Experts and Doctors on tobacco mosaic virus in France
Topic: tobacco mosaic virus
- Chong J, Baltz R, Schmitt C, Beffa R, Fritig B, Saindrenan P. Downregulation of a pathogen-responsive tobacco UDP-Glc:phenylpropanoid glucosyltransferase reduces scopoletin glucoside accumulation, enhances oxidative stress, and weakens virus resistance. Plant Cell. 2002;14:1093-107 pubmed..We propose that TOGT-mediated glucosylation is required for scopoletin accumulation in cells surrounding TMV lesions, where this compound could both exert a direct antiviral effect and participate in ROI buffering. ..
- Hugo N, Weidenhaupt M, Beukes M, Xu B, Janson J, Vernet T, et al. VL position 34 is a key determinant for the engineering of stable antibodies with fast dissociation rates. Protein Eng. 2003;16:381-6 pubmed..This first demontration of similar effects observed in two antibodies with different specificities may open the way to the predictive design of molecules with enhanced stability and fast dissociation rates. ..
- Gachon C, Baltz R, Saindrenan P. Over-expression of a scopoletin glucosyltransferase in Nicotiana tabacum leads to precocious lesion formation during the hypersensitive response to tobacco mosaic virus but does not affect virus resistance. Plant Mol Biol. 2004;54:137-46 pubmed..These results are discussed in relation to the role of TOGT as the major UDP-Glc: scopoletin glucosyltransferase and to the importance of scopoletin accumulation during the HR. ..
- Rudinger Thirion J, Olsthoorn R, Giege R, Barends S. Idiosyncratic behaviour of tRNA-like structures in translation of plant viral RNA genomes. J Mol Biol. 2006;355:873-8 pubmed....
- Seemanpillai M, Elamawi R, Ritzenthaler C, Heinlein M. Challenging the role of microtubules in Tobacco mosaic virus movement by drug treatments is disputable. J Virol. 2006;80:6712-5 pubmed..Thus, results obtained from studies using microtubule inhibitors may have to remain open to interpretation with regard to the involvement of microtubules in viral RNA trafficking. ..
- Hofmann C, Sambade A, Heinlein M. Plasmodesmata and intercellular transport of viral RNA. Biochem Soc Trans. 2007;35:142-5 pubmed..Studies using tobacco mosaic virus have led to the identification of host components that participate in plasmodesmal targeting of viral RNA and movement protein...
- Brandner K, Sambade A, Boutant E, Didier P, Mely Y, Ritzenthaler C, et al. Tobacco mosaic virus movement protein interacts with green fluorescent protein-tagged microtubule end-binding protein 1. Plant Physiol. 2008;147:611-23 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that MP interacts with EB1 and that this interaction may play a role in the associations of MP with the microtubule system during infection. ..
- Hofmann C, Niehl A, Sambade A, Steinmetz A, Heinlein M. Inhibition of tobacco mosaic virus movement by expression of an actin-binding protein. Plant Physiol. 2009;149:1810-23 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, actin-binding proteins appear to have the potential to exert control over TMV movement through the inhibition of myosin-associated protein trafficking along the ER membrane...
- Sambade A, Brandner K, Hofmann C, Seemanpillai M, Mutterer J, Heinlein M. Transport of TMV movement protein particles associated with the targeting of RNA to plasmodesmata. Traffic. 2008;9:2073-88 pubmed publisher..These and other observations suggest that the microtubule network performs anchorage and release functions for controlling the assembly and intracellular movement of MP-containing RNA transport particles in association with the ER...
- Niehl A, Heinlein M. Impact of RNA virus infection on plant cell function and evolution. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1178:120-8 pubmed publisher..Given the high mutation rate of viruses, these interactions have implications for evolutionary processes and adaptations at the virus-host interface that may contribute to eukaryotic evolution. ..
- Boutant E, Didier P, Niehl A, Mely Y, Ritzenthaler C, Heinlein M. Fluorescent protein recruitment assay for demonstration and analysis of in vivo protein interactions in plant cells and its application to Tobacco mosaic virus movement protein. Plant J. 2010;62:171-7 pubmed publisher..We suggest that this method can be generalized for analysis of other protein interactions in planta. ..
- Trinh M, Odorico M, Bellanger L, Jacquemond M, Parot P, Pellequer J. Tobacco mosaic virus as an AFM tip calibrator. J Mol Recognit. 2011;24:503-10 pubmed publisher..Our data shows that the TMV particle is a well-adapted calibrator for AFM tips for imaging single isolated biomolecules. The procedure developed in this study is easily applicable to any other spherical viral particles. ..
- Trinh M, Odorico M, Pique M, Teulon J, Roberts V, Ten Eyck L, et al. Computational reconstruction of multidomain proteins using atomic force microscopy data. Structure. 2012;20:113-20 pubmed publisher..The approach effectively increases the resolution of AFM beyond topographical information down to atomic-detail structures. ..
- Balique F, Colson P, Raoult D. Tobacco mosaic virus in cigarettes and saliva of smokers. J Clin Virol. 2012;55:374-6 pubmed publisher..In addition, TMV RNA has been recovered recently from human stools while tobacco DNA was recovered from smokers' bronchoalveolar lavages...