Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on insulin in New Delhi, NCT, India
Locale: New Delhi, NCT, India
- Sivanandan S, Sinha A, Jain V, Lodha R. Management of diabetic ketoacidosis. Indian J Pediatr. 2011;78:576-84 pubmed publisher..Factors precipitating the episode of DKA should be identified and rectified. Following resolution of ketoacidosis, intravenous insulin is transitioned to subcutaneous route, titrating dose to achieve normoglycemia. ..
- Kirana H, Srinivasan B. Effect of Cyclea peltata Lam. roots aqueous extract on glucose levels, lipid profile, insulin, TNF-alpha and skeletal muscle glycogen in type 2 diabetic rats. Indian J Exp Biol. 2010;48:499-502 pubmed..Improved glycogen in peripheral tissue such as skeletal muscle indicates the ability of plant drug to combat insulin resistance of type 2 diabetes...
- Batra C, Gupta N, Atwal G, Gupta V. Transient neonatal diabetes due to activating mutation in the ABCC8 gene encoding SUR1. Indian J Pediatr. 2009;76:1169-72 pubmed..Genetic analysis was negative for mutations of KCNJ11, 6q24, Glucokinase and IPF-1 genes. A mutation R1183W was found in the ABCC8 gene encoding SUR1, which was the cause of neonatal diabetes in this case...
- Mukhtar H, Ansari S, Ali M, Bhat Z, Naved T. Effect of aqueous extract of Pterocarpus marsupium wood on alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Pharmazie. 2005;60:478-9 pubmed..During both acute and sub-acute tests, the water extract, at an oral dose of 250 mg/kg, showed statistically significant hypoglycemic activity...
- Grover J, Vats V, Yadav S. Pterocarpus marsupium extract (Vijayasar) prevented the alteration in metabolic patterns induced in the normal rat by feeding an adequate diet containing fructose as sole carbohydrate. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2005;7:414-20 pubmed..Though several antidiabetic principles (-epicatechin, pterosupin, marsupin and pterostilbene) have been identified in the PM, yet future studies are required to certify their efficacy and safety before clinical scenario...
- Sharma A, Bharti S, Kumar R, Krishnamurthy B, Bhatia J, Kumari S, et al. Syzygium cumini ameliorates insulin resistance and ?-cell dysfunction via modulation of PPAR, dyslipidemia, oxidative stress, and TNF-? in type 2 diabetic rats. J Pharmacol Sci. 2012;119:205-13 pubmed..Moreover, hepatic tissue demonstrated increased PPAR? and PPAR? protein expressions. Thus, our study demonstrated the beneficial effect of SC seed extract on IR and ?-cell dysfunction in HFD-STZ-induced type 2 diabetic rats. ..
- Bhandari U, Kumar V, Khanna N, Panda B. The effect of high-fat diet-induced obesity on cardiovascular toxicity in Wistar albino rats. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2011;30:1313-21 pubmed publisher..This model of diet-induced obesity will be a useful tool for studying the mechanisms by which dietary fat induces the obesity in humans. ..
- Jyotsna V, Pal S, Kandasamy D, Gamanagatti S, Garg P, Raizada N, et al. Evolving management of insulinoma: Experience at a tertiary care centre. Indian J Med Res. 2016;144:771 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that patients with insulinoma have a varied presentation. Multiphasic contrast-enhanced MRI/CT scan, EUS and ASVS may be complimentary in pre-operative localization. ..
- Mohammad S, Taha A, Bamezai R, Baquer N. Modulation of glucose transporter (GLUT4) by vanadate and Trigonella in alloxan-diabetic rats. Life Sci. 2006;78:820-4 pubmed..The treatment of diabetic rats with combined doses of vanadate and TSP was most effective in the normalization of plasma glucose levels and correction of altered GLUT4 distribution...