Nondestructive imaging using optical coherence tomography and microtensile bond strength. Dent Mater. 2015;31:e190-200 pubmed publisher..There was a significant correlation between sealing performance and bond strength of the adhesives in the whole cavity. After aging, the two-step systems showed equal or superior performance to the all-in-one and Silorane systems. ..
- Fujiyoshi K, Yamamoto G, Takenoya T, Takahashi A, Arai Y, Yamada M, et al. Metastatic Pattern of Stage IV Colorectal Cancer with High-Frequency Microsatellite Instability as a Prognostic Factor. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:239-247 pubmed..33 vs. 5.2 years; p=0.006). Prognosis of stage IV CRC with MSI-H depended on the metastatic pattern. These findings provide useful information for the adaptation of CRC immunotherapy. ..
- Hikami K, Tsuchiya N, Tokunaga K. New variations in human OX40 ligand (CD134L) gene. Genes Immun. 2000;1:521-2 pubmed..19 (C-->G) was detected in only one healthy individual. There was no association between these variations and the presence of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) or systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). ..
- Misaka T, Miyashita T, Kubo Y. Primary structure of a dynamin-related mouse mitochondrial GTPase and its distribution in brain, subcellular localization, and effect on mitochondrial morphology. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:15834-42 pubmed..In each case, it was distributed in the vesicular pattern seen in other cell types. ..
- Nonaka M, Kadokura M, Ohkubo F, Kushihashi T, Kunimura T, Kataoka D, et al. Post radiation inflammatory malignant fibrous histiocytoma arising from the chest wall. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2001;7:371-4 pubmed..Chest wall reconstruction was performed. The tumor measured 45 x 45 mm and invaded the sternum. The pathologic diagnosis was malignant fibrous histiocytoma. Early and complete excision of the tumor is indicated. ..
- Kuwana M, Kimura K, Kawakami Y. Identification of an immunodominant epitope on RNA polymerase III recognized by systemic sclerosis sera: application to enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. Arthritis Rheum. 2002;46:2742-7 pubmed..The ELISA using a recombinant fragment expressing the immunodominant epitope should be a valuable tool for routine screening for anti-RNAP I/III antibodies in clinical diagnostic laboratories. ..
- Nakatani H, Sano T, Iuchi T. Development of vaccination policy in Japan: current issues and policy directions. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2002;55:101-11 pubmed..Finally, the future prospects of intended/planned changes in the vaccination policy are considered. ..
- Arimura T, Hayashi T, Terada H, Lee S, Zhou Q, Takahashi M, et al. A Cypher/ZASP mutation associated with dilated cardiomyopathy alters the binding affinity to protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6746-52 pubmed..It was demonstrated by both assays that the D626N mutation of Cypher/ZASP increased the affinity of the LIM domain for protein kinase C, suggesting a novel biochemical mechanism of the pathogenesis of dilated cardiomyopathy. ..
- Kudo M, Ishiwata T, Nakazawa N, Kawahara K, Fujii T, Teduka K, et al. Keratinocyte growth factor-transfection-stimulated adhesion of colorectal cancer cells to extracellular matrices. Exp Mol Pathol. 2007;83:443-52 pubmed..These results indicate that KGF enhances the adhesion of colorectal cancer cells to type-IV collagen through ERK and FAK signaling pathways. ..
- Oomi T, Nakagawa E, Fujikawa Y, Komaki H, Sugai K, Sasaki M. [Recurrent fever related to dantrolene sodium in a girl with sequelae of acute encephalopathy]. No To Hattatsu. 2007;39:440-3 pubmed..When dantrolene was once again discontinued, the fever immediately went down. We concluded that the fever of the patient was induced by dantrolene. ..
- Uchida Y, Inazu M, Takeda H, Yamada T, Tajima H, Matsumiya T. Expression and functional characterization of choline transporter in human keratinocytes. J Pharmacol Sci. 2009;109:102-9 pubmed..The present biochemical and pharmacological data suggest that CTL1a is functionally expressed in human keratinocytes and is responsible for the uptake of choline and organic cations in these cells...
- Nishigori K, Yamamoto T, Yokozeki H. Vesiculo-bullous dermatomyositis: report of three cases. Dermatol Online J. 2009;15:6 pubmed..Prior reports suggest that internal malignancy is much higher in patients with vesiculo-bullous DM than in those unassociated with bullous lesions. Clinicians should be aware of vesiculo-bullous type DM. ..