Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on up regulation in Japan
Topic: up regulation
Publications138 found, 100 shown here
- Zhang G, Wu H, Zhu B, Shimoishi Y, Nakamura Y, Murata Y. Effect of dimethyl sulfides on the induction of apoptosis in human leukemia Jurkat cells and HL-60 cells. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:2966-72 pubmed..Our results indicate that dimethyl sulfides with a larger number of sulfur atoms more strongly induced apoptosis in both human leukemia cells via ROS production and caspase-3 activation. ..
- Mizuguchi H, Hatano M, Matsushita C, Umehara H, Kuroda W, Kitamura Y, et al. Repeated pre-treatment with antihistamines suppresses [corrected] transcriptional up-regulations of histamine H(1) receptor and interleukin-4 genes in toluene-2,4-diisocyanate-sensitized rats. J Pharmacol Sci. 2008;108:480-6 pubmed
- Nakagiri A, Murakami M. Roles of NADPH oxidase in occurrence of gastric damage and expression of cyclooxygenase-2 during ischemia/reperfusion in rat stomachs. J Pharmacol Sci. 2009;111:352-60 pubmed..These findings suggest that the increase in NADPH oxidase activity is involved in the occurrence of gastric mucosal damage induced by I/R and that this enzyme activity may be causally related to the upregulation of COX-2 during I/R. ..
- Sawada S, Takeda T, Kitano H, Takeuchi S, Kakigi A, Azuma H. Aquaporin-2 regulation by vasopressin in the rat inner ear. Neuroreport. 2002;13:1127-9 pubmed..We speculate that over-expression of AQP2 may be involved in the formation of endolymphatic hydrops...
- Goto K, Chiba Y, Sakai H, Misawa M. Mechanism of inhibitory effect of prednisolone on RhoA upregulation in human bronchial smooth muscle cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:710-3 pubmed..These findings suggest that prednisolone might inhibit NF-kappaB-induced transcription via interaction between glucocorticoid receptor (GR), resulting in an inhibition of RhoA upregulation induced by IL-13 and TNF-alpha. ..
- Sugita K, Suzuki N, Higuchi Y, Kita K, Suzuki Y, Lehmann A. Enhancement of XPG mRNA expression by human interferon-beta in Cockayne syndrome cells. Mutat Res. 1998;408:67-72 pubmed
- Hasebe H, Sato K, Yanagie H, Takeda Y, Nonaka Y, Takahashi T, et al. Bcl-2, Bcl-xL and c-FLIP(L) potentially regulate the susceptibility of human peripheral blood monocyte-derived dendritic cells to cell death at different developmental stages. Biomed Pharmacother. 2002;56:144-51 pubmed..These results suggest that the selective expressions of Bcl-2, Bcl-xL and c-FLIP(L) may be involved in the difference in the susceptibility to cell death between iDCs and mDCs. ..
- Matsuura O, Kadomatsu K, Takei Y, Uchimura K, Mimura S, Watanabe K, et al. Midkine expression is associated with postnatal development of the lungs. Cell Struct Funct. 2002;27:109-15 pubmed..Furthermore, a pronounced induction of midkine by retinoic acid was observed in neonatal lungs. The results indicate that midkine expression is associated with postnatal lung development, but not necessarily with hyperoxic cell damage. ..
- Yasuoka C, Ihara Y, Ikeda S, Miyahara Y, Kondo T, Kohno S. Antiapoptotic activity of Akt is down-regulated by Ca2+ in myocardiac H9c2 cells. Evidence of Ca(2+)-dependent regulation of protein phosphatase 2Ac. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:51182-92 pubmed..A long term change of [Ca2+]i regulates PP2Acalpha gene transcription via CRE, resulting in a change in the activation status of Akt leading to an altered susceptibility to apoptosis. ..
- Yoshikumi Y, Ohno H, Suzuki J, Isshiki M, Morishita Y, Ohnishi H, et al. Up-regulation of JAM-1 in AR42J cells treated with activin A and betacellulin and the diabetic regenerating islets. Endocr J. 2008;55:757-65 pubmed..JAM-1 might therefore play an important role in the differentiation of AR42J cells and the regeneration of pancreatic islets. ..
- Yukawa M, Yo K, Hasegawa H, Ueno M, Tsuchiya E. The Rpd3/HDAC complex is present at the URS1 cis-element with hyperacetylated histone H3. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:378-84 pubmed..The biological significance of this phenomenon is discussed below. ..
- Yamamoto I, Wada N, Ujiiye T, Tachibana M, Matsuzaki M, Kajiwara H, et al. Cloning and nucleotide sequence of the gene encoding dimethyl sulfoxide reductase from Rhodobacter sphaeroides f. sp. denitrificans. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1995;59:1850-5 pubmed..The deduced amino acid sequence had high homology with those of some enzymes containing a molybdenum cofactor: trimethyl amine N-oxide reductase (48%), biotin sulfoxide reductase (44%), and DMSO reductase (29%) of Escherichia coli. ..
- Ohno T, Hiroi H, Momoeda M, Hosokawa Y, Tsutsumi R, Koizumi M, et al. Evidence for the expression of alcohol dehydrogenase class I gene in rat uterus and its up-regulation by progesterone. Endocr J. 2008;55:83-90 pubmed..This implies that progesterone might be involved with retinoic acid synthesis in the uterus, since ADH is the key enzyme for retinoic acid synthesis. ..
- Tanaka H, Suzuki N, Nakajima Y, Sato M, Sagisaka A, Fujita K, et al. Expression profiling of novel bacteria-induced genes from the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 2010;73:148-62 pubmed publisher..We further profiled the expression of three genes in different tissues and a silkworm cell line, NIAS-Bm-aff3, in response to bacteria, and at different times after bacterial challenge in the fat body. ..
- Takabatake T, Ogawa M, Takahashi T, Mizuno M, Okamoto M, Takeshima K. Hedgehog and patched gene expression in adult ocular tissues. FEBS Lett. 1997;410:485-9 pubmed..We also found that two types of ptc genes, potential hh targets and receptors, were expressed in these tissues, suggesting the presence of active hh signalling there. ..
- Hasegawa T, Suzuki K, Sakamoto C, Ohta K, Nishiki S, Hino M, et al. Expression of the inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) family members in human neutrophils: up-regulation of cIAP2 by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor and overexpression of cIAP2 in chronic neutrophilic leukemia. Blood. 2003;101:1164-71 pubmed..In addition, overexpression of cIAP2 may be partly responsible for sustained neutrophilia at least in some cases of chronic neutrophilic leukemia. ..
- Fukumoto K, Yano Y, Virgona N, Hagiwara H, Sato H, Senba H, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta as a molecular target to regulate lung cancer cell growth. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:3829-36 pubmed..These results suggest that PPARdelta activation under the suppression of PG synthesis is important to regulate lung cancer cell growth. ..
- Kim D, Shibato J, Agrawal G, Fujihara S, Iwahashi H, Kim D, et al. Gene transcription in the leaves of rice undergoing salt-induced morphological changes (Oryza sativa L.). Mol Cells. 2007;24:45-59 pubmed..These results provide new insight into the effect of salt stress on the expression of genes related to antioxidant enzymes, proline and GABA as well as of genes in several functional categories. ..
- Nakanishi N, Nakagawa Y, Tokushige N, Aoki N, Matsuzaka T, Ishii K, et al. The up-regulation of microRNA-335 is associated with lipid metabolism in liver and white adipose tissue of genetically obese mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;385:492-6 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the first evidence that the up-regulated expressions of miR-335 in liver and WAT of obese mice might contribute to the pathophysiology of obesity. ..
- Nagahata T, Shimada T, Harada A, Nagai H, Onda M, Yokoyama S, et al. Amplification, up-regulation and over-expression of DVL-1, the human counterpart of the Drosophila disheveled gene, in primary breast cancers. Cancer Sci. 2003;94:515-8 pubmed..These data indicate that amplification and increased expression of the DVL-1 gene may play some role in human breast carcinogenesis through derangement of the Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Usui S, Sugimoto N, Takuwa N, Sakagami S, Takata S, Kaneko S, et al. Blood lipid mediator sphingosine 1-phosphate potently stimulates platelet-derived growth factor-A and -B chain expression through S1P1-Gi-Ras-MAPK-dependent induction of Kruppel-like factor 5. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:12300-11 pubmed..These results reveal the S1P(1)-triggered, G(i)-Ras-ERK/p38 MAPK-KLF5-dependent, stimulatory regulation of PDGF gene transcription in vascular smooth muscle cells. ..
- Kamei Y, Miura S, Suzuki M, Kai Y, Mizukami J, Taniguchi T, et al. Skeletal muscle FOXO1 (FKHR) transgenic mice have less skeletal muscle mass, down-regulated Type I (slow twitch/red muscle) fiber genes, and impaired glycemic control. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:41114-23 pubmed..Activation of FOXO1 may be involved in the pathogenesis of sarcopenia, the age-related decline in muscle mass in humans, which leads to obesity and diabetes. ..
- Takata M, Yamaguchi F, Nakanose K, Watanabe Y, Hatano N, Tsukamoto I, et al. Neuroprotective effect of D-psicose on 6-hydroxydopamine-induced apoptosis in rat pheochromocytoma (PC12) cells. J Biosci Bioeng. 2005;100:511-6 pubmed..Therefore, these results suggest that D-psicose may play a potential role as a neuroprotective agent in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases by inducing an up-regulation of intracellular glutathione. ..
- Saito T, Sato H, Virgona N, Hagiwara H, Kashiwagi K, Suzuki K, et al. Negative growth control of osteosarcoma cell by Bowman-Birk protease inhibitor from soybean; involvement of connexin 43. Cancer Lett. 2007;253:249-57 pubmed..These results suggest that a major negative growth effect of BBI is based on the restoration of Cx43 expression in U2OS cells. ..
- Akiyama N, Naruse K, Kobayashi Y, Nakamura N, Hamada Y, Nakashima E, et al. High glucose-induced upregulation of Rho/Rho-kinase via platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta increases migration of aortic smooth muscle cells. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;45:326-32 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of Rho/Rho-kinase may be a new target for the treatment of diabetic macroangiopathy. ..
- Ikeda O, Murakami M, Ino H, Yamazaki M, Nemoto T, Koda M, et al. Acute up-regulation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression resulting from experimentally induced injury in the rat spinal cord. Acta Neuropathol. 2001;102:239-45 pubmed..This is followed by a later phase of expression in which BDNF is produced by macrophages and/or microglia, apparently functioning in a restorative capacity. ..
- Ni J, Takehara M, Watanabe H. Heterologous overexpression of a mutant termite cellulase gene in Escherichia coli by DNA shuffling of four orthologous parental cDNAs. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2005;69:1711-20 pubmed..coli harboring the mutant genes was 20-30 fold higher than that of wild-type genes. The mutant enzyme showed high activity against CMC and properties similar to those of the native enzymes. ..
- Mitsuda N, Seki M, Shinozaki K, Ohme Takagi M. The NAC transcription factors NST1 and NST2 of Arabidopsis regulate secondary wall thickenings and are required for anther dehiscence. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2993-3006 pubmed..None of the genes involved in programmed cell death were similarly affected. Our results suggest NAC transcription factors as possible regulators of secondary wall thickening in various tissues. ..
- Ohno T, Okahashi N, Kawai S, Kato T, Inaba H, Shibata Y, et al. Proinflammatory gene expression in mouse ST2 cell line in response to infection by Porphyromonas gingivalis. Microbes Infect. 2006;8:1025-34 pubmed..These results suggest that P. gingivalis infection induces gene expression of a wide variety of proinflammatory proteins in stromal cells/osteoblasts, and gingipains may be involved in inducing several of the proinflammatory factors. ..
- Suzuki A, Yamaguchi Y, Hoshi T, Hayashi A, Baba H. Differential inductions of small heat shock protein 27 and 1-Cys peroxiredoxin in reactive astrocytes in sulfatide-deficient mouse spinal cord. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:1921-32 pubmed..These results suggest that astrocytes may respond differentially to individual white matter abnormalities and may modulate specific axonal functions. ..
- Abe Y, Ohtsuji M, Ohtsuji N, Lin Q, Tsurui H, Nakae S, et al. Ankylosing enthesitis associated with up-regulated IFN-gamma and IL-17 production in (BXSB x NZB) F(1) male mice: a new mouse model. Mod Rheumatol. 2009;19:316-22 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that (BXSB x NZB) F(1) male mice are a suitable model for clarifying genetic, environmental and molecular mechanisms underlying ankylosing enthesitis and related diseases...
- Hirota T, Okano T, Kokame K, Shirotani Ikejima H, Miyata T, Fukada Y. Glucose down-regulates Per1 and Per2 mRNA levels and induces circadian gene expression in cultured Rat-1 fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:44244-51 pubmed..These results illustrate a novel mode of peripheral clock resetting by external glucose, a major food metabolite. ..
- Yoshida S, Narita T, Koshida S, Ohta S, Takeuchi Y. TRAIL/Apo2L ligands induce apoptosis in malignant rhabdoid tumor cell lines. Pediatr Res. 2003;54:709-17 pubmed..These results suggest that TRAIL/Apo2L may provide the basis for clinical trials of TRAIL-based treatment to improve the outcome of MRT patients. ..
- Tanaka R, Ono T, Sato S, Nakada T, Koizumi F, Hasegawa K, et al. Over-expression of the testis-specific gene TSGA10 in cancers and its immunogenicity. Microbiol Immunol. 2004;48:339-45 pubmed..Serological analysis revealed that 3 out of 346 patients with various types of cancer possessed antibody against recombinant TSGA10 protein. They included 2 patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and a patient with malignant melanoma. ..
- Iyoda S, Watanabe H. ClpXP protease controls expression of the type III protein secretion system through regulation of RpoS and GrlR levels in enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:4086-94 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ClpXP controls expression of LEE through the regulation of RpoS and GrlR levels in EHEC...
- Sakimura R, Tanaka K, Yamamoto S, Matsunobu T, Li X, Hanada M, et al. The effects of histone deacetylase inhibitors on the induction of differentiation in chondrosarcoma cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:275-82 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that HDAC inhibitors may be promising reagents for use as a differentiating chemotherapy against chondrosarcomas. ..
- Ohashi H, Maeda T, Mishima H, Otori T, Nishida T, Sekiguchi K. Up-regulation of integrin alpha 5 beta 1 expression by interleukin-6 in rabbit corneal epithelial cells. Exp Cell Res. 1995;218:418-23 pubmed
- Yanagita T, Kobayashi H, Uezono Y, Yokoo H, Sugano T, Saitoh T, et al. Destabilization of Na(v)1.7 sodium channel alpha-subunit mRNA by constitutive phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase: negative regulation of steady-state level of cell surface functional sodium channels in adrenal chromaffin cells. Mol Pharmacol. 2003;63:1125-36 pubmed
- Akiyama K, Ishikawa M, Saito A. mRNA expression of activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein (arc) in the amygdala-kindled rats. Brain Res. 2008;1189:236-46 pubmed..These results support that arc serves as an effector IEG whose mRNA is associated with synaptic reorganization in kindling. ..
- Gantner F, Hermann P, Nakashima K, Matsukawa S, Sakai K, Bacon K. CD40-dependent and -independent activation of human tonsil B cells by CpG oligodeoxynucleotides. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:1576-85 pubmed..Collectively, these findings suggest a synergistic role of the TLR9/CD40 system and a critical role for the immunomodulatory cytokine IL-10 in the orchestration of CpG-ODN-induced responses in B lymphocytes. ..
- Shiba Y, Takahashi M, Hata T, Murayama H, Morimoto H, Ise H, et al. Bone marrow CXCR4 induction by cultivation enhances therapeutic angiogenesis. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;81:169-77 pubmed publisher..The upregulation of CXCR4 expression by cultivation may serve as a useful source of BMCs for accelerating therapeutic angiogenesis in ischaemic cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Kumai T, Asoh K, Tateishi T, Tanaka M, Watanabe M, Shimizu H, et al. Involvement of tyrosine hydroxylase up regulation in dexamethasone-induced hypertension of rats. Life Sci. 2000;67:1993-9 pubmed..alpha-Methyl-p-tyrosine prevented the DEX-induced blood pressure increase. These results suggest that the catecholamine synthetic pathway may be involved in DEX-induced hypertension. ..
- Tsumuki H, Nakazawa M, Hasunuma T, Kobata T, Kato T, Uchida A, et al. Infection of synoviocytes with HTLV-I induces telomerase activity. Rheumatol Int. 2001;20:175-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that telomerase activation in synoviocytes has an important role in upregulated proliferative activity of HAAP synoviocytes. ..
- Iizaka M, Furukawa Y, Tsunoda T, Akashi H, Ogawa M, Nakamura Y. Expression profile analysis of colon cancer cells in response to sulindac or aspirin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;292:498-512 pubmed..These data may lead to a better understanding of growth-suppressive effects on colonic epithelium, and may provide clues for identifying novel therapeutic and/or preventive molecular targets of colon cancer. ..
- Matsukawa T, Arai K, Koriyama Y, Liu Z, Kato S. Axonal regeneration of fish optic nerve after injury. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004;27:445-51 pubmed..We further discuss functional roles of these molecules in the regeneration processes of goldfish ON. ..
- Nakada M, Miyamori H, Kita D, Takahashi T, Yamashita J, Sato H, et al. Human glioblastomas overexpress ADAMTS-5 that degrades brevican. Acta Neuropathol. 2005;110:239-46 pubmed..These results demonstrate for the first time that ADAMTS-5 is capable of degrading brevican and is overexpressed in glioblastoma cells, and suggest that ADAMTS-5 may play a role in glioma cell invasion through the cleavage of brevican. ..
- Komichi D, Tazuma S, Nishioka T, Hyogo H, Chayama K. Glycochenodeoxycholate plays a carcinogenic role in immortalized mouse cholangiocytes via oxidative DNA damage. Free Radic Biol Med. 2005;39:1418-27 pubmed..Furthermore, accumulation of 8-OHdG due to GCDC might contribute to the dysfunction of oxidative DNA repair enzymes. ..
- Atarashi R, Sakaguchi S, Shigematsu K, Arima K, Okimura N, Yamaguchi N, et al. Abnormal activation of glial cells in the brains of prion protein-deficient mice ectopically expressing prion protein-like protein, PrPLP/Dpl. Mol Med. 2001;7:803-9 pubmed..These findings strongly suggest that ectopic PrPLP/Dpl in the absence of PrP(C) is actively involved in the glial-cell activation in the brain. ..
- Ishiguro H, Shimokawa T, Tsunoda T, Tanaka T, Fujii Y, Nakamura Y, et al. Isolation of HELAD1, a novel human helicase gene up-regulated in colorectal carcinomas. Oncogene. 2002;21:6387-94 pubmed..These data revealed an importance of HELAD1 in colorectal carcinogenesis and suggest that suppression of HELAD1 may be a promising therapeutic strategy. ..
- Abiko Y, Jinbu Y, Noguchi T, Nishimura M, Kusano K, Amaratunga P, et al. Upregulation of human beta-defensin 2 peptide expression in oral lichen planus, leukoplakia and candidiasis. an immunohistochemical study. Pathol Res Pract. 2002;198:537-42 pubmed
- Alam S, Fujimoto J, Jahan I, Sato E, Tamaya T. Overexpression of ephrinB2 and EphB4 in tumor advancement of uterine endometrial cancers. Ann Oncol. 2007;18:485-90 pubmed..Therefore, ephrinB2/EphB4 might work on tumor advancement and may be recognized as a novel prognostic indicator for uterine endometrial cancers. ..
- Murakami Y, Yatabe Y, Sakaguchi T, Sasaki E, Yamashita Y, Morito N, et al. c-Maf expression in angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2007;31:1695-702 pubmed..016, chi test). These findings strongly suggest that CD4-positive neoplastic T cells in AILT show c-Maf expression and provide new insight into the pathogenesis of AILT suggesting c-Maf to be a useful diagnostic marker for AILT. ..
- Tsutsumi T, Matsuda M, Aizaki H, Moriya K, Miyoshi H, Fujie H, et al. Proteomics analysis of mitochondrial proteins reveals overexpression of a mitochondrial protein chaperon, prohibitin, in cells expressing hepatitis C virus core protein. Hepatology. 2009;50:378-86 pubmed publisher..The HCV core protein affects the steady-state levels of a subset of mitochondrial proteins including prohibitin, which may lead to an impaired function of the mitochondrial respiratory chain with the overproduction of oxidative stress. ..
- Saito Y, Maruyama K, Saido T, Kawashima S. N23K, a gene transiently up-regulated during neural differentiation, encodes a precursor protein for a newly identified neuropeptide nociceptin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;217:539-45 pubmed..These findings suggest that the N23K protein functions not only as a neuropeptide precursor but also as an important component in neuronal differentiation. ..
- Wang Y, Nagase S, Koyama A. Stimulatory effect of IGF-I and VEGF on eNOS message, protein expression, eNOS phosphorylation and nitric oxide production in rat glomeruli, and the involvement of PI3-K signaling pathway. Nitric Oxide. 2004;10:25-35 pubmed..IGF-I is a newly described growth factor that up-regulates eNOS expression and PI3-K plays a major role in this process. ..
- Sugawara T, Kinoshita M, Ohnishi M, Tsuzuki T, Miyazawa T, Nagata J, et al. Efflux of sphingoid bases by P-glycoprotein in human intestinal Caco-2 cells. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2004;68:2541-6 pubmed..Thus P-glycoprotein probably contributes to the selective absorption of sphingosine from dietary sphingolipids in the digestive tract. ..
- Nemoto T, Yanagita T, Kanai T, Wada A. Drug development targeting the glycogen synthase kinase-3beta (GSK-3beta)-mediated signal transduction pathway: the role of GSK-3beta in the maintenance of steady-state levels of insulin receptor signaling molecules and Na(v)1.7 sodium channel in adr. J Pharmacol Sci. 2009;109:157-61 pubmed..g., lithium) up-regulated the voltage-dependent Na(v)1.7 sodium channel. ..
- Okura T, Higaki J, Kurata M, Irita J, Miyoshi K, Yamazaki T, et al. Elevated serum uric acid is an independent predictor for cardiovascular events in patients with severe coronary artery stenosis: subanalysis of the Japanese Coronary Artery Disease (JCAD) Study. Circ J. 2009;73:885-91 pubmed..0 mg/dl and the group with unchanged UA level. Elevated UA is an independent predictor of cardiovascular events and all-cause mortality combined in patients with coronary artery stenosis. ..
- Moriyuki K, Sekiguchi F, Matsubara K, Nishikawa H, Kawabata A. Proteinase-activated receptor-2-triggered prostaglandin E(2) release, but not cyclooxygenase-2 upregulation, requires activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt / nuclear factor-kappaB pathway in human alveolar epithelial cells. J Pharmacol Sci. 2009;111:269-75 pubmed
- Shiohara M, Taniguchi S, Masumoto J, Yasui K, Koike K, Komiyama A, et al. ASC, which is composed of a PYD and a CARD, is up-regulated by inflammation and apoptosis in human neutrophils. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:1314-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that up-regulation of ASC is closely associated with inflammation and apoptosis in neutrophils. ..
- Nagano T, Yanagawa Y, Obata K, Narisawa Saito M, Namba H, Otsu Y, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor upregulates and maintains AMPA receptor currents in neocortical GABAergic neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2003;24:340-56 pubmed..These findings indicate that the neurotrophin enhances the input sensitivity of GABAergic neurons to facilitate their inhibitory function in the neocortex. ..
- Fujii M, Tanaka H, Abe S. Interferon-gamma up-regulates expression of cysteinyl leukotriene type 2 receptors on eosinophils in asthmatic patients. Chest. 2005;128:3148-55 pubmed
- Yamashita S, Mori A, Kimura E, Mita S, Maeda Y, Hirano T, et al. DJ-1 forms complexes with mutant SOD1 and ameliorates its toxicity. J Neurochem. 2010;113:860-70 pubmed publisher..Therefore, insight into the effects of DJ-1 on mutant SOD1-mediated toxicity may provide a therapeutic advance for the treatment of motor neuron degeneration in ALS. ..
- Miyake K, Nagai Y, Akashi S, Nagafuku M, Ogata M, Kosugi A. Essential role of MD-2 in B-cell responses to lipopolysaccharide and Toll-like receptor 4 distribution. J Endotoxin Res. 2002;8:449-52 pubmed..Here, we further show that B cells lacking MD-2 do not up-regulate CD23 in response to LPS. TLR4 predominantly resides in the Golgi apparatus without MD-2. MD-2 is essential for LPS responses in vivo. ..
- Hattori T, Ohoka N, Hayashi H, Onozaki K. C/EBP homologous protein (CHOP) up-regulates IL-6 transcription by trapping negative regulating NF-IL6 isoform. FEBS Lett. 2003;541:33-9 pubmed..These results indicate that CHOP plays an important role in IL-6 production without binding to its promoter, probably by trapping protein(s) such as LIP, which would otherwise inhibit IL-6 transcription. ..
- Katoh M, Katoh M. IGSF11 gene, frequently up-regulated in intestinal-type gastric cancer, encodes adhesion molecule homologous to CXADR, FLJ22415 and ESAM. Int J Oncol. 2003;23:525-31 pubmed..Because IGSF11 gene is frequently up-regulated in intestinal-type gastric cancer, IGSF11 protein might be clinically applied as targets for early diagnosis of gastric cancer as well as for drug delivery to gastric cancer. ..
- Okuda T, Tagawa K, Qi M, Hoshio M, Ueda H, Kawano H, et al. Oct-3/4 repression accelerates differentiation of neural progenitor cells in vitro and in vivo. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2004;132:18-30 pubmed..Our findings indicate that Oct-3/4 is an essential regulator of NS cell differentiation and suggest that the modulation of Oct-3/4 could be a useful tool in clinical application of NS cells. ..
- Hasegawa M, Sato S, Echigo T, Hamaguchi Y, Yasui M, Takehara K. Up regulated expression of fractalkine/CX3CL1 and CX3CR1 in patients with systemic sclerosis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2005;64:21-8 pubmed..Up regulated expression of fractalkine and CX(3)CR1 cooperatively augments the recruitment of mononuclear cells expressing CX(3)CR1 into the affected tissue of SSc, leading to inflammation and vascular injury. ..
- Fujimura S, Xing Y, Takeya M, Yamashita Y, Ohshima K, Kuwahara K, et al. Increased expression of germinal center-associated nuclear protein RNA-primase is associated with lymphomagenesis. Cancer Res. 2005;65:5925-34 pubmed..These results suggest that GANP overexpression is a causative factor in the generation of B lymphomas. ..
- Higashi T, Kyo S, Inoue M, Tanii H, Saijoh K. Novel functional single nucleotide polymorphisms in the latent transforming growth factor-beta binding protein-1L promoter: effect on latent transforming growth factor-beta binding protein-1L expression level and possible prognostic significance in o. J Mol Diagn. 2006;8:342-50 pubmed..Further studies using a larger number of samples will definitively determine the correlation between LTBP-1 haplotype and clinical behavior of ovarian cancer. ..
- Aoki F, Honda S, Kishida H, Kitano M, Arai N, Tanaka H, et al. Suppression by licorice flavonoids of abdominal fat accumulation and body weight gain in high-fat diet-induced obese C57BL/6J mice. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:206-14 pubmed..These findings suggest that LFO prevented and ameliorated diet-induced obesity via the regulation of lipid metabolism-related gene expression in the liver...
- Yasuda T, Fukuda Tani M, Nihira T, Wada K, Hattori N, Mizuno Y, et al. Correlation between levels of pigment epithelium-derived factor and vascular endothelial growth factor in the striatum of patients with Parkinson's disease. Exp Neurol. 2007;206:308-17 pubmed..The correlation between PEDF and VEGF striatal levels in PD patients suggests that concerted neurotrophic functions of these factors or structural changes in blood vessel walls play an important role in the pathophysiology of PD. ..
- Pryor Koishi K, Nishizawa H, Kato T, Kogo H, Murakami T, Tsuchida K, et al. Overproduction of the follistatin-related gene protein in the placenta and maternal serum of women with pre-eclampsia. BJOG. 2007;114:1128-37 pubmed..Our current data show the placental and secretory changes of FLRG protein in pre-eclampsia, and also indicate the potential usefulness of FLRG as an additional diagnostic marker for pre-eclampsia. ..
- Sakurai T, Kondoh N, Arai M, Hamada J, Yamada T, Kihara Negishi F, et al. Functional roles of Fli-1, a member of the Ets family of transcription factors, in human breast malignancy. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:1775-84 pubmed..In addition, human bcl-2 promoter activity was transactivated by Fli-1. These results suggest that Fli-1 contributes to the malignancy of human breast cancer by inhibiting apoptosis through upregulated expression of the bcl-2 gene. ..
- Suwa A, Yoshino M, Yamazaki C, Naitou M, Fujikawa R, Matsumoto S, et al. RMI1 deficiency in mice protects from diet and genetic-induced obesity. FEBS J. 2010;277:677-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that RMI1 is a novel molecule that regulates energy homeostasis. ..
- Ueyama H, Kumamoto T, Fujimoto S, Murakami T, Tsuda T. Expression of three calpain isoform genes in human skeletal muscles. J Neurol Sci. 1998;155:163-9 pubmed
- Ikeda S, Miyazaki H, Nakatani T, Kai Y, Kamei Y, Miura S, et al. Up-regulation of SREBP-1c and lipogenic genes in skeletal muscles after exercise training. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:395-400 pubmed..These data indicate that SREBP-1c, a key transcription factor of liver triglyceride synthesis, might also be responsible for skeletal muscle triglyceride synthesis after chronic exercise training. ..
- Fujita T, Maruyama M, Araya J, Sassa K, Kawagishi Y, Hayashi R, et al. Hydrogen peroxide induces upregulation of Fas in human airway epithelial cells via the activation of PARP-p53 pathway. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2002;27:542-52 pubmed
- Kitayama C, Uyeda T. ForC, a novel type of formin family protein lacking an FH1 domain, is involved in multicellular development in Dictyostelium discoideum. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:711-23 pubmed
- Wu C, Fujihara H, Yao J, Qi S, Li H, Shimoji K, et al. Different expression patterns of Bcl-2, Bcl-xl, and Bax proteins after sublethal forebrain ischemia in C57Black/Crj6 mouse striatum. Stroke. 2003;34:1803-8 pubmed..Upregulation of Bcl-2 and Bcl-xl but not Bax may have a role in protective ischemic preconditioning. This result indicates a potential strategy for further ischemic neuronal injury therapies. ..
- Imai M, Oda Y, Oda M, Nakanishi I, Kawahara E. Overexpression of E2F1 associated with LOH at RB locus and hyperphosphorylation of RB in non-small cell lung carcinoma. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2004;130:320-6 pubmed..Our results suggest that overexpression of E2F1, induced both by LOH at the RB locus and anomalous phosphorylation of the RB protein, is involved in the development of non-small cell lung carcinoma. ..
- Daitoku H, Hatta M, Matsuzaki H, Aratani S, Ohshima T, Miyagishi M, et al. Silent information regulator 2 potentiates Foxo1-mediated transcription through its deacetylase activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:10042-7 pubmed..Our findings establish Foxo1 as a direct and functional target for Sir2 in mammalian systems. ..
- Saika S, Muragaki Y, Okada Y, Miyamoto T, Ohnishi Y, Ooshima A, et al. Sonic hedgehog expression and role in healing corneal epithelium. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:2577-85 pubmed
- Tadano K, Hosokawa A, Fukuroda T, Nishikibe M. The functional shift of endothelin receptor subtypes in dogs with heart failure produced by rapid ventricular pacing. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2004;44 Suppl 1:S350-3 pubmed..This suggests a functional shift of endothelin receptor subtypes in CHF. ..
- Owaki T, Asakawa M, Morishima N, Hata K, Fukai F, Matsui M, et al. A role for IL-27 in early regulation of Th1 differentiation. J Immunol. 2005;175:2191-200 pubmed..Considering that IL-27 is produced from macrophages and DCs earlier than IL-12, the present results suggest that IL-27 may play a pivotal role in early efficient induction of Th1 differentiation until sufficient IL-12 is produced. ..
- Yumoto E, Nakatsukasa H, Hanafusa T, Yumoto Y, Nouso K, Matsumoto E, et al. IGFBP-3 expression in hepatocellular carcinoma involves abnormalities in TGF-beta and/or Rb signaling pathways. Int J Oncol. 2005;27:1223-30 pubmed..The present study suggests that IGFBP-3 mediates growth suppression signals via the TGF-beta and/or Rb pathways in HCC. ..
- Wadhwa R, Takano S, Kaur K, Deocaris C, Pereira Smith O, Reddel R, et al. Upregulation of mortalin/mthsp70/Grp75 contributes to human carcinogenesis. Int J Cancer. 2006;118:2973-80 pubmed..The study demonstrates that upregulation of mortalin contributes significantly to tumorigenesis, and thus is a good candidate target for cancer therapy. ..
- Kanouchi H, Miyamoto M, Oka T, Matsumoto M, Okamoto T, Tone S, et al. Perchloric acid-soluble protein is expressed in enterocytes and goblet cells in the intestine and upregulated by dietary lipid. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1760:1380-5 pubmed..These findings indicate that the proliferation repression activity may be related to renewal of the intestinal epithelium, and that PSP is one of the fatty acid-inducible proteins. ..