Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Erlangen, Germany
Locale: Erlangen, Germany
- Tourtas T, Birke M, Kruse F, Welge Lüssen U, Birke K. Preventive effects of omega-3 and omega-6 Fatty acids on peroxide mediated oxidative stress responses in primary human trabecular meshwork cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31340 pubmed publisher..Based on the observed side effects of omega-6, omega-3 appears to be the more beneficial fatty acid in respect of prophylactic intake for prevention of a glaucomatous disease...
- Grassel E, Romer H, Donath C. [Care groups. Predictors for utilisation and expected quality from the dementia caregiver's point of view]. Z Gerontol Geriatr. 2009;42:394-401 pubmed publisher..In order to increase the rate of utilisation, family caregivers must be convinced of the relevant advantages of using care groups. ..
- Bauer K, Mierke C, Behrens J. Expression profiling reveals genes associated with transendothelial migration of tumor cells: a functional role for alphavbeta3 integrin. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:1910-8 pubmed..Our gene expression analysis of a defined collection of tumor cell lines can be used as a starting point to identify further genes functionally involved in transendothelial migration. ..
- Wallmeier J, Al Mutairi D, Chen C, Loges N, Pennekamp P, Menchen T, et al. Mutations in CCNO result in congenital mucociliary clearance disorder with reduced generation of multiple motile cilia. Nat Genet. 2014;46:646-51 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, CCNO is the first reported gene linking an inherited human disease to reduced MMC generation due to a defect in centriole amplification and migration...
- Stumer J, Biermann M, Knopf J, Magorivska I, Kastbom A, Svärd A, et al. Altered glycan accessibility on native immunoglobulin G complexes in early rheumatoid arthritis and its changes during therapy. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;189:372-382 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study shows the exposure of glycans in native complexed IgG of patients with early RA, revealing particular glycosylation patterns and its changes following pharmaceutical treatment...
- Mayer U. [Hyperornithinaemia in patients with retinal dystrophy]. Ophthalmologe. 2003;100:55-61 pubmed..For this reason we determined the serum levels of ornithine which were found to be elevated to twice the normal level, but never as high as described for the typical form of gyrate atrophy...
- Mbalaviele G, Novack D, Schett G, Teitelbaum S. Inflammatory osteolysis: a conspiracy against bone. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2030-2039 pubmed publisher..Thus, insights into events such as those impacted by inflammasomes, which signal through cytokine-dependent and -independent mechanisms, are needed to optimize treatment of inflammatory osteolysis. ..
- Seebahn A, Rose M, Enz R. RanBPM is expressed in synaptic layers of the mammalian retina and binds to metabotropic glutamate receptors. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:2453-7 pubmed publisher..RanBPM interacts with mGlu2 and other group II and group III receptors, except mGlu6. Our data suggest that RanBPM might be associated with mGlu receptors at synaptic sites. ..
- Hagen S, Brachs S, Kroczek C, Fürnrohr B, Lang C, Mielenz D. The B cell receptor-induced calcium flux involves a calcium mediated positive feedback loop. Cell Calcium. 2012;51:411-7 pubmed publisher..Hence, EFhd2 regulates the BCR-elicited calcium flux through a calcium-dependent positive feedback mechanism in WEHI231 cells. ..
- Eckert E, Leng G, Gries W, Göen T. Excretion of mercapturic acids in human urine after occupational exposure to 2-chloroprene. Arch Toxicol. 2013;87:1095-102 pubmed publisher..The obtained results give new scientific insight into the course of biotransformation of 2-chloroprene in humans. ..
- Lascorz J, Burkhardt H, Huffmeier U, Bohm B, Schürmeyer Horst F, Lohmann J, et al. Lack of genetic association of the three more common polymorphisms of CARD15 with psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis in a German cohort. Ann Rheum Dis. 2005;64:951-4 pubmed....
- Knerr I, Weigel C, Linnemann K, Dotsch J, Meissner U, Fusch C, et al. Transcriptional effects of hypoxia on fusiogenic syncytin and its receptor ASCT2 in human cytotrophoblast BeWo cells and in ex vivo perfused placental cotyledons. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003;189:583-8 pubmed..Our data provide first evidence that syncytin gene expression is down-regulated by hypoxia, which strengthens the hypothesis that syncytin is reduced in disturbed pregnancies in the course of placental hypoxia. ..
- Keuken M, Bazin P, Backhouse K, Beekhuizen S, Himmer L, Kandola A, et al. Effects of aging on [Formula: see text], [Formula: see text], and QSM MRI values in the subcortex. Brain Struct Funct. 2017;222:2487-2505 pubmed publisher..Aging also results in a location shift for a number of structures indicating the need for visualization of the anatomy of individual brains. ..
- Müller C, Huff T, Hannappel E. Reduction of thymosin beta4 and actin in HL60 cells during apoptosis is preceded by a decrease of their mRNAs. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003;250:179-88 pubmed..According to our data araC has a significant influence on the transcriptional level of thymosin beta4 and actin. ..
- Schlierf B, Friedrich R, Roerig P, Felsberg J, Reifenberger G, Wegner M. Expression of SoxE and SoxD genes in human gliomas. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 2007;33:621-30 pubmed..This is compatible with an origin of gliomas from neuroepithelial stem or precursor cells. ..
- Bolduan S, Votteler J, Lodermeyer V, Greiner T, Koppensteiner H, Schindler M, et al. Ion channel activity of HIV-1 Vpu is dispensable for counteraction of CD317. Virology. 2011;416:75-85 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data suggest that not the ion channel activity of Vpu, but its ability to remove CD317 from the cell surface is required to augment HIV-1 release. ..
- Lechmann M, Berchtold S, Hauber J, Steinkasserer A. CD83 on dendritic cells: more than just a marker for maturation. Trends Immunol. 2002;23:273-5 pubmed..Recently, we have shown that the soluble extracellular CD83 domain inhibits DC-mediated T-cell proliferation, representing the first report describing a functional role for CD83. ..
- Bumm K, Grizzi F, Franceschini B, Koch M, Iro H, Wurm J, et al. Sperm protein 17 expression defines 2 subsets of primary esthesioneuroblastoma. Hum Pathol. 2005;36:1289-93 pubmed..The results of this study show the usefulness of Sp17 as a means of discriminating 2 subsets of primary ENB lesions and seem to suggest the existence of 2 distinct cell pathways in their origin and development. ..
- Bergua A, Kapsreiter M, Neuhuber W, Reitsamer H, Schrödl F. Innervation pattern of the preocular human central retinal artery. Exp Eye Res. 2013;110:142-7 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, a peptidergic primary afferent innervation was missing. Since clinical results suggest an autoregulation of intraretinal vessels, further studies are needed to clarify the impact of CRA innervation for retinal perfusion...
- Kuefner M, Schwelberger H, Ulrich P, Hahn E, Raithel M. Total histamine degradation capacity (THDC) as an important biological marker of histamine metabolism in human colonic mucosa. Inflamm Res. 2002;51 Suppl 1:S87-8 pubmed
- Amann K, Bogdan C, Harrer T, Rech J. Renal leishmaniasis as unusual cause of nephrotic syndrome in an HIV patient. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012;23:586-90 pubmed publisher..The case presents several remarkable clinical, pathologic, and therapeutic aspects that may be important for daily clinical practice...
- Rogler A, Rogenhofer M, Borchardt A, Lunz J, Knoell A, Hofstaedter F, et al. P53 codon 72 (Arg72Pro) polymorphism and prostate cancer risk: association between disease onset and proline genotype. Pathobiology. 2011;78:193-200 pubmed publisher..However, disease onset might be modulated by the p53 Pro72 allele, suggesting an important role of apoptosis regulation in prostate carcinogenesis. ..
- Jacobi K, Böhm B, Rickauer A, Jacobi C, Hemmerling T. Moderate controlled hypotension with sodium nitroprusside does not improve surgical conditions or decrease blood loss in endoscopic sinus surgery. J Clin Anesth. 2000;12:202-7 pubmed..Intravenous anesthesia supplemented with N(2) is as effective as moderate controlled hypotension when blood loss, visibility in the surgical field, ACTH, AVP, and cortisol are examined. ..
- Wenkel E, Janka R, Uder M, Doellinger M, Melzer K, Schulz Wendtland R, et al. Does direct MR galactography have the potential to become an alternative diagnostic tool in patients with pathological nipple discharge?. Clin Imaging. 2011;35:85-93 pubmed publisher..023). Duct localization with dMRG was possible with the same reliability as with CGal. Thus, dMRG may have the potential to become an alternative method to CGal. ..
- Zielke B, Thomas M, Giede Jeppe A, M ller R, Stamminger T. Characterization of the betaherpesviral pUL69 protein family reveals binding of the cellular mRNA export factor UAP56 as a prerequisite for stimulation of nuclear mRNA export and for efficient viral replication. J Virol. 2011;85:1804-19 pubmed publisher..UAP56 binding was shown to represent a unique characteristic of members of the genus Cytomegalovirus that is required for efficient replication of HCMV...
- ..Therefore, each clinical rheumatologist should be aware of the cardinal symptoms of lysosomal storage diseases...
- Heindl L, Hofmann Rummelt C, Adler W, Holbach L, Naumann G, Kruse F, et al. Tumor-associated lymphangiogenesis in the development of conjunctival squamous cell carcinoma. Ophthalmology. 2010;117:649-58 pubmed publisher..The author(s) have no proprietary or commercial interest in any materials discussed in this article. ..
- Schett G, Sieper J. Inflammation and repair mechanisms. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2009;27:S33-5 pubmed..It can be expected that the rapidly expanding new field of osteoimmunology will help to clarify the pathogenesis of the these two diseases with possible implications for new treatment targets. ..
- Schroedl F, Brehmer A, Neuhuber W, Kruse F, May C, Cursiefen C. The normal human choroid is endowed with a significant number of lymphatic vessel endothelial hyaluronate receptor 1 (LYVE-1)-positive macrophages. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:5222-9 pubmed publisher..These cells may be involved in choroidal hyaluronic acid metabolism or contribute to temporary formation of lymphatic channels under inflammatory conditions. ..
- Beyer C, Schett G, Gay S, Distler O, Distler J. Hypoxia. Hypoxia in the pathogenesis of systemic sclerosis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2009;11:220 pubmed publisher..Altogether, hypoxia might play a central role in pathogenesis of SSc by augmenting vascular disease and tissue fibrosis. ..
- Adamietz B, Sauer R, Keilholz L. [Radiotherapy for shoulder impingement]. Strahlenther Onkol. 2008;184:245-50 pubmed publisher..This study aimed for the exact diagnosis to indicate therapy and to classify the results according to the Constant score...
- Groene D, Martus P, Heyer G. Doxepin affects acetylcholine induced cutaneous reactions in atopic eczema. Exp Dermatol. 2001;10:110-7 pubmed..This is probably caused by rehydrating and moisturizing effects. ..
- Wachsmuth L, Bau B, Fan Z, Pecht A, Gerwin N, Aigner T. ADAMTS-1, a gene product of articular chondrocytes in vivo and in vitro, is downregulated by interleukin 1beta. J Rheumatol. 2004;31:315-20 pubmed..Thus our data suggest that ADAMTS-1 is the first matrix-degrading enzyme downregulated by the catabolic factor IL-1beta in vitro. ..
- Schmidt J, Albrecht S, Petterich N, Fechner J, Klein P, Irouschek A. [Priming technique with cisatracurium Onset time at the laryngeal muscles]. Anaesthesist. 2007;56:992-1000 pubmed..The aim of this study was to compare a bolus application and a priming technique with respect to the laryngeal onset time and peak effect...
- Haas J, Truckenbrodt H, Paul C, Hoza J, Scholz S, Albert E. Subtypes of HLA-DRB1*03, *08, *11, *12, *13 and *14 in early onset pauciarticular juvenile chronic arthritis (EOPA) with and without iridocyclitis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 1994;12 Suppl 10:S7-14 pubmed..The presence of DRB1*01 appears to convey some protective effect against the occurrence of iridiocylitis in EOPA-JCA, as had been previously observed by Melin-Aldana et al...
- Yang A, Inamine T, Hochrath K, Chen P, Wang L, Llorente C, et al. Intestinal fungi contribute to development of alcoholic liver disease. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2829-2841 pubmed publisher..Thus, chronic alcohol consumption is associated with an altered mycobiota and translocation of fungal products. Manipulating the intestinal mycobiome might be an effective strategy for attenuating alcohol-related liver disease. ..
- Schnepf R, Zolk O. Effect of the ATP-binding cassette transporter ABCG2 on pharmacokinetics: experimental findings and clinical implications. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2013;9:287-306 pubmed publisher..Thereby, ABCG2 limits oral drug bioavailability, mediates hepatobiliary and renal excretion and participates functionally in the blood-brain barrier...
- Wuhr P, Ansorge U. Exploring trial-by-trial modulations of the Simon effect. Q J Exp Psychol A. 2005;58:705-31 pubmed..The results seem to exclude repetition or alternation effects as the main cause of sequential modulations of the Simon effect, but both conflict monitoring and binding may contribute to these effects. ..
- Kopp C, Linz P, Wachsmuth L, Dahlmann A, Horbach T, Schofl C, et al. (23)Na magnetic resonance imaging of tissue sodium. Hypertension. 2012;59:167-72 pubmed publisher..We suggest that, after further refinements, this tool could facilitate understanding the relationships between Na(+) accumulation and hypertension. Furthermore, with additional technical advances, a future clinical use may be possible...
- Zoubek R, Hannappel E. Subcellular distribution of thymosin beta4. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1112:442-50 pubmed..A passive but regulated diffusion could explain the described ability of thymosin beta(4) to shuttle into the nucleus. ..
- Damasceno R, Heindl L, Hofmann Rummelt C, Belfort R, Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Kruse F, et al. Pathogenesis of involutional ectropion and entropion: the involvement of matrix metalloproteinases in elastic fiber degradation. Orbit. 2011;30:132-9 pubmed publisher..To determine the elastic fiber content and ultrastructure as well as the expression of elastin-degrading enzymes in biopsy specimens from patients with involutional ectropion and entropion...
- Ringwald J, Zimmermann R, Eckstein R. Keys to open the door for blood donors to return. Transfus Med Rev. 2010;24:295-304 pubmed publisher....
- Agaimy A, Michal M. Hybrid schwannoma-perineurioma of the gastrointestinal tract: a clinicopathologic study of 2 cases and reappraisal of perineurial cells in gastrointestinal schwannomas. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2011;19:454-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that hybrid schwannoma-perineuriomas are distinct from gastrointestinal schwannoma, both histologically and immunohistochemically. ..
- Hahn S, Setz C, Wild J, Schubert U. The PTAP sequence within the p6 domain of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Gag regulates its ubiquitination and MHC class I antigen presentation. J Immunol. 2011;186:5706-18 pubmed publisher..Although there are no naturally occurring PTAP mutants of HIV-1, mutations of PTAP might enhance the immunogenicity of Gag and, thus, be considered for the improvement of vaccine development. ..
- Weidemann A, Breyer J, Rehm M, Eckardt K, Daniel C, Cicha I, et al. HIF-1α activation results in actin cytoskeleton reorganization and modulation of Rac-1 signaling in endothelial cells. Cell Commun Signal. 2013;11:80 pubmed publisher..To investigate this important aspect of PHD-inhibition, we used a spheroid-on-matrix cell culture model...
- Böhm C, Hayer S, Kilian A, Zaiss M, Finger S, Hess A, et al. The alpha-isoform of p38 MAPK specifically regulates arthritic bone loss. J Immunol. 2009;183:5938-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data show that developing specific inhibitors of the alpha-isoenzyme of p38 would be beneficial for the treatment of inflammation-induced bone destruction as observed in rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Rose M, Dütting E, Schroder N, Sticht H, Brandstätter J, Enz R. PNUTS forms a trimeric protein complex with GABA(C) receptors and protein phosphatase 1. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;37:808-19 pubmed publisher..We suggest that PNUTS targets PP1 to synaptic sites, acting as a temporary bridge between the phosphatase and GABA(C) receptors. ..
- Stoessel C, Stiller J, Bleich S, Bönsch D, Boensch D, Doerfler A, et al. Differences and similarities on neuronal activities of people being happily and unhappily in love: a functional magnetic resonance imaging study. Neuropsychobiology. 2011;64:52-60 pubmed publisher..This might be a cue for the close relationship between grief and depression. ..
- Lehmer C, Oeckl P, Weishaupt J, Volk A, Diehl Schmid J, Schroeter M, et al. Poly-GP in cerebrospinal fluid links C9orf72-associated dipeptide repeat expression to the asymptomatic phase of ALS/FTD. EMBO Mol Med. 2017;9:859-868 pubmed publisher..Presymptomatic expression of poly-GP and likely other DPR species may contribute to disease onset and thus represents an alluring therapeutic target. ..
- Hamer H, Hong S. Is an epilepsy presurgical evaluation necessary for mid-grade and high-grade brain tumors presenting with seizures?. Epilepsia. 2013;54 Suppl 9:56-60 pubmed publisher....
- Zeisig D, Bittner C, Zeisig B, Garcia Cuellar M, Hess J, Slany R. The eleven-nineteen-leukemia protein ENL connects nuclear MLL fusion partners with chromatin. Oncogene. 2005;24:5525-32 pubmed..Overlay and pulldown-assays finally showed a specific and YEATS domain-dependent association of ENL with histones H3 and H1. In summary, our studies support a common role for nuclear MLL fusion partners in chromatin biology. ..
- Milbradt J, Auerochs S, Sevvana M, Muller Y, Sticht H, Marschall M. Specific residues of a conserved domain in the N terminus of the human cytomegalovirus pUL50 protein determine its intranuclear interaction with pUL53. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:24004-16 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the central part of the globular domain including Glu-56 and Tyr-57 is directly responsible for the functional interaction with pUL53 and thus determines formation of the basic nuclear egress complex. ..
- Braunsmann C, Hammer C, Rheinlaender J, Kruse F, Schäffer T, Schlötzer Schrehardt U. Evaluation of lamina cribrosa and peripapillary sclera stiffness in pseudoexfoliation and normal eyes by atomic force microscopy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:2960-7 pubmed publisher..In this pilot study, the stiffness of LC and peripapillary sclera (ppSC) in eyes with and without PEX syndrome were analyzed by atomic force microscopy (AFM) nanoindentation...
- Nimsky C, Ganslandt O, Merhof D, Sorensen A, Fahlbusch R. Intraoperative visualization of the pyramidal tract by diffusion-tensor-imaging-based fiber tracking. Neuroimage. 2006;30:1219-29 pubmed..Intraoperative visualization of major white matter tracts allows save resection of gliomas near eloquent brain areas. A possible shifting of the pyramidal tract has to be taken into account after major tumor parts are resected...
- Kramer M, Vairaktaris E, Nkenke E, Schlegel K, Neukam F, Lell M. Vascular mapping of head and neck: computed tomography angiography versus digital subtraction angiography. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008;66:302-7 pubmed publisher..508). MSCTA proved to be a reliable alternative to DSA in vascular mapping for planning of microvascular reconstruction of the mandible. ..
- Reulbach U, Biermann T, Bleich S, Hillemacher T, Kornhuber J, Sperling W. Alcoholism and homicide with respect to the classification systems of Lesch and Cloninger. Alcohol Alcohol. 2007;42:103-7 pubmed..An excessive noradrenergic reaction of anxiety offenders with initial withdrawal is discussed as a possible explanatory model. ..
- Schett G, Wollenhaupt J, Papp K, Joos R, Rodrigues J, Vessey A, et al. Oral apremilast in the treatment of active psoriatic arthritis: results of a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Arthritis Rheum. 2012;64:3156-67 pubmed publisher..The balance of efficacy, tolerability, and safety supports further study of apremilast in PsA. ..
- Hinz B, Ramer R, Eichele K, Weinzierl U, Brune K. Up-regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 expression is involved in R(+)-methanandamide-induced apoptotic death of human neuroglioma cells. Mol Pharmacol. 2004;66:1643-51 pubmed....
- Zeltner R, Hilgers K, Schmieder R, Porst M, Schulze B, Hartner A. A promoter polymorphism of the alpha 8 integrin gene and the progression of autosomal-dominant polycystic kidney disease. Nephron Clin Pract. 2008;108:c169-75 pubmed publisher..In kidneys of ADPKD, expression of alpha 8 integrin is increased and found de novo in cystic epithelia. A polymorphism of the ITGA8 promoter modifies the progression of renal failure in ADPKD. ..
- Kronschnabl M, Stamminger T. Synergistic induction of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 by the human cytomegalovirus transactivators IE2p86 and pp71 is mediated via an Sp1-binding site. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:61-73 pubmed..These findings clearly demonstrate that IE2p86 and pp71 are crucial regulatory factors for HCMV-induced ICAM-1 upregulation. ..
- Huffmeier U, Lascorz J, Traupe H, Böhm B, Schürmeier Horst F, Ständer M, et al. Systematic linkage disequilibrium analysis of SLC12A8 at PSORS5 confirms a role in susceptibility to psoriasis vulgaris. J Invest Dermatol. 2005;125:906-12 pubmed..048), probably due to insufficient power. We conclude that SLC12A8 is a susceptibility locus for PsV. In order to establish the exact nature of this association, efforts to identify the disease-causing variants are ongoing. ..