Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on blood glucose in Ehime, Japan
Locale: Ehime, Japan
Topic: blood glucose
- Kawamoto R, Kusunoki T, Abe M, Kohara K, Miki T. An association between body mass index and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein concentrations is influenced by age in community-dwelling persons. Ann Clin Biochem. 2013;50:457-64 pubmed publisher..00 mg/L) compared with the normal-weight (BMI <22.0 kg/m(2)), but such an association was not observed in those aged ? 75 years. Adiposity promotes low-grade systemic inflammation in community-dwelling persons aged <75 years. ..
- Tsujita T, Takaku T, Suzuki T. Chestnut astringent skin extract, an alpha-amylase inhibitor, retards carbohydrate absorption in rats and humans. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2008;54:82-8 pubmed..These results suggest that CAS extract retards absorption of carbohydrate and reduces post-prandial hyperglycemia. ..
- Makino H, Shimizu I, Murao S, Kondo S, Tabara Y, Fujiyama M, et al. A pilot study suggests that the G/G genotype of resistin single nucleotide polymorphism at -420 may be an independent predictor of a reduction in fasting plasma glucose and insulin resistance by pioglitazone in type 2 diabetes. Endocr J. 2009;56:1049-58 pubmed..511, P=0.044). Therefore, this pilot study suggests that the G/G genotype of resistin SNP -420 may be an independent predictor of the reduction of fasting plasma glucose and HOMA-IR by pioglitazone. ..
- Min L, Mogi M, Shudou M, Jing F, Tsukuda K, Ohshima K, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-? activation with angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockade is pivotal for the prevention of blood-brain barrier impairment and cognitive decline in type 2 diabetic mice. Hypertension. 2012;59:1079-88 pubmed publisher
- Tsujita T, Shintani T, Sato H. α-Amylase inhibitory activity from nut seed skin polyphenols. 1. Purification and characterization of almond seed skin polyphenols. J Agric Food Chem. 2013;61:4570-6 pubmed publisher..The results suggest almond seed skin contains highly polymerized polyphenols with strong α-amylase inhibitory activity, which retard absorption of carbohydrate. ..
- Kawamoto R, Tabara Y, Kohara K, Kusunoki T, Abe M, Miki T. Serum uric acid is more strongly associated with impaired fasting glucose in women than in men from a community-dwelling population. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65886 pubmed publisher..005). SUA levels are associated with different categories of impaired fasting glucose in participants from community-dwelling persons, particularly in women. ..