Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on antineoplastic agents in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: antineoplastic agents
Publications273 found, 100 shown here
- Mikami Terao Y, Akiyama M, Yuza Y, Yanagisawa T, Yamada O, Kawano T, et al. Antitumor activity of TMPyP4 interacting G-quadruplex in retinoblastoma cell lines. Exp Eye Res. 2009;89:200-8 pubmed publisher..This study provides insight into the molecular mechanism of the antitumor effects of TMPyP4. G-quadruplex structure may be a potential therapeutic target in retinoblastoma. ..
- Funayama K, Murai F, Shimane M, Nomura H, Asano S. Adhesion-induced drug resistance in leukemia stem cells. Pharmacology. 2010;86:79-84 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that adhesion alone can lead to drug resistance in leukemic stem cells by various mechanisms. ..
- Tsukimoto M, Nagaoka M, Shishido Y, Fujimoto J, Nishisaka F, Matsumoto S, et al. Bacterial production of the tunicate-derived antitumor cyclic depsipeptide didemnin B. J Nat Prod. 2011;74:2329-31 pubmed publisher..A favorable strategy for the production of such compounds is to use culturable microorganisms. Here we report that didemnin B, a tunicate-derived depsipeptide, has been isolated from a culturable bacterium, Tistrella mobilis YIT 12409...
- Hayakawa S, Saito K, Miyoshi N, Ohishi T, Oishi Y, Miyoshi M, et al. Anti-Cancer Effects of Green Tea by Either Anti- or Pro- Oxidative Mechanisms. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:1649-54 pubmed..However, further studies are required to elucidate which determinant directs (-)-epigallocatechin gallate action as an anti-oxidant or a pro-oxidant for favorable activity. ..
- Doi T, Hamaguchi T, Shitara K, Iwasa S, Shimada Y, Harada M, et al. NC-6004 Phase I study in combination with gemcitabine for advanced solid tumors and population PK/PD analysis. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2017;79:569-578 pubmed publisher..Estimated probability of acute kidney injury on this PK/PD simulation was 30% with NC-6004 and 70% with cisplatin, which may better explain the renal toxicity profile. ..
- Nirei T, Ishihara S, Tanaka T, Kiyomatsu T, Kawai K, Hata K, et al. Polymeric micelles loaded with (1,2-diaminocyclohexane)platinum(II) against colorectal cancer. J Surg Res. 2017;218:334-340 pubmed publisher..We investigated the potential of nanomedicine in loading the oxaliplatin parent complex (1,2-diaminocyclohexane)platinum(II)-loaded polymeric micelles (DACHPt/m) against multiple liver metastases from colon cancer in a mouse model...
- Tanji S, Akima K, Yoshioka M, Nomura K, Horiba M, Aimoto T. [Studies on metabolism and disposition of sizofiran (SPG), an anti-tumor polysaccharide. II. Effects on hepatic drug-metabolizing enzyme system in rats]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 1990;110:159-62 pubmed..These results may indicate that the therapeutically effective dose of SPG has no effect on a hepatic drug-metabolizing enzyme system in rats. ..
- Yamada T, Endo R, Gotoh M, Hirohashi S. Identification of semaphorin E as a non-MDR drug resistance gene of human cancers. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:14713-8 pubmed..Recently, another member of the semaphorin family, CD100, was shown to significantly improve the viability of B lymphocytes. These results suggest the involvement of semaphorins in diverse cell survival mechanisms. ..
- Kikuchi K, Hoashi T, Yazawa N, Tamaki K. Pseudoscleroderma associated with cancer. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2006;31:381-3 pubmed..Elevated expression of bFGF was detected on fibroblasts of affected skin and in one lung-cancer tissue sample obtained by excision. ..
- Shimizu T, Takahashi N, Terakado M, Akusawa H, Tsujino I, Horie T. Influence of lymphocytes in malignant pleural effusion on the therapeutic efficacy of intrapleural OK-432 in lung cancer patients. Intern Med. 2006;45:715-20 pubmed..In the High lymphocyte rate group, intrapleural OK-432 for malignant pleural effusion was effective. We conclude that intrapleural OK-432 is useful for malignant pleural effusion patients with a high lymphocyte rate before treatment. ..
- Seto Y, Chin K, Gomi K, Kozuka T, Fukuda T, Yamada K, et al. Treatment of thoracic esophageal carcinoma invading adjacent structures. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:937-42 pubmed..These challenging treatments have the potential to constitute the most effective therapeutic strategy. ..
- Miyagawa K. Clinical relevance of the homologous recombination machinery in cancer therapy. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:187-94 pubmed..These findings highlight the importance of HR machinery in cancer therapy. ..
- Shimasaki N, Mori T, Torii C, Sato R, Shimada H, Tanigawara Y, et al. Influence of MTHFR and RFC1 polymorphisms on toxicities during maintenance chemotherapy for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia or lymphoma. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2008;30:347-52 pubmed publisher..04) more frequently. This preliminary study does not prove but suggests that MTHFR 677C/T and RFC1 80G/A polymorphisms may serve as predictors of toxicity during maintenance chemotherapy. ..
- Maruyama D, Watanabe T, Heike Y, Nagase K, Takahashi N, Yamasaki S, et al. Stromal cells in bone marrow play important roles in pro-inflammatory cytokine secretion causing fever following bortezomib administration in patients with multiple myeloma. Int J Hematol. 2008;88:396-402 pubmed publisher..Although this investigation was a preliminary study with a small number of patients, our results suggested that pro-inflammatory cytokines causing bortezomib-associated fever were secreted from BMSCs rather than MM cells. ..
- Osaki M, Takeshita F, Ochiya T. MicroRNAs as biomarkers and therapeutic drugs in human cancer. Biomarkers. 2008;13:658-70 pubmed..This paper introduces the aberrant expression of miRNAs in human cancer, and discusses the potential of these miRNAs as biomarkers and targets/molecules for molecular therapy. ..
- Sakamaki H, Ishizawa K, Taniwaki M, Fujisawa S, Morishima Y, Tobinai K, et al. Phase 1/2 clinical study of dasatinib in Japanese patients with chronic myeloid leukemia or Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Int J Hematol. 2009;89:332-341 pubmed publisher..Dasatinib therapy resulted in high rates of hematologic and cytogenetic response, suggesting that dasatinib is promising as a new treatment for Japanese CML and Ph(+) ALL patients resistant or intolerant to imatinib. ..
- Ide H, Kikuchi E, Kono H, Nagata H, Miyajima A, Nakagawa K, et al. Docetaxel in combination with prednisolone for hormone refractory prostate cancer. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2010;40:79-84 pubmed publisher..Although interstitial pneumonia was rare, the potential risk of its development should be taken into consideration. ..
- Ito Y. [Treatment with oral agents for breast cancer]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2010;37:1203-7 pubmed
- Furukawa K, Iida T, Shiba H, Fujiwara Y, Uwagawa T, Shimada Y, et al. Anti-tumor effect by inhibition of NF-kappaB activation using nafamostat mesilate for pancreatic cancer in a mouse model. Oncol Rep. 2010;24:843-50 pubmed..These results suggested that nafamostat mesilate has anti-neoplastic property against experimental pancreatic cancer. ..
- Takeuchi Y, Fujino Y, Fukushima K, Watanabe M, Nakagawa T, Ohno K, et al. Biological effect of tyrosine kinase inhibitors on three canine mast cell tumor cell lines with various KIT statuses. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2012;35:97-104 pubmed publisher..There was little influence of ABCB1 on TKI effects to the proliferation of VIMC1. These results will be helpful to understand the different sensitivity to TKIs in cMCT patients...
- Hayakawa Y, Hirata Y, Sakitani K, Nakagawa H, Nakata W, Kinoshita H, et al. Apoptosis signal-regulating kinase-1 inhibitor as a potent therapeutic drug for the treatment of gastric cancer. Cancer Sci. 2012;103:2181-5 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ASK1 inhibition prevents GC cell growth in vitro and in vivo, suggesting that ASK1 inhibitors can be potent therapeutic drugs for GC. ..
- Fujisawa T, Takahashi M, Tsukamoto Y, Yamaguchi N, Nakoji M, Endo M, et al. The ASK1-specific inhibitors K811 and K812 prolong survival in a mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:245-53 pubmed publisher..These results reinforce the importance of ASK1 as a therapeutic target for ALS treatment. ..
- Yoshikawa M, Ikegami Y, Hayasaka S, Ishii K, Ito A, Sano K, et al. Novel camptothecin analogues that circumvent ABCG2-associated drug resistance in human tumor cells. Int J Cancer. 2004;110:921-7 pubmed..The present study provides a practical approach to discover new CPT-based drugs for the chemotherapy of drug-resistant human cancer...
- Miyazaki A, Kato K, Nemoto S. Role of microtubules and centrosomes in the eccentric relocation of the germinal vesicle upon meiosis reinitiation in sea-cucumber oocytes. Dev Biol. 2005;280:237-47 pubmed..These observations suggest that microtubules and centrosomes participate in GV relocation. A very large mass of annulate lamellae, having a 20-microm diameter, was found in the vegetal pole of the oocytes. ..
- Yamagata T, Kusuhara H, Morishita M, Takayama K, Benameur H, Sugiyama Y. Improvement of the oral drug absorption of topotecan through the inhibition of intestinal xenobiotic efflux transporter, breast cancer resistance protein, by excipients. Drug Metab Dispos. 2007;35:1142-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that Pluronic P85 and Tween 20 can improve the oral bioavailability of BCRP substrates by inhibiting BCRP function in the small intestine...
- Matsuoka A, Isama K, Tanimura S, Kohno M, Yamori T. A novel candidate compound with urethane structure for anticancer drug development. Curr Drug Discov Technol. 2007;4:69-76 pubmed..MDU is simpler in structure than existing anticancer drugs taxol and vincristine and can be synthesized relatively easily. Here we offer MDU as a potential new type of anticancer drug, stable even at room temperature, and inexpensive...
- Suzuki M, Shimizu T, Kudo T, Shoji H, Ohtsuka Y, Yamashiro Y. Octreotide prevents L-asparaginase-induced pancreatic injury in rats. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:172-80 pubmed..Prior treatment with octreotide prevented the development of ASNase-induced pancreatic injury. ..
- Terui Y, Mishima Y, Sugimura N, Kojima K, Sakurai T, Mishima Y, et al. Identification of CD20 C-terminal deletion mutations associated with loss of CD20 expression in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:2523-30 pubmed publisher..05). It is possible that C-terminal deletion mutations of CD20 may be related to relapse/resistance after rituximab therapy. These mutations should be examined in patients showing progression of disease after partial remission. ..
- Liu J, Uematsu H, Tsuchida N, Ikeda M. Association of caspase-8 mutation with chemoresistance to cisplatin in HOC313 head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;390:989-94 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the loss of caspase-8 plays an important role in acquisition of chemoresistance to cisplatin in HOC313 cells. ..
- Wakimoto T, Mori T, Morita H, Abe I. Cytotoxic tetramic acid derivative produced by a plant type-III polyketide synthase. J Am Chem Soc. 2011;133:4746-9 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, the novel tetramic acid dimer D-5 formed from D-phenylalanoyl-CoA showed moderate antiproliferative activity against murine leukemia P388 cells. ..
- Kawanobe T, Kogure S, Nakamura S, Sato M, Katayama K, Mitsuhashi J, et al. Expression of human ABCB5 confers resistance to taxanes and anthracyclines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;418:736-41 pubmed publisher..ABCB5 ATPase activity was 1.25-fold higher in the presence of 100?M docetaxel than it was in the absence of docetaxel. These results indicates that the full-length ABCB5 protein has ATPase activity that is sensitive to docetaxel. ..
- Ishigami H, Kaisaki S, Kitayama J. [The updated treatment strategy for gastric cancer with peritoneal metastasis]. Nihon Geka Gakkai Zasshi. 2012;113:18-21 pubmed..We have just started a phase III trial (PHOENIX-GC trial) comparing our IP regimen versus S-1 plus CDDP. ..
- Chi H, Ly B, Kano Y, Tojo A, Watanabe T, Sato Y. ETV6-NTRK3 as a therapeutic target of small molecule inhibitor PKC412. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;429:87-92 pubmed publisher..Our data for the first time suggested that PKC412 could serve as therapeutic drug for treatment of patients with this fusion. ..
- Takehara Y, Satoh T, Nishizawa A, Saeki K, Nakamura M, Masuzawa M, et al. Anti-tumor effects of inactivated Sendai virus particles with an IL-2 gene on angiosarcoma. Clin Immunol. 2013;149:1-10 pubmed publisher..Immunogene therapy with HVJ-E/IL-2 with or without sunitinib could be a promising therapeutic option for cutaneous angiosarcoma. ..
- Hirano T, Satow R, Kato A, Tamura M, Murayama Y, Saya H, et al. Identification of novel small compounds that restore E-cadherin expression and inhibit tumor cell motility and invasiveness. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;86:1419-29 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that these compounds would be attractive lead molecules as anti-metastasis agents. ..
- de Baere T, Arai Y, Lencioni R, Geschwind J, Rilling W, Salem R, et al. Treatment of Liver Tumors with Lipiodol TACE: Technical Recommendations from Experts Opinion. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2016;39:334-43 pubmed publisher..In order to develop an internationally validated technical recommendation to standardize the Lipiodol TACE procedure, a worldwide panel of experts participated in a consensus meeting held on May 10, 2014 . ..
- Tobinai K, Ogura M, Ishizawa K, Suzuki T, Munakata W, Uchida T, et al. Safety and tolerability of ibrutinib monotherapy in Japanese patients with relapsed/refractory B cell malignancies. Int J Hematol. 2016;103:86-94 pubmed publisher..The overall response rate was 73.3% (11/15) for all cohorts combined. Overall, ibrutinib (420 and 560 mg) was tolerable with acceptable safety profiles and effective for Japanese patients with RRBCM including CLL/SLL. NCT01704963. ..
- Tanabe Y, Tsuda H, Yoshida M, Yunokawa M, Yonemori K, Shimizu C, et al. Pathological features of triple-negative breast cancers that showed progressive disease during neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1520-1529 pubmed publisher..The combinations of high proliferation, metaplastic features, and immunohistochemical statuses of some EMT and basal-like markers and androgen receptor appeared to be able to characterize the TNBCs that showed cPD after NAC. ..
- Kato Y, Onishi H, Machida Y. Biological fate of highly-succinylated N-succinyl-chitosan and antitumor characteristics of its water-soluble conjugate with mitomycin C at i.v. and i.p. administration into tumor-bearing mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2000;23:1497-503 pubmed..v. administration were higher than those at 8 h after i.p. administration. These suggested more localization of the conjugate in peripheral tissues and less excretion at i.p. administration, which might result in greater toxicity. ..
- Takeda Y, Uoto K, Chiba J, Horiuchi T, Iwahana M, Atsumi R, et al. New highly active taxoids from 9beta-dihydrobaccatin-9,10-acetals. Part 4. Bioorg Med Chem. 2003;11:4431-47 pubmed
- Fuke Y, Shinoda S, Nagata I, Sawaki S, Murata M, Ryoyama K, et al. Preventive effect of oral administration of 6-(methylsulfinyl)hexyl isothiocyanate derived from wasabi (Wasabia japonica Matsum) against pulmonary metastasis of B16-BL6 mouse melanoma cells. Cancer Detect Prev. 2006;30:174-9 pubmed
- Tauchi T, Ohyashiki K. The second generation of BCR-ABL tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Int J Hematol. 2006;83:294-300 pubmed..In this review, we discuss the next generation of BCR-ABL kinase inhibitors for overcoming imatinib resistance. ..
- Mae H, Ooi J, Takahashi S, Tomonari A, Tsukada N, Konuma T, et al. Early renal injury after myeloablative cord blood transplantation in adults. Leuk Lymphoma. 2008;49:538-42 pubmed publisher..01). Our result suggests that it is important to monitor VCM dosing more strictly with pharmacokinetic assessment, especially in days 11 - 20, when the most frequently observed declining renal function. ..
- Fukuda K, Saikawa Y, Ohashi M, Kumagai K, Kitajima M, Okano H, et al. Tumor initiating potential of side population cells in human gastric cancer. Int J Oncol. 2009;34:1201-7 pubmed
- Akiyama T, Ueoka R, van Soest R, Matsunaga S. Ceratodictyols, 1-glyceryl ethers from the red alga-sponge association Ceratodictyon spongiosum/Haliclona cymaeformis. J Nat Prod. 2009;72:1552-4 pubmed publisher..Four allylic alcohols were obtained as a pair of epimeric mixtures (3/4 and 5/6). These glyceryl ethers exhibited weak cytotoxic activity against HeLa human cervical cancer cells...
- Sasaki S, Hatanaka K, Sahara N, Uekusa T, Hirayama K, Shirahata A, et al. Collision tumor of primary malignant lymphoma and adenocarcinoma in the colon: report of a case. Surg Today. 2010;40:975-81 pubmed publisher..The accurate clinical determination of the dominant tumor and a close follow-up is required for proper treatment in these cases...
- Yamada O, Ozaki K, Furukawa T, Machida M, Wang Y, Motoji T, et al. Activation of STAT5 confers imatinib resistance on leukemic cells through the transcription of TERT and MDR1. Cell Signal. 2011;23:1119-27 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate a novel mechanism that contributes toward multidrug resistance involving STAT5 as a sensor for cytotoxic drugs in CML patients. ..
- Kato M, Koh K, Kikuchi A, Toyama D, Mochizuki S, Uchisaka N, et al. Case series of pediatric acute leukemia without a peripheral blood abnormality, detected by magnetic resonance imaging. Int J Hematol. 2011;93:787-790 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that in some cases MRI detects leukemia at an earlier phase than does bone marrow aspiration, suggesting that MRI is useful for the diagnosis of acute leukemia. ..
- Tabe Y, Jin L, Iwabuchi K, Wang R, Ichikawa N, Miida T, et al. Role of stromal microenvironment in nonpharmacological resistance of CML to imatinib through Lyn/CXCR4 interactions in lipid rafts. Leukemia. 2012;26:883-92 pubmed publisher..We propose that pharmacological targeting of lipid rafts may eliminate bone marrow-resident CML cells through interference with microenvironment-mediated resistance. ..
- Ishibashi M, Arai M, Tanaka S, Onda K, Hirano T. Antiproliferative and apoptosis-inducing effects of lipophilic vitamins on human melanoma A375 cells in vitro. Biol Pharm Bull. 2012;35:10-7 pubmed..The effects of VK(3) and VK(5) were observed at concentrations lower than 10??mol/L, which are suggested to have resulted from apoptosis-induction in the melanoma cells. ..
- Mayahara H, Ito Y, Morizane C, Ueno H, Okusaka T, Kondo S, et al. Salvage chemoradiotherapy after primary chemotherapy for locally advanced pancreatic cancer: a single-institution retrospective analysis. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:609 pubmed publisher..The strategy of using chemotherapy alone as a primary treatment for LAPC, followed-by CRT with salvage intent should be further investigated in prospective clinical trials. 2011-136 ..
- Tamura A, Ikeda G, Seo J, Tsuchiya K, Yajima H, Sasaki Y, et al. Molecular logistics using cytocleavable polyrotaxanes for the reactivation of enzymes delivered in living cells. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2252 pubmed publisher..Thus, the intracellularly dissociable supermolecules are an attractive system for delivering therapeutic enzymes into living cells. ..
- Nitta H, Baba H, Sugimori K, Furuse J, Ohkawa S, Yamamoto K, et al. Chemotherapy-induced Nausea and Vomiting in Patients with Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Cancer Treated with Chemotherapy: A Prospective Observational Study by the CINV Study Group of Japan. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:1929-35 pubmed..CINV appears to be controlled under management according to the guidelines, but delayed nausea remains prevalent and requires further investigation. ..
- Shimamura Y, Tamatani D, Kuniyasu S, Mizuki Y, Suzuki T, Katsura H, et al. 5-Aminolevulinic Acid Enhances Ultrasound-mediated Antitumor Activity via Mitochondrial Oxidative Damage in Breast Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3607-12 pubmed..5-ALA-SDT showed an antitumor effect in mouse mammary tumor EMT6 cells through oxidation of the mitochondrial membrane via ROS production. ..
- Takimoto R, Kamigaki T, Okada S, Matsuda E, Ibe H, Oguma E, et al. Efficacy of Adoptive Immune-cell Therapy in Patients with Advanced Gastric Cancer: A Retrospective Study. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3947-3954 pubmed..No serious adverse event was reported in immune-cell therapy. Immune-cell therapy might extend the survival of patients with advanced GC. ..
- Takahashi K, Furukawa C, Takano A, Ishikawa N, Kato T, Hayama S, et al. The neuromedin U-growth hormone secretagogue receptor 1b/neurotensin receptor 1 oncogenic signaling pathway as a therapeutic target for lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2006;66:9408-19 pubmed..These data strongly implied that targeting the NMU signaling pathway would be a promising therapeutic strategy for the treatment of lung cancers. ..
- Matsubara J, Yamada Y, Hirashima Y, Takahari D, Okita N, Kato K, et al. Impact of insulin-like growth factor type 1 receptor, epidermal growth factor receptor, and HER2 expressions on outcomes of patients with gastric cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:3022-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that anti-IGF-IR strategies may prove valuable in such patients. ..
- Hayakawa K, Nagamine T. Effect of fucoidan on the biotinidase kinetics in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:1211-7 pubmed..Fucoidan was also found to decrease the Kip of the hepatoma HuH-6 cells. These findings suggest that fucoidan has a potential therapeutic effect on HCC. ..
- Shiozawa K, Watanabe M, Takenaka H, Nagai H, Ishii K, Sakai K, et al. Tumor lysis syndrome after sorafenib for hepatocellular carcinoma: a case report. Hepatogastroenterology. 2010;57:688-90 pubmed..This is a very rare complication developed in a short period treated with sorafenib as a single-agent for an advanced HCC. ..
- Kubota T, Tanino H, Watanabe M, Kitajima M. Antitumor activity of hexamethylmelamine on human tumor xenografts serially transplanted in nude mice. Anticancer Res. 1994;14:2521-4 pubmed..HMM is thought to be a promising agent for the treatment of several types of human carcinoma, producing active metabolites in vivo after peroral administration. ..
- Tsutsumi T, Tokumura A, Kitazawa S. Undifferentiated HL-60 cells internalize an antitumor alkyl ether phospholipid more rapidly than resistant K562 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1390:73-84 pubmed..c) 1998 Elsevier Science B.V...
- Ichinose Y, Tsuchiya R, Koike T, Yasumitsu T, Nakamura K, Tada H, et al. A prematurely terminated phase III trial of intraoperative intrapleural hypotonic cisplatin treatment in patients with resected non-small cell lung cancer with positive pleural lavage cytology: the incidence of carcinomatous pleuritis after surgical . J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2002;123:695-9 pubmed
- Sugimoto Y, Tsukahara S, Ishikawa E, Mitsuhashi J. Breast cancer resistance protein: molecular target for anticancer drug resistance and pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics. Cancer Sci. 2005;96:457-65 pubmed
- Nakagawa Y, Abe S, Kurata M, Hasegawa M, Yamamoto K, Inoue M, et al. IAP family protein expression correlates with poor outcome of multiple myeloma patients in association with chemotherapy-induced overexpression of multidrug resistance genes. Am J Hematol. 2006;81:824-31 pubmed..These findings indicate that IAP family proteins might play a role in worsening the prognosis of MM patients in association with chemotherapy-induced overexpression of MDR1 or LRP. ..
- Kajimoto S, Horie M, Manabe H, Masuda Y, Shibayama Imazu T, Nakajo S, et al. A tyrosine kinase inhibitor, beta-hydroxyisovalerylshikonin, induced apoptosis in human lung cancer DMS114 cells through reduction of dUTP nucleotidohydrolase activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1782:41-50 pubmed..These results suggest that dUTPase activity is one of the crucial factors involved in apoptotic cell death in lung cancer cells. ..
- Sekine K, Takubo K, Kikuchi R, Nishimoto M, Kitagawa M, Abe F, et al. Small molecules destabilize cIAP1 by activating auto-ubiquitylation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:8961-8 pubmed publisher..Manipulation of the intrinsic ubiquitin-ligase activity could be a novel strategy to develop small molecules for therapeutic purposes. ..
- Yanagie H, Hisa T, Ogata A, Miyazaki A, Nonaka Y, Nishihira T, et al. Improvement of sensitivity to platinum compound with siRNA knockdown of upregulated genes in platinum complex-resistant ovarian cancer cells in vitro. Biomed Pharmacother. 2009;63:553-60 pubmed publisher..It is necessary to check the effect of siRNA to influx or exflux. It has potential to enhance the effect of anti-cancer agents to resistant cancer cells, so we will proceed to develop an inhibitor of these TBCE and CBP/p300 proteins. ..
- Kuzumaki N, Suzuki A, Hosoya T, Nagasawa A, Imai S, Yamamizu K, et al. Effect of ?-opioid receptor agonist on the growth of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cells. Br J Cancer. 2012;106:1148-52 pubmed publisher..The present results showed that stimulation of KOR reduces the growth of gefitinib-resistant NSCLC cells through the activation of GSK3?. ..
- Miyazaki H, Nishimatsu H, Kume H, Suzuki M, Fujimura T, Fukuhara H, et al. Leukopenia as a risk factor for osteonecrosis of the jaw in metastatic prostate cancer treated using zoledronic acid and docetaxel. BJU Int. 2012;110:E520-5 pubmed publisher..This study shows that the combination therapy of ZA and TAX increases the risk of ONJ and that tooth extraction and leukopenia induced by TAX are the risk factors...
- Masuda K, Banno K, Yanokura M, Tsuji K, Kobayashi Y, Kisu I, et al. Association of epigenetic inactivation of the WRN gene with anticancer drug sensitivity in cervical cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:1146-52 pubmed publisher..This is the first report to show a relationship between the methylation of the WRN gene and sensitivity to CPT-11 in gynecological cancers. ..
- Dewi N, Yanagie H, Zhu H, Demachi K, Shinohara A, Yokoyama K, et al. Tumor growth suppression by gadolinium-neutron capture therapy using gadolinium-entrapped liposome as gadolinium delivery agent. Biomed Pharmacother. 2013;67:451-7 pubmed publisher..The gadolinium-entrapped liposome will become one of the candidates for Gd delivery system on NCT. ..
- Sugita Y, Takao K, Uesawa Y, Sakagami H. Search for New Type of Anticancer Drugs with High Tumor Specificity and Less Keratinocyte Toxicity. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5919-5924 pubmed..Chemical modification of these lead compounds by introduction of appropriate functional groups is a crucial step towards manufacturing new types of anticancer drugs with reduced keratinocyte toxicity...
- Kuroki Y, Shimoyama M, Inaba S, Hirose M. Potentiation of growth-inhibitory activity of 9-beta-D-arabinofuranosyladenine by 2'-deoxycoformycin in human cultured cell lines derived from leukemias and lymphomas. Jpn J Cancer Res. 1989;80:482-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the combination of DCF and Ara-A may be effective against various types of lymphoid malignancies and some myeloid leukemias. ..
- Namikoshi M, Akano K, Meguro S, Kasuga I, Mine Y, Takahashi T, et al. A new macrocyclic trichothecene, 12,13-deoxyroridin E, produced by the marine-derived fungus Myrothecium roridum collected in Palau. J Nat Prod. 2001;64:396-8 pubmed..12,13-Deoxyroridin E is the second example of a macrocyclic trichothecene possessing a double bond at C-12-C-13 and was about 80-fold less cytotoxic than roridin E, the epoxide variant. ..
- Nishiyama N, Okazaki S, Cabral H, Miyamoto M, Kato Y, Sugiyama Y, et al. Novel cisplatin-incorporated polymeric micelles can eradicate solid tumors in mice. Cancer Res. 2003;63:8977-83 pubmed..These data suggest that CDDP/m could be a promising formulation of CDDP for the targeted therapy of solid tumors. ..
- Koido S, Hara E, Homma S, Torii A, Mitsunaga M, Yanagisawa S, et al. Streptococcal preparation OK-432 promotes fusion efficiency and enhances induction of antigen-specific CTL by fusions of dendritic cells and colorectal cancer cells. J Immunol. 2007;178:613-22 pubmed..We conclude that DCs fused after stimulation by OK-432 may have the potential applicability to the field of antitumor immunotherapy and may provide a platform for adoptive immunotherapy in the clinical setting. ..
- Onishi K, Higuchi M, Asakura T, Masuyama N, Gotoh Y. The PI3K-Akt pathway promotes microtubule stabilization in migrating fibroblasts. Genes Cells. 2007;12:535-46 pubmed
- Murakami Y, Suzuki J, Samejima K, Kikuchi K, Hascilowicz T, Murai N, et al. The change of antizyme inhibitor expression and its possible role during mammalian cell cycle. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:2301-11 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that AIn contributed to a rapid increase in ODC at the G1 phase and also played a role in facilitating cells to complete mitosis during the cell cycle. ..
- Matsudaira H, Asakura T, Aoki K, Searashi Y, Matsuura T, Nakajima H, et al. Target chemotherapy of anti-CD147 antibody-labeled liposome encapsulated GSH-DXR conjugate on CD147 highly expressed carcinoma cells. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:77-83 pubmed..These results suggested that target chemotherapy of GSH-DXR encapsulated in an aCD147ab-liposome on CD147-expressing carcinoma cells was effective. ..
- Tajima K, Ohashi R, Sekido Y, Hida T, Nara T, Hashimoto M, et al. Osteopontin-mediated enhanced hyaluronan binding induces multidrug resistance in mesothelioma cells. Oncogene. 2010;29:1941-51 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that OPN is strongly involved in multidrug resistance by enhancing the CD44 binding to HA. ..
- Morishita D, Takami M, Yoshikawa S, Katayama R, Sato S, Kukimoto Niino M, et al. Cell-permeable carboxyl-terminal p27(Kip1) peptide exhibits anti-tumor activity by inhibiting Pim-1 kinase. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:2681-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that a Pim-1 inhibitory p27(Kip1) peptide could be developed as an anti-cancer drug against prostate cancer. ..
- Matsusaka S, Suenaga M, Mishima Y, Kuniyoshi R, Takagi K, Terui Y, et al. Circulating tumor cells as a surrogate marker for determining response to chemotherapy in Japanese patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. Cancer Sci. 2011;102:1188-92 pubmed publisher..Our data support the clinical utility of CTC enumeration in improving our ability to accurately assess treatment benefit and in expediting the identification of effective treatment regimens for individual Japanese patients. ..
- Arai A, Imadome K, Watanabe Y, Yoshimori M, Koyama T, Kawaguchi T, et al. Clinical features of adult-onset chronic active Epstein-Barr virus infection: a retrospective analysis. Int J Hematol. 2011;93:602-609 pubmed publisher..Patients' disease courses seemed to be rapidly progressive and more aggressive than those of childhood-onset cases. More cases must be studied to clarify clinical features and establish an optimal treatment strategy. ..
- Yoshida H, Sekine I, Tsuta K, Horinouchi H, Nokihara H, Yamamoto N, et al. Amrubicin monotherapy for patients with previously treated advanced large-cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lung. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2011;41:897-901 pubmed publisher..7%. The median progression-free and overall survivals of the patients were 3.1 and 5.1 months, respectively. Amrubicin was potentially active against previously treated large-cell neuroendocrine carcinoma. ..
- Imai N, Ikeda K, Seko Y, Kawamura Y, Sezaki H, Hosaka T, et al. Previous chemoembolization response after transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) can predict the anti-tumor effect of subsequent TACE with miriplatin in patients with recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncology. 2011;80:188-94 pubmed publisher..In repetition of TACE treatment, switching the TACE agent from epirubicin or cisplatin to miriplatin offered a favorable treatment effect, especially in patients who had shown a CR after previous TACE. ..
- Takayasu K, Arii S, Kudo M, Ichida T, Matsui O, Izumi N, et al. Superselective transarterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma. Validation of treatment algorithm proposed by Japanese guidelines. J Hepatol. 2012;56:886-92 pubmed publisher..The treatment algorithm proposed by the Japanese guidelines might be appropriate to discriminate the survival of patients with non-TACE from TACE therapy. ..