Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Messina, Sicily, Italy
Locale: Messina, Sicily, Italy
Publications148 found, 100 shown here
- Papasergi S, Lanza Cariccio V, Pietrocola G, Domina M, D Aliberti D, Trunfio M, et al. Immunogenic properties of Streptococcus agalactiae FbsA fragments. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75266 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that FbsA-Fng interaction promotes GBS pathogenesis and that blocking such interaction is a viable strategy to prevent or treat GBS infections. ..
- Cejalvo J, MartÃnez de DueÃ±as E, GalvÃ¡n P, GarcÃa Recio S, BurguÃ©s GasiÃ³n O, ParÃ© L, et al. Intrinsic Subtypes and Gene Expression Profiles in Primary and Metastatic Breast Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:2213-2221 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(9); 2213-21. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Ruggeri C, Tulino V, Foti T, Carcione L, Vita D, Visalli C, et al. [Brucellosis and splenic infarction: a case in pediatric age]. Minerva Pediatr. 2001;53:577-9 pubmed..Serum and culture exams confirmed the diagnosis of brucellosis. The patient recovered once a course of antibiotic therapy was completed, after 2 and half months. ..
- Arena F, Nicotina A, Cruccetti A, Centonze A, Arena S, Romeo G. Can histologic changes of the upper pole justify a conservative approach in neonatal duplex ectopic ureterocele?. Pediatr Surg Int. 2002;18:681-4 pubmed..Considering this findings and the good outcome of patients treated with upper-pole nephroureterectomy, less aggressive surgery with preservation of the upper pole does not seem justified...
- Di Rosa G, Spano M, Pustorino G, Ferrari M, Stam A, Sgrò D, et al. Alternating hemiplegia of childhood successfully treated with topiramate: 18 months of follow-up. Neurology. 2006;66:146 pubmed
- Anastasi G, Cutroneo G, Santoro G, Arco A, Rizzo G, Bramanti P, et al. Costameric proteins in human skeletal muscle during muscular inactivity. J Anat. 2008;213:284-95 pubmed publisher..In this way, the viability of the skeletal muscle fibre is maintained. It will be interesting to clarify, by future experimentation, the mechanisms that lead to the down-regulation of integrins and agrin in muscular dystrophies. ..
- Sciortino M, Medici M, Marino Merlo F, Zaccaria D, Giuffr Cuculletto M, Venuti A, et al. Involvement of HVEM receptor in activation of nuclear factor kappaB by herpes simplex virus 1 glycoprotein D. Cell Microbiol. 2008;10:2297-311 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results establish that HVEM is involved in NF-kappaB activation by HSV-1 gD...
- Wasniewska M, Salerno M, Cassio A, Corrias A, Aversa T, Zirilli G, et al. Prospective evaluation of the natural course of idiopathic subclinical hypothyroidism in childhood and adolescence. Eur J Endocrinol. 2009;160:417-21 pubmed publisher..To prospectively evaluate the course of subclinical hypothyroidism (SH) in children and adolescents with no underlying diseases and no risk factors, which might interfere with the progression of SH...
- d Alcontres F, Cuccia G, Lupo F, Delia G, Romeo M. The orbicularis oculi muscle flap: its use for treatment of lagophthalmos and a review of its use for other applications. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010;63:416-22 pubmed publisher..The incision scars were almost invisible. The authors believe that the switching of upper blepharoplasty technique from the upper eyelid to the paralysed and scarred lower lid can be used as a tool to treat lagophthalmos. ..
- Caccamo D, Currò M, Condello S, Ferlazzo N, Ientile R. Critical role of transglutaminase and other stress proteins during neurodegenerative processes. Amino Acids. 2010;38:653-8 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to validate leading hypotheses and to open new prospects for developing therapeutic tools. ..
- D Anna R, Baviera G, Giordano D, Todarello G, Russo S, Recupero S, et al. Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin serum evaluation through normal pregnancy and in pregnancies complicated by preeclampsia. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2010;89:275-8 pubmed publisher..3-23.3; p < 0.001); and in the third trimester: 57.2 ng/mL (IQR 18.7-70.9) versus 15.8 ng/mL (IQR 9.1-22.5; p < 0.001). NGAL serum values were positively correlated with systolic and diastolic blood pressure and with proteinuria. ..
- Barresi V, Ieni A, Bolignano D, Magno C, Buemi M, Barresi G. Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin immunoexpression in renal tumors: correlation with histotype and histological grade. Oncol Rep. 2010;24:305-10 pubmed..Further studies are required to investigate the potential diagnostic utility of NGAL in the early diagnosis of metastatic progression of RCC. ..
- Bruno A, Micò U, Pandolfo G, Mallamace D, Abenavoli E, Di Nardo F, et al. Lamotrigine augmentation of serotonin reuptake inhibitors in treatment-resistant obsessive-compulsive disorder: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. J Psychopharmacol. 2012;26:1456-62 pubmed publisher..004). The findings provide evidence that lamotrigine augmentation of SRI treatment is well tolerated and may be proposed as an effective therapeutic strategy to improve outcome in treatment-resistant OCD. ..
- Gorgone G, Currò M, Ferlazzo N, Parisi G, Parnetti L, Belcastro V, et al. Coenzyme Q10, hyperhomocysteinemia and MTHFR C677T polymorphism in levodopa-treated Parkinson's disease patients. Neuromolecular Med. 2012;14:84-90 pubmed publisher..0001) with the %CoQ10 in PD patients. Our results suggest that increased Hcy levels act as mediator of the systemic oxidative stress occurring in PD, and %CoQ10 determination might be regarded as a predictor of toxic Hcy effects. ..
- Miroddi M, Carnì A, Mannucci C, Moleti M, Navarra M, Calapai G. Hot flashes in a young girl: a wake-up call concerning Serenoa repens use in children. Pediatrics. 2012;130:e1374-6 pubmed publisher..Medicinal products or food supplements containing S repens are generally well tolerated in male adults, but we believe that their use in pediatric patients should be better evaluated...
- Gallieni M, De Luca N, Santoro D, Meneghel G, Formica M, Grandaliano G, et al. Management of CKD-MBD in non-dialysis patients under regular nephrology care: a prospective multicenter study. J Nephrol. 2016;29:71-8 pubmed publisher..One-third of patients with at least one MBD parameter not-at-target remained untreated. Therapeutic inertia regarding CKD-MBD treatment may be a major barrier to optimizing the prevention and cure of CKD-MBD. ..
- Quartarone A, Sant Angelo A, Battaglia F, Bagnato S, Rizzo V, Morgante F, et al. Enhanced long-term potentiation-like plasticity of the trigeminal blink reflex circuit in blepharospasm. J Neurosci. 2006;26:716-21 pubmed..BTX treatment removes the latter and restores plasticity toward normal values. Our results support the concept that maladaptive reorganization contributes to the pathophysiology of focal dystonias...
- Le Donne M, Settineri S, Benvenga S. Early pospartum alexithymia and risk for depression: relationship with serum thyrotropin, free thyroid hormones and thyroid autoantibodies. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2012;37:519-33 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PPD risk and alexithymia (i) are partly comorbid and directly associated with thyroid autoimmunity; (ii) their association with serum free thyroid hormones and with FT4:FT3 ratio goes in opposite directions. ..
- Russo M, De Luca R, Naro A, Sciarrone F, Aragona B, Silvestri G, et al. Does body shadow improve the efficacy of virtual reality-based training with BTS NIRVANA?: A pilot study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8096 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to clarify the role of body shadow in promoting the internal representation construction and thus self-recognition. ..
- Bitto A, Polito F, Squadrito F, Marini H, D Anna R, Irrera N, et al. Genistein aglycone: a dual mode of action anti-osteoporotic soy isoflavone rebalancing bone turnover towards bone formation. Curr Med Chem. 2010;17:3007-18 pubmed..The positive results achieved by genistein aglycone intake, in terms of efficacy and safety, have stimulated the development of specially formulated medical food products for the clinical management of postmenopausal bone loss. ..
- Pajno G, Caminiti L, Ruggeri P, De Luca R, Vita D, La Rosa M, et al. Oral immunotherapy for cow's milk allergy with a weekly up-dosing regimen: a randomized single-blind controlled study. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2010;105:376-81 pubmed publisher..Cow's milk allergy (CMA) in children is a important problem in medical practice. Oral desensitization has been proposed as a therapeutic approach, but current protocols are time-consuming and impractical...
- Vriz O, Zito C, Di Bello V, La Carrubba S, Driussi C, Carerj S, et al. Non-invasive one-point carotid wave intensity in a large group of healthy subjects: A ventricular-arterial coupling parameter. Heart Vessels. 2016;31:360-9 pubmed publisher..We reported the values and their clinical correlations of the two peaks (W 1 and W 2) of WI, a non-invasive hemodynamic index for assessing ventricular-arterial coupling in a large group of apparently healthy subjects. ..
- Russo G, Giandalia A, Romeo E, Scarcella C, Gambadoro N, Zingale R, et al. Diabetic neuropathy is not associated with homocysteine, folate, vitamin B12 levels, and MTHFR C677T mutation in type 2 diabetic outpatients taking metformin. J Endocrinol Invest. 2016;39:305-14 pubmed publisher..Metformin therapy is associated with a mild vitamin B12 level reduction, but not with DPN. ..
- Reimondo G, Puglisi S, Zaggia B, Basile V, Saba L, Perotti P, et al. Effects of mitotane on the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in patients with adrenocortical carcinoma. Eur J Endocrinol. 2017;177:361-367 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study shows that mitotane affects the HPA axis at multiple levels and no single biomarker may be used for the assessment of adrenal insufficiency. ..
- Bolignano D, Lacquaniti A, Coppolino G, Campo S, Arena A, Buemi M. Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin reflects the severity of renal impairment in subjects affected by chronic kidney disease. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2008;31:255-8 pubmed publisher..The results confirm NGAL as an important biomarker in clinical nephrology, extending to CKD the pathophysiological role of this protein in tubular adaptations to renal damage. ..
- Meo A, Cassinerio E, Castelli R, Bignamini D, Perego L, Cappellini M. Effect of hydroxyurea on extramedullary haematopoiesis in thalassaemia intermedia: case reports and literature review. Int J Lab Hematol. 2008;30:425-31 pubmed publisher..Both patients showed a clinical improvement with hydroxyurea therapy and occasional blood transfusions...
- Caruso C, Le Donne M, Antico F, De Meo L, La Spada R, Arrigo A, et al. Colposcopy vs Hybrid Capture II assay in detection of cervical human papilloma virus infection. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2005;26:303-5 pubmed..There are necessary further studies to interpretate both the advantages and disadvantages of intermediate triage procedures, like Hybrid Capture II testing, compared with immediate colposcopy. ..
- Caliri A, De Filippis L, Bagnato G, Bagnato G. Osteoporotic fractures: mortality and quality of life. Panminerva Med. 2007;49:21-7 pubmed..To reduce mortality, attention must focus on optimising health status preoperatively, preventing postoperative complications, and, when these complications develop, providing optimal specialist medical care. ..
- Toscano A, Schoser B. Enzyme replacement therapy in late-onset Pompe disease: a systematic literature review. J Neurol. 2013;260:951-9 pubmed publisher..Further research is required to investigate factors such as age at diagnosis, phenotypic presentation, and genotypic characteristics, identification of which may enable better clinical and therapeutic management of LOPD patients. ..
- Arrigo T, Chirico V, Salpietro V, Munafò C, Ferrau V, Gitto E, et al. High-mobility group protein B1: a new biomarker of metabolic syndrome in obese children. Eur J Endocrinol. 2013;168:631-8 pubmed publisher..HMGB1 plays an important role in the inflammatory process associated with childhood obesity. This peptide may be an important diagnostic marker for obesity-related complications, such as MS. ..
- Sardo M, Campo S, Bonaiuto M, Bonaiuto A, Saitta C, Trimarchi G, et al. Antioxidant effect of atorvastatin is independent of PON1 gene T(-107)C, Q192R and L55M polymorphisms in hypercholesterolaemic patients. Curr Med Res Opin. 2005;21:777-84 pubmed..These results show, for the first time, that atorvastatin is able to improve the resistance to LDL oxidation independently of PON1 gene polymorphism. ..
- Benvenga S. Solution of a Diagnostic Problem upon Visiting the Patient at Home and Reading their Medication Leaflet. Endocr Pract. 2014;20:517 pubmed
- LaganÃ A, Burgio M, Retto G, Pizzo A, Granese R, Sturlese E, et al. Management of the second phase of labour: perineum protection techniques. Minerva Ginecol. 2015;67:289-96 pubmed..Increasingly, there is the need for close collaboration between the midwife and medical staff to ensure proper personalized assistance based on the peculiar characteristics of the woman and the fetus. ..
- Vecchio F, Miraglia F, Quaranta D, Granata G, Romanello R, Marra C, et al. Cortical connectivity and memory performance in cognitive decline: A study via graph theory from EEG data. Neuroscience. 2016;316:143-50 pubmed publisher..Such Small World pattern might represent a biomarker of working memory impairment in older people both in physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- Gammeri E, Arena A, D Anneo R, La Grutta S. Safety and tolerability of ultra-rush (20 minutes) sublingual immunotherapy in patients with allergic rhinitis and/or asthma. Allergol Immunopathol (Madr). 2005;33:221-3 pubmed
- Santarpia L, Valenzise M, Di Pasquale G, Arrigo T, San Martino G, Cicciò M, et al. TTF-2/FOXE1 gene polymorphisms in Sicilian patients with permanent primary congenital hypothyroidism. J Endocrinol Invest. 2007;30:13-9 pubmed
- Morgante F, Edwards M, Espay A, Fasano A, Mir P, Martino D. Diagnostic agreement in patients with psychogenic movement disorders. Mov Disord. 2012;27:548-52 pubmed publisher..Diagnosis according to clinical available criteria for PMD yields poor diagnostic agreement. ..
- Nicita Mauro V, Maltese G, Nicita Mauro C, Lasco A, Basile G. Non smoking for successful aging: therapeutic perspectives. Curr Pharm Des. 2010;16:775-82 pubmed..The most effective smoking cessation programs involve a combination of pharmacotherapy and behavioural and/or cognitive counselling to improve abstinence rates. ..
- Morabito R, Condello S, Currò M, Marino A, Ientile R, La Spada G. Oxidative stress induced by crude venom from the jellyfish Pelagia noctiluca in neuronal-like differentiated SH-SY5Y cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2012;26:694-9 pubmed publisher..In sum, our findings suggest that P. noctiluca crude venom directly induces ??m collapse with further generation of ROS and add novel information to the understanding of such toxins, still not completely clarified. ..
- Carbone V, Calabrò M, Luzza F, Oreto G. Atrioventricular junctional escape rhythm following a nonconducted atrial extrasystole: fact or fiction?. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2005;16:95-6 pubmed
- Fodale V, Pratico C, Tescione M, Tanania S, Lucanto T, Santamaria L. Tramadol does not modify the Bispectral Index during anaesthesia with sevoflurane and remifentanil. Br J Anaesth. 2005;95:212-5 pubmed..Tramadol, given with ketorolac to prevent postoperative pain, during anaesthesia maintained with sevoflurane and remifentanil at BIS between 40 and 50, does not modify the BIS value. ..
- Salvo F, Polimeni G, Moretti U, Conforti A, Leone R, Leoni O, et al. Adverse drug reactions related to amoxicillin alone and in association with clavulanic acid: data from spontaneous reporting in Italy. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2007;60:121-6 pubmed..Given the documented level of inappropriate use of beta-lactams in Italy, these results should be taken into account by physicians before prescribing amoxicillin/clavulanic acid to patients. ..
- De Luca F, Mitchell V, Wasniewska M, Arrigo T, Messina M, Valenzise M, et al. Regulation of spermatogenesis in McCune-Albright syndrome: lessons from a 15-year follow-up. Eur J Endocrinol. 2008;158:921-7 pubmed publisher..It also suggests that FSH is needed for the full expression of the inhibin betaB-subunit gene, an expression previously reported in the germ and Leydig cells of normal adult subjects. ..
- Anastasi G, Cutroneo G, Gaeta R, Di Mauro D, Arco A, Consolo A, et al. Dystrophin-glycoprotein complex and vinculin-talin-integrin system in human adult cardiac muscle. Int J Mol Med. 2009;23:149-59 pubmed..Finally it attributed a key role in the regulation of action potential duration to cardiac myocytes. ..
- Barresi V, Di Gregorio C, Regiani Bonetti L, Ponz de Leon M, Barresi G, Vitarelli E. Stage I colorectal carcinoma: VEGF immunohistochemical expression, microvessel density, and their correlation with clinical outcome. Virchows Arch. 2010;457:11-9 pubmed publisher..VEGF assessment might be used in order to select those patients with a higher progression risk and to submit them to adjuvant therapies useful to prevent adverse outcome. ..
- Losa M, Bogazzi F, Cannavo S, Ceccato F, CurtÃ² L, De Marinis L, et al. Temozolomide therapy in patients with aggressive pituitary adenomas or carcinomas. J Neurooncol. 2016;126:519-25 pubmed publisher..The drug is well tolerated and causes few severe adverse effects. Recurrence of the tumor can occur after an initial positive response and usually portends a grim outcome. ..
- Aragona P, Bucolo C, Spinella R, Giuffrida S, Ferreri G. Systemic omega-6 essential fatty acid treatment and pge1 tear content in Sjögren's syndrome patients. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:4474-9 pubmed..Omega-6 administration increases the PGE1 levels in tears of patients with SS and improves ocular surface signs and symptoms of ocular discomfort. ..
- Fodale V, Quattrone D, Trecroci C, Caminiti V, Santamaria L. Alzheimer's disease and anaesthesia: implications for the central cholinergic system. Br J Anaesth. 2006;97:445-52 pubmed..A future challenge may be the identification of brain targets of general anaesthetics which do not expose patients to postoperative cognitive dysfunction, nor interfere with prognosis of brain degenerative disease. ..
- Benvenga S, Bartolone L, Pappalardo M, Russo A, Lapa D, Giorgianni G, et al. Altered intestinal absorption of L-thyroxine caused by coffee. Thyroid. 2008;18:293-301 pubmed publisher..In the in vitro studies, coffee was weaker than known T4 sequestrants. Coffee should be added to the list of interferers of T4 intestinal absorption, and T4 to the list of compounds whose absorption is affected by coffee. ..
- Arena S, Magno C, Montalto A, Russo T, Mamì C, Baldari S, et al. Long-term follow-up of neonatally diagnosed primary megaureter: rate and predictors of spontaneous resolution. Scand J Urol Nephrol. 2012;46:201-7 pubmed publisher..0 mm were statistically significant and independent predictive factors for surgery. The time to spontaneous resolution in neonatally diagnosed PM may exceed 3.6 years, after which recovery is rare. ..
- Trovato M, Grosso M, Vitarelli E, Benvenga S, Trimarchi F, Barresi G. Immunoexpression of the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), HGF-receptor (c-met) and STAT3 on placental tissues from malformed fetuses. Histol Histopathol. 2002;17:691-8 pubmed publisher..This immunohistochemical approach could be used in the diagnostic practice of pathologists on chorionic villi biopsy when genetic alterations are absent and ultrasound aspects are doubtful for malformations...
- Cannavo S, Guarneri F, Guarneri C. Strongyloidiasis histologically mimicking eosinophilic folliculitis. Eur J Dermatol. 2004;14:264-5 pubmed..The patient presented with marked blood eosinophilia and an itching maculo-papular eruption, histologically simulating eosinophilic folliculitis. The clinical resolution was achieved after albendazol therapy. ..
- Bellocco E, Barreca D, Lagana G, Leuzzi U, Tellone E, Ficarra S, et al. Influence of L-rhamnosyl-D-glucosyl derivatives on properties and biological interaction of flavonoids. Mol Cell Biochem. 2009;321:165-71 pubmed publisher..Our results underline also that the glycone forms show reduced scavenging activity against DPPH, but present a remarkable inhibition of cell proliferation and low cytotoxicity. ..
- Castelli T, Cimino S, Magno C, Morgia G. Molecular markers for prostatic cancer. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2010;2:641-56 pubmed
- Italiano D, Perucca E. Clinical pharmacokinetics of new-generation antiepileptic drugs at the extremes of age: an update. Clin Pharmacokinet. 2013;52:627-45 pubmed publisher..These include genetic factors, co-morbidities, and drug interactions, particularly those caused by concomitantly administered AEDs which induce or inhibit drug-metabolizing enzymes. ..
- Gasparini S, Ferlazzo E, Giussani G, Italiano D, Cianci V, Sueri C, et al. Rapid versus slow withdrawal of antiepileptic monotherapy in 2-year seizure-free adult patients with epilepsy (RASLOW) study: a pragmatic multicentre, prospective, randomized, controlled study. Neurol Sci. 2016;37:579-83 pubmed publisher..The present study should contribute to better define the best withdrawal period for AED treatment in adult patients with epilepsy. ..
- Mazziotti S, Gaeta M, Blandino A, Vinci S, Pandolfo I. Perineural spread in a case of sinonasal sarcoidosis: case report. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2001;22:1207-8 pubmed..We report a case of sinonasal sarcoidosis with perineural spread along the trigeminal and vidian nerves in which primarily MR imaging but also CT allowed excellent visualization of this infiltration. ..
- Cucinotta E, Lorenzini C, Melita G, Iapichino G, Curro G. Incidental gall bladder carcinoma: does the surgical approach influence the outcome?. ANZ J Surg. 2005;75:795-8 pubmed..The surgical approach used for cholecystectomy would seem not to influence the outcome in patients with unsuspected gall bladder carcinoma. The tumour stage is the most important prognostic factor. ..
- Buemi M, Allegra A, D Anna R, Coppolino G, Crasci E, Giordano D, et al. Concentration of circulating endothelial progenitor cells (EPC) in normal pregnancy and in pregnant women with diabetes and hypertension. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007;196:68.e1-6 pubmed
- Moleti M, Lo Presti V, Mattina F, Mancuso A, de Vivo A, Giorgianni G, et al. Gestational thyroid function abnormalities in conditions of mild iodine deficiency: early screening versus continuous monitoring of maternal thyroid status. Eur J Endocrinol. 2009;160:611-7 pubmed publisher..Adequate iodine supplementation should be strongly recommended to meet the increased hormone demand over gestation. ..
- Granese R, Cucinella G, Barresi V, Navarra G, Candiani M, Triolo O. Isolated endometriosis on the rectus abdominis muscle in women without a history of abdominal surgery: a rare and intriguing finding. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2009;16:798-801 pubmed publisher..We suggest including endometriosis in the differential diagnosis of a symptomatic mass in the abdominal wall in women with and without a surgical history...
- Gaeta M, Minutoli F, Ascenti G, Vinci S, Mazziotti S, Pandolfo I, et al. MR white lung sign: incidence and significance in pulmonary consolidations. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2001;25:890-6 pubmed..05). The white lung sign is an uncommon finding in pulmonary consolidations evaluated with heavily T2-weighted sequences. However, the sign is characteristic of mucinous BAC and adds specificity to the radiologic diagnosis. ..
- Caccamo C, Nostro L, Giorgianni G, Mondello S, CrascÃ¬ E, Frisina N, et al. Behavior of vascular endothelial growth factor and erythropoietin throughout the menstrual cycle in healthy women. J Reprod Med. 2007;52:1035-9 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate the presence of an "open compartment" that reflects the systemic pattern of EPO at the uterine level that allows us to speculate on different effects beyond the angiogenic action of EPO. ..
- Ruggeri R, Santarpia L, Curto L, Torre M, Galatioto M, Galatioto S, et al. Non-functioning pituitary adenomas infrequently harbor G-protein gene mutations. J Endocrinol Invest. 2008;31:946-9 pubmed..Mutations of the genes encoding the alpha subunit of the stimulatory G protein (Gs) and of the inhibiting Gi2 protein (GNAS1 and GNAI2 genes, respectively) have been described in various endocrine neoplasias, including pituitary tumors...
- Quartarone A, Rizzo V, Terranova C, Morgante F, Schneider S, Ibrahim N, et al. Abnormal sensorimotor plasticity in organic but not in psychogenic dystonia. Brain. 2009;132:2871-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that abnormal plasticity is a hallmark of organic dystonia; furthermore it is not a consequence of reduced inhibition since the latter is seen in psychogenic patients who have normal plasticity. ..
- Abbate C, Giorgianni C, D Arrigo D, Brecciaroli R. [Evaluation of direct occupational ocular trauma using electrophysiological techniques]. G Ital Med Lav Ergon. 2005;27:154-6 pubmed
- Mancuso A, Giacobbe A, de Vivo A, Fanara G, Cocivera G. Prenatal identification of isolated bilateral radial dysplasia. J Clin Ultrasound. 2009;37:175-8 pubmed publisher..The intrauterine 2- and 3-dimensional findings, postnatal radiographic evaluation, and autopsy results are reported...
- Mamì C, Paolata A, Palmara A, Marrone T, Berte L, Marseglia L, et al. Outcome and management of isolated moderate renal pelvis dilatation detected at postnatal screening. Pediatr Nephrol. 2009;24:2005-8 pubmed publisher..A non-invasive ultrasound scan performed during the follow-up is sufficient to diagnose a potentially dangerous and persistent RPD. ..
- Montalto E, Mangraviti S, Costa G, Carrega P, Morandi B, Pezzino G, et al. Seroma fluid subsequent to axillary lymph node dissection for breast cancer derives from an accumulation of afferent lymph. Immunol Lett. 2010;131:67-72 pubmed publisher..Therefore, seroma fluid represents a font of biological material suitable for investigating the biology of breast cancer, healing tissues and lymph...
- Lacquaniti A, Donato V, Chirico V, Pettinato G, Buemi M. From chronic kidney disease to transplantation: the roles of obestatin. Regul Pept. 2011;171:48-52 pubmed publisher..55; p=0.0005) and for BMI (?=-0.53; p=0.01). Obestatin, present in lower levels in Tx patients than in CKD patients and HS, plays a role in energy metabolism, affecting BMI and the metabolism of calcium-phosphorus. ..
- Dongarrà M, Rizzello V, Muccio L, Fries W, Cascio A, Bonaccorsi I, et al. Mucosal immunology and probiotics. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2013;13:19-26 pubmed publisher..We also highlight our own experiences in modulating DC functions by commensal bacteria and discuss the relevance of probiotics administration in the treatment of human immunopathologies. ..
- Gagliano E, Barbuscia M, Tonante A, Taranto F, Paparo D, Papalia E, et al. Pancreatic pseudocyst: case report and short literature review. G Chir. 2012;33:415-9 pubmed
- Esposito E, Cuzzocrea S. Palmitoylethanolamide in homeostatic and traumatic central nervous system injuries. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2013;12:55-61 pubmed..The diverse signaling mechanisms are also summarized...
- Ruggeri R, Villari D, Simone A, Scarfi R, Attard M, Orlandi F, et al. Co-expression of interleukin-6 (IL-6) and interleukin-6 receptor (IL-6R) in thyroid nodules is associated with co-expression of CD30 ligand/CD30 receptor. J Endocrinol Invest. 2002;25:959-66 pubmed..In the normal thyroid tissue, colloid nodules, and another subset of benign and malignant thyroid nodules, IL-6 expression is under control of signals other than CD30L/CD30. ..
- Sciortino M, Perri D, Medici M, Grelli S, Serafino A, Borner C, et al. Role of Bcl-2 expression for productive herpes simplex virus 2 replication. Virology. 2006;356:136-46 pubmed..Overall, our data indicate that Bcl-2 expression acts as a regulator of HSV-2 replication. ..
- Marini H, Minutoli L, Polito F, Bitto A, Altavilla D, Atteritano M, et al. Effects of the phytoestrogen genistein on bone metabolism in osteopenic postmenopausal women: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med. 2007;146:839-47 pubmed..Observational studies and small trials of short duration suggest that the isoflavone phytoestrogen genistein reduces bone loss, but the evidence is not definitive...
- Ferlazzo G, MUNZ C. Dendritic cell interactions with NK cells from different tissues. J Clin Immunol. 2009;29:265-73 pubmed publisher..We suggest that this cross-talk should be harnessed by activating both of these innate leucocyte populations with new adjuvant formulations for immunotherapies. ..
- Venza I, Visalli M, Tripodo B, Lentini M, Teti D, Venza M. Investigation into FOXE1 genetic variations in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. Br J Dermatol. 2010;162:681-3 pubmed publisher..These results imply that another tumour suppressor gene at this locus may be more important than FOXE1 in skin carcinogenesis and suggest that variation in the FOXE1 polyalanine tract length predisposes to cutaneous SCC. ..
- Pagano L, Caira M, Tumbarello M, Fanci R, Garzia M, Vianelli N, et al. A prospective survey of febrile events in hematological malignancies. Ann Hematol. 2012;91:767-774 pubmed publisher..The Hema e-Chart provided a complete system for the epidemiological study of infectious complications in HMs...